Royal Brunei Airlines Customer Reviews and Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Royal Brunei Airlines customer travel guide

Royal Brunei Airlines 3-Star Airline ranking

Royal Brunei Airlines Lounge Reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Trip Reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger seat tips

Royal Brunei Airlines Business class seat reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Mike Vale (Australia)

On time flight on both directions from Melbourne to Heathrow. From Melbourne I took on board a half bottle of red wine purchased after customs and that was no problem at all. After always travelling cattle in the past, the fare which I bought on sale several months earlier for only $4,000 return was a bargain. Nice to be served meals on china and linen. When it came time to sleep, on the last 6 hour leg into London, I had no problem tucking in to the duvet with the almost totally flat 'bed' with a nice soft pillow. The whole experience, both directions was impressive, however the plane is getting old and an adjacent Business class seat gave up under a very rotund person. What amounted to a 5 course meal out of London was simply wonderful and when I couldn't decide on which dessert to have, I asked for and was given both. The new Dreamliners will be in operation by the time my next holiday to the UK comes around, and I'll have no hesitation whatsoever in re-booking to travel Business Class to London on Royal Brunei.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Jan Stone (Australia)

We flew RBA for first time and found the whole experience was very impressive. We flew Melbourne to London and returned a month later. The flights were on time, staff friendly , food good, although only criticism was that on LHR to Brunei some dishes on menu weren't available. Didn't worry about no alcohol, plenty of other beverages available. Some passengers had their own wine with them which didn't appear to be a problem at all. The seats, although not completely flat, were much better than I expected and managed to sleep well. The two stops were great as it gave you a break, able to walk around. Brunei airport is being revamped, will be really nice when complete. We would certainly fly this airline again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by D Gunn (UK)

London Heathrow to Dubai - Economy return. The plane was full to bursting, we found out that the flight was flying to Brunei with a stop over at Dubai, there was no mention of this when booking. The plane looked very old, shabby and stained. The entertainment system was very dated. The seats were small and the leg room minimal. In fact a very uncomfortable cramped journey there and back. The food was ok. The crew were the best however and did a very professional job in the circumstances they had to work in. They were very attentive and the beverages kept coming which was a nice change. There was a nearly 2 hour delay on the return flight, with no explanation. I would not recommend this airline and I will not be travelling with them again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by A Samakab (UK)

Very disappointed, we were flying back from Dubai to London on 27th August 2013 and on checking in they told us the flight would be delayed 7hrs. Having a small child with me they did not offer any accommodation, the only thing they were able to give us was food voucher for McDonalds. I will recommend.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by K Brown (Australia)

Melbourne to Heathrow, Aug 2013. The flight attendants were very friendly and obliging, the flight is broken into 3 legs with a 3 hour stop over at Brunei where you change planes, and a one hour stop at Dubai. In the 24 hour flight you only receive 3 meals and drinks are provided throughout the flight, the seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in on any plane I have ever been in. I found the seating so uncomfortable that I could not sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. The Boeing 777-200 is an old plane and should have been taken out of service 5 years ago, to their credit the flights were on time both to and from Heathrow-Melbourne.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by A Sargeant (Australia)

Bangkok - Brunei - Melbourne. Both flights lefts and landed on time. Royal Brunei is a dry airline and no alcohol was served. The food was quite tasty and the portions very adequate. The short flight from Bangkok had older style Business seats and the cabin was almost full. The inflight entertainment was OK and the staff were very friendly and helpful. From Brunei to Melbourne the cabin was lightly loaded and the staff service was very good. The cabin and toilets were clean and comfortable. The entertainment was good although the screens are a little on the small size and the technology a little old. The plane landed early and I discovered after clearing Immigration and Quarantine that I had left my glasses on the flight. I met cabin staff outside the restricted area and they told me that the glasses had been found and how to get them back. I fly with Royal Brunei once to twice a year to Bangkok and then return. The staff have always provided good service, the entertainment has been adequate and the food enjoyable. I find the value for money to be exceptionally good and that is why I continue to fly them.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Luke Brown (Australia)

