Royal Brunei Airlines Customer Reviews and Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by C Clay (Philippines)

MNL-BSB-MNL, 17-20 April 2014. The good: on-time flights, attentive in-flight service, meal even on such a short flight. The not-so-good: their airplanes, at least from Manila, are really looking old and in need of refurbishing. The cabin of the A320 they used looked tired and in bad shape. On the flight over, the head-rest of the seat flew off when we were trying to adjust it. On the flight back, the recliner did not work and the seat was always in the reclined position. Plus the space between seats, even in the emergency exit row, is tiny, I'm not sure if it complies with international standards. When they finish renovating the BSB airport (the new part is looking lovely by the way), they should then invest on their planes a bit. But service is courteous and efficient.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Jake Drake (Australia)

Bandar Seri Begawan to MEL. Newish Boeing 787 which is supposed to be a lot quieter than other planes but it didn't seem much different if at all. Selection of entertainment somewhat limited but adequate for a 6 hour night flight. Fully flat beds which compare to the likes of Emirates. Cabin crew and lounge staff in BSB seemed reluctant to address the issue of noisy children.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by K Del (Australia)

Flew on Dreamliner, Melbourne to Brunei. Flight departed late due to airport only using one runway. Spent 90 mins on tarmac waiting to take off. Biz class cabin has only 3 rows. Seat was comfortable enough and the provision of a large pillow was great for sleeping. Service was excellent, food was equal to other airlines and IFE adequate for all but avid movie buffs. Missed my connection in Brunei due to delay in Melb. Was met on arrival, guided through immigration and sent to hotel for overnight stay. Flight to KL the next day was equally as good.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Roy Clogstoun (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to Heathrow and back in March and April. The service was excellent, the food tasty and appetizing, particularly the Asian options. The IFE was comparable to any four star airlines, with the latest films available. The real bonus was flying in the B787 Dreamliner, which was operating all the way from London Heathrow to Melbourne and from Brunei to London. The service on the B777 was also good. The staff were on the move providing water and fruit drinks to pax all night long. The price of the ticket was economical and well worth the money comparable to other airlines operating between Melbourne and London. I will fly them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by James Roussell (Australia)

Tired planes, but the Dreamliners are now here. Enjoyed my trip to Bandar Seri Begawan, and can't wait to fly Royal Brunei again soon!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by D Macpherson (Australia)

Flew economy class Melbourne to Brunei on B777 then Brunei to London via Dubai on B787 26-27 Mar. Was dubious about the initial leg on the older B777 following reviews on here but was very pleasantly surprised. Aircraft was clean with plenty of legroom - I am 195cm tall. Cabin crew were superb and meals were excellent, surpassing the standard of many 4 star airlines I have flown with. Drinks were freely available and nothing was too much trouble for the crew. Comfortable flights, seats perhaps a little firmer than some. In flight entertainment was good and sufficient for the 3 legs though not as comprehensive as some carriers. Flights were around $300 cheaper than the next competitor. Excellent value and a fantastic experience - looking forward to the return journey and would wholeheartedly recommend Royal Brunei to anyone.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Sargeant Alan (Australia)

Bangkok to Melbourne via Brunei. All flights took off a few minutes early and also landed a few minutes early. Given an IPAD for entertainment between Bangkok and Brunei and flight was in an older Airbus 319. Seat was comfortable and service was very good - attentive cabin staff. Had a few hours layover in Brunei and then to Melbourne on older B777. Flight was punctual and the food good. Drinks freely available and plane very lightly loaded - only five in Business Class. Was a bit disappointed that the new 787 was not in operation as seat not so comfortable as a bed. Film selection was a bit limited. Royal Brunei is a comfortable three star airline without pretensions but Royal Brunei offers excellent value for money in Business Class which is why I continue to fly with them on a regular basis.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Widjaja Jesslyn (Indonesia)

