Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Hopwood    (UK)

Having just returned from spending Christmas and New Year with family in Australia travelling Singapore Airlines 777-300er from Manchester-Singapore-Perth, flight SQ327. I was allocated the worst seat on the plane seat no. 56G on the back row, my knees were pushed up against the seat in front, couldn't stretch my legs out under the seat in front because the seat was so close had to keep getting up to stretch my legs. I would like to know who allocates the seat number, its not the travel agent he can only request an aisle/window seat, is it Singapore Airlines at the time of booking (booked 5 months in advance) was it the only seat available? Is it the people who book 48 hours before on line or is it at check out at Manchester. I would have thought the back row was reserves for people on stand by or last minute bookings. Travelled many times with Singapore and always found them to be one of the best but not this time. Not a happy pensioner.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Jerome Chia    (Singapore)

Singapore to Bangkok on flight SQ970. Check-in was quick and the staff are very friendly. The inflight entertainment was wonderful as it is been updated not long ago there a lot of new movies. The business class seats were great - big and comfortable. I order the book the cook - really good although an average portion. I will definitely fly with Singapore Airlines in the future.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by V Sitaraman    (India)

I am a very satisfied frequent traveler on SQ and this review only covers the way they serve their special meals in general and the inconvenience this procedure causes on short flights. I noted down the exact service timings on a 75 minute flight (SQ959) between Jakarta and Singapore on 4 Dec 14. Flight take off 15.05, special meals service started 15.15, I was served at 15.50 and my tray was taken away at 16.03 when I had not quite finished the meal. If you order a special meal you will be embarrassed to receive it too early when your neighbors have even not received their drinks. The tray-by-tray special meal service takes so much time that those receiving a standard meal have very little time to eat it, at least on short flights. In the glory days of Malaysian Airlines (which I almost exclusively flew between 1998 to 2009) somehow they would bring the special and regular meals together so that all passengers were served at the same time. Wonder if SQ could think of some way to reduce the time lag between special meal and regular meal service? This is not a complaint but a suggestion.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Lucato    (USA)

LAX-NRT-SIN with no ground customer service to be found anywhere. The usually short refuelling stop in NRT became an overnight 17 hr delay due to Engine problems. Singapore Airlines held us on the plane for over 4 hrs and insisted on serving us the inflight dinner rather than let the passengers disembark. The hotel provided for Economy class was (Nikko Narita) was rather on the run-down side. First and Business where hosted at the local Hilton and another hotel (Did not catch the name). We had a connection to MDC the next morning in Singapore which we missed. That connection only flies every other day, so that we had to stay two days in Singapore over Christmas rather than on our vacation. The biggest problem was that no-one on the phone or the ground staff in NRT could provide us with a new itinerary to our destination. To add insult to injury, the first phone representative insisted that my flight had taken off as planned even though I had called almost 3 hrs after the delay started. The second one was even worse in first refusing to help at all as he claimed I had deviated from my booked LAX-SIN itinerary. It was only after some complaining that he finally realized that NRT is indeed on the route. Not that he had any further information to offer after that other than saying I would get more information in Singapore. Once finally in Singapore, the representative at the gate who was supposed to have our onward information did not and had us wait for another length of time at the transfer desk in Singapore. There, finally, I was handed the boarding passes to our final destination and hotel vouchers. I am Executive Platinum with American Airlines and have seen my fair share of breakdowns and delays. However, without fail an AA representative on the phone has been able to give me my new route/times within minutes of the official announcement of the delay. Onboard service on Singapore Airlines is certainly better than on AA. That said, I will gladly trade in a bit of comfort for the knowledge that I am being taken care in a timely manner if something does not go to plan.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by L Berney    (USA)

SFO-HK, I was disappointed in the overall experience. It appears to me the airline is cutting corners and not keeping up with the ME carriers. The seat, although wide, is not particularly comfortable in the seated position. The fully reclined position was better but the bed was hard. They would do well to add a comforter on the sleeping surface to provide a softer experience. They used to provide an amenities kit- no longer. The food too was just not as good as it used to be. If they want to retain their ratings they better spend a bit more on their business class product.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by J Hampton    (New Zealand)

Travelled AKL-SIN on the old 777 with the incline bed. There was no topper pad for the seat so very uncomfortable to try and sleep. This is a 10 hour flight so it was not up to scratch. These days you really expect more in Business class. There are also 6 seats across so there is not a lot of room to spread out. The food was only just acceptable but as the flight left at 1am we didn't feel like much anyway. I think Singapore need to review their fares on this aircraft as it was barely a step up from premium economy on other airlines. The way back SIN-CHC is the refurbished 777 with a lie flat bed and 4 seats across. A quite different experience. A lot more room and even though it feels a bit weird to sleep diagonally it was fine. 2 comfy pillows. I had tried to book the cook but I didn't think it had worked online as couldn't see it in our booking but on arriving home found confirmation emails that it had, but we didn't get our requested meals on the plane so don't know what happened there. The food was really good anyway. Service was fantastic from the crew, in fact it was the best part of the experience. In Singapore they allowed our two sons (21 and 17)who were travelling with us but in economy to come into the lounge as we had 6 hours there which was really appreciated. On both trips the movie selection was dismal and the only amenities given out were a pair of slippers and an eye mask . There were some toothbrushes in the bathroom but they were all out on the way to Sin. This was our 1st time travelling business with Singapore and have to say was slightly underwhelmed compared to our other experiences.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Krishnan Chitoor    (Australia)

CCU to SIN in the first week of January 2015. Had a seat in Row 36 and as part of the boarding process was made to stand in a queue (one for different sets of rows) for forty minutes. This is a ridiculous ground staff strategy to ensure organised boarding. Considering the flight duration is ~4 hours with a pre 5 a.m. landing, the cabin lights were on for most of the flight for catering and duty-free shopping. For a 5-star airline, the handling of boarding and the management of the cabin left a lot to be desired.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by J Stevens    (Australia)

BKK-SIN-MEL. Of course the service could not be faulted. The main problem we had with our return trip is that we had medium haul 777 and on the way over the much more comfortable long haul product. The medium haul has an inclined bed seat that is far too hard and not at all comfortable whilst the long haul has the fully flat (and deliciously soft) bed- more like a cubby than a bed). It was a bit disappointing. As it was a midnight flight both ways, the ides of offering meals just after take off or two hours before landing is a great one but the breakfasts on both trips were terrible, on the way home, inedible. I know the food in economy is much better.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by C Chan    (Singapore)

