SATA Internacional Passenger Reviews and SATA International Customer Trip Reports

SATA International passenger guide

SATA International Passenger Trip Reports

SATA International Lounge Reviews

SATA International Aircraft Seat Plans

SATA International Economy class seat reviews

SATA Internacional Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Eduard A Maduro    (USA)

Flew out of Oakland to Terceira and, to "treat" myself, I decided to pay an extra $1000 and fly Executive class. Honestly, I could've found better uses for that extra money I spent. For starters, the flight was delayed 27 hours. No reason given. Then, Oakland International Airport apparently had no first class lounge for SATA Executive Class passengers to use. So I spent time sipping margaritas at a Chili's located in the departure area. Then I get on the plane and the seat was broken! This is what they expect to treat First Class passengers with? The food was of average quality, far cry from what I expected. Inflight entertainment consisted of iPads being handed out which served some purpose since the inside of their A310's are so horrendously outdated. On the first leg (Oakland/Toronto), they served a hot meal of a chicken breast that was nothing short of bland. The second leg (Toronto/Terceira), they served a cold sandwich wrapped in plastic. Once again, their treatment of Executive class passengers (especially from a region that wants to tout "quality tourism") is probably below that of many African airlines. My bags, supposedly marked "priority" were among the last ones to show up in the baggage claim. The return trip, the seat was functional. But in regards to everything else, pretty much the same. Next time I need to visit the islands, I am seriously going to reconsider my route. SATA will need to do a better job if they want to see my money again.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  9 August 2014 by D Bangs    (USA)

For a flight between Boston and Ponta Delgada, Azores, both outbound and return flights were one hour late. In the latter case, I had to really hustle to get to my connecting flight. I arrived to check in at the Boston ticket counter to find beyond incredible lines leading to just 2 desk clerks. Worse, we were told that SATA was not checking in people from our flight. Two hours later, I finally got checked in. Then it was on to the boarding area which was pretty much total chaos. We boarded more than an hour after the official boarding time. What a mess! On the flight in a really old plane, they showed VHS movies on flimsy screens spaced every 30 feet. The VHS player was defective so the image jumped and fluttered throughout the flight. The food was mostly starch including a package of "Azorean Cookies" which no one in the Azores has ever heard of. The return flight was a little better but not much. Boarding passengers had to march down the tarmac past five SATA airplanes before reaching the one we were supposed to take. I am not sure why they picked a gate almost a football field away from the plane, nor why, with perfect weather in the Azores and in Boston, why the flight was yet again delayed. One final nail in the coffin of ever using this airline again, in their flight magazine, the airline bragged that they had upped the on- time rate to an astounding 90+ percent. The on-time rate for my flights was zero percent! I guess that the acronym "SATA" probably means "Such A Terrible Airline"!

SATA Internacional Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Carlos Oliveira    (Canada)

Our flights S4322, June, 22nd 2014 from Toronto to Ponta Delgada and returning on July 7th 2014, flight S4321 to Toronto were very pleasant. Both flights were on schedule and we arrived 10 minutes early on both. We have flown SATA ever since the airline started flying to Canada. The service was excellent and the crew was spectacular. Meals and service were excellent. We had a couple of free drinks after the meals on both flights. On the way back we even had fresh cheese and for dessert the famous Queijada of Vila Franca. They supplied a bassinet for our 10 month old grandson. We highly recommend.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  18 July 2014 by John Alves    (Canada)

Flight PDL-YYZ on Sunday July 13. Flight left on time which was a pleasant surprise. I usually do the YYZ-PDL route a few times a year and delays are normal. Flight was only about half full so a little more seat room and over heard space that normal. Inflight service was horrible. No Food choice, it was cod or nothing. Horrible cod casserole. Flight attendants disappeared after the meal service on the 6 hour flight - no water service of any sort. Movie screens were blurry and kept cutting in and out and there was No sound in my section of economy. Flight attendants couldn't care less or provide less customer service. Crew had too much attitude and no customer service focus.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  14 July 2014 by M Demitroff    (USA)

