Scoot Passenger Reviews and Scoot Customer Trip Reports

Scoot Customer review :  5 October 2012 by N Teng    (Malaysia)

Flew SIN-SYD-SIN in August 2012 with my family (2 adults and 2 children). No complaints and definitely value for money. We did a comparison with their RED competitor for flights on the same sectors on the same days and the difference is mind boggling! Can't say the same thing for the lasagne though, which is probably the worst among the good experience we had! Another annoying thing is that the call button will forever be triggered by someone accidentally, being located at the armrest.

Scoot Customer review :  20 September 2012 by K Hargreaves    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Flew from Singapore to Gold Coast in Scoot Biz. Had flown to Singapore from Brisbane in Premium Economy on Qantas so can make direct comparison. Scoot Biz (SB) was cheaper, but seat size, leg room, meal service and entertainment options were worse if existent. The QF flight had tablet space for 2 drinks between seats, SB had normal seat arm as in economy. Leg rest in SB seemed not worth it, very little space due to pitch, whilst I found meal indelible and nothing before landing or drink on takeoff. Also they made some announcement re streaming then didn't offer IPad. I was ready for sleep anyway. However the info on entertainment choice meant probably wouldn't watch it. In future I would go for Flystretch seats if I used them again after all they actually got to leave aircraft before Seat Biz. Warning in seat power is shared between 2 but use Singapore/UK plugs. Fellow travellers were also low cost travellers.

Scoot Customer review :  30 August 2012 by Chris Barry    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Flew Sydney-Singapore-Sydney in ScootBiz class. Flights were on time, cabin staff were pleasant, leather seat was OK but a bit hard, IFE using an i-pad was OK but had a limited amount of content, food was OK but small portions. While I prefer full service airlines, Scoot is a Low Cost Carrier as such was pretty good value.

Scoot Customer review :  29 August 2012 by L Viskari    (Australia)

I was surprisingly pleased with my OOL-SIN flight. I had spent the extra A$24 on a Super Seat and was very pleased with the legroom and recline angle as well as the comfort of the seat padding etc. The lack of headrests still baffles me though and I would hope they do something about this in the future. The crew seem quite inexperienced and do not show the calm and assertive behaviour that I am used to from most airlines, yet, they are friendly and polite. The scripted announcements with things such as "Scooting off" (instead of taking off) add to this feeling: friendly, attempting to be fun, yet not assertive or what I would consider professional air crew behaviour. The flight was delayed by some 30 minutes. All in all, I would not hesitate to fly with Scoot again.

Scoot Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Thomas Chia    (Singapore)

Boeing 777 but felt more cramped than an Airbus 320 as the 777 carries more passengers. Service call button and light switch is too close to each other and in a position where a 2.5hr flight from SIN-BKK was nothing but a symphony of calls for service. Flew FlyBagEat. Was informed that my online pre-ordered Eat was not available. I declined offer of another meal and asked for a refund. They got me my pre-ordered meal from Biz Class. My Eat was only served to me 10 minutes before the plane started descent into BKK. I had to struggle with the factory sealed microwave meal, it was sealed so tightly I really had to struggle to open it without creating a mess. Good thing I bought a one-way ticket on my inaugural flight with Scoot. My flight back to SIN was on Tiger Airways.

Scoot Customer review :  29 August 2012 by W Loke    (Singapore)

Flew Scoot for the first time and had a very enjoyable experience. The seats are actually very comfortable and already well reclined in its up-right state. I didn't feel the need to recline my seat throughout my SIN- SYD trip. There was sufficient legroom and space under the seats to stretch your legs and ample overhead storage space. I didn't miss the entertainment as I brought my own tablet, as had most people. That said, onboard rental of a fully loaded iPad at $22 seems reasonable to me. While I didn't try all food on offer, I did load up on snacks and I like the flexibility of being able to purchase what I wanted when I wanted. The one issue I have is the positioning of the call button on the armrest that often gets accidentally depressed whenever you shift positions in your seat. I'm not a large person but I seemed to set off the pinging each time I shifted. The downside of course is that the stewards/stewardesses may not be as responsive when you actually want to call them. Overall, I rate Scoot and my first experience with them highly and think that if they can maintain standards which shouldn't be difficult given their SQ pedigree, they will be a success.