Flew from Narita to Singapore on an A380, Meal was great, service was top notch, everything was close to perfection. What makes SQ special is that even if you are seated in coach, the crew provides you with business class level of service, and try their best to make your flight enjoyable. The only downside is that Singapore Airlines is usually more expensive than other airlines. Yet, I am willing to pay more to travel on this airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Lau Ni    (Macau)

Took the A380 Suite HKG-SIN on 19 Dec. Flight departed slightly late, but arrived on time. Great service and seat - amazingly comfortable seat. The only downside is the lack of storage. Could only store handbag under the ottoman. IFE choices were extensive and updated. Was given free 15MB WiFi. Pre-ordered Book the Cook's Lobster Thermidor and it deserves its online reputation. The rest of the courses were mediocre - more like Business Class food. Service was excellent, as expected of SQ, except that the FA forgot to return me my coat at the end of the flight, causing me to walk halfway to Arrival, only to turn back upon realizing my forgotten coat.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Thomas Lundberg    (UK)

Heathrow-Singapore-Auckland return, Nov/Dec 2014. All four sectors were on the A380, and I had economy seating on the main deck for two trips and on the upper deck for the other two. Smoothest take-offs I have experienced and smooth, quiet flights in general. Excellent service from flight attendants who treat you like they want you to fly with them again. They would come back and check on people who had questions or didn't understand how to operate the entertainment system. Adequate legroom and very good entertainment system to help you pass the hours. Most meals were excellent, and flight attendants came through at non-serving times to offer snack items. Only minor issues: the entertainment system would lag a bit on playback of films, and the tray table/seating areas could use a bit of a deep clean. Otherwise, this was the first time I had flown Singapore Airlines in nearly five years and it remains as good as I remember - my favourite airline. Highly recommended.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Dawn Ambadan    (New Zealand)

Flew from Melbourne to Singapore and back. Boeing 777-300 on MEL-SIN had one of the oldest IFE screens I have ever seen on SIA (flying since 2010). Priority meal for other passengers around me meant I had to wait for ages for a meal. SIN to MEL was a brand new A330-300 and had nice IFE and dinner served on board was the best I have had inflight. Serving dinner in the late night and keeping lights on meant there is no way you can sleep properly. I will still fly SIA because of their hospitality and cabin comfort.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Laurence Baillie    (Australia)

I flew from Melbourne to Singapore on a 777. Singapore to Delhi on the A380 and Singapore to Adelaide on the A330. In terms of seat space the oldest one ie the 777 was the most comfortable. I am 1m73 and the Airbus both felt cramped. On the other hand the inflight entertainment on the 777 was pretty poor with scarce visibility of the screen which makes it impossible to read subtitles on foreign films. The IFE on the Airbus was much better. The cabin and toilets were clean and the crew was polite and efficient on all flights. My main complaints are first with the food. I ordered a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian meal which was pretty standard. On all the outbound flights (and I'm not a fussy person) the meals were almost inedible. The other problem is that as they serve the special meals a long time ahead of the normal meals I ended up sitting in an upright position with my tray for over 90 mins, not good. On the Airbus the trays are too big for the foldable table and therefore it keeps on sliding, it's really annoying. The white wine was also not very good. My second complaint would be with the ground staff. They were particularly unhelpful at check-in in Melbourne. All I wanted was 2 seats together but they made such a big deal of it all and because I had booked under the Virgin Australia flight numbers, I couldn't check in online 48hrs prior so that wasn't my fault. Plus on the outbound we only had 1 hr transit and because the flight was delayed, we ended up having to run between the 2 terminals with no help from ground staff whatsoever so that was very poor customer service considering the delay was the airline's fault to start with. We did make our connection but it could have been handled a bit better. Overall I am disappointed and didn't find this airline to be that much better than any other ones. Not worth the extra money anyway.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Jonathan Hiing    (Malaysia)

B777-300ER (SIN-LHR). Overall the flight was fabulous. From pre-take off to airborne to landing, all cabin crews make their very best effort to keep the service went well throughout the flight. Cabin crews were attentive, friendly and helpful. Cabin crews were always appeared in the cabin and went around to serve passengers some drinks and snacks after the meal services. The food was delicious. The cabin was very comfortable especially the lighting. I was lucky enough to board their brand new Boeing 777-300ER. Take off and landing were smooth without much noises. Also, the lavatory were in clean condition all the time. This is the airline worth flying with and I would recommend to the others. Although I was flying Economy class, I felt I was being treated as a business class or first class passengers.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Jonathan Soon Hiing    (Malaysia)

Paris CDG - Singapore SIN, A380. Everything was fantastic. The flight was on time. Cabin crews were very attentive and friendly throughout the flight. Food was good and toilet was clean all the time. Cabin crew were soft spoken with great language proficiency. My only complaint is to upgrade their inflight entertainment like the one they have in 777-300ER. Have flown with other major airlines to the majority of European cities, SQ is still my favorite. Overall, I am very satisfied with the airline and a big thumb up to the crew members. I would fly with SQ and recommend this airline to my friends and relatives.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Singapore Airlines is slowly losing it on their long-haul business class compared to other Middle Eastern airlines. I used to love this seat 7 years ago, when they launched it, however today it doesn't measure up to its competition. Especially given the price. You always tend to sit sideways which is discomforting after a while, especially on this long-haul flight from Singapore to LA via Tokyo on the A380. This must have been one of their oldest A380's for the seat was tattered and basically a lot of wear-and-tear was evident in the cabin and lavatories. Moreover, the IFE didn't work in my seat which was very annoying on this long flight. They tried to fix it onboard, as well as during the Tokyo layover, with no success. Since the flight was full, I couldn't change seats. The food though, was outstanding.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Gerrard    (Australia)

Flew with my 7 year old son from ADL to LHR direct. Experience with faults, and the airports excellent too. The staff remembered our small requests and returned throughout the flight to say that they had not forgotten. My son's request from the standard adult menu was given first. Our seats were comfortable and the plane clean. The food was good but meat a bit tough, the Asian option was better. I have flown Adelaide to London frequently and this trip was the best by far. From check-in through to meeting my family at Arrivals, I could not find fault. It's a long flight but I felt the better for it (and family commented on it too!) at the end due to it being so easy. Singapore Airlines really are the best for economy long haul.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by P Neill    (Switzerland)

