Royal Brunei Airlines Customer Reviews and Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Hollier (Australia)

Flight Melbourne to London in May was good on all counts. Return flight last week was hit with cancellation and delays. Then because our flight was combined with the next day's flight, room was very scarce. We understood the Brunei airport accident causing the cancellation but found that no communication at all was passed on at Heathrow or by email - there were no Royal Brunei staff there. So the risk is that, because this is a small airline, any incidents will cause major disruptions to many flights as they all rely on tight scheduling. We were housed well at Heathrow Hilton overnight but having someone to speak to would have made all the difference.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by H Fine (Australia)

The return flight from London was on time and the service excellent. The flight to London in March was very poor. The flight from Brunei was late leaving because two flights were combined. The flight from Dubai was hours late but no explanation was given. In fact we were told that the flight had been cancelled. Scheduled to arrive at 6.40 am we arrived in London at 14.00 hours.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by A Maiden (Australia)

My son and I have just returned from London flying with Royal Brunei. We were especially pleased with the service that we got. The aircraft was very new and the leg room was extra welcome (my son being over 6 foot). The service from cabin crew on the plane and at all checking in areas was excellent. The meals were good and we had a choice of what we could have. The long flight to London was broken by two stops, one in Brunei and one in Dubai. These stops were not long so there was no hanging around for hours waiting for the next flight, but long enough to walk around and have a good stretch. We originally booked the flight because of the price - it was $1000 less than other airlines at the time of booking, but we will certainly fly with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Shahin Yousef (Australia)

BI54 on 16/5/2014, BI97 on 16/5/2014, BI98 on 23/6/2014 and BI53 on 23/6/2014. Flew from Melbourne to Dubai, excellent airline, good food and plenty of room to stretch your legs on the B787.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2014 by S Winters (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to London and they were excellent. Lots of legroom in economy class and my vegetarian meals were quite nice. The cabin crew are a delight and nothing is too much trouble. Brunei airport is a bit drab which is a pity. The two stops (Brunei and Dubai) were good actually because after two legs of basically seven hours flying you need to stretch your legs a bit. I would recommend this airline to anyone. Why pay more money when you can get comfort and good service with Royal Brunei.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Weepers (Australia)

Excellent on every aspect - plenty of room, food great, staff polite and courteous, we flew Melbourne to Heathrow return. Travelled with husband and 4 children - we wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by David O'Keeffe (Australia)

I recently flew MEL to LHR on the Boeing 787, and what a treat it was. I wasn't able to preselect my seat at the time I booked so I called their office in Melbourne, the staff member there was great and arranged all my seat selections to and from London. At the airport I went to the online check-in desk and was promptly served by another lovely staff member, she moved me to a row that was completely empty, so I had three seats to myself all the way through. The stop at Brunei and Dubai was reasonable, although Brunei airport is not somewhere you would want to spend too long in. Food on the flight was adequate and the IFE system ok, but limited. The staff on the flight were very professional and went around with regular drink runs and checking on passengers. The flight home was very much the same. Will definitely fly them again, especially given the savings on price compared to other carriers.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Bin Mohd Azman (Singapore)

SIN-BWN in 2013. B787 was clean and ambience was great. The cabin crew were friendly. Being a Muslim, I find the travel prayer was aired through the IFE did reduce my nervousness. IFE sufficient for the short flight. I don't recall what was served for the inflight meal but it was tasty. Toilets in B787 clean and modern. BWN-SIN flight back to Singapore was nearly full so security check arduously slow as the queue was long. Flight back also on B787. Cabin crew was helpful and we were greeted with smiles. Overall, my flights with RBA were satisfying and I hope they keep improving and be able to compete with major airlines.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Murtagh Louise (UK)

A superb all-round experience - cannot fault! Flying Heathrow to Melbourne return, each leg of both journeys on time. Food very good, refreshments varied and plentiful. All staff very attentive, courteous and exceptionally polite. We were fortunate enough to fly in the new dream-liner, spacious aircraft with ample leg-room (we actually requested to be seated at the very rear of the aircraft where there is additional leg room) and surprisingly quiet. Fantastic value for money - no need to fly business class as economy service second to none. Will definitely fly Royal Brunei again!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by R McLeary (Australia)