24 Jan, Shanghai, BI 614 to Bandar Seri Begawan. Bandar Seri Begawan, BI 737 to Jakarta Intl. Return 21 Feb, BI 738 and BI 613. Price was good, food was ok. Delayed about 2 hours, we all waited inside the plane that was just moving around like an airport sight seeing tour. My return flight was canceled on Monday, and they re-timed my ticket to Friday. Flight delayed 5 days and they gave nothing for it. You get what you paid for.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Hill Beth (Australia)

A very quick last minute trip had to happen from Melbourne to UK. They are fantastic and their flight attendants are the best I've experienced. Their planes are spotlessly clean. You were not swamped with attention, perfect for me. No alcohol, no problem, two stops not great I prefer one. Brunei airport awful but, is being upgraded to be finished this year. Vegetarian food terrible but so is every other airline. Overall I would recommend them. I travel to UK at least twice a year at the moment for family reasons and have travelled with most of the major airlines, they should look at Royal Brunei and see a winning formula.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2014 by H Baker (UK)

My husband and I travelled from LHR-Brunei-Melbourne to fly home for Christmas. Having read some good reviews of the airline and not having a stack of cash to spend on the flights, we decided to give it a go. Firstly, the online check in option was very convenient and easy to use. The only gripe here is that when we got to the airport, we still had to wait in a massive queue to check our luggage in. However the check in staff were friendly and moved us through as fast as possible. On the London-Dubai-Brunei leg we had the new Dreamliner aircraft and it really did feel like a dream. We were delighted to find that we had plenty of leg room (we are both 6 foot and over so this is a big deal) and loved the open airy feel of the cabin, as well as the smooth take off and landing. I am surprised that people have complained that they didn't know about the Dubai stop, it is on itineraries and tickets and when you check in online. The variety of entertainment on board was quite adequate and the meals were really nice. The cabin crew on all sectors were friendly and obliging. On the way to Australia all our flights left on time and we even landed slightly early in Melbourne. Coming back we were delayed leaving Dubai, but this was not due to the airline, it was because a passenger did not show up for the flight. Having the two stops was actually really good as it allows you to get off the plane and stretch your legs, really breaks up the journey nicely. All in all, Royal Brunei exceeded my expectations, for the price you expect really basic service and not much else but we found the whole experience really satisfying. Would happily fly Royal Brunei again to Melbourne and recommend them to anyone who wants to have a pleasant flight and not have to pay a fortune like some other airlines charge.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Richard Sibley (UK)

My wife and I have recently return from a trip to Melbourne flying Royal Brunei (RB) in business class, this has now spoilt us for any future trips to our relatives in Oz. It is more costly but we think at our age, 66, hanging in the air for 22+hrs sat in economy is a real off-putter and justifies the additional cost. We cannot praise RB enough, flights were on time, the cabin crew very professional and attentive, food was excellent, aircraft cabin clean and well presented. First leg was on the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner, business class cabin was superb, spacious and very comfortable; lay-flat beds and noticeably quieter than the usual aircraft types. Second leg was on an older Boeing 777, once again very comfortable, no complaints. Would we fly RB again, yes defiantly, we would highly recommend them to any one flying to Melbourne and thinking of business class travel.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by A Sargeant (Australia)

MEL-BKK. Flights left and landed on time. Seat was comfortable and angled flat, still got some hours of reasonable sleep between Melbourne and Bangkok. Food choice a little limited but portion size and taste was very good. Film selection not very good. Luggage did not get priority coming off the line in Bangkok - this seems a common complaint where airlines go through B to get to C. Staff very attentive and pleasant. Business class remains excellent value for money which is why I continue to fly them.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Stringfellow Geraldine (UK)

14/11/13,BI 098.15/11/13, BI053.22/11/14,BI054,BI097. Just wanted to say how impressed I was with RB I have just returned from Melbourne, the first part of journey was on an older plane but from Brunei it was their new Dreamliner 787 and the aircraft is lovely, great entertainment system I watched 3 films during journey! The service was really good and the food. I flew with Singapore Airlines last year and would say that RB are just as good and were 300 cheaper! I will definitely fly with them again and just hope the fares stay low!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Ednie Dale (Australia)