BOS-PDL-OPO, LIS-PDL-BOS. via PHL. We were delayed a couple hours out of Boston, and I was certain to miss the leg to Porto to meet up with my sister. SATA held the flight, so to Porto I went after all! Upon return through Lisbon, there was a 7 hour, 15 minute layover in Ponta Delgada. Again we were delayed from PDL to BOS, where I just made my connection to PHL after negotiating Logans chaotic terminal layout. I put SATAs problems solely on management. The crew were friendly and worked hard to please. Service was attentive on all four flights, much more so than any discount US routes I've flown. The airline food was ok, the beverage service generous. Seats are wide enough but closely set. They are one of the few airlines left flying A310s, which will be retired by 2016. Leave yourself at least 3 hours between other airline connections to accommodate delays, don't plan anything really important on the first day in, and be prepared for basic amenities at a good value by a small airline.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Filipe    (USA)

Once again I fly SATA. Once again problems! They too often run behind schedule. TV/Sound equipment always has problems. Outbound to Ponta Delgada from Boston movie starts playing, audio starts 20 minutes later. Inbound from Porto to Boston large wall screen in our section wasn't working. We could not watch the movie. Asked crew twine about it, never came back with an answer. Not surprised, because the same thing happened with no audio on a trip 2 years earlier. The crew should spent less time doing a head count before departure and try harder to act upon customer's issues on board. I've complained via email to SATA about these problems before. They apologize and make an excuse and nothing gets done about it. Some competition with other airlines could help getting these problems resolved or avoid using them and try the competition.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  7 July 2014 by R Rogers    (USA)

Avoid at all costs! It is worth it to go through LHR, EWR, MAD, etc. I have used this airline 3 times and each time I have been delayed over 12 hrs! Customer Service is non-existent. I was supposed to fly out this evening and received a call that it has been cancelled until tomorrow at 8 am. We will arrive LIS at 7pm and there will be no trains available to my final destination until the morning. They will not provide hotel, car, taxi as "LIS is the final destination". If I purchase a ticket, it is essentially a contract. I purchased a ticket so I could get there in the morning. By cancelling the flight and rescheduling 12 hrs later is a breach of that contract and they should reimburse me! The cheaper fare is not worth the hassle and stress they give you.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Lucie Goegan    (Canada)

What was supposed to be a direct flight changed without notice and stopped in PDL delaying the trip for a couple of hours. Was delayed on departure as well. Rude flight attendants and horrible service. No running water in the lavatories, just a nightmare.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Campagnolo Steve    (Canada)

Toronto-Portugal. Checked in on time at YYZ. Went to the gate, flight boarded but we sat for almost 3 hours on board. No water etc or care. Disembarked and informed the flight was cancelled. Hotel and meal vouchers provided. Forced to make my own way to hotel and arrived there at 0530hrs, no other alternatives offered, no rebooking etc. Went back to airport the next night for a 2200hrs departure. Two flights from SATA forced confusion. Police called to the gate so deal with distraught passengers. In the air finally at 2300hrs. Landed at 0600hrs in Ponta Delgado. No connections until 1830hrs, no hotel offered, no meals. Finally arrived in Porto on Sunday at 2200hrss having meant to arrive on Saturday 1100hrs. In total a 36 hour delay. Never again. The planes were old, the food almost inedible.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  31 March 2014 by S Walford    (Canada)

LIS-YYZ on March 28, 2014. Full flight that left and arrived on time, older Airbus but clean comfortable seats, in-flight movies on old ceiling drop down TVs that effectively made them useless for most passengers, OK food including a hot turkey cutlet dinner and muffin snack later, very friendly cabin crew, well informed of weather and flight details by captain, very generous pour of good wine, other beverages offered periodically, water available for the asking. Very good value for the money. After 4 flights on SATA I would fly with them again.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  15 January 2014 by S Walford    (Canada)