I recently flew Melbourne to Heathrow with Brunei. I found the airline although quite basic extremely good value for money. The most impressive part of their service was their customer relations. After arriving in the UK and on my way to my family home I realised I had lost my wedding ring and knew that it must be on the plane. I headed back to the airport but unfortunately there were no representatives to talk to. A very kind lady behind the Brunei desk helped me to call the London office and talk to someone who would help. I was in a very stressed state and all the Brunei staff I talked to were extremely helpful and willing to do everything possible to retrieve my ring. Within a few hours the staff had managed to find my ring and kept it safe until I was able to get it back. Throughout the whole trip I found all staff, ground and air to be extremely approachable, friendly and helpful.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Stephen Ong (Brunei)

My return trip on the Dreamliner in Business Class was surprisingly satisfying. Whilst the ergonomics of, and seat controls takes some getting use to, I like the bright and airy feel, and the tinted windows. Further, I was impressed with the quality and standard of service of the inflight crew. Indeed a "Better Fly". My only gripe is the departure time from Brunei to Melbourne, doesn't allow one much sleep.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by V Armstrong (Norway)

Flew from London to Melbourne, stopping in Dubai and Brunei. Flew a two-week old 787 Dreamliner and it was spotless clean and felt very safe. Cabin crew were superb and incredibly service-minded and friendly. Seemed like a very professional airline. Since I am a bit nervous about flying I had a chat with one of the FA's on my way back to London (on the Melbourne-Brunei flight) and he was very friendly and calmed me down. Food was as good as you can expect from an airline, entertainment system was a bit disappointing and a tiny minus for being an alcohol-free airline. The two stops were good to stretch your legs and get some fresh air, even though Brunei airport is quite depressing (but that's not Royal Brunei's fault, of course). But all the important things, like service, safety and comfort were top notch and I would definitely fly Royal Brunei again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Spear Paul (Australia)

I cheated on Qantas. Our relationship lasted over 20 years but now I have found Royal Brunei. For our first trip Melbourne to London we chose RB as it was $600 cheaper for the two of us. We were very impressed. Make sure you get the new 787 Dreamliner with lots of leg room, a roomy feeling in the cabin and a usb port in the seat back screen to power my iPad. (Does not charge the iPad but uses the planes power). The crew were very helpful and brought soft drinks and juices around constantly. I think they try to make up for being a dry airline. We bought a small bottle of alcohol in Melb and the crew were happy to give us coke and ice. If you are desperate just buy a couple of the small airline bottles and put them in your liguids bag in your carry on. The three hour layover in Brunei was a bit of a pain as the airport is reduced to a small waiting area with only a coffee shop but the time flew by. Would highly recommend RB for anyone travelling MEL to London. This route is four star.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by C Clay (Philippines)

MNL-BSB-MNL, 17-20 April 2014. The good: on-time flights, attentive in-flight service, meal even on such a short flight. The not-so-good: their airplanes, at least from Manila, are really looking old and in need of refurbishing. The cabin of the A320 they used looked tired and in bad shape. On the flight over, the head-rest of the seat flew off when we were trying to adjust it. On the flight back, the recliner did not work and the seat was always in the reclined position. Plus the space between seats, even in the emergency exit row, is tiny, I'm not sure if it complies with international standards. When they finish renovating the BSB airport (the new part is looking lovely by the way), they should then invest on their planes a bit. But service is courteous and efficient.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Jake Drake (Australia)

Bandar Seri Begawan to MEL. Newish Boeing 787 which is supposed to be a lot quieter than other planes but it didn't seem much different if at all. Selection of entertainment somewhat limited but adequate for a 6 hour night flight. Fully flat beds which compare to the likes of Emirates. Cabin crew and lounge staff in BSB seemed reluctant to address the issue of noisy children.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by K Del (Australia)

Flew on Dreamliner, Melbourne to Brunei. Flight departed late due to airport only using one runway. Spent 90 mins on tarmac waiting to take off. Biz class cabin has only 3 rows. Seat was comfortable enough and the provision of a large pillow was great for sleeping. Service was excellent, food was equal to other airlines and IFE adequate for all but avid movie buffs. Missed my connection in Brunei due to delay in Melb. Was met on arrival, guided through immigration and sent to hotel for overnight stay. Flight to KL the next day was equally as good.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Roy Clogstoun (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to Heathrow and back in March and April. The service was excellent, the food tasty and appetizing, particularly the Asian options. The IFE was comparable to any four star airlines, with the latest films available. The real bonus was flying in the B787 Dreamliner, which was operating all the way from London Heathrow to Melbourne and from Brunei to London. The service on the B777 was also good. The staff were on the move providing water and fruit drinks to pax all night long. The price of the ticket was economical and well worth the money comparable to other airlines operating between Melbourne and London. I will fly them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by James Roussell (Australia)

