Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Lopez Roberto    (Costa Rica)

The best business class I've experienced. JFK to FRA on an A380. Luxury product with Givenchy amenities: blanket, pillows, table linens, cutlery, tableware, etc. Food of very good quality, ordered one of the "Book the Chef" options, impressive beverage selection, with a large list of cocktails as a plus! The crew is the key here, simply one of the best in-flight experiences ever! They know their product and how to enhance it! Always adressed me with my last name, and always with a genuine smile.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Sasun Vartanyan    (USA)

Anticipating a good experience on this well reputed airline, I was not at all disappointed. Flying A380, on LAX- NRT-SIN route, the service was consistently good, attentive, several menu items, and literary numerous (more than 400 movies alone) entertainment options; the only discomfort was the temperature, somehow SQ insisted on keeping the cabin quite cold. But overall, great service and experience.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by R Cartry    (UK)

I've been travelling with SA for many years, each year a trip from UK to Australia via Singapore, some years 2 trips. In addition I've travelled with them from UK to Indonesia via Singapore many times. I think I've been to Singapore around 90 or so times. I've seen terminal 1,2,3, all built and improve their great standards. I have huge admiration for Singapore. But in recent years I feel S Airlines has cut and cut its standards. Sadly, they seem to be steadily slipping down in standards as they expand. It used to be easy to contact SA and change bookings, add trips etc. But now it's a major hassle to get into contact. The food (I travel economy class) is truly awful. It used to be OK. I don't eat a great deal or care a great deal about food, but the stuff served up is inedible! I saw many meals barely touched. The cabin staff are pleasant as always but it's definitely harder for them. The planes were pretty much on time (as usual). On my last trip the particular check-in staff at Sydney were great (our bags were mistagged and they sorted it out well) and I think it reflects their character: I'm sure these people are always good. The ground ticketing staff in Singapore were rather incompetent. I wanted a business class side trip to Indonesia. It took about 4 staff to look into it for half an hour and they said none were available. I went economy anyway and found every seat in business class empty. (I look respectable, honestly!).

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by D Fell    (UK)

I've just come back from a UK - Perth return trip. I first used them two years ago when I went UK - Auckland return and at that time I could not fault them in anyway, this time my experience was different. The food was awful, I'm not a person that's fussy about food but every meal was awful. The staff as always were great but you have to ask for everything now that's not standard such as a beer! Don't get me wrong they will get you one but you have to ask, before they would ask you. The pillows were dirty, god knows with what but you wouldn't put your head on one. I cant put my finger on it but the planes all four were tired. Maybe just a case that they are cutting back the same as everyone else but to me there's no excuse for such poor meals. 3 of us travelled and all of us thought the same.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by T Chia    (Singapore)

SQ919, MNL-SIN, 18/3/2014. Trip was on a refitted B777-200ER, registration 9V-SVJ. Actual time inflight was 3hrs 5mins or so. Took off earlier than schedule which was great. Service was good as usual. Crew seem tired since I didn't see any crew change taking place. Drinks service was basic and I still prefer a full drinks cart being pushed out rather than a tray of juices, water, beer and white wine. Food was great. Had a choice between pork with BBQ flavoured rice and chicken with pasta. I had the pork while my companion had the chicken. My pork dish was excellent with tender pork cubes and vegetables were done right. The rice was a little dry, maybe due to overheating. Dessert was bad, tasted nothing like mango cream cake. My companion said the chicken tasted good, though portions are minuscule. Other than that, I asked for 3 cocktails and all of which were honoured. Cabin crew on this leg didn't smile as much, understandable due to exhaustion. IFE is a little dated since they used the old IFE but with bigger screens, fortunately still AVOD. Seats pretty wide and legroom was standard 32 inches. Aisle seats are bad as they had an IFE box below. The flight was full. I tried asking for souvenirs and was given postcards and playing cards, with a smile this time. In conclusion, this trip is value for money and good service like always from SQ.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Booth Bev    (New Zealand)

Flew Brisbane to Singapore on 14th March sitting in row 57. The service was first class, the flight supervisor remembering details of passengers and while remaining professional communicated with a sense of humour and friendliness. The food was as good as any restaurant with good size portions. Inflight entertainment was first class, plenty of choice for everyone to keep occupied.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by T Chia    (Singapore)

SQ912, SIN-MNL, 13/3/2014. Trip was on a refitted B777-200ER, registration 9V-SVG. Actual time inflight was 3hrs 5mins. There was a delay in moving off but captain kept passengers well informed. Service was fantastic as usual, better than on the return leg since crew were still fresh from rest. Drinks service was basic and I still prefer a full drinks cart being pushed out rather than a tray of juices, water, beer and white wine. Food was so-so. Had a choice between braised beef with fried rice and fish with potatoes. I had fish while my companion had the beef. My fish dish was disappointing with not much taste to the fish. Vegetables tasted fine. Starter was a bit on the dry side. Dessert was heavenly. My companion said the beef tasted good. Other than that, I asked for 3 cocktails and all of which were honoured with a smile. They didn't seem to think of this as a chore. Cabin crew were helpful and joked with some passengers. IFE is a little dated since they used the old IFE but with bigger screens. Seats pretty wide and legroom was standard. Aisle seats are bad as they had an IFE box below. Fortunately the flight was only 70% full and I switched to the 2nd seat. In conclusion, this trip is value for money and good service like always from SQ.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Jill Whitehead    (UK)

