Saudi Arabian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Saudi Arabian Airlines Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  24 October 2011 by J Bacallado   (Spain)

Riyadh-Jeddah. Domestic flight on B777-200. Business class. Seat 1L. Very comfortable service. Check in business counter very fast. Lounge in Riyadh is basic. Onboard service very good for a 1.5hr flight. Seat comfortable angle lie-flat. Dedicated bus for boarding on both airports. Fast bag drop on arrival.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  11 October 2011 by Phil Hall   (UK)

The first leg of the journey London to Manila via Riyadh was on time and reasonably comfortable, on a par with most major airlines. However, from Riyadh to Manila the journey involved an old 747-400 with no working IFE. The standard of catering was much lower than the first leg of the journey. The return journey was no better and coupled with the five hour wait at Riyadh airport, a very dismal place, made for a very unpleasant journey. Avoid this airline if you can.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  6 September 2011 by G Chin   (UK)

LHR-SIN one-way with 2 hr transit in Riyadh. A surprisingly pleasant experience. Selected emergency exit seats - row 38 at time of booking, which were comfortable, though opposite the toilets and allowed some sleep. Meals were tasty and of generous proportions, and two were served on each leg so quite filling. Transit in Riyadh was without hassle. Criticisms - drinks were served in one burst, and then nothing for hours unless you walk to the galley. Cabin crew ok but not overly enthusiastic.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  22 July 2011 by Faruk Aldemir   (Turkey)

Dammam-Riyadh-Istanbul. After waiting 2 hrs on the ground, the pilot announced there was a technical fault and we had to return to the airport. No one assisted or directed us. The flight from Riyadh to Istanbul was missed, because I was still in Dammam. I was calm and after 2-3 hrs of waiting, there was only 1 flight available the next day. I went to baggage claim and found my bag in the corner of the airport. The hotel provided was very poor. I didn't request anything, and they didn't compensate anything, they didn't even ask.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  13 July 2011 by A Althani   (Qatar)

Doha-Jeddah then onto Madina return. We used their new A320 which was furnished with their new short range product and we where surprised of how good and comfortable their plane was and helpful and attentive their staff were. A very nice choice of meal service, though they did not offer a menu but the portions where large compared with other airlines and I plan on using them again.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  5 July 2011 by K Janush   (Germany)

JED-FRA. I was very pleased with my experience on this airline. Check in was quite fast. Staff are very accommodating and efficient. Aircraft was full load. The entertainment was amazingly great. Good choice of Video. The meal was surprisingly amazing. Most importantly, flight attendants were fabulous. It was a mixed nationality. I lost count of how many times the flight attendants came around with water and juices. The one seating beside me, needs to charge his laptop, and when he asked the flight attendants, without hesitation, she immediately resolved the problem. "Good customer service" Toilets were very clean and usable. Great value for money.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  25 June 2011 by Joy Lanot   (Saudi Arabia)

DMM-JDH-JDH-DMM. Check in was lousy; check-in gate opened only 30mins before flight was due to depart. Smooth take off and landing. The seats had a 32" pitch, and were surprisingly comfortable. Clean interior, including the seats and the head rest. Food was average, however, was nearly put off from eating when the stewardess shouted at my husband, after asking her to repeat what was on the menu. Overall, not bad for a 3 star airline. Experience could be greatly improved by putting the emphasis on delivering "good" customer service.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  20 June 2011 by Shahnawaz Khan   (UK)

I had my first experience with Saudi Arabian Airline. It was not good at all. Putting the extra seat in B-777 made it very congested from London Heathrow to Jeddah. Passenger facilities at Jeddah airport were almost nil. Ground staff were very rude. The connecting flight had trouble and was cancelled. All passengers were pushed into an old Boeing 747 like sheep, without any seating order. The food was cold and FA's didn't seem to care. This was probably the worst journey I ever had. Would not recommend it to anyone except if you want to save some money booking tickets in advance. But still it is not worth it.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  9 June 2011 by P Burke   (Canada)

My first experience with Saudi Arabian Airlines, and most likely my last. From the initial boarding, a male flight attendant was rude and condescending to passengers. Once seated in assigned seat, the aircraft was not full allowing myself and another passenger to share the four centre row seats. However, before take off, a flight attendant repositioned the passengers in front of us, into our row stating the row was reserved. Although not pleased, I thought that they had good reason, perhaps a passenger who needed to lay down due to age or medical condition. However, once inflight it became painfully obvious why the row had been vacated. The cabin crew actually arrived with blankets and pillows and throughout the entire flight from Dulles to Riyadh, took turns sleeping. It was shocking, that paying customers were placed in this position so the attendants could sleep! The food was good, and adequate throughout the flight. The in flight entertainment initially appeared to be on par with other airlines, however the movies ended 1.5 hr into the flight, not to resume, and no explanation as to why. I was very disappointed with the level of professionalism extended by the cabin crew, in particular the male attendants. I will go out of my way to fly with another airline in the future, even at an increased expense if it means avoiding this kind of experience again.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  23 April 2011 by P Smith   (Saudi Arabia)