YYZ-FNC, Jan 3 2014 Pre-flight email enquiry to SATA concerning luggage allowance was handled quickly and professionally. On the day of the flight, late arrival of equipment from storm bound Europe delayed the departure to Ponta Delgada by almost 2 hours. Having tracked the flight, I was aware of the delay but SATA maintained the on time status until most had checked in at the airport, leaving a lot of grumpy passengers waiting in the departure lounge. Older equipment but clean and comfortable. Two food choices: Take It or Leave It. The Take It meal plunked down in front of us was clearly below average featuring chicken with a sweet sauce but the glass of wine was big and of good quality. Good tail winds or the pilot made up some time and, after a nail biter of a connection in Ponta Delgada, we boarded our Q400 flight to Funchal. The SATA rep at Toronto check in had misinformed us completely about baggage being checked through to Funchal. He stated that we would have to claim it off the carousel in Ponta Delgada, clear customs and then re check it through to Funchal. Not the case because it went straight through leaving us wondering and stressed at Ponta Delgada while we watched an empty baggage carousel go round and round. Not hugely impressed but give the airline credit because we and our luggage made it eventually to FNC on time during a difficult weather travel period.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  23 October 2013 by John Sao Marcos    (USA)

Recently flew Lisbon to Boston on SATA - flight crew (cabin crew) were courteous, helpful and highly respectful of all ages, especially a large number of elderly aboard! The aircraft was exceptional in that it was clean and comfortable, having flown to Europe a number of times on other flagged aircraft - none equalled the quality of SATA!

SATA Internacional Customer review :  16 October 2013 by P Salomons    (Canada)

Our family of 2 adults and two small children had a huge problem with the crew on SATA. It started once we passed security, we sat down at the gate and I looked at our boarding passes and I realized both kids both under 4 were seated together at the back of the plane while my husband and I were seated at bulk head seating, I tried to explain the situation and was rudely told "you can figure it out once you board". Once onboard I spoke to the crew about the situation, they told us the flight was full and there was nothing they could do and we weren't allowed to switch with anyone. Eventually a group of wonderful people helped us. Not a good start to our flight. Never again.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  20 September 2013 by B Matos    (Canada)

We travelled recently with SATA from Toronto to Sao Miguel during the flooding in Toronto. It was obviously quite a challenge getting to the airport and once we got there the Terminal was in complete Chaos. The SATA staff were wonderful and helped us in getting our friends teenager from a connecting flight in term 1 to term 3 and onto the flight as expediently as possible.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  2 August 2013 by M Jason    (Canada)

Toronto to Lisbon. Left Toronto on time, although aircraft seemed old and run down. Once in the air leg space and distance between seats was unacceptable for an international flight with no air conditioning. Air crew made the flight even more miserable with all of them being miserable. On the return flight everything turned into a nightmare, arriving in Lisbon, flight had been delayed to 8.00 pm rather than our 1pm departure. Given food vouchers and told we would have a hotel upon arrival in Toronto. Once at the gate our flight changed to 11pm departure, then back to 8. Finally departed at 11.30pm from Lisbon. The crew were very nice and helpful during the flight. Our connecting flight carrier, Westjet had clearly seen this with SATA in the past of connections not being met because of lateness, the Westjet check in staff member in Pearson said it was a common sight. I will refuse to take SATA again.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  25 July 2013 by M Grapnel    (Canada)

2 bad experiences. Toronto to Lisbon return in March 2013. Seats extremely close together. No leg room. Seat ahead of me was able to be reclined far back so the rude passenger in front of me had her head in my lap for the entire daytime return trip to Toronto. Flight attendants took the position that if the seat reclined that far, she had every right to sit in it that way. Seats were broken down and upholstery very worn out so that the seat was uncomfortable in the extreme and caused back ache. There was a big mix up with my luggage during flight change in Lisbon. They claimed that my luggage was not indicated as being on the plane. I spent the 3 hours in Lisbon airport trying to solve this problem with no solution available. In the end, they let me onto the Toronto bound flight and my luggage was there on arrival. Obviously the luggage count was wrong! So much for luggage security.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  9 July 2013 by S Whelan    (Canada)

