Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  17 April 2014 by P Kelsey    (UK)

This allocated seating scam is a real pain, I cannot obtain free allocated seating for my return flight unless I book within 7 days of departure. As I do not have access to a computer within those 7 days I will have to pay for seats prior to my outbound flight. I suspect Ryanair new this might be the case and saw it as a way of raising extra revenue. Although the flights are nearly always on time and ground staff slightly more polite than they have been in the past. This is ridiculous as all the women do is stick their handbag into their larger bag then take it out again when on board.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 April 2014 by R Davies    (UK)

Flew a few times with Ryanair now. I really can't find anything bad at all to say about my most recent flight, return from East Midlands to Malaga. On time both ways, comfortable, clean, good price, very friendly cabin crew. I would definitely fly with them again. The 90 cases rule did not seem to be in operation as everyone who boarded (and the aircraft both ways was almost full) got their case into the cabin. It seems that these days, no one actually checks baggage in, opting instead to take their free piece of cabin luggage. We did not pre book our seats and were seated together both ways. All good. We'll done once again to Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by P Raeburn    (UK)

Used Ryanair for the first time, not by choice, but as part off an all inclusive package to Tenerife. Apart from some confusion with boarding gate allocation in Tenerife South airport, I have no issues about the airline. This is despite my reservations after hearing horror stories about the airline. As I have no other Ryanair flight experiences to compare this one with, I have to say that I was completely satisfied on this occasion. Will I use them again? No reason not to. The staff were quite pleasant. They all seemed to be Eastern European and this was not a problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 April 2014 by J Wilton    (UK)

East Midlands to Tenerife, 6th April, FR3152. Returned 11th April FR3153. It's great to see that they are finally trying to improve customer service and it was definitely better on the way out. Having allocated seating now is much better, although it was not clear when I booked that seats are allocated free at online check in, so I unnecessarily paid 40 to do this in advance. Also what on earth is going on with the 'only the first 90 bags' can stay in the cabin idea? Great that you can now take a small bag (handbag, laptop bag etc) and put it under your seat. However, only the first 90 passengers are allowed to take a correctly sized and weighted wheeled case on board. At Tenerife they decided that everyone had to do this before they got on the plane and it was chaos, with people trying to work out what they needed to take out. Strange also that they only pick on wheeled cases, even small ones. My partner had a rucksack, the contents of which were about the same weight as mine, yet my bag was tagged for the hold. By the time I'd taken out all the valuables - camera, iPad, Kindle etc, there was very little left in it. Also there was plenty of empty space on the overhead compartments once we got onboard. All completely pointless. I do think they are trying, but they really don't think these things all the way through! All that is going to happen is that people's 2nd bags are gradually going to get larger and larger and there will be the same old rows at check in and the gate as there have always been! Other than that it's pretty good value for money I guess, although I agree with other comments about flights times. Lots of them get into Stansted too late for the last trains, which prevents me booking with them. Oh and the seats not reclining and no pocket for belongings continues to be tedious. Especially on longer flights. Still, punctuality is very good and it is cheap I guess!

Ryanair Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Alan R Comper    (UK)

3rd April, FR8022, STN-MJV. We have flown Ryanair at least 20 times a year for 5 years and only had one very small complaint about a check in incident. No complaints from us and no, I'm not easily pleased. In life you get what you pay for and I am happy to spend my money with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Susan Rushton    (UK)

We have flown backwards and forwards to Crete with Ryanair several times over the past few years. We have never had any problems. Cabin crew have been friendly and pleasant on all of our flights. We know the rules and stick to them. The only niggle is the price of hold luggage so we try to travel with hand luggage at all times. Our last two flights both arrived 30 mins early and we have never had a delay past 15 mins. After travelling with BA to New Zealand last year, I would choose Ryanair anytime! Now they have altered their web site and allowed an extra bag in the cabin, they are a delight to travel with.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 April 2014 by J Pettitt    (UK)

Used Ryanair a total of 17 times. I know the rules and I am totally 100% happy with the service. Cheap flights, allocated seating and now (thank goodness), I can take on a hand bag as well as my 10k case. I really don't understand why anyone complains. Most recent flight was on 5th April. Oh, and only ever had one late flight out of 17 - not bad!

