SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by C Arnesen    (Canada)

ARN-FRA in Y. Flight departed Stockholm a few minutes late, but made up en route and arrived on time in Frankfurt. Crew attentive and polite, but not obnoxiously or insincerely smiley. Announcements in English on this flight were oddly shorter and less substantive than Swedish; fine for me and most other Swedes on the flight (admittedly the majority of passengers that morning), but would likely by noticeable to English-speakers. Coffee/soft drinks free. Meals for purchase were reasonably priced and looked quite good. No issues with hold or hand luggage. LH offers a better product from ARN-FRA, but for a short flight, schedule and price sensibly prevails.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

I travelled on September 19 from Barcelona, Spain to Oslo, Norway on SK4686 (13.20-16.40). I had made reservations in SAS Plus (former Business Class) and was seated on 2F. The aircraft used on this service was a Boeing 737-800W. The general impression, though travelling in SAS Plus, is that of a low-cost airline. The generally very good impression of SAS cabin staff was missing on this flight, no spirit and nothing extra. It seemed to just be another ordinary day on duty without any enthusiasm and lack of special attention to the passengers. There are no longer any free middle-seat in SAS Business Class (now named SAS Plus). This particular flight was fully booked in SAS Plus so the comfort was not good. When boarding the aircraft in Barcelona it was extremely hot in the cabin, no air-condition were available until slightly before pushback from the gate. This particular aircraft did not have a SAS interior (different seats, colour, panels etc). The seat pitch was very limited but the seats were however much more comfortable than SAS ordinary seats. The in-flight service started about 25 minutes after departure with the choice of a cold sandwich, salad or a hot vegetarian pizza-slice, all meals served in a paper box. I choose the salad, which on this flight was a chicken salad. To my opinion the salad was not tasteful and tasted like all the other salads that SAS offers on intra-European flights - definitely a much lower quality than to be expected by a Star Alliance member. After an additional 15-20 minutes drinks were served, i.e. no good timing or thought-through service. Pre-dinner drinks, after the meal, strange? After an additional 3-5 minutes coffee and tea was served, without even being able to take two sips of my pre-meal drink. I travel with SAS quite a lot but unfortunately I must admit that the quality of the product offered is not good and can not be compared what the other Star Alliance members offer. I'm on the verge to no longer recommend SAS Scandinavian Airlines.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Steve Kohler    (Sweden)

Stockholm to Dublin flight (SK0172). SAS is saving money whilst ripping off and inconveniencing their passengers at the same time. It's not until one flies the same leg several times that the pattern becomes clear. I've flown this leg several times and every single time SAS uses the Ryanair gates of the terminal, and parks out on the apron with no skybridge. It's the furthest possible distance to the arrivals hall, 10-15 minutes walk, and they do it because its the cheapest for them. SAS prices are the same if not more expensive than the other carriers, yet they use the cheapest gates. Most national carriers provide free food and beverages which one should expect when paying premium prices. Not so with SAS. You pay the full airfares with them but get nothing except a cup of water or a cup of coffee (which they are proud to say is free). There is simply no difference in service between Ryanair and SAS on this route, except one. The Cost. Ryanair will charge you around €50 for this flight. SAS will charge you around €300 for the very same flight and service. It's an insult to passengers. I've never been a huge fan of Ryanair but at least they charge appropriately for the limited service you get. As Scandinavia's National carrier, SAS should be ashamed of such miserly no-frills service when they are charging their passengers full fare. Imagine how much they are saving by parking on the apron instead of using a gate. And then add that saving to the full fares that their 200 passengers pay, even though Ryanair does it the same way and charges their passengers only around 15% of the SAS price. Outrageous and disgusting.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by S Rabin    (USA)

SFO-CPH-BRU. SAS feels kind of cheap. Flew in Business Class, but aircraft (A340) dated and worn, seat uncomfortable (slanted lie flat, kept slipping down, and being 6 ft tall, my feet hung over the end). The entertainment system didn't work at first-took over an hour before they re-booted the system, and then the system is shut off about 40 minutes before the flight ends. Movie choices were somewhat limited. Service was professional, but almost laughably so, like they were pretending: the trolleys had to come out exactly at the same time and move at the same time, the flight attendants made sure you knew they poured the drinks with one hand behind the back. Food was bland and unexciting. On the connecting flight within Europe, they don't offer a regular meal in Biz as on other full-service airlines; they do allow you to choose from their buy-on-board menu for free, but this generally is not worth it - sandwiches and the like.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Steve Gallagher    (UK)

MAN-CPH-EWL. First flight (MAN-CPH) very basic on an ageing plane with uninterested staff just an average Euro-hop flight so not expected anything different. CPH-EWL seats (premium economy) cramped, staff very, very poor. Ordered a drink package from their 'deals menu' didn't served everything in the deal, had to explain to two stewards what the deal was - the first looked at me like I was trying to con them! Inflight video experience very poor! I thought it was a very tired airline, aircraft and staff. However where they absolutely excelled in their dire customer service when we were coming home - US Eastern seaboard hit by a major storm. Our connection was delayed for 5 hrs - contacted their sales team to explain we needed to change flights they refused to help. After nearly an hour of explaining we had young children with us and the whole eastern flight network was delayed they agreed if we paid £567 per person - yep you read that right £567 they would change our flights. In the end had to purchase a flight with Air Lingus to get home. I have flown SAS for over 15 years but will never fly them again. I cannot believe how poor their service was and how inflexible they were. Given the flight I was supposed to get was 3 hours late its self not sure why they would argue with me.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by D Sanders    (USA)

This was definitely our first and last trip using SAS. We purchased and booked our vacation flights 9 months in advance. SAS is part of Star Alliance and we've had good experiences in the past. Outgoing, we left Chicago for Vienna, connecting in Stockholm. Our return flight was from Munich to Chicago, connecting in Copenhagen. On our outgoing flight, we were not allowed to select seat assignments until 22 hours before flight left. We were successful in checking in and finding seats together for both legs of the trip. But the way home was miserable. We could not check in at all before our flights. Online, it seemed we were allowed to make our seat choices for the Copenhagen to Chicago leg (we thought we were successful), but not for Munich to Copenhagen. But when we checked in at Munich, not only were our seat assignments different than selected, we were 7 rows apart. We tried to corrected the problem in Munich talking to several different service people, but were told the Munich and Copenhagen computers were not compatible. When we arrived in Copenhagen (we had only 50 minutes between flights) we were told an error had occurred and were reassigned, only to find out we were in the very last row with some kind of electronic box blocking half of the leg room and the crew activity bumping us every few minutes of our 9 hour flight. Judging the number of people in line at the service desk in Copenhagen, there were a lot of problems. We just think having booked so far in advance, our seat assignments would have been better. The plane was old, seats uncomfortable, food was awful, the crew unfriendly. Never again!

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by M Boon    (USA)

Flight from Oslo, Norway, to Newark was cancelled after passengers spent two hours on the tarmac and over five hours in the international terminal. There was very little communication between the airlines and the passengers as there was only one SAS employee who was overwhelmed. When the flight was finally cancelled, SAS did not inform the passengers. It was noted on the airport board "cancelled" by a passenger. Although a satisfactory hotel and dinner was provided, information about how to get the luggage and where to get the shuttle was ineffectively communicated to the scattered passengers by the same single employee. When we inquired as to how to find our new itineraries before leaving the airport, the same employee said that SAS knew best and it was best for passengers to go to the hotel, eat and get a good nights sleep before worrying about tomorrow's travels. When I tried to call customer service, it had closed at 6. I happen to be at the hotel desk, when a representative from the airlines called to leave my new itinerary along with the elderly passenger. Since SAS had me returning to a different airport (JFK), I asked to speak with the representative. The SAS employee on the phone was extremely rude. All in all, I appreciate that the plane was unable to fly and, therefore, grounded. This happens. But, the handling of the situation was incompetent, confusing, and employees were rude.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Thomas    (Sweden)

On booking I was given no alternative but to take a full-fare economy flight FRA-ARN with SAS on Mon 25 August if I wanted to return that evening. I was told on check-in at La Paz that it had been upgraded to Business Class which would have been welcomed after 26 hours travelling on two international sectors earlier. On boarding flight SK638 at FRA I found the seats to be exactly the same size and configuration as in economy class, and every seat was to be occupied i.e. including the middle ones or all 15 seats. Yet the economy cabin itself was only one- third full and there were many rows with no passengers at all. Why was I then forced to pay a full-fare economy to fly that evening? We at SAS Plus were offered an alternative of either a chicken or cheese sandwich only, and only then asked if we wanted anything else. When I asked what else was available I was shown the menu turned specially to the pages listing snacks with prices, which I declined considering it an insult on business class of a non-budget airline. Yet I saw about 4-6 full-meal trays handed to an economy flight attendant. The meal clearance was conducted within 10 minutes of the completion of the meal serving. Soon after I spotted the business class attendants in the galley eating a full-meal tray each. Later I noticed that this was the evening meal on the menu which was meant as complimentary for business class (SAS Plus) passengers. Why were the flight attendants - including those in economy cabin - eating our meal entitlement, never even having offered it to us? Shameful behaviour! The menu, in-flight magazine and safety card were dog-eared and very old looking. The male flight attendant in business class had not shaved that morning - which is quite different from having trimmed facial hair. These are small symptoms of an airline in decline. I think SAS could understudy Thai Airways, even though decades ago Thai had understudied SAS.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Bohman Andreas    (Sweden)

Stockholm to Newark. Staff friendly and attentive as is often the case with SAS - might not be over the top but I think they are pretty consistent nowadays in my experience. Seats and layout are still the old one which is starting to show its age. IFE is nothing to write home about, so keen to see what the 2015 upgrade will look like. Seats are still surprisingly comfortable, but they are not full-flat. Food and service is very good though, and I think they have done a great job on drinks selection. For the main meal I had a very nice salmon starter, followed by an good chicken dish, and a nice selection of cheese for dessert. The light 2nd meal was a shrimp salad with a mango cheesecake. Overall very good. Flight was slightly delayed from Stockholm but they gain back time in the air so landed early at Newark. SAS provides a pretty solid, if ageing, business class service from Stockholm to the US. Not necessarily top ranking, but when convenience is taken into account this is a good choice.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Sean McCarthy    (UK)

MAN-OSLO-ARN, 15th August 2014, SASgo. Seat comfort acceptable - new style space saver. Free coffee/tea. Staff professional but not overly friendly. Had a 35 min connection in Oslo, which given its size was worrying, but flight to Stockholm was held for 10 mins for connecting pax. Short flight to Stockholm was similar to the previous flight.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Mary Matteson-Parrish    (USA)

We paid $1600+ for two what we thought were business class seats only to find there are none on this flight from Dublin to Copenhagen on A320 on Sunday July 13th. Not only were we assigned supposedly economy plus in the front row, but I was sandwiched in the middle seat, my husband at the window, with some other male full of elbows in the aisle seat. We feel we were royally ripped off. Our complaint to SAS has gone unanswered. At best we feel we should not have been charged more than the SAS Plus fare which amounts to slightly less than $1000. SAS excuse was that since it was a European flight our tickets were considered X business class.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by A Elliott    (Ireland)

Flew with SAS from DUB to CPH a week ago. Check-in was easy and smooth and the flight left on time. However, from there on, things got disappointing. Since the flight was the most expensive one, I expected better service than LCC level buy-on-board service which was offered. Also, seat comfort was terrible due to the aircraft having those awful Recaro Slimline Seats which are possibly the most uncomfortable things in the sky. Even Ryanair is better than this and they charge a reasonable fare unlike SAS. This is poor value for money. This really lets them down as their crews are very friendly and helpful. What also lets them down is their chaotic hub at CPH. Arriving and departing passengers are not separated and therefore, it is a bit difficult to find the baggage reclaim area and it takes a long time to get there. Furthermore, the airport is clearly understaffed as we were stuck in the queue at immigration for 15 minutes + which is unacceptable given that the airport had only 1 out of 4 passport control booths open at the time. I would fly SAS again but only if they are cheaper than any other option because the value for money is poor and the comfort is poor.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Lesley Paschalaki    (Greece)

August 1st, MAN-OSL-ATH. Online check in took two minutes and got overwing exits on both flights. No queue to drop bags. Left 30 mins late due to missing pax but made up most of it. Crew on both flights friendly and coffee flowed freely! Leg room excellent. Just like the outward flights three weeks earlier flying as it should be!

