Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Jana Prime    (Australia)

On 15/11/13 flight from Brisbane to Singapore leaving at 23.45, was the worst flight with this airline. Old plane, no leg room, poor service, I was flabbergasted as I have been flying with them for years. Coming home, the plane was up to their usual standard, but I will be very wary of flying or recommending them in the future.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Lowie Starr    (USA)

Flew from LAX to SIN with a stop over at Narita, then SIN to MNL. First time on an A380. Boarding took a while since it was a full flight and there are lot of pax, once on board, things were very good. FA's were polite and very helpful and are always present whenever you need anything. Food was definitely some of the best airline food I have had, with plenty of drink runs, dessert and what not. Choice between Japanese and Western. Flight was on time though had a very hard landing in Narita. Was probably the longest flight I have had but it was very enjoyable. SIN-MNL they used an older B777 with IFE not AVOD though unlike the A380, but other than that it was fantastic. Transit at Changi was great, had a 12 hour lay over.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Abbott    (Singapore)

Singapore - Zurich and return. On the A380 with all business class seating on the upper deck. Overall a very good trip. Departure from SIN is scheduled very late (01.30), so I had no problem getting off to several hours sleep at that time of the morning. Coming back is a daytime flight, which I personally find more tiring. Anyway, the product remains a solid one. The service was very good. Food and drinks all fine. Still think the IFE system is showing its age compared to say, Emirates, but quite OK and had no problem finding a few movies to watch on the daytime return flight. My complaints remain the same as ever. The business class seat is plain weird, and for taller types like me, the diagonal sleeping position is only just long enough. In addition, SQ start to look expensive compared to the Gulf carriers for the route I was travelling (SIN-ZRH-NCE), by a couple of thousand S$, which is substantial.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2013 by A Difiori    (UK)

Flight SQ317 (LHR-SIN) on 30th November 2013 seat 27K on upper deck. Check-in was fast, although I understand that one of the check-in assistants was rude to my colleague by suggesting it was obvious he'd not flown business class before, but hey, we were in England and you can't complain about poor service here. The flight itself was fine. I had used BTC for the food. The only let down was the breakfast which was bizarre. I had pre-ordered multigrain toast, after a few mis-understandings on what it came with I decided to stay with this choice, however, I wish I had not. It consisted of 2 pieces of what was more like chipboard than toast, accompanied by grilled asparagus, carrots, aubergine and courgettes and on the same place was a sweet pastry. Not sure who makes up the dishes but this certain was not complimentary to each other. All the veg were dry and chewy. Having usually flown Virgin business class in the past I was used to having my bed made for me but this does not happen in SIA flights, also the bed, even though lay flat was designed in a way that for me at 6ft2 was very uncomfortable. Overall not a bad experience, just some oddities.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2013 by A Fox    (UK)

LHR-SIN-PER return. First leg fantastic, upstairs economy on the A380, flight half full with plenty of room stretch out, flight attendants friendly attentive, very enjoyable. Both legs to and from Perth comfortable enough but nothing to rave about. Return from Singapore was terrible. Boarding call for flight was a late and all classes, families with children, etc. we're called within in minutes apart, total chaos ensued. First class, business and economy all cramming in a rush to get on, felt like budget airline experience. Flight was full with no room to move, attendants stretched to handle the demands of anxious late night passengers, lots of small children, it's a thin line between a good and a bad flight in economy when full. Still the better economy airline for long haul.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2013 by A Difiori    (UK)

Flight SQ318 (SIN-LHR), Suite 3A. I had the fortune to fly in one of the suites on my return trip. The service in this class is what you would expect, private entrance at the airport with the added bonus of a separate security channel. I was taken to the SilverKris lounge and upgraded from the 1st class lounge to the private room. This was a great experience, especially having a cook to order breakfast service and a nice sized dinning room. The boarding service itself with a private walkway to the suites was very speedy and as soon as I arrived at the plane door you are taken to your suite by a steward. Seated and then given a guided tour of all the facilities and features. The service itself was amazing if not a little over attentive but being served my the most senior stewards, you would expect this. The food was good, although some items were a little overcooked. I would recommend this but only if you have about 10k to spend without missing it. The suite itself it very comfortable and when the bed is made it was large enough for me to lay out fully, even being 6ft2.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by L Michael    (USA)