Tired planes, but the Dreamliners are now here. Enjoyed my trip to Bandar Seri Begawan, and can't wait to fly Royal Brunei again soon!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by D Macpherson (Australia)

Flew economy class Melbourne to Brunei on B777 then Brunei to London via Dubai on B787 26-27 Mar. Was dubious about the initial leg on the older B777 following reviews on here but was very pleasantly surprised. Aircraft was clean with plenty of legroom - I am 195cm tall. Cabin crew were superb and meals were excellent, surpassing the standard of many 4 star airlines I have flown with. Drinks were freely available and nothing was too much trouble for the crew. Comfortable flights, seats perhaps a little firmer than some. In flight entertainment was good and sufficient for the 3 legs though not as comprehensive as some carriers. Flights were around $300 cheaper than the next competitor. Excellent value and a fantastic experience - looking forward to the return journey and would wholeheartedly recommend Royal Brunei to anyone.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Sargeant Alan (Australia)

Bangkok to Melbourne via Brunei. All flights took off a few minutes early and also landed a few minutes early. Given an IPAD for entertainment between Bangkok and Brunei and flight was in an older Airbus 319. Seat was comfortable and service was very good - attentive cabin staff. Had a few hours layover in Brunei and then to Melbourne on older B777. Flight was punctual and the food good. Drinks freely available and plane very lightly loaded - only five in Business Class. Was a bit disappointed that the new 787 was not in operation as seat not so comfortable as a bed. Film selection was a bit limited. Royal Brunei is a comfortable three star airline without pretensions but Royal Brunei offers excellent value for money in Business Class which is why I continue to fly with them on a regular basis.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Widjaja Jesslyn (Indonesia)

24 Jan, Shanghai, BI 614 to Bandar Seri Begawan. Bandar Seri Begawan, BI 737 to Jakarta Intl. Return 21 Feb, BI 738 and BI 613. Price was good, food was ok. Delayed about 2 hours, we all waited inside the plane that was just moving around like an airport sight seeing tour. My return flight was canceled on Monday, and they re-timed my ticket to Friday. Flight delayed 5 days and they gave nothing for it. You get what you paid for.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Hill Beth (Australia)

A very quick last minute trip had to happen from Melbourne to UK. They are fantastic and their flight attendants are the best I've experienced. Their planes are spotlessly clean. You were not swamped with attention, perfect for me. No alcohol, no problem, two stops not great I prefer one. Brunei airport awful but, is being upgraded to be finished this year. Vegetarian food terrible but so is every other airline. Overall I would recommend them. I travel to UK at least twice a year at the moment for family reasons and have travelled with most of the major airlines, they should look at Royal Brunei and see a winning formula.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by H Baker (UK)

My husband and I travelled from LHR-Brunei-Melbourne to fly home for Christmas. Having read some good reviews of the airline and not having a stack of cash to spend on the flights, we decided to give it a go. Firstly, the online check in option was very convenient and easy to use. The only gripe here is that when we got to the airport, we still had to wait in a massive queue to check our luggage in. However the check in staff were friendly and moved us through as fast as possible. On the London-Dubai-Brunei leg we had the new Dreamliner aircraft and it really did feel like a dream. We were delighted to find that we had plenty of leg room (we are both 6 foot and over so this is a big deal) and loved the open airy feel of the cabin, as well as the smooth take off and landing. I am surprised that people have complained that they didn't know about the Dubai stop, it is on itineraries and tickets and when you check in online. The variety of entertainment on board was quite adequate and the meals were really nice. The cabin crew on all sectors were friendly and obliging. On the way to Australia all our flights left on time and we even landed slightly early in Melbourne. Coming back we were delayed leaving Dubai, but this was not due to the airline, it was because a passenger did not show up for the flight. Having the two stops was actually really good as it allows you to get off the plane and stretch your legs, really breaks up the journey nicely. All in all, Royal Brunei exceeded my expectations, for the price you expect really basic service and not much else but we found the whole experience really satisfying. Would happily fly Royal Brunei again to Melbourne and recommend them to anyone who wants to have a pleasant flight and not have to pay a fortune like some other airlines charge.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8