Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2014 by M E Willis    (UK)

We travelled with Ryanair to Majorca two weeks ago, I had booked assistance for my husband due to his mobility problems, and found the staff at both ends of our journey so very helpful, I cannot thank them enough. It made what l thought was going to be a rather stressful journey easy for usboth. We were given all the help we needed in a pleasant and friendly manner.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2014 by D Price    (UK)

We flew to Gran Canaria as a family of four this month - never again with Ryanair! At 6ft tall there is no way to sit comfortably in the tiny amount of legroom you are allocated. The plane itself looked tired and dirty and the toilets are a disgrace. The cabin crew are ok and do the best they can and were friendly, but the food / drinks are shockingly bad and the coffee is not fit for human consumption! I appreciate you are using a 'budget' airline but surely the standard of service shouldn't suffer to the extent it does. My advice would be pay a bit extra for a decent airline and start your holiday off the right way!

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Donnelly Chris    (UK)

Again, very pleased with Ryanair. FR9885 from Derry to Liverpool, flight departed about 5 minutes early and arrived 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Pleasant flight with friendly crew. Another thumbs up for Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Bentley Phil    (UK)

FR9014, Stansted to Barcelona, 05/09/2014 and FR8322, Valencia to Stansted, 10/09/2014. Both flights were excellent, both on time and the staff were lovely.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Rita Cornell    (UK)

16th September from South Tenerife at 11.40. Seat's hard to sit on for a long flight no comfort in them at all. No inflight Entertainment on long flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2014 by David Mullins    (UK)

Have flown on holidays and business for the last 40 years. Sometimes a flight can be below standard which usually results in muttering disapproval, however my wife and I flew from Manchester to Majorca last week and we were absolutely appalled by both the service but moreover the behaviour of the majority of the other passengers. They consisted mostly of stag groups and hen party groups who prior to boarding had sampled the wares of the departure lounge bars, I suspect, for several hours, the screaming and shouting and rolling around the centre aisle was a vision to behold. Eventually the captain put the "fasten seat belt" signs on permanently. I think rather than use Ryanair again I'd rather cancel my trip if there was no other option.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Helen Clews    (UK)

Shocking customer care from Ryanair! Flight delayed in Manchester and then flew into a storm over Barcelona - hit by lightening - passengers very shocked and upset. We flew to Valencia and was told to leave and collect our bags - coaches will drive us the 4 hours back to Barcelona. Ok no problem - 4 hours later and after every diverted flight had left in coaches our coaches arrived! 4 hours - no staff to help or contact us - no news and many left in cabs at a cost of 400 euros. 4 hours wait and then the coaches arrived, with a driver who couldn't work the air conditioning in his coach - excuse - he wasn't used to it! We froze for two hours until we stopped and got another coach driver to help! Never use them again and their response - very poor and not their fault. Never use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Ratcliff    (UK)

Flew in July with my 3 kids to Tenerife, first and last time though! We checked in 2 cases between 5 people and they charged me an extra 60, staff were rude and unhelpful. Seats on the plane were uncomfortable and the plane was dirty. Only half the food available to purchase on board. The flight back was even worse, late, dirty again, and we were sent to wrong boarding gate - they decided to change it to other end of airport! If you're planning to fly with Ryanair - don't!

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J G Stephenson    (UK)

I fly Ryanair and easyjet to Malaga from Liverpool every 2 weeks and have done so for 2.5 years. The service from both is good and Ryanair are normally the cheapest. I have had 3 delays due to weather and one diversion to East Midlands last year due to the weather. I do hear complaints every now and then on flights for both airlines the majority by people who are not seasoned travellers and only fly on limited occasions. The complaints were mostly why cant I sit at the front because they see these seats are free but they are told you cant have these seats as the aircraft needs to be balanced. Most accept this others don't and they hold the queue up by arguing. Then you get the guy and his mate who hover around the extra leg room seats to see if they can get one and they block the aisles and hold the queue up. Now that allocated seating is on all aircraft these problems seem to be resolved, apart from the odd idiot who says I want to sit next to my mate but we did not get that option when we booked so can you sort it, this again holds the queue up. With regards to the aircraft staff, yes they have their bad days but that is not surprising as they see the same type of idiots flying in and flying out. The expression you pay peanuts you get monkeys however does not apply to the majority of staff I have come across and the vast majority of regular travellers appreciate the stewards and the service they give. If you wish for a better service then dig deep and save up for the next ten years and you can fly business class.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2014 by T Kilner    (UK)

