Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Paul Harvey    (UK)

Stansted to Budapest return. Both flights left a few minutes late and arrived almost on time. Cabin crew worked hard, seats were not too uncomfortable. By following the rules, we purchased and paid nothing additional - hence it was great value. The new seven day check-in rule is a bit of a pain because it applies for each leg of the trip separately. So (seven days in advance) we had to check in for the flight out on the 12th May and for the flight back on the 14th. It would be nice to be able to do them both on the same outward day.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 May 2014 by O Hayes    (UK)

Pre-paid for seats as we were travelling with a 4 year old and needed to sit with her, at Stansted they called Priority and Pre Booked seats on first, on returning from Perpignan they did not call pre booked seats. On checking our tickets we noticed a * against Other Queue - does this mean you have paid for pre-booked seats? Neither ground or aircrew knew what it means!

Ryanair Customer review :  22 May 2014 by A Bishop    (UK)

Ryanair's business model appears to me to revolve around cheap ticket pricing with highly complicated and rigid terms and conditions which the majority of people will fall foul of, thus allowing Ryanair to introduce additional costs hence restoring their profits. Placed a booking, Ryanair changed the rules between the time I placed my booking and date of flying which meant they expect me to receive return flight boarding cards by email whilst on holiday and then try to get the hotel to print them out for me. There are too many ifs, buts and maybes in that scenario so, alternatively - pay 13 per person to be able to print boarding cards before we leave the UK.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 May 2014 by L Gatmaitan    (Philippines)

We (myself, my wife and our two sons) booked flight FR 8412 months in advance from Milan Bergamo to Budapest on April 29, 2014. We checked and confirmed the flight status on the Ryanair website the night before the flight. We got an email from Ryanair a few hours before departure saying the flight had been cancelled without stating any reason whatsoever. We tried calling the Ryanair hotline to no avail. We checked the Ryanair website and called Bergamo airport to check if there were other Ryanair flights to Budapest as we had a pre-paid rooms that night in a Budapest hotel and definitely had to be there the next morning a the very latest. There were no flights on the same day or the following day from any Milan airport. We had to commute to Milan Malpensa to buy expensive alternate flights to Budapest with an overnight connection at Warsaw. Ryanair is an absolute nightmare of an airline. An utter waste of time and money and the absolute pits in customer service. We will never book it again. Our travel insurance will not fully cover all the expenses we were constrained to incur because of this cancelled flight. Please spare yourselves the aggravation.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 May 2014 by V Gee    (UK)

Me and 5 other girls flew Ryanair from Manchester to Tenerife and back again on May 9th 2014. Overall not too bad I guess for a budget airline but the new introduction of the 7 day boarding pass malarkey meant we were stung on the return flight for 70 euros. As this is on the return flight we had obviously spent up and had to contact one of the groups husbands to ask if we cold charge to his credit card to get us home. At no point was this new procedure explained to us (and yes I appreciate it is probably in the very small print but if you are a regular flyer with Ryanair (which the girl who booked was) you would expect something like this to at least be mentioned when you book) and I can in no way begin to fathom how they can justify 70 euros. It is simple case of robbery and Ryanair should be ashamed of themselves. We were by no means the only people caught out with this phenomenal fee and it certainly feels like you are being held to ransom. Another peev was that when we boarded some people had to put their hand luggage in the checked in luggage area as we were told there was no room in the above holders - lie! They were nearly empty. Because of the unjustifiable boarding pass scam I will certainly never book a Ryanair flight of my own accord and I will be telling anyone who chooses to, to think before flying Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 May 2014 by S Thompson    (UK)

My flight was cancelled on May 15th in Spain due to French air traffic controllers being on strike. We got to the gate, within 20 mins of departure, then screen flashed up cancelled and Ryanair staff vanished as well. Had to queue for 5 hours (standing) for replacement booking over 30 hours later. Cancellation not Ryanair's fault but their staff were few and did not seem to know much. Were put up in a hotel but had to pay for meals which I will try to reclaim. Some people tried rebooking on their mobiles but site kept crashing. Bit of a shambles, really!

Ryanair Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Michael Shoesmith    (UK)

Flew Paphos-London Stansted on 16th May 2014 and brilliant! We left arrived into Stansted 47 minutes ahead of schedule, thanks to the winds and that is the first time ever! Cabin Crew forgot my Curry Noodles, but that was fine and were very friendly when I requested it. For 32.99 Euros, a bargain for a 2000 mile trip. Adhere to the rules and its worth the price. As for the 7 days check-in boarding card snipe, Internet Cafes are cheap these days to quickly visit and print off the result, but 10 days would be better I guess.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Peter Wilson    (UK)

On its new website it started with a 'contact us' form (carefully buried in the depths of their website). That contact form has now got a very clever gimmick - there's a 'comments' box for freehand input, but you cannot use it because you first have to select a 'category of comment/complaint'. The moment you do this, the freehand box disappears, because they want you to use only their computerised answers. Basically Ryanair has not changed its spots in the slightest.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Barry Foster    (UK)

I am a regular flyer with ryanair and have booked 26 flights over the last 10 months, But now they are really starting to annoy me. I booked a flight for myself ,wife and daughter in December for this may because of the good flight times. Several months later Ryanair move the flight times back 7 hours meaning we will lose the first day of our holiday. Now we can't print off our return boarding cards which means we must spend another day of our holiday looking for a internet cafe in rural Spain. I for one will looking to use other airlines if this stupid 7-Day Rule continues.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Sonora Chen    (UK)

I don't appreciate their staff service before boarding. In my experience, when I was leaving from Birmingham for Barcelona, I was requested to put my cabin luggage into the sizer without reminding. Since my luggage which its design is flexible and there are two rows of zippers, at that moment, it was not suitable for the sizer. I said I can try to make it smaller but there were three staff crowed to me and threatened me they didn't have time to let me organise my items and charge me the penalty immediately. Their attitudes were like robbers and I didn't have any options then, because there was nobody beside me. Actually, when I returned from Barcelona, the same luggage and there were even more items inside, but I've used a belt to tie it up. Therefore, the length is much less than 20 cm and it perfectly fit the sizer. Due to the delayed flight, every passenger was on board without any checking size of their baggage when I left form Barcelona for Birmingham, I've also noticed that most of the suitcases were much larger than me but nobody was requested for penalty. I understand terms and conditions of Ryanair in advance. But what a shame the attitude of Ryanair’staff made is unpleasant and 50 pound is not a small fee for me. How come they charged it without any warning (If I could have one more minute to organise my suitcase.) before boarding, especially originally I've been tagged the yellow label in the queue, however they changed their mind and enforced me when there were no other customers at the boarding gate. I won't recommend anyone to be Ryanair customer and would tell them the story to warn them if they still have to.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 May 2014 by E Williams    (UK)

I will never fly with this airline again until they do way with this ridiculous 7 day check in rule. Yes you can print your out going cards no problem but you cannot now print your return journey if you are on holiday for more than 7 days! Oh sorry you can? If you pay 10 euros a seat extra for allocated seats! Beware folks, it does not say anything about this until after have made the original booking. So this now means that I will have to find an internet cafeť whilst on holiday or pay 70 euros for each boarding pass. What a scam. Just cannot understand Ryanair on this one. Yes, they probably hope to make more money on seats and fines but on the other it will deter a lot of people from booking with them if they are on a trip which lasts for more than 7 days, they will lose money this way surely?

Ryanair Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Brian Short    (UK)

The new 7 day boarding pass is a Con and Ryanair know it, it's just another way of getting more money from you, this is not pointed out when you make a booking with them. If this was known when you make the booking that would be fine, you would know the cost and that would be that. Now you have to find someone to print off the boarding pass when on holiday, not always easy to do. Thumbs down for Ryanair on this one.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Putt Bryon    (UK)

My wife and I were invited to Milan to visit a company. This company kindly paid for the return flights and emailed me the tickets. Not being able to read Italian I didn't realise that Boarding Cards had to be obtained on- line (FOC). I thought they would be issued when booking in as per my previous experience with BA etc. When we arrived at Stansted we had to purchase the boarding cards at total price of £140.00. This took a maximum of 3 minutes and two pieces of paper to produce. The return flight was delayed for just over 2 hours. This cost me an extra £30.00 parking fee.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 May 2014 by J van Es    (Netherlands)

Last week we went from Brussels to Barcelona and back with Ryanair. Unfortunately, my husbands wallet was stolen on our last evening in Barcelona. The police told us that Ryanair could be difficult regarding missing ID. The desk employee however was very understanding and it took all of 30 seconds to place a phone call to Dublin and get the go-ahead. Two stamps later, no extra charge, and we were on the flight without any problems. Just thought that I should add this positive review to the complaints this airline gets.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 May 2014 by A Murray    (UK)

7 hour delay from Manchester to Palma airport, flight FR3441. Checked baggage in and no mention of delay, 5 minutes later through security it stated on the flight boards delayed to 00.40, original flight time 17.35. No one at the airport to talk to, only a phone at the help desk and then you could not get through. Eventually did speak to someone who did not explain the reason for the delay and explained that food vouchers would be given out at 20.30. Really poor customer service in my opinion. Hiding behind a telephone. Other families with very young children were told that the children under 5 not entitled to food vouchers. Do under 5s not eat and drink? Although this is a first for me with Ryanair, the 10 hours we were actually stuck in the airport as no one would let you out was exhausting and for that reason along with the rubbish customer care, I will never fly with them again. Avoid.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 May 2014 by A Tams    (UK)

Flew from EMA to AGP on Monday 5th May and returned Saturday 10th May. Both flights were ahead of schedule, customer service from the cabin crew was great, even though we didn't purchase anything onboard. Seating was as expected, flights were almost full both ways and noisy with disobedient children. It was our first flight with Ryanair, but I can say that we would fly them again, we are hardened BA fans for both short and long haul and will travel hours out of our way to London just to fly them, but Ryanair will definitely be given consideration next time we book a short haul flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 May 2014 by M Pease    (France)

Being a relatively frequent traveller on short haul sectors between FKB, SXB, BSL and STN, I am quite used to the speed at which the trolley passes, the frequent announcements and the dreaded trumpet fanfare signalling an on- time or ahead of schedule arrival. I read the T&C carefully, watch what I click on the website and generally survive the experience! Towards the end of April I took one of Ryanair's longest haul flights between STN and KGS (Kos), approx 3 hours 50 mins. What a different experience. Relaxed cabin crew, efficient service, no unnecessary announcements! A pleasure, despite somewhat hard seating, and a shortage of sandwiches on the return sector a week later. Charming staff, on-time flights, and good landings. Well done Ryanair. (And I never thought I'd say that! But in the case of my two flights 22/4 STN-KGS and 29/4 KGS-STN it reflects the quality of service I received!).

Ryanair Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Robert Shaw    (UK)

We flew from Luton to Gran Canaria and back. Both flights were full and both were on time. The seats were clean and comfortable. We were worried about Ryanair's reputation before the flight but these fears were unfounded. We will use Ryanair again. The only criticism that I have is the constant on board sales pitch for food, perfumes and scratch card. Other than that the flights were excellent.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Patrick O'Mahony    (France)

We flew to Dublin From Paris Beauvais. We were so unsatisfied with this unreasonable priced airline (who call themselves low cost), who were late (4 hour delay on a plane and were told that the only thing we could have to eat or drink was the water from the galley). We decided to not fly Ryanair for the return.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 May 2014 by A Paraskeva    (UK)

Flew four times with Ryanair, once on 10/01/14 and 13/03/14 from Birmingham to Dublin and return, FR663-FR666 and FR663-FR668. Both flights on time, friendly cabin crew and good PA announcements with a detailed journey of the flight. Cabin crew served a smile with their service, and was polite on all the flights I've encountered with them. Return flight on 13/03/14 FR668. Cabin crew very friendly. Aircraft's flown on was both 737-800, EI-DYP, EI-ESY, EI-EKK, EI-DYD.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 May 2014 by R Humphreys    (UK)

First time have flown with Ryanair, it was to Gran Canaria. Boarding cards easy to print out and able to pre book seats both ways. Plane was clean and plenty of leg room. Staff were very helpful during the flight. All in all will use Ryanair again. One thing the flight supervisors on both flights spoke far too fast it may be a small thing but very hard to understand.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Fincher Jennifer    (UK)

I have used Ryanair before this April when I went to Tenerife and have mainly found them ok, however on this last trip I printed out the boarding cards for the flight out and was not taken to the flights back so thought I couldn't print those out. However, when arriving at Tenerife South and standing in the queue for ages I was told I would have to pay 70 euros for each boarding card to be printed, also I apparently hadn't booked a case which was a little strange as I had booked one on the way out. After queuing I was sent to the Ryanair desk where I was told I would have to pay 140 euros. So two pensioners had to fork out 140 euros for something that took 2 seconds. It will be a long while before I use Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Barrington McCabe    (UK)

The first time we have used Ryanair as we tend to travel more upmarket as price is not an issue, but our son in law booked our flights to Barcelona, we were very impressed. Good flights and on time. Would definitely recommend. If you keep to the rules there is no problems.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 May 2014 by J Hughes    (UK)

Stansted-Barcelona out last Tues back Fri. If O'Leary means what he say's about improving customer service and maintains low/competitive prices they will regain my custom and no doubt that of several friends and colleagues. However I wonder if his apparent change of direction will be truly 'trained in' or is just a sop to shareholders? Until now his is the attitude that all his staff try to emulate and it's not pretty!

Ryanair Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Daniel Webb    (UK)

Although personally I prefer Easyjet and think the service is better, everybody on here moaning about various issues / things to do with Ryanair, need to realise they're booking a flight on a budget airline which can be priced at 20% of the cost of flying with a national carrier such as BA or KLM or other tour operator airlines such as Monarch, Thomas Cook or TUI, only if booked at the right time. People moaning about not being able to print boarding passes or check in for more than a week in advance, should book reserved seating on the aircraft, this allows you to check in and print boarding passes for the following 30 days! Ryanair makes it's profits from various add ons - i.e baggage, seat allocation, expensive food/drinks. Once all this is added the difference in cost with booking with another airline is still substantial. I am flying to Gran Canaria next week, for which I have paid £106.48 return including the added seat allocation reservation. I checked in for both flights on the 17th April. I shall be taking a sandwich onto the flight, which will saved me paying £6 for a tasteless one from Ryanair, I'll even take a soft drink on board. When booking my flight, I had the option to fly Thomas Cook, Norwegian Air, or Jet2 on the days I wanted to travel - however all 3 were over £300! I could of flown BA via Madrid for££233 alternatively, but that would of meant changing aircraft, and flying the second part of my journey using Iberia from Madrid, hence taking nearly 7 hours.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Peter Routledge    (Spain)

Now retired, my job took me all over the world, I am an ex constant-flyer. I have been using Ryanair flights from Reus, on average, 5 times a year for 10 years. Providing that you read the booking site carefully and conform, there should be very few snags. I've encountered two delayed flights, neither of which was down to Ryanair and one bottle of corked red wine. On the plus side is the consistently excellent value-for-money fares and rapid turn- around. Recent improvements are welcome, cabin staff seem brighter - but best of all, if you drop a clanger when booking it is now possible to correct it.