Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES customer review :  3 November 2010 by Harold Bush   (UK)

LHR-AMM-LHR in Economy on new A330 - flight was on time, service excellent and food was tasty. Flight back was very different - we left the gate on time but 40 mins late to depart. My partner and I had reserved seats together which was confirmed by Royal Jordanian in Amman but on check in we were given seats apart. No explanation was given by Royal Jordanian as to why the seats were changed (there was no aircraft change). Staff in the nice Crown lounge (which we used as we both have BA Exec Club Gold card) tried to help and were apologetic, but they could not do anything as flight was full. Food good on flight but flight attendants were not as friendly as on outbound flight.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES customer review :  1 August 2010 by Steve Flint   (UK)

Benghazi-Amman on new E75 regional jet. 1x2 seating in business, with leather seats similar to US Domestic First, but better service. On this 2 hr flight we had a choice of 3 hot meals on proper plates. Arrival into Amman, remote stand and bussing - business pax were taken by a bus to the terminal. Five minutes later I was landside.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES customer review :  27 July 2010 by P van Hoolwerff   (Netherlands)

Hong Kong to Amman (via Bangkok ) to Amsterdam. First leg in a refurbished A330-200. Good seats in economy, good personal entertainment system. Crew nice and polite. Food outstanding. Second leg alright in A321. Amman airport is worn down but brings no hassle. For only 350 Euro I was satisfied.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES customer review :  25 July 2010 by Liam Moulton   (UK)

HKG-AMM-LHR, both legs on a new A330. The plane was clean, the food was excellent and the cabin crew were polite. There are two areas I would earmark for improvement. The first is the choice of movies & entertainment. Secondly a snack box on the galley would have been a pleasant addition to the flight, especially the first leg, which took over nine hours.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES customer review :  30 June 2010 by B Kühn   (Germany)

MUC-AMM, AMM-FRA. A319 on both legs, good but not excellent legroom. Ordered veg-food for my wife and myself which was provided. IFE is both, standard and AVOD with a decent choice of movies and music, but not as wide as with the Gulf carriers. Quality of image on video and sound is poor, ear-plugs are not good. FAs friendly and efficient, both flights on time. On return flight used their web check-in, which was a joke, as we were given boarding passes again, also no possibility to change seat while checking-in online. A hassle is the airport in AMM where you have to show Your passport and boarding pass thrice before boarding, but hopefully this will be better with the new terminal once in operation. AMM Airport is undergoing reconstruction with a new terminal building, so bussed to and from plane on both legs.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES customer review :  7 June 2010 by Jonathan Harrison   (Bahrain)

DTW-AMM, check-in went smoothly, but boarding was chaotic. Flight Attendants friendly and helpful, and food was delicious. The in-flight entertainment was adequate, not great though. My first complaint would be that there were lots of kids on-board and they were pushing the attendant buttons constantly, which got really annoying. My second complaint would be that my seat was a little cramped. If you like to sleep on planes do not take RJ.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  17 May 2010 by K Streeter   (France)

CDG-AMM Y class A320. Check in was good, inflight service excellent and AVOD great, although the earplugs good do with some upgrading. Meal excellent, choice of drinks, 3 meal choices. Much better than AF.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  20 April 2010 by S Gentry   (USA)

JFK check-in was horrible. Check-in reps unfriendly and annoyed by questions asked. Boarding ticket reflected gate that was incorrect. The food was horrendous, they allow children to run up and down aisles during the flight - a lot of children. They allowed passengers to get up and take their luggage from overhead bins as the plane was taxing down runway. At Amman airport people unfriendly and not helpful directing you through numerous counters you need to visit (visa, exchange counter to buy visa, to their "custom" counter", back through security, and on to luggage). I guess you get what you pay for.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  18 March 2010 by Joseph Wagner   (Jordan)

AMM-BKK-KUL. In-flight entertainment system is woeful, not what you expected from the money. The flight was boring due to that.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  17 March 2010 by Paul Hillier   (Australia)