Only one word to explain it (sham), after been delayed 48 hours. Our flight should have been leaving at 11pm Sunday we was still in the airport at 4.00 am until they decided to take us to a hotel, we were then told there was no flight until Tuesday evening to arrive at East Midlands and not from Manchester where we had flown from. We had very little money left myself my partner and my 7 year old daughter had to share a meal at the hotel as we could not afford anything else. When we got to the airport Tuesday evening we was told that the pre booked seats we had paid for was no longer ours, we was treated like cattle with no apology whatsoever. Never again will I use Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2014 by A Blackwell    (Ireland)

Business plus plan: Smoke and Mirrors. I just went on a business trip and took the opportunity of travelling with Ryanair on their new Business plus plan. Just as an aside, I fly regularly with Ryanair (no choice), and usually book and pay for all the options, so I went for 'all the options' in a package that promised a 'bit' more and cost 70 euros more. The flight was from Dublin to Nice (France). The offering was 1) Flexibility on ticket changes, 2) 20kg baggage allowance, 3) Fast track airport security, 4) Priority boarding and 5) Choose your premium seat. So this was all pretty good, and I bought into it all. I did not need to use #1. #2 is standard. #3 I wanted, and at Dublin Airport there was a gate for this, that put us behind people being let into the fast lane for clearance (no big deal). When it came to the return flight this was not an option. #4 is standard. However at Nice everyone was let through the check in at the same time (there were two queues), and most priority passengers were way to the back of the ensueing melee - all were then herded aboard a couple of busses, so no priority. #5 is standard. Bottom Line: Business plus plan is a total fake intended to take more money out of business passengers without giving them anything.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Mead    (UK)

Travelled STN-VLC (Valencia) on 8 September and back on 12 September. Trip going out was very good. I am 6ft 4in tall and had one of the emergency exit rows over the wings and there was plenty of space. Cabin crew very attentive on the way out, not so much on the way back but still good. Over 2 hour delay on the way back as the plane had to go to Ibiza for "operational reasons" first and then come back and take us to London. So long as you play by their rules and are not an idiot when it comes to reading their instructions they are not a bad airline to use for short trips.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Wimpress Michelle    (UK)

I travelled with Ryanair for the first time 25/8/14 to Gran Canaria. The flight (4 Hours) was very unorganised by the flight team. The air host and hostess sat at the front of the plane, as was I for extra leg room, spent half of their time looking in the mirror in the bathroom, playing with their hair and touching up lipstick. The staff at the back of the plane frequently came to the front as they were having some kind of disagreement and arguing over some gossip from another flight attendant that was not present during our flight. It was a he said she said thing that involved all of them. My partner and I were not able to get seats together when I booked for extra leg room for us both, so we had aisle seats, however, the 2 seats in front of my partner were empty and it would have been nice for attendants to have offered us the seats so as we could sit together. I have to say, our flight home was much better and the flight attendants were friendly, helpful and professional throughout. Our flight on the 25th August 8132 at 14.10 was appalling.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 September 2014 by L Danija    (Ireland)

I fly Ryanair frequently, it's the only airline that goes to Riga from Dublin. I also have flown with them to other destinations - sometimes they have been ok, sometimes not so much. I flew with them on Saturday 6/9 and I was shocked by the level of service I received. I'm not expecting 5 star service but at least some sort of service. Only good thing was that we landed before time, this was because the crew didn't clean the plane in Riga when it landed from Dublin. It was filthy, rubbish everywhere. The flight crew were so rude, would not communicate with passengers, when you bought food from the trolley they did not even say how much it was. I was seated at 33, the last row before the toilets and the cabin crew area, two of the flight crew where standing there talking about the passengers.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Donnelly Chris    (UK)

Same as before, I flew from Liverpool to Derry with no trouble whatsoever. I was travelling only with hand baggage so of course was able to bypass the bag drop desk. Ground staff and cabin crew were friendly, flight departed 5 minutes early and landed 10 minutes early. The flight itself was pleasant enough. I couldn't ask for better from Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J Baxter    (UK)

Flew from Prestwick to Palma Mallorca, 25th Aug, no problems at all, easy check in as we had actually managed to print our boarding passes which a lot of people seem 2 have a problem with although I don't know why, I'm hopeless on computers and I can do it. Return flight 2 weeks later again no probs, used Ryanair 3 times now with no bother, this time I got return flights that were almost as cheap as the cost of my taxi fare to the airport, will be using them again, I think people are making their own problems just so they can moan!