Terrible Customer Service. Supposed to leave Toronto on 14 June 2013 at 6.40 pm.- instead we left on 15 June at 11.00 am due to a work refusal by the cabin crew. On the return, we were supposed to leave Lisbon at 6.40pm on 28 June - but finally left at 11.30 pm. The Duty Free in Toronto was removed 1 hour before they announced that the flight was delayed - and only 1 hour later did they decide to start to prepare for hotels etc. They knew for several hours that we were not going to leave yet no one from SATA was around - just local ground employees. When we arrived in Lisbon, there was no one to help us - after midnight. The SATA booth was closed when we arrived.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Jani Jansen    (Netherlands)

Worst 2 flights, with an overall 26 hour delay. Only informed about the delay (on both flights) at the time of departure. Fully checked in and waiting at the airport for hours before they told us the plane was delayed. On the flight from Amsterdam to Sao Miguel, after waiting for 3 hours at the airport, we were told at boarding time at the gate that the plane hadn't even left the island yet, so that it wasn't coming until the next day. Add to that that the planes were old, the seats were uncomfortable, the flight attendants hardly spoke English (although they were friendly - albeit not helpful) and the food was terrible. I fly a lot, and the SATA flights seemed like a good deal, but I'll never fly SATA again.

SATA Internacional Customer review :  5 May 2013 by Chris Triggs    (Canada)

Worst airline I have flown. Online check-in requires entry of visa information, even where a visa is not required. I called to inquire about this, and was told to just enter a string of zeros to complete check-in. Plane is tired and very uncomfortable. We ended up caught by SATA's April 23-25, 2013 airline strike. The airline confirmed us (I have the printed confirmation sheets) on a new return flight on April 26, and we changed our (separately booked) connecting flights, at our cost, on the basis of that information. SATA subsequently, without any notice, changed the return flight to April 27, requiring us to again change our connecting flights at further cost. SATA was entirely unsympathetic. Our return flight which should have been Ponta Delgada direct to Toronto, was routed through Boston, requiring us to re-check bags, go through US customs, etc. (and adding 4 hours travel time). In Boston, apparently SATA had neglected to inform security of our flight, so security initially refused to allow us through with Ponta Delgada-Toronto tickets; this took over half an hour to resolve. When we reboarded the plane, it was a mess, as no cleaning was done while it was on the ground. Terrible airline.

SATA Internacional customer review :  26 September 2012 by Michael Stetter   (Germany)

LIS-PDL: Funny enough we had to claim and re-check our bags in LIS (arriving from MUC with TP) even so the SATA Flight operated on a TP code also. Ground crew very helpful and friendly; A310 aircraft well past its prime with very tired seats but clean. Bar service features nice Azorean beer/wine. Sandwich and ice cream served after take-off. The toasted sandwich was the most disgusting piece of food I have seen in years. In general TAP seems to be the better ride to the Azores.

SATA Internacional customer review :  24 September 2012 by Alexios Doukas   (Germany)

Munich - Ponta Delgada and return; stop-over in Porto. Both flights departed on time and arrived slightly ahead of schedule. The crews were caring, friendly and professional. Basic in-flight entertainment (music, film/short videos and information regarding the Azores) which is more than enough for the time one spends on-board. Full meal and drinks service on the Munich - Porto sector, snacks and drinks on the Porto - Ponta Delgada sector. A nice and well-presented magazine with useful information for anyone travelling to the Azores. The ground staff in Ponta Delgada was also very professional and helpful (especially concerning inquires on hurricane Nadine and its effect on our flight). Overall, great value for money, a professional airline, offering basic and good service with a flavour of Azorean culture. It has been a very pleasant experience, I would definitely fly SATA again.