We have just returned from Asia and this was the first time we had flown with Singapore airlines. Having contacted their customer services before our flight I have to say the service was excellent. We travelled on a A380 airbus and we sat upstairs. Comfort, leg room, food and service during our flight were better than we have experienced with any other airline. We travelled to Bangkok via Singapore and our return was from Hanoi via Singapore. We sat in 78ac and 72 ac on our return. The service was excellent. Our luggage was transferred to our final destination. All staff on the flight were kind, helpful and made the journey a pleasure. Well done Singapore Airlines we would definitely fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Van Hiep Hoang    (Vietnam)

SQ175, HAN-SIN on March 9 2014, seat 16D, Airbus A330 300. Pros: nice food and wine, very good entertainment and service. Cons: although seat is indicated full flat, it is not possible for aircraft designed for short distance. Relatively low choice of magazines, no menu for food, they only show it to you very briefly. Very small overhead locker, even my specially designed cabin luggage would not fit into any locker of the ATR 72. Slightly chaotic situation if you change seats at check-in.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2014 by D Thomas    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Sydney via Munich and Singapore and then same route on return. I had heard positive things about Singapore Airlines, but to be honest I was quite disappointed. The service was better than rival airlines but was not fantastic. At least they did offer drinks at frequent intervals. The seats were uncomfortable and the cabin temperature was cold. On the outgoing Singapore/Sydney sector it was really far too cold. The food was absolutely awful. I ordered a vegetarian meal and, except for the meal out of Sydney, it was virtually inedible. If you have a nut allergy don't fly with this airline as packets of nuts are given out freely. I'm not sure if I would fly with SA again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Peter Borschberg    (Singapore)

Outbound and return flight from Singapore to Taipei in economy class. Flights were seriously delayed both ways without giving passengers due prior notification. On the outbound leg in Singapore we sat in the plane for about 2 hours before we could take off. On-board service was so-so, and the food was virtually inedible. No wonder everyone seemed to have ordered a special meal.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by K Wright    (UK)

A380, LHR to SIN ok, seats less comfortable than original seating plan. Inflight entertainment faulty but viewable. Boeing 777-200 to Christchurch on tired and dated planes. Terrible seats and 17 inch. Return journey no inflight entertainment for >40 seats from take off. After 9 hours rebooted system as IFE had now gone down in business also. Poor that it was now clear the problem could have been solved sooner if they were at all bothered. Terrible customer service. Boeing 777-300 new touch screens but the plane noise is so loud almost impossible to hear the movies when sat just behind wing. No snacks offered during 13 hour flight. Not recommended.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by M Benedicte    (Singapore)

Singapore to Zurich on A380 - overall good. Good selection of food option, flight had some turbulence. Frankfurt to Singapore on A380. Again good selection of food options and flight had no turbulence.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Blanka Vancurova    (UK)

LHR-SIN - return. Another great flight with Singapore Airlines on A380. The crew were all friendly and served drinks throughout the flight. My vegetarian special meals were tasty - one of the best I have had. Good choice of programs on TV.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by E Santoso    (Indonesia)

Economy Class from Surabaya to Singapore on Feb 23. SQ operates A330 on this route. Seating arrangement is 2x4x2. We were given the middle section (4 seats) as we traveled with one child and one infant. The seats were comfortable enough with generous leg room. Food was not as tasty as Silk Air and only one option left at that time when the FA served me. Very disappointing! All in all, still unhappy with the SIA in-flight services, I personally think the services are going downhill.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by O Castro    (UK)

Flew from LHR-SIN on 18th Feb 2014, the majority of the crews on flight were outstanding except for one male crew who was a bit rude when I asked for a cup of noodles, the initial response was that they didn't have anymore stock and breakfast would be served soon. Apart from this I was still satisfied with the staff service, food and inflight entertainment.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by T Sellicks    (UK)

LHR to SIN on 15th Feb returning on 26th, both legs on 777-200ER. Both legs with window seats. Staff and service excellent, food (Asian option), choices, excellent and delicious. Plentiful water, juice and hot drinks between meals as well as light bites. Hot towels before each meal. IFE selection gargantuan, with superb, easy to use handset. Seats outbound far more comfortable than on the return sector. For service and inflight experiences, one of the nicest I have enjoyed, definitely the carrier of choice to South East Asia and Changi airport is a thing of beauty.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Nick Ware    (UK)

SQ318, SIN to LHR, 23 Feb, A380-800, Business Class. Excellent flight in every respect. On time. Excellent service throughout. Top quality food and drink. The seat and bed were both extremely comfortable. Having flown out on Boeing 777 300 ER (see separate earlier report) with the compromised and uncomfortable new business class seat / bed, I was surprised how much more comfortable the older seat / bed arrangement is on the A380. The only aspect that is not superior on the A380 is the screen which is larger and sharper on the 777 with the new business class. This was an excellent flight and I now know to try to pick Singapore flights with the A380 and to avoid the 777.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by D Meredith    (UK)

Flew on 22/2/14 from Brisbane to Singapore then onwards to Heathrow. The first flight was on a new A330-300, the second on an almost as new Boeing 777-300 ER. Both flights were just superb. The cabin crew, as ever, were attentive friendly and professional. The food on both flights was very good, even though we were in cattle class. We have used them many times to Australia and they are always excellent.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by B Draeco    (Singapore)

Singapore-London on a B777. Flight was on time and the plane looked very clean, the food was great and not many passengers in business class. FAs were very attentive and they were fast. I will fly with them again.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.