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Johnson Ian Alan    (UK)

FR7941 from Bournemouth to Ibiza 29th. August 2014 and FR7942 Ibiza to Bournemouth 5th. September 2014. Aircraft on both flights clean, well presented and well above the standards of other airlines and we have used many. Cabin crew on both occasions bright, professional and more than willing to please passengers' Indeed on the return flight Capt, Turner saw passengers off from the front steps. I wish people would stop moaning, stick to the rules and give Ryanair the credit the airline deserves.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Colin Moxey    (Australia)

First of all Ryanair are a budget airline so don't expect anything other than a basic service. The seat pitch is famously squashed but for an extra fee you can book priority seats with extra legroom and priority boarding. Our flight from Stanstead to Kefaliona was 3 hours long, on time and the friendly crew kept us entertained and well informed throughout the flight. Take an iPad if you get bored as there is no entertainment. If you want a cheap flight with a no frills airline with a good safety record Ryanair are a good choice.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 September 2014 by L Thompson    (UK)

Flew to Gran Canaria and had a perfect flight - lovely British cabin crew, nothing too much trouble! On route home we arrived at Las Palmas airport to a queue as long as a football stadium of people. So we did as is British do and joined the queue, they then waited ten minutes to open a second check in desk, they then shouted people forward. The weigh scales where broke and so the queue grew and grew, eventually after thirty minutes of entertaining a four year old we were up. We checked in and struggled with the ladies English which was broken at best, but none the less she was polite. We then waited until our gate number was up, and boarded the plane. Right from the start it was just one of those flights, a family had checked in late so all ended up sat individually much to the fathers disgust, as a result he allowed his two year old to scream the entire flight! We then tried to order food when the cart came, this was a particular joke, they had nothing. This was thirty minutes in, we then very foolishly asked for water, (imagine the cheek) to find the very abrupt cabin crew member to say "none left", so I again foolishly said what do you have? "Heineken" at this point I will admit I was very cross, I wanted a drink for my four year old son, and she suggested beer. I then explained it was for my son and obviously beer wasn't an option - she then told me "not my problem". Needless to say four hours later my four year old was furious as he was dehydrated and hungry.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Pessoa Aderito    (UK)

Free allocated seats? This is a joke of a company, they try to get money for one way or the other. It's free only if you Check-in 7 days before, but if your trip is more than 7 days then you will need either to pay for the 5/ 10 for choosing your seat and print and tale the printed ticket with you or you will need to pray that you can find internet and a printer on your holiday destination. I will not recommend this company to anyone. Avoid like plague.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Aodhan Moan    (UK)

22 and 29 August. Flew from Dublin to Faro return, service onboard was terrible. You couldn't even understand the captains announcement because he seemed grumpy and the cabin crew were exactly the same. They didn't even have an inflight menu or magazine. Cabin crew didn't even have a smile on their face.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Breda Corish    (Ireland)

We travelled from Gatwick to Dublin on 31st. 3 adults and 4 small children. Check in girl was so helpful, she rearranged seating so we would be near one another and she took 5 pieces of hand luggage, free of charge, as check-in. Excellent service.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Willis    (UK)

Fly regularly with Ryanair from Leeds Bradford to Alicante and back. Have never been delayed. You are only buying a cheap seat and you do not have to buy anything else. You are only on the plane for a short time and reclining seats and fancy service are not an issue.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Sally Redgrave    (UK)

Ryanair put up the wrong gate no: for approx 5 minutes or so, and about 10 of us who were early, went to that gate, only to be told it was the wrong gate, we had trouble getting back, and had to wait 20 mins to be escorted back. By the time we walked to the other end of the airport, we had missed the flight by about 1 minute, we all had to pay for extra tickets at approx 140 for the two of us. Staff were rude and very unhelpful, admitted the wrong gate number had been put up.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2014 by P Cullen    (UK)

