Scoot Passenger Reviews and Scoot Customer Trip Reports

Scoot Customer review :  22 April 2013 by V Prashanth    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore. The check-in was quick, and left on time. Cabin crew cheerful and energetic. I did not select anything to eat when I booked the tickets but ordered from foods available on menu inflight. The hot Italian veggie food was tasty and filling - about 8 AUD, which is quite cheap. I found their menu to be reasonably priced. The leg space was sufficient. I observed that leg space of some seats (yellow) for which you need to pay extra was large, especially the first row. When you book online, you have options of paying by credit card or through POLI using your bank account. I chose the second option of going through bank and had to wait for more than 24 hrs for the bank transfer to complete and ticket delivered. I also had to do few follow-ups with their customer centre. If people are travelling within the next 2 or 3 days of booking, I suggest to use credit-card which should result in a ticket immediately. Overall very satisfied with my first experience with Scoot and happy that I saved about $A350 for my one- way trip to Singapore by booking Scoot.

Scoot Customer review :  19 April 2013 by C Leis    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore last August. Sydney ground staff were really good, except for one. The seats were like concrete after a few hours. Taking the Kindle was a great idea. No inflight entertainment except at added expense. The food that passengers ordered at extra cost looked quite palatable. Cabin staff were really nice. Seats are a bit narrow. Leg room is constricted. Take a snack from the post customs food shops to get you to Singapore. If traveling on from Singapore, allow time for possible delays. Changi Airport is user friendly. Free internet. Bus tours of the city. Movie areas for the kids. All of the International fast food outlets.

Scoot Customer review :  17 April 2013 by J Collin    (Australia)

We flew Scoot from the Gold Coast in early April and the experience left me feeling pretty flat. Serious delays on all 3 sectors. This airline seems to be regularly running late. The ticket price may be cheap but the delays make the airline poor value for money.

Scoot Customer review :  15 April 2013 by M Huntly    (Australia)

Traveled on March 25 Sydney to Singapore and have no complaints with our flight at all. Flight left about 10 mins early and arrived into SIN on time. Booked the extra leg room seats up front and the additional cost was worth it. Airline food is airline food when sitting in economy with any airline, not to flash.

Scoot Customer review :  3 April 2013 by A Karmela    (Australia)

Flight from Sydney to Singapore on Feb 21, 2013 was 10 hours delayed, no text message nor email prior to this and no offer of apology or any meal vouchers. Upon boarding passengers notice a lot of empty yellow seats in the middle whilst everyone was cramped seated right at the back, then asked the crew to transfer to which they replied "you have to pay extra A$68". After all the taxes and their add ons fees this airline is not cheap. We missed our connecting flights, hotel pick up and a night accommodation with no apology. Never again.

Scoot Customer review :  26 March 2013 by John A Sagnol    (Australia)

Flew to Singapore with our 3 kids, the flight over was quite pleasant, we paid extra for yellow seats with more room which made a lot of difference. The business class seats were available for a $100 upgrade which came with free lease of ipads. Stewardesses were very polite although a little difficult to understand. Meals were pretty good. Flight home was late at night - a little cramped with 2 adults and 3 kids on 4 seats while everyone else had 3 seats to themselves to spread out and sleep. A lot of people whinge about this kind of airline but you get what you pay for! We got value for money and would not hesitate to fly with them again!

Scoot Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Stephen Sim Chee Kiang    (Singapore)

ScootBiz

Travel from SIN-Qingdao on a Boeing 777. Booked ScootBiz seat and it was more like Economy Plus. Ground crew was slow in checking-in, it was a near full flight of over 300 passengers and took almost an hour to clear everyone. Allowing 15kgs cabin baggage is a grave mistake as most passengers on this flight brought in at least 2 pieces of baggage each making the clearance extra slow at the screening area. Those who board plane later had no space left for their baggage. Aircrew was not well trained, the worst I've encountered in a budget airline. I could hardly understand the announcement in English with a heavy Japanese accent. Announcement in Mandarin was also below standard.

Scoot Customer review :  20 March 2013 by Shobnom Zerin    (Singapore)

My husband and I travelled to Sydney from Singapore on 9th March 2013 and returned from Sydney to Singapore at 16th March 2013. My expectation was pretty limited. We took a neck pillow and warm clothes to overcome the seat discomfort and temperature issue. We didn't hear any annoying call bells (accidentally pressed) either. Cabin crew were good as well. One disappointment might be the food which was not the dish we selected while buying tickets and also it would be too spicy for some people. Overall journey took 40 minutes more than the scheduled time. When coming back to Singapore the flight was delayed 35 minutes. We were fortunate enough to have no luggage issues.

Scoot Customer review :  18 March 2013 by C Ivanusic    (Australia)

Flew Scoot from Gold Coast, flight on time but the horrible weather on the Gold Coast was lucky to leave on time. Had Scoot through for our onward flight to Bangkok but the transfer lounge was so far away and the queue took too long that it would have been just as quick to go through Immigration and rebook in. Flight to Bangkok was good and on time. We flew back to the Gold Coast with Scoot and the night time flight was good with a bit of extra space, not all seats full and I felt comfortable in my seat. Flight was about 20 mins late. So our experience was good and for the money excellent value for a budget airline.

Scoot Customer review :  8 March 2013 by George Santo    (Australia)

Our initial flight from Bangkok to Singapore was delayed 4 hours. This of course is fine and expected with budget airlines. However we had a connecting flight from Singapore. The staff at Bangkok airport told us that it was ok because the connecting flight would wait for us hence we didn't make any arrangements (eg book a hotel or another flight). However when arriving at Singapore at 2am we were told the flight had left and that we would have to wait until 2am the next morning. We were also told that we had to check in 10 hours before our next flight to guarantee a seat. Ground staff explained if we wanted to we could book another flight and receive a full refund for our Singapore to Sydney leg. Many passengers did and did not receive the refund.

Scoot Customer review :  5 March 2013 by C Byrne    (Australia)

We flew from Tokyo to Taipei, Taipei to Singapore and finally Singapore to Sydney. Each flight was terrible with each at least 20mins late. The old re-branded 777 planes are falling apart. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. After flying multiple airlines, Scoot was by far the worst! Never again. 787 or no 787's the new planes wont fix your poor timing and service.

Scoot Customer review :  4 March 2013 by B Blanchette    (Australia)

Recently my wife and seven other members of my family flew from Surfers Paradise to Singapore. The plane was late leaving Australia and on arrival we were to get a connecting flight to Thailand. On arrival and with great difficulty we found out that along 45 other passengers were left stranded in Singapore. We found out this happens quite often. The staff did not want to help us or even discuss the matter. The extra expense burdened on us. Never again will my family travel budget airlines.