SATA Internacional customer review :  4 September 2012 by D Andrade   (USA)

Our trip from Boston to P.Delgada was ok except for the cramped seating and rude service from flight attendants. On the way back to Boston from P.Delgada was a nightmare for any parent travelling with a 5 yr old boy. They boarded us on time, we took our seats and then waited and waited! Finally after an hour and no take off, SATA informed us that we were waiting on 30 passengers that were still in Santa Maria. My son had started to become inpatient after about an hour and a half so I asked if we could go back into the airport with my child to stretch a little and the attendant told me no. They didn't even play a movie for us. After about 2 agonizing hours the 30 passengers arrived. Finally after boarding us 2.5 hours early the plane was finally ready to take of. Employees are unprofessional and disorganized.

SATA Internacional customer review :  29 August 2012 by Linda Silveira   (USA)

We flew from Faial to Ponta Delaga for a connecting flight into Boston on 08/18/2012. We arrived in Ponta Delgada at 11.45 am and was to board a plane for Boston at 2 pm. Flight S4221 was delayed out of Lisbon and 12 hours later SATA cancelled the flight. Me, my husband and 4 year old daughter helplessly sat at the airport for 12 uneventful and agonizing hours waiting for news! At 12.30 am, they finally informed us that the flight was cancelled and they didn't have enough rooms for everyone. SATA staff should have offered vouchers to families with children first, similar to how airlines handle boarding. SATA was very little help and we were on our own. The next day, other travelers who were lucky enough to get a voucher told us that hotels didn't accept SATA's voucher and that they would have to pay the hotel and the traveller needed to get reimbursed from SATA. At the airport, SATA staff gave some of the travellers a difficult time about getting reimbursed. It was complete and utter chaos.

SATA Internacional customer review :  15 May 2012 by James Rice   (USA)

Boston to Lisbon, their version of business/first class. Unacceptable. We booked this flight as it met our needs and paid the extra for the premium seats so that we could sleep. Our seats row 3 A and C were the only ones that did not recline due to the placement of a closet. We were not allowed to move as they had given the extra seats to non revenue [employees] passengers. I have written to the company many times to complain about this issue but so far no reply.

SATA Internacional customer review :  7 February 2012 by William Nelson   (Canada)

Ponta Delgada to Toronto. As always, the crew were pleasant and helpful but dinner was terrible with no choice and very tough steaks - most were returned uneaten. Club class lounge at Ponta Delgada is poor - one step up from the past couple of years. The use of KLM in Toronto is very pleasant and Lisbon's lounge is lovely.

SATA Internacional customer review :  12 October 2011 by Rita Girzone   (Switzerland)

I flew with Sata Airlines this summer while traveling in the Azores. As there was some difficulty with the online booking of my flight, I called the airline and was assisted by a very kind and helpful representative. Unfortunately, I became ill during my trip and needed to change several flights. All customer service representatives were very courteous, attentive and helpful. The supervisor involved was also very understanding, and flexible waiving the penalties for a flight change due to illness. I very much appreciated these positive experiences with Sata Airlines.

SATA Internacional customer review :  24 August 2011 by Hannah Bale   (UK)

Flights to and from Punta Delgada, 2.5 hr delay outbound should have merited some explanation/apology from ground staff at Gatwick. New plane was comfortable and flight crew friendly and efficient. A shame then that ground handling at Manchester was so awful. Given that this is a weekly flight there should be a better system for dealing with transit passengers.

SATA Internacional customer review :  26 July 2011 by F Stein   (USA)

We found SATA to be better than the major international carriers from the US to Europe. New planes, comfortable seats, good food and excellent friendly service. We took off and landed on time.

SATA Internacional customer review :  21 July 2011 by S Rasmussen   (Denmark)

CPH-FNC return. All flights on time with no delays. Food service was not bad, but certainly not of a good standard. You must pay for alcoholic drinks, this is OK, but prices are unfair. Cabin Attendants were uninterested and not enthusiastic about service. Security procedures in focus.