I have flown Ryanair many times over the last few years and never really had a bad experience though it was clear they were pushing the low cost model to extremes. My most recent trip was the first since their change of direction and things have improved: best is reserved seats, which makes boarding much more civilised, the selling of food and other items seems lower key and the 'another on-time arrival' jingle is less irritating than it was - though I could still live without it. It is still a fairly basic service but not too dissimilar from that offered by other carriers on intra-European routes. Ryanair finally seems to be aware of what attracts customers apart from low fares and is addressing some of the issues, I hope it continues.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Maria Elaine Cameron    (UK)

FR5579, 21 July, returned 28 July on FR5578. My family and I travelled to Benidorm for 7 days. Our travel with Ryanair was less than perfect. On the flight over, I ordered a small bottle of Prosecco, the flight attendant went for ice and when she returned she knocked over the ice and in an attempt to catch it she knocked the bottle over which spilled over me. She did not apologise until about 15 minutes later and at the time she just picked up the bottle and said, it is only a little amount. I had to get up and go to the bathroom to try and soak up some of the wine. Thankfully it was white wine. On our return flight, I badly needed to go to the toilet, the flight attendant was talking for a while with the co-pilot and finally I had to stand up. I was told from the toilet to sit down, I was again told to sit as the co-pilot had to use the bathroom which he did, however when he came out they again continued talking. I again stood up to be told sit again but this time she then indicated I use the rear toilet as the captain was to use the front facility also. (I was in row 9). As I approached the rear toilet the flight attendant there told me to go back to my seat I had to sit down, the fasten your seatbelt sign was on, I tried to explain and eventually stressed I had to use the toilet “now”. Then the attendant from the front called the rear and said to let me use the toilet which I did. The was very stressful, especially in front of all the other people on board, I do understand the need for safety on board a plane, however, the f act the staff have extended conversations amongst themselves as opposed to taking care of their paying clients speaks volumes. I will avoid using this airline again if at all possible, I am extremely disappointed.

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Meadows Sally    (UK)

My experience of Ryanair was negative. The only saving grace for the company was the onboard staff particularly the chief steward, who was polite, friendly and helpful. The online booking I found absolutely puzzling. I travelled with Monarch on my outward journey which was straightforward and cheaper. As I was travelling around for a month beforehand, the policy of having to print off the return boarding pass the week before you travel is ridiculous! The fact that if you can't do it, you're charged is appalling! When I arrived to check in I was informed I had no baggage, therefore I had to pay 35 more! The way I was told was very abrupt. My family with 2 young children had no seat allocation so had to wait for it to be sorted out. This, despite having paid for the flight. Our checking in took, in total, over an hour! I travel around the world on a regular basis but will never use Ryanair again!

Ryanair Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Haig Gordon    (UK)

Flew with Ryanir EDI to POZ, KRK to RYG and RYG to EDI. All flights were on time with clean aircraft and attentive crew. I know you only get what you pay for, but my family and I fly Ryanair regularly to visit family in Poland and I have never had cause to moan, grumble or complain in over 30 flights. Make sure your bag is the right size and weight, print your boarding passes or use the new app and turn up on time.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Anita Biressi    (UK)

My journey from Stansted to Ibiza was ruined by drunken stag party members whose behaviour was completely disregarded by the air crew. It was evident from the beginning when the crew did a half-hearted safety demonstration that no-one had authority to run this flight. Passengers became increasingly distressed as the stag party shouted and swore aggressively, ran up and down the aisles and openly drank from bottles of vodka while standing behind Ryanair staff. The crew evidently avoided eye contact, no public announcements were made to warn them of the consequences and when I complained that the situation wasn't being managed staff simply ignored me. Although they did drag their feet bringing the trolley down the aisle they eventually served these men even more alcohol. This was a potentially very dangerous situation. On landing, all of the men (aside from one who was incoherent and staggering) behaved perfectly properly as they exited through security to avoid arrest which suggests that they would have responded to warnings about their conduct during the flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Audrey McCann    (UK)

We flew from Edinburgh and got there in plenty time. Queue was not at all bad. Service was excellent. On the way home from Lanzarote the queue was again, not bad, service was good. I also have to say that the cabin crew on the flight from Lanzarote to Edinburgh on 18th August were brilliant, they were attentive, cheerful and very helpful.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Chinnery    (UK)

