Scoot Passenger Reviews and Scoot Customer Trip Reports

Scoot Customer review :  10 December 2014 by L Wicks    (Thailand)

ScootBiz

‘Biz’ class from Bangkok to the Gold Coast (returning in economy). I could have bought a cheaper ticket on Singapore Airlines or Thai Airlines in economy and got better service, if I compare the so-called ‘biz’ amenities to the economy features of other airlines. Scoot ‘Biz’ priority boarding poor - only a few moments after calling for the ‘biz’ section they called everyone else and without a separate line we had to stand in line with everyone else. No hot towel or wipe onboard. One meal only, consisting of a small dish that would not feed an adult and a Toblerone. One drink of water in the entire flight, one other drink with my meal. InFlight Entertainment nil unless one happens to have an iPad). No blanket or pillow. Scoot has managed to cut costs so much that they are falsely advertising the ‘biz’ class as something worth paying extra for, but in fact it is even below economy in normal airlines. I was particularly appalled that they do not provide water on demand, especially on the longer flights. When we arrived at Coolangata, the final straw was the use of a single set of stairs that accessed the economy cabin so that the ‘Scootbiz’ passengers that had paid a premium were among the last to leave the aircraft.

Scoot Customer review :  17 November 2014 by David Wright    (Australia)

I flew ScootBiz on two flights, from Bangkok to Singapore, and then from Singapore to Perth. The aircraft's were Boeing 777. The business class cabin was okay but the seats are not able to recline very much. The food was very basic but okay with just one drink being provided with the included fair. This airline needs to improve business class experience to make it worthwhile to ensure that there is priority boarding and exit from the aircraft using separate gate entry lanes, and also priority luggage handling. There was no "crowd" control by flight staff on leaving the plane in Bangkok - with only 4 passengers in their business class on that flight the cabin was rapidly filled with passengers from economy competing to exit via the business class exit. There is no priority baggage handling for business class passengers. I had been unable to determine from their website how to access the inflight entertainment system with my tablet device, so I had not downloaded the appropriate application before boarding the flight and could therefore not use it. I was impressed with the punctuality of the flights for both arrivals and departures being on time.

Scoot Customer review :  31 October 2014 by L Thurbon    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Sydney to Singapore flight departed on time The food and refreshments could only be described as poor especially for an eight hour flight. The streaming entertainment system was intermittent but content was ok. Public address announcements were inaudible most of the time and the staff service level was poor and they seemed to be good at hiding in the galley. Not what we expect from an airline associated with SQ Not a patch on Jetstar Bus/Star Class.

Scoot Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Bev Wilson    (Australia)

Travelled PER-SIN-PER in Biz class selection. This was disappointing to say the least. Had previously travelled in economy seats (standard blue) and actually found no difference in service or comfort. Waste of money paying the extra for Bizclass. The entertainment streaming was unavailable on our flight which made the 5 hour journey seem quite long and tiring. The return flight was delayed 4 hours which totally interfered with our plans and cost us dearly for additional airport drinks and long term parking. We were bussed along with all other passengers to the plane which was still being repaired when we boarded.

Scoot Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Paul A Cox    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Just flew Coolangatta - Singapore return, Scoot Biz for the third time in two years and as usual excellent for the cost. Flight left and arrived on time both ways, cabin crew friendly and efficient. Food is pretty ordinary but have never eaten anything worth talking about on any airline in 50 years of flying. Cabin is clean and seats comfortable, excellent value for money. People who complain really need to look at what their saving.

Scoot Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Bordas Trevor    (Australia)

Flew TZ7, Perth to Singapore, 18th August and returned TZ8, 25th August. Medical emergency onboard during the outward journey meant we returned to Perth. Cabin crew were First Class in their handling of the situation. It was our first flight with Scoot and we were more than happy with the flight and service once resumed. We selected yellow seats in the quiet zone, a good decision as we are both tall and the extra leg room made for a comfortable journey. The return trip was good also. Last year we did a trip to Japan using Malaysian Airlines and were less than impressed with the service. Their only redeeming factor was a 30kg baggage allowance. On balance we would fly with Scoot again if we could.

