Ryanair Passenger Reviews and Ryanair Customer Trip Reports

Ryanair Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Marc Steegen    (Belgium)

Brussels-Charleroi-Marseille return Feb 4 and Feb 11 2014. A 1.5 hours flight, arrival and departure right on time, friendly staff, smooth flights, 10 kg free hand luggage, an assigned seat, quick connections to the cities, I fly Ryanair a dozen times a year, never encountered any trouble whatsoever. Print your boarding pass, keep luggage to a minimum and enjoy your flight. It's beyond my comprehension why people complain about Ryanair.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 February 2014 by J Collier    (UK)

Booked my first (and last) Ryanair flight from Edinburgh to Dublin because it was a great price: £15 each way! But as I heard from everyone, they always try to get you with fees. I wasn't able to check in online beforehand, so I tried to explain my problem when I got to the airport two hours before the flight. They told me I couldn't fly unless I paid £70 to print off my boarding pass. There's no way I'm paying £70 for a £15 ticket. No other airline has such ridiculous charges. Steer clear.

Ryanair Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Mikhael de Souza    (Switzerland)

Barcelona - Las Palmas, Feb 14, return Feb 18. Saying goes "you get what you pay for", with Ryanair, you get less. Went for a weekend to rest, and came back exhausted, mainly due to a very uncomfortable flight. Advertisements everywhere, stressed out staff, plastic seats that won't recline.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 February 2014 by N Holliday    (UK)

6 February from Newcastle to Dublin. My daughter has just returned to her home in Ireland after visiting for a few days with her baby daughter. Why is it beyond staff to help a lady down the stairs with a bag and buggy. She asked for help at Newcastle and no one, not even passengers offered to help her down the flight of stairs. There were ground staff standing around and still could not help. The staff checking the tickets were very offhand with her.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 February 2014 by K Burchell    (UK)

February 2014 flights to and from Bristol and Lanzarote. Seats already allocated, so no mad rush across the tarmac and both flights on time or nearly so. Not particularly great value as I couldn't book until late on but that's way it goes. Otherwise Ryanair got us there and back, as per the deal.

Ryanair Customer review :  15 February 2014 by Matthew Anogeianakis    (UK)

Manchester T3 to Rzeszów, (FR3202), 28 Jan 2014. Rzeszów to Manchester T3, (FR3203), 8 Feb 2014. Recently used Ryanair for skiing holiday. Fantastic airline, lowest fares in the market, punctual, recent improvements ie allocated seating, no announcements after 9pm, dimmed lights made my trip smooth. Cabin crew very friendly. Both inbound and outbound flights landed 20 minutes earlier.

Ryanair Customer review :  13 February 2014 by J Ashton    (UK)

Becoming a fan of Ryanair! Have to be honest we avoided them for so long but on the flights we have taken recently they cannot be faulted. On time, in fact early on both times. Fantastic prices to and from Tenerife, great service onboard. The time had come that there is very little difference between Monarch who we have used for years to fly to Tenerife except that you pay about 60% more and their flights are often delayed. Keep the improvement going and focus on Customer Service and you will have won 2 new customers. Looking forward to having the boarding pass on the phone which I understand is coming later in the year.

Ryanair Customer review :  11 February 2014 by Michael Mulholland    (UK)

I have just (a) checked in my wife for a flight to Dublin next week and (b) seen the comment that you can't check in more than 7 days in advance without paying. When I checked my wife in, she was automatically offered check in for the return flight (with allocated seat) even though that is more than 7 days in advance. Be warned though, in common with Jet2 and other airlines, she did find that seat she was allocated was a middle one. As ever, you get what you pay for.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by H Mason    (UK)

After years of refusing to use Ryanair, due to time/date constraints I had to book a flight with them today. I've also heard and did notice that they've removed ridiculous charges (for paying on line etc). However, I've just noticed that I can only check in online 7 days before the flights unless I buy a pre-allocated seat. Because of my flight times, this means I will have to find a place to print out my boarding pass while away. So yes, it's an improvement that people can pre book seats but they have reduced the online check in time from 15 days to 7 if you don't pre book and pay for the seats. This will be the last time I book with them - I've not even flown yet.

Ryanair Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Jak Law    (UK)

I have flown many times with Ryanair from both London Stansted and East Midlands to Valencia, and never once have I had cause to complain, all but two flights out of around 90 have been on time and those that were late were only around 20 mins late. The cabin crew have always been polite and smiling. This is a budget airline a point many miserable individuals seem to forget. You get what you pay for, that said they need to scrap the allocated seating, it doesn't work and is a real pain.

