Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  12 August 2014 by P Allen    (UK)

Return flight from Palma to Stansted on 7th Aug 2014. Arriving at the airport we went through the check-in etc and proceeded to departure to then be told the flight was delayed. Then for almost 2/3 hrs we were told different stories about what was happening. It turned out that the plane required full checks before flying, why oh why couldn't we have had the truth up front. We were herded together like cattle in departure with no air conditioning, no drinks were offered for the children until just as we boarded. On the positive our hold case was brought through to us so my husband could get his medication. In fairness my husband and I were assisted by a lovely lady who fast tracked us through, as we were both struggling with the long walk and queues through the checks, both having mobility problems. She was so kind and wasn't asked to help, lovely to see that there is someone willing to go the extra mile.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by I Stevenson    (UK)

Flew Edin-Malta-Edin with my 5 year old son for 7 days and so was unable to print off return boarding pass before arriving in Malta. There are no internet cafes in Sliema, Malta so thought would print off boarding pass at machine at the airport. On arriving at Malta airport 2 hours 20 minutes before my flight a particularly grumpy Ryanair agent took up 10 minutes of my time telling me I was too late and should have done this in Malta (How exactly if there are no internet cafes and you do not stay in a hotel?) before finally pointing me towards the computer where I could do this. This touchscreen computer was slow and unresponsive and so I was 2 minutes late to meet the 2 hour deadline because of this woman's complete lack of customer service. An EUR 140 fee and a horrible, stressful end to the holiday. What gets me is that I knew I had to print the boarding pass off 2 hours before and made a fair effort to do so leaving 20 minutes to do this on arrival at the airport. I noticed Lufthansa had dedicated machines clearly visible for this purpose. I had to beg this woman to tell me where was the Ryan Air machine before she pointed it out to me, all the while telling me I was too late etc when I still had time. However, reading other reviews it looks as if even if I had been at the airport much earlier that the fee might still have been charged. I am sure they can afford to install these with all the EUR 70 fees they have been stashing away this summer.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Freer Christa    (UK)

London (Stansted) to Bremen (Germany) return. Beware of Ryanair suitcase check-in/drop off unless you want to risk missing your flight. Checked-in online with only a trundle. Drove from Leicester to Stansted. Arrived 2 hours before the flight and were met with chaos as my niece (on same flight with us) who had come to visit needed to drop off her suitcase (also already checked-in online). Passengers of numerous flights had all been lumped together into one disorientated heap of people with check-in operating at slow pace. The usual clue as to the destination above the relevant individual check-in desks was not there and was replaced by one single queue/lump of chaos. One distraught couple told me that they had already been queuing for 40 minutes at the wrong Ryanair desk round the corner. I asked a passing Ryanair staff if we were in the right queue (although it was hard to describe it as such) and pointed out that our flight was about to close. He confirmed we were. 15 minutes later he asked passengers for the Bremen flight to come forward. Our flight had already closed whilst at security, which was as chaotic. Mercifully the flight was late taking off. I have never experienced in all my years of travelling to all the continents on the globe such chaos, stress and anxiety. There was nothing leisurely about this trip. We had to run (it was very hot) all the way through corridors and shops only to be met by a train (not a gate) taking us to the gates. We were lucky that our gate was in the thirties, not seventies as we would have missed our flight for sure. In the end we arrived breathless, hot and sweating in front of another lump/queue of passengers with just enough time to use the toilet. I should also mention that the word priority on your check-in paper does not mean a thing. Our little trundles of less than 10kg were put into the hold on our return journey.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by J Larson    (USA)

I paid for a flight from Madrid to Beauvais. My apartment in Madrid did not have internet access so I could not access their website nor print the Boarding Pass. I did not think this was a major problem since all airlines have entry stations to get answers to problems and obtain Boarding Passes. Ryanair charged me $168 and made me go through two very long lines. This was in addition to the cost of the flight. And the cost of a glass of water was 3 Euros! Customer service was miserable: long lines, no information, just shut up and move along. Avoid this airline!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Gerry Dickson    (UK)

Booked flight back from Barcelona, 5th August 2014. Flight time 14.35. Flight departed 17.35. No reason given for flight delay. No one to speak to for cause of delay in the departure lounge. No information given whatsoever. No apology, nothing. Will probably never use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 August 2014 by J Gillmer    (USA)

DUB-Bristol, UK. Even though we preselected seats and paid those extra fees, I couldn't get the check-in process to work online. We arrive at the airport and promptly are charged 420 Euro (6 ppl) to have them check us in - the original trip only cost 380 Euro! The front desk person told me I had 30 days to check-in and that the reason the flights are "cheap" is because of the online check-in. So, let me get this straight, 6 pieces of paper that wouldn't even cover a letter-sized piece of paper and the 5 minutes of their time is 420 euros - about the weekly pay of these folks? Unbelievable.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Nicola Harvey    (UK)

Friday flight 1/8 from Stansted to Dublin - 8.30pm. Flight arrived on time. Had to sit with a rather large gentleman in the middle who hogged the space. Held up due to Stansted taking their time getting paperwork signed and chatting with pilot and crew - no rush for Stansted then. Don't know why people complain about the plane/the colours of it or the seats or the printing off of own ticket. Also don't understand why people cannot read the bit that says - front entrance of plane or rear entrance. Surely to goodness they can all read. Flight on time job done as usual.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 August 2014 by H Kaaber    (UK)

Have flown with Ryanair on numerous occasions across Europe and in 20+ flights, have never had a problem. You get what you pay for and as long as you read the small print and stick to their rules, you can't go far wrong. My wife and I even used them on our honeymoon! It's worth doing your revision before you fly and check on destination airports and onward travel links on your arrival as some Ryanair destination airports can be a little out of the way. Overall though, I have no reservations in using Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 August 2014 by N Gudger    (UK)

2/7/2014, Perpignan to Birmingham, flight FR 1999. Travel with Ryanair several times a year and I have never had any problems. I abide by the rules and ensure hand luggage is the correct size and weight. Love it that seats are allocated before you fly now, and that I no longer have to squash my handbag in my case to board. I print my return boarding pass in my resort, so no problem.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by H Bradbury    (UK)

High expectations? No. From the outside the plane looks modern and fully equipped for a flight, but no no no. The inside, faded yellow overhead compartments, torn leather and faded blue seats, no inflight entertainment whatsoever. In fact the planes are in such bad condition and poorly equipped there's not even a pocket in front for you to put a magazine or something, all of your safety notices are printed on the back of the chair in front which means you have to amuse yourself with possibly scenarios throughout flight just by looking at it. I used to think easyjet was the lowest quality airline but Ryanair, that sets a new low. The staff, unhelpful, unfriendly, didn't crack a smile the whole flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Chinnery    (UK)

Stansted to La Rochelle. Got to airport around 3 hours before departure and as we had no baggage we went through security. Security took 27 mins. Unacceptable. Then we waited for around for 90 mins before flight was called and we went to gate 44 immediately. As being called 40 mins before and getting to gate 35 mins before we thought the plane would be there in 10 mins. It wasn't and was there no earlier than 25 mins of waiting at the gate. We were rushed on to the steps to Tarmac whist pax where deboarding and we where on it around 3 mins before our scheduled departure time. We where off 15 mins behind schedule. The flight was smooth and fine. I had a Pepsi and just looked out of the window, no IFE or food. We sat in row 5 and had priority boarding. The aircraft landed 10 mins early and we had the usual fanfare. We where de boarded quickly and went straight through to meet relatives who have a 2nd home and took our bags with them. La Rochelle to Stansted. We got there 2 hours 15 mins before flight and we went through security. Relatives driving back took bags with them. There is 1 duty free shop and a cafe. There where 2 aircraft departing at same time and being the first in the lounge gets us a seat. (La Rochelle gets overcrowded). The aircraft got in 10 mins early but the other Brussels flight was late. Boarding began 10 mins before departure and we where off just after the Brussels 15 mins behind. The flight was ok. My seat was dirty and had gum under the seat in front. Again row 5 and priority boarding. We landed 2 mins behind and Ryanair were not sneaky and didn't do the fanfare, we were out of Stansted in 25 mins.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by M Farrall    (UK)

FR3872 from East Midlands to Pula on 24th July 2014. We return on 31st July. I was unable to print off boarding passes at home, I had to do it at the airport using Ryanairs computerised screens. This cost 210 for three people. Why? I could understand paying 10 but why on earth 70? That's typical money grabbing Ryanair. As usual the announcements at the gate and in the plane were so rushed that it was impossible to hear all that was said. Ryanair may be cheap but I'm a human being and expect to be treated with civility and fairness.

Ryanair Customer review :  1 August 2014 by E Robinson    (Netherlands)

I had a “neutral” flying experience with Ryanair (July 2014). This was a real surprise. I see that the staff have new marching orders and that intimidation is no longer the order of the day. This new more normal”attitude is already being noticed. Passengers are already taking liberties with hand luggage, it will probably not be long before a new clampdown” will be enforced and unpleasant situations will once again be splattered all over the review sites. I made sure I had ticked all the boxes and weighed in before travelling this time. My previous experience has made me paranoid”about using this airline. I would have preferred not to have used Ryanair. They offered the best price for the trip and as money is tight I was compelled to take the risk. We can remain optimistic and hope they carry on in this manner. Perhaps in 3 to 5 years they will have a positive reputation. I still have reservations, Ryanair inflicted such needless blow to my family that I am afraid to say it will never be forgiven. In the meantime I will reluctantly use the airline when needed and hope for more uneventful flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by John Sutcliffe    (UK)

I have travelled many times with Ryanair and never had problems. If you keep to the terms and conditions on the web site you have no problems. Ryanair are the cheapest and best of low cost airlines.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by B Depaepe    (Belgium)

CLR-AGP-CLR. Boarding on time, departure with 10 minutes delay. Plane's a Boeing 737-800. Cabin crew professional but a bit cold. Snacks were expensive but are not necessary. Seats are comfortable but the pitch is bad. Temperature too high in the cabin. Arrival 20 minutes before the scheduled time. Value for money is good.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by E Smith    (UK)

Flew from Glasgow to Majorca with cabin bags no problem. Flight was fine, even arrived early which was a bonus. Not so on the way home. One of the women grabbed the bag off my 17 year old son and made a big show of how the bag would not fit in the cage. The bag was actually smaller than Ryanair's specifications but the wheels were slightly sticking out. People with larger bags were being let through but she refused to let us through without paying 50 euro.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Gary Evans    (UK)

Excellent flights from Liverpool to Malaga and the return flight. No problems or delays and staff were excellent. Staff dealt with any issues on board professionally and in an excellent manner. It is all to easy to complain when things go wrong and rightly so however, we do not praise when things are achieved above and beyond the call of duty. I have travelled with Ryanair previously with the same results. Excellent service.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by K Edwards    (UK)

Excellent support yesterday from Ryanair in Liverpool. My 13yr old son travelled to Knock from Liverpool with my brother and his son. My brother made his reservation in Ireland, I arranged my sons ticket here in UK. When I tried to check him in, I was not permitted because he was born in 2000, therefore too young to fly alone. I travelled with him to Liverpool airport expecting a 70 levy as he was not checked in online. I explained he would be travelling with my brother and his son, he would not be alone - and the young lady was most understanding and checked him in immediately with no quibble or charge - really good service.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D Hodge    (UK)

Flight FR 2132 - an number I will never forget. 2nd time with Ryanair and first time although no real problems, felt like we were treated as second class citizens so vowed never to book with them again. However family holiday to Lanzarote and the only people flying out in the morning (so we arrive before lunch) was Ryanair. So I hesitantly booked (even though it was no cheaper than the other airlines). First came the con where you can no longer print your boarding passes (unless you have paid the extra for allocated seating) until 14 days before you return date. As this was a 2 week holiday I was already at the airport catching my flight out, so had to pay for allocated seating. This was just a snippet of what was to come. The flight out was cattle market heaven but quite uneventful so consoled myself with the fact that I had done the right thing and would have an extra half day holiday by flying out early. The flight home was the nightmare, we were called to our gate then the gate changed twice so the long queue of people were already irate when there was a general murmur around the crowd. This was when the first person had received a text to say the flight had been delayed due to technical issues and we had a delay of over 5 hours. Not told anything by the staff on the ground, the whole airport became Chinese whispers. In total I had 4 texts from Ryanair delaying the flight eventually by 12 hours. We did not arrive home until 5am. I feel like I now need another holiday after spending 15 hours in a very hot, uncomfortable airport and then a further 4 hour flight home.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Jenny Leadbetter    (UK)

After an accident just prior to making my return journey, I was unable to walk. As soon as the Ryanair rep at the airport saw me she arranged for a wheelchair and I was delivered to the departure gate and helped onto the plane. During the flight the crew supplied me with a folding wheelchair and pushed me to the toilets, moved my seat so that I had room to rest my leg on the food table and bought me a bag of ice to help the swelling in my leg. I cannot praise them enough.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by F Eriksson    (Finland)

Our family (2 adults + 2 Children) travelled TMP-HHN, 11 July and HHN-TMP, 18 July. We were a bit worried about taking Ryanair (due to all negative feedback about this airline). However, everything about our trips were working 100%. Check-in ok! Both flights ~20min early, FA's had a professional attitude, not "pushy" in their efforts to sell "stuff" at all.

Ryanair Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Abrahams Alan    (UK)

Flew with my 8 month pregnant daughter who had required doctor signed Ryanair paperwork which she was never asked to show. Had just cabin bags on the outbound flight but with family bought baby presents on the return it required a case being put in the hold. Getting assistance to do this from the Ryanair desk staff was like "pulling teeth". Dismissive, unhelpful, arrogant and rude summed up by the comment from one Ryanair staff member with the statement "I can't be out here just helping one member of the public". I enquired what was the minimum number she could help? Priority booked and seats reserved only to be herded from one queue at the gate to the next queue at the entrance of the air bridge then on to the queue at the aircraft doorway, 20 minutes standing during intense summer heat. Not the sort of treatment to subject an expectant mother to. Not one member of staff took the care or comfort of this pregnant lady into account. The only smile came from cabin crew when trying to sell their overpriced beverages. An appalling airline worthy of their reputation of flying their customer in "Cattle Class".

Ryanair Customer review :  21 July 2014 by A Zuhairi    (UK)

BHX-DUB-BHX. Flawless flights. All on time with an excellent turnaround time. Cabin clean with polite crew, cost 16GBP return. Only hand-luggage, printed boarding card, and had luggage with me in cabin. Half price hot meals on last evening flight back. As long as you follow the rules, you cannot go wrong.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Ventham Ulla    (UK)

I frequently travel with Ryanair on the STN-NYO route and it normally works well. I have always been able to take my hand luggage in the correct size bag on board without any problems. Today however I was waiting to board the flight at Skavsta Airport when then airport staff start walking along the line of people waiting and randomly telling passengers the flight was full and the had to put their hand luggage in the main hold. When I pointed out that I had some breakable goods in my bag I was told that if I was that worried I should had been in the queue earlier. As it happened There were about 10 people in the non-priority queue ahead of me. Also my travel companion was at the end of the queue but was allowed to take his bag, same size as mine on board without problems. There was no logic at all. TO me it seems like the only way to guarantee that you can bring your hand luggage on board is to pay the "priority boarding" fee. Not sure if this happens on other Ryanair routes but the same thing happened to my daughters also at Skavsta a couple of weeks ago. Is this another sneaky way to make money?

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Hall Lawrie    (UK)

Having been put off using Ryanair about 4 years ago, I took a flight from Bristol to Girona and return early July 2014. I was well aware of all the pitfalls and extra charges, and then made the mistake of mis-spelling my own first name. I thought 'here we go' especially as I couldn't get through on the phone, even the 1.09 a minute line. Then I stumbled upon their 'live chat' facility, got connected within 2 minutes and had the name corrected. They emailed me a revised confirmation. Of the flights - well, the pre-allocated seats are a great improvement - saves that awful scramble on board with the FAs screaming 'if you don't sit down we'll lose our flight slot' and passengers coming to blows. The boarding pass saying front or rear of the plane is sensible. Unlike previous flights (which was what finally put me off Ryanair) there were no cases either at BRS or GRO of passengers being harassed having their luggage weighed or measured, or any sign of people being charged for things. Most notably I didn't hear any passengers grumbling about anything. So the simple impression of just 2 flights is that you get what you pay for, on-time, clean planes and a vast improvement from 4 (plus) years ago. Whether I want to brave a STN flight is debatable, but I need to fly home later in the year, and I won't be too worried.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Mitchell Wright    (UK)

Edinburgh to Arrecife, 6/7/14. Crew outbound were very depressed, couldn't hear them speaking on the announcement and they were French which made hard to understand them but they did speak English, we felt rushed during boarding as the crew kept announcing "good morning, please can you store your hand luggage and take your seat as quickly as possible" this was said 4 times! Overall early departure and arrival, which makes it better! Nothing was a problem but the crew were very shy! Arrecife to Edinburgh, 13/7/14. Crew inbound were really nice, my niece got welcomed specially by the two crew boarding us at the door. They were lovely. Once it came to the lottery cards they made it into a laugh which made the flight more welcoming. This was just an opportunity to get rid of your euro coins and to be charitable. Overall smooth flight and arrived very early. Just remember this is a low cost airline and remember to print all your boarding pass off before you depart like we did!

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by M Cristea    (Romania)

June 23, Brussels to Palma de Mallorca. Check-in online and boarding passes already printed, baggage respected Ryanair's rules, so fast and smooth drop-off two hours before departure. Automatic seat allocation is a good improvement, don't need to stay in line for boarding, despite the fact the flight was almost full. Short walk from the gate to the plane (for me was nice). On-time boarding, 30 mins. late departure due the long queue for take- off. Some turbulence during the flight and a bit bumpy landing. The plane was clean and the crew was polite. In Palma, fast luggage on belt. Good value for money.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Ashton    (UK)

Tenerife South to Manchester, 15/07/14. Great value flight. 35 mins early, much better than Monarch's time keeping. Friendly service and much less announcements. Really starting to notice the changes.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by David Gomez    (USA)

On March 30th 2014 we flew Ryanair our of Beauvais France (BVA) to Madrid Spain. The tickets sounded like a great deal, until we got to the airport and found out we had to pay another $140 euro for boarding passes. The rep at the counter all of a sudden did not speak English or Spanish, was rude and started to roll her eyes. We paid the additional charge and went back to check our luggage. We then were told there were more charges for our bag (under weight) that were not included apparently. We paid the extra fees and finally were told we could get in line. We proceeded to get in line which was a huge disaster and with no logic or system in place or completely poorly executed and took 2 hours. The lines began to severely back up, they began shifting customers back and forth between lines and ultimately the plane had to leave late. Once on the plane, the conditions and cleanliness of the plane were noticeably lacking and even a few pieces were broken. Refreshments were offered at unreasonable prices. The pilot must have been new, because the entire flight was filled with drastic turns, turbulence and ultimately. We couldn't wait to get off the plane. We had to wait another 45 minutes in baggage claim before our luggage began to roll. I will never use this airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Oscar    (Spain)

I recently flew Ryanair between BCN to SVQ, and I had a really pleasant flight. Temperature inside the cabin was perfect, and seats comfortable. Space between seats was adequate. Crew were very friendly on both flights. I also appreciated the changes of the new Ryanair, with seat assignments and with the automatic priority boarding if you buy one seat when booking. I will recommend Ryanair and fly them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by John Featherby    (UK)

Outward flight Stansted to Pisa, one hour delay, very cramped seats, I am only 5' 8'' tall, ventilation blew very hot air out for a considerable part of the journey. Return from Pisa on July 12th, a 5 hour delay, no reason given as to why, no vouchers offered, no compensation mentioned, sat for 45 minutes on the tarmac before taking off, delay at Stansted getting off the darn plane at 02.15 as only one set of steps could be found. A complete and utter shambles, if you have a choice, do not fly with them.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Walsgrove    (UK)

Ryanair does not allow you to get boarding passes for the return flights straightforwardly at the same time as for the outward flight although within the 30 day period. This resulted in a 70 charge for each of our return flights. A lot of people seem to have been caught out by this, see other reviews. This seems to be a new practice and I could not recommend Ryanair to anyone in future since there is a real risk that their holiday will be ruined as a result of this disgusting sharp practice. I could not help noticing that the return fight was not full and would not be surprised if fights are even emptier in future.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 July 2014 by C Phelan    (UK)

Flew 05/06/14, STN to SNN. Had a horrible start to my journey thanks to the Stansted Express service, on which I was stuck for 2 hours due to technical difficulties. Missed my flight as a result and Ryanair transferred me free of charge to the next flight which was the following morning. Very much appreciated considering it was not their fault I missed the flight. I needed to make it back to Shannon for a trans-atlantic flight the following afternoon so they saved my holiday from being cancelled. This, along with the various upgrades to their service in the past 12 months (additional carry on bag, reserved seating, etc) have made Ryanair my choice of airline when flying from London. Customer service is dramatically improving in my opinion and as long as you know how they operate and how the pricing structure works, then there shouldn't be any issues when flying with them. I'm not sure how so many people are allowed to leave bad reviews on here when the source of their problem is very often the customer being at fault and not adhering to the "rules of low-cost flying"!

Ryanair Customer review :  9 July 2014 by I Terry    (UK)

We were due to fly to Fuerteventura on 24th June, flight FR3525 from Luton. After sitting in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hours they decided to cancel the flight for operational reasons. Presumably it was costing them too much money to sit there/they needed the plane somewhere else. We re-booked with Jet2 for the following Saturday (only about 15 dearer) and received excellent service. When we arrived at the hotel the manager told us that there was only the one flight cancelled to Fuerteventura that week from the UK. If other airlines can cope with delays, then why can't Ryanair?

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by K Blakemore    (UK)

Flight FR9387, Barcelona - East Midlands, 25/06/2014. Got to Barcelona airport to find flight cancelled due to French air traffic strike. This is when the horror starts, had to wait in queue for 4 hours before I got to the information desk, first question asked - would you like to cancel with refund of flight. My answer to that was no I want you to get me home this being 25/6/14. Answer to that - yes first available flight 1/7/14. Here is your new paper work what about accommodation answer find your own transport go to 2/3 star hotel, keep your receipt see you in a few days time. I found alternative flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Franco Saoncella    (UK)

Stansted to Fuerteventura on 09/06/2014, flight FR8182. Fuerteventura to Stansted on 19/06/2014, flight FR8183. The feedback received regarding Ryanair was less than complimentary, mostly very negative. I had the misfortune to use this carrier last month when flying to the Canary Islands. Ryanair was the nominated airline with the travel company I booked the holiday with. Unfortunately, it was all true. Cattle would get better treatment. Lenghty and laborious checking in procedures. Had to pre-book seats with additional leg room on both journeys to ensure a minimum of comfort. Inflight food and beverages below "human" standard and extremely expensive. As a whole, a very negative experience for a first time flyer with Ryanair, which I sincerely hope never to repeat in the future. My advise to any prospective traveller is to pay extra and fly with a professional outfit.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Demos    (USA)

I have never been so disappointed by a lack of customer service in my life. We arrived in plenty of time to make our flight from Gatwick to Dublin. This was a mid vacation excursion. We found out that they can't print boarding passes for anything less then 70 each. We also found out that they can't actually handle the money for the outrageous bag fee. We missed our flight and had to rebook. The whole adventure ended up costing an additional 450. Once on the plan we found it both dirty and cramped. I will never fly Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Van Daele Pieter-Jan    (Belgium)

We went with 6 people (4 adults and 2 children). We accidentally had two pieces of luggage too much (this was our own fault) so we paid the extra, other airlines do the same, so its not just Ryanair. Boarding was very smooth, and the children received special attention from a friendly crew member. Plane landed on time in Rome. Return was about the same. I fly regularly with Ryanair and I never had any problems. Delays are hardly the mistake of the airline but of the airport and the airport handling, so you cannot blame them for that. Also, people flying with Ryanair don't want to pay much for their tickets but they complain about the people paying the extras like priority boarding. Some passengers not paying for the extras were complaining why we could get on first! Also if you preselect your seat with a small extra, you can print your boarding pass (also for the return flight) at home. Even with all the extras, Ryanair was the cheapest solution. So, to be frankly, not Ryanair is the problem, but some people flying with Ryanair are. Ryanair is very clear about their rules and I really don't understand why people don't obbey them? Do they do it on purpose maybe, hoping they get the full service and not paying for it? I like Ryanair, they bring you very safely from A to B for very little money. I don't expect much from them but I am always surprised they give good service for the money you pay.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Alan Hamer    (UK)

Manchester-Tenerife-Manchester. Out 20/6, returned 27/6. Good flights, crew very friendly. Plane on time both ways in fact landed 25 minutes early on return. Only problem we had to wait for one hour for our cases to come off in Manchester. Shame really I hope Manchester airport gets this issue sorted soon.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Jeremy Friend-Smith    (UK)

We travelled from Stansted to Madrid for a week, arriving in good time with cabin baggage only. I asked for information on the route, after none was given, and was told "we have just passed Stuttgart and will soon enter Swiss airspace." On the return I again asked and no information was offered. We passed some marvellous scenery and it would have been helpful to pass the time if we had been told. This used to be standard procedure but now the main interest seems to be in selling as much as possible. Perhaps the pilot did not know where we were going.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Molyneux    (Ireland)

On a flight to to Eindhoven from Dublin on 27/6/2014 the plane pushed back from the terminal and 5 mins later we were informed of a technical problem. We returned to the stand whilst the fault was investigated. Eventually we were told that the problem could not be fixed and another aircraft was being prepared. We eventually got on our way about 2.5 hours late. On the return journey on 30/6/2014 exactly the same thing happened. The plane pushed back and then we were informed of technical problems. We returned to the stand and the fault was investigated. After about an hour we were told that the problem was solved and we got on our way. On the first flight we were told we could not use the toilets whilst waiting for the fault to be found. After numerous complaints the staff gave in and allowed us to use the toilet at the rear of the aircraft.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by D Harley    (UK)

East Midlands to Faro and return. Have flown many times with Ryanair both on business and for leisure. Only ever had one serious delay. Both flights were ok. Return flight delayed by 10 minutes with limited catering due to knock on effect of strike in France. Staff apologised for this with clear explanation as to reason. Staff on both flights very pleasant. British Airways should teach their business class stewards to give a genuine smile like this. With regards to complaints about add on charges. Read their terms before you book. Everything is made clear on their website. A bonus with Ryanair is no reclining seats. Why do you need to recline your seat on short haul restricting leg room for those behind you.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by David Wiggins    (UK)

Return from Tenerife South. The same old problem - unable to print out return boarding pass, charge 70 Euros. Baby ill on board the mother was unable to get any assistance and I heard the stewardess complain of the cheek of the women to expect them to help. Hand luggage taken at boarding and stowed in hold, no warning so last second grab of passports etc. Went out Thomas Cook - superb. Never again with Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Foster Paul    (UK)

Poor check in at Tenerife South airport, very slow. Then delayed, then after queuing at gate 5, we all had to move to gate 29. Stood waiting again whilst we watched the plane touchdown. There was no white wine or Fizzy white wine on board. When we arrived at Manchester we waited 40 mins for a staircase to arrive then when we got off we had to wait for the bus to open its doors then we waited for 30mins to get through passport control. Why didn't Ryanair phone ahead to Manchester to tell them they were turning up, as they had no idea. Utter rubbish for this cattle class airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Clara Gonzaleza    (UK)

Travelling from Palma to Bournemouth, June 2014 - we were sat in the plane after 40 minutes of wait in the queue and then informed right away after being seated that there was an expected delay of 2 hours. It did literally take 2 hours to take off, people on the plane were all unhappy and complaining. Travelling with young child, we would have expected not to be seated in the first place, we would have preferred to wait in the airport hall where some food and drinks are available to buy instead. Not pleased at all with this company.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Aplas    (South Africa)

Flew on 16th June, Paphos to Athens. Followed the rules and had no problems whatsoever. Ground staff in Paphos were extremely helpful and professional. Flight was exactly what I paid for, nothing spectacular but absolutely nothing wrong. The only thing, was having to wait in those dreaded boarding cages in Paphos. Otherwise all round decent flights with no issues.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 June 2014 by S Hogben    (UK)

Absolutely appalling that my partner and I have to pay an extra 60 to be able to print our boarding passes and sit next to each other on the plane. We are flying to Greece for 2 weeks and would not have access to a printer half way through the holiday to print out return passes. Diabolical and a rip off, will never book with the shoddy airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Ozyp    (USA)

We were traveling from Paris to Rome. We did not have access while traveling to a printer so we were unable to print our boarding passes. We arrived at the airport 2.5 hours before our flight. We were told that all boarding passes had to be printed or it was 70 euros per person. There were 4 of us so this was a hefty fee. I saw others approaching the counter to check in with their phones. I asked about this and they said it had to be done 2 hours ahead of the flight and it was too late. 90% of the people that approached the counter had to pay additional fees. We also paid ahead for 2 bags. 4 of us ere traveling so we knew we would have that much. They said that only one bag showed on their side of the reservation so we needed to pay for the other bag. I had an email confirming 2 bags and they said they couldn't go by that.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 June 2014 by I Migle    (Lithuania)

Round trip Kaunas (KUN) - London Gatwick (LGW) - Kaunas (KUN). Friendly staff, flight with no errors or other shenanigans. Not much space to move around in the plane itself, but acceptable for short haul flights. One disadvantage - everything costs money. I'm surprised they still don't charge for bathroom trips. Of course, you can only expect so much from a low price airline, which is the main advantage. Another thing is the flight attendants trying to sell lottery tickets and calendars, that is rather unprofessional, feels like you're in a market or someplace similar. All in all - loved the flight, and definitely going to use this airline again!

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by R White    (UK)

If anyone is every considering flying with Ryanair, ensure you know exactly what experience you are signing up for when you book your ticket. We went return from Luton to Marrakech and would not do this journey with them again. In fact, we'd only think about it for very short flights for weekend breaks and to be honest that would be pretty desperate. Where to start? They may offer cheaper "upfront" costs but add-ons are extortionate. The fact you cannot print off your return boarding pass within 7 days of your return flight is just a way to con people out of the money (10 per person) to advance purchase a designated seat. After all, who wants to gallivant around an unfamiliar foreign city looking for an internet cafe that may or may not have a printer. The queuing is still a scrum even though they have finally realised that assigning people seats will stop the kind of behaviour they and their ilk were responsible for creating. On the flight, the whole experience is stuffy, cramped and bad tempered. The hard-sell starts instantly and continues through the whole flight. The claustrophobic atmosphere is taken further by the fact that some aisles didn't even have windows! They couldn't even be bothered to give out landing cards either, which just prolonged the bad experience at the airport. I reckon that after all the add-ons it would have been cheaper to fly with BA. Although BA are pretty woeful, 3.5 hours on a Ryanair flight is far too much.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by R Calcutt-Saunders    (UK)

22/6/2014. Flying from Stansted to Treviso, Venice, for 7 days holiday, we were fine on our outward journey as we had been able to check-in and print off the boarding passes, however, the system would allow us to do the same for our return at that point in time. Where we were staying we had no access to a computer or printer but assumed, perhaps foolishly that at Treviso airport they would have the same system as they do in Stansted and we would be able to check-in and print off at their machines for a nominal fee. How wrong we were. We arrived well before the 2 hour time scale but ended having to pay additional 140 Euros! Money making at its worse, I feel very sorry for the staff at the check in desks whilst we were there I saw at least another 2 people who were in the same position as we were. It wasn't until I got home I saw the email from Ryanair advising of the additional costs. I received a text message at 23.00 the night before our departure at 9.50, reminding us we needed to check-in and print off the boarding card, if they had notified me in this text of the astronomical charge awaiting us at the airport, we would have search around the entire city of Venice for someone to assist us, but it wasn't included! Never again will we use Ryanair, should have gone to Marco Polo Airport and flown British Airways!

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Luigi Saputelli    (USA)

I paid $140 one way from Palma to Madrid which was reasonable, but they charged us $150 more at the airport simply because we did not print out our boarding passes in advance! No matter that we did not have internet or a printer while traveling. We did not know about this policy until we arrived at the airport. They would not refund our ticket! What a rip off.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by P Gomez    (Spain)

Like other reviews said, the Ryanair website kept crashing so I had to have the ticket agent at the airport print the tickets for me at the ridiculous cost of 15 euros per ticket. During boarding I was told I couldn't bring on my coffee which I had purchased at the cafe right next to the gate (past security) due to "security concerns" while everyone else brought on their waters and fruit juices. While on the plane a flight attendant removed my bag from the overhead in order to put in someone else's bag. He then tried to fit mine, which contained a laptop, Ipad, and Kindle, into a separate overhead by cramming it in. I finally had to yell at him to stop, to which he complained my bag was too large to fit. He then forced me to put it under my seat. Needless to say this will be the last time I use Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 June 2014 by S Eyles    (UK)

Faro to Bristol. Crew were most welcoming whilst boarding with plenty of smiles and interaction. We had to wait whilst an elderly couple were late due to them going to the wrong Gate, they were frail and agitated on boarding. The crew were marvellous with them, even the Captain emerged from the cockpit to greet them, calming them and telling them not to worry. Despite this, we left early and a smooth flight got us into Bristol ahead of schedule. Well done Ryanair!

Ryanair Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Terri Bawden    (USA)

We paid $277 one way from Bordeaux to Marseille which was reasonable, but they charged us $283 more at the airport simply because we did not print out our boarding passes in advance! No matter that we did not have internet or a printer while traveling. We did not know about this policy until we arrived at the airport. They would not refund our ticket, and even worse, they acted mad at us for being upset! What a ripoff!

Ryanair Customer review :  21 June 2014 by G Nuval    (USA)

Santiago de Compostela to Madrid, May 30 2014. I guess we were not the only ones who were ripped off by this airline. We had the same experience as many of the passengers. We reserved online, paid with credit card, got an email that it's been confirmed. So, we were hoping that it will be an easy check in since we came two hours early. We were told at the airport that we should have checked in online and that the payment was forfeited so we had to pay again for the same flight. In addition, we had to pay 40 Euros each for our luggage since only 2 small carry ons were allowed. Since we had to go on that flight, we had no recourse but to give in. I have never encountered such poor rules and such rude personnel.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 June 2014 by A Fiddies    (UK)

Flew Manchester-Gran Canaria. Good flight times and got baggage quickly. Attempting to print off the boarding pass scam was painful to say the least. In the UK the site kept crashing and took the best part of a day to achieve the process, only to have to repeat this in our holiday destination. When at Manchester airport it was displayed that boarding for our flight was in 5 minutes, this continued for about 25 minutes with no updates. We were then requested to proceed to boarding, that I can only explain as a cattle market. We were then left to wait in the queue for the best part of another 45 minutes. Consequently our flight was delayed by well over an hour with no explanation or apology. Whilst on the flight to Gran Canaria the seat belt sign light was displayed intermittently for long periods with no evidence of turbulence or explanation. Being 2 adults we could manage this, but we had to feel for the passengers with young children who desperately wanted the toilet. Baggage - the allowance is 15 kilos for hold luggage and 10 for hand luggage. When we flew out from Manchester they counted hand luggage in our allowance. On return from Gran Canaria they decided that hold luggage should only be 15 kilos. Our hold luggage weighed exactly the same as it did at Manchester and we did not have hand luggage but were told that it would cost us 70 euros to pay the excess. Having very little hand luggage facilities available we had to empty our case to avoid the excess charge. Admittedly we should have read the small print, but one would question why this was not highlighted in Manchester, and came to light in Gran Canaria on our return. Overall it may be a budget airline but really not worth the hassle.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 June 2014 by John Palmer    (UK)

We travelled twice with Ryanair during the last week. The first trip (Stansted to Pisa) was delayed 45 minutes. Its not so much the delay that's the problem, it is the total lack of communication or an apology for the late running. We were asked to queue up for boarding and stood there for over an hour with no communication. Worse was to follow. On the following Saturday we were booked on the 22.00 flight out of Pisa for Stansted. Again no communication or apologies were forthcoming from Ryanair. 150 minutes after the flight should have left we were told it was cancelled - no apology again. We were not offered any refreshment during this three hours. They then booked the passengers a hotel but had only a mini bus to start with to take 16 passengers a time, randomly selected by Ryanair staff. We eventually arrived at the hotel at 03.00 but had to be up for an 07.00 departure from the hotel. No food or drinks were offered by Ryanair. No staff were available at Pisa airport to speak to, or to hand out vouchers. The service was shabby at best. No apologies, poor communication, no-one to talk too, and no refreshment vouchers either. We will not be travelling with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Komati Reddy    (India)

We were flying from London-Luton to Dublin on June 1 2014. I am a world traveller and this was the first time an airline charged GBP70 for not printing a boarding pass and we had no choice other than to pay. I and two of my friends ended up missing the flight as it took 5-10 mins to provide the boarding passes - the boarding pass was hand written. We were just running to the gate and airline crew just shut the gate on us (the flight was still open and they refused to take us in). We had to return to the counter hoping that they would transfer us to the next flight: to our shock they demanded another GBP110 per head to transfer. We had to cancel our Dublin trip, thanks to Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Ian Fraser    (UK)

Having not used Ryanair for years due to loading issues, now you can book your seats and pay for priority boarding, thought I would try them again. Flew Malaga to Ibiza return, fantastic, staff marked off first 90 customers who could take on board cabin luggage, no standing in a queue, you just walk up to the priority line when suits. On our return just sat there until the last few loaded, in row 8, plenty of overhead cabin space as again only first 90 allowed on board. Whilst both flights full the final 90 or so passengers loaded fast as they had no luggage. There was a few complaints by those not allowed cabin luggage especially when we walked up at the last minute with our hand luggage. All in all from booking to in flight very good, shame you don't have the seat space on our normal Jet2 flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 June 2014 by David Crookshanks    (UK)

Dublin to Malaga, 28th April 2014. Malaga to Dublin, 26th May 2014. At the boarding gate travelling from Dublin to Malaga and Malaga to Dublin as I do very often, passengers have now started to leave their bags in a line at the boarding gate then go and take a seat. This books them a place in the queue without themselves queuing, it happens in both the priority and other queue. I thought that bags were not to be left unattended, anyone could leave a bag and wander off - needs to be stopped before everyone decides to put a bag down in the bag queue and then take a seat.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Sharon Dixon    (UK)

I flew for the 1st time with Ryanair on 31st May. On board was a very rowdy stag party that were dancing and singing in the aisles and were very annoying. The staff remained professional and eventually got the party to sit down. I think if you turn up on time, don't go over your baggage allowance and have the correct paperwork then Ryanair is as good as any other airline. On our return flight we had a 30 minute delay but the staff boarded us quickly and efficiently. Will use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C Barkei    (Luxembourg)

Flew as a family of four from Brussels to Manchester and back. No problems at all. Paid for specific seats, so was able to print out all boarding passes in advance; used their parking offer at Brussels and we were in the departure area 10 minutes later. Both flights short and timely and with hand luggage only we had no delays at all. Pleasant crew on both flights. For the price excellent, just wonder what they do when things go wrong?

