Royal Brunei Airlines Customer Reviews and Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Cox Susan (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to London Return, on their new Dreamliner plane. Flew Economy. Plenty of room and very comfortable. Excellent choice of movies etc. Food was good and service excellent. Two stops Brunei and Dubai. Brunei undergoing renovations and didn't seem like air conditioning working, very warm inside terminal. Would definitely fly with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Eleanor Larkin (UK)

Royal Brunei Airlines for the first time to fly to Australia in October. Check in was quick and easy. We left from Heathrow and stopped in Dubai and Brunei before going onto Melbourne. We did use all of the lounges provided but the one in Dubai was dirty and crowded. The service provided by the cabin staff was excellent, respectful, helpful and pleasant. The food was good quality but not so many vegetarian choices. The in flight movies were a bit dated but there were a good number of choices. It was a comfortable journey and I do like their Dreamliner plane. Once you learned how to roll the beds down it was easy to go to sleep. Overall their performance was excellent and I would certainly use them again and recommend their Business Class cabin.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Davidson Megan (Australia)

Comfort and service good. Food below average. Beef not edible and ran out of the other options. They did offer to see whether they had any chicken spare in economy, which makes you wonder whether their is a difference between economy and business. For the two stopovers had to stand in line with economy passengers. Business class service at Heathrow airport fantastic!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by A Grieve (Australia)

Business cabin in 787 comprises 18 seats in 3 rows. However 6 of the seats are compromised as 2 are designated window seats but do not have a window and 4 are in close proximity to the lavatories. The middle seats in the front row are worst as you definitely notice everyone passing you. Additionally there are no privacy screens, and a lack of usable storage space other than overhead bins. Otherwise staff are excellent and the seats quite comfortable. Food and drink is more than adequate.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Kane MacArthur (New Zealand)

Just got back from Melbourne to Heathrow via Brunei and Dubai, in my experience I cannot complain about anything, I was very sceptical picking them, but to save the amount of $$$ I did I will not hesitate to fly with them again. Brunei airport is "different" work is ongoing and has been for number of years I have heard. Nothing to really do there apart from a coffee and slice, wifi was fine around the whole airport for me. Toilet area was ok. Dubai airport was ok only quick stop in same terminal. Inflight experience was fine, good leg room. Seats comfy. Noise was low even in my seats right on the wing and engine. Staff were fine and friendly no issues there. Selection of films pretty low compared to others but still, had enough to keep me going there and back. Food was fine.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Hawa Evans (Australia)

I flew RBA for Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur route, quite impressed with the business class. Not as good as emirates but worth the money. The only negative comments will be the 5 hours transit at Bandar Seri Begawan lounge which was driving me nuts as there was nothing much to do and I had to pay an extra MYR 1300 for excess luggage. You don't expect that with a business class fare. However B787 is an excellent aircraft and I will definitely fly RBA again provided I have a shorter transit time at Brunei. Last but not least its worth every penny!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Sargeant Alan (Australia)

Bangkok - Melbourne in Business Class. Fast and efficient check in in Bangkok, the Express Lane saved a lot of time getting through Immigration and Security. Everything went well and was on time. Cabin attendants were attentive and the food and presentation up to my expectations for Business Class. Good meal and friendly service between Bangkok and Brunei (Cabin was full). From Brunei it was the new Dreamliner with its comfortable and a flat bed. Dinner was good and the movie selection was OK but not outstanding. At around half the cost of Thai or Qantas Business Class it represents exceptional value. Royal Brunei does not serve alcohol on the flights so have a drink in Melbourne or Bangkok before the flight. The will allow you to take a small bottle on board and drink it on the first sector. There was a problem with my luggage, for some reason it was not given a priority label and as a result I had to wait quite some time for it in Melbourne.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Phillips (Australia)

Melbourne to Dubai and return. My wife and I were very impressed with the high level of service we received on all four legs of our flights with RBA. We arrived at both parts of our journeys feeling refreshed. My wife who flies a lot noted with the Dreamliner flights that she did not suffer her usual ear/nose issues when descending. The feeling of space in the 787 was very welcome and we look forward to travelling with RBA again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Angelito Lawang (Australia)

I flew to Melbourne from Manila via Bandar Seri Begawan on 28th September 2014. The service from Manila to Bandar was very poor. The flight steward took 15 minutes at each row serving food - he informed each and every customer what food he was going to serve. He would spend a good 3-4 minutes serving each passenger. The process was so simple and yet they cannot systematically do it in a simple way. We were sitting on the 46th row and by the time they were able to serve us there was no selection of food and no option but to get what was left. This experience becomes more unbearable upon arriving at the airport - only one toilet each for male and female is in operation - the queue from the ladies toilet nearly reached the check-in station. Not enough signage or instructions and you see passengers walking around the airport like headless chickens looking for their departure gates. I consider Manila better than this airport.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Andrew Brownlie (Australia)

Recently my wife and I flew Melbourne - London - Melbourne with RB and were absolutely satisfied with the experience. Having the opportunity to fly on the Dreamliner as well as the very attractive fares compared with Qantas / Emirates etc was a factor in my decision. Two x 7 hour and 1 x 9 hour legs was also a consideration despite the additional transit time. The food was excellent, the staff very attentive and the 18 passenger cabin a calming environment. The lack of alcohol wasn't an issue. The movie selection wasn't brilliant but adequate. The Business Class lounge at Bandar Seri Begawan along with the whole of the terminal is undergoing an upgrade but what was available was appropriate and clearly better than being downstairs with the rest of the passengers. I'm looking forward to using them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by T Hudson (Australia)

Melbourne to London via Bandar Seri Begawan and Dubai on 11th September and flew back on 19th September. The price was very good, a minimum saving of $700 compared to what I would have paid on the other airlines. The chance to fly on the new Dreamliner was another attraction. And the final attraction was the chance to break up the journey into three 7 hour chunks rather than having two legs one of them 14 hours. I never enjoyed the 14 hour flights. Anyway I must say except for the cheaper price, I wasn't completely satisfied with Royal Brunei. First of all, the food was just average, only two choices offered - chicken of beef. You also don't get a menu listing in advance to let you know what you are having. It was edible, but nowhere near the quality offered on the bigger airlines. The quantity was also on the small side, two gentlemen seated beside me were brave enough to ask for more. They don't serve alcohol but I don't drink so that didn't bother me. They had lots of soft drinks and juice though. The plastic cutlery was also made from poor material. The first time I had one spike from a fork missing, the second time the whole fork was missing from the sealed cutlery package, the third time the knife just broke when I was trying to use it to spread butter on the bread. Airport at Bandar Seri Begawan is also very substandard. I understand it was undergoing some construction, but even then I expected clean toilets. The inquiry desk was mostly empty, no TV screens and nowhere to buy food (on way back I noticed the shops could be somewhere upstairs, but this wasn't clear). Also the wifi only works once you have checked in, inside the check in gates. Outside in the general waiting area the wifi didn't work at all. Anyway I had something to read so that wasn't much of a worry. The choice of movies on their entertainment platform is very limited. There are about 5 to 7 movies under each category compared to several choices on other airlines. As a result I spent the journey listening to music on my iPhone once I had watched 3 or so movies. The seats are very hard and very uncomfortable. These were 7 hour flights so I could just manage. Worse I had a window seat so I couldn't keep asking the people beside me to make way for me so I could stand up instead and stretch my legs. Maybe it was just me or where I was sitting, but I didn't find the Dreamliner any quieter than the A380 or B777. Still the same loud engine noise from outside. My own verdict is that for this price I would be happy to pay if the seats were comfortable. I could live with the limited food choice or the limited entertainment (just bring my own iPad), but the seating is so uncomfortable that I can't imagine another 26 hours to London on the same airline again. I certainly wouldn't recommend for those travelling with kids. The flight experience itself is part of the journey, and I am not sure if the experience is enhanced on Royal Brunei. But if you are tight on budget, buy your ticket early (I paid $1350 for mine), and maximise on the saving. If you buy later the saving won't be as much, and at that price I don't think it will be worth it.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Burns Jason (UK)

