Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Iain McLeod    (Australia)

We are Scots but live in Oz. We booked online from Edinburgh and received our tickets by email. Ryanair know that tourists do not carry printers with them. On arriving at check-in we were told that we should have a printed ticket. Naturally being travelers we didn't have a printed ticket. We were told it would cost 20 pounds extra each to get a printed ticket. The flight from Edinburgh to Barcelona was amazing with drunken young females swearing badly. I think the Rynair flight from Turnhouse to Girona (about 70 km from Barcelona) was probably the biggest con we have ever had in 20 years of travelling around the world. I can't really remember but I think the original price on the internet was something like 47 pounds each. They added on a percentage because we booked with a credit card. They naturally added extra for baggage. We knew about this charge but of course Rynair have already worked out that international travellers are allowed 25 kilos but they only allow 15 kilos before excess baggage charges kick in. We were so upset about our treatment from Ryanair and the check-in experience that there is no way we would use that company again.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by N Moore    (UK)

We flew from Manchester to Barcelona on 19th October and returned on 26th. The plane was punctual, clean and functional and you get what you pay for. I would advise anyone to pack some sandwiches for each journey and to buy a drink once you have checked in. Boots at Manchester is cheapest for water. The food and drink on the planes are exorbitantly priced. There is no inflight entertainment, so take a book. I must say that the leg room in a standard seat was far better than in Thomson plane which we travelled on to Jamaica, long-haul! No problems at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by J Jackson    (UK)

Recently I travelled to Barcelona with British Airways. Have used Ryanair on a number of occasions so I was interested to compare the two. Can't wait to get back to Ryanair. On British Airways the food was rubbish the seat were uncomfortable and cramped and the staff were uninterested in no one but the first class passengers. At least I know when I fly with Ryanair the plane will be new and clean and the seats are comfortable. The food is acceptable and worth the money. They are nearly always on time. Flying with Ryanair is not a problem so long as you stick to the rules. Read everything on the booking form. The last two return flights to Spain cost me 89 including one piece of hold luggage.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Paul Bailey    (UK)

FR 3232 departed from Manchester to Malaga on 13 October and I returned to Manchester on 17 October on flight FR 3209. This airline is dreadful, passengers are packed in like sardines due to a shocking seat pitch, cabin crew trying to sell you something from start to finish. Food and drinks well overpriced. First time flew with them but never again. Absolute rubbish.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Kian Chanter    (UK)

Flew from Stansted to Lanzarote with my partner. The outward journey was fine. It was the return where the problems started. I had to pay 50 each way for my guitar to come away with me. On my outward journey they let me take the guitar on the Plane with no problems. On the return journey, at the check in desk, the staff asked if I wanted to put the guitar in the hold. I said no as its a valuable instrument. So they let me take it through. They did not inform me that I couldn't take it on the plane. As I was about to board a staff member told me that I couldn't take it on the plane and that it would have to go in the hold. Wasn't happy about that but there was no other option. She then charged me 60 Euro's for this, even though I had already paid 50 to bring the guitar and the instrument was listed on my boarding pass. They didn't tell me at check in that it had to go in the hold and that I couldn't take it on the plane. So they either purposely tried to rip me off or the girl at the check in desk didn't know what she was on about, therefore I had to pay for her mistake.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Derek Field    (UK)

My wife and I flew to Fuerteventura with Ryanair 2 weeks ago. We will never travel with them again. We had to pay 140 to have 2 sheets of paper printed by the rudest person you could meet. Coming home we paid 14 for a Gin and Tonic and a hot chocolate drink! We had the most uncomfortable journey back to Stansted. We were unable to land at Stansted due to severe storms and were diverted to Birmingham. We sat on the plane at Birmingham for 2 hours while the Captain decided whether or not to fly back to Stansted. In the end he said we all had to leave the plane and coaches would be laid on to take us to Stansted. He had no idea when the coaches would arrive but said it would be hours not minutes. The crew as we got off were all laughing, telling us to enjoy our coach ride. The crews need an awful lot of training. We had to get a taxi home in the end.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Bill Jackson    (Spain)

Valencia to Seville and back last weekend, the flights were completely full which caused a bit of chaos as there was not enough room for all of the luggage and the crew had to place some in the hold. This they did with smiles and explanations on both routes. The flights were on time. Our bags were checked for size but not for weight on the way out and neither for size nor weight on the way back. All in all a perfectly satisfactory trip at less tan half of the price of the return train fare.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Mary Jo Duffy    (Ireland)

I was going to Crete from Shannon and I used Ryanair 3 times and Easyjet once and I just wanted to say I was very impressed with the service on Ryanair. On 15th Oct I was coming through Stansted and the courtesy of the man who checked me in was first class. It was 4pm. As a business person in the Ennis area I welcome the new Shannon flights and wish them every success. I, for one, look forward to trying all of them.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by R Lockwood    (UK)

