Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Brown Christina    (Australia)

Extremely annoying booking system, spent a lot of time attempting to print the boarding passes for my husband and I for our flight from Carcassonne to East Midlands for Friday after-noon 2nd May 2014. I was so frustrated with the Ryanair website and so annoyed that in the end I went to "Reprint your boarding pass" section. Well, what a big joke that turned out to be. When we arrived at the airport we were slugged with a whopping 140 euro penalty charge for not having the boarding passes. I feel obligated to pre-warn as many of my travel contacts/friends as possible to my experience. Surely Ryanair can offer a better booking system. What a ripped-off feeling.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 June 2014 by B Watson    (UK)

I recently flew from Limoges to Stansted on a Sunday. I tried to book in by computer but the page would not accept my information. I tried phoning the help number but found they did not work weekends. When I arrived at the airport I was charged the extra 70 euros. What would have been a cheap flight worked out to be very expensive. Why is it one has to book-in twice? Once on the computer and once at the airport? Oh, of course, silly me. They make more money this way. I have used the Dinard-Stanstead route many times and found it quite useful and cheap but this double booking is just a rip-off. It's supposed to be cheap but I've actually worked out I can do it for the same price on another airline. And how can I avoid paying for their insurance? Another rip-off.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Joan Minihan    (Ireland)

I flew from Shannon to Nice in May on Ryanair's new route. The flight schedule was excellent as it left around ten am. I was in Nice by 2pm. (local time.). The flight was comfortable, the price was right but for me the best thing was being allocated a seat for my flight. Being allowed to have my hand bag with me was also a bonus. Long may this route continue!

Ryanair Customer review :  6 June 2014 by M Johnson    (USA)

By far the worst airline I have been on. As many others have experienced - I had to pay an extra $70 for each person to check in because I did not know you had to check in online. I was traveling out of Switzerland and the Ryanair representatives through Swissair were rude and not helpful at all! We arrived 3 hours early and asked to check in and were told to wait until 2 hours before. 2 hours before we were told we should have already checked in so we had to pay an extra $210 for the 3 of us! As far as the airline goes, you feel a little like cattle. There is no leg room, and obviously cheap seats. Terrible customer service, and although it seems cheep at first - there are extra charges for everything!

Ryanair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Lynne Harris    (UK)

We travelled with Ryanair in May to Menorca. We had no problems at all, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Will go with Ryanair again later this year.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by R Grevatte    (UK)

Penalty for not checking in for return flight is extortion.70 a head, making it a 280 blow for my young family and I. We started outward journey at 4am so no time to check in then, stayed in a remote place with no internet or computer. Had to sit separately on flight from my young family, 3 and 6 year olds, who hated it. Cabin crew completely hopeless at finding way to allow us to sit together. Overall very disappointing will never use Ryanair again, long gone are the days of 0.99 flights. You can't even complain properly, and when you do eventually make contact with someone, they don't apologise or use your actual name, disgusting customer service, ridiculous systems all round!

Ryanair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

DUB-STN and then STN-SVQ a couple of days later. Effortless flying really, just a gripe with the horrendous food you have to buy (obviously you don't have to). Had something that was meant to be fresh but had a best before of July 15. The cabin crew never look happy and were nice to the pax but, not so much to each other.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Richard Pym    (UK)

Travelled LPL-LDY with a 3 year old. No complaints at all. With Ryanair, know the rules and play by them and its no problem at all. Assigned seating is a huge improvement and the website is better than it was. I travel this route frequently and the punctuality is very good.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Ucfaaay    (UK)

I've flown a lot over the past decade, but have never used Ryanair. The first time was a return trip from London Stansted to Santander in May 2014 (FR2612 / FR2613). Despite worries about Ryanair's reputation it was a very positive experience. The flights, including 15 kg of baggage and all extras, were very reasonably priced. Both outward and return flights landed a few minutes. Return leg saw us being placed in emergency exit seats rather than our allocated seats, which meant extra legroom. Cabin was clean. Seats don't recline, but were fine. By following all Ryanair's instructions (printing boarding passes etc.) no extra money had to be paid. Would happily use them again in the future.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Allan Abdullah    (UK)

I travelled from London to Oslo. The flight arrived early, staff were respectful and the plane was clean and comfortable. Would definitely travel on Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 May 2014 by L Melville    (Canada)

We flew from Pisa to Barcelona, the inflight staff were nice but the ones at the airport were horrible and rude. By the time you add in all the extra costs it is no longer a deal.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by J Baxter    (UK)

Flew Glasgow Prestwick to Lanzarote on 28th April, no problems at all, knew we had 2 print the boarding passes though why anyone can say they didn't know they had to do this amazes me. Our hotel kindly printed the return passes for us but there were plenty of internet cafes around so it would have been simple for us to do this ourselves. Have booked flights to Mallorca for August at a great price and I'm sure I will have the same relaxing time, if people keep within the rules then all will be ok.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by M Thomas    (UK)

Liverpool to Limoges out and Limoges to East Midlands in. No problems. Ryanair do just what they say, transport people who want to travel at an economical price and get them from A to B. I'm a regular user on this route and never yet had a problem. Eat before you get to the airport, make sure your bag fits in the frame as soon as you arrive at the airport and your chances of a nasty surprise are minimised. I'm not certain I'd recommend them for family, fully laden holiday travel but for one guy alone with minimal baggage it's a great way to travel cheaply. - I'm satisfied.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by R Chi    (UK)

