Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 December 2013 by V Loras    (UK)

London to Doha in business on the new Airbus. Our flight attendants English wasn't very good and they were not as efficient as other airlines. My dinner was overcooked and too salty. Staff were very kind and gave me a different meal. I had issues with my TV. It kept cutting out the entire flight. The beds are rights next to one and other. I was lucky as I was traveling with my husband, but if I was sleeping that close to a stranger I wouldn't have enjoyed it. With other airlines you can put up a screen which you can't do on this plane. Worst inflight TV selection I've seen on a plane. Old movies and only a few new western release movies. Arrived into Doha for a 6 hour stop over and the Business Lounge is already looking very tired. Qatar would not be my first choice next time I fly. Up side: Amazing pyjamas and toiletry bag.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by J Clifford    (Australia)

Have just completed 2 very much anticipated legs with Qatar Airways, Paris to Doha and Doha to Melbourne. We were so disappointed which is hardly what I expected to be saying here Used Air France La Premiere lounge in Paris although nice had limited food offerings but comfortable. Boarding, welcome and crew great but meal uninteresting and veal tough. Only served with rice. It did do the trick though as required no dessert. Cabin was not cleaned prior to landing. Our arrival in Doha was delayed which meant the long anticipated use of the Premium Lounge was not met as by the time we were bussed to terminal we were told we had to board in 10 minutes. No seating as lounge full to overflowing, toilets dirty and two lots of security ate into our very limited time. Back on the bus and our flight to Melbourne. Greeted warmly and seats fantastic and for us that was where it ended. For first time Qatar users we were not informed that to eat we had to request and subsequently very little food actually offered for a 13 hour plus flight. When food was finally requested due to extreme hunger and no chance to eat at Doha we were told there would be a long wait as crew were resting. Very little cabin presence throughout flight. Pyjamas offered and most passenger used them but only saw one bed made up by crew. All in all not quite what we expected and if this particular flight is anything to go on will not fly with them again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by E Irgens    (Norway)

Doha - Oslo. Attentive but unobtrusive crew. The 787 business class seat is outstanding, and the entertainment screen is huge and sharp. Such a shame they fail horribly with the remote control/user interface. It is very slow and unresponsive. Whenever I tried to pause a film, it would instead jump to the middle, and I'd spend a lot of time fiddling and trying to get back to where I was. Several TV-shows (new), were of such low technical quality they might have been VHS recordings. The never-ending commercials that take over the entertainment system at the end of each flight are quite annoying. And please come up with a "do not disturb" solution. I don't like being woken up for a meal if I'm finally asleep.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 December 2013 by P Stephenson    (Australia)

Sitting in the lounge at Doha waiting for the leg of my trip from Perth to London. Wanted to quickly comment on the first leg. Flight very full (probably sold out) but service slow even despite this. Normally trays removed immediately but left sitting in front of us for nearly an hour. No extra drinks offered. Request for blanket never materialised. Vegetarian Hindu meal very average. Entertainment very good. Note for those looking for an upgrade: had a phone call on the day of flight asking me to go first class on following day's flight. Unfortunately couldn't do it but worth knowing it can be offered.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Pavan Leonardo    (Italy)

VCE-DOH-MEL. The VCE-DOH leg was on a A320: comfy seats, however not the full flat bed, which is fine considering that it is only a 5.5hrs flight. The DOH-MEL was very comfortable, full flat bed, very nice amenities from the pyjama to the slippers to the toiletries; very much appreciated the larger bathroom, very good AVOD. Service has been gracious and attentive all the way through, food served was tasty and freshly prepared. The business lounge in DOH welcoming and with a good food variety, a lot of space for everyone and good facilities. Pity that you have to take the shuttle from the aircraft to the airport and return, but I'm sure it will be resolved with the new terminal. I must add that I was a bit taken aback by the behaviour of the staff upon arrival in MEL: some paramedics and public health officers boarded the plane as soon as the gangway was connected and the flight attendants seemed to be very unprepared to handle the traffic flow of passengers off the aircraft and the boarding officers: very bizarre!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

NBO-DOH-MXP and return. Flights on time and check in smoothly. Outbound: No lounge access given in NBO despite lounges are becoming restored upon the fire in August. NBO-DOH: Small aircraft A320. Onboard: Food plenty, 2 options given for dinner. Drinks also plenty. Wines are the same 4 which has been offered for the recent 3 years. No options to select beer apart from Heineken. Juices few and no innovations for years. IFE on A320 (NBO-DOH) ridiculous (overhead monitors showing soap). Premium frequent flyers identified and respected by crew, given some preferential options (food, luggage, seating). The A330-200 flights (DOH-MXP-DOH) were also pretty full. IFE good. Service OK to good. Note for QR flights departing after midnight, that only breakfasts are offered in economy (three choices, though). Champagne served MXP-DOH. MXP lounge used by QR was excellent with a super view to the runways (separate review). DOH-NBO: Upgraded to business class as economy was full/almost full. Excellent service. Dinner served 01:30 - 4 options for hot main dish. Two class-champagnes offered and high-class wines as well. 10 of 12 seats in business were taken (of which 2-3 were assumed upgrades). No lie flat but OK for 5 hours flight.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 December 2013 by Elmasery Fayez    (Canada)

On time, comfort, safety, excellent service and professional crew on all flights - YYZ-JFK-DOH-DXB and return DXB-DOH-LHR using Qatar Airways and last leg LHR-YYZ with AC. Hoping one day will fly direct from Toronto.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by Gerung James    (Singapore)

Taken the flight from SIN-DOH-BUC and back. Uses Boeing 777 for SIN-DOH and Airbus 320 for BUC-DOH. Overall, the plane quality and cleanliness are good or above average but in regards to the facilities, the USB port on the seats on all airlines seems not to work properly. It doesn't charge properly. It may seems small matters but arriving in a destination without working phone is troublesome and unable to contact anyone in emergency. Service on the BUC-DOH was rude and ignorant. Request for flight attendant was turned off without questioning on the issue.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by S Renato    (Italy)

First time with Qatar from Venice to Kuala Lumpur via Doha. Outbound flight with an A320 as amended (less seats) with super space between the seat and the seat. My children have been pampered for the whole journey both outward and return flights. Clean air, great food. Only problem the return flight from KLIA was 3 hours late. However, a great company.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by G Buchanan    (UK)

Flight from Manchester to Bali (8/11/13) was a pleasant experience with fantastic crew on both legs. We even got a honeymoon cake on the first leg. Not a problem with the airline at all, just some rude travellers flying with us. MAN-DOH Airbus A330-200 a bit tired but by no means old, DOH-DPS Boeing 777-200ER modern aircraft and comfortable. The return journey, however, was a shambles (20/11/13). Denpasar to Doha with a stop in Singapore. DOH-MAN was a great flight although slightly rough, arrived one hour early and the head Flight Attendant was very very pleasant with me and made me feel comfortable despite my fears. Older aircraft and a fair few AVOD systems not working, including my own for the first 30 minutes of the flight. All they could do was reset it.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 December 2013 by S Hameed    (India)

Traveled with my wife JFK-DOH-Cochin last month. Overall the flights were okay but to the food quality has nothing special. The service of cabin crew was good and satisfactory. Having traveled long haul flights with Qatar Airways before, I am used to their service which is good.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax