Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  26 June 2014 by S Hogben    (UK)

Absolutely appalling that my partner and I have to pay an extra 60 to be able to print our boarding passes and sit next to each other on the plane. We are flying to Greece for 2 weeks and would not have access to a printer half way through the holiday to print out return passes. Diabolical and a rip off, will never book with the shoddy airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Ozyp    (USA)

We were traveling from Paris to Rome. We did not have access while traveling to a printer so we were unable to print our boarding passes. We arrived at the airport 2.5 hours before our flight. We were told that all boarding passes had to be printed or it was 70 euros per person. There were 4 of us so this was a hefty fee. I saw others approaching the counter to check in with their phones. I asked about this and they said it had to be done 2 hours ahead of the flight and it was too late. 90% of the people that approached the counter had to pay additional fees. We also paid ahead for 2 bags. 4 of us ere traveling so we knew we would have that much. They said that only one bag showed on their side of the reservation so we needed to pay for the other bag. I had an email confirming 2 bags and they said they couldn't go by that.

Ryanair Customer review :  26 June 2014 by I Migle    (Lithuania)

Round trip Kaunas (KUN) - London Gatwick (LGW) - Kaunas (KUN). Friendly staff, flight with no errors or other shenanigans. Not much space to move around in the plane itself, but acceptable for short haul flights. One disadvantage - everything costs money. I'm surprised they still don't charge for bathroom trips. Of course, you can only expect so much from a low price airline, which is the main advantage. Another thing is the flight attendants trying to sell lottery tickets and calendars, that is rather unprofessional, feels like you're in a market or someplace similar. All in all - loved the flight, and definitely going to use this airline again!

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by R White    (UK)

If anyone is every considering flying with Ryanair, ensure you know exactly what experience you are signing up for when you book your ticket. We went return from Luton to Marrakech and would not do this journey with them again. In fact, we'd only think about it for very short flights for weekend breaks and to be honest that would be pretty desperate. Where to start? They may offer cheaper "upfront" costs but add-ons are extortionate. The fact you cannot print off your return boarding pass within 7 days of your return flight is just a way to con people out of the money (10 per person) to advance purchase a designated seat. After all, who wants to gallivant around an unfamiliar foreign city looking for an internet cafe that may or may not have a printer. The queuing is still a scrum even though they have finally realised that assigning people seats will stop the kind of behaviour they and their ilk were responsible for creating. On the flight, the whole experience is stuffy, cramped and bad tempered. The hard-sell starts instantly and continues through the whole flight. The claustrophobic atmosphere is taken further by the fact that some aisles didn't even have windows! They couldn't even be bothered to give out landing cards either, which just prolonged the bad experience at the airport. I reckon that after all the add-ons it would have been cheaper to fly with BA. Although BA are pretty woeful, 3.5 hours on a Ryanair flight is far too much.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by R Calcutt-Saunders    (UK)

22/6/2014. Flying from Stansted to Treviso, Venice, for 7 days holiday, we were fine on our outward journey as we had been able to check-in and print off the boarding passes, however, the system would allow us to do the same for our return at that point in time. Where we were staying we had no access to a computer or printer but assumed, perhaps foolishly that at Treviso airport they would have the same system as they do in Stansted and we would be able to check-in and print off at their machines for a nominal fee. How wrong we were. We arrived well before the 2 hour time scale but ended having to pay additional 140 Euros! Money making at its worse, I feel very sorry for the staff at the check in desks whilst we were there I saw at least another 2 people who were in the same position as we were. It wasn't until I got home I saw the email from Ryanair advising of the additional costs. I received a text message at 23.00 the night before our departure at 9.50, reminding us we needed to check-in and print off the boarding card, if they had notified me in this text of the astronomical charge awaiting us at the airport, we would have search around the entire city of Venice for someone to assist us, but it wasn't included! Never again will we use Ryanair, should have gone to Marco Polo Airport and flown British Airways!

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Luigi Saputelli    (USA)

I paid $140 one way from Palma to Madrid which was reasonable, but they charged us $150 more at the airport simply because we did not print out our boarding passes in advance! No matter that we did not have internet or a printer while traveling. We did not know about this policy until we arrived at the airport. They would not refund our ticket! What a rip off.