Tel Aviv to Amman and Amman to Bangkok. First flight only 35 mins and in a modern Airbus. Landed and parked a long way from terminal, bussed to terminal in pouring rain, not ideal. Amman to Bangkok an ageing Airbus, reasonably well appointed but entertainment system very limited, only 5 radio/music channels and a cabin displayed film. Flight smooth and uneventful, managed to get good rest. Cabin crew responsive and cheerful, food basic but edible. Overall not too bad, but for a One World group airline expected better - there are many other options into and out of middle east that might now consider.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  28 February 2010 by Hirofumi Suda   (Japan)

AMM-DXB on RJ because of the unbeatable price of USD 150 one-way, which was about the same or cheaper than Gulf low-cost careers. New A321 had AVOD on every seat, with good selection of films. Food was good - choice of 3 selections on 3hr flight. Service could have been better specially from the Arabic female crew.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  28 December 2009 by R Kuldmets   (Ireland)

LHR-BKK return. London to Amman flight was pretty good. Food ok and inflight entertainment fair. Amman to Bangkok total disaster. Crew didnt seem to care about anybody. About 6 hours into the flight the crew were sleeping and it took them 10 min to come and serve a glass of water. One of the toilets didn't work. Amman airport security was rude and unhelpful. Never fly with them again.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  24 December 2009 by S Mueller   (Austria)

VIE-AMM-BEY, full plane. Clean cabin with fair service. Could choose between 2 meals. Food was good and some nice Jordanian wine was offered. The problem starts when you arrive. Royal Jordanian seem to be experts in losing bags. This is the second time it happened to me, although there was plenty of time for the connection flight. Of course Royal Jordanian doesn't offer any compensation if the bags come later or never show up again. This is unacceptable for any other airline and should be changed.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  1 December 2009 by J Clark   (UK)

Traveled Aqaba-Amman-Heathrow, booking exit row seating on both flights. Food was good with plenty of choice for what to drink. Aqaba airport is badly equipped and I don't think £7/litre for Perrier is good value. The staff there were clueless. Amman airport is coming along nicely and should be very pleasant when finished. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  30 November 2009 : by R Messina   (USA)

Business Class JFK-AMM-TLV, returning Aqaba AMM-JFK. All flights on time, transatlantic A340 had PTV screens with an adequate selection of entertainment. The service was very friendly, and there was a flight attendant walking through the cabin at all times. There was a varied selection of food, snacks and drinks. The legroom between seats, 83", was amazing and the lie flat bed was comfortable. The change of planes in Amman was easy - it's a very small airport. The overall experience was superior to any I have had with domestic airlines in the USA, better than European carriers I have flown, and almost as good as Asian airlines. I would not hesitate to recommend Royal Jordanian Airlines.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  8 September 2009 : by F Abu Manneh   (Jordan)

Comfortable seats, friendly staff and large variety of food and drink. The planes used on North American routes are quite old and no AVOD which means being forced to watch one of 5 movies being played over and over. AVOD is available on the smaller A320s on shorter European routes. The same privileges are not available in economy - seating not that comfortable with little legroom but standard of food is ok. On the plus side, they serve some form of snack on the ultra short routes to Beirut and Larnaca which usually don't exceed 50 minutes. Most problems other passengers have faced seem to be with connecting flights on RJ which I cant say I have experienced.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  13 July 2009 : by C Smith   (New Zealand)

BKK-AMM, AMM-IST. Good meals, clean and modern interiors (A310 BKK-AMM was recently refurbished but it's 20 years old). Embraer 190 from AMM-IST was surprisingly spacious for a smaller aircraft, and this was the first time in years that I've had full meal service (as opposed to a plastic-wrap sandwich) on a two hour flight. No lost bags or anything. And I saw nothing wrong with Amman airport.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  29 June 2009 : by Anne Perry   (Cyprus)

Cyprus-Amman-Bangkok return. Usually use Emirates but RJ €600 cheaper so decided to try them. All flights were on time, staff polite, food quite good, with a choice. Have now booked for 2010 and been able to reserve extra leg-room seats at no extra cost. I booked through their office in Nicosia and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  17 June 2009 : by J Chadderton   (UK)

I have travelled with RJ 8 times, each time the standard of customer service has been awful. The staff appear to be untrained and struggle with basic procedures and are rude as a rule. Luggage has gone missing so many times now that when I have no other option but to fly with RJ I will only take a carry on bag. Just as a point of interest, if they lose your bag, which they seem to be very good at, do not accept any offer they make regarding compensation (once the decide to answer your e mails, phone calls, letters etc) but hand the matter to a solicitor. I did, and after 2 years I eventually received an out of court settlement which covered the loss together with a hefty legal bill that was paid by the airline!