I started using RBA in 2012 and will continue to do so. Having flown Melbourne to Bangkok 3 times in the last 18 months I am very impressed. Having used Business Class with 2 other airlines RBA wins hands down for serviceability and price.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Ben Smith (UK)

LHR-MEL via Dubai and Brunei. Flew on the new Dreamliner (787) and from Brunei to Melbourne on 777. All flights on time, the new Dreamliner aircraft is a joy to fly on, food was lovely, IFE faultless and crew friendly. The 777 is showing its age, but all in all excellent value for money, will use royal brunei airlines again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Durbridge (UK)

London to Brunei. A dry flight, so no alcohol on board, however you can take your own onboard to drink, but when disembarking in Brunei it will be taken off you. I couldn't fault the service, this was no difference to other airlines I had flown in business. The food was somewhat basic, but still of good quality. The aircraft is an ex SIA 777, so the layout was old, 3 rows of 2 seats, the seat transforms into a comfortable bed, duvets supplied. Brunei to Manila, served 3 course meal, which was better than the ones I had on the previous flight from London to Brunei. Business class seats on A320 which reclined to a very comfortable position. I could not fault the staff and service.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Keith Fagg (Australia)

This was our second trip with Royal Brunei - first Melbourne to Bangkok return and now Melbourne to London to LHR return. In all, eight flights in past 18 months. It is hard to find fault. While 777's are a tad ageing - with occasional minor seat maintenance needed - overall our experience has been excellent. Cabin service has been attentive and responsive, use of our names always appreciated. Meals offer good choice and quality high. Entertainment offering is more limited than other airlines but it appears that their new 787's will have a wider range. Non-service of alcohol is not an issue. Business passengers have access to Etihad Lounge at Heathrow which is excellent although shared lounge in Dubai is not of same standard. If doing the full journey, try to break at Brunei - plenty to do over three or four days and good accommodation offering.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by K Cox (Australia)

Just back from a trip to England. I used Royal Brunei, Melbourne to Heathrow return economy. It was an excellent service from beginning to end, I had two stops which was good. I will defiantly travel with them again, such good value. Food was good and all the staff were caring and helpful.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by A Bartlett (UK)

I flew with Royal Brunei because the were offering an unbelievably cheap return to Melbourne from Heathrow at the time I wanted to fly. For approx 750. I knew what I was expecting so wasn't upset that there was no onboard alcohol sales. Relatively comfortable with a good selection of IFE, although the unit I had on the leg from Brunei to Melbourne was faulty and required multiple restarts to get it working. The food was surprisingly nice but the drinks service was a little lax and frugal, my request for a drink took 30 minutes before receiving the same amount again. The frequent stops helped break up the flight and were a welcome hiatus from the cabin where the air could get quite stale. Overall I'd recommend and fly again with Royal Brunei, especially if I'm on a budget but would consider spending extra if it meant getting that bit extra that comes as standard with other airlines that fly this route.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by L Bree (Australia)

We flew business from Melbourne to Bangkok via Brunei within the last month. Decided to fly business as the price was better than others on the same route. In perspective it offered good service for the money. The Cathay Pacific lounge in Melbourne is adequate and comfortable. On boarding you are offered a drink (non-alcoholic of course) and hot (very hot) towel. Shortly after take off you are given a menu to mark what you want and then offered a series of magazines etc. The entertainment system worked fine, the selection adequate. Meals were huge, you could have five courses then snacks also if you wished. The service was excellent going, with less in the cabin (business) but coming back it was full and the two people serving were struggling. I asked for a duvet instead of a meal coming back and I was eventually given that when the meal service was complete which was not my aim (I wanted to sleep through service). Anyway it was fine really, the price was right and it was a comfortable easy flight. The staff are very nice, Brunei airport is small but functional. Arriving our bags were first off which was very nice and on arriving back in Melbourne were given a fast pass but that didn't matter as the plane was the first international that landed.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Paul Sprich (Australia)