SQ Flight 346, SIN - ZRH on the A380. The flight leaves very early in the morning at 01.30. Singapore Airlines should really change the meal service concept on this flight. Having to endure a full service this early in the morning is just cruel torture when passengers would actually would just want the lights to go out and go to sleep. Why not hand out meal vouchers to passengers with plenty of time in transit to eat at a restaurant at SIN airport and then serve only a light snack on the plane after takeoff. Seats in business class look impressive, but are unsupportive in the sitting position and too hard and too short when used as a bed. F&B service as well as inflight entertainment were very good. Crew were also doing a good job. Service overall however was slower at the rear end of the business compartment. Probably also because the top deck was a two class business/economy layout and I was sitting at the far end of the service rotation.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Layla Maharani    (Indonesia)

I flew from Jakarta-Singapore-Bangkok. The check in from Soekarno-Hatta and Changi was handled quickly, but it took a little bit longer in Suvarnabhumi. Staff were friendly and hospitable. The inflight entertainment was wonderful! I like their travel magazine. The economy seats were standard but kind of uncomfortable (for me). The food was good with an average portion. There were no delays and they gave me and my family, who were also travelling with me, a S$20 voucher for every passenger (didn't know what promo that was). The price was also satisfactory and worth the flight experience. Will definitely fly with SQ again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Ilya Loginov    (Russia)

DME-HOU-DME (flight SQ 062 and back with SQ 061): traveled to Houston with SA for business purposes. It was very nice and comfortable flight. Flight attendants were very friendly and openly. Food is very good and drinks as well. Three years ago I have flew the same flight and service is still on top level. Very good airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Krish Mohan    (USA)

SQ 15 - Sep 29. SQ402 - Oct 1. SQ5357, Oct 24. SQ16 - Oct 25 2014. I have been flying SQ from San Francisco to India since 1990, when they had their 747-400 Megatop, almost once or twice a year. Other airlines have cut down on service, rudeness of the cabin crew has increased and fares have skyrocketed. In SQ, the service and amenities always amaze me, a very polite and professional crew and new equipment. The only complaint I have is how they serve the meals in the Economy class. Special Meals like Asian Vegetarian almost begins an hour before the regular meals and passengers on Long Haul Flights need to be sitting with an upright seat for more than 90 minutes with an empty tray in front of them. Aperitifs for Specials Meals are served well after 30 minutes after their meal when the food/drinks cart makes it way. Similarly the dessert (which is usually ice cream) comes an hour after meals.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by C Chan    (Australia)

BNE-SIN-ICN and return on Economy. Consistently great service in all four flights, the cabin crew were very attentive. Food and drinks were excellent in generous servings, and the movie selection on IFE is more than acceptable. I always love their signature cocktail, Singapore Sling. The seat was a lot more spacious than I expected, after having flown with other airlines in the US the month before. I thoroughly enjoyed all flights, although having an empty seat next to me in all 4 flights might be one of the key contributing factors. I am a frequent flyer, and I have to say this trip is one of the best I have had.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Sherwood Richard    (Australia)

We flew to Phuket via Singapore and as with previous trips the flight went without a hitch. The service was great and the staff worked really hard to satisfy all. The food was above average and filling and the drink service well above board.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Phang Jun Xian    (Singapore)

Flew from Singapore to Beijing as flight SQ802 on the 15th of November 2014 and returning back to Singapore as flight SQ807 on the 22nd of November 2014. It was my first time on the Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 in upper deck economy. Boarding was quick and efficient for both sectors, having it about 40 minutes before departure and with boarding queues ending quickly. Legroom was excellent (I am 170cm tall). Food on the Beijing sector was delicious, however, it was not served hot thus making it a little disappointing. Service was great as the crew smiled gracefully during meal service. However, a crew forgot to refill my orange juice (She did not have enough orange juice, so she told me she was going to get some for me but did not come). The entertainment was spectacular, with tons of movies and music. However, the movie tends to lag when viewed. So I settled down to listening to music instead. The seats are comfortable, but the pillow is too big so I feel they should make it smaller thus having it to use lesser space. The return sector was much better. The crew were more friendly and efficient compared to the Beijing sector. My dad's luggage had some issues so he told me to board the plane first. As I boarded the plane, the steward welcomed me warmly and kindly guided me to my seat, also helping me to find an available container to store mine and my father's large carry on. Food was much better on the return sector on the flight as it was served much warmer. I had a great experience with Singapore Airlines and I would recommend it anytime.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Taylor Greg    (Australia)

Flew from Sydney to Zurich, then Amsterdam back to Sydney. Staff were attentive and courteous. They worked very hard throughout the flight to keep things running smoothly. The toilets were clean, the food was good and the flights were all on time. I would fly with Singapore again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Knight Sue    (UK)

Travelled CHC to SIN on 777. Lots of legroom, IFE poor as screen too dark despite maximum adjustment and passenger announcements not loud enough. Staff ever helpful and smiling. Food on menu not great but snacks were. Flight on time. Then SIN to LHR on A380. Seating hard, less legroom and very cold but preferable to being too warm. Needed the blanket! Food much better and staff excellent as usual. IFE had good choices but screen repeatedly froze and others experienced the same. Managed a good amount of sleep as plane so quiet but had to request eye mask and ear plugs. Why don't they ditch the stupid socks in the amenity pack, which I have hardly ever seen anyone wearing, and include eye masks and earplugs along with the toothbrush? Flight on time. Will definitely use them again. My 8th flight with SIA.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Riccardo    (Italy)

SQ12, Sep 1st 2014. I flew from Tokyo NRT to Los Angeles on their A380. Flight left on time, boarding was smooth and excellent service on board. Flight attendant extremely friendly and approachable, great food and drinks (being served wine on a glass and not on a plastic cup in economy was amazing) and wonderful entertainment (they even had Italian series in it). My only critique would be more leg room. Would surely recommend them to others and look forward to flying SA again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Barnes    (UK)

LHR-SIN-DPS. Flew on the A380 and booked the preferred seating for extra legroom. While this was a blessing the reduction in seat width wasn't ideal. The seats were a little too firm for my liking. Other than that the experience was fantastic. Entertainment choice was plentiful, the food was good and the cabin crew were excellent. All requests were met with a smile and service is miles ahead of other airlines.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by B Glover    (Australia)

