Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Singapore Airlines
4.5 Star Rating: Excellent

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by L Harper    (UK)

SQ 321-31/3/14, SQ 297- 1/4/14, SQ 298 - 17/4/14, SQ 308 - 18/4/14. Just returned from a trip to New Zealand and was very impressed with the level of service and efficiency. I would have no hesitation in travelling with Singapore Airline again or in recommending them to others.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by T Kimberley    (UK)

Flight 305, 1/3/14. I have flown with them before but quite few years ago so assumed they would of gone downhill like so many airlines but what a pleasant surprise nothing had changed! Great service from the cabin crew, comfortable seating, really nice food and best of all a brilliant IFE system. I have flown with Cathay Pacific and Malaysian a lot and they are good but no where near the same class as Singapore.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by J Choi    (Hong Kong)

This is my second time travelling with SQ. This time, it was HKG-LHR with a transit in Singapore (SQ856 and SQ306). The trip was excellent in all respects, especially the catering and the seat, which has footrests unlike CX (which I found to be much needed on 13 hour flights). However, the transit in Changi was confusing, as it is against convention in the way that arrivals and departures are in the same area, and I was trying to find somewhere to go through immigration again, which turns out to be at the gate itself. Also, the A380's on both trips had a good variety in their IFE, despite not being touch screen, because the remote controller was not always responsive. I loved the rear economy section on the upper deck of the A380, it was cosy and small, meaning less noise and less people knocking against you when you are trying to go to the galley or bathroom. The purser was great, trying desperately to look for the other meal option from the downstairs cabin after it ran out on the upper deck. In a nutshell, a well deserved 5 star airline and something that is a class above Emirates.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by C Chun    (Thailand)

Just completed a return trip BKK-IST in biz class on 777-200 retro fitted. What a great way to fly! Service was excellent, got addressed by name on all 4 sectors and food was generally high standard overall. We tried the 'Book the Cook' Service and ordered their famous Lobster Thermidor. It was very good. The waffles unfortunately were terrible. The seat itself is very wide and not too bad for sleeping if you sleep diagonally. It was my first time in the seats and I didn't realise that the seat back didn't go back flat the full width of the seat. Perhaps the only disappointing thing would be the KrisWorld Entertainment System - it wasn't as extensive in selection of movies as say Cathay Pacific. The lounges were very good especially the Turkish Airlines one in Istanbul - incredible!!! This was a FF Points trip -if only we could afford to fly like this all the time.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by V Cardinale    (Australia)

I travelled using Singapore Airlines on the weekend returning from Phuket and I must say I am nothing but impressed. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the plane itself was comfortable having ample room to stretch out (with two children that can be a bit hard). The flight was smooth and comfortable. I would highly recommend using them I have used them previously and have always been happy with their service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2014 by L Darius    (Singapore)

Flew from Melbourne to Singapore on a Boeing 777-300ER. Entertainment options available were aplenty. Excellent service from the cabin crew. Who knew this tiny little country could produce one of the world's best airlines. Can't wait to fly with them again soon!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by S Hanvey    (UK)

Manchester UK - Munich - Singapore - Brisbane and same for return. Very friendly crew, very welcoming and helpful. Hot towels before take off, nice food and a good range of snacks available at any time. Good range of TV programmes and films that keep you entertained. Blankets, socks and headphones provided on each flight. Seats not particularly big with only slightly more leg room than a short haul flight, but still fairly comfortable. Always on time, with no problems/delays. Overall, a great airline with a great service! Would definitely recommend.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by K Piddick    (Australia)

SYD-SIN-BKK return. SQ232 and 231 on A380 and SIN/BKK sectors on A330. Having flown with the rest, I have now again, flown with the best. Return flight SIN to SYD not full - was seated upstairs and upon request was granted exit row seats without fuss. Everything about these flights was near perfect and yet the fares paid were no different from the other airlines. Most pleasant, relaxing flights with nothing more needing reporting. Definitely, a cut above the rest.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by H Thordarson    (New Zealand)

BKK-SIN, 25th March. After having to endure a flight from Copenhagen to Bangkok with SAS Scandinavian Airlines, the Singapore flight was like ascending from hell to heaven. The contrast could not have been greater. Wonderful service, great food and excellent entertainment. Singapore Airlines really care about their customers and it shows. Definitely worth every penny and highly recommended.