MEL to Heathrow return business class. I chose Royal Brunei based mainly on price but also friends experience but was still apprehensive. They proved to be a very good choice and certainly equal, on balance, to most full service airlines. From a service point of view I did not have one bad leg and the staff were very attentive - at least equal to Cathay and Qantas and better than the European carriers. The food on all legs was good. I had a special meal order and on each leg a crew member discussed it with me just after take-off. The 777s are about 12 years old but are in very good condition. The seats, whilst starting to show their age, are inclined flat beds and if you can't get comfortable and sleep well, particularly with the big pillows and doona then you may just too picky. The IFE isn't the latest but does a reasonable job. I took and iPad with my own selections and the seats accept a standard power connector so no need to by special attachments. They use the Cathay business lounge in Melbourne, a shared business lounge in Dubai and the excellent Etihad one in Heathrow. I've flown business class with most of the major carriers and will have no hesitation using RB again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by L Aaron (Australia)

You get what you pay for. That's basically it for RBA. I chose RBA for my journey from MEL-LHR for price and punctuality. I was not disappointed in that aspect. Had a close call during the stopover in Brunei but we made it in scheduled time to our destination, LHR. The planes are old. My estimation, around 15 year old planes. Entertainment unit was a gamble. The row I was on did not have a working entertainment unit from Brunei to Dubai. Several restarts did not help which to me was just a delay tactic by the cabin crew. As we boarded the plane in Dubai, the new cabin crew was informed and we were moved to different seats with working units. Cabin crew overall was average as we weren't attended to a couple of times probably due to the small indicator LEDs. Food was good on the 1st flight from MEL-BRU but went downhill after that. Brunei airport is depressing. No delays on the return flight. Will I fly with them again? Only if the price difference with other airlines are considerable. This time it was around $2k for 2 person.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by K Pascoe (Australia)

My Husband and I travelled from Melbourne to Hong Kong with a stop over in Brunei. The staff on the 7ish hour flight from Melbourne to Brunei were lovely. They constantly came around with drinks, and were happy to hand out blankets and pillows. Plus, they handed out peanuts. The only problem was that the headphones they supplied wouldn't go into the plugs in the armrest, but I used my own with no problems. The flight was great, one of the best I have been on. Entertainment is a little limited if you compare it to someone like Emirates, but it is a cheaper airline. Provided good movie choices, some TV and music and some games. Flights from Brunei to Hong Kong and back again were on smaller older planes. They still served a full meal despite it being a much shorter flight, and the entertainment was drop down overhead TV's. I don't have a problem with this on the shorter flights and usually take my own entertainment anyway. On the return flight to Melbourne it was an overnight flight. Blankets weren't provided but handed out when people asked. They were also around quite frequently with drinks and I had no complaints on the food either. I am vegetarian and am a little hard to please, but I was quite pleased. No problems with the toilets on board. Clean whenever I went, and I couldn't smell them at any time. Only complaint was of course the bathroom facilities in the Royal Brunei terminal in Brunei. Terrible! My suggestion would be to use the ones in the shower rooms as they were a bit cleaner. Would fly with Royal Brunei again no problems!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by R March (UK)

Just arrived home from Melbourne. Travelled Business class and was most impressed. The cabin staff were very polite and efficient. Aircraft Clean including toilets. The food was ok a few choices on menu. I will fly with them again good value for money.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Mike Vale (Australia)

On time flight on both directions from Melbourne to Heathrow. From Melbourne I took on board a half bottle of red wine purchased after customs and that was no problem at all. After always travelling cattle in the past, the fare which I bought on sale several months earlier for only $4,000 return was a bargain. Nice to be served meals on china and linen. When it came time to sleep, on the last 6 hour leg into London, I had no problem tucking in to the duvet with the almost totally flat 'bed' with a nice soft pillow. The whole experience, both directions was impressive, however the plane is getting old and an adjacent Business class seat gave up under a very rotund person. What amounted to a 5 course meal out of London was simply wonderful and when I couldn't decide on which dessert to have, I asked for and was given both. The new Dreamliners will be in operation by the time my next holiday to the UK comes around, and I'll have no hesitation whatsoever in re-booking to travel Business Class to London on Royal Brunei.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Jan Stone (Australia)

