Royal Brunei Airlines Customer Reviews and Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Royal Brunei Airlines customer travel guide

Royal Brunei Airlines 3-Star Airline ranking

Royal Brunei Airlines Lounge Reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Trip Reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger seat tips

Royal Brunei Airlines Business class seat reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2013 by R Canty (Australia)

MEL-BKK-MEL. Staff were attentive, efficient and always had a smile. The food was very good and the portions were more than enough. Seats were quite comfortable and almost lie flat. Inflight entertainment was a bit average. We were 1.5 hrs late leaving Brunei due to the aircraft leaving Dubai late, but is was not a big deal. These things happen. Would without a doubt fly with RBA next time. Changing aircraft in Brunei the only negative but for the price you can't complain.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  4 January 2013 by Dave Barfoot (UK)

Heathrow to Melbourne in early December and made the return journey on New Years eve. Neither of us particularly enjoy flying but this was the most enjoyable long haul trip I have done and upgrading to Business Class was money well spent and in my view good value for money. Staff were friendly and helpful, the food choice was good and varied. Entertainment system dated but still some good choices of film. Only drawback is Brunei airport which is very small and limited services which made the 4hr wait on flight home slightly dull! Would have preferred more time in Dubai airport which seemed to have a lot more going on. Overview a great experience that made the long journey more bearable.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2013 by T Arndell (Australia)

DXB-MEL return regularly. Terrible service recently and continues to decline! Reasonably priced but service, seat comfort, food and entertainment have become unacceptable. We were not given a choice of meals despite only being seated in row 2, seats malfunctioned, flights delayed, staff forgot to serve some members of our party, quality of food was dire, inedible in some sectors. Entertainment only offered 2 or 3 movies worth watching and IFE system often needed rebooting. Toilets not cleaned often enough and staff forgot to hand out priority gate passes and customs arrival forms, Brunei airport lounge limited. No longer worth the hassle despite the cheap business class.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by Adrian Holt (UK)

I flew LHR to Melbourne return over the Xmas period 2012. We booked RBA as it was around 400 cheaper than any other airline. Bag drop at the airport was efficient and I highly recommend online check-in as the line to drop bags off in this line was about 4 people vs the 50 or so in the non online check in. The weights for checking luggage was not strictly enforced but hand luggage was strictly enforced. On board there was more leg room than many I have travelled on which was great. Food was tasty although they do run out of the popular items quickly. Adding ice cream for the sweet was a nice touch. The cabin crew were very efficient and helpful. A press of the call button and they were with you within 20 seconds and always happy to help. All crews were far and above in terms of professionalism and helpfulness. I can highly recommend RBA for an efficient, friendly airline.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by Michael Downes (Australia)

Melbourne-London via Brunei and Dubai return. Staff on board were fantastic, using our names each time a meal/drinks were served. Aircraft was a 777 with the Business class seats that just superseded flat bed angled type. Access to all the lounges along the way and back made the total flight enjoyable as the longest stretch was around 7 hours. Staff were friendly and the meals were fine. Certainly better than, or equal to, most other long distance airlines that I have travelled with into Asia.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by Phillip Bell (Australia)

MEL-BWN-MNL return. Best inflight catering I have experienced yet. No alcohol was not a problem, I did take some and the cabin crew provided mixers. Cabin crew were attentive, friendly and helpful. Planes had adequate legroom and were clean. Brunei's airport is small and not much to do, it is about to be renovated. Fully recommend them.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2012 by P Butler (Australia)

Flew to Singapore and returned from Bangkok via Brunei. I didn't know what to expect as previous to this I had never heard of Royal Brunei. I found that economy was surprisingly spacious. Flights both ways were not full so had a spare seat next to me. Meals on board were more than enough however as I am a big eater the flight attendants were more than happy to accommodate this. The stopover in Brunei was only 45 minutes so the actual time spent doing nothing was about 15 minutes. The only problem if I had to pick on was the small screen sizes but in the end it didn't really bother me. Would definitely fly again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2012 by Garry Rowles (Australia)

As a large family group 15 we flew out of Melbourne via Brunei to Manila in late November. I was surprised by the excellent inflight service considering the cost, the food was good and movies aplenty. My only reservation was the small airport at Brunei and the lack of food outlets inside the lounge there, be prepared to pass the time, ours was over 3hrs. The flight home was just as good as going there, so not hard to recommend RBA my best trip yet and congratulations on picking up the ball that those bigger airline companies have dropped and running with it.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2012 by L Hainsworth (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to Jakarta via Bandar Seri Begawan return. Overall my small family and I had an excellent experience. I am usually a bad flyer but staff were friendly and attentive and took care of my child's needs when it came to bassinets and so on. My wife preferred the Boeing 777 aircraft which although they are ten years old, are well maintained and give you better leg space than other Asian based wide body cheaper carriers. Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. I would fly with them again. No alcohol if not an issue for me.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  16 November 2012 by N Hulm (UK)

LHR-DXB-LHR. The most competitive flight direct into Dubai. We were a little apprehensive after reading a few reviews, but where very surprised. The flight was excellent. Seat back entertainment, attentive staff, loads of legroom. Seat was a little hard but nothing else. The food was OK, they ran out of all but fish pie on the outward journey, but managed to fine a veggie option for my girlfriend. It was on time in and out, so we have no complaints and would use them again with hesitation.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2012 by V Holland (Australia)