Scoot Customer review :  29 August 2012 by Adrian Lim    (Malaysia)

We flew from Singapore to Sydney in August and had a pleasant flight. Save for the delay in landing due to the Sydney control tower, the flight was nice. On the way back from Sydney to Singapore, we had a nice trip too. As it is a 400+ passenger 777-200 plane, the food served was a bit slow but we had a nice breakfast in Sydney, so it was a non issue. There were minor blips like running out of bottled water for sale, overall the food selection was nice. More legroom and better choice of food (compared to AirAsiaX). As a point to note, we flew KUL-SG-Sydney (using FlyScoot) instead of KUL-Sydney by AirAsiaX. We had time to spare and we have no regrets spending time in Changi before going on FlyScoot to Sydney and back. We will do this again in November 2012.

Scoot Customer review :  24 August 2012 by T Azure    (Singapore)

Took a long week end to fly from Singapore to Gold Coast. Because my companion is a big guy, we took one Super Seat and one standard Seat. Both are aisle seats. Turns out there is not much difference. As we departed at 10.30pm, we expected to have a nap within the 7-hour flight. Since the plane adopts a 3-4-3 seating plan, the aisles are extremely narrow. Every time the trolley came by, the flight attendant shoved my arm and woke me up. The passenger next to me was a tall guy, whose elbow kept poking my other arm. Despite this, we may still fly them again and low price is the main reason.

Scoot Customer review :  22 August 2012 by Jim Lewis    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Flew from Gold Coast to Singapore 4 weeks ago business class. Seats were as hard as a rock, the food was shocking and there was supposed to be priority boarding! Never happened. I booked Air Asia Business class for return and they were great. Fully reclining seats and priority boarding. It was worth forfeiting the Scoot return fare.

Scoot Customer review :  20 August 2012 by E Blake    (Australia)

SIN-SYD, August 2012, dep. SIN 2.10am, arr. SYD 11.40am. The most uncomfortable airline seat I've ever experienced - shallow, narrow, no headrest, no lumbar support, small pitch. The food was a very small portion, so do not purchase a ticket that includes food. FLY/BAG are the only tickets to consider, and bring your own food. Call buttons rang constantly throughout the overnight flight, due to their location low on armrests and passengers accidentally activating them when moving in the narrow seats. Never again.

Scoot Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Bob Buys    (Australia)

ScootBiz

We just flew Gold Coast -Singapore - Gold Coast on Scoot Biz and they would have to be the worst seats in the sky. No foot rest, extremely thin and uncomfortable. Scoot have missed a golden opportunity to snatch market share from Air Asia who have flat bed seats in Biz. Feedback from other passengers was identical to ours in that they won't fly them again, unless seating improves dramatically.

Scoot Customer review :  15 August 2012 by Phil Neo    (Singapore)

SIN-BKK-SIN. Easy to see why Scoot is the preferred LCC for this route. Large B777-200 with 31' pitch vs other LCC's A320 with 29' pitch. However on medium haul flight, much prefer Jetstar's A330, which offer same pitch but with head rest and personnel screen on each seats. But will definitely use them again if price is right. Just remember to bring my own pillow as I find the seat hard and uncomfortable without the head rest.

Scoot Customer review :  7 August 2012 by Shane Tarr    (Thailand)

ScootBiz

Flew ScootBiz BKK to SYD with change of plane in SIN as an experiment to see what this airline is like even though I had other options. For budget airlines the seats were actually quite good, food not so bad, but the flight attendants were extremely good. Nuisance to have retrieve luggage in SIN and check-in again but SIN excellent airport so not a problem. Had it been BKK or most other airports I would not agree to fly with an airline where one has to retrieve luggage and check in again on the same airline.