Scoot Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Joe Pickford    (UK)

Fly every few months from Bangkok to Singapore using Scoot, the service is always excellent, boarding is always on time, check in is always easy and most importantly, they're always the cheapest airline I can find, even when other airlines have promotions, Scoot are cheaper. As expected, food is expensive and there's little in-flight entertainment, apart from Wi-fi (which I got free!) but it's a low cost airline, I don't expect it. I just bring a book or iPad. I always fly with Scoot and always recommend Scoot.

Scoot Customer review :  9 August 2014 by R Raniga    (Australia)

I booked Scoot for my sister and son SYD to SIN return. Whilst the outgoing flight was smooth and they were allowed to take their snacks on board, on the return flight they were not even allowed to bring food/water onboard and being strict vegetarians it was tough as Scoot does not serve/sell anything that is purely vegetarian. The crew were rude and did not pay attention to anyone trying to call them. The tiny bottle of water sold on the plane - $4. A rip-off since they do not allow you to take water on board.

Scoot Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Bellini Cassidy    (China)

Nanjing - Singapore. The crew on board were rude - they were not polite and asked you not to eat anything you brought onboard. The price is not as low as its service, definitely not worth it. Some seats were not able to recline and my cup holder was broken. Very uncomfortable flight. I'd rather go to Shanghai next time. Avoid Scoot if you can!

Scoot Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Derick Yuan    (Singapore)

Flew Scoot flight TZ7 from Perth to Singapore on 23/06/14. The aircraft was Goin'Scootin, the crew were very fast to serve food, and were very friendly. The captain however, made announcements far too softly. We did not choose our seats and got super seats for free, which have more legroom compared to the blue seats. However, the seat was not cushioned, and was quite hard, the flight was quite bumpy so we did not feel relaxed at all. The food served onboard was very expensive, but was needed for a 5hr flight. The boarding at Perth was terrible, no queues, staff not trained.

Scoot Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Lauris McCorkell    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Singapore to Sydney on June 16 the 1.45am flight. We booked bizclass and were very disappointed. The seats were most uncomfortable and the cabin was extremely cold for a night flight, having not flown with Scoot before we didn't get any blankets or pillows so we were unable to sleep. For bizclass we got small water and pringles and a soft drink plus our ordered meal at 8am in the morning. We did not feel we got value for money. The ground staff were good but the plane cabin crew were hidden most of the time.

Scoot Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Francisco    (Singapore)

Flew with Scoot several times and no complaints so far. Traveled from Singapore to Sydney for about S$200+ return trip (FlyBag) from a sale. We have sat on both standard (Blue) and Super (Yellow) seats and both were comfortable and have very spacious legroom (I could cross my legs with a standard seat). Cabin crew were very friendly and always served us quickly with a smile on their faces. We ordered a Beef Bourguignon Pasta Stew and some snacks on board and despite the small portion, the meal was delicious. Other then that, the flights were always on time and would definitely fly with Scoot again.

Scoot Customer review :  24 June 2014 by J Melville    (Australia)

ScootBiz

TZ 2, 19 June, SIN/SYD in Scootbiz. Rubbish, the cabin crew disappear, they muddle the food and they lack the basic standards. Not impressed at all!

Scoot Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Lisa Tan    (Singapore)

Flew economy class (Blue seats) on scoot flight TZ8 from SIN to PER on 16/06/14 and found them nice enough. You might realise that the blue seats are actually cleaner than the yellow seats which have stains. Pilots were very experienced and Scoot was actually a new airline so we were surprised that there was actually Senior first officers. Service from the "Scootees" were actually quite fast but they serve food rather slowly. Their English was actually quite nice but sounds unusual. Flight was very smooth and will fly Scoot again in the near future.

Scoot Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Elizabeth Ahuahu    (New Zealand)

ScootBiz

My husband and I travelled scootBiz return from Sydney to Singapore. Enjoyed the flights both ways and will certainly travel with them again. We are in our sixties and were pleased to have paid extra for the large black comfortable leather seats plus extra leg room. Found the air conditioning on board a bit cool after returned from temperatures of 38*degrees otherwise great!