Travelled 24/8/14, FR8747. The return to Stansted on Ryanair from La Rochelle was ok. The experience at La Rochelle was ok and the inbound flight arrived 15 mins early. Boarding began at 10 for our 10.30 flight. The doors where shut at 10.30 and the safety demonstration was played in English and then French. We were off around 10.35 just 5 mins behind schedule. The inflight service began with drinks and snacks. I had a pepsi which was in a small can. Then the duty free service before rubbish during our decent over London. We landed just before 10.45, 10 mins early. Yet again no fanfare but a little announcement about there low fares and the fact they have a 90% punctuality record. Overall they just get you there on time which is really all that travel is so I would recommend them if you are on a budget or Stansted is your local airport.

Ryanair Customer review :  29 August 2014 by H Thelf    (UK)

I would never fly with them again. We were left on a plane in the heat of the Italian summer (with no air con on) whilst they fixed a 'technical issue'. We were left for 3.5 hours and we're refused a glass of water. In the end my cousin had to argue with the staff to be allowed off the plane and she went and bought bottles water for all the passengers out of her own money. No apology has ever been given!

Ryanair Customer review :  27 August 2014 by L Robertson    (UK)

We have flown Ryanair many times without problems. If you know what to expect then you wont get disappointed. However upon arriving at East Midlands airport for our flight to Tenerife South recently with plenty of time to spare we found that there were 12 flights departing at roughly the same time. 12 flights of people that needed to check in and clear security before boarding. It seems that Ryanair just bung everyone together regardless of which flight you are on, Some people were panicking as their flight was taking off soon and were stuck at check in, when asked to jump the queue were told they would have to wait like everyone else! It took us 2 hours to get through check in and clear security. Queues were snaked round the airport (although admittedly this is not Ryanair's fault!) but a better system needs put in place for Ryanair check in. We managed to get to the boarding gates just in time albeit at the end of the queue. There we were kept waiting for 20 minutes as staff now needed hand luggage to put on the hold. The staff member was very aggressive and rude to us trying to grab our bags to put in the hold, we told her that we needed the bags for inflight and one contained valuables that we wanted to keep with us. She tried to snatch my husbands backpack from his back and took my daughters small suitcase from her before I took it back. We eventually offered one bag but I had to remove everything that was needed and carry it in my hands she wouldn't even give us a carrier bag. She went up and down the last remaining passengers trying to grab peoples hand luggage but as nobody else would offer a bag she came back to us telling us she needed our bags, we refused but She wasn't having any of it and barked at us we didn't have a choice as we were at the end of the queue and if we didn't put our hand luggage in the hold we would be fined 60. Her attitude was appalling and if she'd have asked politely we may have tried our best to accommodate her request. She wouldn't let the last people through the departure gate thus holding up the flight until she had the bags But no way were we giving up our remaining (small) bags. We eventually got on the bus to the plane and on the flight, there we sat for another 20 minutes before actually taking off! It was never made clear that only the first 60 passengers were guaranteed to take their hand luggage. Yet on our return flight home everything was smooth, queues moved quickly and staff were very pleasant, helpful and polite. We packed our bags accordingly and offered our hand luggage for the hold. We fly Ryanair because it is cheap, but cheap doesn't mean but I expect to be spoken to, like dirt from someone's shoe!

Ryanair Customer review :  27 August 2014 by E Davidson    (Northern Ireland)

Just flew from Faro to Londonderry and I have to say that I was extremely surprised at the standard of flight and service provided, having never flown with Ryanair before I was more than dubious about the flight but having taken priority boarding and allocated seating I could not find fault with any of the procedures. My husband and I definitely rated it much higher than are outward journey with Easyjet so my advice is give Ryanair a chance and like me you may be totally surprised with the quality.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Perry Kieren    (UK)

FR505, Bristol UK to Dublin, IE, August 19th. With all the bad press and negative reviews about Ryanair I vowed never to fly with them. However, on balance it was better than expected. Friendly flight attendants and apologies about the slight delay on departure. There was enough leg room for my liking even being a male of average height and the aircraft was clean. The only thing I would do is remove the garish yellow. But that's a matter of taste. Ultimately exceeded my expectations so kudos to Ryanair. I think the key is to stick to the rules which have been relaxed slightly recently and you'll be just fine. Wouldn't really advise priority boarding as it was pointless with seating now being allocated.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 August 2014 by S Smyth    (UK)