Ryanair Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Joan Burkinshaw    (UK)

After a severe accident in Spain which resulted in both arms broken, I was taken to Malaga Airport to fly home to Manchester on flight ZB660 on Saturday 1st Feb. I was treated appallingly by the staff and cabin crew of this flight. I was left in my wheelchair at the boarding gate whilst all the other passengers boarded the plane and when my daughter and I finally entered at the front of the plane we were pleased to see the front 4 rows empty, only to be told we couldn't sit there as our seats were on the back row. We explained I couldn't walk down the aisle with both arms at right angles but were rudely told "Well walk sideways!". My daughter stood to put my seat belt on me and again came the command, "sit down", just as the plane began to move! Throughout the flight not one cabin crew came to offer help, a drink or enquire after my well-being. No help was offered to my daughter who was trying to help me, juggle hand luggage etc.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 April 2014 by D Kelly    (Ireland)

We're sitting ready for take off to Carcassone and not only were we caught on the 7 day rule so had to pay for seats boarding staff tried to make us put correctly sized cabin bags in the hold. We were among the first 30 to board. When we asked why we were told last 50 passengers today have to do this because there wouldn't be enough space for everyone's. In a flight of 200+ passengers this would not apply to the first 150 we pointed out. We refused. The scams never end do they?

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by K Wright    (UK)

We have never flown with Ryanair before so were concerned after reading reviews. Our experience was very good. I could not fault them. We flew from East Midlands to Lanzarote, April 2014. The flight was on time, the staff friendly and helpful. Seats are now allocated before flying which must save hassle. No problems with luggage. I have flown with BA and Virgin and it cannot compete with them but I would place it top of the many budget airlines I have flown with. I don't usually leave reviews but feel that it is perhaps only those that have problems that do, so thought I would like to balance the scales a little.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Dave Phelan    (Ireland)

Just went to print my boarding pass. Got caught with the new 7 day rule. I had to buy seats for return as I know I will not be able to get to a printer while away. I hope that when they go to the better Aer Lingus system of either printing at airport or on phone app things should improve.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Beattie    (UK)

Generally I have no problem with Ryanair flights, quick and effective service. I do think though more thought could be put into their timetable as flights arriving in Manchester at 23.45 means that there are no transport options from Manchester airport other than by Taxi very expensive to get anywhere from the Airport. Car rental village closes at 00.00 and the last train is at 00.01 with a 5.30 wait in the airport until the next transport out and most shops closed it is not an ideal time to be landing.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Charlotte Lindsay    (UK)

I have flown with Ryanair many times over the past 5 years and require full airport assistance as I am an amputee. I cannot praise Ryanair highly enough. I have never had any problems at all and the staff are wonderful. The Special Assistance team always go that wee extra bit to help. I wish they flew to Newark NJ. and Florida as they could show Continental, Virgin etc., a thing or two.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 April 2014 by W Smith    (UK)

I use Ryanair 5 or 6 times a year to Bergerac and I am getting a little tired of travellers that don't follow the airlines rules and then complain about them. Every flight that I have taken has been on time, I have had no problems at check in or boarding and the crew out of Liverpool are always friendly, caring and professional. Remember this flight out of Liverpool departs at 06.40am when passengers cannot be at their best but crew are always great.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 April 2014 by John Mansell    (UK)

Flight to Stansted from Malmo. Seats were too close together, no knee room and seat itself was not comfortable to sit in. Landing was aggressive and parking at the stand came to an abrupt halt. Not a comfortable journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 April 2014 by L Burton    (UK)

BHX-DUB return. First flight was fine but on the way back we were delayed 5 hours and then Ryanair didn't bother to tell us that the plane was actually in Belfast and that people needed to get on a coach to Belfast from Dublin in order to get back! We got back past midnight and we were supposed to be back at around 5pm. No help whatsoever and no sorry or anything from Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Rachel Beattie    (UK)

We flew from Malaga to Leeds. Queued 55 minutes to check bags in (only 2 people taking bags for all flights). On return put up with that on time trumpet blast, only to have to wait 30 minutes for the carousel to start whilst the handlers loaded the outgoing aircraft.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Alastair Finch    (UK)

Travelled from LPL to DUB and back. Quick check in, very efficient boarding, only quibble being the very tight leg room. Otherwise I have no complaints and felt staff were friendly and efficient. Coming back turn around was remarkably rapid and both times luggage delivery was quick.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Mark Potter    (Lithuania)

I fly with Ryanair at least every month. If you compare the flights with travel by coach (which is how they are priced), they are easily as good. One has to stick to the rules and those who try it on with the cabin luggage size and weight allowances deserve all they get in my view. I do feel sorry for those who innocently don't pay enough attention to the very thorough pre flight reminders you always get sent. My flights are about 2.5 hours and that's fine, but the seats are a tight fit and do not recline (I am not large, but fellow passengers often are) so would not want to be onboard much longer than that. Aircraft's are in good nick and always clean and staff are generally friendly and helpful. Food is edible but only in an emergency! Coffee is fine and sensibly not served too hot. The lottery ticket sales used to grate, but as they do fund deserving children's charities, it is harsh to moan about that. Reliability on the route I use is excellent as is baggage handling. It is what it is - don't try to judge it by comparison with anything else.