RUH-LHR. Check-in ok except agent told me he had no lounge invitations left and I needed one to get into the lounge even though my ticket was J Class. I went to the lounge and negotiated my way in. The lounge in T2 at RUH is the best lounge at RUH though not the same standard as average lounges you would expect in most international airports. Flight on new B777, on which the IFE did not work. Cabin crew not very helpful though tried to be friendly. At meal service I was informed that I had ordered a special meal when I didn't. I was informed that I did not have a choice! I asked for a menu, as non had been offered prior to the meal service, nor had any fruit juices and after four attempts I was brought an UK arrival card! Eventually was given a copy of the menu after the service. Tried to use the massage function in my seat but it switched the same function on in my neighbours seat! Watched my ipod and read my book for the rest of the flight. I have flown this airline many times both in Y and J and the service is very it and miss with this episode being the norm.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  10 April 2011 by Norman Mitchell   (UK)

JED–RUH operated by B777-200 in high density seating configuration with only 2 rows of First Class and the rest Economy in a 3x4x3 layout with a LCC style seat pitch. Most B777s in Economy have a 3x3x3 seating layout and the extra seat therefore results in narrower seats and aisles. This is perhaps acceptable for short haul domestic flights, such as this was, but this would be almost unacceptable for medium / long haul flights. Somewhat incredibly, a hot meal was served in Economy on this 1h 10m flight – a choice of Mixed Grill or Pasta with pitta bread, a cake and a Mars Bar. Water came within the Meal Box whilst soft drinks were offered separately along with tea and coffee afterwards. The flight crew were the usual Asian multi- nationals who were efficient, professional and cheerful. The flight left on time and arrived early – and all for US$ 75.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  25 February 2011 by Iain Paterson   (UAE)

DXB-DMM-DXB was good, food excellent, staff excellent, aircraft old but in good shape. DXB- RYD-DXB complete opposite end of the scale, DXB-RYD plane kept ascending then climbing, crew were strapped into seats for duration, upon arrival in Riyadh pilot apologised for the unusual flight caused due to technical problems. Return flight must have been same B747-400 as described by other travellers, interior panels falling and fallen off, crew not concerned with safety, passengers walking up and down aisle while landing, crew take your seats announcement after we landed.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  11 February 2011 by M Entwistle   (UK)

LHR-RUH afternoon flight. Used Saudi Airlines due to increased legroom and sensible flight times. Pleasantly surprised by the experience - seats narrow but flight wasn't full so managed to share 3 seats between 2 of us. Food was fine - while I normally like a G&T on a flight I can survive without one! AVOD etc was okay. Immigration at Riyadh was very quick despite warnings from colleagues - obviously not many other international flights coming in at that time. After haggling, the taxi to central Riyadh was SAR80.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  2 January 2011 by Hossain Afzal   (Sweden)

MXP-JED-DAC, DAC-RUH-MXP. Departing flight 2 hours late from MXP and then wait more than 6 hours in JED for connection flight without any information. Nobody knows when the fly or what to do. If you ask someone, nobody answered. Very bad staff behavior and information desk don’t know anything. It was hell on returning flight. The flight was late at DAC airport. At RUH waited more than 12 hours for the connection flight. Staff say that departure will be in 1 or two hours, but not any exact hour, so that they don’t need to allow hotel room for the passenger. I missed my next flight from MXP to ARN and train from ARN to home. Avoid the flight if you don’t want to waste time and money.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  27 December 2010 by C Jensen   (USA)

RUH-DXB. Airline's website would not accept credit card info; reservation made through the airline's toll-free number (the prices on the website were incorrect anyway). There was a quick security screen before check-in at RUH. As I was about to place my luggage on the belt, a worker told me that he would do it. After it went through the scanner he rolled it about 30 feet to the check-in line. All of this took about a minute. I tipped him a dollar US which was the only small bill I could find quickly. He informed me that this was inadequate so I dug into my carry-on and found a bit more. This was very irritating. Other passengers also were annoyed by this and an elderly Saudi passenger who joined me in line used his cane to send his "helper" away when he requested additional tip. Check-in was quick and went smoothly. Boarding was not announced; it just happened. There was "open boarding" in coach (meaning seat assignments were ignored). Seat pitch was very good. Food surprisingly good. Flight attendants were efficient on this short flight and sufficiently friendly. The flight left and arrived on time.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  5 December 2010 by R Gibson   (UK)

LHR-JED-LHR. Check in at Heathrow very slow, arrived 4 hours before as requested, checked in 1 hour before - had to run to the aircraft! Problem was staff were dealing with LHR-RUH-LHR flight, and both flights were overbooked. Staff at Jeddah terminal have big attitude problem. Staff on the plane do not assist with seating, so if someone has taken your seat you have to co-ordinate everything and get the passenger to move yourself.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  17 November 2010 by Stephen Roach   (Saudi Arabia)