SIN-AKL, 28th March. Very nice smooth flight. A printed menu, good food, a great entertainment system. The 777 is not the most spacious aircraft, but never mind, at least Singapore Airlines have the brains to stick to a 3x3x3 seating arrangement and do not push it to 3x4x3 like some others, such as Air New Zealand do. (In my opinion there should be some international law that forbids this practice because the cramped isle compromises safety.) The service and entertainment made up for the lack of space so I would still rate it as a 5 star experience.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Wilson See    (Singapore)

SIN-DXB-SIN. Both were on the B777-300ER series. Adequate legroom, and good IFE to keep me entertained throughout the flight. As usual, the service was up to standard, professional and efficient, but Singapore Airlines service tends to lag the warmth and personable service despite being efficient and professional. That being said, a worthwhile flight on both leg under Singapore Airlines and I will recommend to choose Singapore Airline compared to Emirates for this route.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by P Tanner    (UK)

LHR-SIN-SYD and return. A380 for the first and third legs, B777 for the second and fourth. Booked early enough to get the upstairs economy cabin for the A380 flights, seats in rows of two with a storage bin on the window side. Only quibble, which is trivial, is that the library of movies and audio books wasn't that great. Helpful cabin crew rebooted non-functioning IFE very promptly on one leg. Fruit option for meals excellent. Hot towels and regular juice/water supplies much appreciated and the service across the board could not be faulted - the crews seem highly efficient anyway but it helps that there are enough staff for them not to get irritable through needing to work at breakneck pace. We've done this journey with Qantas when they flew Heathrow-Sydney Singapore but switched because a Dubai-Sydney leg is just too long. T3 at Changi is an oasis of calm compared to Dubai and if you book flights with a medium layover you can be asleep in the airside transit hotel minutes after landing. A definite choice of airline and route when we next make the trip.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by M Nisa    (Singapore)

SQ942 from Singapore to Denpasar: service was friendly, food was good - had no problems with the flight. SQ943 from Denpasar to Singapore: service was cold, they had only one meal option left by the time they got to me (thankfully it tasted good). Wondering if SQ has done away with the kids' activity packs because my kids were not given any and I had to ask for the kid-sized headphones for them on both legs.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Hilary Simm    (UK)

We recently travelled business class return to Auckland via Singapore. We used both the 777, and airbus 380. What an experience! A lovely huge flat bed, an excellent choice of food and wines, and amazing service. How they managed to provide such excellent food 32,000 feet up was mind boggling! The stewards and stewardesses, were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. They may charge more than some other airlines, but they are well worth the money. They will always be my airline of choice!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Lopez Roberto    (Costa Rica)

The best business class I've experienced. JFK to FRA on an A380. Luxury product with Givenchy amenities: blanket, pillows, table linens, cutlery, tableware, etc. Food of very good quality, ordered one of the "Book the Chef" options, impressive beverage selection, with a large list of cocktails as a plus! The crew is the key here, simply one of the best in-flight experiences ever! They know their product and how to enhance it! Always adressed me with my last name, and always with a genuine smile.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Sasun Vartanyan    (USA)

Anticipating a good experience on this well reputed airline, I was not at all disappointed. Flying A380, on LAX- NRT-SIN route, the service was consistently good, attentive, several menu items, and literary numerous (more than 400 movies alone) entertainment options; the only discomfort was the temperature, somehow SQ insisted on keeping the cabin quite cold. But overall, great service and experience.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by R Cartry    (UK)

I've been travelling with SA for many years, each year a trip from UK to Australia via Singapore, some years 2 trips. In addition I've travelled with them from UK to Indonesia via Singapore many times. I think I've been to Singapore around 90 or so times. I've seen terminal 1,2,3, all built and improve their great standards. I have huge admiration for Singapore. But in recent years I feel S Airlines has cut and cut its standards. Sadly, they seem to be steadily slipping down in standards as they expand. It used to be easy to contact SA and change bookings, add trips etc. But now it's a major hassle to get into contact. The food (I travel economy class) is truly awful. It used to be OK. I don't eat a great deal or care a great deal about food, but the stuff served up is inedible! I saw many meals barely touched. The cabin staff are pleasant as always but it's definitely harder for them. The planes were pretty much on time (as usual). On my last trip the particular check-in staff at Sydney were great (our bags were mistagged and they sorted it out well) and I think it reflects their character: I'm sure these people are always good. The ground ticketing staff in Singapore were rather incompetent. I wanted a business class side trip to Indonesia. It took about 4 staff to look into it for half an hour and they said none were available. I went economy anyway and found every seat in business class empty. (I look respectable, honestly!).

