Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  2 May 2014 by J Masters    (UK)

I agree with others that it is ridiculous not to be able to check in for a return flight if it is more than 7 days. I had to get up at 5.30am this morning to do so or pay the fine. Makes for an unpleasant taste about Ryanair - don't upset customers with such silly rules only to make money. It cheapens your standing. You could be the Nation's favourite if you would listen and make some improvements as you have had to do in the past to re-gain respectability.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Richard Stead    (Portugal)

East Midland to Faro, 30th April. Amazed at the improvements. No scratch cards, no continual announcements, staff great and very smart. Transformed from my last flight. I used to avoid Ryanair and I fly 20 times a year. Pushing and shoving nasty staff and anything to get more money but yesterday was great and I will definitely use them a lot more.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Mitchell Leslie    (UK)

So very annoying that, just when you thought Ryanair listened to their customers, the welcome changes in website access and allocated seating are undone by not being able to print return boarding passes if your trip is longer than a week.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 May 2014 by K Roberts    (UK)

On the way out from Manchester to Milan Bergamot. Got to the airport for the return flight at 11am, after waiting 4 hours were finally told the flight had been cancelled. There was no apology, and no staff to advise you what to do. I think this airline should concentrate more in customer service, of which we had none. Finally returned to the UK the following day on Flybe, a totally different experience. We will never use Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 May 2014 by F Gong    (Australia)

On 15th Sept 2013, we, four people from Australia after visiting beautiful Paris, went to Paris Beauvais airport to catch 9:20 am flight (FR9632) to Rome. All were checked in online the night before in the Hotel we stayed. However boarding passes were not printed out as per instruction in the email from the airline. a mistake was made by us. At the check-in counter, we were told EURO 70 per person would be charged if no boarding pass was presented. We could not believe it in the first instance but later were confirmed by his duty manager. We do not believe that EURO 70 for printing a boarding pass is justifiable by any standard. It is in fact more than the airfare itself and more than the fee for an extra luggage (EURO 60). While we accept the error we made, the punishment was well beyond anyone's imagination, hence it is not reasonable and not justifiable. We felt like being robbed on highway with no way to escape. And we still do. We must point out that the check-in gentleman was kind enough to show us a self-serving Internet kiosk/access point where printing was available. Unfortunately, after tried on two computers with loss of a total of EURO 20 worth of coins and notes, we went back to the counter and tried to request for printing at a fair and reasonable cost. The second complaint is about the way in which the duty manager, a lady, handled our request for help. She was arrogant in our view. Having heard of our explanation, she showed no sympathy but said it was the company policy and we either pay or do not fly today. The fact that we could not print out the passes at the computer kiosk did not bother her at all because it was someone else's equipment, hence nothing to do with her.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 April 2014 by C Watson    (UK)

FR697 from Palma to Prestwick on 16th April 2014. We were not able to check-in online for our return flight to the UK within the 12 days to 2 hours before takeoff window. The website would not accept our booking reference. We assumed we would be able to just print our boarding passes at check-in like any other normal airline. Instead we were told that it didn't matter that we experienced issues online. Ryanair policy states that we now had to pay 70 per head flying regardless of our circumstances otherwise we would be left in Mallorca. This amounted to 210 for my wife, daughter and I. The saga did not end there, the lady at the Ryanair desk decided it was a good idea to sit a family travelling with a 3 year old completely separately. My daughter - 16F, my wife - 17C and me in 16C. We were flying on one of their Boeing 737-800 aircraft and that rows 16 and 17 are exit rows. The cabin was a mess and on both the outbound and inbound legs it was explained to us that there would be limited catering due to insufficient supplies. At least the flight was on schedule. At what cost though?

Ryanair Customer review :  29 April 2014 by M Mitchell    (UK)

We recently flew to Gerona from Manchester with Ryanair. There were 6 of us travelling. After all the bad press about Ryanair really cannot understand what people are complaining about. We had the easiest and fastest check in, any of us have experienced. The staff were all very helpful. Then leaving Gerona back to Manchester was exactly the same. Would definitely use again and recommend to other people.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 April 2014 by S Dabasia    (UK)

Completely agree with D Finnie re: stupid rule of not being able to print boarding cards until 7 days before travel meaning you can't print your return flight boarding cards before leaving home if you are on holiday for 7 days or more. I had no access to internet whilst on holiday (which is the way most people want it as they are on holiday) so unable to print boarding cards and ended up having to pay 210 euros for 3 boarding cards at the airport. Completely ridiculous rule designed to make as much money out of us as possible. All other airlines allow you to print all boarding cards for your entire journey when you check-in online so can't understand why Ryanair don't. It should not be allowed. They lure you in with a cheap flight cost and charge you for everything else. I was really pleased when they announced they would have allocated seating on all flights which is much easier for those of us travelling with children, so this should make it even easier to allocate a seat on return flight instead of making us customers with families having to pay at the airport for boarding cards. Ryanair did nothing about this even after I complained to them stating their rules as a legitimate reason and not accepting that the rule is wrong and needs to be changed.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 April 2014 by K Doyle    (UK)