We flew RBA for first time and found the whole experience was very impressive. We flew Melbourne to London and returned a month later. The flights were on time, staff friendly , food good, although only criticism was that on LHR to Brunei some dishes on menu weren't available. Didn't worry about no alcohol, plenty of other beverages available. Some passengers had their own wine with them which didn't appear to be a problem at all. The seats, although not completely flat, were much better than I expected and managed to sleep well. The two stops were great as it gave you a break, able to walk around. Brunei airport is being revamped, will be really nice when complete. We would certainly fly this airline again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by D Gunn (UK)

London Heathrow to Dubai - Economy return. The plane was full to bursting, we found out that the flight was flying to Brunei with a stop over at Dubai, there was no mention of this when booking. The plane looked very old, shabby and stained. The entertainment system was very dated. The seats were small and the leg room minimal. In fact a very uncomfortable cramped journey there and back. The food was ok. The crew were the best however and did a very professional job in the circumstances they had to work in. They were very attentive and the beverages kept coming which was a nice change. There was a nearly 2 hour delay on the return flight, with no explanation. I would not recommend this airline and I will not be travelling with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by A Samakab (UK)

Very disappointed, we were flying back from Dubai to London on 27th August 2013 and on checking in they told us the flight would be delayed 7hrs. Having a small child with me they did not offer any accommodation, the only thing they were able to give us was food voucher for McDonalds. I will recommend.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by K Brown (Australia)

Melbourne to Heathrow, Aug 2013. The flight attendants were very friendly and obliging, the flight is broken into 3 legs with a 3 hour stop over at Brunei where you change planes, and a one hour stop at Dubai. In the 24 hour flight you only receive 3 meals and drinks are provided throughout the flight, the seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in on any plane I have ever been in. I found the seating so uncomfortable that I could not sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. The Boeing 777-200 is an old plane and should have been taken out of service 5 years ago, to their credit the flights were on time both to and from Heathrow-Melbourne.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by A Sargeant (Australia)

Bangkok - Brunei - Melbourne. Both flights lefts and landed on time. Royal Brunei is a dry airline and no alcohol was served. The food was quite tasty and the portions very adequate. The short flight from Bangkok had older style Business seats and the cabin was almost full. The inflight entertainment was OK and the staff were very friendly and helpful. From Brunei to Melbourne the cabin was lightly loaded and the staff service was very good. The cabin and toilets were clean and comfortable. The entertainment was good although the screens are a little on the small size and the technology a little old. The plane landed early and I discovered after clearing Immigration and Quarantine that I had left my glasses on the flight. I met cabin staff outside the restricted area and they told me that the glasses had been found and how to get them back. I fly with Royal Brunei once to twice a year to Bangkok and then return. The staff have always provided good service, the entertainment has been adequate and the food enjoyable. I find the value for money to be exceptionally good and that is why I continue to fly them.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Luke Brown (Australia)

Melbourne to London Heathrow return in economy class. All flights on time and enjoyed the 2 stopover legs as this is much better. I will agree with other passengers comments that the 777-200 Aircraft on these routes (on lease from Singapore Airlines) are showing their age a little and the IFE system being a very early version but still worked perfectly fine for all my flights and the movies, entertainment all up to date. RBA staff for me were what made this trip so enjoyable, nothing was too much bother, food was good and well-presented and always a decent variety. Staff always friendly and doing drink and water runs throughout all flights. RBA are wonderful little airline, they are not charging anywhere near their competitors on this route. I will most definitely fly with them again and I will also enjoy the lower based fares and excellent service on board.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Sargeant Alan (Australia)