Rome to Perth October 17. Older 777. Good seats. IFE still bad but everything else good on to Rome to Singapore leg. The Singapore to Perth leg was not what you would expect from Singapore Airlines. The crew were really rushing everything. Not sure why as it was 5 hour flight. It looked like they had trainees on board and the older crew were exerting their authority. The cabin crew were almost running between points on the plane. The coffee service was with the meal and the jug was flayed around with speed and not much care. There was no respite, this sort of rush continued all the way to landing. I am sure this is an isolated incident, I will still fly with them though.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Daniel Masih Jalal    (Singapore)

Flew from SIN-MNL-SIN. Although a relatively short haul flight, the crew were exceptional and never stopped smiling. The great SQ smile. Anyone interested in being pampered at 37,000 feet with the best in service, opt for SQ.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Siauw Steve    (UK)

SQ967 CGK-SIN / SQ306 SIN-LHR. Jakarta to London. First leg, B777-200. Old but clean. I like the fact that SQ offers various dietary menu even for economy class passengers. Ordered a fruit platter and was superb. Second leg B777-300ER year 2006 cabin. Cabin a bit old but clean. Nice food, attentive flight attendants. Although flight was full service standards did not go down. Two thumbs up, as always.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Naser Wadi    (United Arab Emirates)

Can't complain about the staff and the service provided by them, my problem is the delay that affected my trip. Dubai to Singapore was delayed which resulted in me missing my connection to Bangkok and rebooked on the following flight 3hrs later, when returning back faced another delay from Singapore to Dubai. Have been using Singapore Airlines over 10 years and never faced this issue before.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by M Forbes    (Australia)

Flew Brisbane to Beijing via Singapore and returned two weeks later from Shanghai back to Brisbane. The food, entertainment and service was all very good and I particularly enjoyed the wide selection of the latest movies and music that they had to offer. All flights departed and landed on time. Food was nice but the breakfasts were not great. On the flights between Oz and Singapore we flew on the 777-330, with a modern clean interior and a very spacious amount of leg room, possibly the most leg room I have ever had onboard a long-haul flight. The flight between Shanghai and Singapore was the worst - with very little leg room and felt quite cramped.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by C Hall    (Australia)

28 Oct, Flt OZ574. 29 Oct, Flt SQ609. 29 Oct, Flt SQ 237. Clean planes, comfortable seats. Attentive staff. Everything an airline should be.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by T Ney    (Belgium)

PER-SIN-AMS in business class, first leg on 777-200ER refitted, and second leg on 777-300ER. The two things that really set SQ apart are the catering and staff service. This is really excellent food, nice drinks, and perfect service. Changi airport also remains a nice hub, but starts showing its age. However, coming back to SQs, one cannot deny that the seats and IFE are not on par anymore with big rival Emirates, with whom I flew the outbound leg. I actually quite liked the older style seat on the SQ 777-200ER in a 2-2-2 layout, which is perfectly fine, and even better than Emirates' product on their 777s. But I still do not like the very wide seat in 1-2-1 as can be found on SQ's 77W and A380. The seat is not good for lounging, to wide and short for sitting, and in order to use the ottoman one must sit diagonally and lacks good support in the back. Also, having to stand up in order to convert the seat into a bed (and back), is not practical. The bed is hard and too short for me (I am 192cm). The IFE cannot compete anymore versus what the ME carriers are offering. Smaller screen, less choice, and most unexplainable: no IFE on offer before take-off, while with other carriers one can board early and already enjoy half a movie before boarding, taxi and take-off are over. Anyway, flying business with SQ is of course still a treat, but others do much better today. Am curious to discover SQ's new business class product, which is now being rolled out for its longer range routes.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Walker Christopher    (Australia)

My wife and I flew SQ256/S366 BNE-SIN-FCO in October and returned on SQ365/255 in November. The outbound flight from BNE was excellent. The staff could not be faulted. The seats and the IFE were excellent. We took advantage of book the cook from Singapore and the food was of a very high standard and well presented. The only stumble on the SIN-FCO sector is the old style IFE. My wife slept comfortably on the lie down bed The return from FCO was good - excellent service and good meals but once again - old IFE. We had chosen book the cook for the sector SIN-BNE but it was a let down - overheated and not very palatable or well presented. The staff did the best they could but it was a let down after 3 great sectors.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Grey    (Australia)

I returned economy class from the UK on a London/Singapore on an Airbus A380-800 and Singapore/Brisbane on an Airbus A330-300. The previous flights out had been great, mainly because the planes were only 3/4 full so everyone could spread out. However the flights back to Australia were jam-packed and sitting there squashed in my seat like the proverbial sardine I came to the realisation of what the airline had in mind when it purchased the A380 and it wasn't my comfort. Further, this aircraft seems to be simply a larger version of what was available before so it takes ages to board and disembark as there are so many more people. In the departure lounge, those of us in economy were forced to endure cognitive dissonance having to stand in a queue while those in Business and First class were given priority boarding. Can't these people be whisked into the aircraft, out of sight? The A330 on the Singapore/Brisbane leg seemed to be quite aged. Further it was freezing. A few things were broken (eg the lid on the rubbish bin in the toilet). This seemed a basic thing to be broken, also rather unhygienic. The sinks appeared to be stained. There does not seem to be enough toilets for the numbers of people on the plane. Economy class seating seems to be encased in metal with no padding to soften the blow. When the metal gets cold due to the freezing temperature, this metal is decidedly uncomfortable. The thin, polyester blankets supplied are barely adequate. They need to be twice as large and several times the tog rating ameliorate the cold. The things the airline boast about - food, entertainment, service - are all quite good but in the end I would be happier to spend the entire flight lying down, in silence, in darkness, with a warm blanket and perhaps a good book that I can read by the light of my iphone.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Robert Adams    (UK)

SQ306, 16/10/2014, SIN-LHR. I recently had a block of five flights with Singapore Airlines. The first thing you notice is that they have a modern fleet of aircraft's, the cabins are fresh and clean and importantly use the latest technology for passenger use. The service is extremely good, onboard the stewardesses are very friendly and efficient as they serve passengers and smile which makes a big difference. The new aircraft's have the better seats, they are quite wide for economy the backs give good support but the most important thing for me was the cushioning it seemed about right and after a 14 hour flight on a 777 I found it to be one of the best seats I have sat in on a plane. All flights were very good and I would use them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Evo    (Australia)