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  14 June 2009 : by S Surayara

Trip Rating : 0/10

ORD-AMM-BEY return. Checking in at ORD is extremely slow and they are unable to use their own system as they were unable to figure out how to check our bags through to our final destination in Beirut. We were traveling with a 2 and 5 year old and were not allowed to bring on an airline approved car seat even though we purchased a seat for our 2 year old. Cabin was old and smelled very strange. Cabin staff was a mix of pleasant and extremely rude attendants. During a 12 hour flight from Ord-Amm the staff was rarely seen. Right after takeoff they served dinner and they were not seen again until 1 our before landing. They just disappeared for about 10 hours. They even told another passenger who was speaking amongst themselves in the last passenger row of the plane that they had to be quiet because the crew was sleeping in their rest seats. When returning from Beirut we got to the airport 3 hours early. We only had a 1 hour connect time in Amm and asked Bey staff for tickets. After 2 hours they said they can't figure it out how to check us in for the Amm-Ord tickets but assured us to just get them at the transit desk in Amm. Once we arrived in Amm we had 50 minutes before departure. They had not even boarded the flight and we were told we would not be boarded. They told us they close the flight 1 hour before departure and we should have gotten the tickets in Bey. After explaining we tried but Beirut was unable to figure it out, they didn't care. No customer service. The supervisor would stand in front of us and just lie! Worst of all, the flight was half empty and our luggage and stroller was boarded to Ord and we were left in Amm for 2 days with no change of clothes and put at a dump of an airport hotel. We will never fly them again.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  3 June 2009 : by D Mueller

Trip Rating : 0/10

Do Not Fly Royal Jordanian. They are rude and do not care about customer service. I was travelling to Bahrain with three young children. Missed our flight in Chicago because of connecting delay - RJ's response was that it was not their fault, their offer was to send us on our way 2 nights later, with another night in Amman (no guarantee of hotel vouchers). Three nights in an airport are not a viable option with three young children. Now, our 8 pieces of luggage apparently did not miss our flight - five have appeared in Bahrain, via RJ, but they say it is not their fault. It took me 4 days, 3 nights and two sets of tickets (4 people) to make it to Bahrain and it looks like three suitcases full of clothing.You get what you pay for. Buyer be aware.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  13 May 2009 : by Sal Hasan

Trip Rating : 2/10

I am a Jordanian living in the USA. I travelled on Royal Jordanian the past 30 years many times and these are some of the worst nightmares me and my family experienced with this airlines. Flew from LAX to JFK to find out that we had no reservation to Amman on Royal Jordanian except for our three year old child even though we all had confirmed reservation and tickets. Outcome had to pay $600.00 to go to Chicago next day and take Royal Jordanian to Amman and arrived there with no luggage. Royal Jordanian deliver3d the luggage a week later with half of its content missing, RJ did not address this issue or return our calls to this date. Amman to JFK. in Amman mechanical trouble ,two hours later we were sent to Alia hotel, two persons to the room (me and a stranger!). Three hours later at the hotel around midnight we were told to get ready to go to the airport only to wait six more hours there for the flight. When we arrived at JFK almost 12 hours delay we were sent to a motel ,again two strangers to each room! Amman To Chicago. I arrived at Amman to find out my seats have been changed and the female employee there told me if I argued with her about the seat she would have me arrested! I now give all my business to Delta so dont have Royal Jordanian nightmares any more.

ROYAL JORDANIAN AIRLINES review :  11 May 2009 : by P Salti

Trip Rating : 6/10

London-Amman. I have to take issue with RJs safety procedures. On this flight an off duty crew member in uniform was sitting in an emergency exit seat when he took down a large case from the overhead locker and put it in front of him. When I remonstrated with a member of the crew she asked him to remove it and he asked who had complained and she told him, so we had a short conversation about safety. This is the nth time this has happened. Also people seem to be allowed to get up and empty the overhead locker before the aircraft has hardly left the runway.

1 2 3 4 5 6