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by H Oberbeckmann    (Germany)

We were flying ARN-DUS on SK2627, August 7th. Check-In was easy through their Smartphone app, we also used the terminals to print our own baggage tags and dropped the bags. The staff were always friendly, on the ground and on board. The flight was operated by their affiliate Blue 1 with a B717, a little older, but in a good shape. Seat pitch was good, better than with low cost airlines. Coffee and Tea were free, anything else had to be purchased. Food quality was good and the total price I paid for my flight was low, so I was ok with spending some extra money on a snack. All in all, the flight was a really good experience and I can just recommend this airline to anyone flying to or through the Scandinavian countries.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by A Jankowsky    (New Zealand)

Copenhagen check-in terminal printed boarding pass with no seat assigned. Bag drop off resulted in questioning about contents of bag - fishing equipment apparently a problem so bag brought to special bag desk who are confused and say that fishing equipment is no problem and even frozen fish is fine. Boarding pass rejected at gate - new pass grudgingly issued with comment 'you must have done it incorrectly'. Given the simplicity of the check-in terminal there is nothing you can really do wrong and a pass should not be issued without an assigned seat. Flight delayed slightly but otherwise fine if basic with no entertainment system. Bag lost en-route to Dublin. SAS baggage help desk in Dublin does not answer phone calls or return calls when messages are left. Rang the SAS helpline and they can't help - tell me to ring baggage help desk. 3 days later the bag arrives. Not good enough.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Mike Statham    (UK)

I had a pleasant flight from LHR to Oslo then from Oslo to Evenes Harstad/Narvik on 10th July and returned back again on 7th August. Just a few comments hopefully might help though, free drinks Coffee, Tea and water that would be nice. I have flown now three times with this airline and had no problems, hopefully they will be just as helpful when I take my dog with me next year.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Grant Thomas    (Australia)

This was my first and last flight with SAS, SK834, CDG to OSL. I thought that the airline would run as smooth as possible but from check-in at CDG where the staff member was on her phone for the entire process, until the disgusting meal that was presented to me left me with a distinctly unpleasant taste in my mouth. I was told that I had paid for a business class eat but they were done away with in 2013 and so I was in what they call SAS Plus Full Flex. Never again SAS - will take whatever other options I have including a train in an effort to avoid them.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by H Masha    (Russia)

CPH-SVO in SAS Plus. Extremely satisfied with everything. Smooth check-in and priority security control. Good service and very tasty food. Definitely worth paying a little bit more for SAS Plus. Landing 20 minutes before schedule.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Lesley Paschalaki    (Greece)

July 11th, ATH-CPH-MAN. Online check in a breeze and walked straight up to the bag drop and finished in 2 minutes. No queue at security either. Both flights more or less on time, the overwing exit seat had plenty of legroom and the crew were friendly and professional. Easy connection at CPH. Two of the easiest and most enjoyable flights I've had for a long time.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by O Hendrik    (Germany)

July 31st on SK2626. We had a good flight with SAS (operated by Blue1) on a Boeing 717. Check-In with their app was easy and baggage drop at the airport went fast. We reserved seats at the emergency exit which was very good because they had lots of space for our legs. The staff were very friendly and the drinks and snacks had standard prices. Unfortunately we were a little late (50 minutes) so that our transfer at the destination was not as easy as expected. But nonetheless I would definitely recommend this airline to anyone travelling to and from Scandinavia.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by John Peterson    (USA)

Round trip from Dulles to Copenhagen. Check in at Dulles was rather easy with checking in one bag at the counter and carrying on our other small suitcases. At the gate the staff were a little confusing and boarding a little chaotic. Our seats were next to a window and there was sufficient leg room for me as I am 6 ft’4 and obviously sensitive to cramped quarters. On the outgoing flight the flight attendants were a little hurried. The inflight entertainment was dated and limited and there wasn't any play/pause controls for the movies so you wound up joining a film that already started. The food was fair and on the bland side and beer and wine ran about $10 for a glass. Later on breakfast was served and it was terrible and I noticed that many guests skipped eating most of it as did I. Our return trip started off on the wrong foot as the check in kiosk required a number that was not on my e-ticket and I had to wait in line for check in assistance. After that I had to wait again to check my one bag and was told that our carry-ons now exceeded the weight limit and we had to check them both for $109. Not having the time to dispute and with a long line behind us I just paid the fee and decided to move on. The departure gate was chaotic as well, the food bad as before and the same tired movies were on the flight as well. Two plusses were that we arrived at Dulles 25 minutes early and the flight crew was a lot more friendly. Would I fly SAS again? Probably not.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Holmstrom    (Sweden)

Had a flight with SAS from Stockholm to Skelleftea in Northern Sweden that was operated by a 737-600. The plane had the newer SICMA seats which is quite comfortable but lacks the cup-holder in the tray-table. The free coffee was good as well as the punctuality.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by I Bromfield    (USA)

I flew Newark to Copenhagen to Venice. Once I arrived in Venice, my luggage did not show up. I went to the baggage claim and there were at least 10 others in line who also lost their luggage and we discovered that they all started in Newark too. Most of the people in line were leaving for a cruise the next morning. The baggage claim said we would get our bags in two days. After the two days were up, I tried calling every hour, when I finally got a hold of someone they were very unhelpful and just told me to check the website. They didn't even locate my bag until 4 days after my trip. And even after they located my bag, I didn't get it for another 3 days. This airline ruined my vacation. The staff on the plane were very friendly though and the food wasn't that bad. Inflight Entertainment was terrible.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Margaret Sheard    (UK)