My husband and I fly Ryanair about 4 times a year, we have no problems with them at all. Providing you know the t&cs and abide by them. People who moan about boarding pass issues mostly only have themselves to blame. As to people who moan about the on time fanfare, they really need to get a grip, it last about two seconds live with it! In February we were unable to land at East Midlands because of high winds and were diverted to Birmingham. We found Ryanair to be very organised, coaches waiting and back to East Midlands in no time. I do admit that the new timings regarding printing of boarding passes is a pain but for goodness sake pay an extra 10 and print your return passes before you go away.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by E Evans    (UK)

The flight times from Birmingham to Barcelona worked out, along with the cost of the flights and having recently seen Ryanair's marketing campaign to make themselves more customer friendly we felt it was time to try them again. I made the mistake of not checking in online which I realised was against company policy and by the time I had tried to do this the two hour curfew was on and I couldn't do it. This meant checking in at the airport for the sum of 70 per head (140 in total) for myself and my wife. I completely understand the argument of a web based airline and would expect to have to pay extra for the privilege but those sort of charges are punitive and unfortunately destroy the more customer focused marketing approach Ryanair are trying - a shame!

Ryanair Customer review :  28 May 2014 by J Bennett    (UK)

Bologna-Bristol-Bologna. New route with exceptional fares. Ryanair at its best, flights on time and no fuss travel from A to B. Crew were great but on the return were particularly polite and professional. The allowance of a small extra bag makes a big difference. I hope they make a go of this new route.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Gazal    (USA)

I would not recommend Ryanair. I recently flew from Paris to Barcelona with my wife. We were hoping to save a few dollars by flying this cheap airline. We paid for it. First, airport where they fly out of is about 80km from Paris so you will pay extra to get there and it will cost you time. Then, when you get there be prepared to pay 10 euros for every kilo overweight (max 20 kilos per checked bag, most airlines give 25 kilos per checked bag). Finally, don't forget to print your boarding pass because if you don't you will pay 70 euros per person for them to do it at the airport (this was twice as much as the actual ticket). I highly recommend avoiding this airline. Every passenger before us was very much aggravated in some capacity for one reason or the other.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Henderson    (UK)

Flying about 4 times a year to Spain, this year I checked out Ryanair flights which were a little cheaper. so went with them. Unfortunately the 3 flights booked have all been changed, some by just a few hours, but on one in particular leaves me with a loss of almost a days holiday.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by R Williams    (UK)

After paying to reserve a window seat on my flight to Palma Mallorca on 10 May 2014, I was horrified to find that my seat 11A did not have a window at all. There was nothing on the aircraft plan to show that there was a bulkhead where a window should be. I did not see a thing for the duration of the flight which was annoying to say the least, as my wife and I enjoy looking down on the view below.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Boison    (UK)

Prestwick to Gran Canaria return. Both flights on time, did pay for extra legroom, worth the money for a 4 hour flight. Had our cabin baggage removed at Prestwick as they had passed their 90 bag rule, staff ensured personal items (passports, money etc) were removed. On return we were allowed them in the cabin. Very overpriced onboard product but if you don't want to buy it, then don't. Staff friendly.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 May 2014 by B Thompson    (UK)

Use of Ryanair is generally a last resort. Flight last Friday from Treviso to Bristol was due to take off at 15:20 but about 30mins beforehand a small storm arrived with torrential rain and lightning meant there was likely to be some delay. However passengers were still gathered around the very small and enclosed gate area as normal and only at departure time was the board updated to show an hour delay. Everyone, including several disabled passengers in wheelchairs stayed, expecting aircraft arrival and loading as indicated. The storm had passed and other aircraft were moving. No further updates were given and an hour later a further hour delay was updated on the gate display. With no seating for most passengers, no refreshments and no information people were becoming unhappy, especially as another delayed flight were packed into the same space. When the third hour delay was put up on the display it was accompanied by advice notices for passengers advising of EU travel rights! When the plane eventually arrived just before the third hour of delay and passengers allowed to board the crew were more concerned with making sure we were aware they were due to be off duty soon - no word of any apology for delay from anyone. Part way into the flight back it was then announced the crew was at their limit of allowed flight time and we would be diverted into Brussels for a new crew to board. On landing no crew, but another hour wait for them to be roused from homes to take over the flight. Why the operations staff did not allow for this originally is not known! Eventually arrived back in Bristol over four hours late. Needless to say will not be rushing to use Ryanair again anytime soon!

Ryanair Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Rob Whitby    (UK)

This stupid 7 day check in was not highlighted when I purchased the flights. My wife and I had to travel a day ahead of our due flight time and could not print off our return tickets. Oour Spanish holiday was spent in the mountains with no facility to access a computer. I rang their customer care line and emailed 4 times asking for help - no reply to either request. I was left with no option than to pay 40 extra to check in. This is my first and last booking with this company.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 May 2014 by E Gorman    (Ireland)

I was warned by several family members to not fly with Ryanair, but the flight I wanted with my friends was cheap so I didn't mind so much. I'm usually a very easy going person but Ryanair make my blood boil! They changed my flight time by more than 8 hours, meaning that I would lose a day on my holiday, I applied for a refund as did my three other friends for the coming home flight (We rebooked another coming home flight for a few days later with Ryanair) All of my friends got their refund, however Ryanair refused to give me mine! They said that I cannot just refund one leg of the journey. Eventually they said they would refund it, 3 months later and I'm still waiting for money to be put back into my account. I highly recommend you don't put yourself in this kind of position to be tricked out of your money.