Melbourne to London Heathrow return in economy class. All flights on time and enjoyed the 2 stopover legs as this is much better. I will agree with other passengers comments that the 777-200 Aircraft on these routes (on lease from Singapore Airlines) are showing their age a little and the IFE system being a very early version but still worked perfectly fine for all my flights and the movies, entertainment all up to date. RBA staff for me were what made this trip so enjoyable, nothing was too much bother, food was good and well-presented and always a decent variety. Staff always friendly and doing drink and water runs throughout all flights. RBA are wonderful little airline, they are not charging anywhere near their competitors on this route. I will most definitely fly with them again and I will also enjoy the lower based fares and excellent service on board.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Sargeant Alan (Australia)

Melbourne - Bangkok. Cabin staff helpful and friendly despite a near full cabin. Food was good but no alcohol (airline is Muslim and no alcohol is served). Seats comfortable although they do not fully recline. Non alcoholic drinks and snacks available on demand. Connection in Brunei was OK. Have been flying RBA for about three years and they represent excellent value for money in Business Class.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by William Buchanan (New Zealand)

MEL to Brunei. Flight delayed, and the whole trip and experience was horrible. There was no warning of a delay. Staff were unapologetic. The plane itself was old, an uncomfortable flight. I suggest you avoid this airline.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Susanne Pennington (Australia)

We flew to London and return with RBA. Will not use this airline again. Service was non-existent. It is well known that when travelling long distances one should remain hydrated. So many times I had to ring for service and ask for water, the plane was dirty - especially the fluorescent lighting that are on the wall of the plane were, on both sides, lined with cobwebs and dead flies - not a good look. Seats would not recline and entertainment system faulty. Certainly we get what we pay for and as such I will pay extra to ensure I have a better chance of enjoying long distance flights overseas.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Robert Kinder (UK)

I flew from MEL to LHR via Brunei and Dubai. I found Royal Brunei to be a very helpful and a good airline. I think the Boeing 777 needs upgrading, the seats are a little uncomfortable. However, I must say the cabin crew are very welcoming and warm in their dealings with passengers. Would fly again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by Janet Mckenzie (Australia)

12th July, flight BI097, arriving into Heathrow 13th July. Left London on 18th July, arriving into Melbourne early morning were we had a connecting flight to Coolangatta. We had a lovely surprise holiday from Australia to London flying Royal Brunei, and all I can say it was a memory we will never forget. From start to finish we were treated like royalty. Nothing was never to much, the service, food, beds, flight and people were lovely. We have always flown economy and never experienced 1st class. We will never fly economy again, spend the extra and get what your deserve, luxury.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by R Strazzeri (Australia)

I flew out on August 14 from Melbourne - London and back from August 2. While the cabin crew were very friendly, attentive and courteous this is where the positives ended. Our flight was 5 hours delayed leaving Melbourne. Ground crew kept telling us we would know what was happening in 15 minutes. Due to the delay and withheld information, many people were going to be unable to meet connections with other flights/services at their destinations. Flight to the UK was arduous, in order to ensure we got to London close to our original arrival time, our stop overs were just long enough to process passengers and refuel. Treated like cattle by ground crews in both Brunei and Dubai. Seats were uncomfortable, my entertainment unit didn't work and the bathrooms were not the cleanest. Not enough blankets for everyone on the plane. I ordered the gluten/lactose free vegetarian meal, I got various versions of ratatouille and no protein at all. On the way back I changed my preference to lacto-ovo which wasn't much better. Flight back was slightly more comfortable but my entertainment unit again did not work and the loos were not kept clean. I do not think this airline is suited to long haul flights at all.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by A Griggs (UK)

Flew KUL-BWN and return. Both flights left early due to Ramadan. The outbound flight was 100% full in economy and empty in Business. The crew were friendly and a hot meal was distributed to everyone who wanted one and for those who were fasting, a meal box was given to be eaten after sunset. On the return the plane only had 29 passengers on board yet the crew continued their high standards and the flight was very enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8