I use Ryanair regularly, flying from Dublin to the Netherlands. You get what you pay for. Fast boarding, a flight with reasonable service and quickly into the terminal once the plane has arrived. The staff aren't particularly friendly and clearly look as if they are under pressure for the entire flight. Upon reaching the gate, the flight attendants have often told passengers that they only have 20 minutes to get the plane turned around and to get off quickly once the doors are opened. This often leads to a push when getting off. To avoid this, I remain seated until people have started getting off. Because of the short turn around time, it isn't unusual to find some else's rubbish in your seat pocket, however flight attendants do go round with a rubbish bag before the end of the flight, so it's caused by inconsiderate passengers, rather than the airline. Overall, if you just want to get there on time, and you are not concerned about the service, fly Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 August 2014 by D Barclay    (UK)

Flew out of Stansted to Tenerife on 10th Aug. Got to Stansted early hours of sun morning to be met by a horrendous queue of 8 or 9 different flight destinations being queued at the same 3 desks. After being in the queue for roughly 30 mins a staff member called 5 flights to a separate desk to check in, we did this which seemed to take an age. Finally we got our baggage in and we get to the gate and board the plane and were met by another massive queue through security. Ran towards the gate, had to get on a train to the gate. When we finally got to the gate the flight had gone, 10 very bemused passengers had also missed the flight. we all got directed to customer services. We were taken to the wrong desk and queued for 30 mins, then got taken to the right desk. Another huge queue. When we got to the front the staff just said next flight is Tuesday at a cost of 440. No explanation of why the flight had left early and left so many people behind. This was a horrible experience and not the start to a holiday anybody should have to go through.

Ryanair Customer review :  27 August 2014 by D Barclay    (UK)

Just got back from Tenerife. What a horrible flight, no coffee, no hot chocolate, only half the selection of hot food - no sandwiches. To top it off Ryanair ran out of toilet roll. But they had plenty of fags and booze and not forgetting the scratch cards. Never again. To be honest it shouldn't be called a budget airline either not at the price I paid.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Nick Warner    (UK)

This airline continues to show it has no interest in customer service or staff training. Only bottom line. After arriving at Stansted 3 hours before the flight was due to depart we arrived at the boarding gate during final flight call. Why? Because of the throng of people Ryanair euphemistically call a queue, attempting to check- in their bags at their bag-drops manned by the Ryanair Gestapo. It appears these rude, unhelpful staff's main training was on extracting extra cash wherever it is physically possible. To watch so many people removing items from hold bags only to add them to their cabin luggage is farcical. Or would be if it wasn't so sad. In my own case, my bag was 5kg under and my travelling partner's was nearly 1kg over. No problem you would think, there is still a net difference of -4kg. But no, as the tickets weren't booked on the same reference number we were deemed to be travelling separately. Even though we had booked seat numbers next to each other, and paid the extra, we were still flying separately according to the misery behind the counter. Ok, so it's no real effort to undo her bag, remove a few bits and put them into the bag you are going to take into the cabin with you. But multiply that with the amount of people doing the same and you soon end up with massive queues. And both bags are going onto the plane anyway! Fortunately, flying back was with EasyJet who managed the same procedure in less than 15 minutes. I know who I will always use in the future.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Chinnery    (UK)

This flight is OK. The new Ryanair is the same quality as easyjet or Norwegian. There are improvements which made the journey fine and we will fly the airline again. We got to new Stansted airport and the experience was OK. Boarding opened 1 hour before and began 40mins before. The plane departed on time and smoothly. There are no advertisements on the overhead bins and there where no scratch cards. An ok trolley came with food for sale. OK priced. Better than the airport. We landed 15mins early and no fanfare? It was a shock but fine so you don't wake up suddenly. It was a good trip with an improved service. Travelled 17/08/14, STN-LRH, 07.30.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by G Nobbs    (UK)