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by D Fell    (UK)

I've just come back from a UK - Perth return trip. I first used them two years ago when I went UK - Auckland return and at that time I could not fault them in anyway, this time my experience was different. The food was awful, I'm not a person that's fussy about food but every meal was awful. The staff as always were great but you have to ask for everything now that's not standard such as a beer! Don't get me wrong they will get you one but you have to ask, before they would ask you. The pillows were dirty, god knows with what but you wouldn't put your head on one. I cant put my finger on it but the planes all four were tired. Maybe just a case that they are cutting back the same as everyone else but to me there's no excuse for such poor meals. 3 of us travelled and all of us thought the same.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by T Chia    (Singapore)

SQ919, MNL-SIN, 18/3/2014. Trip was on a refitted B777-200ER, registration 9V-SVJ. Actual time inflight was 3hrs 5mins or so. Took off earlier than schedule which was great. Service was good as usual. Crew seem tired since I didn't see any crew change taking place. Drinks service was basic and I still prefer a full drinks cart being pushed out rather than a tray of juices, water, beer and white wine. Food was great. Had a choice between pork with BBQ flavoured rice and chicken with pasta. I had the pork while my companion had the chicken. My pork dish was excellent with tender pork cubes and vegetables were done right. The rice was a little dry, maybe due to overheating. Dessert was bad, tasted nothing like mango cream cake. My companion said the chicken tasted good, though portions are minuscule. Other than that, I asked for 3 cocktails and all of which were honoured. Cabin crew on this leg didn't smile as much, understandable due to exhaustion. IFE is a little dated since they used the old IFE but with bigger screens, fortunately still AVOD. Seats pretty wide and legroom was standard 32 inches. Aisle seats are bad as they had an IFE box below. The flight was full. I tried asking for souvenirs and was given postcards and playing cards, with a smile this time. In conclusion, this trip is value for money and good service like always from SQ.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Booth Bev    (New Zealand)

Flew Brisbane to Singapore on 14th March sitting in row 57. The service was first class, the flight supervisor remembering details of passengers and while remaining professional communicated with a sense of humour and friendliness. The food was as good as any restaurant with good size portions. Inflight entertainment was first class, plenty of choice for everyone to keep occupied.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by T Chia    (Singapore)

SQ912, SIN-MNL, 13/3/2014. Trip was on a refitted B777-200ER, registration 9V-SVG. Actual time inflight was 3hrs 5mins. There was a delay in moving off but captain kept passengers well informed. Service was fantastic as usual, better than on the return leg since crew were still fresh from rest. Drinks service was basic and I still prefer a full drinks cart being pushed out rather than a tray of juices, water, beer and white wine. Food was so-so. Had a choice between braised beef with fried rice and fish with potatoes. I had fish while my companion had the beef. My fish dish was disappointing with not much taste to the fish. Vegetables tasted fine. Starter was a bit on the dry side. Dessert was heavenly. My companion said the beef tasted good. Other than that, I asked for 3 cocktails and all of which were honoured with a smile. They didn't seem to think of this as a chore. Cabin crew were helpful and joked with some passengers. IFE is a little dated since they used the old IFE but with bigger screens. Seats pretty wide and legroom was standard. Aisle seats are bad as they had an IFE box below. Fortunately the flight was only 70% full and I switched to the 2nd seat. In conclusion, this trip is value for money and good service like always from SQ.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Jill Whitehead    (UK)

