Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  3 February 2014 by William Chalmers    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh to Alicante and return - flights both ways were punctual and there was a nice holiday atmosphere on board. Boarding was a bit slow on both sectors but once on board there were no delays. Cabin service was friendly and attentive - prices a bit of a rip off, but the price the of tickets more than compensates. We travelled with hold luggage and golf clubs - luggage was delivered punctually at both ends. Given the excellent value for money I can't fault Ryanair and will certainly use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 January 2014 by D Sivell    (UK)

October 13, Luton to Beziers in France return. Jan 14, Stansted to Vasteras in Sweden, return Skavsta Sweden to Stansted. Have had a couple of trips with Ryanair in last 6 months and have had no problems. The cost is so low that you have to expect service is going to be a little less than a national operator but me and my family had no complaints. Staff did their job and some were very nice, yes I was worried that ticket bar codes would read OK as I didn't want to have to pay 70 extra for each ticket to be printed at airport. Just follow Ryanair rules, double check your details and you should be OK. I took all my 5 grown up children away for the price of a single ticket on a national operator. Also Ryanair planes are all very new under 5 years old so safety should be good.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 January 2014 by P Hurley    (Ireland)

I flew with Ryanair on 16th Jan 2014 and returned 20th Jan to London Gatwick from Cork. I must say from start to finish I found the staff excellent, helpful and courteous. I had 2 very pleasant flights - no problem whatsoever.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Pat Walkden    (UK)

Been flying from London Stansted to Murcia for a few years now and I must say that if you comply with all their rules everything should be fine we have not had any trouble always on time staff nearly always friendly enough flight number FR8027 and FR8028.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Linda Rollinson    (UK)

I can not fault Ryanair, I use them a lot and, will keep on doing so. The biggest issue most of the people in the North West have is: there are no other airports in the North of the country that fly direct to Lamezia or nearby, Blackpool would be fantastic, Man, or Liverpool. Come on Ryanair, what's the problem, give the customers what they want, one a week would be great.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 January 2014 by D Lewis    (UK)

Bristol-Alicante, FR8297, 2-6/10/13. Long weekend in Benidorm, flew out with Easyjet and because of the time back, with Ryanair. The free for all at the gate will stay long in the memory It was a very unpleasant end to the trip, and we all vowed never to use this airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by G McGill    (UK)

Regularly fly with Ryanair from Dublin to France and it works wonderfully. Listen to a lot of people complaining about the airline and really cannot understand why. Staff are usually pleasant, although there is always the exception to the rule. It's always on time, boarding and exiting is always efficient. Without this airline we and many others could not fly as often.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Simon Oakley    (UK)

I booked a short break for two to Marrakech and living so close to Stansted airport bought two returns with Ryanair for a brilliant cost of 118 several months ago. As the trip date approached I received an email from them stating that the return flight time had been brought forward by 7 hours with no reason or explanation, and a short one line of apology buried in the small print. As this was a 3 day trip I elected to cancel and have a refund as I felt that it was unacceptable without explanation to curtail a short break like this. I re-booked with BA from Gatwick at an additional cost of 60 for two.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Anastasiou    (Cyprus)

I had to take 4 flights along with my husband over the Christmas and New year period traveling with others from Paphos to Dublin via Stansted. Unfortunately there are no direct flights from Cyprus to Ireland. My parents informed me of new flights starting from April 2014 from Shannon by Ryanair but unfortunately Paphos was not on the list yet again we seem to miss out in Cyprus! I really can't understand why Ryanair hasn't taken over the Irish route since Helios stopped and then Eurocypria stopped there is no airline covering this route. I've never had a problem with any staff member or been unhappy about the service.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 January 2014 by J Brady    (UK)

Booked a flight from Birmingham to Trieste a few months back. Had an email last week saying this route had been cancelled. Advised to contact customer services. English seemed to be their 3rd language. I was paying for the call albeit Ryanair had inconvenienced me, not the other way round. After 4 'phone calls I managed to get someone who both spoke snd understood English. The route in question was very popular but Ryanair want people to use Stansted and are gradually withdrawing services from regional airports.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 January 2014 by K McWilliam    (UK)

Flew FR6621 / 6622 to Tenerife from Edinburgh (return). First and last time I'll use this airline - total rip off. Stood for an hour at Edinburgh check in then another 45 minutes at the gate in the hope my wife and I would get a seat together (why should we pay extra for this?). On board is a joke, leg room and general scope of the seating is ridiculous. All cabin crew were rude and only wanted to sell things. We heard about the seat belt signs coming on for turbulence just before the trolleys come out and sure enough this happened twice on the way out and back, apparently an old Ryanair trick. Return check in at Tenerife was ridiculous, 5 Ryanair flights being checked in at one time through 3 desks, that's nearly 700 passengers. No Ryanair staff on duty and no one is interested in what you have to say. Usual stampede for seats together, again why should we pay for that privilege? Its standard with everyone else. More rude cabin staff on the way home which cemented not only ours but a lot more people on boards perception of Ryanair - never again.