I travelled on this airline a little over a year ago and during then and now the services offered have deteriorated. The food on the outbound journey from Melbourne was dreadful - biscuits, limp pastries, over salted main meals and no fresh fruit except for one tiny one on the entire trip to London. They have obviously cut back on the quality of the food. Despite the food the seats were comfortable and the staff friendly. It was also a very cheap flight which may explain the quality of the food.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2012 by Geof Gale (UK)

Heathrow - Brunei (via Dubai) - Manila and Manila - Brunei - Heathrow (via Dubai). For the price I paid, was impressed with this Airline. Food was good as was the service. Cant remember a more comfortable seat in Economy. Entertainment was a little ancient, but not an issue for me. The short stop in Dubai was a little chaotic, and can imagine passengers roaming around the airport trying to find their way back to the flight. I think the planes are a little old, but again no issue for me. All in all quite impressed.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2012 by I Packwood (UK)

LHR-HKG-LHR. The airline itself was fantastic, comfortable, the food was good and throughout the night the flight attendants walked down the aisles offering additional drinks. Toilets were regularly cleaned throughout the long flight. Our entertainment wasn't working properly on the way out. There's a stop in Dubai before Brunei, which was annoying walking from one end to the other, not really having any time to get any duty free (they don't have any at Brunei airport as Dry state). The transit stop in Brunei was painful, there's nothing to do. Only one food outlet, which was a coffee shop, the toilets were disgusting. We only stopped for 2 hours! Royal Brunei is a good airline if your main priority is price and you don't care how you get to this destination, otherwise I won't be using them again to Hong Kong - the journey was far too long!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2012 by T Board-Kay (Australia)

Melbourne to London return, Excellent value for money, attentive FA's who tended to our needs especially as we are a very big family of 7 with the children aged 18-9 years. The cabin was clean, and well presented. The toilets were kept clean. The foot rests were a great addition. Inflight entertainment was good, however my eldest daughters didn't work on the way back, but she shared her sisters screen. The food was of a high standard and they supplied nutritious vegan food for me. The stop in Dubai while short was good to be able to get out and stretch, Dubai airport was clean, big, with plenty to do. The 3 hr stop in Brunei was again good to stretch but boring and the toilets were disgusting.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2012 by A Hare (Australia)

We found the Royal Brunei Airline experience was not good for families with young children. The only positive was that air hosts/esses were generally helpful and friendly. In our purchased tickets it said nothing about the additional stopover in Dubai. This was very unsettling for little ones trying to sleep, then had to walk the circuit of Dubai airport, waiting over an hour, only to get back on the plane. Then a wait of 2.5 hours before it quietened down enough for them to sleep. Kids meals were not great, and our children are not normally fussy. Kids entertainment was also poor. I would definitely recommend taking your ipad. Finally as we left Heathrow to travel back to Melbourne we purchased some gifts. Being aware of the alcohol restrictions on the plane I clarified this with the sales assistant who assured me it was ok to take aboard. Nothing was mentioned about the alcohol when boarding on the plane at Heathrow. Nor through the Dubai check. However at the last point it was confiscated in Brunei. Everyone felt extremely frustrated and angry that this was not made clear before purchases were made. Obviously no one would have wasted their money if they knew it would be taken away. Overall, I would not recommend this airline to families with young children.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2012 by Alan Sargeant (Australia)

Bangkok-Melbourne. Quick and efficient check in at Bangkok. Flight left on time for Brunei. Choice of breakfast served early in flight. IFE a bit limited but not a problem on the short sector. Flight from Brunei to Melbourne was about 40 minutes late because of technical problems. Sat on the tarmac for a while and then good flight to Melbourne. Lunch was served at a very leisurely pace and was good food on good china and cutlery. IFE quite good and seats were very comfortable. They made up most of the lost time en route. Service friendly and addressed by name. Changed seats before flight took off and no problems with staff. Business class almost full but service remained good and friendly for the whole flight. They are a three star airline but give excellent value for money and while this remains I will happily fly with them. Baggage did not priority treatment during the unloading phase at Melbourne airport. ( I am not sure if this is an airline or a ground handling problem as it has also occurred on other airlines where baggage is checked in and has to be transferred to a second or third flight).

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2012 by C Piper    (UK)

My wife and I visit family annually in Australia. We prefer to fly British Airways, Virgin or Emirates but have flown Royal Brunei a couple of times. They are a decent enough airline, well priced, and can provide a good stop over in Brunei. However only use them if you don't require any further connections in Oz or the UK. My wife got delayed on the Qantas connection from Canberra to Melbourne because of fog. She missed the Brunei plane and then discovered because it was a Saturday Royal Brunei had no staff at the airport. They did have a contact number in Brunei but this went unanswered for a few hours. Then my wife was put on hold internationally for 20 minutes before finally being told she would need to buy another ticket for a further 600. In the end she travelled back the next day Emirates. We travel a fair bit but this was still stressful and very expensive. Until Royal Brunei can offer adequate customer service at the airports they serve, I would only use them for direct hub to hub flights. Otherwise use BA/Qantas or Emirates who connect through Qantas in Oz, or Virgin who obviously have a connection through Virgin Blue.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8