This was my first flight with SAS. Because it is a Scandinavian airline I had assumed that everything would run smoothly and efficiently. Up to a point it did. On my outward flight I asked for a coffee and was given a beaker and sachet of milk: no coffee materialised. But my main complaint must lie in the non-arrival of mine and several other people's luggage on the return trip into Manchester. Two days later it has still not arrived and the only response from the baggage handlers is that when it is finally located it "will be repatriated". An automated response system is useless, frustrating and annoying.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Niels Solberg    (Norway)

Travelled SAS, SK4603 from Oslo to Dublin, Ir. Excellent journey, pleasant staff and food was tasty and plenty. Seats a bit hard, but flight was only 2 hours long.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Doig John    (UK)

Outbound EDI/OSL, 30 June, return ARN/EDI, 10 July 2014. Booked in Economy GO. Both flights on B737. The seating was satisfactory for these shortish flights, however the leg room was somewhat lacking. The cabin crew on both sectors were very professional in their approach to the job. Tea / coffee is included in the GO fare, snacks are available from a pay on board cart. SAS prefer you to pay be credit card. (similar to some of their Star partners) Check in at EDI was at best fair, a 25 minutes wait, not enough staff to deal with a full flight. Check in at ARN was good, as a 'Star Gold' I was able to use the Business line & desks which speeded things up. I was also able to use the SAS Business Lounge at ARN which at the time of travel was stocked with various breakfast items. Outbound the flight operated around 30 minutes late. Inbound the flight arrived just ahead of schedule. Baggage retrieval was slow both at OSL and again at EDI on return, around a 30 minute wait. I have used SAS before and will probably use them again, however the overall experience might be better if I carried cabin baggage only!

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by K Saxon    (USA)

I recently had a one way flight from CPH to CDG. The flight itself was not terrible, but the process of checking my bags was. I had planned on checking only one bag and carrying two. As soon as I got to the bag drop counter, an SAS employee came up and told me I have to check one of my carry-on bags as well. It's not like either bag was huge. I fly frequently with the same carry-on bags and have never had a problem before. So besides the inconvenience and extra unexpected cost of rearranging and checking a second bag, the trip was fairly smooth, however, the seat was fairly hard and uncomfortable. I am a furniture designer and can tell you that the lumbar support was in the wrong place. I am six feet tall, which is a very average height, and it seemed too high. Reclining didn't help matters because of how hard the seat was. I could not get comfortable in the chair throughout the entire trip. There was no entertainment as it was a 2 hour flight, which also was on time.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Joerg Boese    (Germany)

Copenhagen-Hamburg, economy. Just when you thought standards could not get lower SAS exceeds your expectations. I had booked a flight between CPH and HAM. The flight was delayed due to crew rotation problems. The plane, a very old ATR72, was in the colours of Jet Time, a small Danish charter airline. It was parked at the most distant gate in the sun. Copenhagen had a hot summer day, the outside temperatures were around 30C. The plane stood in the sun without any power supply, thus no ventilation or air condition was working. It must have been around 35 to 40 degrees in the cabin, everyone was dripping sweat. And we had to wait and wait for two SAS pilots, who were obviously needed in Hamburg. SAS had delayed this flight to get their pilots into Hamburg. We left about 35 minutes late. The seats were extremely narrow, service consisted of the 125ml orange juice package. Never again.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Olsen    (Norway)

SK907, 17 May 2014, SK908, 24 May 2014. The seat was ok, to New York a day flight, but on the way back the recline was not good. And the heat in the cabin was terribly hot. The business class meals are good, very tasty and the crew serve them with pride. But plastic wrapped over the first course and salad, not good. A very good thing SAS provides is the little very nice buffet with drinks, snacks etc. Finally the restrooms in business class is huge! 2 windows and you actually turn around in there.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Ann Tahhan    (Ireland)

I recently travelled from Dublin to Tel Aviv via Copenhagen with SAS. The fares were very reasonable, 5 of us round trip just under 3000 euros. However I can honestly say I will avoid travelling with SAS again. Aeroplanes so basic. Hard uncomfortable chairs. Only free coffee or tea on a night flight which was over four hours from Copenhagen to Tel Aviv. There was a problem and we were stuck 3 hours on the runway before we flew. We weren't offered a cold drink even. So seven hours later I was delighted to get off this plane. We bought a salad for 4 people which cost up to 60 euro and none of us ate it. It was disgusting. The flight attendants seemed miserable and couldn't wait to get off the plane. A horrible experience. Not even a soft pillow for the flight. I know I'm right as I compared it to my return trip via Turkish Airlines. Now they know how to treat their customers. Beautiful plane. Friendly staff. A meal on flight with drinks. Soft warm seats with pillows. TV screens with wide range of entertainment. Transfer staff available. Up Turkish airways. Never again SAS.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

I travelled from Zurich (Switzerland) to Stockholm Arlanda (Sweden) on June 26. As normal the flight departed and arrived according to schedule. This flight was operated by a Boeing 737-800W and I was seated in SAS Plus, seat 3F. This particular flight was one out of three flights departing more or less at the same time from Zurich to the three Scandinavian capitals and we taxied out behind the Airbus A321 bound for Copenhagen. As always staff service was excellent. The food was identical to the food served on my flight to Zurich the previous day. The food was ok, but nothing more. No IFE and limited seat comfort, but on this particular occasion ok, since I had a free middle seat in my seat-row. With slightly more comfortable seats and better food I would have been giving higher credits, since it in fact was an overall good experience.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Siebers Robert    (New Zealand)

Flew Narita to Copenhagen. After reading many bad reviews I was apprehensive. However, pleasantly surprised. Seats were reasonably comfortable, meals were OK (despite having no choice), and the flight staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. Only gripe is that the movies were on a continuous loop rather than on demand. Flew a week later from Copenhagen to London. Again pleasant flight with efficient flight staff. Will fly with SAS again.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by T Tobiassen    (Norway)

OSL-EWR (Newark) Return. Nice seats, much better legroom than Go (economy). Good dinner from OSL, tasteless on the way back. Lots of snacks and drinks, all the time. Small AVOD-screen and no subtitles on the Movies. Both legs on time. Staff did well, smiling both ways. Lights on too early before arrival at OSL! Good value compared to economy - only get one soft-drink free of charge. Horrible immigration at EWR. Smooth deplaning in OSL, priority-tags on bags meant they were on the belt as we arrived. Would like to fly again!