SATA Internacional customer review :  18 September 2010 by A Medeiros   (USA)

I flew through Lisbon to S. Miguel. The flight from Lisbon was delayed for hours with no reasonable explanation given. However, the most disturbing thing was the attitude of the SATA staff in Lisbon - the most unprofessional personnel I've come across. It was like they were doing passengers a favor by answering our questions and doing their jobs. If they dislike customers and customer service so much, they should find another job. Wish there was another airline flying to the Azores. SATA is unjustifiably expensive, but in order to avoid these guys, I'd be willing to pay a little extra.

SATA Internacional customer review :  15 August 2010 by A Silva   (Canada)

YYZ-PDL-YYZ on old A310. SATA use KLM Airlines Lounge in YYZ which is a top notch facility. Outbound flight was clean and uneventful. FA staff on executive class was friendly and interactive. Meals good and service excellent. We were the third flight arriving on PDL within minutes of each other, two of which from YYZ. PDL is undergoing extensive renovations, passengers were bussed to the terminal. The nightmare began when only two custom officials were available to handle three flights, whilst the automatic digital passport reader on the express lane was out of order. Custom officials did their best to expedite procedures, but SATA ground crew were totally worthless. SATA older A310s are configured to carry 222 passengers, with only 18 on executive class. Although one pays CND$200 extra for the privilege of traveling first class, there is nothing executive about the more spacious 2-2-2 seating arrangement. Upholstery is old and uncomfortable and the entertainment systems (TV and audio) did not work, nor did the inflight map. SATA Executive Lounge in PDL is a little room with few couches with a tiny bar without an attendant and a padlocked refrigerator. I asked one the two attendants at the reception desk if she had cold beer, to with she replied yes. And that was that. FA was the same as two weeks earlier.

SATA Internacional customer review :  22 July 2010 by L Silva   (Canada)

Poor value for the money paid. Two out of three flights taken on the trip were late. Check-in staff in Lisbon were slow. Inadequate meals for transatlantic flights - one hot meal and a muffin. Staff in Ponta Delgada rude and uninformed. I had a question regarding Tax- free claims and was directed to a counter in the SATA lounge. The girl in the lounge then said this was not the spot to go and had no idea about Tax Free program. In the end, the customs agent came in and told her it was her responsibility to call customs to come over and assist in the matter. During the transatlantic flight to Toronto, a male flight attendant was trying to pick up one of the passengers for an evening flight. He would stop and talk to these ladies sitting behind me every 10 mins and spent 20mins talking to them while the other attendants worked. During a 7 hr flight they show 1 movie and the remainder of the time self promoting ads run on the ancient overhead TVs. The only bonus was I got to my destination safely.

SATA Internacional customer review :  21 April 2010 by Maria Pinto   (UK)

My flight to Manchester from Ponta Delgada was cancelled at short notice and staff at the airport in Ponta Delgada were rude, unhelpful and quite arrogant and literally abandoned the passengers. As others have stated, as soon as there is a problem they refuse to help, their website is not good. Customer Service call centre promises to call you back within 48 hours? This is the only airline flying in and out of the islands to the UK (TAP codeshare - which is a convenient joke). You feel trapped as there is no sense of justice trying to deal with an airline which has a monopoly. When you do get to speak with a senior member of staff as I did with several other passengers they laugh in your face and are not at all sincere or interested. All in all very disappointing and I am still grounded with no support or help after five days.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  21 January 2010 : by D Freitas   (Portugal)

I think their service has been getting better. Crew are sympathetic and attentive One thing they could improve is food. The website is very accessible, easy to use and you can book your own seat on their planes - although you can't book it in code-share flights with TAP.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  30 November 2009 : by David Linhares   (UK)