My experience with Royal Brunei was excellent. My partner and I have flown on both their 777 service and now the new 787 service from London - Melbourne on September 10 2014. The 787 service is a huge improvement in passenger comfort. The seats are very comfortable and the leg room is the best I've experienced. The flight attendants gave us great service, ample amounts of great food and regularly kept us refreshed with juices and water. The inflight entertainment was fantastic, the price was the best I could find. The only downside would have been the lack of alcohol on the flight but we were able to bring a number of mini 50ml bottles and we used these discretely. The airport and Brunei is improving, but still lacks any basic entertainment such as TV and I could not connect to the wifi. I'm sure these will be addressed soon. Overall rating is very good to excellent. I expect to be flying with them for the next few years.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by A Sargeant (Australia)

Melbourne - through Brunei in Business Class. Everything went well and was on time. Cabin attendants were attentive and the food and presentation up to my expectations for Business Class. I liked the new Dreamliner and the flat beds. Movies were OK but not outstanding. There is a sense of space in the cabin. They don't serve alcohol but this is a minor factor. At around half the cost of Thai or Qantas it represents exceptional value.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2014 by D Lazenby (New Zealand)

I flew business class with Royal Brunei on 1st September from Melbourne to Bangkok. I chose to have a stopover in Brunei. I chose them purely on price I was expecting much. I can highly recommend them. I travel business class purely for the seat that is the most important aspect for me. Don't care about the service. I got a very comfortable lie flat seat from Melbourne to Brunei and a large comfortable seat for the short flight to Bangkok. The staff were excellent wonderful service. Food was good. Yes you don't get alcohol but that made for a pleasant flight. Highly recommend them. Brunei stopover was worth it. Brunei airport is small check in area brand sparkling new. All the toilets I checked out at Brunei were fine.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Arthur Lim (Australia)

The online booking system is pretty commonly used by other airlines as well, so it's familiar. Unfortunately, you don't have the ability to change/cancel your bookings online. Nonetheless, email communications with the airline was swiftly attended to. I travelled on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner from MEL to BWN. The crew was friendly, the movie selections were good, the food was great. When compared to other planes, I find the seats not very comfortable, and miscellaneous storage space around your seat was inconveniently placed. Then, I travelled on an Airbus A319 from BWN to MEL, and I found that the old seats were much more comfortable even they don't recline to lie-flat beds. The BWN airport is undergoing renovations at the time of writing, as such, it understandably wasn't a pleasant experience at all.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by R Woodward (Australia)

I flew Melbourne to Manila return last month on RBA and was very satisfied with their overall service. Because the base airfare was already around $400 cheaper than Singapore Airlines and Philippine Airlines (who fly direct), I was not expecting a great deal. But from this experience, I can say that aside from the no alcohol policy, there was little to separate the flying experience between RBA and Singapore Airlines. The new B787 flying between MEL and BWN was presented in spotless condition, the food onboard was very good and plentiful with very good customer service from the staff. Even on the shorter A320 flights between Brunei and Manila we were served a full meal similar to the longer Melbourne services. Probably the only downside to the experience is the small Airport at Brunei, which was undergoing renovations at the time of my trip. Very little to see and do in the small terminal. No wifi, TV to watch or even interesting activity on the airfield. Thankfully stopovers did not last much more than one hour or so. Like most modern economy class offerings, the economy class seats on the 787 were not so comfortable and felt very hard. I have noticed this is also the case on new SQ A380s and CX 777s so it's not a unique fault of Royal Brunei. But besides these small faults, I will be flying with RBA again the next time I return to Philippines, and can say that as an overall experience, they were well worth the money. The B787 service from Australia was much like that of Singapore Airlines' A380 for a fraction of the price.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by S Yates (Australia)

