Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by J Howsam    (UK)

Economy - LHR to Melbourne. Boeing 777-200/300. Flying through middle east is slightly shorter than the traditional stop in Singapore or another Asian city, and Qatar is about as good as economy class gets. The food was excellent and the drinks and snacks service, which came several times on the longer Doha-Melb leg the noticeable difference with other full service airlines. That and they still give you the little toothbrush and socks. That longer leg to Melbourne is also overnight in both directions which is handy for sleeping and staying on your body clock. Oryx entertainment system also excellent although the TV shows lacked variety. For my regular trips home to Aus I'm now to looking to Qatar first.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Peter Lewis    (UK)

Flew LHR-SIN via Doha. Flown many times on Qatar, always in J class. B777 is superb, but older Airbus A330/340 product not as good but believe they are having interior upgrade to newer B787 style - we flew our first B787 on the initial LHR-DOH leg and it was fantastic. Could not pick a single fault and as a plane geek it truly is an amazing aircraft, made the B777 feel almost outdated which is crazy as they are still fantastic aircraft and so spacious. Both were less than a month old! Qatar lounge in LHR is a real treat-up there with the BA Concorde Room in my opinion - worth getting there early just to enjoy the food, wine and ambience. Looking forward to the new Doha airport as current transit can be a bit of a bore, but would still chose to fly Qatar above any other airline despite the connection. Great fares, and now Oneworld membership make it a no brainer for me and my family.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by W Skyler    (USA)

I flew with my family from Washington Dulles to Perth Australia. The aircraft was clean, comfortable seats. When we got to Doha it was a 7 hour layover in a crowded airport and we were delayed by an hour because one passenger didn't show up, however staff on the flight to Perth were helpful, good food once again and good service and legroom on the plane. Will definitely use it again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Hill Roger    (UK)

Perth to London via Doha. Perth to Doha, Boeing 777 had reasonable legroom. Service adequate, meal selection poor. Doha - London, Boeing 787, restricted legroom with impediment under seat in front. Again, meals not great but good service. Both legs on time. Had to change flight 10 days before departing Perth at great cost.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by A Kessler    (Malaysia)

Geneva-Doha, Doha KL on 29th/30th Jan 2014. Embarkation at Geneva was smooth and efficient. The flight attendants were most attentive and the food excellent. Arriving at Doha and going to the Premium Transfer complex is a breeze. Food, seating capacity, showers, it is all there and certainly a notch over most other airlines' premium facilities, I would say. Had a few hours to spend in the Premium facility and time passed quickly. The flight from Doha to KL was excellent also: flight attendants present and anticipating your needs. The food very good indeed. My only problem with the Airbus 330-300 is the angled seats when trying to sleep. I thoroughly dislike them, as there is not much space to put things away, and one is not lying flat (I need a flat surface for medical reasons). I don't understand why the seats are angled in the Airbus, but not on the 777? I hope to fly again with Qatar, but on their Boeing 777, rather than on their Airbuses.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Henning Hansen    (Denmark)

CRK-DOH-CPH on March 22-23. A330 and B787. Clean Planes and fine service onboard especially from Clark. And plenty off room at B787 from Doha to CPH, even in the middle row. The Airport In Doha is not the best, all the bus driving to and from the planes is annoying.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by B Morris    (UK)

LHR-DOH-COK. While the outbound flights were comfortable, with clean planes and reasonable service, our return flights were terrible. It all seems to depend on how busy business class. From the start, checking in at Cochi airport took such a long time, since the person at the desk seemed to have a difficult time checking in our bags through the London. As always, the business lounge in Doha was packed. The main problem was on our morning flight from Doha to London. When breakfast service finally started, we were informed that only 2 of the 5 mains that were listed on the menu were available. They were a choose of pancakes or waffles. Basically not much of a choice. When I asked if I could get more fruit or muesli, I was told 'No'. The snack that was offered just before landing was also very limited and nothing of interest. Overall, the in-flight service was terrible. Their response to my comments about the lack of choice for breakfast, was that if I wanted a special meal, I should have requested one. I would not recommend flying them in any class, given their poor in-flight and customer service.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by A Aweidah    (Palestinian Territory)

AMM-DOH-AMM in economy both ways on 777 ER 300. Plane in excellent condition, very clean and seats extremely comfortable with plenty of leg room for a big guy like me (I am 6 ft 2). Inflight entertainment excellent with plenty of choice. The only real let down is the food which was terrible both ways and overwhelmed staff who did the bare minimum. The buses to the plane in Doha are a nightmare and it took over an hour to board the full 777 which resulted in a minor delay. The new Hamad airport should solve this pretty soon. The price was cheap, I would definitely use them again in economy especially in long haul since the comfort they offer beats out Emirates or Etihad any day. European carriers business class is worse than QR economy.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