Flew Singapore from Brisbane to Paris via Singapore and then return on the same path. Check in staff and flight attendants on all trips were very professional and helpful. Air con hardly worked between Brisbane and Singapore and was most uncomfortable. Also very disappointed (and annoyed) when offered peanuts as a snack despite telling the airline that I was anaphylactic to peanuts! After telling the flight attendant he was most apologetic and gave me and my family potato chips instead. Overall the meals were ok - especially good from Paris! Flew on the A380 between Singapore and Paris and there was plenty of room so were able to spread out and have a proper sleep! Flight attendants were most attentive and seemed to rush up and offer you more food or drink as soon as you showed any sign of waking up. Overall quite a good experience and I would recommend this airline!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Modesti Antonella    (Switzerland)

Simply perfect! Zurich to Singapore, and back from Denpasar to Zurich via Singapore with my family. I bought the tickets online through their web site taking advantage of a special offer, they extremely cheap. Upon reservation I was immediately allowed to choose the seats and special meals (I am vegetarian). Every flight was perfectly on time or landed early. Seats are comfortable and inflight entertainment excellent. My special meal arrived at the same time of other meals, warm and very good, other meals were also good. Large variety of drinks and good wine. Several times during the flight they offered water, juices and snacks. I was travelling with a 4yr old child who was continuously spoiled by the cabin crew with gifts and additional food. We asked for sandwiches and snacks several times and they offered them immediately. Getting in the aircraft on the way back I remarked that the seat belt on my seat was broken. Ground staff arrived immediately, they dismantled the seat and changed the belt. The whole operation did not take more than 5 minutes! A special word to the cabin crew, it was not my first flight with Singapore Airlines and I am always astonished by how lovely, caring and professional they are! They are always smiling, never get nervous or stressed, and are extremely efficient, they never forget something you ask them!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by P Dong    (USA)

JFK-FRA-SIN-PVG and back to JFK. A380 on JFK-SIN and 777-300ER on SIN-PVG. Everything with Singapore Airlines and Changi Airport was superb. Great entertainment system, great food, great service, great airplanes, great economy seats. The food is delicious, for asian taste, they are one of the best I've seen. My feeder flight was delayed on my way to PVG, so I missed my PVG-SIN flight. The SIA staff in PVG changed my ticket without any question or fee. The inflight entertainment on FRA-SIN leg was not functioning properly. When disembarking in SIN, the airline staff gave every passenger a gift of leather wallet as compensation and apologized personally to everyone. I am very impressed by Singapore Airlines. They deserve to be a 5 star airline. I will definitely fly SIA again. If there was one thing bad is that I didn't really like their check-in staff in JFK.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by P Borschberg    (Singapore)

SQ markets itself as a premium brand airline. My recent experience SIN-MEL-SIN does not confirm this: small seats in economy class, food and beverages left a lot to be desired, and slow service. The one positive thing I can say is that they were on-time. All in all a poor value-for-money performance.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by B Lanciano    (Australia)

Perth-Singapore-Rome and return. Have been flying with SQ on and off for the over 20 years. Still the best airline to travel with. A true 5 star performer which has withstood the test of time.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Harrison David    (UK)

Travelled LHR-SIN-LHR on A380. Everything fine apart from the Air-Con at the rear of the plane on the upper deck. Paid extra for seats with leg room but was frozen both ways (esp legs and feet) We were told that this is due to the exit doors and the chilling equipment in the galley. Was shown the overall cabin temp (which said 24 but felt like -24 in your seat). SQ really needs to look at this but it maybe an Airbus thing rather than SQ.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Lau Ni    (Macau)

Travelled HKG-SIN on 30 September on the A380. Flight departed around 30 minutes later than scheduled, but overall the flight was smooth and we arrived on time. Seat was uncomfortably wide, but made better by the 2 cushions on each side. It was a pity that the seat, including the storage compartments, looked dirty, old and worn. Maintenance could have been better - have seen older but cleaner A330 from Asiana. Food-wise is the usual Business Class fare, nothing spectacular but was of good quality and quantity. Service was prompt and friendly.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Zachary Ho    (Singapore)

Singapore to Milan, Rome to Singapore. The flight to Milan was a Boeing 777-300. Service was again excellent throughout the flight and deserved praise. Food and IFE was great. The return flight from Rome was old model, Boeing 777-200ER. The plane although looked new on the outside was old on the inside. IFE screen was poor and far outdated then the one they currently use on their newer models. Though I felt more comfortable in the seats. However I do not know why SIA still doesn't retire this old model. Clearly, footrest, seats and even the IFE was in a need of repair. Service on this flight was not as great as the previous flight. Request were sometimes miss and food options ran out, something i had not experience before with SIA. A letdown this time for the return flight. I would still recommend based on the outbound flight from Singapore.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Rafi Pramadio    (Indonesia)

Flew with Singapore Airlines in September between CGK and SIN, then proceeded to PEN with their subsidiary SilkAir (return). As an athlete, I had to travel with my equipment which are large in size and heavy. On the first leg, the check in process was smooth as there were no lines although the plane was full. We were scheduled to fly on a 777-200/200ER, but due to maintenance issues, they instead used a 777-300ER, which has better seats, IFE and was spotless clean inside out. Boarding process was quick, and flight attendants greeted everyone with a smile and addressed some of the passengers by name. What disappointed me was that they did not switch on the much expected IFE until almost halfway through the journey, and to my surprise, the food was both below standard (I tried both options). On the leg back, they used the 777-300 classic series which was also clean inside out. Seamless boarding process yet again, and great food. I shopped from the SilverKris magazine for the special F1 merchandise, and it was a smooth process as well. But to my disappointment, they did not switch on the IFE at all. For the time being I will opt for SkyTeam carriers Garuda Indonesia and Air France which allows me to pay less but get the same results.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by C Dickinson    (UK)

Return trip to Adelaide via Singapore. Would not use this airline again, nor would I recommend travelling with Singapore Airlines. The seating was uncomfortable and cramped, extremely poor inflight entertainment, the food was an ice cream dessert that was still frozen and inedible. One of the meals contained pork so tough I could not cut through it. Another meal that was supposed to be beef just consisted mainly of gristle. The only good part of all four flights was that most of the cabin staff were efficient and helpful. I found the whole experience extremely disappointing, and certainly poor value for money.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by C Murch    (Hong Kong)

