Royal Brunei Airlines Customer Reviews and Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Royal Brunei Airlines customer travel guide

Royal Brunei Airlines 3-Star Airline ranking

Royal Brunei Airlines Lounge Reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Trip Reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger seat tips

Royal Brunei Airlines Business class seat reviews

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Richard Sibley (UK)

My wife and I have recently return from a trip to Melbourne flying Royal Brunei (RB) in business class, this has now spoilt us for any future trips to our relatives in Oz. It is more costly but we think at our age, 66, hanging in the air for 22+hrs sat in economy is a real off-putter and justifies the additional cost. We cannot praise RB enough, flights were on time, the cabin crew very professional and attentive, food was excellent, aircraft cabin clean and well presented. First leg was on the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner, business class cabin was superb, spacious and very comfortable; lay-flat beds and noticeably quieter than the usual aircraft types. Second leg was on an older Boeing 777, once again very comfortable, no complaints. Would we fly RB again, yes defiantly, we would highly recommend them to any one flying to Melbourne and thinking of business class travel.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by A Sargeant (Australia)

MEL-BKK. Flights left and landed on time. Seat was comfortable and angled flat, still got some hours of reasonable sleep between Melbourne and Bangkok. Food choice a little limited but portion size and taste was very good. Film selection not very good. Luggage did not get priority coming off the line in Bangkok - this seems a common complaint where airlines go through B to get to C. Staff very attentive and pleasant. Business class remains excellent value for money which is why I continue to fly them.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Stringfellow Geraldine (UK)

14/11/13,BI 098.15/11/13, BI053.22/11/14,BI054,BI097. Just wanted to say how impressed I was with RB I have just returned from Melbourne, the first part of journey was on an older plane but from Brunei it was their new Dreamliner 787 and the aircraft is lovely, great entertainment system I watched 3 films during journey! The service was really good and the food. I flew with Singapore Airlines last year and would say that RB are just as good and were 300 cheaper! I will definitely fly with them again and just hope the fares stay low!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Ednie Dale (Australia)

I started using RBA in 2012 and will continue to do so. Having flown Melbourne to Bangkok 3 times in the last 18 months I am very impressed. Having used Business Class with 2 other airlines RBA wins hands down for serviceability and price.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Ben Smith (UK)

LHR-MEL via Dubai and Brunei. Flew on the new Dreamliner (787) and from Brunei to Melbourne on 777. All flights on time, the new Dreamliner aircraft is a joy to fly on, food was lovely, IFE faultless and crew friendly. The 777 is showing its age, but all in all excellent value for money, will use royal brunei airlines again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Durbridge (UK)

London to Brunei. A dry flight, so no alcohol on board, however you can take your own onboard to drink, but when disembarking in Brunei it will be taken off you. I couldn't fault the service, this was no difference to other airlines I had flown in business. The food was somewhat basic, but still of good quality. The aircraft is an ex SIA 777, so the layout was old, 3 rows of 2 seats, the seat transforms into a comfortable bed, duvets supplied. Brunei to Manila, served 3 course meal, which was better than the ones I had on the previous flight from London to Brunei. Business class seats on A320 which reclined to a very comfortable position. I could not fault the staff and service.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Keith Fagg (Australia)

This was our second trip with Royal Brunei - first Melbourne to Bangkok return and now Melbourne to London to LHR return. In all, eight flights in past 18 months. It is hard to find fault. While 777's are a tad ageing - with occasional minor seat maintenance needed - overall our experience has been excellent. Cabin service has been attentive and responsive, use of our names always appreciated. Meals offer good choice and quality high. Entertainment offering is more limited than other airlines but it appears that their new 787's will have a wider range. Non-service of alcohol is not an issue. Business passengers have access to Etihad Lounge at Heathrow which is excellent although shared lounge in Dubai is not of same standard. If doing the full journey, try to break at Brunei - plenty to do over three or four days and good accommodation offering.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by K Cox (Australia)

Just back from a trip to England. I used Royal Brunei, Melbourne to Heathrow return economy. It was an excellent service from beginning to end, I had two stops which was good. I will defiantly travel with them again, such good value. Food was good and all the staff were caring and helpful.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by A Bartlett (UK)

I flew with Royal Brunei because the were offering an unbelievably cheap return to Melbourne from Heathrow at the time I wanted to fly. For approx 750. I knew what I was expecting so wasn't upset that there was no onboard alcohol sales. Relatively comfortable with a good selection of IFE, although the unit I had on the leg from Brunei to Melbourne was faulty and required multiple restarts to get it working. The food was surprisingly nice but the drinks service was a little lax and frugal, my request for a drink took 30 minutes before receiving the same amount again. The frequent stops helped break up the flight and were a welcome hiatus from the cabin where the air could get quite stale. Overall I'd recommend and fly again with Royal Brunei, especially if I'm on a budget but would consider spending extra if it meant getting that bit extra that comes as standard with other airlines that fly this route.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by L Bree (Australia)