Melbourne - Bangkok. Cabin staff helpful and friendly despite a near full cabin. Food was good but no alcohol (airline is Muslim and no alcohol is served). Seats comfortable although they do not fully recline. Non alcoholic drinks and snacks available on demand. Connection in Brunei was OK. Have been flying RBA for about three years and they represent excellent value for money in Business Class.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by William Buchanan (New Zealand)

MEL to Brunei. Flight delayed, and the whole trip and experience was horrible. There was no warning of a delay. Staff were unapologetic. The plane itself was old, an uncomfortable flight. I suggest you avoid this airline.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Susanne Pennington (Australia)

We flew to London and return with RBA. Will not use this airline again. Service was non-existent. It is well known that when travelling long distances one should remain hydrated. So many times I had to ring for service and ask for water, the plane was dirty - especially the fluorescent lighting that are on the wall of the plane were, on both sides, lined with cobwebs and dead flies - not a good look. Seats would not recline and entertainment system faulty. Certainly we get what we pay for and as such I will pay extra to ensure I have a better chance of enjoying long distance flights overseas.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Robert Kinder (UK)

I flew from MEL to LHR via Brunei and Dubai. I found Royal Brunei to be a very helpful and a good airline. I think the Boeing 777 needs upgrading, the seats are a little uncomfortable. However, I must say the cabin crew are very welcoming and warm in their dealings with passengers. Would fly again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by Janet Mckenzie (Australia)

12th July, flight BI097, arriving into Heathrow 13th July. Left London on 18th July, arriving into Melbourne early morning were we had a connecting flight to Coolangatta. We had a lovely surprise holiday from Australia to London flying Royal Brunei, and all I can say it was a memory we will never forget. From start to finish we were treated like royalty. Nothing was never to much, the service, food, beds, flight and people were lovely. We have always flown economy and never experienced 1st class. We will never fly economy again, spend the extra and get what your deserve, luxury.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by R Strazzeri (Australia)

I flew out on August 14 from Melbourne - London and back from August 2. While the cabin crew were very friendly, attentive and courteous this is where the positives ended. Our flight was 5 hours delayed leaving Melbourne. Ground crew kept telling us we would know what was happening in 15 minutes. Due to the delay and withheld information, many people were going to be unable to meet connections with other flights/services at their destinations. Flight to the UK was arduous, in order to ensure we got to London close to our original arrival time, our stop overs were just long enough to process passengers and refuel. Treated like cattle by ground crews in both Brunei and Dubai. Seats were uncomfortable, my entertainment unit didn't work and the bathrooms were not the cleanest. Not enough blankets for everyone on the plane. I ordered the gluten/lactose free vegetarian meal, I got various versions of ratatouille and no protein at all. On the way back I changed my preference to lacto-ovo which wasn't much better. Flight back was slightly more comfortable but my entertainment unit again did not work and the loos were not kept clean. I do not think this airline is suited to long haul flights at all.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by A Griggs (UK)

Flew KUL-BWN and return. Both flights left early due to Ramadan. The outbound flight was 100% full in economy and empty in Business. The crew were friendly and a hot meal was distributed to everyone who wanted one and for those who were fasting, a meal box was given to be eaten after sunset. On the return the plane only had 29 passengers on board yet the crew continued their high standards and the flight was very enjoyable.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by R Chalmers (Australia)

First they missed an issue with a re-entry visa at Melbourne which created havoc at Heathrow on the way out of the UK. Not a very good start. 50+ hours Heathrow to Melbourne. Left late, rushed through Dubai only to sit in Brunei for 7+ hours with almost no information or explanation. They knew at 2pm the flight wouldn't leave till 10pm but kept making out it changed each hour. Missed connecting flights which didn't register with RB staff. Watch the food availability, out of London only 4 meal options from menu were loaded and the front row got them all. Seats are hard and difficult to operate but once you master them they are OK. Food in average at best and the cabin crew and flight crew seem to don larger boots and practice route marching once everyone tries to sleep. For the money probably about what we deserved, they just give the impression that what they offer is of a far better that what is delivered.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by Ahmad Rezaei (Australia)