The in-air part of my experience of this airline was ok on the new 787 Dreamliner. The seats are hard and the in- flight entertainment is pretty limited Brunei Airport is pretty bad, particularly the toilet facilities which were filthy. My only real complaint was to do with ground staff. I missed my return flight because while I was running later than planned, I was at the check-in area where the desk should have been with time to spare according to their published cut off times (60 min before departure), but the check-in desk had already closed and there were no employees to be found (there wasn't even any RB signage - I had to ask another airlines staff if the desk with "this desk is closed" was the RB desk), so I was left a little stranded. After eventually finding some RB ground staff they were no real help and I ended up purchasing a ticket on another airline to get home. In future I'll stick with bigger carriers that have the willingness and capacity to deal with such occurrences.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Baker (New Zealand)

As far as the flight is concerned - that was great. Melbourne to London via Brunei and Dubai (though a very long trip). They use the new Dreamliner and it's true what they say the climate inside is much easier to handle and less noise too. Staff is very friendly and the no alcohol is no problem at all. The prayer before the flight is a little unnerving though. However - Brunei airport is a totally different ball game - the reason why I would not fly with them again actually. It's tiny to say the least and a building site - two toilets (hole in the ground only) and only one coffee shop. Seats in the waiting area are dirty (in fact the whole airport is dirty - especially the loos!). So no I won't be flying with them again - despite the price which is much cheaper than others.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by R Kent (UK)

Flew London - Dubai - Brunei - Melbourne and we were impressed with all 3 flights. Comfortable enough to sleep when we wanted to. Food was good, although dinner out of Heathrow was very slow to be served. IFE choice was perhaps a little weak. Crew kept toilets spotless. Would definitely recommend, particularly for the price paid.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Kevin Zheng (Australia)

Flew CGK-BWN-MEL on 27/7. CGK-BWN on the not so new Airbus A319, both seat pitch and seat width were good, pretty generous for a "low cost full service airline." Had roasted chicken with honey on CGK-BWN which was decent. No IFE, though. BWN-MEL was delayed for about an hour, no compensation provided. Flew on the brand new dreamliner. Seating was quite good, though the seat was not that wide due to 3-3-3 layout. Food was fine, had a chicken linguine for dinner. IFE was smooth with many options. No booze on all legs which is a drawback. As far as i'm concerned, service was good and it's worth the money I paid. Will definitely fly on RBA again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by M Bertram (Australia)

MEL-BWN and return on the 787 Dreamliner. Considering the cost of our flights, we were really impressed. The plane was clean, the IFE worked and the touch screens were very responsive and I found the cabin a bit more spacious than other planes. The staff were very friendly. On both trips, the plane was half empty so we were able to spread out and have a set of 3 seats to ourselves. The bathrooms remained fairly clean during the flight although I wouldn't recommend sitting too close to the front as the bathroom smell permeates towards the first few rows of economy. One family were sitting in the window seats and left their lights throughout the overnight flight to Melbourne which were quite bright and shone towards the middle seats where we were seated. Both flights departed and arrived on time.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Higgins (Australia)

Just completed Melbourne to London return trip in business class on new 787 Dreamliner aircraft. Very comfortable, 180 lie flat beds with duvet and pillow were excellent. Very attentive service, food good, in-flight entertainment was ok, but not enough for long haul flight. Some technical issues with the plane caused delays both directions, thought this is more a Boeing issue that RB. I'm 6'1" and found the seat/bed very comfortable, and have no issue recommending Royal Brunei given they are usually $1-2k cheaper for business class fares than others.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Harry van der Veeke (Australia)