This is the first time I have flown Ryanair, definitely not the last. It was simple. Allowed to take a reasonably sized case on-board plus a second hand luggage. Staff were more than helpful, flight staff were polite and the on- board food for the price of the ticket was excellent. The way Ryanair works buy offering a menu style selection was great. Better than the reheated rubbish just thrown in front of you on other airlines. I am happy to log on to their website to confirm your tickets. I was on and off the plane in no time. Being able to take my luggage on- board and choose to sit in front there was no waiting just doors open off plane through customs home. Keep it up Ryanair and I will keep using them.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Angela Bowden    (UK)

Flew from Leeds Bradford to Lanzerote, inbound and outbound flights. On time, staff excellent friendly and efficient. Flown to several destinations previously and always excellent value. All seats are now allocated so don't know why people moan about a free for all. Don't know what some people expect for the money, if you have the correct docs, get there on time and your cases and baggage are within the stated limits then you will not have a problem, if they are not then it is your own fault and you should double check your paperwork.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 April 2014 by D Finnie    (UK)

Travel with Ryanair for 5 holidays per year, have had no complaints about their rules and reg's until now. In order to be certain that I have a boarding pass for the return flight I have to pre book seats on return flight. This is due to a reduction to 7 days of online check in time. Not everyone has access to a computer and printer when abroad! I hope that someone from Ryanair reads this and realises that customer satisfaction is better than possibly gaining a few extra euros.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 April 2014 by O Druta    (Netherlands)

I booked a ticket from Bucharest to London Stansted with Ryanair on April 24 and was unable to check-in for the flight. The website kept giving error messages every time I tried and when I explained this to the people at the airport, their only reply was we cannot check you in unless you pay the 70 euro fee. Though I explained there was no way for me to check in, and I was not even the only person that experienced the problem they insisted there was nothing they could do. I tried calling before the flight but their customer support number could not be accessed outside of the UK and Ireland. This was not even a cheap flight, and to be sure it will be my first and last on Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 April 2014 by N Theobald    (UK)

So annoyed by the new 7 day check in scam, how low will they go. You now have to buy an allocated seat even if you don't want to if you are coming back after 7 days as many of us are. Flight leaves early in the morning or arrives late at night, no staff around to help. Scheduled time adds extra hour to make sure they are 'on time, flights are much more expensive than before. There is only one reason to fly Ryanair and that is destination, they tend to fly to places others don't. If there was choice (like Dublin) then I always choose the rival ie Aer Lingus.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Neil Nortcliffe    (UK)

I fly Ryanair to various European destinations about a dozen times a year and more frequently between Manchester and Faro - Have no complaints whatsoever with airline or staff - always polite and efficient especially on MAN-FAO route. My complaint is the lack of intelligence, manners, and social skills of a significant minority of passengers, which, coupled with their foul mouthed behaviour, can make flying with Ryanair "stressful" at times.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Lees George    (UK)

Going to Spain for over one week and you have got to go find a computer and a printer to print off your return boarding pass, unless you do what Ryanair want you to do and buy a more expensive ticket and book a seat. Now when you are looking at the flight and ready to book it does not tell you about any of this until you have paid for the ticket, then when you come to get your boarding pass then you are stung with this. It is disgraceful. If you have a elderly mother like I have you have no option buy to pay, as how can she use a pc and printer in a foreign land. Never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 April 2014 by B Rechena    (Belgium)

Horrible experience from Lisbon to Brussels on 23/4/2014. Not only passengers were treated like cattle, but the flight had a 45 minute delay. The worst part was that I could not take my personal cabin size luggage into the cabin. Furthermore, I was travelling with a 3 year old and no logical explanation was given concerning the criteria to select passengers who could not take their cabin luggage. All personnel (at the airport and in-flight) was very rude and not even an apology for the delay was given. Finally, the tickets were not that cheap. Common sense is urgently needed!

Ryanair Customer review :  24 April 2014 by P Smith    (UK)

I cannot fault Ryanair on our recent trip to France. Flew out 16th April and back on 23rd April. We were 10 minutes late setting off (through no fault of their own, someone had left a buggy at the steps and could not fly until they found the owner). The pilot made up the lost time and we landed on time in France. The return flight left on time and we arrived 25 mins early in England. Check in etc were smooth and no problems.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 April 2014 by A Edwards    (UK)

Ryanair are a rip off, we booked a 2 week holiday with Ryanair, able to print off our boarding passes for the flight out but not for the flight back. I assumed you were just given them at the airport on the way back, when we arrived at the airport we went to the check in desk and were directed to another desk where they told us that we would have to pay 350 or we would not be allowed on the flight, as a family with 4 young children we had no choice but to hand over the money. This is a terrible way to run an airline taking all that money from a family and being told we would have to pay or we would not be getting on the flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 April 2014 by M Jablkowska    (UK)

