Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Z Hazzard    (UK)

Although the vast majority of Ryanair staff we encountered on our flight from Bournemouth Airport were helpful and polite, the first woman we encountered on check-in was utterly obnoxious. We had arrived 11 minutes before check- in was to close, and no other passengers were queuing except ourselves, yet the woman did not meet us with a professional greeting of good morning, but barked at us 'You have one minute to process your baggage' and as my husband's suitcase was over the weight limit was unhelpful in resolving the situation and refused to allow us to pay a fine there but only when we had removed the offending items and struggled with them to the departure gate. My husband and I were stunned by this aggressive attitude and absolute lack of professionalism. The struggle to find available seats once we boarded was chaotic and with many crying children was a stressful experience. We returned via a Thomson flight, which was an absolute delight by comparison. Suffice to say we will never fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Chan Pui San    (Malaysia)

Rome to Paris. Disgusted at being charged £70 as I hadn't printed my ticket off. I know they have rules but what a ridiculous amount to charge for a piece of paper. There is no consistency, and am unlikely to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Taylor    (UK)

We used Ryanair flying from Manchester to Malaga 7th October returning on the 14th, we flew as a family of 3 adults and 3 children aged 11, 2 and 6 months. after hearing all the horror stories around Ryanair we were feeling quite sceptical however we were impressed with the service they provided they were friendly, helpful and informative and we had no problems at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Rosssello    (Spain)

Madrid-Paris (Beauvais) and return (26-30 September 2013). Perfect flight as always on time both ways. Beauvais is a nice small Provincial airport near Paris, no long runnings over the tracks as in Barajas Airport or Schipol, or Gatwick. Just 200 meters from the small airport terminal and the plane is taking-off. I fly Ryanair often, have flown more than 40 flights, and always on time. I recommend you pay for Priority boarding.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Weaver    (UK)

Having queued early to get seats together due to no seat allocation. We got two seats together towards the rear of the aircraft and stored our luggage (not the maximum size but to large to go under the seat) in the overhead lockers. Only to have it remover by the flight attendant, shoved in my face and when queried as to where I should put it as it didn't fit under the seat was told “That's your problem. I ended up with my luggage on my lap for the full 3 hour flight including take off and landing. I will never use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2013 by C Dobinson    (UK)

We have flown with Ryanair to Italy 2-3 times a year for the past 9 years. We have never experienced any major delays and flights have arrived early and on time. The cabin staff have been friendly and courteous. The only problem we have seen recently is the lack of space for hand luggage. Abide by the rules and you can't go wrong. By the way the cappuccinos are to be recommended!

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2013 by G Crook    (UK)

Stansted to Fuerteventura, cannot believe that unless you priority board they will separate you from your children. Surely this cannot be a suitable situation in the case of an emergency, how are under five's expected to understand the safety information.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Arthur Boyle    (Ireland)

My wife and I are frequent passenger on Ryanair flights, our most recent flight was from Shannon to Malaga, 20th Aug back on the 10th Sept 2013. I would like to say that if it was not for Ryanair and its cheap flights I would not be able to fly as much as I do, all flights with Ryanair have been a most pleasant experience and I have found the staff to be most courteous and helpful. When you book a flight you are told to read terms and conditions so why should Ryanair be to blame. I am looking forward to my next flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 October 2013 by D Harley    (UK)

East Midlands to Zadar. Have used Ryanair many times and consider them to be a good airline. Probably flown with them 40 + times and only experienced 1 major delay. This flight again excellent. Flights on time both ways, friendly staff, seat comfortable enough for a 2-3 hour flight. One big plus with Ryanair is seats do not recline. Nothing worse than restricted legroom being made worse when the passenger in front reclines. There are enough warnings on their website about potential extra charges, so if you get caught you only have yourself to blame.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 October 2013 by David Wallace    (UK)

Like many people on this site we have used Ryanair before, like many we abide by their rules, don't necessarily like them, but we abide by them. We have a young child so we booked priority boarding - the only airline I know that doesn't allow this as standard (but fair enough that's their policy, we know that in advance). So, hold luggage booked, priority boarding, additional infant equipment all paid for. Flying from Edinburgh to Faro was okay, long queues at check-in but okay. Trek at Faro, up and down stairs, 2 year old and 3 bags, not great but can't blame Ryanair (although can't help but think they are treated as 3rd class because of the deals they make with airports). Chaos on way back, one person at check-in, no priority queue at boarding pass check. Advised it would be at the gate, nope, people were allowed to stampede, if you were already at the back, tough! So, on return to UK I complained and requested that the priority boarding fee was refunded. Rather than customer service I received a curt "we do not make refunds". So despite not getting what we paid for they pocket the money anyway, Will we use them again, probably simply they put they get you there, but I will treat them with the same respect that they show their customers.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Suzanna Walker    (UK)

Never again! Our two year old was expected to sit over 7 aisles away from any of the adults in our party. Due to boarding staff the queue at the gate was disrupted, this resulted in our party being placed further along the queue to board (we had been near the front). When we finally got on board there were only odd seats dotted around the aircraft. None of the adults could be seated together which was not such a major issue but the Ryanair flight attendants (there for safety not service) thought it perfectly ok to seat a two year old 7 aisles from the nearest adult in our party. A two year old cannot understand or comprehend any safety procedure and Ryanair do not even accept unaccompanied minors.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Kevin Higgins    (Ireland)

Great flight from Knock to Luton on 27 Sept to 29 Sept. All for 32 euros. Easy online booking / boarding card / friendly staff.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by C Tubridy    (UK)