STN-DUB-STN; I was expecting the journey from hell on the way out, but in fairness the outward journey was far from unpleasant, however the seat wasn't brilliant, it was harder than a rock, however there wasn't much in the way of on-board advertising on the way out, and we were in Dublin on time. The return flight a few days after was quite badly delayed, we were probably in the air, about 30 minutes after we should have left Dublin. We did board, and got underway after a while, but there was the substantial delay (which went without explanation), and then they had the audacity to start flogging superfluous amounts of miscellaneous tat. After spending an hour in a queue in Dublin T1, I don't want perfume or scratch cards, I want quiet! Ryanair are perfectly okay for those who want a cheap holiday, but I would much rather pay the extra and fly with either BA or Aer Lingus from Heathrow.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by B Young    (France)

La Rochelle to Dublin. I was not expecting much and got less. First, ticket was no bargain, only flew Ryan because US friends had already booked return to France. Priority seating is a complete waste of money. By the time your in the last cattle call line it's ignored and not enforced. Seats do not recline, there are ads on the overhead bins and seat backs. Hard working crew but constantly selling everything from food, perfume, lottery tickets to charities, total chaos. I am not a picky passenger, flew 30 years non-revenue expecting little on no service. For the stress it would not be worth flying Ryanair again if the seat was free.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by D O'Hagan    (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Palma, 1/8/14, FR2326. Palma to Leeds Bradford, 8/8/14, FR2327. Having not flown for 14 years because of a fear of flying, I decided to take the plunge and book. Past reviews about Ryanair made me nervous, and my computer skills are a little rusty. However, having read the instructions my husband and I printed off our boarding passes etc without problem. I found Ryanair staff to be very courteous and understanding of my anxiety issues. I had a good flight both there and back and would use this airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by M Crowe    (UK)

Stansted to Pescara, 9th August 14, flight 982. Ryanair check in queue system totally understaffed. Waited 1.5 hours to check in our bags, and made the boarding gate with 2 minutes to spare. Many customers were arguing with the check-in staff, some crying, some paying huge additional amounts for not having printed their boarding cards in advance (rip-off prices and makes the queues even worse). Total chaos and ruins the start of your holiday.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Neil Nortcliffe    (UK)

Last flew with Ryanair 10th and 15th Aug 2014, LPL-BCN-LPL. Excellent flights both ways - an unexpected bonus was getting premium seats and priority boarding at no extra cost when we checked in online two days before flying. Cabin crew courteous and friendly and both flights, although each about 10 mins late pushing back from stand landed on time. Use Ryanair about 12 times a year and have never had a bad flight except for one (MAN-FAO, Feb 2014), which was delayed because of storms which affected all flights to Southern Europe that evening. Crew were trying to be helpful but abusive and drunken behaviour from a mixed group of twenty something's caused us to miss our revised take-off slot while the police removed them. As long as you read the website carefully and follow the booking and check-in instructions Take a bit of responsibility for your own arrangements then there shouldn't be a problem - although it never ceases to amaze me how many people forget to pack their brains when they travel.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Vicki Ridge    (UK)

9th August, FR8241. Have just come back from Mallorca having flown for the first time with Ryanair. Have to admit was very worried due to comments made about flying with this airline. We found the check in lady very pleasant and kind who made checking in our luggage very easy. The aircrew were helpful and cheerful and although we were late leaving by 30 minutes, could not have served us any better. It was very busy at Mallorca airport on our departure and we had a bit of a wait in the queue but this was because most people had not checked the weight of their luggage so were re-packing. Staff not as quick as from Bristol but once we were on the plane the cabin crew were lovely.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by N L Jones    (UK)

I flew from Bristol to Alicante and then Alicante to Bristol. I will never fly with Ryanair again, I paid 70 for my suitcase to fly out and home. Arriving in Alicante I was charged another 50 euros because they had made a mistake but was told I could claim this back when I got home. I emailed Ryanair no response from them so I rang, I was on hold for 20 minutes just for them to say my case was overweight. I was allowed 20 kilos of weight, my suitcase was 16 kilos. The food on the plane was far too expensive. 5 for a soggy sandwich! The staff service was appalling! I wouldn't recommend them.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Camagi Giacomo    (Italy)

Flew in May, BLQ-RYG (Bologna-Oslo Rygge) the plane was almost empty, there were 40-50 passengers on board, that was good because I was able to sit in the emergency exit seat without paying anything more! The flight was OK, the plane clean. The crew gave us food twice on a flight of two hours. I recommend Ryanair!