I flew from HKG-SIN onboard a B777-300ER (9V-SWO). The seats were fairly comfortable there was a good selection of movies on the IFE system. The food was good and the flight attendants were friendly. The only problem was that the PTV was not touch screen and the seats were getting a little worn out. I then flew back to Hong Kong on one of their 777-200's (9V-SRO). The aircraft had been retrofitted however, the TV's were still old and the remote was stuck on the side of my armrest. Being 180cm the legroom was insufficient as their was an IFE box under the seat in front of me. Even with a massive box to run the IFE it was still slow. Once in the air the movie I was watching kept pausing because I kept accidentally banging the remote as it was on the side of my armrest. The food was good and the crew were impressive and had learnt the names of all the kids seated around me prior to the flight. After having the meal the lights were dimmed for the remaining hour. Even though the 777-200 hand been retrofitted it was obviously done in a rush as the remotes and TV's were still old. The crew are very good and the food is good however, their seats are getting old and all their aircraft could do with an upgrade or replacement.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by S Flynn    (Australia)

BNE-SIN and then Silk Air SIN-CEB. Seating comfortable and the food and overall service was great. What can you say about the cabin crew, they are above the best, both directions the flight was well on time and connections and transfers met. The overall service provided across all levels of both Singapore and Silk Air exemplary. An airline is only as good as the crew that it employs and to that end they are the best in what they do.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Khalid Ahmed    (Germany)

ZRH-SIN-SGN and back with A380/777-200. All in all nice flights with very good cabin service and an unbeatable Changi Airport. Positive: Staff very attentive and professional, food of good quality, good IFE, reliability and safety. Great and well-priced stop-over program which has a lot to offer. Negatives: Though seat pitch of 32 in is not bad, the seats on the A380 are not very comfortable, sleeping is quite difficult. For the price you pay for SIA they could have gone easily for 33-34 inches. The cabin is wide and silent, the windows are a bit far from the seat. The food is nice, though i ate better food on Qatar for example. The 777-200 are a bit old and worn out, not up to date. Though SIA is one of the best airlines I've flown with, I don't think they offer the best Economy experience, there are better products on the markets like Qatar, Asiana or Garuda or Malaysia Airlines.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Hamilton Warren    (Australia)

MEL-SIN-HKG and return flew out on 7 Sep 12.05 a.m. on a 777/300 - older plane but service good, arr SIN 6.30.am connected to HKG - this flight also good. Return HKG-SIN-MEL both legs on A380 - what a plane, service seemed better than the outward leg. Could not fault cabin crew - all flights full. All in all will definitely fly with SQ again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by T Harland    (UK)

The overnight Airbus A380 flight from Singapore to London Heathrow on Saturday October 4th was one of the best flights we have experienced. The seats were comfortable, the leg room was adequate and the meals or snacks were very good. Best of all was the frequency with which drinks were brought round so that the demand from passengers using the call button was minimal ensuring very little disturbance for the 13 hour night flight. The 11.30 pm departure and 6.30 am arrival helps get over the jet lag provided one can sleep during the flight.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Richard Johnson    (USA)

From Frankfurt, Germany to JFK. A380 had a great flight, was 30 mins late but the flight experience was great. Seats were comfortable and inflight service was good. I would recommend this airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by P Mandarino    (Singapore)

I have recently flown HKG-SIN-HKG on B777-200, economy. Singapore airlines not only did not meet the expectations but were also below the average level of other airlines. The plane was old. The seats were old and the in-flight entertainment system was outdated. The selection of movies was very limited. The food served on board was basic. The meals were served long after take off forcing you to be awake for the most part of the flight and fall asleep just when it is time to land. Never again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Angela Cockburn    (Australia)

We took four long haul flights with Singapore Airlines in June and July and were frankly disappointed. On one flight they shut down the cabin for sleep at 3.30 on a bright sunny afternoon, and insisted the window shade be drawn, when I would have liked to see out. After that cabin staff disappeared and only offered water twice in the next six hours or so. On two very long flights only one meal and a snack was offered, and once it took three quarters of an hour to get a second drink after meal service was over and the aisle was clear. On one flight the air con was set on an extremely high temperature, most unpleasant. We paid extra to fly with them, on the basis of their reputation for service, which was poor. Meal service was slow, and the choices of food ran out on two flights. In contrast a one hour flight with a regional airline managed to serve a full meal and two drinks between Manchester and Heathrow, so it can be done!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Wilde Margaret    (New Zealand)

I boarded the Airbus flying from London to Singapore on 18 September, it was two hours late, owing to technical difficulties. Sometimes these things happen. However, I was sitting in seat 41c. From the start the air conditioning was frightful. A freezing cold breeze blew around all of the passengers near the back of the cabin while the passengers towards the front complained that it was too hot. Also the stench from the toilets was unbearable and seemed to be wafted out of the toilets at regular intervals during the trip. I did not experience this on any of the aircraft's I flew with both to Amsterdam six weeks previously or on the flight home from Singapore to New Zealand. Although spoken to, the staff were unwilling to acknowledge that there was something wrong. On the Singapore to NZ part of the trip I also tried to charge my Air iPad but it would not charge on any of the seats near where I was sitting. The steward said there had been difficulties with Apple products. Potential customers need to know this as it could be important to work during a long haul trip. I had been relatively pleased with Singapore Airlines but my experience on the Airbus has left me wandering if I would fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by N Kumar    (Australia)

SQ 224 and SQ 401, 4-5th Sep. Best service. Flew MEL-SIN-DEL, A380, super efficient service. Got upper deck which had ample space. Overall a great trip.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by L Ayasse    (USA)

NYC to Frankfurt to Singapore. SQ25, 8/23. Singapore to Heathrow to Boston. SQ308, 8/30. We were very impressed with Singapore Airlines service from beginning to end. The food/beverage service was unlike any we have ever had on an airplane. The flight crew was more attentive than I have experienced at an elegant restaurant! The access to and variety of entertainment (movies and music) exceeded our expectations. The "little extras" (such as hot towels at the beginning and end of each flight, socks, and toothbrushes) were a pleasant and welcome surprise. Overall, Singapore Airlines made a grueling 24hr flight much more tolerable! The only criticisms I would offer are the poor leg room (particularly in the middle section), and the location of the security check-in prevented the use of restrooms, restaurants, and shopping after going through security. We usually check in early enough to ensure there is ample time to handle any issues that could arise, and then we use the restrooms/eat/fill water bottles/shop/etc after we are all set for the flight.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Zeng Yixie    (China)