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

EDI-DUB. Utterly painful booking process on their web site, which is not exactly user friendly. Flight experience was much better. Paid extra for seat at front of the aircraft, and travelling with hand baggage only. Flight left on time, but was late getting in as we had to do a go-around due to an aircraft in front of us in the landing queue being too slow.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Crabtree    (UK)

Flew out to Majorca from East Midlands on 24th May returned on 7th June to East Midlands, flight should have left on 24th May at 11.35 departed at 12.05 due to I think a seating problem. Seems 2 sets of people had been allocated same seats, I think the problem could have been solved earlier as 2 people boarded flight some 20/25 mins. After flight should have left. We had a great flight home, arrived a little earlier that was spoiled by having to walk 300/400 yards to passport control in pouring rain. Everyone was sopping wet by the time we got there, very shoddy service at East Midlands.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 June 2014 by E Barrie    (UK)

I have flown with Ryanair in the last 6years from Liverpool to Carcassonne many times and have found that they are 99.99% punctual except when there is a natural disaster i.e.volcanic eruptions, French air traffic strikes and the like, and yes they will charge extra if you don't read the small print and it is not the most comfortable but isn't that why they are cheap, you try and fly to some remote airport in Europe using a well known carrier and it will take three days to get there and cost you a lottery win to get to your destination, so put up with a little bit of rude service and an uncomfortable seat for a few hours and get over it.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 June 2014 by A Bolton    (UK)

I am a regular user of Ryanair and I have always defended them as an airline with their rules, my line would be stick to the rules and it's a cheap way to fly. I've never had a problem, until now, the new 7 day rule for printing off the boarding card is downright wrong. We hardly ever go away for less than ten days, so we can't book our return flight in England. We go to rural Spain and I doubt we will find an Internet cafe now when everyone has wifi and Ipads, I think they have all closed down. So now will have to pay for allocated seats and need to remember this when working out whether Ryanair are cheaper than Monarch.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Brown Christina    (Australia)

Extremely annoying booking system, spent a lot of time attempting to print the boarding passes for my husband and I for our flight from Carcassonne to East Midlands for Friday after-noon 2nd May 2014. I was so frustrated with the Ryanair website and so annoyed that in the end I went to "Reprint your boarding pass" section. Well, what a big joke that turned out to be. When we arrived at the airport we were slugged with a whopping 140 euro penalty charge for not having the boarding passes. I feel obligated to pre-warn as many of my travel contacts/friends as possible to my experience. Surely Ryanair can offer a better booking system. What a ripped-off feeling.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 June 2014 by B Watson    (UK)

I recently flew from Limoges to Stansted on a Sunday. I tried to book in by computer but the page would not accept my information. I tried phoning the help number but found they did not work weekends. When I arrived at the airport I was charged the extra 70 euros. What would have been a cheap flight worked out to be very expensive. Why is it one has to book-in twice? Once on the computer and once at the airport? Oh, of course, silly me. They make more money this way. I have used the Dinard-Stanstead route many times and found it quite useful and cheap but this double booking is just a rip-off. It's supposed to be cheap but I've actually worked out I can do it for the same price on another airline. And how can I avoid paying for their insurance? Another rip-off.

Ryanair Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Joan Minihan    (Ireland)

I flew from Shannon to Nice in May on Ryanair's new route. The flight schedule was excellent as it left around ten am. I was in Nice by 2pm. (local time.). The flight was comfortable, the price was right but for me the best thing was being allocated a seat for my flight. Being allowed to have my hand bag with me was also a bonus. Long may this route continue!

Ryanair Customer review :  6 June 2014 by M Johnson    (USA)

By far the worst airline I have been on. As many others have experienced - I had to pay an extra $70 for each person to check in because I did not know you had to check in online. I was traveling out of Switzerland and the Ryanair representatives through Swissair were rude and not helpful at all! We arrived 3 hours early and asked to check in and were told to wait until 2 hours before. 2 hours before we were told we should have already checked in so we had to pay an extra $210 for the 3 of us! As far as the airline goes, you feel a little like cattle. There is no leg room, and obviously cheap seats. Terrible customer service, and although it seems cheep at first - there are extra charges for everything!

Ryanair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Lynne Harris    (UK)

We travelled with Ryanair in May to Menorca. We had no problems at all, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Will go with Ryanair again later this year.

Ryanair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by R Grevatte    (UK)

Penalty for not checking in for return flight is extortion.70 a head, making it a 280 blow for my young family and I. We started outward journey at 4am so no time to check in then, stayed in a remote place with no internet or computer. Had to sit separately on flight from my young family, 3 and 6 year olds, who hated it. Cabin crew completely hopeless at finding way to allow us to sit together. Overall very disappointing will never use Ryanair again, long gone are the days of 0.99 flights. You can't even complain properly, and when you do eventually make contact with someone, they don't apologise or use your actual name, disgusting customer service, ridiculous systems all round!

Ryanair Customer review :  5 June 2014 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

DUB-STN and then STN-SVQ a couple of days later. Effortless flying really, just a gripe with the horrendous food you have to buy (obviously you don't have to). Had something that was meant to be fresh but had a best before of July 15. The cabin crew never look happy and were nice to the pax but, not so much to each other.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Richard Pym    (UK)

Travelled LPL-LDY with a 3 year old. No complaints at all. With Ryanair, know the rules and play by them and its no problem at all. Assigned seating is a huge improvement and the website is better than it was. I travel this route frequently and the punctuality is very good.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Ucfaaay    (UK)

I've flown a lot over the past decade, but have never used Ryanair. The first time was a return trip from London Stansted to Santander in May 2014 (FR2612 / FR2613). Despite worries about Ryanair's reputation it was a very positive experience. The flights, including 15 kg of baggage and all extras, were very reasonably priced. Both outward and return flights landed a few minutes. Return leg saw us being placed in emergency exit seats rather than our allocated seats, which meant extra legroom. Cabin was clean. Seats don't recline, but were fine. By following all Ryanair's instructions (printing boarding passes etc.) no extra money had to be paid. Would happily use them again in the future.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Allan Abdullah    (UK)

I travelled from London to Oslo. The flight arrived early, staff were respectful and the plane was clean and comfortable. Would definitely travel on Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 May 2014 by L Melville    (Canada)