We have just returned from Asia and this was the first time we had flown with Singapore airlines. Having contacted their customer services before our flight I have to say the service was excellent. We travelled on a A380 airbus and we sat upstairs. Comfort, leg room, food and service during our flight were better than we have experienced with any other airline. We travelled to Bangkok via Singapore and our return was from Hanoi via Singapore. We sat in 78ac and 72 ac on our return. The service was excellent. Our luggage was transferred to our final destination. All staff on the flight were kind, helpful and made the journey a pleasure. Well done Singapore Airlines we would definitely fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Van Hiep Hoang    (Vietnam)

SQ175, HAN-SIN on March 9 2014, seat 16D, Airbus A330 300. Pros: nice food and wine, very good entertainment and service. Cons: although seat is indicated full flat, it is not possible for aircraft designed for short distance. Relatively low choice of magazines, no menu for food, they only show it to you very briefly. Very small overhead locker, even my specially designed cabin luggage would not fit into any locker of the ATR 72. Slightly chaotic situation if you change seats at check-in.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2014 by D Thomas    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Sydney via Munich and Singapore and then same route on return. I had heard positive things about Singapore Airlines, but to be honest I was quite disappointed. The service was better than rival airlines but was not fantastic. At least they did offer drinks at frequent intervals. The seats were uncomfortable and the cabin temperature was cold. On the outgoing Singapore/Sydney sector it was really far too cold. The food was absolutely awful. I ordered a vegetarian meal and, except for the meal out of Sydney, it was virtually inedible. If you have a nut allergy don't fly with this airline as packets of nuts are given out freely. I'm not sure if I would fly with SA again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Peter Borschberg    (Singapore)

Outbound and return flight from Singapore to Taipei in economy class. Flights were seriously delayed both ways without giving passengers due prior notification. On the outbound leg in Singapore we sat in the plane for about 2 hours before we could take off. On-board service was so-so, and the food was virtually inedible. No wonder everyone seemed to have ordered a special meal.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by K Wright    (UK)

A380, LHR to SIN ok, seats less comfortable than original seating plan. Inflight entertainment faulty but viewable. Boeing 777-200 to Christchurch on tired and dated planes. Terrible seats and 17 inch. Return journey no inflight entertainment for >40 seats from take off. After 9 hours rebooted system as IFE had now gone down in business also. Poor that it was now clear the problem could have been solved sooner if they were at all bothered. Terrible customer service. Boeing 777-300 new touch screens but the plane noise is so loud almost impossible to hear the movies when sat just behind wing. No snacks offered during 13 hour flight. Not recommended.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by M Benedicte    (Singapore)

Singapore to Zurich on A380 - overall good. Good selection of food option, flight had some turbulence. Frankfurt to Singapore on A380. Again good selection of food options and flight had no turbulence.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Blanka Vancurova    (UK)

LHR-SIN - return. Another great flight with Singapore Airlines on A380. The crew were all friendly and served drinks throughout the flight. My vegetarian special meals were tasty - one of the best I have had. Good choice of programs on TV.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by E Santoso    (Indonesia)

Economy Class from Surabaya to Singapore on Feb 23. SQ operates A330 on this route. Seating arrangement is 2x4x2. We were given the middle section (4 seats) as we traveled with one child and one infant. The seats were comfortable enough with generous leg room. Food was not as tasty as Silk Air and only one option left at that time when the FA served me. Very disappointing! All in all, still unhappy with the SIA in-flight services, I personally think the services are going downhill.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by O Castro    (UK)

Flew from LHR-SIN on 18th Feb 2014, the majority of the crews on flight were outstanding except for one male crew who was a bit rude when I asked for a cup of noodles, the initial response was that they didn't have anymore stock and breakfast would be served soon. Apart from this I was still satisfied with the staff service, food and inflight entertainment.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by T Sellicks    (UK)

LHR to SIN on 15th Feb returning on 26th, both legs on 777-200ER. Both legs with window seats. Staff and service excellent, food (Asian option), choices, excellent and delicious. Plentiful water, juice and hot drinks between meals as well as light bites. Hot towels before each meal. IFE selection gargantuan, with superb, easy to use handset. Seats outbound far more comfortable than on the return sector. For service and inflight experiences, one of the nicest I have enjoyed, definitely the carrier of choice to South East Asia and Changi airport is a thing of beauty.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax