Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  27 November 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

STN-TLL. It's a revelation traveling Ryanair with a checked bag, in which case, there are no worries about being weighed, gate-checked, paying fees, etc. Ryanair's Stansted terminal is really nice and has plenty of seating, shops, etc., unlike a lot of newer budget airline terminals. The airline's service has improved, on-board staff have always been friendly and involved, and I was lucky to get a bulkhead seat so there was enough legroom this time too. Can't beat for the price.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 November 2013 by P Hepworth    (UK)

This was the first time we had flown with Ryanair, flying from Leeds Bradford to Corfu. We had heard so many negative comments about this airline, but we speak as we find and everything about this airline was excellent. We pre booked our seats and when we approached the seats they had reserved on them. We have never had so much leg room, we also found the seats to be comfy. The aircraft left on time and arrived in Corfu early. When we landed we had a trumpet played to us, apparently this is always done when a flight arrives on time or is early. The plane was spotlessly clean and to be quite honest looked brand new. The people working on the plane were extremely courteous and very very smart. I would not hesitate in recommending Ryanair to anyone.

Ryanair Customer review :  22 November 2013 by E Boyce    (USA)

Nov 14: flight 6374: Barcelona to Paris Beauvais. Under no circumstances should you fly this airline. They offer a cheap up-front cost because they look for any and every way to charge you on other items. No boarding passes printed? 70 Euros each. Extra bag? Not a chance. 25 more Euros. Bag over the weight limit? 20 Euros per kilo. Water on the flight? Nope - must buy it. Sitting through odd sales pitches (i.e. 2014 Girls of Ryanair Calendar) during the flight? Sure - those are free.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Steve Winstanley    (UK)

This was our first flight with Ryanair and it wont be the last. We as a family flew Liverpool to Dublin return, out early morning the flight was exactly on time, the plane was clean the crew friendly and we got seats together so no complaints. On the return we were delayed by 2 hours due to fog (no fault of the airline) this time a full flight but still got seats together. We paid a very reasonable price and got a very good service, what more could we ask?

Ryanair Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Rob Bloom    (Switzerland)

Value for money was great. No on board entertainment, no services at all. But I didn't expect any of them. So if you only want to flight from point A to B, Ryanair is perfect!

Ryanair Customer review :  14 November 2013 by J Bardon    (UK)

Smooth faultless 2 hour flight with Ryanair from CCF to JLA, friendly cabin crew, more importantly on time. Pretty much what you'd expect from Ryanair really.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Mills    (UK)

Vilnius to Leeds/Bradford Oct 18th. My complaint is about the airport departure experience. Being a party of 5 with a baby we paid for priority boarding. What this meant in practice was that we had the pleasure (!) of standing at the head of a queue for about 75 minutes. The flight was about 30 mins late arriving and departing, which must have been known by the departure gate staff, yet they made no attempt deal with the queue that formed either by telling people to go and sit down while waiting, or delaying checking people through the gate. I have written to Ryanair, but am awaiting a response as I write. I can't rubbish them completely as the flight was relatively comfortable and onboard staff were quite pleasant. I understand Ryanair is to introduce a policy of seat allocation, this should stop a lot of the problem we experienced, though not the part where airport gate staff let passengers through the gate over half an hour before departure.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 November 2013 by Lise Omdal    (Norway)

Plane new. Cabin crew OK. Punctual, free seating, so I was not seated next to my travel companion. Food and drinks for sale - I didn't try them. Constant nagging on the PA about sales, sales and more sales. Seats not reclinable. No entertainment. Leaving from remote airport, arrived at remote airport. You get what you pay for.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 November 2013 by K Denner    (Ireland)

We've just returned from a Mid term trip from Knock to Gran Canaria. A very pleasant experience both legs of the journey. Flights on time and the staff very friendly and pleasant. We had booked priority boarding which does make a difference particularly travelling with Children. The inflight menu is extensive and prices are not extreme - just a little dearer than high street. No baggage issues at all and in general a very pleasant journey - €600 return for 4 people from Ireland to the Canaires at Mid Term.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M O'Hogain    (Ireland)

It was my first time using Ryanair on a trip to London. I booked online and went into manage my booking to book a wheelchair at Dublin and Stansted. I printed both boarding passes and was glad to see wheelchair booked on both boarding card. At Dublin airport got the wheelchair all the way to the departure gate. At Stanstead there were 3 wheelchairs to collect passengers, I was brought all the way through the airport and out to the bus stop for London. The cabin crew were friendly. On the return trip the process was the same in reverse.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by G Lumley    (UK)

I have just flown from Dublin to Manchester. It was my first time flying with Ryanair and I really wasn't looking forward to the flight as I have heard many extremely bad reviews. The flight in all honestly was not a bad flight, we arrived 15 minutes early into Manchester and I have no complaints regarding the crew on board they were pleasant and polite. This company have a terrible reputation for trying to get money any which way they can, however if you read the terms and conditions properly there should be no reason for you to part with your hard earned cash. The seat pitch was fine for me a female at 5ft 4 inches and for the 45 minute duration but I can imagine it must be extremely uncomfortable for men as I can imagine if you tall it would be awful for those longer flights. One thing which I really didn't like was the non-existent seat allocation. I felt as if I was part of a cattle herd trying to get on board as people had started to queue an hour before we were due to depart to ensure families got seats together. Ryanair overall is not terrible, you get what you pay for. They are a budget no frills airline and I think people tend to forget about that. There is no inflight entertainment, not even an inflight magazine, people who expect these things really need to remember how much they paid for the flight. I will fly again if they are the cheapest option.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by E Davies    (UK)

My son has just returned from a school trip to Italy. They flew out with Easyjet to Sorrento and back with Ryanair from Rome. We had been told that the maximum hold luggage was 20kg for both flights. Going out was no problem but coming back became a nightmare for him. His suitcase weighed 15.9kg, at check in. His case was weighed on 3 different machines which all gave different weights. The person behind the desk was not helpful and told him he would have to pay 70 euros for excess, my son informed the assistant that he had no hand luggage which would have given him a further 10kg. But all this person wanted was money from him, my son's teacher then became involved. In fairness to him he himself refused to allow my son to pay the excess. My son had to open his case and thankfully some of his friends took items out and carried it through in their hand luggage. All the time this was happening my son was being made very aware that the flight would close soon! Personally I would never book with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by T Best    (UK)

Stansted to Barcelona (Reus), FR3842 outbound, 25/10/13, FR3842 return, 28/10/13. Although I had checked in online I was unable to print a boarding pass do to a non working printer. This did not concern me as I knew there were PCs at the airport. I was stunned to discover that Ryanair locks the ability to print a boarding pass within 2 hours of flying. I was absolutely livid when I was told that I would have to pay 70 to have Ryanair staff print a boarding pass, or more accurately give me a code which I had to take to their computer terminal and print my own. Outrageous.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 November 2013 by J Ezuma    (UK)

I set off from Stansted to Madrid last week only to be forced to pay 70 at the point of entry because I could not print out the boarding pass due to complications on how to go about it. On return I tried to print out another boarding pass but still not possible, I went to the airport a day before my departure in there desk but nothing came out of it. The next day I was made to pay another Euro 70.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 November 2013 by J Bransby    (UK)

We have chosen to fly with Ryanair from BRS-Chania (Crete) in August 2014, they were at least 300 cheaper than the alternative easyJet flight from BRS-Heraklion. The flight times were perfect too. So we booked with them due to recommendations, cost and convenience. The charges are clearly outlined on the conformation e-mail that you must print the passes before you reach the airport! In my opinion, people that turn up at the airport without their printed pass are asking for the extra charge. If you don't have a printer, then pay for check-in at the airport! Everybody knows Ryanair is about cheap, basic travel and if you're expecting anything different then you are ridiculous. I very much look forward to flying with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 November 2013 by David Hulbert    (UK)

Travelled from Stansted to Palermo return. Website very unclear over charges resulting us having to pay 150% more for bag on return! No Ryanair employees at airport. Return late due to earlier problems at Stansted - these things happen but nearing arrival at Stansted passengers asked to pick up all rubbish from under seats as the crew didn't have time at Palermo! Stunning way of showing that the customer is important. Try and complain online next day? Virtually impossible! No in-flight entertainment.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Vanessa Flores    (USA)

We just had a flight from Rome to Madrid a few days ago, and needed to do my online check in. Me and my mother did the check in through the website and through the iPhone app, and waited for the confirmation email the night before the flight. We never got it. Being tourists we don't know where to go or complaint and get the issue resolved, so we head to Ciampino airport to be informed that without the printed boarding pass, we have to pay 70 EUR for the boarding pass. If I didn't get the email, even 8 hours after checking in online, what am I to print if I never received anything. No customer service at Ciampino, no Ryanair employees on site.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by P Copp    (UK)

I have never been spoken to so rudely or treated with such contempt. I understood I should check in online but as I had problems printing this, I was lead to understand that all details would be held by Ryanair and this would be fine. The staff were rude and unhelpful. When I requested assistance printing in the airport I was sent to customer services, only to find that they did not open until 06.00, my flight was at 05.55. My partner and myself both have eye problems and when I again requested some assistance I was very curtly told "just put your glasses on". We struggled to use the PC, only to discover that the printer was in fact out of order. I was left with no option but to pay 140 for two boarding passes to be printed at the touch of a button. We eventually got ourselves and a single case weighing 20.03kg on our way to Corfu. I was therefore totally amazed when the same case, minus two pair of shoes that were thrown away and toiletries that were used, weighed 22.50kg. I would have assumed this wasn't possible but at Ryanair anything can happen.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 October 2013 by H Wandby    (UK)

We travelled as a party, my child who is only 10 and had never flown before couldn't sit with me or her dad as there was no seats, my nephew wasn't with his mother either - I could'nt believe how we were all separated from each other and a child sitting without a parent. I was annoyed that there was so many seats at the front of the plane where we could have sat together but had rope around them. The crew were rude and not helpful.