We flew from Pisa to Barcelona, the inflight staff were nice but the ones at the airport were horrible and rude. By the time you add in all the extra costs it is no longer a deal.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by J Baxter    (UK)

Flew Glasgow Prestwick to Lanzarote on 28th April, no problems at all, knew we had 2 print the boarding passes though why anyone can say they didn't know they had to do this amazes me. Our hotel kindly printed the return passes for us but there were plenty of internet cafes around so it would have been simple for us to do this ourselves. Have booked flights to Mallorca for August at a great price and I'm sure I will have the same relaxing time, if people keep within the rules then all will be ok.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by M Thomas    (UK)

Liverpool to Limoges out and Limoges to East Midlands in. No problems. Ryanair do just what they say, transport people who want to travel at an economical price and get them from A to B. I'm a regular user on this route and never yet had a problem. Eat before you get to the airport, make sure your bag fits in the frame as soon as you arrive at the airport and your chances of a nasty surprise are minimised. I'm not certain I'd recommend them for family, fully laden holiday travel but for one guy alone with minimal baggage it's a great way to travel cheaply. - I'm satisfied.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by R Chi    (UK)

My husband and I fly Ryanair about 4 times a year, we have no problems with them at all. Providing you know the t&cs and abide by them. People who moan about boarding pass issues mostly only have themselves to blame. As to people who moan about the on time fanfare, they really need to get a grip, it last about two seconds live with it! In February we were unable to land at East Midlands because of high winds and were diverted to Birmingham. We found Ryanair to be very organised, coaches waiting and back to East Midlands in no time. I do admit that the new timings regarding printing of boarding passes is a pain but for goodness sake pay an extra 10 and print your return passes before you go away.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 May 2014 by E Evans    (UK)

The flight times from Birmingham to Barcelona worked out, along with the cost of the flights and having recently seen Ryanair's marketing campaign to make themselves more customer friendly we felt it was time to try them again. I made the mistake of not checking in online which I realised was against company policy and by the time I had tried to do this the two hour curfew was on and I couldn't do it. This meant checking in at the airport for the sum of 70 per head (140 in total) for myself and my wife. I completely understand the argument of a web based airline and would expect to have to pay extra for the privilege but those sort of charges are punitive and unfortunately destroy the more customer focused marketing approach Ryanair are trying - a shame!

Ryanair Customer review :  28 May 2014 by J Bennett    (UK)

Bologna-Bristol-Bologna. New route with exceptional fares. Ryanair at its best, flights on time and no fuss travel from A to B. Crew were great but on the return were particularly polite and professional. The allowance of a small extra bag makes a big difference. I hope they make a go of this new route.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by D Gazal    (USA)

I would not recommend Ryanair. I recently flew from Paris to Barcelona with my wife. We were hoping to save a few dollars by flying this cheap airline. We paid for it. First, airport where they fly out of is about 80km from Paris so you will pay extra to get there and it will cost you time. Then, when you get there be prepared to pay 10 euros for every kilo overweight (max 20 kilos per checked bag, most airlines give 25 kilos per checked bag). Finally, don't forget to print your boarding pass because if you don't you will pay 70 euros per person for them to do it at the airport (this was twice as much as the actual ticket). I highly recommend avoiding this airline. Every passenger before us was very much aggravated in some capacity for one reason or the other.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Henderson    (UK)

Flying about 4 times a year to Spain, this year I checked out Ryanair flights which were a little cheaper. so went with them. Unfortunately the 3 flights booked have all been changed, some by just a few hours, but on one in particular leaves me with a loss of almost a days holiday.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by R Williams    (UK)

After paying to reserve a window seat on my flight to Palma Mallorca on 10 May 2014, I was horrified to find that my seat 11A did not have a window at all. There was nothing on the aircraft plan to show that there was a bulkhead where a window should be. I did not see a thing for the duration of the flight which was annoying to say the least, as my wife and I enjoy looking down on the view below.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Boison    (UK)

Prestwick to Gran Canaria return. Both flights on time, did pay for extra legroom, worth the money for a 4 hour flight. Had our cabin baggage removed at Prestwick as they had passed their 90 bag rule, staff ensured personal items (passports, money etc) were removed. On return we were allowed them in the cabin. Very overpriced onboard product but if you don't want to buy it, then don't. Staff friendly.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 May 2014 by B Thompson    (UK)

Use of Ryanair is generally a last resort. Flight last Friday from Treviso to Bristol was due to take off at 15:20 but about 30mins beforehand a small storm arrived with torrential rain and lightning meant there was likely to be some delay. However passengers were still gathered around the very small and enclosed gate area as normal and only at departure time was the board updated to show an hour delay. Everyone, including several disabled passengers in wheelchairs stayed, expecting aircraft arrival and loading as indicated. The storm had passed and other aircraft were moving. No further updates were given and an hour later a further hour delay was updated on the gate display. With no seating for most passengers, no refreshments and no information people were becoming unhappy, especially as another delayed flight were packed into the same space. When the third hour delay was put up on the display it was accompanied by advice notices for passengers advising of EU travel rights! When the plane eventually arrived just before the third hour of delay and passengers allowed to board the crew were more concerned with making sure we were aware they were due to be off duty soon - no word of any apology for delay from anyone. Part way into the flight back it was then announced the crew was at their limit of allowed flight time and we would be diverted into Brussels for a new crew to board. On landing no crew, but another hour wait for them to be roused from homes to take over the flight. Why the operations staff did not allow for this originally is not known! Eventually arrived back in Bristol over four hours late. Needless to say will not be rushing to use Ryanair again anytime soon!

Ryanair Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Rob Whitby    (UK)

This stupid 7 day check in was not highlighted when I purchased the flights. My wife and I had to travel a day ahead of our due flight time and could not print off our return tickets. Oour Spanish holiday was spent in the mountains with no facility to access a computer. I rang their customer care line and emailed 4 times asking for help - no reply to either request. I was left with no option than to pay 40 extra to check in. This is my first and last booking with this company.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 May 2014 by E Gorman    (Ireland)

I was warned by several family members to not fly with Ryanair, but the flight I wanted with my friends was cheap so I didn't mind so much. I'm usually a very easy going person but Ryanair make my blood boil! They changed my flight time by more than 8 hours, meaning that I would lose a day on my holiday, I applied for a refund as did my three other friends for the coming home flight (We rebooked another coming home flight for a few days later with Ryanair) All of my friends got their refund, however Ryanair refused to give me mine! They said that I cannot just refund one leg of the journey. Eventually they said they would refund it, 3 months later and I'm still waiting for money to be put back into my account. I highly recommend you don't put yourself in this kind of position to be tricked out of your money.