Sep 5th and Sep 9th, PVG-SIN return trip. A380-800 on all legs. I have travelled with Singapore Airlines several times. I think they are on a downward slope. Both trips were on an A380-800(9V-SKK), the inflight entertainment was a little bit old and wasn't a touch screen. The seat pitch is little bit narrow and I'm 175cm. Next, SIA have kept a lot of traditions such as the hot towel service, menu distributed to all classes of passengers etc. Catering quality in SIA is still high, food was freshly prepared, beverages were plentiful, wines and cocktails are never out of stock. Most of the cabin crews provide service with a smile. Overall, a nice trip and good experience.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

The Amsterdam flight is on the retrofitted 777-200ER which is excellent, except for the business class IFE, which is still the old version. It seems that SQ has decided not to upgrade the IFE on this retrofit thus the movie selection is not as grand, the user interface is old and the pix quality of the screen is lower. I have always loved the SQ biz class seat for I find it a good balance between privacy and comfort. The meals were superb as was the service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Morgan Ianto    (UK)

I flew Singapore Airlines 777-300ER - on 21st August - Manchester Airport to Singapore on SQ327 then Singapore to Sydney on SQ 211 and I can only praise all the cabin crew working on all the sectors for their professionalism, politeness, attentiveness when assisting passengers and serving meals, drinks and snacks. The food served, was of great quality, tasty and hot, and throughout the long sectors the cabin staff were constantly serving beverages and snacks. Inflight entertainment had newly released films.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Brian Adam Pratama    (Indonesia)

Flown with SQ from CGK-SIN-CDG last December in their B777-200 and A380-800 respectively. Easy breezy departing flight from CGK-SIN, check-in was quick and professional (apart from CGK airport condition with their on-going development). Arrived in SIN, surprised with a 20$ gift voucher to spend in Changi (SQ flights only). The next flight from SIN-CDG on 'THE' A380 (appropriately decorated with some mistletoe) was nothing but sheer pleasure. Although their seats are rock-hard, the legroom is all that I could ask from a cattle class (I am 184cm tall, that is a smidge over 6 feet). The IFE was good, even though it is a little bit outdated, it was still decent. The food? Inappropriately good! You should try the infamous Singapore Sling, too! The service was well-mannered, well- presented and well-trained cabin crews. The same goes with the return leg.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by K Cai    (Australia)

Flew MEL-SIN-FRA and Munich-SIN-MEL in Aug 2013. Excellent staffing, food and IFE system. 1st flight automatic upgrade to bulkhead seat, which had so much room! Dream flight. 2nd flight got put on last row windows seat. Nightmarish as so limited room! Plane on 2nd flights both times had severe turbulence, to extent the food- servicing was suspended. Plane was old, had leaking liquid from a baggage door! Nevertheless given amenity pack and offered plenty of drinks etc. Very good experience, especially when I got to Changi airport.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Jezrel Sabaduquia    (USA)

I have flown with them for quite some time now, and while, their service is usually robotic, impersonal and lacking warmth, flying with other airlines makes you appreciate how Singapore just does it right. Recently flew from MNL-SIN-DEL. MNL-SIN on a fully loaded B777, the aircraft is up for retirement but it is spotlessly clean and well maintained. The IFE was ancient but for such a short flight, I did not mind it. Food was decent and cabin crew were as efficient and reliable as one should expect from SQ. Had a 6 hour layover in Changi, which is without a doubt, SQ's best asset. It's an airport beyond compare and would not mind a longer layover. Flight to DEL on the A380 with less than 100 passengers. Cabin crew were very laid back and allowed passengers to move about the cabin. The seats were extremely comfortable and food was excellent. Service calls were answered in record time, and while, one of the flight attendants was a tad cold, one of the lead flight attendants embodied professionalism and warmth which made up for it. IFE kept malfunctioning and the movie kept pausing every 30 seconds or so, which was annoying. Besides that one minor issue, I would fly SQ again. They are extremely reliable, their hard product is among the best, and while their service is inconsistent when it comes to friendliness, their efficiency is one of the best out there.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Rose    (Canada)

SQ975, BKK-SIN, A330, J - I was looking forward to my first flight with Singapore in what some consider the best business class in the sky. The seats on A330 were spacious and comfortable, but the table surface is slippery and your meal tray will slide off if you don't hold onto it. This can be prevented by the use of a tablecloth as found in other airlines' business class. The previous passenger's socks were still in the footwell, so cabin grooming could use some work. The meal was good, but drinks service was infrequent. All in all, this experience was comparable to a domestic business class on a US carrier - certainly far short of the Singapore Airlines I was expecting.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Rose    (Canada)

SQ978, SIN-DPS, B772, J. This was the second leg of the journey from BKK to DPS, and despite the outdated regional J seats on this aircraft type, it was far more enjoyable than the previous leg. The crew were friendly and professional and the service was very nicely done. We were called by name throughout the flight, and rarely did a glass get below half full. Overall, quite satisfactory.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Y Lau    (Canada)

Flew with Singapore Airlines for the first time from HKG-SIN and back. What a contrast from the airlines in North America. The staff were incredibly attentive, the food was good and the seats were comfortable. This was in the A380 on the upper deck.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by A Abbado    (Italy)

SQ947 and SQ378, Aug 19, 2014. DPS-SIN and SIN-MXP. Nice flights, attendants were perfect, meal ok, too many uninteresting movies.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by C Gilbert    (New Zealand)

6 flights in July. Auckland - Singapore, SGN-BKK, Da Nang - SGN. SGN - Cebu. Cebu - SGN, and SGN-AKL. All were full. At least 3 were late to varying degrees. On at least one occasion I suspect the delay was not due to congestion at Da Nang for goodness sake but due to late arrival. Only the first flight seemed a bit superior. That seemed to me to be small differences eg - a decent filled roll as a snack but mainly the staff worked hard all the time and seemed to have a service ethic. The food well - Take the coffee cup, the wine glass, the tub of water and the roll off the tray and really you are not left with much. Surprisingly the food on the SIN - BKK flight at 1600 hours was much the same as on a long flight. However usually it was a dry entree or a few small pieces of fruit plus in effect a snack box sized meal. The Cebu - SGN flight arriving at around 2030 about 1.5 hours late offered a snack box with 3 small cubes of chicken and a cm deep flavoured rice and perhaps a piece of broccoli - most children eat more. Spirits were not offered on the longer flights although they were available out of view, nor wine top ups. A beer amounted to perhaps 80 mls that is 4 pours to the can. A little generosity goes a long way as does the impression of parsimony. Overall much the same as other airlines. The best food was on a Vietnam Air 1.25 hour flight where they managed to serve and clear a good meal. Although Singapore seemed to cope with routine, any variation seemed to cause problems. One confirmed flight was rescheduled and a second rescheduled to another with a stopover making it two hours longer. Both were weeks in advance. I don't believe either flight was in fact rescheduled rather I was bumped. In the latter case although I was notified of a rescheduling it was much later that I noticed it was in fact a route change. On the return flight, which had been altered some months before, I had paid for a preferred seat. This was confirmed that I had the same seat. However in fact on the day I was given a non-preferred seat in the centre. This was drawn to the cabin crews’attention and they informed me they would and did inform the appropriate department as if that helped me at the time. Three weeks later no response. A refund would not even compensate for the relative discomfort. Had that seat not been available I would have taken the day flight on the un-refurbished plane they left us with for a year until they introduce a new plane.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Margaret Lai    (Singapore)