Scoot Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Darren McCarthy    (Australia)

Gold Coast Airport to Singapore. My friends had previously travelled on this flight and recommended I purchase the extra "Yellow" Stretch seats from Rows 21-25. Definitely do this! It cost me $66 extra, but was it worth it! I'm close to 6 foot tall so the extra legroom was worth it alone. Food wise I played it safe and ordered the Ham/Cheese croissant and that was fine. I agree that a can of coke and small pringles is not the best "health" option but I bought my own food on board and there was no problem with that. Take an empty water bottle to refill. Don't try and take the bottled water through Gold Coast Customs - no go, so you'll have to stand there and scull it! Scoot staff were fine and efficient. I can relate to the call button being "dinged" continuously due to the major design flaw of where the button is located on the armrest. All up I paid $745 back in January for this airfare and I am happy to do it again - but only in the yellow seats! The layout is 3-4-3 in economy and there were so mighty "squashed" people in those seats so invest the extra $70 (and hope that no one has the middle seat!). I agree with other reviewers that this section (Rows 21-25) is child-free and feels like your own little section. Gold Coast Airport Customs/Immigration is certainly not set up to cope with 3-4 International flights arriving at the same time, definitely a poor "first impression".

Scoot Customer review :  7 April 2014 by J Elizalde    (Australia)

Scoot provides all the basics that you need at a very affordable price. No complaints. Service was courteous, professional and efficient. Will recommend this to anyone who wants to visit or stopover at Singapore.

Scoot Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Dorothy Mowat    (Australia)

We have just returned to Sydney from Singapore after a marvellous three-week holiday, flying both ways with Scoot. Being a budget-type airline we had no high expectations, and were satisfied with both journeys: Sydney to Singapore, and Singapore to Sydney. On our forward journey we had chosen the economy blue seats 38A and 38B - and we had a passenger sitting near us on 38C. Found it very cramped. Decided to upgrade for the return journey to the yellow seats and must say that the extra room was well worth the extra payment. I would travel again with Scoot – next time booking the super economy (yellow) seats. With such low air fares, you get what you pay for, so we can't whinge about being offered coca cola and pringles as a snack! The meal on the return journey (beef wrap) was a huge improvement on the forward journey which was some sort of very ordinary rice concoction. The staff at every step of the way - from when we checked in until we landed were very efficient and courteous. In recommending this airline, I would suggest that potential passengers do a bit of homework beforehand and choose a seat that maximises their comfort. The small cabin directly behind business class (rows 21 to 23) are excellent, as it is a small cabin, which has been declared "child and baby free" - so no screaming babies directly nearby. Hope this has been helpful.

Scoot Customer review :  24 February 2014 by C Leis    (Australia)

Our second trip with Scoot to Singapore. One out of Sydney and the latest from the Gold Coast. We aren't exactly the youngest passengers on flights (60's) so the blue seats get a bit (lot) cramped after takeoff plus an hour. This time we splurged and got yellow seats in the back of the plane. Also ordered a meal. Everything worked well and the meals were exactly what is/are required on an 8 hour flight. The small extra cost for the seats was well spent as we were in a bracket of two (window and aisle) and it was only the two of us to sprawl across each other. The cabin crew was/were really good. Spoke good English and didn't seem to be troubled by the usual few fools that adorn every flight! I'd certainly fly Scoot again. Next time to Hong Kong. If I can get a decent Gold Coast to Hong Kong connection. Check-in at the Gold Coast was fast and efficient. Same at Changi. Tip. Take your own Tablet device, loaded with your fave TV or Movies. Yep. The battery will expire before the flight lands, but, by then you will be ready for a few hours of sleep. Also take an empty 500/600ml water bottle on board. Fill it at the water places on the aircraft.

Scoot Customer review :  19 February 2014 by A Kale    (Australia)

I was scheduled to travel on a non-stop Scoot flight from Singapore to Sydney by Business Class a few days ago. The flight was scheduled to take off from Singapore at 1.45am and arrive into Sydney at 12.40pm. The flight got progressively delayed and finally took off around 5.30am. Then for some unknown reason it stopped in Perth before continuing to Sydney. Finally, it landed in Sydney over six hours behind schedule at 7pm. I missed my onward connections to Canberra. So moral of the story is that if you have to reach somewhere on time, do not travel by Scoot as they are usually late.

Scoot Customer review :  17 February 2014 by B Rippingale    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Have flown with Scoot several times and the planes have been on time and arrived early in some occasions, all smooth with check in and bag collection, as good as any airline I've used for this. Scoot Biz are much better than any standard seat with other airlines. Food is a bit basic but for the same price as the cheapest fare in economy with 38 inch legroom it's with it. The entertainment does not seem to work on my own devices which is probably the only downside. Overall a good service and will keep using if the price is right.