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

I travelled on SK606 from Zurich Airport (Switzerland) to Stockholm Arlanda Airport (Sweden) on June 12. This flight was operated by Blue1 with a Boeing 717 and I was seated on 2F in SAS Plus (former Business Class). The service from the staff was good and the seats were relatively comfortable. No IFE was offered. The food is very far from what to expect in Business Class, a salad served out of a paper box and to my opinion not tasteful. With a better food experience this could have been a good experience.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by P Wellstead    (UK)

I flew from Manchester to Narvik about a week ago with SAS. On the outward journey SAS changed flight times without notice, giving insufficient time to make the transfer in Oslo. We missed our connecting flight. The SAS staff I spoke to about my missed connection were (with two exceptions) uninterested, unhelpful and sometimes misleading. We got to our destination in the end, but in future I would be cautious about using SAS - e.g. only on single leg trips, and with regular checking for changes in departure schedules.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by L Beck    (USA)

Flew from Newark, NJ directly to Copenhagen, Denmark using SAS both there and back. There were a lot of things to like about this airline. On an 8 hour flight, we were served 2 meals free that were hot and surprisingly delicious. A complimentary water bottle was provided, as was a pillow, blanket, and headphones. We got one free soda (or juice) during the first meal. After each meal, we were offered a free hot beverage - either tea or coffee. The fact that we were allowed one free checked bag was phenomenal, and meant there was actually room to stow belongings in the overhead compartment. On my way back to the US, my suitcase was about 5lbs over the 50lb limit and they let it slide. Planes (including the restrooms) were well-maintained and about as comfortable as any other plane I've been on. Nothing to write home about, though. The staff was friendly, although I did not ask more anything additional. US airlines have a lot to live up to when compared directly to airlines like SAS. One complaint I do have to complain about is the movie and video entertainment, which was a little sub-par. The movies they had available for viewing were extensive, however they were on a continuous loop rather than direct streaming. This meant that you could not pause, and if the movie had already been started (as they were at the beginning of the flight) you could not return to the beginning. There was no way to determine when each movie would once again start from the beginning, so this was very annoying. I suggest bringing a book or sleeping. On the way to Denmark, the plane's engine was quite a bit louder than those of usual planes, but I did not encounter this on the return flight, so it may have just been the one plane. On the return flight to Newark, the on-plane cameras were not working, so take-off and landing could not be watched through those. This was more of a "bonus" though anyway (just a cool thing to see) so I didn't really miss it that much. Overall, an excellent experience with this airline - even in economy!

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Pranav Sharma    (India)

I flew from TXL-ARN on a 737-400 aircraft. It was a full flight but the seats were comfortable. The FA's were nice and friendly. A choice of coffee or tea was served. Any other choice had to be paid for. Overall it was a nice journey and I would fly SAS again.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by D Holden    (Sweden)

Flew ARN-SFT-ARN. Check-in was easy on the self-service machines and I used my EuroBonus card as a ticket. Seats are good for short-haul flights, coffee and tea are complimentary with other snacks and drinks available for purchase at reasonable prices and the cabin crew do their job professionally. Both flights landed ten minutes ahead of schedule. For the price and service I think SAS are better value for money than flying with Norwegian. Nothing to complain about.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

5 June - DUS-OSL-TROMSO, 737-800 from Dusseldorf departed on time. Boarding was a mess as they just let everyone board - but they were Lufthansa employees - not SAS. Flight attendants really friendly. BOB but I had brought food on as I know its $$ on SAS. Smooth flight and landed on time. No entertainment but the views from the plane were entertaining enough. Never been to Norway before so had to claim my luggage and go through customs then recheck my bag in the departure hall. Went quickly and through security. 737-600 to Tromso - flight scheduled at 22.05 departure but was listed as final boarding at 21.35 so ran to the gate. Stairs boarding which I love and again - very friendly crew. Departed on time and non-stop sunshine on the flight to Tromso. Arrival at 23.55.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by A Gohil    (UK)

Took SAS from JTR (Santorini) to Oslo and then onto London Heathrow (LHR) on June 1, 2014. SAS flight was delayed by over 6 hours in JTR. No credible reason provided by airline. Heard about all kinds of reasons such as plane arrival delay, technical problem, door not closing etc. Eventually plane takes off 6 hours late from JTR to Oslo. Pilot informs us in mid-flight that the plane will have to make a stop in Munich for crew change. All 70+ passengers were fully frustrated with the sheer incompetence of SAS staff and the lack of proper communication to the passengers. Majority of passengers were flying to LHR from Oslo. However, SAS would not help make arrangements from Munich to LHR for any of the passengers. Instead told passengers to wait 2 more hours in Munich and get back on the plane to Oslo. Lost complete faith in SAS' ability to get its passengers home in a timely manner. No care of duty shown towards its passengers. SAS had no staff providing any info in JTR airport nor in Munich. Limited communication from Lufthansa reps on behalf of SAS at the gate in Munich. My family and I decided to abandon our SAS flight in Munich and ended up buying separate tickets from Munich to LHR on British Airways. Not sure if I will ever fly SAS.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by S Rasmussen    (Lithuania)

I use the VNO-CPH-VNO flight about once every month. SAS prices on this route are only going one way - up. A return ticket will set you back around €400, which in my opinion is a rip-off for a 1.15 flight cramped in a CRJ900. Funnily enough, a return ticket from VNO to LHR via CPH on same departures from VNO is exactly the same price. Onboard services are the usual low-cost standards: everything except tea or coffee is completely overpriced. As long as there is no competition on this route things are unlikely to change. Only good thing left about SAS is that there a no hidden extras in the ticket price itself, and there are no charges for luggage.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by F Schmidt    (Sweden)