I have flown SQ for a long time, but in the past couple of years I was disappointed to notice the decline in service. I fly between JFK and Singapore a lot and they have not changed the menu on the route in a while. The seats were also cramped and the legroom was awful. I'm 6 feet and my legs were pressed against the seat in from of me. The foot rest doesn't help at all if you are above 5'8". Boarding is usually pushed back to about 10 minutes before the scheduled departure and the boarding staff in SIN didn't seem to care much. overall the service is now a far cry from what it used to be and I now refuse to fly with them.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Jan Cafferty    (UK)

LHR-Singapore-Sydney/Melbourne-Singapore-LHR. Check in staff polite and efficient, cabin crew attentive but not over bearing, food as good as you can get when flying, drinks readily available and plentiful and seat that comfortable I slept the majority of each flight. All in all a very pleasant experience, I always fly Singapore Airlines when flying to Australia.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Xiao Steve    (Japan)

SIN-HND the end of November with Boeing 777-300 (non-ER). The plane is amongst Singapore Airlines' oldest fleets, but everything was just comfortable as aircraft's are clean, cabin attendants are helpful, polite, overall service was great. Two thumbs up for SQ as always.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by K Le Quang    (New Zealand)

Perfect airline to me! Every time I had to fly in a long-haul flight, I chose SQ because of its high quality service. It never let me down. The flight from Auckland to Changi SIN was as excellent as usual. Food was great and plenty. The staffs also recommended me to try Singapore Sling and it was great. Whenever I woke up during the night, I always saw the crew's smiles. The transfer at Changi Airport was very good too!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by B Vincent    (Australia)

I flew PER-SIN on a 777 and SIN-SUB on A330 last month. Good points: punctual, comfortable seats, great food, great IFE (when you get the chance to use it). Bad points: On these aircraft types at least, Singapore Airlines aircraft don't have individual air vents and it can become incredibly stuffy, especially on the 777 where the cabin temperature was too hot - not the first time I have had this problem. Also the Surabaya flight was about 2hrs 15min, which should have been enough to take in a 90 minute movie; but they didn't turn on Krisworld until about 30 minutes after pushback, then 70 min later they collected the headsets and said they would be turning it off. In fact Krisworld kept running for another 30 minutes and was only turned off 15 minutes before landing. Had I known this I could have continued to watch the movie with subtitles - I think this was very poorly managed. Why can't they have IFE throughout the flight? - Qantas manages it.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Frank Gan    (Singapore)

Flew from Singapore to Osaka and back in November 2013. Must say that this has to be the best flight I have taken, from boarding to the service and the meal as well as the inflight entertainment. It was an experience that is worth the premium.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Kathryn Rudland    (UK)

Heathrow - Singapore - Perth, 31/10/13.Perth - Singapore - Heathrow, 18/11/13. The cabin crew made a long flight a pleasure, they couldn't do enough - always smiling, nothing was too much trouble. I will recommend and certainly fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by R Fitra    (Singapore)

SIN-HKG-SIN. Check in at both airports were fast and efficient. The planes on both legs were the Boeing 777-200. The IFE on the plane is in serious need of upgrading. Watching movie was a struggle as the screen resolution is very low. Furthermore, it can only be used after the plane took off and before it landed. This is in contrast to some Middle Eastern airlines where the IFE can be used right after stepping in to and before getting off the plane. The cabin crews were polite especially the one on the return leg. She was very helpful and full of smile. The special foods that I requested were available on both leg and tasted ok.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by D Duggins    (UK)

Flew out of Heathrow on 20th November, flight 317 to Australia (via Singapore), the onward flight departed Singapore on 21st November, flight number 217 to Melbourne. Quite simply the best airline we've flown with. All staff immaculately dressed and turned out. Customer service was second to none. All other airlines should aspire to be like this. British Airways take note you need to up your game.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.