Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J P Murphy    (UK)

The service is abrupt and very unfriendly. People are treated like second class citizens. Our trip to Treviso was appalling. At one point it was a free for all. No better than a cattle Market. The airline is a disgrace to travel.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2013 by E Davies    (UK)

Like a conveyor belt, there is no hospitality from staff. Herded on like cattle as plane was late getting in from previous flight. What really got me was the fact we had paid to have 2 (15kg) cases in the hold, but had to have our hand luggage (Sports bag type - a mere 5-6 kilos) crammed under our legs as there was quote 'no room' in the overhead lockers because it is crammed with 10kg luggage cases. So basically we pay and get our legs cramped for over 2 hours and those who don't have priority baggage space and leg space! Must remember that next time, if there is a next time. I don't think we got acknowledged from staff at all apart from if we wanted to purchase anything.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 September 2013 by G Bakerly    (UK)

I have flown Ryanair many times but only when there is no other viable option. Other airlines go to my destination but not in the short time nor low 'fare' cost, this does not mean I dread each and every trip. Fingers crossed my next trip will just get there and that's all I want. Staff are rude and disinterested, I worry if they would cope in an urgent situation. I am not satisfied with Ryanair, it's just a matter of limited options. Overpriced cardboard sandwiches and so to the lukewarm drinks but again I know this and don't buy them.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 September 2013 by L Evans    (UK)

Flew Ryanair for the first time in July. Were not aware that reserving a seat gave you priority boarding! Had 3 seats in back row, had to board from the front! No room for hand luggage by the time we sat down, luckily staff helped out. Seats had little leg room, flight to Crete left an hour late! On return got seats with more leg room, bliss. Only real nightmare is reserving seats online outside UK. That said, fight was cheaper than other airlines, and was a new route to the west of the island, we were very pleased.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 September 2013 by H Goddard    (UK)

Travelled for the first time from Stansted to Kos return. Was dubious because of reading poor reviews but we booked extra legroom seats and measured and weighed luggage before we travelled and everything was very smooth. Plane was very clean, cabin crew very good and cheerful. Also Ryanair emailed us prior to flight to make sure we were aware of restrictions on baggage etc and also reminding us to print boarding pass. All in all a good experience.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 September 2013 by J Willis    (UK)

Having travelled very recently with Ryanair from Stansted to Dublin, I have to say I would avoid travelling with them again. We had checked in online and reserved seats but one of our party had a non-EU passport so, as directed on the boarding pass, he went to show his passport at the check in desk, only to be told that he couldn't fly to Ireland as he didn't have a visa. Would it not be sensible for a warning to come up to notify passengers of this requirement when booking the ticket, instead of someone arriving at the airport and being refused boarding! It was the attitude of the girl on the check in desk that was incredulous, she was unsympathetic and very rude. Customer care/service obviously not part of her training.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by L Speirs    (UK)

We went to Spain from 8th-16th, when we booked we had to fork out 50 for 1 suitcase so we had to share! This was the first time I have been with Ryanair and I wont be returning. We didn't have a clue that you had to rush to find a seat on the plane. Once on the flight we had to sit in seats that hadn't been cleaned. On the return, we arrived with 1 suitcase and me with 1 hand luggage, our suitcase had jumped up to 21kg so it was either pay or throw something out. In the end a towel and a pair of shoes got chucked and we ended up with only 19kg. We bought duty free, turns out it takes 1 hour to get through your gate due to the fact you have to fit all duty free in your hand luggage and your hand luggage has to be 10kg or under! I do not recommend at all!

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Felicia McArthur    (USA)

My husband and I were on a 14 day holiday and selected Ryanair to fly from Edinburgh to Dublin on September 15. I purchased tickets on August 23. In the US it customary for passengers to print their airline tickets at kiosk by simply entering their confirmation number of their itinerary. When I attempted to do the same, the kiosk requested payment of 140 pounds. My husband and I were completely stunned as we had already made payment to Ryanair for the tickets which included priority boarding and baggage fees. When I questioned the employee I was informed that I would have to pay 140 pounds in order to board the flight! We felt completely extorted by Ryanair's unscrupulous fees. After paying this fee, we were then told that we could bring on 1 carry on bag-this would include a ladies handbag. We were instructed to place our carry on in this ridiculous contraption. If the bag exceeded this Ryanair informed us that we had to pay an additional 60 pounds. I seriously caution anyone to seek alternative air transportation when considering Ryanair as their mode of transportation as it will considerably be cheaper than using the so called "low fare" airline.

Ryanair Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Elisabeth Villiger Toufexis    (Cyprus)

I cannot understand why Ryanair allows each passenger to take a carry on bag on board if there is only space for half of them in the overhead locker. The flight attendant stuffed my bag under the seat in front of me and I was very uncomfortable. I chose a nice looking brown bread sandwich from the booklet and of course it was not available. I have to say though that the flight attendants on this flight Paphos - Thessaloniki on 12 Sep 2013 were very friendly. On the way back on Sep 16, 2013 the flight was delayed and we finally boarded at 11.00 pm and of course by then I had learned my lesson and ran to the plane to get a space in the overhead locker. The female flight attendant was obviously very tired and huffed and puffed all the way to Paphos, If was very visible that she hated her job and all the pax on board. The male flight attendant drank from a water bottle, closed the toilet door with his foot and counted the money at the end of the service in the front where all passengers could see.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Steven Bouchere    (Jersey Channel Islands)