Stansted - Warsaw Modlin - Stansted. FR2286 and FR1021. I have only recently started using them (I lived near Heathrow before so Stansted wasn't an option). The prices are extraordinary and, if you follow the rules closely and diligently, then the prices remain extraordinary. The people who complain, for the large part, seem to be people who did not (or could not) comply with the rules. But the rules are clear.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Michael Dee    (Greece)

It was a fantastic trip from beginning to end. I flew from EMA (East Midland Airport) to CHQ Chanea. The plane was clean, my paid extra allocated seat was comfortable and spacious. The flight departed and arrived on time. The crew were helpful. I would fly with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by P Kowalski    (Poland)

Rome to Poznan, great flight although almost full, smiling staff, the pilot informed twice about the route and the weather conditions. Cherry on the cake, we arrived 35 mins ahead of schedule which was highly appreciated by all the passengers. Highly recommended, great value for money.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Gillian Magee    (UK)

I have flown with Ryanair many times over the past 6 years and I have just two wishes. Firstly that they would stop being secretive about their latest scam and secondly if they continue to fly to Valencia they consider not changing flight details with such short notice. In March I booked some flights home from Alicante having read in their terms and conditions that they were changing the 14 day check in online to 30 days from April. However nowhere did it mention that they would be charging for the privilege or I most definitely would have booked easyjet who have had the free 30 day check in for sometime. In relation to Valencia flights they have two scheduled flights a week. In the past after disagreement with Valencia they just cancelled the whole route so I was pleased it recommenced even if it was from Manchester. They have now had to push the Monday flight back by half an hour and have given me 3 weeks notice of the change. It now lands at 11pm. Now that doesn't seem like a lot, but unfortunately it has quite an impact cost wise as the majority of the car hire firms in Valencia close at 11 and therefore charge you 30-40 euros to open later. Sadly I'll have to now give up on Ryanair just when I think they were really trying hard. I have always followed the rules and never been disappointed with them to be honest you get what you pay for but I'm finally getting to old to try and stay ahead of their next money making change and 7 days check in is ridiculous so it's back to Easyjet.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by R Ramsay    (UK)

I would like (or a change) to compliment Ryanair on the way they handle my recent cancellation of my flight from Edinburgh to Alicante, the staff were very supportive and understanding on our bereavement, the cancellation and rebooking took place with dignity.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by T Campbell    (Canada)

We flew from Glasgow to Dublin with this company, the staff were very inexperienced and basically rude. We were not aware that we had to print our own boarding pass, this information was sent to our home email address, problem being we had already left home to start our trip before we received it. We were told very abruptly by a staff member that we would have to get a boarding pass, other wise we were, "not getting through". We asked where we could get one and he sent us back to a young fellow that asked us if we were told that there was a fee, obviously the older "bully" left it up to the young fellow to break the news of the seventy pound fee. To add insult to injury on our return journey when we passed over our boarding passes that our hotel printed for us, they were ripped in half by the airline staff. Which makes it more ridiculous that we had to pay 70 pounds for a piece of paper to get it ripped up. Needless to say we will never be travelling with this company again. Since our experience we have heard of many, many complaints from other past customers.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Jamie Boynton    (UK)

Flight 2626, 6 May, MAN-IBZ. Ryanair have recently changed the rules regarding online check in. "General Allocated Seats - Customers who don't wish to pay for an allocated seat can check-in online between 7 days to 2 hours prior to each flight and will be allocated a seat free of charge". If you are going away for 7 days or more you will need to either purchase your seats for the return flight before you leave, find an internet cafe while abroad to print your boarding pass within the 7 days. Or check in at the airport which costs 70. This change in procedure will definitely deter me from traveling with Ryanair again, which is a shame as I fly with them 6 or 7 times a year. and have never had cause for complaint.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Eddiey Conroy    (UK)

I have been travelling with Ryanair for 4 years and I travel at least 3 times a year to Dublin from Birmingham. I have no complaints except for on one trip we had to travel to EMA as flights were fogbound and it would have been nice to have someone to explain what had happened.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 April 2014 by C Cunniffe    (UK)

Flew with Ryanair for the first time last weekend, never again. Took my grandson to Ireland for his birthday. Our return was very upsetting, got to the airport 5 hours early, was told by Ryanair we couldn't check in until 2 hours before flight. When I returned to check in was told I would have to pay because I had not done it online, which was more than the flights 70 Euros each which spoilt our break.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Robert Oranje    (Australia)

We booked a ticket from Eindhoven to Venice for 29 Euro per person. We arrived 2.5 hours prior to departure and went to check in. We were told by staff that we had to check in online, told that the online check-in closes 5 hours prior to departure. If we wanted to still travel we had to pay a 280 Euro fine.