Nothing wrong with Ryanair as long as you accept them as being 2nd class. They will try to rip you off at every opportunity, so it is down to you to double check everything, then check again. On my last trip I fancied a drink, instead I opted to try the Vegetable soup. Nothing could prepare you for the obnoxious substance they put before me. I took an initial swig and handed it back to the stewardess saying it was disgusting. 2 other travellers within my proximity also complained about it and asked for a refund. No such luck! When it comes to getting change for your order, forget it. I'm still waiting for mine from my 2012 holiday. Yes, they are awful, but they are reasonably cheap.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Thomas Kester    (USA)

My wife and I booked a flight from Dublin to Brussels. I checked in online and entered all the passport info. As I didn't have a printer I didn't print out the boarding passes. At the airport I went to an Internet access point to print the boarding passes only to find the ability to print the passes was blocked. When I went to the Ryanair check-in I was told it would be 70 to print the boarding pass, only to find out they wanted 70 for each passenger. 140 to print out two boarding passes is total extortion. I will never fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by J Prust    (Germany)

Hahn to Stansted early morning flight. Flight boarded swiftly and efficiently despite being full, departed on time and was "early" at Stansted (yes, I know the tricks they play with the departure windows to maintain their on-time record). As long as you navigate the website carefully, make sure you can print off your boarding card and conform to the luggage rules Ryanair offer good value and good punctuality on short flights. the people who have problems are usually those who haven't read the instructions closely enough or who try to get round the rules.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 October 2013 by E Young    (UK)

My husband and myself have flown 4 times this year with Ryanair. We have our check-in bag and our one rucksack (normal sized) between 2 people to place in the overhead cabins. We are sick and tired of these people who take these massive overhead cabin bags and hold up the queue getting inside the aeroplane and finding a seat quickly. Do something about it. We always enjoy our flight and the staff are always very helpfull and polite. I actually spoke to a member of staff about the problem of the bags on the flight from Krakow to Liverpool at 17.50 on the 19th October 2013. The staff know that it is a problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 October 2013 by H Friedrich    (Germany)

I flew London Stansted (STN) - Bremen BRE today. STN always guarantees you an awful travel experience. Huge crowds everywhere: Long lines in front of baggage drop, long lines in front of security, long lines in front of the sky train, long lines in front of the gate, long lines in front of the aircraft. The cabin crew were very friendly, taking into account that they had a load of grumpy early morning pax to deal with. (Yes, including myself.)

Ryanair Customer review :  19 October 2013 by M O'Donoghue    (Ireland)

Flight from Shannon to Malaga on 1st October, return on 8th October. Ryanair ticked all the boxes. We had reserved seats, printed boarding passes for both flights, weighed luggage beforehand, purchased food on board, treated with courtesy and friendliness by staff on the ground and in the air. Excellent and will travel again with Ryanair should there be a Shannon flight departing for our destination.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 October 2013 by J Fahey    (Ireland)

My Husband and I are frequent flyers with Ryanair for many years to and from the UK, also to and from Carcassonne this year. I have to say we have never encountered any problems, flights were on time as much as possible, staff are courteous at all times and food is a good acceptable level. I do wish your Shannon - Bristol service would resume, we really miss that service, in the meantime we will continue to travel to Knock or Dublin or Cork to fly with Ryanair. Their seat reservation is also a good service.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Modage Levoux    (UK)

London Luton to Knock, Mayo, West of Ireland yesterday 16/10/13 on the 11.50am flight. I checked online before leaving, and no reported delays. I also checked on the screen upon entering the airport at approx. 10.15am and again no reported delays (only information was flight information, and check-in desk to go to). Then after going through quite a security queue, I'd been informed by another passenger that the flight had been delayed until 3pm, which was confirmed on the displays. The scheduled time then varied from approx. 2.45 to 4pm changing quite regularly. So after a considerable time spent waiting at the airport the flight finally took off well after 3.15pm (by this time, I was sitting on the plane and too tired to note the time of takeoff). I would recommend implementing a free beverage/drink for all customers in cases where any flight is more than 2 (or 2.5hrs) late. As this would show an acknowledgement the apology by the company, and would not cost the company very much in terms of stock. In fact, I'd say customers might then opt for seconds for which Ryanair could charge, resulting in profitable sales overall. In addition, no information was passed onto the customers as to the reason for this delay.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Bell    (UK)

Dublin to Ibiza, 8 Oct and return 15 Oct 13. First time using Ryanair booked via an online holiday site and wasn't aware on booking that it was Ryanair. We had printed off our boarding passes and booked in hold luggage with smaller bags for hand luggage which fitted under our seats as due to the ridiculous size of hand luggage now allowed by most airlines, have had problems in the past finding space above, so I don't think it is worth the hassle, this is by no means exclusive to Ryanair. Flight was good, on time, purchased only coffee at 3 euro, don't think that is extortionate to pay. My complaints would be: 1) never having flew Ryanair I wasn't aware that it was unallocated seating and this caused a stampede for the seats. 2) due to the quick turnaround the plane was not cleaned between flights and the floor at my seat was covered in used tissue. From Dublin priority boarding did get on first, but coming back in Ibiza everyone put onto a bus at the same time, priority boarding let off a few minutes earlier, but hadn't completed boarding when the next lot got off, so I don't think I would pay for PB if flying with them in the future. Yes would use again but not if on a longer flight as wouldn't want to be separated from my travelling companion on a longer journey.