Melbourne to Bangkok, not good at all, had delay for 3 hours without any reason, they just postpone the flight every 15mins, without any explanation. It's not an international airline, it may be suitable for domestic flight inside Brunei.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 July 2013 by L Clark (New Zealand)

Dubai to Melbourne last month. Flight was terrible. For a start the plane was freezing and when I asked for an extra blanket they told me there were no spare ones despite the plane not being full. My seat would not recline, the entertainment selection was very poor and the food was awful. My duty free alcohol was taken off me even though it had been sealed from Dubai. We queued for about 45 minutes to get back on the plane after a 2 hour stop over and then had to wait for another hour once we had boarded the flight!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by A Jarrett (UK)

Of all my recent experiences flying LHR-MEL, I would consider Royal Brunei to be the best. The cabin crew were genuine and attentive, and being there for passengers was their primary focus throughout the flight. A big selling point was the additional seat pitch, giving a sense of space and comfort. The recline was good. The entertainment system worked perfectly well. Meals were of similar quality to other carriers, however were a little more generous than the offerings of some others and a lot more generous than those offered by BA and VS. Check in was simple and efficient in both directions, and travelling through Brunei Airport was a joy. Small, quiet, no ridiculous long distances to navigate and not daunting in any way. I also prefer having two stops (3 x 7hr legs) between the UK and Australia as being in the air for 14 hours on the now standard 1x7 + 1x14 hour leg is nothing short of horrific. I would choose Royal Brunei on this route over all others.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Deborah Symes (Australia)

First flight on 2nd June, MEL-Brunei and fly home on 6th July. Found the airline to be good value for $. Bought a sale fare ticket and for the price was very happy with the service. Check-in was ok as had a problem getting our bags tagged through to Istanbul (final destination). This led to our luggage not turning up until 3 days after we arrived. Disappointing and annoying. Staff and crew were great, seats very comfortable and able to sleep. Food and service was good, not the standard of Emirates or Etihad long haul but also not the price tag either. Would recommend and also would fly with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  8 June 2013 by Peter Holyoake (Australia)

Melbourne-Brunei-Dubai-Brunei in the last week and due to fly on to Melbourne tonight. To some extent I guess your view of Business Class on this airline will in part be colour by how experienced a Business Class traveller you are. Passengers who usually fly economy can afford an upgrade as evidenced by one fellow passenger who slept across the centre arm-rest of 2 business class seats because he didn't know they reclined into an (almost) flat- bed! Good things: fares are fantastic, business lounges, food is reasonable, entertainment is not state-of-the-art but perfectly evident and despite being an early version of business class, you do get sleeper seats. Not-so-good things: service is variable (some of the cabin crew are world-class, some are not), on my flight, two of the seats were broken and wouldn't recline ex Singapore Airlines aircraft are looking tired. Overall? Normal business fares on this route were 40% less than the equivalent Etihad fare and I picked up a seat sale fare which was only one third. You can't beat that and Royal Brunei must always be considered but they an Etihad or Air New Zealand they are not.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Nelson D'Silva (Australia)

My wife and I traveled in January from MEL-LHR. Sometime into the air, the video systems were inoperable and they kept us waiting and then an announcement, they had technical problems and it was several hours after that the system started to function. Tried to press the recliner buttons, they did not work. Sat upright all the way through. After repeated complaints to the cabin crew senior steward, we were explained that they had leased the aircraft from Singapore Airlines as they were waiting for ordered planes to be delivered later in the year. Experienced same problems on our return flight. Food service was basic nothing spectacular. Toilets were wet and dirty at most times and tissue papers had run out and not replaced. Staff were untrained and most could not oblige maybe because they could not understand the English language well. Unfortunately we are booked to travel again later this year as it was booked soon after the initial booking. Yes, as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for'. It offers cheap fares but 'you get what you pay for'.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8