I have travelled from London and back six times between London and Dammam, sometimes via Jeddah and sometimes via Riyadh because our company policy is that we must. Jeddah is a lousy experience. It took so long to clear passport control that I got bumped from my connecting flight and had to buy a ticket from another airline. The transfer desk is a clamouring horde and you have to fight your way to the front. No information is given out at Dammam Airport either in Arabic or English as to departure gate numbers. Flights are labelled "free seat" at the last minute even when you've got your seat number and Saudis like to play musical chairs so that you aren't sitting next to their womenfolk or so they can sit in family groups. The ticket sales staff are rude and indifferent and lack the language skills necessary for the job. The ground staff likewise. They invariably start shouting at you if you express any disagreement with them. On my last flight back to Saudi from London my booking was cancelled and I had to go through my company's travel section to get it reinstated.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  29 September 2010 by H Alahdal   (Saudi Arabia)

Frankfurt to Riyadh A320-200. The allocated lounge (sky lounge of Korean Air) is large but of minimal facilities and at the furthest point away from the SV gate in T2 concourse E). Boarding was efficient despite no line for J class passengers. Better in flight service than the outbound flight but nothing really personal. Lunch selection was not available and fruit juices were not fresh (although advertised as such). IFE operational but with little selection way below other carriers. All products I was interested in to buy on sky sales were not available (found out that the aircraft was not restocked for 48 hours prior to the outbound flight). This lack of consistency and attention to detail make SV an unfavorable airline particularly if you are planning to travel as a premier customer.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  25 September 2010 by H Alahdal   (Saudi Arabia)

Riyadh to Frankfurt A320-200. Check in : terrible, Y class passengers pushing themselves to the J class line as if there were a line - the location is filthy with dirty carpet and luggage tags everywhere. No web check in available for international flights. Boarding disorganized, no priority boarding for J class passengers. Cabin with good temperature, although utilization of a single aisle aircraft was disappointing for this 6 hour flight. Seat Leather, good pitch and width but the leg support failed to extend properly. Staff service automated, masked faced service non welcoming, un-professional when attempting to answer question on lack of IFE. Breakfast was Y class quality in plastic container. Snack acceptable. Drinks basic. IFE operating but not loaded with anything (not even the safety video) the Flight attendant didn't do it manually. Very disappointing experience not of business class standard. SV continues to be so inconsistent.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  15 September 2010 by Michael Houlihan   (Saudi Arabia)

RUH-LHR return Business. Outbound the business and first class check in is mobbed by economy passengers, asked several staff to be checked in as I was in business class and told to wait - after 45 minutes I demanded to be checked in as flight was closing to be told by the same Saudi staff, I didn't you realise your were business class. Flight out fine, Asian staff friendly and obliging, the Senior walked around the cabin with a scolding look on his face. Return much older aircraft, seats dirty and did not recline, food dreadful, cabin looked filthy, staff cold, rude and didn't care less that 3 kids running around the cabin actually slapping other passengers as their parents did not care what they did. The final straw, IFE not working. Airline gets worse every time I fly with them no more.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  15 July 2010 by Moustafa Ezz   (Canada)

JED-CAI on all economy A300 - one of my worst travel experiences ever. Departure was set for 3:45 am, however plane was delayed on the ground for 1.5 hours, and we ended up departing at 5:15 am. Delay apparently due to the fact that they left some luggage in the terminal. During the wait, aircraft was hot and sticky and air conditioning was giving out hot air, despite the 38C outside temperature. Cabin crew couldnt' be bothered to reassure passengers, shrugging shoulders and showing no signs of care at all to complains. Water and refreshing tissues were eventually distributed, but the ordeal was unbearable. Seats were small, uncomfortable, and ripped at parts. There was no inflight entertainment, not even in-flight magazines.

SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES customer review :  5 July 2010 by D Mahanty   (India)

My wife was booked Riyadh to Bangalore, travelling alone and booked in business class. We arrived at the airport at 0100 hrs and completed check in. She was given a boarding pass, which did not mention the number of the Gate from which to board. When I asked the man at the counter which gate we should go to, he waved his hand dismissively and told me to go to immigration. When my wife went to immigration, she was told the flight was cancelled and referred back to the airline. We came back and asked a Saudi Airlines employee; he told us the flight would leave at 1300 hrs. I asked him why this information was not communicated to us earlier as we had provided our mobile numbers at the time of booking. I also asked why this was not told to us when the boarding pass was issued. There was no satisfactory response to my questions. We reached our home at 3 am and returned to the airport at 11 am. There was no indication at the airport of when the flight would leave or indeed which from which gate passengers should depart. The staff of Saudi Airlines were of no help at all. The plane finally left at 2 pm. On board my wife found that her seat would not recline and she had sit upright for 5 hours. Though Saudi Airlines advertises vegetarian Indian food for flights to India, there was no vegetarian meal available. Not only is the service deplorable but staff are brusque and unhelpful. We choose this carrier because it is the only one that has a direct flight from Riyadh to Bangalore. Perhaps, we should start flying other carriers, even if it means a transhipment, because their staff may be more competent and helpful.

1 2 3 4