Scoot Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Christine Tang    (Singapore)

The aircraft was ok and service was almost the same as other budget airlines. However, it was delayed 3 hours and 2 hours+ respectively for my 2 flights. I felt uncomfortable that the cabin crew moved my luggage without asking for my consent. The cabin crew are rude, they don't give way to passengers when they are selling food and beverages. I stood in the aisle and waited for 10 mins until one moved his cart back a little and I could go back to my seat. Although it is a budget airline, they should know we are the customers and they should provide quality service, not a budget.

Scoot Customer review :  3 February 2014 by B Rippingale    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Perth to Singapore - Scootbiz. Overall a good product, check in very efficient through dedicated Biz desk, young man was very friendly and professional, he also mentioned we could board the plane as soon as boarding begins. Unfortunately no option to purchase Business Lounge Access at Perth. Boarding was efficient with a call to all Scoot biz to board at the start, excellent, much improved on last time. Boarded the cabin to realise there were only 4 people of the 32 seat occupied in the Biz section, as always we were greeted warmly when boarding the plane. Drink orders were taken before take off, and we were allowed any drink on their menu, something not offered on our previous trip so improving all the time, opted for Singapore slings, we were told we would get these after take off. As with Biz we were provided with a small sealed cup of water like you get in economy, take off was earlier than expected which I was impressed with. It was about 30 minutes after we took off when we were provided with our pre ordered meal, not bad, with small can of pringles and a bottle of pre mixed Singapore sling with a cup of ice, overall good for budget maybe disappointing for any other service. Once again we were unable to use the entertainment system, this time using a tablet instead of a laptop, but once again no luck. We rarely saw the cabin staff and they did not come out and give us the code to access the entertainment. Scoot need to look at this as I don't think I'm the only one to have this issue. My favourite part of the experience is the seat, its like premium economy, comfortable with 38 inch leg room and 20inch width, great for a 5 hour flight. Overall its a Premium economy cabin with a budget service.

Scoot Customer review :  25 January 2014 by P Cleaver    (Australia)

ScootBiz

PER-SIN. Left on time, cabin staff actually very good. This trip was better than some full service airlines. Problem in seat 15 - no overhead bin available due to Emergency oxygen and cabin stores and way the divider is set up also blanks out two other bins. Food was able to be eaten (just) and not worth the cost. Scoot should be taken to task as no android service of any kind. The 777's have a better feel up the front than say A320. Seat comfortable, wide and lots of leg room in Biz. Excellent cabin staff. Cabin heat was rather hot, announcements very hard to hear and garbled. Rest of the deal not worth the hassle.

Scoot Customer review :  25 January 2014 by W Radaich    (Australia)

Travelled Perth to Singapore return. Excellent price for return flights. All aspects of the flight were exceptional - easy and quick check in, boarding quick and flight comfortable. All flights on time. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Scoot Customer review :  21 January 2014 by E Smith    (Australia)

Gold Coast to Singapore, December 23rd 2013. Singapore to Gold Coast, January 7th 2014. If you want a budget airline with no frills substandard food at premium prices that charges you every time you blink then this airline is for you. I can understand extra for food drinks (even water) entertainment, but to charge you for checking in early is a pathetic money grabbing option. Only $5 but no mention of fee at early check-in sign at airport, after queuing in line for 20 minutes and many complaints from other passengers a staff member came from behind the counter to tell you of the charge when you are two passengers from the counter and by the time we got to the counter we were only 5 minutes early. However the aircraft was clean, seat comfortable (just a little narrow) but plenty of legroom. Will not travel with thrm again if other airlines are available.

Scoot Customer review :  20 January 2014 by A Idris    (Singapore)

Traveled PER-SIN, only. The ground staff were nice enough to ask if I wanted a window seat or aisle seat during check in. Boarding went pretty quickly. The crew were helpful with my carry-on luggage on board. There were some problems with the passenger call bell button and it was quite worrying. (Probably just an old aircraft. The seats looked old and dirty, but overall very spacious and comfortable. The cabin seemed warm and stuffy throughout the flight, though). Safety and budget transportation was definitely the main focus of the airline. In safety aspects, the crew did their seatbelt checks after the turbulence announcement and constantly doing toilet-checks and house-keeping often. Announcements by the crew could be improved in terms of clarity, audibility and tone of voice. I did not try the inflight entertainment and purchase any meals. But the menu of the inflight meals and the list of inflight entertainment seemed interesting and a bit on the steep side. However, definitely use this airline again because of the price and comfort.

