PAGE loading ... please wait!

RwandAir Passenger Reviews and RwandAir Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your RwandAir Review

No RwandAir Star Ranking

RwandAir
5.2 out of 10  5.2 out of 10

RwandAir Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Louis van Niekerk    (Saudi Arabia)

Dubai - Johannesburg - Dubai, 10 and 24 Jan. Was initially very apprehensive, but was pleasantly surprised. Legroom excellent. Airport staff more than friendly, even stamped our passports so we could enter the country during our 8 hour stopover. Will definitely use again if possible!

RwandAir Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Ossi Vuorenmaa    (Finland)

Flew Kigali-Mombasa with RwandaAir 3rd Dec 2013. Booked online which was hassle free. No online check-in though. The plane was modern 737-800, American cockpit crew, local cabin staff. Leather seats with good legroom. Despite short flight (1.5hrs) they managed to serve hot meal. Professional and friendly cabin crew. Overhead screens displaying flight tracking only. The plane was half empty which partly explains the efficient service. 45mins delay on departure, 30mins on arrival. Bags were waiting on belt when clearing immigration. Surprisingly good experience flying with RwandaAir.

RwandAir Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Mschana Mwafrica    (South Africa)

WB100. When I work in Nairobi and needed to travel to Kigali for meetings, I would take this airline and I have not experienced anything so bad in the past. However a few months ago when I decided to fly it back to South Africa after a meeting in Kigali, I was shocked by my experience. I normally take South African Airways on that route but this time, the flight was not available and therefore booked Rwandair. The airport seemed very busy - like a market place with women talking at the top of their voices to other women right next to them. When it came to boarding, there was a mad scramble to get through the gate and onto the plan. It was not organized at all. When we got into the plane, the captain spoke to us for a brief moment and that was it until landing time. In the air, they served dinner immediately after take off with no snacks prior to dinner. They also didn't seem organized as the person serving drinks served kids first and the one who came with the dinner forgot to serve some children and their poor mother had to walk to the front to get her children food and walk all the way to the back to her children holding 2 trays of hot food while trying to balance as she walked. On landing, passengers only knew it was landing time as the lights were switched off and the captain then announced we were landing and told crew to take their seats. On landing the plane seemed to bounce of the tarmac and lean to the right before it finally settled on the tarmac but the Captain kept braking suddenly on the taxi to the gate. This seemed strange to me and all the while the Captain did not explain anything to us about the landing or the breaking. I'm not sure I would want to take this airline again to Johannesburg in the near future.

RwandAir Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Wayne Press    (Australia)

Travelled J'burg to Kigali and Kigali to JRO in July. Both flights left and landed on time. Check in was efficient and in flight service was above my expectation. Aircraft were clean and comfortable with plenty of legroom. A very pleasant experience and highly recommended.

RwandAir Customer review :  19 April 2013 by L Murguia    (USA)

I had purchased a flight from Nairobi to Jo'burg in November of 2012 for a trip I took the first week of April. Apparently, when I was trying to catch my connecting flight to Kigali I was informed that my flight had changed completely. And I'm not referring to a minor change in time, but completely. I guess when RwandAir made the changed they forgot to put me on the new flights. They had informed me that I wouldn't be able to catch my connecting flight until the following day. Instead they put me on another flight with a different airline. I had to wait for 11 hours at the airport. Additionally, my return flight was changed as well, which included another long wait for my connecting flight. I also had to change another flight because of this. RwandAir caused me to waste time waiting, money to change my flight, and sleep. I don't want to punish the courteous flight attendants as they were great, but I would be careful with booking with RwandAir.

RwandAir Customer review :  5 March 2013 by Dave Capstick    (South Africa)

Excellent flight late last year from Jo'burg to Kigali return. New plane top class friendly staff very professional. Will definitely use them again when required.

RwandAir Customer review :  15 January 2013 by P Schulz    (Australia)

Two flights in January 2013, JRO - KGL (via Mombasa) in their brand-new CRJ900 NextGen (less than two months old at the time) and KGL - NBO (ageing B737-500). All flights departed on schedule and food and beverages were included, ranging from hot breakfast for the one hour flight to Nairobi to a packet of cashew nuts for JRO - Mombasa. Crew courteous and professional, planes appear to be in excellent shape. The final landing in NBO was a bit rough but no complaints otherwise. The only downside was that the flight times had been changed a couple of times between booking and the actual flight. Apparently, this is quite normal but flight times have been pushed from mid-morning to early morning, then late afternoon before back to mid- morning and finally to mid-evening, where they remained. Mind you there were 7 months between booking and the flights so this might be normal, however we left plenty of time in our planning to account for those changes.

RwandAir Customer review :  16 November 2012 by Glisson Niekerk    (Dubai)

WB300, KGL to DBX, 14 November 2012. My boarding time was at 11.15, nothing had happened by 12.15 so I started to get a bit nervous, inquired with airport representatives who was sitting at the boarding gate. They said they don't know what was happening and would check. I found that to be quite unprofessional, they should have known there were complications. They came back 30 mins later to advise us that they apologize for the delay and will advise accordingly. Flight left after 3.00 that morning. I really think Rwandair team in Kigali needs to be trained accordingly. Its just good manners to keep your passengers informed on things like this.