Melbourne to Brunei, 10/7/2014. Brunei to Bangkok the same day. Returns on the 18/7/2014. Plane arrived on time on all 4 flights. The food on all 4 trips was either chicken or beef. The best way to describe it, it was edible. The 787 flights have reasonable legroom, if you are not too tall. Service was friendly, even on the return flight, when the plane was full.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D French (UK)

LHR-DXB-BWN-MEL, 24/06/14, MEL-BWN-DWC-LHR, 14/07/14. I chose RBA for two reasons only: 1) To try the Dreamliner - not sure about the windows and it's not much quieter than an Airbus 330/340/380, but the extra cabin pressure did seem to significantly reduce that drained feeling you get after a long flight. 2) A freakishly low sub 500 return to MEL. I wasn't expecting much, but the most of the grumbles relate to temporary airport conditions: BWN very small and under refurbishment - facilities very limited (just a cafe upstairs, a clean, but run down toilet and a makeshift waiting area with unusable free wi-fi. Note - no duty free or alcohol at BWN and there never will be). Stairs and buses instead of jetways at DWC - but that's temporary (and I preferred the terminal to DXB). I found the three legged journey with short stops preferable to the usual two. Didn't appreciate being called 'immediately' to the transfer desk at BWN on the return only to be asked to swap seats with someone complaining about their 'with child' seat allocation. Other than that, the food was very good (though they need to change that lamb dish), excellent legroom, very good/excellent staff service. IFE was very good, though not sure I'd want someone behind me constantly tapping the screen while playing Tetris - no handsets. Definitely felt like a significant step up after my last two flights with a US carrier and easily on a par with my LHR-AUH-SYD trip last year with Etihad. If others have the same experience as I did, RBA's rating will surely rise to 4* very soon – even at 800+, RBA are still a good option on this route. Just don't forget that RBA/BWN are dry - so allow room in your carry on liquid bag for a couple of miniatures (or get duty free) if you like a tipple to settle you in to the flight - the staff don't mind as long as you are discrete.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Pincus David (Australia)

Due to technical issues, we are marooned in Dubai. Landed at 3.45 am C Concourse at gate C5 and shuffled around finally into a hotel on the A Concourse at 10.30 am with no advice as to likely updates. Last communication with any representative of Royal Brunei is now over 14 hours ago. They cannot be contacted either by phone or email in either Australia or Dubai. Apparently advice from hotel staff at 9 pm tonight as to the possibility of continuing our journey, which would be nice. Circumstances surrounding 17 hour delay may just be one of those things but complete communication failure is not.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Hollier (Australia)

Flight Melbourne to London in May was good on all counts. Return flight last week was hit with cancellation and delays. Then because our flight was combined with the next day's flight, room was very scarce. We understood the Brunei airport accident causing the cancellation but found that no communication at all was passed on at Heathrow or by email - there were no Royal Brunei staff there. So the risk is that, because this is a small airline, any incidents will cause major disruptions to many flights as they all rely on tight scheduling. We were housed well at Heathrow Hilton overnight but having someone to speak to would have made all the difference.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by H Fine (Australia)

The return flight from London was on time and the service excellent. The flight to London in March was very poor. The flight from Brunei was late leaving because two flights were combined. The flight from Dubai was hours late but no explanation was given. In fact we were told that the flight had been cancelled. Scheduled to arrive at 6.40 am we arrived in London at 14.00 hours.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by A Maiden (Australia)

My son and I have just returned from London flying with Royal Brunei. We were especially pleased with the service that we got. The aircraft was very new and the leg room was extra welcome (my son being over 6 foot). The service from cabin crew on the plane and at all checking in areas was excellent. The meals were good and we had a choice of what we could have. The long flight to London was broken by two stops, one in Brunei and one in Dubai. These stops were not long so there was no hanging around for hours waiting for the next flight, but long enough to walk around and have a good stretch. We originally booked the flight because of the price - it was $1000 less than other airlines at the time of booking, but we will certainly fly with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Shahin Yousef (Australia)

