Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Gatos Spyros    (Greece)

SKG-STN-SKG return flight, Boeing 737-800. Full flights on both sectors. Clean cabin, friendly crew, prices a little expensive i think. Seats not so comfortable for a 3 hours flight and especially if the flight is full it gets worse. Overall, a good experience if you get a good price.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Peter Driscoll    (UK)

I have flown over 10 times with them! They provide a reasonably comfortable, safe and above all inexpensive flight to a good variety of destinations and those who complain have usually griped over some issue they always had control over ie. printing boarding passes, luggage allowance etc. Grow up people for heaven's sake, recognise a great facility when you see one.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Tsagkalidis Nikolaos    (Greece)

The first time I travelled with Ryanair my problem was that they were trying to find a way to make you pay 50 euros for your bag because it would not fit in their box, so I paid them the 50 euros. Second time I bought extra baggage so to be in the clear. I Flew from Thessaloniki to Milan and it was ok, they were still looking at your hands for luggage trying to find a way to charge you with something. On the way back from Milan to Thessaloniki I arrived at the gate at 7.10am (due to a general strike in Milan + an accident on the road), the plane was leaving at 7.25 am, despite the fact I told that I was delayed due to unforeseen circumstances the pilot refused to board the plane 15 minutes before take off.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Carl Trigg    (UK)

My girlfriend and I arrived early and were treated to a lengthy queue at Stansted before a manic rush for seats ensued. Does the company not realise that not allocating seats will cause this? It flares up tempers and causes the whole plane load of passengers to be angry from the start. I stored my hand luggage in the overhead compartment and when I eventually got (semi) comfortable in my tiny seat I was asked by the cabin crew to move my bag from the overhead compartment to under my seat. I am 6.5ft tall and I explained this to the cabin crew that I would not have any room for my legs if I did this. Both the outgoing and return journeys were the same with absolutely no comfort whatsoever and incessant adverts being played to us offering to sell e-cigs or take part in exciting competitions. Any food on offer was overpriced. The return flight from Venice (the out of town airport) was akin to my Army days in Northern Ireland. Normally reasonable people cooped up like battery hens in a hot and stuffy room forced to stand for 2 hours waiting for Ryanair to sort their act out. After 2 hours the queue system we have ourselves put in place started to crumble and people began to flare up. Once the doors opened it was literally a stampede. Dozens of angry sweaty people paying for the privilege of running a race. I was exhausted by the experience. They have absolutely no regard for your comfort or well being.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 December 2013 by D Whyte    (UK)

Day trip to Bremen 10th December from Stansted. As ever Ryanair was punctual and efficient. It is a flying bus from A to B. There is no ceremony involved. Ryanair has a couple of simple rules about baggage and to have your boarding pass before you arrive. If you can't arrange something as simple as printing out a piece of paper and complain that you have to pay for luggage on top of your massively cheap air ticket to begin with then just don't fly with these people. I'm off to Morocco next from Stansted for less than £70 return. One small backpack well within the limits with a few pairs of jeans and some T-shirts rolled up, neatly folded up colour printed boarding passes and remembering to sit on the right hand side of the aircraft to avoid the sun blazing through the window for the morning flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 December 2013 by M Davis    (UK)

First time with Ryanair. Just me and my two young grandchildren, we did have priority boarding but was still worried. Flew from Birmingham to Tenerife, no need to have worried but was glad I had priority boarding, more so on the return flight. Would use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Neil Harvey    (UK)

Tenerife to Manchester. Flight left on time and arrived 5 minutes early which they brag about on landing. Heavy landing at Manchester and hard braking as I believe there is an "early turn off" on the runway to allow them to get the gate faster and offloaded/onloaded quicker? First time I have used them for a while and the gaudy yellow and blue cabin interior is a bit hard on the eyes but the crew were friendly and efficient and the legroom and leather seats were better than the Monarch flight we flew down on. They will be better once they allow you to pre book a seat rather than the scrum to get on! Will use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by C Clark    (UK)

London Stansted to Fuerteventura, out on 20th November and return on 27th. First time with Ryanair, won't be the last. From the online booking, priority boarding, getting on getting off the whole experience was brilliant. Had a lot of negative comments from people before we traveled, we found it hassle free and relaxing. Staff were friendly and efficient No complaints.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Richard Lateano    (Spain)

The bad press surrounding Ryanair proved to be totally unjustified on my round trip Madrid-Cagliari-Madrid. Check- in and security was the quickest and most polite ever (especially at the dedicated check-in/security at Madrid. Boarding was orderly and uneventful (both in Madrid and Cagliari). We left on schedule and arrived early on both segments. The flight attendants were professional, polite and friendly. No negative comments at all and I'll be only too happy to fly with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Boy    (UK)

