Safi Airways Passenger Reviews and Safi Airways Customer Trip Reports

Safi Airways Passenger seat tips

Safi Airways Business class seat reviews

Safi Airways Aircraft Seat Plans

Destinations & Aircraft Fleet Guide

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  12 November 2012 : by J Thomas   (UK)

I was pleasantly surprised by Safi on a hop from Dubai to Kabul. Yes, the aircraft was old and the legroom poor. But the flight was on time, the staff friendly, and the food (free) excellent. A shame there is no chance of a glass of wine! A big advantage of Safi is that it operates from the very civilised Dubai Terminal 1, making it ideal for connecting to most of the major carriers except Emirates. FlyDubai offers a slightly more comfortable service on the same route, but operates from Terminal 2, which is little more than a shed and a very long and tedious bus ride to other terminals.

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  9 March 2012 : by Gianni Paz   (USA)

KBL-DXB. Check-in was terrible. After we boarded, we sat on the runway for nearly one hour. On arrival in Dubai, there was no Safi personnel in sight. I missed my connection on Qatar to Doha and on to Melbourne. Safi didn't rebook me, offer a meal voucher or a hotel stay in Dubai. I would recommend unless it's your last option.

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  25 January 2012 : by O Muller   (Afghanistan)

KBL-DXB-KBL on A320. The food is ok and is served in generous portions. If the seats trigger a déja-vu feeling this is because you have seen them on Lufthansa planes. They are somewhat worn out but not too bad. The return flight to KBL was supposed to leave at 3.30am, it transpired KBL airport had been closed due to snowfall. For 10 hours, we were promised a "final decision" on whether the flight is cancelled/delayed. Not a single announcement was made. Staff disappeared completely leaving confused and irritated passengers behind. Late morning the flight was officially cancelled and passengers could register for the next flight. We had to find hotels by ourselves and ring regularly to learn the latest news. The next morning finally onboard we were told KBL airport was still closed and we had to go back to the terminal, at 1.30 pm we were yet again ushered onboard. This happens regularly so why do they not know how to deal with the situation - complete lack of customer service.

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  1 November 2011 : by Chris Garsen   (UK)

Despite the poor reviews I kind of had to use Safi on the Dubai to Kabul route. I was pleasantly surprised that we got reasonably new A320s, with normal leg room and the planes were dead on time.

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  19 July 2010 : by D Oakes   (Australia)

Our flight from Kabul to Dubai on the weekend was delayed because Safi Airways hadn't paid its fuel bill.

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  15 April 2010 : by Simon Donegan  (UK)

I used Safi Airways twice over the last 2 weeks from Dubai to Kabul and back again. I used Safi Airways because it appears to be the only airline that has international safety standards certification. The aircraft were clean but I was shocked at the state of the aircraft generally. The seats were bent out of alignment in some rows. The lights above were cracked and flickered when used and the windows were badly scratched and the plastic slides and surrounds damaged. It has made me think twice about using them again. The aircraft they are using must be some 30 years old and badly need replacing.

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  20 March 2010 : by Scott Walker  (Afghanistan)

I've travelled Safi twice in the last three months, once round trip between Kabul and Dubai and once between Kabul and Frankfurt. The service and food were decent on both trips, but numerous minor seating area maintenance problems make me wonder about the more critical airworthiness maintenance of the aircraft overall (and I'm a jet pilot with 5,000 hours myself). On my last flight my seatbelt came off in my hand as I was tightening it, my seatback recline button had been pushed in and jammed so the seatback would not stay upright, and therefore was not safe for takeoff or landing within ICAO guidelines. These issues, combined with the extremely tight spacing of the seats on Safi, will result in my looking elsewhere for my next flight from Kabul.

SAFI AIRWAYS customer review :  1 October 2009 : by R Konig  (UAE.)

Kuwait to Kabul return. Flight operated by a B767 which was okay condition. The flight attendants worked hard as flight was full, IFE is poor. There is one big screen at the front of the cabin. I would recommend Safi Airways to other people over Kam Air.