Scoot Customer review :  6 August 2012 by Angus Broad    (Australia)

We flew last week and upgraded to the premium seats with additional legroom. The seats were immediately behind business class with lots of legroom - in front of the wing and therefore quieter. The seats were quite comfortable. The plane had arrived 20 mins late and left 30 mins late - about 15 mins was made up on the flight. The return flight left on time and arrived early. Food was not very exciting airline fare. A welcome change from the usual much more expensive flights.

Scoot Customer review :  2 August 2012 by K Evans    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore. We had seats 21 DEFG which are the bulk head row seats which we found very good. We had plenty of legroom but bear in mind that the armrest are fixed. Seats on the day flight over were fine, coming home on the night flight they were not very comfortable for sleeping, quite tight and don't recline far but didn't expect much. The food was awful, I wouldn't bother pre-purchasing, just bring some snacks. The service was friendly but a little slow. For a LCC I found them really good and for less than half the price really great value. We departed and landed on time, had no real issues with anything, I would use them again but would certainly aim to get the bulk head row again or at least the super seats - normal seats looked really uncomfortable.

Scoot Customer review :  2 August 2012 by Andrew Wright    (Australia)

Very uncomfortable seats, hard, narrow and without proper neck support as you find on Jetstar. Though the pitch is okay, the placement of the seat supports meant that I felt cramped at the window seat. I emerged off my flights feeling stiff and sore. I missed the moving map as there are no cabin screens. Issues with inadvertent pressing of call buttons mean that they are often ignored by staff, even when required. Attendants seemed helpful but difficult to hear and understand over the cabin noise. No online check in and lack of early check at the desk is inconvenient when departing from Changi to Sydney at 2 am as you can't use all Changi's wonderful airside facilities. Much preferred Jetstar.

Scoot Customer review :  27 July 2012 by Annabelle Wang    (Singapore)

Given their fares are about half that of the cheapest competitors with all possible add-ons, I don't think one can really complain about the fees for checked baggage, iPads, or meals. The food was nothing amazing, but the staff were great and helpful. 10-across B777-2 is not exactly comfortable, but it is bearable for an 8 hour flight to Australia, and definitely worth the price. The iPads are well loaded and easy to use, would definitely recommend getting one if you're not going to sleep aboard. All in all, given their an LCC and their prices are so low, you certainly get a lot for what you paid for.

Scoot Customer review :  10 July 2012 by A Satchwell    (Australia)

Flight good however the delivery of food service was very poor. Running back and forth with individual food and drink for passengers is such a waste of time. This cannot be difficult to achieve as other budget airlines seem to have a smooth flow of service even at a basic level. Also the quality of product available should be reviewed. Happy to pay a little more. However I will travel Scoot again. With these adjustments more profit and potentially a good product in a competitive market.

Scoot Customer review :  5 July 2012 by R Hamilton    (Australia)

They are slowly getting their act together. Food not the best but not overly expensive for what you get. No entertainment inflight - suggest you take some, but on night flight return, really not needed. I paid extra for leg room 31k not the best and by the toilets - not worth the extra. The next 2 rows back would be my pick next time. Will there be a next time yes, I would fly Scoot again.

Scoot Customer review :  4 July 2012 by E Provan    (Australia)

Not as good as full service carriers but compared to other budget airlines it is amazing. Nice seats, clean aircraft, very helpful and friendly flight attendants. Cheaper and better than other budget carriers like Air Asia.

Scoot Customer review :  28 June 2012 by Sheng Kai Tham    (Singapore)

Taking this budget airline was not easy, especially when you are seated right at the back of Boeing 777. The cabin crew were quite friendly, but the fact that many of them were new, they could only answer questions and complaints with "I'm not very sure", "I'll check for you" and "sorry". And it took them to serve food 2 hours after takeoff, in which case many passengers at the back were starving. Then it took another 1 hour to serve the drinks, and expect the leftovers of what the passengers in the front seats to be served to you. And it was difficult to hear what the stewardesses were announcing to us.