Ryanair Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Y Mirindi    (Belgium)

BUD-CRL. It seems like Ryanair is doing a great job trying to change the bad image is has. Both flights on time, leg room was much better then Wizz's A320's. Boarding was done very efficiently, crew friendly, and pilots were very informative.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Z Beckett    (UK)

FR555/552 Manchester-Dublin 30/12/13-02/01/14. I fly quite a few times a year but this was my first time with Ryanair, so I was interested to compare. I have to say if you follow the rules that are made very clear to you well before departure you will have no problems. There were a few people who hadn't printed boarding passes or their cases were far too big for the cabin and they were moaning about being charged to check them in etc. Yes the fees for printing are totally ridiculous for printing a sheet of paper, but just don't get yourself in that situation! I had booked an exit row seat for an extra 10 which included priority boarding. I have to say it was worth it, especially being tall. I arrived at the gate 45 minutes before the departure time to see a huge queue waiting for the boarding to start. The priority boarding queue was empty so I walked straight down and waited for around 15 minutes. Then a member of staff came over and said would you like to come forward we are ready, after my pass was checked the barrier for the others was opened. I boarded the plane first after a few minutes wait at the bottom of the stairs of the plane and got settled whilst everyone else boarded. I'm not sure if this system works if there is a bus to catch to the plane? One benefit of being nearer to the front of the queue is getting seats with family/friends and having space to store luggage as many people we struggling to find places for their luggage once the plane was filling up. The flight was comfortable and crew were fairly friendly but seemed in a rush to serve drinks and were quite sharp with a few customers who were asking for a drink of water. The people in front were drinking their own alcohol and were sharply told that they couldn't consume their own alcohol on board. Overall, I found the experience far better than expected even though the service of other airlines isn't present but the price was far far lower! I would fly Ryanair again especially as their flights seem to have few delays and they are bringing in allocated seating.

Ryanair Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Bradley Philip    (UK)

I have used Ryanair every 4 days since July 13 and their punctuality and reliability has been excellent. Their service has improved, less annoying announcements just the on arrival wake up call to go! Sometimes the on board entertainment is excellent. However I still travel extremely stressed, I still wonder what will go wrong, what will the staff find wrong. Top tip do not be mean pay extra for a reserved seat. Food pricing still a little pricey.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Mark Wroblewski    (USA)

My last trip with Ryanair was Modlin-Hahn-Modlin at the beginning of December 2013. Both flights were excellent. Each time I'm in Europe I indulge myself in city hopping. It's only possible thanks to Ryanair's prices. You get what you have paid for: Affordable and safe transport from A to B. Pros: Price, modern planes, efficient and friendly cabin crew. On time arrivals. Cons: If you have additional luggage you have to pay for it. Make sure your carry on meets the exact size requirements. Seats are a bit tight, but for the price I paid I can live with it Comments: If you are budget conscious and adventure oriented definitely go with Ryanair. Really good airline to choose if you like to travel.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 December 2013 by A Green    (UK)

Ryanair never cease to plunge to new depths in customer experience. Always looking for a new way to con passengers into falling foul of a regulation so they can extort money to bring their cheap fares in to line with the proper airlines. This time we made sure we packed a bag within the regulations, got priority boarding and then had a rude stewardess snap at us to remove the bag and coats from the over head locker to make room for (oversized) late boarders bags - then try and take my bag into the hold!

Ryanair Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Mark Farrelly    (UK)

Travel monthly Liverpool to Dublin, the most recent the flight from Liverpool could not land due to storm force winds. The 3.20pm flight eventually left at 10.20pm - 5 euro refreshment voucher. We queued for the flight at 7.05pm but that was cancelled for technical reasons. Passengers were offered transfers to flights to Manchester or Birmingham or the 10.20pm flight. I suppose not their fault but instead of asking passengers who wanted to go to Manchester to go to one desk and the others at another desk I was told "first come first served". Strange thing was the late flight could cater for all the passengers who were going to Liverpool so the technical fault saved them a flight to Liverpool. The 10.20pm flight was a nightmare with about twenty males all drunk and swearing and having to be advised by cabin staff to behave, to be fair there was no alcohol sold on the flight. I will continue to use Ryanair as they are cheap but when possible travel on early morning flights you miss the stag/hen/football fans. I am looking forward to the allocation of seats so no more stampedes for the departure gates and they are only doing what Easyjet and Aer Lingus currently do. On this trip can only score 4 but have had plenty of tens over the years.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 December 2013 by E Kirwan    (UK)

My mother 85 years of age travelled on 22/12/2013 from Dublin to East Midlands. I had requested wheelchair assistance, she received the utmost care and attention from the moment she arrived at Dublin airport to collection at Nottingham. My sincere thanks to Ryanair and to their kind staff that tended my mother throughout.

Ryanair Customer review :  25 December 2013 by P Batista    (UK)

Today Sunday 22/12/2013 I arrived at Manchester airport terminal 3 at 6.30pm. I was surprised by a big queue, I was in that queue for about 10 minutes without moving anywhere, a member of staff comes up and says (ladies and gentlemen we are evacuating to terminal 1 for security reasons), so I thought I was going to be late. I asked this gentlemen who said not to worry as all flights were delayed. When we got to terminal 1, after 10 minutes nothing had been said, I went to see a member of staff and asked for information. I was told to sit and wait until I get a call. At 9.00 pm I went and asked again and I was told to wait, 5 minutes later a lady came to me and asked if I was flying to Faro ans was told to follow her. There was when I found out I had missed the flight, my plane had taken off at 7.45 pm. I fly with Ryanair regularly - very disappointed.

Ryanair Customer review :  23 December 2013 by J Sangha    (UK)

EMA to Reus, FR6608 on 12/10/13 and Reus to EMA, FR6609 on 15/10/13. I used priority boarding, all good, on time, good on board service. No problems at all.