We flew business from Melbourne to Bangkok via Brunei within the last month. Decided to fly business as the price was better than others on the same route. In perspective it offered good service for the money. The Cathay Pacific lounge in Melbourne is adequate and comfortable. On boarding you are offered a drink (non-alcoholic of course) and hot (very hot) towel. Shortly after take off you are given a menu to mark what you want and then offered a series of magazines etc. The entertainment system worked fine, the selection adequate. Meals were huge, you could have five courses then snacks also if you wished. The service was excellent going, with less in the cabin (business) but coming back it was full and the two people serving were struggling. I asked for a duvet instead of a meal coming back and I was eventually given that when the meal service was complete which was not my aim (I wanted to sleep through service). Anyway it was fine really, the price was right and it was a comfortable easy flight. The staff are very nice, Brunei airport is small but functional. Arriving our bags were first off which was very nice and on arriving back in Melbourne were given a fast pass but that didn't matter as the plane was the first international that landed.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Paul Sprich (Australia)

MEL to Heathrow return business class. I chose Royal Brunei based mainly on price but also friends experience but was still apprehensive. They proved to be a very good choice and certainly equal, on balance, to most full service airlines. From a service point of view I did not have one bad leg and the staff were very attentive - at least equal to Cathay and Qantas and better than the European carriers. The food on all legs was good. I had a special meal order and on each leg a crew member discussed it with me just after take-off. The 777s are about 12 years old but are in very good condition. The seats, whilst starting to show their age, are inclined flat beds and if you can't get comfortable and sleep well, particularly with the big pillows and doona then you may just too picky. The IFE isn't the latest but does a reasonable job. I took and iPad with my own selections and the seats accept a standard power connector so no need to by special attachments. They use the Cathay business lounge in Melbourne, a shared business lounge in Dubai and the excellent Etihad one in Heathrow. I've flown business class with most of the major carriers and will have no hesitation using RB again.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by L Aaron (Australia)

You get what you pay for. That's basically it for RBA. I chose RBA for my journey from MEL-LHR for price and punctuality. I was not disappointed in that aspect. Had a close call during the stopover in Brunei but we made it in scheduled time to our destination, LHR. The planes are old. My estimation, around 15 year old planes. Entertainment unit was a gamble. The row I was on did not have a working entertainment unit from Brunei to Dubai. Several restarts did not help which to me was just a delay tactic by the cabin crew. As we boarded the plane in Dubai, the new cabin crew was informed and we were moved to different seats with working units. Cabin crew overall was average as we weren't attended to a couple of times probably due to the small indicator LEDs. Food was good on the 1st flight from MEL-BRU but went downhill after that. Brunei airport is depressing. No delays on the return flight. Will I fly with them again? Only if the price difference with other airlines are considerable. This time it was around $2k for 2 person.

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by K Pascoe (Australia)

My Husband and I travelled from Melbourne to Hong Kong with a stop over in Brunei. The staff on the 7ish hour flight from Melbourne to Brunei were lovely. They constantly came around with drinks, and were happy to hand out blankets and pillows. Plus, they handed out peanuts. The only problem was that the headphones they supplied wouldn't go into the plugs in the armrest, but I used my own with no problems. The flight was great, one of the best I have been on. Entertainment is a little limited if you compare it to someone like Emirates, but it is a cheaper airline. Provided good movie choices, some TV and music and some games. Flights from Brunei to Hong Kong and back again were on smaller older planes. They still served a full meal despite it being a much shorter flight, and the entertainment was drop down overhead TV's. I don't have a problem with this on the shorter flights and usually take my own entertainment anyway. On the return flight to Melbourne it was an overnight flight. Blankets weren't provided but handed out when people asked. They were also around quite frequently with drinks and I had no complaints on the food either. I am vegetarian and am a little hard to please, but I was quite pleased. No problems with the toilets on board. Clean whenever I went, and I couldn't smell them at any time. Only complaint was of course the bathroom facilities in the Royal Brunei terminal in Brunei. Terrible! My suggestion would be to use the ones in the shower rooms as they were a bit cleaner. Would fly with Royal Brunei again no problems!

Royal Brunei Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by R March (UK)

Just arrived home from Melbourne. Travelled Business class and was most impressed. The cabin staff were very polite and efficient. Aircraft Clean including toilets. The food was ok a few choices on menu. I will fly with them again good value for money.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8