BI54 on 16/5/2014, BI97 on 16/5/2014, BI98 on 23/6/2014 and BI53 on 23/6/2014. Flew from Melbourne to Dubai, excellent airline, good food and plenty of room to stretch your legs on the B787.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2014 by S Winters (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to London and they were excellent. Lots of legroom in economy class and my vegetarian meals were quite nice. The cabin crew are a delight and nothing is too much trouble. Brunei airport is a bit drab which is a pity. The two stops (Brunei and Dubai) were good actually because after two legs of basically seven hours flying you need to stretch your legs a bit. I would recommend this airline to anyone. Why pay more money when you can get comfort and good service with Royal Brunei.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Weepers (Australia)

Excellent on every aspect - plenty of room, food great, staff polite and courteous, we flew Melbourne to Heathrow return. Travelled with husband and 4 children - we wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by David O'Keeffe (Australia)

I recently flew MEL to LHR on the Boeing 787, and what a treat it was. I wasn't able to preselect my seat at the time I booked so I called their office in Melbourne, the staff member there was great and arranged all my seat selections to and from London. At the airport I went to the online check-in desk and was promptly served by another lovely staff member, she moved me to a row that was completely empty, so I had three seats to myself all the way through. The stop at Brunei and Dubai was reasonable, although Brunei airport is not somewhere you would want to spend too long in. Food on the flight was adequate and the IFE system ok, but limited. The staff on the flight were very professional and went around with regular drink runs and checking on passengers. The flight home was very much the same. Will definitely fly them again, especially given the savings on price compared to other carriers.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Bin Mohd Azman (Singapore)

SIN-BWN in 2013. B787 was clean and ambience was great. The cabin crew were friendly. Being a Muslim, I find the travel prayer was aired through the IFE did reduce my nervousness. IFE sufficient for the short flight. I don't recall what was served for the inflight meal but it was tasty. Toilets in B787 clean and modern. BWN-SIN flight back to Singapore was nearly full so security check arduously slow as the queue was long. Flight back also on B787. Cabin crew was helpful and we were greeted with smiles. Overall, my flights with RBA were satisfying and I hope they keep improving and be able to compete with major airlines.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Murtagh Louise (UK)

A superb all-round experience - cannot fault! Flying Heathrow to Melbourne return, each leg of both journeys on time. Food very good, refreshments varied and plentiful. All staff very attentive, courteous and exceptionally polite. We were fortunate enough to fly in the new dream-liner, spacious aircraft with ample leg-room (we actually requested to be seated at the very rear of the aircraft where there is additional leg room) and surprisingly quiet. Fantastic value for money - no need to fly business class as economy service second to none. Will definitely fly Royal Brunei again!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by R McLeary (Australia)

I recently flew Melbourne to Heathrow with Brunei. I found the airline although quite basic extremely good value for money. The most impressive part of their service was their customer relations. After arriving in the UK and on my way to my family home I realised I had lost my wedding ring and knew that it must be on the plane. I headed back to the airport but unfortunately there were no representatives to talk to. A very kind lady behind the Brunei desk helped me to call the London office and talk to someone who would help. I was in a very stressed state and all the Brunei staff I talked to were extremely helpful and willing to do everything possible to retrieve my ring. Within a few hours the staff had managed to find my ring and kept it safe until I was able to get it back. Throughout the whole trip I found all staff, ground and air to be extremely approachable, friendly and helpful.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Stephen Ong (Brunei)

My return trip on the Dreamliner in Business Class was surprisingly satisfying. Whilst the ergonomics of, and seat controls takes some getting use to, I like the bright and airy feel, and the tinted windows. Further, I was impressed with the quality and standard of service of the inflight crew. Indeed a "Better Fly". My only gripe is the departure time from Brunei to Melbourne, doesn't allow one much sleep.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by V Armstrong (Norway)