Ryanair Customer review :  21 August 2014 by K Connor    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh-Alicante. Had allocated seats so didn't see the point in queuing like a sheep. Joined the queue when there was 5 people left, got my partners bag checked into the hold free of charge due to lack of cabin space. Took our seats and our nice smooth flight was over and done with in 2hours and 40minutes as scheduled. On board there was a few hiccups, the cabin crew hadn't handed out the inflight magazine which includes the food menu and were only three aisles away from me, I asked for a book and calmly stated "you should have already handed these out!". The stewardess immediately apologised and offered me an extra 10% off perfumes, which I did not use. Also in the row behind us was three kids (in three seats with no adults), one young child proceeded to kick my partners chair rather violently, whilst the parents were relaxing with headphones on, unaware to their child's misbehaviour, again a quick word to the stewardess and an adult was moved beside the children and the mischief stopped. My only concern is I am a tall man and with having not booked extra legroom I found the flight quite uncomfortable.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 August 2014 by D Simson    (UK)

FR1448. Ryanair really can't help annoying customers can they? Now there are allocated seats, priority boarding has no real value. So what do they tell you? - "If you want to guarantee to have your hand luggage with you on the plane then you should pay for priority boarding". So in effect you are being charged for having your bag with you. I am a regular traveller so don't take hold luggage to avoid the waiting at the destination. The small bag allocation is insufficient so I rely on the hand luggage. There is a hand luggage locker for every seat on the plane, so how can they justify "first 60 only"? Ryanair shareholder please note, if there is an alternative to Ryanair then that's still the one I choose!

Ryanair Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Paul Hunt    (UK)

I fly with Ryanair about 20 times a year. They are consistently reliable and punctual. The only time they let me down was when the ash cloud happened. The prices are fantastic but you have to be flexible to get the best deals. They are not BA but you need the mind set that it is like catching a train and do not expect luxury. But it means I visit my house in Portugal regularly and often pay more for the car parking than the flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by P Lutterer    (UK)

Flying London Gatwick to Shannon in Ireland. No problems but not a cheap flight for a flight that only took an hour. Cheaper to fly to Malaga with a different low cost airline when you take into account the cost of hold luggage. Saying that we would probably use them again as we liked Shannon Airport. If you have to wait at Shannon find the brilliant viewing area on the third floor with free WiFi.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by M Wickham    (Ireland)

Flew Shannon-Poitiers-Stansted-Shannon. All flights were late leaving but made up time except for the Poitiers- Stansted leg which was delayed by 1 hour due to a passenger injury at boarding time. My only gripe is that I had booked a Shannon-Nantes flight and Hertz car hire in January. Ryanair cancelled the Nantes fight in May, offering a flight to Poitiers or money back. Transfer went very smoothly. However Hertz told me that they did not have an office in Poitiers and my only option was to cancel which I did only to be charged a 50 euro cancellation fee even though I had booked through Ryanair. Small print and all that. Ryanair flights were excellent with very friendly and helpful staff.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by J ONeill    (UK)

Took flights as a family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children Stansted to Alicante and back. First time taking hand luggage only, with Ryanair (used easyjet in May) and as Ryanair now allow your handbag too it has made the whole process much easier. I would put them above Easjet for that fact alone. Had a lovely Spanish crew on the return journey and the flight arrived slightly ahead of schedule. As others have said as long as you follow their strict rules on baggage and boarding passes there should not be a problem. I booked priority boarding for both journeys as it helps with the children to not have too long a queue and sort out seats and luggage before the plane becomes packed.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (The Netherlands)

Dortmund-Krakow RTN. Avoided Ryanair because of their aggressive policy, but decided to give them a try again. Finally Ryanair has understood that free seating leading to a scrum has had its longest time. The allocated seating for decent fees is a big improvement. Onboard only harassed once for a lottery. No constant announcements for buying this and that anymore. Leg room stays a problem though as they press 198 passengers into a Boeing 737-800. Wouldn't bear a FR-flight longer than two hours. All in all a decent experience for less than 200 euro rtn for two, including bag, priority boarding - worked well, but isn't really necessary anymore with allocated seating - and reserved seat. If you reserve a seat at the time of booking you can can check in 30 days prior to departure. Well worth the extra fee for people who complain they can't print their boarding passes while being away from home.