Ryanair Customer review :  24 June 2014 by P Gomez    (Spain)

Like other reviews said, the Ryanair website kept crashing so I had to have the ticket agent at the airport print the tickets for me at the ridiculous cost of 15 euros per ticket. During boarding I was told I couldn't bring on my coffee which I had purchased at the cafe right next to the gate (past security) due to "security concerns" while everyone else brought on their waters and fruit juices. While on the plane a flight attendant removed my bag from the overhead in order to put in someone else's bag. He then tried to fit mine, which contained a laptop, Ipad, and Kindle, into a separate overhead by cramming it in. I finally had to yell at him to stop, to which he complained my bag was too large to fit. He then forced me to put it under my seat. Needless to say this will be the last time I use Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 June 2014 by S Eyles    (UK)

Faro to Bristol. Crew were most welcoming whilst boarding with plenty of smiles and interaction. We had to wait whilst an elderly couple were late due to them going to the wrong Gate, they were frail and agitated on boarding. The crew were marvellous with them, even the Captain emerged from the cockpit to greet them, calming them and telling them not to worry. Despite this, we left early and a smooth flight got us into Bristol ahead of schedule. Well done Ryanair!

Ryanair Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Terri Bawden    (USA)

We paid $277 one way from Bordeaux to Marseille which was reasonable, but they charged us $283 more at the airport simply because we did not print out our boarding passes in advance! No matter that we did not have internet or a printer while traveling. We did not know about this policy until we arrived at the airport. They would not refund our ticket, and even worse, they acted mad at us for being upset! What a ripoff!

Ryanair Customer review :  21 June 2014 by G Nuval    (USA)

Santiago de Compostela to Madrid, May 30 2014. I guess we were not the only ones who were ripped off by this airline. We had the same experience as many of the passengers. We reserved online, paid with credit card, got an email that it's been confirmed. So, we were hoping that it will be an easy check in since we came two hours early. We were told at the airport that we should have checked in online and that the payment was forfeited so we had to pay again for the same flight. In addition, we had to pay 40 Euros each for our luggage since only 2 small carry ons were allowed. Since we had to go on that flight, we had no recourse but to give in. I have never encountered such poor rules and such rude personnel.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 June 2014 by A Fiddies    (UK)

Flew Manchester-Gran Canaria. Good flight times and got baggage quickly. Attempting to print off the boarding pass scam was painful to say the least. In the UK the site kept crashing and took the best part of a day to achieve the process, only to have to repeat this in our holiday destination. When at Manchester airport it was displayed that boarding for our flight was in 5 minutes, this continued for about 25 minutes with no updates. We were then requested to proceed to boarding, that I can only explain as a cattle market. We were then left to wait in the queue for the best part of another 45 minutes. Consequently our flight was delayed by well over an hour with no explanation or apology. Whilst on the flight to Gran Canaria the seat belt sign light was displayed intermittently for long periods with no evidence of turbulence or explanation. Being 2 adults we could manage this, but we had to feel for the passengers with young children who desperately wanted the toilet. Baggage - the allowance is 15 kilos for hold luggage and 10 for hand luggage. When we flew out from Manchester they counted hand luggage in our allowance. On return from Gran Canaria they decided that hold luggage should only be 15 kilos. Our hold luggage weighed exactly the same as it did at Manchester and we did not have hand luggage but were told that it would cost us 70 euros to pay the excess. Having very little hand luggage facilities available we had to empty our case to avoid the excess charge. Admittedly we should have read the small print, but one would question why this was not highlighted in Manchester, and came to light in Gran Canaria on our return. Overall it may be a budget airline but really not worth the hassle.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 June 2014 by John Palmer    (UK)

We travelled twice with Ryanair during the last week. The first trip (Stansted to Pisa) was delayed 45 minutes. Its not so much the delay that's the problem, it is the total lack of communication or an apology for the late running. We were asked to queue up for boarding and stood there for over an hour with no communication. Worse was to follow. On the following Saturday we were booked on the 22.00 flight out of Pisa for Stansted. Again no communication or apologies were forthcoming from Ryanair. 150 minutes after the flight should have left we were told it was cancelled - no apology again. We were not offered any refreshment during this three hours. They then booked the passengers a hotel but had only a mini bus to start with to take 16 passengers a time, randomly selected by Ryanair staff. We eventually arrived at the hotel at 03.00 but had to be up for an 07.00 departure from the hotel. No food or drinks were offered by Ryanair. No staff were available at Pisa airport to speak to, or to hand out vouchers. The service was shabby at best. No apologies, poor communication, no-one to talk too, and no refreshment vouchers either. We will not be travelling with Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Komati Reddy    (India)