Scoot Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Shazil Rehman    (UAE)

SIN-PER-SIN. Both flights were on time, we paid to choose our seats (basic ones) and got them. We filled our bottles with water prior to boarding and carried with us some burgers and snacks. Although they announce that food purchased from outside is not allowed to be consumed, many people have a bite and no one says anything - I would recommend this option over purchasing the inflight food especially as many people have said that it is not good. We watched our own movies on our iPad so entertainment wasn't an issue either. Safety measures were taken very seriously and the cabin crew were responsive when they were called for. I would definitely recommend this airline, it does what it says on the tin and at a very decent price. If you want all the frills and creature comforts beyond a nice seat, safety and being on time, don't go for it.

Scoot Customer review :  15 January 2014 by J Lofthouse    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Gold Coast - OOL late Nov. If you like eating poor quality food, pitiful ground staff and substandard customer service then Scoot is for you! Offered ScootBiz upgrade which supposedly included unlimited drinks during meal service and a blanket. This was not the case and we got nothing but a better seat for our $169! Customer service has done nothing. Boarding took forever as ground staff were incompetent with only one staff member. I understand you get what you pay for but this airline doesn't even offer that! A very low cost airline.

Scoot Customer review :  15 January 2014 by A Williams    (Australia)

6-10th Jan. PER-SIN-PER. Service in the cabin was non-existent, I couldn't get anyone to come to my seat, with my service light on for hours I gave up. Both flights there and back were cold, particularly the outbound flight. The aircon was broken, it was freezing and we weren't offered different seats even though there were many available that were much warmer. Eventually given a free blanket hours later. The sorting out of pre-booked meals is stupid. It takes hours to get all the pre-booked meals delivered and meanwhile there is no service from the cabin crew, you cant get a drink or anything until about 2-3 hours into the flight. For these reasons I would only choose to fly Scoot again if the fare is very cheap.

Scoot Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Le Quesne Brendan    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Flew ScootBiz from PER-SIN-PER for a family holiday. After reading other reviews people must realise you get what you pay for! I am 6 ft 5 and found the seats in ScootBiz cabin perfectly comfortable. I have flown Singapore airlines on the same route and yes they are a first class airline no doubt, but a fare which cost less than half of what a Singapore Airlines economy seat fare does the issue stops. Food included with the ticket was OK, plane was on time and clean. Forget all the other whinging gripes people have, if you want an airlines which offers the bare basics but an affordable trip go for Scoot, if you need to have your every whim and desire satisfied go with a full service carrier. Will happily fly Scoot again in the future.

Scoot Customer review :  8 January 2014 by G Warden    (Singapore)

ScootBiz

Flew ScootBiz: Singapore-Tokyo-Singapore via Taipei. The seats we booked miraculously disappeared on check-in and we had to sit separately on the return journey. The free inflight entertainment in ScootBiz was non-existent and cabin crew said the cabin wifi system wasn't working properly. We won't fly Scoot again and we wouldn't dream of recommending it to anyone.

Scoot Customer review :  3 January 2014 by B Nixon    (Australia)

PER-SIN-PER. The website was difficult to access and understand, let alone come to grips with what was on offer. A bad decision was to opt for payment of excess baggage (over 15kg) at the airport which cost $264. Boarding was chaotic, the plane eventually departing 35 minutes late. My wife ordered a meal that would not be fit for a dog's consumption, mine being a concoction which was barely edible. Onboard in the equivalent of premium economy, the seats were sufficiently comfortable for a 5 hour flight, but no more. There would appear to be very little the cabin crew knew of basics that is so superbly demonstrated by its parent company. While in Singapore I tried to pay for baggage through the website and only with the assistance of a family member was this achieved after 3 days of trying. The return flight was about 40% capacity and the service was still below average. Duty free shopping was not on a trolley but was available at the rear galley of the plane (no announcement to this effect). I did like the list of passenger seat numbers showing who had ordered food on line - a scrappy piece of cardboard stuck to one of the cupboards. Sure it's a budget airline but all the basics are missing.