RwandAir customer review :  9 November 2012 by M Collie   (Ireland)

Outbound KGL to MBA in a newish 738 was fine, with a hot lunch served on this sub 2 hour flight. Adequate leg room and friendly and competent cabin staff. Arrived at MBA airport for return flight, to find that the flight had re-scheduled for 12 hours later. I chose not to wait, as I had commitments in Kigali, and flew back, at considerable expense, with another airline via NBO.

RwandAir customer review :  15 May 2012 by Roy Peter Lumb   (UAE)

Flew last week from Dubai to Mombasa return. Not sure what to expect as this was my first flight with RwandAir however I was pleasantly surprised. Nice aircraft, friendly cabin crew, good service and comfortable seats. Price was excellent and it was the only direct flight from Dubai to Mombasa so saved me lots of valuable time.

RwandAir customer review :  13 July 2011 by Alex Lockwood   (UK)

Kigali-Johannesburg. We were 45 mins late departing Kigali with no explanation but arrived in Jo'burg at the scheduled time. Clean aircraft, very smooth flight, professional and very friendly crew, Rwandan 'Primus' beer served on board with a tasty meal. Like most African continental airlines expensive compared to what we are used to in Europe but otherwise very good. Recommended for convenient and safe travel throughout the region.

RwandAir customer review :  28 June 2011 by Marie Mainil   (USA)

I recently travelled with Kenya Airways/Rwandair through one ticket that I had booked as a package through Kenya Airways. Problems happened: overbooking both ways (Kenya), making me board Rwandair without boarding pass, baggage not delivered when Rwandair received it the very same night I arrived. While Kenya Airways has been co-operative in a settlement and is taking steps to help with the necessary paper work for the insurance, Rwandair has been most uncooperative, never responding to my messages and when I physically showed up at the office, they plainly contradicted their own report in front of us. Results: Financial loss on my side and problems with the insurance.

RwandAir customer review :  4 April 2011 by A Pedersen   (Denmark)

Bujumbura-Kigali-Bujumbura, Dash 8-100. Both flights on time, safety and organisation appear to be high. Good service onboard despite flight duration is only 40 minutes: snacks, 4 different juices, sodas. Good information on board and luggage delivered in 5 minutes upon passing immigration.

RwandAir customer review :  6 July 2010 by M Mukundan   (Australia)

These guys nearly spoilt our trip. On arrival in Jo'burg, we were to board Rwanda Air to Kigali. There were no signs of any check in counters. So after an hour of rushing between terminals, we finally contacted someone at Rwanda Air who had said the flight was cancelled. He was not even apologetic for not telling us beforehand. I would be very careful if booking with them.

RwandAir customer review :  22 April 2010 by Jonathan Beard   (Canada)

Nairobi to Kigali return. Excellent service on both legs. The e-ticketing system is still in process so bring your ticket number as well as the booking reference with you to the airport in Nairobi. I would gladly fly this airline again.

RWANDAIR EXPRESS review : 23 June 2008 : by Tim Costello

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

I was due to fly from Kigali to Entebbe and had made a reservation months beforehand. I reconfirmed by e-mail about a month before the flight and two days before the flight telephoned to Rwandair in Kigali to make sure that the reservation was still valid. I was told that it was and the agent mentioned my first name which I had not given her on the telephone. When I turned up at the airport I was told that my reservation had been cancelled and no reason was given. Four or five other passengers were in the same position. We all waited to see if there were no-shows but there weren't. I would say that Rwandair, which could not be booked through Opodo, Travelocity or Expedia, is to be avoided.

Rwandair Express review - by Mark Hereward

20 March 2007

Rwandair Express Johannesburg - Kigali on an MD-80, business class. Really not a bad flight - we were about 1/2 an hour late boarding with no announcements, but after that it was fine: a reasonable little meal and nice wine. We had a touch-down in Bujumbura, so there was rather a lot of taking off and landing, but reasonably quiet and comfortable flight. My bags were lost in a connection a Johnannesburg (as always), and so it was the usual long process of waiting for the bags not to appear, waiting to fill out forms, and then waiting three days, but the bags eventually found me!

Rwandair Express review - by Steven Geerling

20 November 2006

Nairobi – Kigali and Kigali – Entebbe. The NBO-KGL flight on a MD-82 that showed little signs of its age. Aircraft pretty clean, seat pitch acceptable and no problem with understanding the public announcements which I have experienced differently on other airlines in the region. Safety demonstration okay although I wonder if the life jacket should have been shown as the flight was passing right over Victoria Lake. Flight left almost on time for the 70 minutes flight. Snack (sandwiches, fruit salad, muffin) served on board. Quality was okay for the length of the flight. Alcohol served free of charge. Professional and hard working crew (partly western) doing their job with a smile. Arrival and immigration procedures at KGL were efficient. KGL – EBB on a DHC8 previously operated by a Ethiopian carrier. Aircraft was clean. Only the seats were a bit older. Flight left even before scheduled departure time. Once again a professional crew, serving drinks and peanuts on the fifty minutes flight. Amusing to see the cabin crew member performing the usual pre-landing announcement and checking a newspaper at the same time. Staff at the airline city office in Kigali very helpful when I had to reschedule due to serious family circumstances back home.