We returned from Gran Canaria to Stansted on the delayed flight (by 2 hours 20 min) on 7/8 December. The passenger next to me was drunk (shouting and carrying on) when he got on the plane. He then drank at least 10 miniature Bacardis and Pepsi supplied enthusiastically by cabin staff. Mercifully he fell asleep but did not fasten his seat belt during landing although he then stood up while the plane was still moving quite fast. There was no inspection of seat belts by cabin staff before landing nor was he told to sit down. Our seats were near the emergency door where passengers are supposed to assist with evacuation. He was a big man who was in no state to assist and would have been a serious hindrance if there had been an emergency. Clearly the policy of the cabin staff is to sell as much booze as possible and not bother with basic safety or the comfort of other passengers.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2013 by J Boy    (UK)

I choose the cheapest flights, and most convenient schedules available when travelling from Ireland and UK to other European destinations. Approx 9 times out of 10 the winner seems to be Ryanair (price and timing are great). When I choose EasyJet or Aer Lingus I'm delayed 9 times out of 10. Do you want luxury? Do you want 1hr to board a plane? Do you want 1 hr to disembark a plane? If the answer is yes, then simply don't choose Ryanair! Are you someone who has several bags? Are you someone who complains and tries to inconvenience others around you? Are you someone who takes 1 flight per year? If so, then don't fly Ryanair - and do the rest of us a favour. Let's be realistic. Who gave Europe cheap flights? Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 December 2013 by A Hewitt    (Ireland)

Use Ryanair on the Leeds Bradford flight often, find them a great service, very clean and good value for money. Great timing for onward connections.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Majella Kilcommons    (UK)

Not a family friendly airline can not get seats together unless you are prepared to stand in a queue for 50 minutes before your flight. Trying to find a place to store hand baggage next to impossible we flew with easyJet this summer and had a much more positive experience maybe someone from Ryanair should try an easyJet flight and see how passengers should be treated.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Peter Smith    (UK)

Flew LPL-BCN, 22-25 Nov. Pre-booked seats, took 10kg in a cabin sized bag, fantastic flights, great crew, arrived early both ways. Flown with Ryanair 5-6 times and have never had a problem with them as long as you know what to expect, all for £70 return.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 November 2013 by J Smith    (UK)

We flew from Lanzarote to Glasgow Prestwick on Wednesday 27th November and had a very pleasant flight. The plane was on time and the cabin crew were most helpful and pleasant going about their duties with courtesy and a smile. The flight out went smoothly but the cabin crew were not so happy in their job. We have found that if you adhere to Ryanair's protocol, you should not incur any problems and it is certainly quite a bit cheaper than Thomsons or Thomas Cook and based on this flight, it couldn't be faulted for what you paid for.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 November 2013 by D Dimancescu    (USA)

Bari to Stansted (Nov 24) - without access to a printer my wife and I arrived at Bari airport for the flight minus boarding passes. We were told that a Euro 70 per person would be charged to print the boarding passes = Euro140 total. This is nothing less than fraudulent.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 November 2013 by A Bateman    (UK)

Out 22 Nov, back 24 Nov. Flight number 2436 outbound and back flight 2435. My wife and I went on a weekend trip to Krakow. When we were told to board the plane for the return flight, we got out onto the concourse, but the passengers on the incoming flight were still on it! We stood in pouring rain waiting. What a shambles.†Never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Steve Nobel    (UK)

Felt ripped off by Ryanair. Bought a return ticket from London to Dublin. The cost was £119. I clicked online to take one bag costing £15. When I got to the airport they said no bag had been prepaid. I did not check properly and just assumed the bag was pre-booked. So Ryanair said it would cost £60 to take my bag on the plane. I paid and got a receipt and was told to show the receipt if there were any problems. Guess what happened when I came back? Yes, I was again told that I had no bag booked on the return flight and it would cost 60 euros.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 November 2013 by C Molyneux    (UK)

Dreadful staff at Tenerife South, two flights, Dublin and Manchester queuing together and only one staff member. Had to pay for extra weight, after we paid said we could have purchased a Ryanair bag to put items in from case. What difference would that make as the weight would be the same to go on the flight. Dreadful staff on board aircraft - very rude. Instructed all to stay in our seats with seat belts on most of the flights even we had no turbulence, just so cabin crew could walk the aisle. Will never fly with Ryanair again, and that was said by most customers on that flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Laura Sabaini    (Italy)

Flight 6366, Barcelona to Bergamo, 24th November, 19.20. Bag check point. I did this check 3 days before in Beragamo: the bag was the same and fitted perfectly at Bergamo. Today, mysteriously, didn't. Inside the bag there were exactly the same things. The rude hostess not only wouldn't help, but told me that it didn't fit because I had filled it too much. I paid 60 euros in bag fees. In a long row only my bag was checked and other passengers noticed that there were other cases far bigger than mine - which weren't checked. Once on board those bags didn't fit in the overhead locker and the crew put them in the hold at zero cost. This is outrageous. I will never use this company again.