Ryanair Customer review :  7 February 2014 by T Jackson    (UK)

Have flown MAN - DUB - MAN/LBA bi-monthly with Ryanair, and have been very impressed every single time. First of all, a flight 2 weeks in advance from the booking date for £9.99 one way can not be denied, this is a brilliant price for an on-time flight on a virtually brand new 737-800. The one gripe I'd have is the allocated seating (something that most airlines use effectively). As a frequent FR traveller, I pick the same seat every time, unfortunately the common sense of booking and then finding your seat seems to have evaded some people, as it turned into some chaos - so I'd advise to still get on the aircraft towards the front. Other than that, I'm extremely happy to fly Ryanair again and again, as the on-time, no-frills, cheap flights will always be too good to turn down! Follow the rules, and you will certainly enjoy your flight.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 February 2014 by T Roberson    (UK)

Me, my husband and our disabled son went to Tenerife for Christmas. Going there was fine from Liverpool, on our return we went to check in, they had our names on the check in but we hadn't printed our return tickets. We were there 3.5 hrs before our flight they said we couldn't print them off, they sent us back and forth. We paid £70 each, then when we were getting on the plane the staff told us they couldn't help us with the wheelchair as they can only help 4 passengers. My husband and I had to carry our son down 4 flights off metal outside stairs. When we got to the plane there was no one there to take the chair off us, I had to go under the plane myself and give it to the baggage handler.

Ryanair Customer review :  4 February 2014 by N Holdsworth    (UK)

First experience of Ryanair's new self proclaimed 'industry leading customer service'. Stansted to Tampere out 31st Jan, return 3rd Feb. The allocated seating (on the return leg) was a big improvement. The seats are still bolt upright, but at 6ft 3 I've never found the legroom to be that bad. This leaves us with the migrane inducing yellow, the bright cabin lights, and the constant procession of scratchcard sales and frankly annoying announcements about the still overpriced microwave food to moan about. They seem to have at least stopped the irritating soft drink adverts on replay. I guess Ryanair are an option if they are flying where you want to actually go, but my own conclusion - as a relatively frequent flyer - is that there is no point in saving a little bit of money if it costs you a lot of time and hassle, which on this trip it still did.

Ryanair Customer review :  3 February 2014 by K Dryden    (UK)

As we don't like the free-for-all mess at the airport, we booked Priority Tickets and reserved seats to Fuerteventura on 7 Jan 2014. All went well on flight over and as promised, the flight was actually a bit early. On dep, however, we arrived at Fuerteventura airport to be informed that we check in at desks 20-22. We stood in queue for desk 22 and after 10 minutes, one check in clerk sat in at desk 22. After 10 minutes she spent some time on the phone and several people moved from the other 2 queues to 22. Eventually after another 10 mins another clerk opened desk 20 and we moved over there. No priority check in just free for all. The flight was called one hour before time and we were all herded like sheep to our gate to watch the previous passengers getting off our flight! There was no allowance for priority passengers and we were all herded in together. What is the point of extolling extra cash from us for Priority booking if we don't get any value for it?

Ryanair Customer review :  3 February 2014 by William Chalmers    (UK)

Flew Edinburgh to Alicante and return - flights both ways were punctual and there was a nice holiday atmosphere on board. Boarding was a bit slow on both sectors but once on board there were no delays. Cabin service was friendly and attentive - prices a bit of a rip off, but the price the of tickets more than compensates. We travelled with hold luggage and golf clubs - luggage was delivered punctually at both ends. Given the excellent value for money I can't fault Ryanair and will certainly use them again.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 January 2014 by D Sivell    (UK)

October 13, Luton to Beziers in France return. Jan 14, Stansted to Vasteras in Sweden, return Skavsta Sweden to Stansted. Have had a couple of trips with Ryanair in last 6 months and have had no problems. The cost is so low that you have to expect service is going to be a little less than a national operator but me and my family had no complaints. Staff did their job and some were very nice, yes I was worried that ticket bar codes would read OK as I didn't want to have to pay £70 extra for each ticket to be printed at airport. Just follow Ryanair rules, double check your details and you should be OK. I took all my 5 grown up children away for the price of a single ticket on a national operator. Also Ryanair planes are all very new under 5 years old so safety should be good.

Ryanair Customer review :  21 January 2014 by P Hurley    (Ireland)

I flew with Ryanair on 16th Jan 2014 and returned 20th Jan to London Gatwick from Cork. I must say from start to finish I found the staff excellent, helpful and courteous. I had 2 very pleasant flights - no problem whatsoever.

Ryanair Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Pat Walkden    (UK)

Been flying from London Stansted to Murcia for a few years now and I must say that if you comply with all their rules everything should be fine we have not had any trouble always on time staff nearly always friendly enough flight number FR8027 and FR8028.

Ryanair Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Linda Rollinson    (UK)

I can not fault Ryanair, I use them a lot and, will keep on doing so. The biggest issue most of the people in the North West have is: there are no other airports in the North of the country that fly direct to Lamezia or nearby, Blackpool would be fantastic, Man, or Liverpool. Come on Ryanair, what's the problem, give the customers what they want, one a week would be great.

Ryanair Customer review :  16 January 2014 by D Lewis    (UK)

Bristol-Alicante, FR8297, 2-6/10/13. Long weekend in Benidorm, flew out with Easyjet and because of the time back, with Ryanair. The free for all at the gate will stay long in the memory It was a very unpleasant end to the trip, and we all vowed never to use this airline again.

Ryanair Customer review :  14 January 2014 by G McGill    (UK)

Regularly fly with Ryanair from Dublin to France and it works wonderfully. Listen to a lot of people complaining about the airline and really cannot understand why. Staff are usually pleasant, although there is always the exception to the rule. It's always on time, boarding and exiting is always efficient. Without this airline we and many others could not fly as often.