Leeds Bradford - Malaga. First time flying with Ryanair and had no problems whatsoever. Made sure boarding cards were printed for both directions before leaving home. Luggage weighed to make sure not over weight before leaving home. Purchased reserved seats with extra legroom and had a comfortable flight. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Lee Sarah    (Australia)

I flew from Stansted to Vasteras on 3rd October with a group (8 people, 4 underage/children). Initially our bags were too large to fit through the allowance restrictions they had set, so after shuffling the baggage a little, they fit perfectly. The staff, however, showed no respect and little empathy with the situation of a mother carrying baby essentials in her purse. Of course, we did not expect this to be the case, but some nice treatment would have been much preferred to the screaming we endured about how the airline punctuality would be abused if we did not pay a fine. Before reshuffling the items in our bags, the staff insisted that we pay the fine, and requested that some of us be through to the plane. The children passed through (passport checked) and waited for the others, only to have the staff lock the door on them, separating them from parents, simply to threaten our group that punctuality is crucial (even though we were boarding ahead of schedule). Unfortunately, a handbag was taken (not disposed of but taken), and we made it to our seats. It seems that the staff of the airline are also not fond of people placing baggage in overhead compartments while safety demonstration is on, as they requested to be seated and silent until takeoff. The irony in the situation! After that flight, it's safe to say that Ryanair has lost 8 potential customers, and maybe even more considering the other customers who had to endure the rude woman at the boarding gate.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by David Gench    (UK)

We had no problems flying with Ryanair. Professional about everything. Staff at airport and on the plane were very good. Helpful and so young. The flight was on time both outbound and return. The plane was clean and seats were comfy. Nothing but praise. Will be using Ryanair again. Fuerteventura-Stansted, flight FR8183 on 4th October.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by E Williams    (UK)

Flown numerous times with Ryanair. Liverpool to Reus. Always the cheapest. With Ryanair all you have to do is follow some very basic rules and you wont have any trouble at all. Make sure you have booked in any hold luggage on line its much cheaper but you can take 10kg each as hand luggage,6 of us so spreading it round saves you a lot of money. Also it amazes me when people cry when they have to pay the £60 if they haven't printed their boarding cards before hand. Why not? I do not have a printer so just pop down to a local library to print them out. Yes Ryanair is a bit like catching a bus and you just sit where there is space but so what, flight times are not long haul and I'm sure you can put up with it for a few hours. There is a lot of selling during the flight but again so what. Don't buy anything if you don't want to. Food is a rip off agreed, so I have never purchased anything. So let me give you an example of how much cheaper it is to fly with Ryanair. It cost us, a family of 6 just under £ £600 in Sept for return flights to Reus.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Alex McLay    (UK)

24/9 and 1/10, Manchester - Faro. Perhaps I am too fussy as I normally fly scheduled for business and this was the first time I used Ryanair. I weighed my case at 14kg but Ryanair insisted it was 17kg. I was told to take things out and put them in my golf bag. If you forget the boarding pass that is printed by yourself, there is a penalty of££70! The crew on both legs were surly. All they did on a 2.5 hour flight was to try and sell things. Boarding is a joke with everyone squeezing 10kg in lockers which do not have the capacity. As I said I normally fly schedule and they appear a similar price for far superior service. Although the flights were on time, passenger service and treatment with a constant aim of collecting more money is a dreadful experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Ann Hill    (UK)

Liverpool to Ibiza. Case weighed 15.3kg, sister's 14.4kg. Ibiza to Liverpool both cases were heavier. We did not put any extra weight in our cases. Believe scales inaccurate in Ibiza. Mine weighed 16kg and had to take items out of baggage at check-in. Took some items out and put in hand luggage, 're weighed at 13.8 noticed case was weighed on different part of weigh belt. What I took out was not 2kg in weight. Was disgusted to witness someone being charged 70.00 as he had lost his printed check-in. I know they have rules but what a ridiculous amount to charge someone. When queuing at gate, girl with small handbag across her body was asked to put inside her piece of hand luggage, yet people in front were allowed on carrying duty free bags as well as hand luggage. There is no consistency, am unlikely to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Peter Heathcote    (UK)

We flew this weekend for the first time with Ryanair from London Stansted to Kerry. We have avoided them in the past due to various negative reports in the media. I have to say they were on time in both directions (actually early) the crew were polite and helpful. The plane seemed fine, pilot information was good regarding weather etc. I have to say we did follow the rules, I purchased scales to weigh our bags, printed the boarding cards at the correct size and arrived in plenty of time to catch the plane. I was ready for a very unpleasant delay with grumpy staff in poor uniforms and dirty seats to sit on but what I got was actually a very good service from what appeared to be a reasonable airline operator. Would I have wanted to fly to St. Lucia on board, maybe not as the finer comforts are not there but for me I would definitely fly with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Roman Hans    (USA)

Rome (Ciampino) to London-Stansted, 4 October 2013. My 2 hr 20 minute flight was 1.5 hrs late. Though we sat at the gate for 90 minutes, the flight attendants charged £3 for water. Unbelievable and unforgiveable. Add in the fact they're so strict about carryon-bags and you'll never even consider flying them.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Ed Brooke    (UK)

Rome Ciampino to London Stansted, FR3005. Excellent service. For last 8 years I have taken over 60 flights with Ryanair without complaint. During this time, I have had the cost of two flights refunded without any quibble (family bereavement). Today, I was informed of a rescheduled flight. Ryanair re-booked the 3 members of our party on the alternative flight of our choice with no fuss, no extra cost and within a 5 minute phone call.