My new wife and I were on our Honeymoon in Kos Greece. We booked through Thomson who organised everything. Outbound we flew Easyjet and had no real issues, we had one small hold bag each and 1 small piece of hand luggage. We live in Jersey and do not have Ryanair there. Therefore we knew nothing about it. On the way home we were flying with Ryanair but had not heard of any of their "rules". At check we were asked for our boarding passes. As we did not have them, we got charged 70 for both. Essentially we paid 140 for two pieces of paper! Then they said we had not paid for the luggage online. We paid a further 160 to get one bag on. Then we found out that there are no allocated seats, unless you pay more money to become priority passengers. Paid a further 20 each to guarantee we sat together. We could have bought a whole new flight with a non low cost airline for that much! It was the worst travelling experience with have both had.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Noel Fay    (UK)

On the way back from Portugal at the airport realised I had no boarding passes and was told the choice was the only way to get back to London was to pay 70 euros each - 2 adults, one child, it took the seconds to print our tickets. Once we paid up I think was very bad service.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Chris Hughes    (Australia)

Flew Stansted-Rome for a short stay with friends, almost got bowled over by the rush to get off the bus and onto the plane to get seats. Then on the way back, at the Rome check-in our checked bag was determined to be too heavy even though it was exactly the same weight it had been on the way out, so we had to take items out and add them to the carry-on bag before we could check the bag in. I would only recommend Ryanair to someone who had absolutely no other way of getting to his destination.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Peter White    (Germany)

I travel with them several times a year. I fly between England and Germany. This year I have travelled with them 4 times. After arriving at Bremen airport today, my partner and I entered the queue to hand over her luggage. We had paid an additional 30 EUR the night before in order for her to take one piece of 15kg luggage, as it is not included in the Ryanair booking price. My partner was flying to Stansted which is about 40 Miles north of London. After 5 minutes of standing in the queue, the Ryanair person working at the desk disappeared and was talking to her friend at the hand luggage and boarding card control desk. I went over and asked her why she was not manning the desk any more and she said "because I only take luggage 40 minutes before take-off". When I said "but we were waiting there and you closed the desk without even telling us", she then lost her patience and got really rude. Subsequently we paid the 60 euros. They call themselves a "no-frills airline" but in effect, they are indeed an uncaring "no-service airline". I would give them one star out of 10 for their airport staff. I will not be flying with them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 September 2013 by J Haldenby    (UK)

First time user of Ryanair so to be on the safe side booked seats and got priority boarding. We were very surprised at how smoothly everything went. Coming back from Palma it was obvious the people in front of us had used Ryanair before. They were a couple with two children and had put a large bag on the floor with coats on top and got the youngest child to lay on it. The father had another large bag over his shoulder. The Ryanair staff were walking down the line as we were waiting to board with a box the size of what suitcases were allowed a shand luggage but I never saw them check against anybody's luggage. Some of the so called hand luggage was almost as big as my hold suitcase. After we all boarded a young couple squashed into the extra legroom pretending to let people pass by then were amazed that there was no seats left together so they ended up sitting there. We the ignorant passengers had to pay for our extra leg room.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 September 2013 by F Radman    (Australia)

Nothing cheap about Ryanair, make a mistake and they make you pay dearly. My family of four missed the flight Stansted to Trieste by being held up by immigration and security, rebook flight next day 440 penalty, original cost was 220 return flight so do the maths. Being a first time traveller with Ryanair we are from Australia. Ryanair is an experience you don't want to do to often.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 September 2013 by J Riley    (UK)

Just got back with Ryanair from Spain and not had this problem before but thought I will share what mistake I made. I got a100 charge for baggage on return as I did not pay for both ways, new one for me as I have always used the same way to book my Ryanair flights and never had this before? I suggest you all look at an alternative flight company, as Ryanair yet again stoop lower than a snakes belly to catch even the most loyal of their customers out. I will most definitely not use Ryanair again.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 September 2013 by J Bel    (UK)

Manchester - Palma. Paid for extra leg room which came with priority boarding. Well worth the 15 each way to not stand in the queue to board or worry about not being sat together. The seats are very narrow and each seat is separated by an immovable board so you can not straddle empty seats. Can not understand the reviews of people complaining about getting charged for not having their boarding pass. Ryanair email a week before to tell you that you must check in online. No excuse in the world will get you out of this but you are told by email. They also email you the day before the flight with the hand baggage measurements so no excuses there either. Where they do let themselves down is when the flights are delayed, they offered no information whatsoever and there was a four hour wait of everyone staring at the screens. Planes are also often dirty due to them not being cleaned in the short turn around time. As long as you're flying to a proper airport and not a satellite (and end up paying for train/taxi/bus to get 60 miles+ to where you wanted to go!) one then they tend to be the cheapest by a long way as long as you play by the rules. For a 2 hour flight I can get over the lack of service and the slightly uncomfortable seating. Even booking extra leg room they were still 150 quid cheaper than anybody else for return flights.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 September 2013 by H Bowen    (UK)

Ryanair use very small airports Dusseldorf Weez is not anywhere near Dusseldorf (90 km) and public transport is not easily available - very easy to be stranded. Outgoing flight OK, return flight airport staff very poor and continuously checking hand luggage for size and weight obviously trying to increase revenue. Flight staff unhelpful and only interested in additional sales booking in very difficult to get right and easy to fall into Ryanair penalties. Consider other airlines before you use this company.

Ryanair Customer review :  12 September 2013 by J Pays    (UK)

I am new to Ryanair and booked a return flights for a 17 day holiday in Spain. When printing out the boarding pass (which is compulsory) I find that I can only print out the outbound boarding pass and not the return because of the 15 day advance booking in rule (not an Issue with Easyjet). When I asked the Customer services if Ryanair can print the boarding pass for me at Alicante Airport I was told this would cost 70 which is more than the flight cost. I have no access to a PC and printer at my destination so not sure how I will get back. This is the last time I fly with Ryanair.