Flew ARN-TXL, before boarding ripped off for having slight excess baggage which has never happened to me before. Unfriendly service, very small legroom, no drinks, no food, nothing. However, the flight was on time and the check-in went quickly. For this price I could have taken a budget airline which delivers more value.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by F Rosa    (Philippines)

Rode SAS 4 times in two weeks. The first series was AMS-ARN-FRA. It was a back and forth route but was cheaper than other airlines. Check-in was fast. Boarding was on time. Crew was friendly. The seats were a bit uncomfortable. They didn't serve food, even drinks, which was a disappointment, water cost 3 euros. It changed my mood when we landed ahead of schedule. The second series was ZUR-OSL-CDG. Again a back and forth route, again cheaper. The plane for the latter route was run down and so old they still had ashtrays. The seat leather was coming off. Again food was quite expensive, not even a snack for a two and a half hour flight. No entertainment whatsoever onboard. Not exactly what I expected from this airline.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by G Swarray    (Norway)

I travelled with SAS last year, CPH-SFO. My experience was terrible, the plane was old, and the seat didn't look so good. The worst thing was that we had to wait 2 hours after the boarding, because of some technical problems.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by G Ward    (UK)

I took an SAS flight as the schedule would better suit my schedule. However the flight was massively delayed due to technical problems and swapping planes. Despite starting in Scandinavia where you think they could react quickly with technical staff or alternative planes. I have flown with SAS a couple of times a year for the last decade. Unfortunately the service has become really poor over the last few years.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by H Jensen    (Denmark)

FRA-CPH & AGP-CPH. Budget carrier in most aspects, extremely overpriCed food/drinks, crew is acceptable but can seem arrogant and careless about their job - more busy chatting to each other than giving service. Seats rather cramped. Good information from flightdeck and free newspapers plus coffee/tea.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Joe Coyle    (Ireland)

DUB-CPH, everything relaxed and easy, food is the normal Scandinavian prices so wasn't really that shocked, flight was early arriving and the flight times were good. I'd recommend flying with them.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by J Doss    (Denmark)

Flew Beijing to Copenhagen with Scandinavian Airlines. Seats are uncomfortable and staff are very unfriendly. One free soft drink only even on long haul flights, and no extra snacks in addition to the bad meals they served. The inflight entertainment is terrible, very old fashioned, cannot play movies on demand, you just have to hope the movie you want to watch is starting at the right time. Hardly any movies to choose from either.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by L Maxime    (France)

I flew from Paris to Bergen (norway), and also did the return trip with SAS. The planes seemed good, the seating was alright, the staff were very friendly (I started having a serious nosebleed and was running out of tissues, a flight attendant came to me and asked if I needed help). The price/quality ratio seemed pretty good to me (booked directly with them). There was no in-flight entertainment, no fancy screens in the seat or anything, but I had brought my laptop so I can't say I really cared about that.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Marcin Spiewak    (Poland)

Flight CPH-NRT-CPH, economy. Terrible flights. I fly very often with Lufthansa but I took SAS due to good connections to Japan. I will never choose SAS on long haul flights. Entertainment system was down on the flight to Japan. On the way back, entertainment system was so old fashioned that it was not video on demand. I've never seen an entertainment system like this. Meals terrible, only one soft dring was free, if you want more drinks you have to pay. On long haul flights I experienced this for the first time. Seats uncomfortable, very difficult to seat due to hardness. Staff not friendly at all.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by R Strauss    (Denmark)

The SAS service from London to Copenhagen is the best value for money you can get. It's reasonably priced, and you fly with a responsible airline, and what appears to be well trained pilots and crew. They are always extremely professional, and yet relaxed in the Scandinavian way. Most importantly, they are reliable like no other airline I have ever flown. They arrive and depart on time, there are no hidden fees (or agendas), and you are never in any doubt if they will care for their passengers or not. I will definitely recommend them.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by R Inque    (Japan)

Flew from CPH to NRT in April 2014. The entertainment system was broken and we had no entertainment the whole way. Did they bend the rules to make up for it? No, not at all. I'm a frequent traveler all over the world and I've never experienced something close to this. They specifically tell you that you can only get one soft drink for free. You have to pay for anything after that. We flew for 10.5 hours with no entertainment and the only free thing was a can of soda. The two meals were so minimal and there was absolutely no snack served (not even peanuts or pretzel). The way the staff handled this situation was questionable. Engineers tried to fix the entertainment system, but SAS decided not to spend more time on it and take off as scheduled. One of the cabin crews said something like "I'm sure you also agree that getting to the destination on-time should be prioritized". I don't disagree, but the issue here is that the system is outdated and it's been a known issue for a long time. Instead of acknowledging it, it sounded as if SAS wanted to make it look like it came from passengers. For Europe-Asia intercontinental flights, there are other airlines that do a much better job and prices are the same or the difference is small. I'm sure everybody wants to pay the cheapest fare, but it ends up pretty the same if you buy drinks/snacks on board, especially if you travel with an infant/child. After this 10.5 hour flight with no entertainment/drinks/snacks, I so think it's worth paying a bit more.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by P Pajulahti    (Finland)

Helsinki - Copenhagen - Helsinki operated by Blue1. Good price. Service good, but you have to ready to pay quite much of wine and snacks. Definitely fly SAS again.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  26 April 2014 by G Mitchell    (USA)

I flew SAS to Copenhagen for work, and the crew were nice, however, the seat was uncomfortable, the food was mediocre, and there was no free alcohol. During my stay in Copenhagen, I flew Air France/Delta to America for a few days, and it was much nicer. The food was delicious, the entertainment was wonderful, my seat cushion was cozy, and they gave us as much alcohol as we wanted. I doubt if I will fly SAS again.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by James Pitkanen    (Sweden)