Flew from Osaka to SIN. No bottled water provided. Requested the Japanese breakfast and the meal came without the fish. Anyway, shared the fish with my daughter who ordered the same meal and it was very salty. Requested warm water twice and the crew earnestly promised but never delivered. Upon landing, while the aircraft was still cruising, we could hear the crew arguing loudly among themselves as we occupied the last few row of seats - very unprofessional.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by P Gennai    (Singapore)

Hong Kong to Singapore. I have travelled on Singapore Airlines B777-200 on the last segment of my trip. The aircraft was old, the inflight entertainment system is poor and the seat is also old. I was quite surprised to see that Singapore Airlines is still flying with this old thing. Food was just acceptable but nothing special. The meal service (dinner) was very late. This keeps you awake for most of the flight waiting for the dinner and just fall to sleep a few minutes before arrival.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Karamdeep Singh Satwant Singh    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore on A380, SQ232 and Singapore to KL on SQ118. The SQ232 flight was outstanding. Very efficient crew with turnaround time for bell call being less than a minute. It was a rather smooth ride, food excellent and good entertainment selection. SQ118 was a short flight of 45 minutes but again crew was excellent and proved why its still one of the best.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

The service on this short (less than 2 hour) flight, and the delicious meal, is what made the SQ flight experience outstanding. For the old 777-200 with the very old business class is certainly nothing to brag about.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Brian Smith    (Spain)

Flew outward BCN-SIN via Milan, as part of a MAD-KUL journey. For reasons we still can't understand, at check-in in at MAD, Air Europa checked our bags through to SIN only, and couldn't issue boarding passes beyond BCN. We had to check in again at BCN, which proved a blessing in disguise as SIA impressed us by, unprompted, noting that our bags weren't checked through to KL and organising that for us. Flight was on time and reasonably comfortable (on 777), crew handled some noisy adjacent passengers well, by taking time to circle the cabin rather than going to them directly with our complaint. Food was OK; although obviously partly serviced from Milan, with some uninspiring Italian products. Drinks came with good frequency, although self-service option overnight, especially for water, might be better. Back SIN-LHR on A380. Again check-in staff did well, readily changing our seat allocation to what we preferred. Flight delayed, mostly by re-routing, 75 minutes, causing some stress over connections in London - no information offered on those at all. Service OK, with choice of three meals (against only two outbound). Breakfast could do with better bakery selection, but hot choices both OK. Strange that, despite the one hour delay, it was offered a good 2.5 hours before arrival (ie 3.30 in the morning, London time), and in a vary patchy fashion with different parts of the cabin served seemingly at random. IFE worked OK on both flights, lots of channels, although not everything on them appears on the menus which is confusing. Wifi offered on A380, but pay as you go, so no experience of that. In all, entirely satisfactory product, but not outstanding or memorable, although customer care at check-in was well beyond usual experience.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by M Cochrane    (Australia)

Gold Frequent Flyer with Singapore Airlines for last seven years. Regularly upgrade to business class. Singapore's new planes are, for the most part, very good. There is, however, an increasing indifference to FF status in economy. The last three economy trips, Singapore sales staff on allocating seating have assured me that "no aisle seats further forward are available". When checking online, however, there have been several - it's just that the aisle seats have been beside other vacant seats.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Roberto Ligot    (Saudi Arabia)

RUH-SIN-MNL-SIN-RUH in economy. One thing I can say about this airline - excellent landings. I will miss this airline when it removes the Riyadh route in September or October 2014. Clean, inflight food and entertainment is excellent.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Charanjit Malli    (Australia)

Flew from Perth to London and back, great service, flight and plenty of food. Travelled by the A380, 777, A330 with ample leg room for someone tall. Food was very good for a vegetarian. Best long haul flight.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Alan Tang    (Indonesia)

SQ 323, AMS-SIN with B777-200ER, I had been aware that this is a retrofitted aircraft but surprisingly the aircraft was very well maintained. The seats are very comfortable in economy class, the legroom is pretty spacious for me. The lunch service with three options which I have not personally had before and both quantity and quality of meals are at the top level of service. The most important thing about the sector should be the cabin crew, they were very attentive. Overall, I have been very pleased with the quality given by Singapore Airlines and recommend the airline for long haul flights.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Nagarkar Ameya    (Australia)

SQ246, July 7th, BNE-SIN. SQ422, 8th July, BNE-BOM. SQ421, 17th July, BOM-SIN. SQ255, 18th July, SIN-BNE. I have been flying with SQ for the last 5 years. They have excellent service, staff and crew members and a great on-time performance record! Some aircraft's are a bit old (example: Boeing 777-200ER that flies between SYD and BOM). The screen resolution and quality is quite poor on this aircraft, but the crew members are friendly and great to talk to if you don't want to watch movies/TV.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by S Paice    (UK)

LHR-SIN-LHR. Outbound leg on the older 777, but the seat was comfortable enough. IFE was also the older system but worked well and the headphones were excellent (after a broken pair was replaced). Crew generally good and attentive, although some far better than others and the service was a bit abrupt at times with items being almost snatched away. Inbound flight left SIN at 1.30am, dinner served about an hour into the flight then lights out. Used the 'book the cook' service, outbound monkfish as excellent, return curry a bit hotter than I was expecting but good quality.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Smith Dean    (Australia)

Flew business class from SIN-MEL overnight on a 777. Very disappointed in the shabby, scuffed and old cabin. The seats were narrow (compared to 777-300ER and A380) and did not lie fully flat (this should be standard for a premium airline). I had some emails to send and found that there was no wifi available (again this is offered on their 777-300ER and A380). I wouldn't mind if there was a discount for this plane model, but for Singapore Airlines high prices passengers deserve better.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.