Flew from London to Melbourne, stopping in Dubai and Brunei. Flew a two-week old 787 Dreamliner and it was spotless clean and felt very safe. Cabin crew were superb and incredibly service-minded and friendly. Seemed like a very professional airline. Since I am a bit nervous about flying I had a chat with one of the FA's on my way back to London (on the Melbourne-Brunei flight) and he was very friendly and calmed me down. Food was as good as you can expect from an airline, entertainment system was a bit disappointing and a tiny minus for being an alcohol-free airline. The two stops were good to stretch your legs and get some fresh air, even though Brunei airport is quite depressing (but that's not Royal Brunei's fault, of course). But all the important things, like service, safety and comfort were top notch and I would definitely fly Royal Brunei again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Spear Paul (Australia)

I cheated on Qantas. Our relationship lasted over 20 years but now I have found Royal Brunei. For our first trip Melbourne to London we chose RB as it was $600 cheaper for the two of us. We were very impressed. Make sure you get the new 787 Dreamliner with lots of leg room, a roomy feeling in the cabin and a usb port in the seat back screen to power my iPad. (Does not charge the iPad but uses the planes power). The crew were very helpful and brought soft drinks and juices around constantly. I think they try to make up for being a dry airline. We bought a small bottle of alcohol in Melb and the crew were happy to give us coke and ice. If you are desperate just buy a couple of the small airline bottles and put them in your liguids bag in your carry on. The three hour layover in Brunei was a bit of a pain as the airport is reduced to a small waiting area with only a coffee shop but the time flew by. Would highly recommend RB for anyone travelling MEL to London. This route is four star.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by C Clay (Philippines)

MNL-BSB-MNL, 17-20 April 2014. The good: on-time flights, attentive in-flight service, meal even on such a short flight. The not-so-good: their airplanes, at least from Manila, are really looking old and in need of refurbishing. The cabin of the A320 they used looked tired and in bad shape. On the flight over, the head-rest of the seat flew off when we were trying to adjust it. On the flight back, the recliner did not work and the seat was always in the reclined position. Plus the space between seats, even in the emergency exit row, is tiny, I'm not sure if it complies with international standards. When they finish renovating the BSB airport (the new part is looking lovely by the way), they should then invest on their planes a bit. But service is courteous and efficient.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Jake Drake (Australia)

Bandar Seri Begawan to MEL. Newish Boeing 787 which is supposed to be a lot quieter than other planes but it didn't seem much different if at all. Selection of entertainment somewhat limited but adequate for a 6 hour night flight. Fully flat beds which compare to the likes of Emirates. Cabin crew and lounge staff in BSB seemed reluctant to address the issue of noisy children.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by K Del (Australia)

Flew on Dreamliner, Melbourne to Brunei. Flight departed late due to airport only using one runway. Spent 90 mins on tarmac waiting to take off. Biz class cabin has only 3 rows. Seat was comfortable enough and the provision of a large pillow was great for sleeping. Service was excellent, food was equal to other airlines and IFE adequate for all but avid movie buffs. Missed my connection in Brunei due to delay in Melb. Was met on arrival, guided through immigration and sent to hotel for overnight stay. Flight to KL the next day was equally as good.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Roy Clogstoun (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to Heathrow and back in March and April. The service was excellent, the food tasty and appetizing, particularly the Asian options. The IFE was comparable to any four star airlines, with the latest films available. The real bonus was flying in the B787 Dreamliner, which was operating all the way from London Heathrow to Melbourne and from Brunei to London. The service on the B777 was also good. The staff were on the move providing water and fruit drinks to pax all night long. The price of the ticket was economical and well worth the money comparable to other airlines operating between Melbourne and London. I will fly them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by James Roussell (Australia)

Tired planes, but the Dreamliners are now here. Enjoyed my trip to Bandar Seri Begawan, and can't wait to fly Royal Brunei again soon!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by D Macpherson (Australia)