Business class, ARN-IAD on April 3rd. A330 looking clean but a little old. Welcoming and friendly staff. Vintage champagne before take off then served lovely 3 course dinner up in air. Had a very nice girl serving my row and we quickly found each other and shared nice chats throughout the flight. Comfy lie flat chair, not the sharpest AVOD but functioning without issues. What SAS lacks in modernity sometimes it makes up in comfort and ambience. Whatever I asked for, be it peanuts or another glass of champagne was met with courtesy and fulfilled. Flight on time. Nothing really to complain about.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by J Aberg    (Sweden)

Travelled CPH-IAD in Plus (premium economy). Antiquated and dysfunctional IFE, demotivated staff and very poor food and beverage selection. In economy, they even charge you for soft drinks these days. I would suggest that SAS either lower their prices to more competitive levels, or up their game considerably. Currently, I would not recommend SAS in either premium economy or economy for any intercontinental flights, if there is a choice.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by K Vainionpaa    (Finland)

CPH-NRT in business seat 7A, mini cabin. Priority boarding for families, then business class and Star Gold members. Old but well kept business class, angle flat seat, small low resolution AVOD PTV in armrest. Plenty of room, however seat do not offer much privacy. Banging toilet door in front for entire night flight. A343 reg. OY- KBI flight map didn't work, also my friends PTV on seat 7B was broken, another seat was offered but we decided to sit together though. Attentive crew with smiles, good service by a Japanese FA. Tasty three course meal, presentation could be better. Oddest thing was to use the same metal cutlery for the entire meal and main dish was served for table among trash, used plates, glasses etc. Expected them to be collected before next serve. Seat itself is very good to sit, but on bed mode it is a bit uncomfortable, took time to find a good position. However their premium product is decent with on time schedule and fast luggage claim, I will book them over LH for better timetable and over AY for better crew.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Uimonen Jorma    (Spain)

6 April 2014. AGP-ARN-HEL. Not so good experience for SAS reputation. The "save in all" - policy hits especially flights to holiday resorts. B738 was not so old but somehow unclean. Not a word in English from the cockpit. The short hop by Blue Ones B717 was much better. Even during the 40 minute flight the well motivated crew had time to smile and serve every passenger.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by S Kasa    (Norway)

Oslo-Kristiansund return trip. Everything according to schedule. Uncrowded plane. Landed before time both in Kristiansund and Oslo. New plane, friendly service.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

Stockholm Arlanda Airport to Zurich Airport on April 11. Flight departed and arrived according to schedule. I have more or less never experienced a delay travelling with SAS on this particular route. The equipment used on this service was a Boeing 737-600 and I was seated on 2F in SAS Plus. The flight was more or less fully booked. Since SAS no longer offer any free middle seat in SAS Plus (former Business Class) it was relatively cramped and uncomfortable. The seat pitch was ok but nothing more. The Boeing 737-600s is starting to get quite worn inside and the cabin would need some refurbishment. For instance there is no inflight entertainment system available. A cold breakfast was offered in SAS Plus, but served out of a paper box, so do not expect Business Class standard when travelling in SAS Plus. The breakfast was ok, but nothing more. To my opinion the total experience is though relatively good, this very much thanks to the staff. The cabin crew, were very enthusiastic, welcoming and friendly. SAS may not have the youngest cabin staff, but they on the other hand are experienced and know how to provide really good service. The information from the pilots were also good, not too much nor too little. The former "SAS touch" is still there, but must to my opinion be further developed and fine-tuned in order to go back and pick up the good things with SAS from the past. I really do hope that SAS do not lose its heritage as a well renowned full-service carrier.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by H Thordarson    (New Zealand)

KEF-OSL March 24th. If you want the total bare bones economy experience, fly SAS. For this 3 hour flight all that is offered is coffee, tea or water and if you want sandwiches you have to pay for them. No entertainment system on board. Essentially this was a prime example of economy slump hell. You get a seat and that is pretty much all.

CPH-BKK, 24th March 2014. Aircraft pulled away from the airport on time. However, when everything was set for takeoff the aircraft stopped. The pilot announced that they had been informed of traffic in the way so they had to abort the takeoff. The aircraft was an old 4 engined Airbus which is outdated and inefficient. The interior was very worn. The entertainment system is a parody, they struggled to get it going and once it is going it is hardly worth bothering with. The selection is small and there is no way to navigate to the start of features such as films. If you select a film you simply get to wherever the system is at the time, which could be near the end of the feature. The screens are poor, small and lo res. Service was limited. At service time the attendant simply gave me my meal and did not ask what I wanted. The food was as basic as it gets. I will avoid it in the future.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by E Einhorn    (USA)

My wife and I flew NY-CPH in Dec 13 and return in Jan 14 and were very satisfied with SAS. Flights were on time (actually early). Cabin service was very professional and pleasant. Aircraft were standard Airbus but clean. We were in "economy" class so we didn't expect much. Food was ok with a nice beer/wine with dinner. I like the entertainment system especially the flight data.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by R Inque    (Japan)

Flew from Narita/Tokyo to Copenhagen. The aircraft was old and everything was outdated. Blankets are filthy (lot of hair on the blanket) and entertainment screen resolution is horrible.. I didn't know it still exists, but SAS entertainment isn't on-demand, so you hope for the best and catch a movie that has just started. For a long haul like Asia-Europe (11.5 hours), it's just unbelievable. Cabin crews didn't even check who ordered special meals and they handed over meals to the wrong people. You have to pay for alcohol beverages (not that I care, but again it is an intercontinental flight!) and each meal is very minimal. I compare SAS to other European airlines that operate between Asia and Europe, and I definitely think SAS tickets are overpriced. Although Finnair isn't the best, their flights are shorter and service is better and there isn't much difference in price.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