I also have complained to SATA with reference to the cancellation at short notice of my flight London / Manchester to Ponta Delgada and they also have failed to reply to me, even although i have called them several times. This airline has a Customer Service department which really is not good at dealing with issues which inconvenience passengers. What is most frustrating is that they seem to treat customers with sad contempt in making the matter even worse by not responding to passengers or trying to find alternative routes. They cancel your ticket at short notice - and tough!! You really should take care when planning independent holidays with this company as you could be very much out of pocket. There are really no alternatives unless you use TAP via Lisbon but as the previous complainant pointed out SATA doesn't care as they will fully benefit from your Lisbon to Ponta Delgada leg which they operate with expensive tickets. Free trade and competition is desperately needed on this route.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  18 November 2009 : by Patrick Tierney   (UK)

Yet again SATA has cancelled its London / Manchester to Ponta Delgada flights with little notice and making no effort to assist passengers who have had to either cancel their plans completely, or alternatively book expensive last minute flights between London via Lisbon which means they fully benefit from the ticket between Lisbon and Ponta Delgada. I have complained about the situation to Customer Services (they don't know the meaning of the word) and the European Commission as have my friends, and no one as usual receives a reply from the airline. Please be aware that this company has a complete monopoly on certain routes in and out of these islands (sometimes with a TAP codeshare) and you are at their mercy. They do not respond to complaints properly (or at all in many cases) particularly if something is serious. Open competition will come to these routes soon and maybe then this airline will have to treat its customers with respect. If you do actually fly with them on a flight you will find service standards to be good.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  14 October 2009 : by W Gordon   (UK)

LGW-PDL-LGW. One flight a week from Gatwick to Ponta Delgada. Very friendly crew on outbound and return, meals adequate, drinks adequate. Staff in Ponta Delgada very helpful. Good value flights, shame that their Euro 50 last minute upgrade didn't apply to London legs. Business was empty both ways.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  1 September 2009 : by Francisco Alves   (USA)

A310-300 flight from PDL to BOS. The aircraft had to detour to Santa Maria because fuel in PDL was contaminated. The flight to BOS was torture : cabin was very hot and there was no effort to cool it down. There are no individual air blowers for each passenger so things became miserable. Passengers were using magazines to try and cool off and turning the light fixtures thinking that they were air controls. The pitch between seats was very small (I was unable to read a book when the passenger in front pushed back their seat). On a long flight from the Azores to Boston there was one meal and one beverage service in economy. The sound systems for passengers was not working so no one was able to listen to the movie not tune in audio channels. The crew sat in the back and chatted.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  17 August 2009 : by A O'Mahoney   (Ireland)

Dublin to Faro return on a charter flight with SATA and was impressed. The staff were professional and service very good. Seats were reasonably comfortable and plane was modern. There was even a complimentary food and drink service onboard which was a pleasant surprise.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  13 July 2009 : by Dário Serrão   (Portugal)

FNC-LPA-FNC economy. The checkin was pleasant and efficient at both ends and the inflight service perfectly acceptable. The seats gave me enough room even though I am over 6ft. Crew professional. All in all the experience was better than I expected and I would be happy to fly SATA again.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  27 June 2009 : by Sergio Soares   (Portugal)

I have travelled between Lisbon and Punta Cana and both trips were ok. The crew was quite sympathetic. The seats were comfortable and the movies that were played during both flights were good. Both flights were on time.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  26 May 2009 : by D Freitas  (Portugal)

I use them frequently between Madeira Island and Lisbon. Their product is better than TAP or SATA Internacional. Food better than standard, attentive cabin crew, confortable chairs and generally on time. Only thing they can improve is by making some renovations in their planes as they are already showing their age.

SATA INTERNACIONAL  review :  17 March 2009 : by Paul Turner  (UK)

Manchester to Ponta Delgada return. We were pleasantly surprised. Both flights left and arrived on time. Although there was no choice, the food was good and tasty. The cabin crew were excellent and looked as though they enjoyed their jobs. Seat pitch was better than many European carriers I have used. IFE a dead loss. If entertainment is important to you, bring your own.