Singapore to London (via Doha) Economy on 21-22 March 2013. QR 939 (77W) and QR 009 (A346). Boarding was a bit slow at Singapore Changi Airport but once on board seats were wider than most airlines and plenty of legroom! Staff were extremely professional, towels and sweets handed out before take off, meals promptly served upon departure, cabin crew brought drinks regularly to customers etc. Touch screen IFE on the 77W was excellent though not as many choices as their Mid-East competitor Emirates. Smooth landing in Doha before midnight. Connected to QR 009 four hours later onto a A346 - service was once again excellent with regular drinks services and meals served promptly. The IFEs on the A346 were older but choices of movies the same as the 77W. Seats were once again comfortable but this time there was less legroom and seat width. Landed in London on time and bags on the belt within half an hour. Extremely pleased with the service and excellent value for money.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

Paris CDG to Singapore (via Doha) Economy on QR 38 (A346) and QR 938 (B77L). Boarding was fast at CDG and flight left on time. Service on this flight was excellent - crew brought drinks regularly, meals were served as soon as flight departed Paris and snack was give before landing at Doha, and always a smile on the faces of the crew as they went around the cabin. There was leg space and seat width on the A346 but luckily for me the flight was not full and I had a whole row to myself. IFEs were older but nevertheless selection of movies were good. Extremely smooth landing at Doha before scheduled arrival time, transfer to the terminal took about 10 minutes but once inside was able to connect to my next flight to Singapore with time to spare (I had a 1 hour 25 minute transit). QR 938 to Singapore on newer B77L, flight was even emptier than the last so another row to myself as well. Seats wider on this aircraft with lots of legroom. Service was excellent once again, towels and sweets passed around, drinks came regularly, breakfast served after takeoff and snack served before arrival in Singapore. Flight landed ahead of time. I would certainly recommend Qatar Airways and look forward to flying them again on my next trip - the airline is really going places especially with the new Hamad Airport set to open its doors within the next year or so.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

NBO-DOH-SGN on 29 March. Airbus 320 (3x3 seat configuration) and 330 (2x4x2 seat configuration), respectively. Aircraft's neat and in good condition. Flights on time. Announcements were good. Staff attending and try their best, though rarely suggest outside the box. Priority members highly respected, recognized, and acknowledged. FAs hardworking and attentive, call buttons answered quickly. IFE good but not of my priority. Night-flights after midnight serve no dinner in economy, very annoying for me. No beer options, only a trivial Heineken is offered. What a pity as the world have so much better options to offer. Doha airport still a nightmare packed and imprisoned in busses without information or reasoning. A 2-days delayed bag from my previous trip was not compensated.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 March 2014 by Chris Hall    (Australia)

Melbourne to London via Doha. Late leaving Melbourne by 2 hours, we missed the connection at Doha. Waiting at Doha airport gave me time to check the departure boards and every single plane was late departing. At times there were nine planes waiting to takeoff. We boarded our plane on time but then waited 70 minutes before it took off. It was a tired old A330, clean but hopeless AV system with controls fastened to the side of the seats which were difficult to operate. Immigration at LHR was prompt but we waited for more than an hour for our bags! Doha Airport just cannot handle the increased number of flights as Qatar Airways increases the number of flights. This can only get worse until they get a second runway.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by R András    (Hungary)

NRT-DOH-BUD, Tokyo to Doha was on a 772LR. The service was excellent, with choices ranging from Japanese dishes to westerner, quite nice selection of wines as well. Inflight entertainment was good with plenty of movies to chose from. Even though the seat wasn't a fully flat bed I had a good sleep and woke up rested before landing to Doha. The next leg to Budapest was on a 321, not bad but you can't compare it with the business class from the wide- bodied aircraft's. Overall I would recommend flying Qatar Airways, I had a good experience.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by R Wiegmann    (Germany)

FRA-DOH-DXB-DOH-FRA. First 2 and last leg on 788, DXB to DOH leg on A320. Overall good experience, 788 is a great plane, clean toilets, nice seats, good IFE. Excellent wine selection which you often only find in First Class of other carriers. Food was poor, no taste and little selection. That was better when I last took them. Staff were great on all flights and hopefully the transfer in DOH will one day be without busses. However: Staff in Frankfurt on check in as well as in DXB (both contracted) were unfriendly, not interested in helping and the look and feel of the check in area was in both cases shabby.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by T McLaughlin    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to Melbourne in December. First time travelling with Qatar Airways, was not disappointed. Our seats were very comfortable and the service was first class. Looking forward to our next trip with Qatar.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Kim Ly Khim    (Canada)

Montreal, Canada to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The service was more than I expected, helpful crew. I had time to visit Doha at night during my transit. From Doha to Phnom Penh, the flight was also agreeable but I was disappointed that no message was made for boarding. One hour before departure, I started seeing people getting in line to embark. I waited until the last moment and mentioned to the Qatar staff that I didn't hear any announcement for boarding, was that common practice? The staff member replied that they usually made an official announcement but this time they had not Besides that, I really enjoyed flying Qatar Airways.