SK525, March 17 departing Stockholm Arlanda Airport at 07.55 with destination London Heathrow. On this occasion the flight was slightly late upon arrival but not caused by SAS. I was impressed that no further delays occurred due to the fact that approximately 10 centimetres of snow had fallen during the night. SAS handled this fact in a very swift and professional way and the delay was mainly caused by the traffic in the London area since the flight, by ATC, was ordered to join a holding pattern before given clearance for the final approach into Heathrow. During the approach we were given good and relevant information from the cockpit crew. During this flight I was travelling in SAS Go at seat 19F. Fortunately enough my row was probably the only one in the aircraft that had a free middle seat. On this particular flight, serviced by a Boeing 737-700W new seats were installed. The seats were the same type of seats that you will find on intra-European flights with other Star Alliance partners, i.e. Recaro. I however found the seats installed on this particular aircraft slightly more comfortable than the equivalent seats found on other partner airlines. First time I have seen these seats on a SAS Scandinavian Airlines aircraft.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by K Seibold    (Germany)

Yesterday I flew back from Beijing to Hannover via Copenhagen in business class. The long distance flight had one of the business class toilets not working. Answer on complaint was, that there were not so many passengers in economy and so enough toilets were available. There were toilets, but - the economy ones, in front of the business toilet where there were always several people waiting. We were seated in the almost the last business class row, economy passengers got their food served earlier than we did. Not all dishes were available for our row. A problem with the electric's caused a delay of approx. 40 min, but was handled properly. Entertainment system was quite old-fashioned, compared to other airlines only a small selection of movies was offered. The overview-map did not work at all. Headsets were not really noise-reduction ones. Seat was slide-version. Food I found satisfying. Personnel very nice and supportive. Flight from Copenhagen to Hannover was not what I expected from business class. On other airlines I am used to have a free seat beside me on the small plane, this time almost all business seats were occupied, no difference to economy. The only difference was in some food for business, not for economy. I was happy that I fell asleep.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by James Peters    (Sweden)

STO-HEL on March 7th. Was on codeshare with Blue1. Crisp clean Boeing 717, with nice cream white leather seating. Short flight with pleasant staff and a clean and quiet cabin. Generous legroom. Would definitely recommend.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

SK1606 from Zurich to Stockholm in SAS Plus on March 13 with departure at 20.25 and arrival at 22.55. The equipment used on this service was a Boeing 737-700W and I had selected seat 5A via the Internet check-in service. Lucky to have a whole seat row for myself, appreciated since a free middle seat is no longer guaranteed as opposed to the previous service concept in SAS Business Class. The pitch was relatively ok. But be aware if you select seats in SAS Plus from row 5 (or so) backwards, the seat pitch may be less longer back according to my experience. On the other hand the chance for a free middle seat is generally higher if selecting a seat at the last rows in SAS Plus according to my experience. As normally the flight departed and arrived on time and the cabin crew were nice, friendly and service minded. SAS normally outperforms other full-service airlines in those aspects on Intra- European flights. The cabin and seat comfort was ok, since the service was operated by a fairly new aircraft. However there were no in-flight entertainment system installed nor any Internet access. The variety of cold and hot drinks offered were good but served out of plastic/paper mugs. The food offered was a cold meal or a sandwich. On this particular flight the food was quite tasteful, a salmon tartare with pickled vegetables and green salad. Still hoping for an upgraded cabin interior and in-flight entertainment system. Let us just hope that SAS do not select the very uncomfortable slim seats chosen by its other affiliates, but instead opt for comfort and prioritise passenger satisfaction, comfort and experience.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

BRU-ARN, SK1590, departing 18.00 with arrival 20.10 on March 5, 2014. Aircraft for this service was a Boeing 737-700W and I was seated on 9A in SAS Plus. There is no longer any free middle seat as opposed to the previous Business Class but I was fortunate enough that the flight was not fully booked so I had a whole seat row for myself and the legroom was typical standard intra European economy class, but not Business Class standard. No in- flight entertainment system are installed on SAS Boeing 737s but the in-flight SAS magazine is however worth reading but should, to my opinion, be published more often. As a frequent traveller you keep reading the same magazine over and over again since there is no other in-flight entertainment system available. On this particular flight the cabin looked quite new, tidy and clean. The comfort of the seats are slightly better than offered by other Star Alliance partners (except Austrian Airlines upgraded Fokker 70/100 seats and interior) on intra European flights but can not be compared to the very comfortable and cosy seats in the just retired SAS MD-80s. Upgrade of the cabins of the SAS 737s are generally soon needed. I do hope that SAS do its best to find comfortable seats and not just slim, cheap and lightweight seats as the rest of the tar Alliance partners unfortunately have done. The right selection of new seats can make a huge change in travelling experience. The food and how it was presented is very far from the previous Business Class. A cold chicken salad was offered, served out of a paper box. No bread was served with the meal, but relatively good wine was offered and quiet some variety of cold and hot drinks. To my opinion, the standard of food and how it is presented are much lower compared to intra European services by other full-service airlines, independent of airline alliance affiliation. As always there were good attention from the flight attendants during the whole flight and the staff made you feel welcome.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by P Newsome    (UK)

Weekly HUY-CPH-HUY commute. Bearing in mind that there have been some weather issues over the last month or two, the reliability of these SAS flights is extremely poor. I'm not exaggerating when I estimate it at 25% failure to fly for one reason or another. When we do fly the experience is good. But for business use I am shortly going to have to abandon SAS for the much more reliable EasyJet options from STN or MAN.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by C Marcin    (Belgium)

BRU-CPH return. Flight to CPH was good on a refurbished Canadair Jet 900. Smooth check-in and on time departure/arrival. In flight service was good for a short flight. Coffee, tea and water were free of charge, however anything else had to be bought at a high price. The return was also good and serviced on a newer A320. The crew on both flights seemed very pleasant and happy to assist passengers.

SAS Scandinavian Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2014 by K Pellberg    (Sweden)

Flew domestic Norway, then Oslo to Stockholm on Feb 17th. Uncomfortable, very old aircraft, still with ashtrays. Unsmiling crew. Was moved 15 rows back on OSL-STO leg at the gate without explanation. Flights on time though but not worth the price.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SAS SCANDINAVIAN AIRLINES sas scandinavian review passenger reviews customer opinions standards