We were flying from London-Luton to Dublin on June 1 2014. I am a world traveller and this was the first time an airline charged GBP70 for not printing a boarding pass and we had no choice other than to pay. I and two of my friends ended up missing the flight as it took 5-10 mins to provide the boarding passes - the boarding pass was hand written. We were just running to the gate and airline crew just shut the gate on us (the flight was still open and they refused to take us in). We had to return to the counter hoping that they would transfer us to the next flight: to our shock they demanded another GBP110 per head to transfer. We had to cancel our Dublin trip, thanks to Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Ian Fraser    (UK)

Having not used Ryanair for years due to loading issues, now you can book your seats and pay for priority boarding, thought I would try them again. Flew Malaga to Ibiza return, fantastic, staff marked off first 90 customers who could take on board cabin luggage, no standing in a queue, you just walk up to the priority line when suits. On our return just sat there until the last few loaded, in row 8, plenty of overhead cabin space as again only first 90 allowed on board. Whilst both flights full the final 90 or so passengers loaded fast as they had no luggage. There was a few complaints by those not allowed cabin luggage especially when we walked up at the last minute with our hand luggage. All in all from booking to in flight very good, shame you don't have the seat space on our normal Jet2 flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 June 2014 by David Crookshanks    (UK)

Dublin to Malaga, 28th April 2014. Malaga to Dublin, 26th May 2014. At the boarding gate travelling from Dublin to Malaga and Malaga to Dublin as I do very often, passengers have now started to leave their bags in a line at the boarding gate then go and take a seat. This books them a place in the queue without themselves queuing, it happens in both the priority and other queue. I thought that bags were not to be left unattended, anyone could leave a bag and wander off - needs to be stopped before everyone decides to put a bag down in the bag queue and then take a seat.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Sharon Dixon    (UK)

I flew for the 1st time with Ryanair on 31st May. On board was a very rowdy stag party that were dancing and singing in the aisles and were very annoying. The staff remained professional and eventually got the party to sit down. I think if you turn up on time, don't go over your baggage allowance and have the correct paperwork then Ryanair is as good as any other airline. On our return flight we had a 30 minute delay but the staff boarded us quickly and efficiently. Will use again.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C Barkei    (Luxembourg)

Flew as a family of four from Brussels to Manchester and back. No problems at all. Paid for specific seats, so was able to print out all boarding passes in advance; used their parking offer at Brussels and we were in the departure area 10 minutes later. Both flights short and timely and with hand luggage only we had no delays at all. Pleasant crew on both flights. For the price excellent, just wonder what they do when things go wrong?

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

EDI-DUB. Utterly painful booking process on their web site, which is not exactly user friendly. Flight experience was much better. Paid extra for seat at front of the aircraft, and travelling with hand baggage only. Flight left on time, but was late getting in as we had to do a go-around due to an aircraft in front of us in the landing queue being too slow.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Crabtree    (UK)

Flew out to Majorca from East Midlands on 24th May returned on 7th June to East Midlands, flight should have left on 24th May at 11.35 departed at 12.05 due to I think a seating problem. Seems 2 sets of people had been allocated same seats, I think the problem could have been solved earlier as 2 people boarded flight some 20/25 mins. After flight should have left. We had a great flight home, arrived a little earlier that was spoiled by having to walk 300/400 yards to passport control in pouring rain. Everyone was sopping wet by the time we got there, very shoddy service at East Midlands.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 June 2014 by E Barrie    (UK)

I have flown with Ryanair in the last 6years from Liverpool to Carcassonne many times and have found that they are 99.99% punctual except when there is a natural disaster i.e.volcanic eruptions, French air traffic strikes and the like, and yes they will charge extra if you don't read the small print and it is not the most comfortable but isn't that why they are cheap, you try and fly to some remote airport in Europe using a well known carrier and it will take three days to get there and cost you a lottery win to get to your destination, so put up with a little bit of rude service and an uncomfortable seat for a few hours and get over it.

Ryanair Customer review :  9 June 2014 by A Bolton    (UK)

I am a regular user of Ryanair and I have always defended them as an airline with their rules, my line would be stick to the rules and it's a cheap way to fly. I've never had a problem, until now, the new 7 day rule for printing off the boarding card is downright wrong. We hardly ever go away for less than ten days, so we can't book our return flight in England. We go to rural Spain and I doubt we will find an Internet cafe now when everyone has wifi and Ipads, I think they have all closed down. So now will have to pay for allocated seats and need to remember this when working out whether Ryanair are cheaper than Monarch.