Flew economy class Melbourne to Brunei on B777 then Brunei to London via Dubai on B787 26-27 Mar. Was dubious about the initial leg on the older B777 following reviews on here but was very pleasantly surprised. Aircraft was clean with plenty of legroom - I am 195cm tall. Cabin crew were superb and meals were excellent, surpassing the standard of many 4 star airlines I have flown with. Drinks were freely available and nothing was too much trouble for the crew. Comfortable flights, seats perhaps a little firmer than some. In flight entertainment was good and sufficient for the 3 legs though not as comprehensive as some carriers. Flights were around $300 cheaper than the next competitor. Excellent value and a fantastic experience - looking forward to the return journey and would wholeheartedly recommend Royal Brunei to anyone.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Sargeant Alan (Australia)

Bangkok to Melbourne via Brunei. All flights took off a few minutes early and also landed a few minutes early. Given an IPAD for entertainment between Bangkok and Brunei and flight was in an older Airbus 319. Seat was comfortable and service was very good - attentive cabin staff. Had a few hours layover in Brunei and then to Melbourne on older B777. Flight was punctual and the food good. Drinks freely available and plane very lightly loaded - only five in Business Class. Was a bit disappointed that the new 787 was not in operation as seat not so comfortable as a bed. Film selection was a bit limited. Royal Brunei is a comfortable three star airline without pretensions but Royal Brunei offers excellent value for money in Business Class which is why I continue to fly with them on a regular basis.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Widjaja Jesslyn (Indonesia)

24 Jan, Shanghai, BI 614 to Bandar Seri Begawan. Bandar Seri Begawan, BI 737 to Jakarta Intl. Return 21 Feb, BI 738 and BI 613. Price was good, food was ok. Delayed about 2 hours, we all waited inside the plane that was just moving around like an airport sight seeing tour. My return flight was canceled on Monday, and they re-timed my ticket to Friday. Flight delayed 5 days and they gave nothing for it. You get what you paid for.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Hill Beth (Australia)

A very quick last minute trip had to happen from Melbourne to UK. They are fantastic and their flight attendants are the best I've experienced. Their planes are spotlessly clean. You were not swamped with attention, perfect for me. No alcohol, no problem, two stops not great I prefer one. Brunei airport awful but, is being upgraded to be finished this year. Vegetarian food terrible but so is every other airline. Overall I would recommend them. I travel to UK at least twice a year at the moment for family reasons and have travelled with most of the major airlines, they should look at Royal Brunei and see a winning formula.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by H Baker (UK)

My husband and I travelled from LHR-Brunei-Melbourne to fly home for Christmas. Having read some good reviews of the airline and not having a stack of cash to spend on the flights, we decided to give it a go. Firstly, the online check in option was very convenient and easy to use. The only gripe here is that when we got to the airport, we still had to wait in a massive queue to check our luggage in. However the check in staff were friendly and moved us through as fast as possible. On the London-Dubai-Brunei leg we had the new Dreamliner aircraft and it really did feel like a dream. We were delighted to find that we had plenty of leg room (we are both 6 foot and over so this is a big deal) and loved the open airy feel of the cabin, as well as the smooth take off and landing. I am surprised that people have complained that they didn't know about the Dubai stop, it is on itineraries and tickets and when you check in online. The variety of entertainment on board was quite adequate and the meals were really nice. The cabin crew on all sectors were friendly and obliging. On the way to Australia all our flights left on time and we even landed slightly early in Melbourne. Coming back we were delayed leaving Dubai, but this was not due to the airline, it was because a passenger did not show up for the flight. Having the two stops was actually really good as it allows you to get off the plane and stretch your legs, really breaks up the journey nicely. All in all, Royal Brunei exceeded my expectations, for the price you expect really basic service and not much else but we found the whole experience really satisfying. Would happily fly Royal Brunei again to Melbourne and recommend them to anyone who wants to have a pleasant flight and not have to pay a fortune like some other airlines charge.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8