Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Neil Barker    (Australia)

On my third return trip from Melbourne to Munich, via Doha (777 MEL to Doha and 787 Dreamliner to MUC) over the last two years, I found the airline to be still offering a high level of service and comfort to its passengers. The standards are high, and Business Class on the Dreamliner is something special. The Business Lounge facilities at Doha are also a highlight. Would recommend this airline to anyone contemplating a trip to Europe in the future.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  15 February 2014 by G Stef    (Iceland)

I and my wife were on flight London-Doha-Bangkok, economy, Jan 8th and return Feb 7th. The flight, service, food etc. were good, but we expected more space between seats. For a long haul flight it is inconvenient to have the seat in front of you almost in your arms and sitting in the window seat causes a lot of disturbances when trying to move from the seat. The ticket price was fair and we arrived on time.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Mark McCullough    (UK)

LHR-DOH-CMB, 31 Jan. 777-3 on both sectors has a superbly spacious and comfortable lay-out. LHR-DOH was 1 hour late, giving more time to enjoy great lounge, but arrived DOH 15mins early and was the best J class flight I've ever had. Catering was superb, but it seems you had to ask for afternoon tea service. DOH transfer was fine: yes the coach is slow, but you're sitting comfortably and you get a view of the action of a busy airport. DOH-CMB also left late, but there were no apologies or reasons from captain, and no attempt to make up time en route.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Mark McCullough    (UK)

CMB-DOH-LHR, 12 Feb. Excellent 777-3 first sector, then less good, less spacious, not horizontal seat but acceptable A330-3. Both sectors left and arrived late, without reasons or apologies from captain, which is slack. Breakfast on 1st sector could have been better and more substantial, as most pax would have had very early start to get flight, and lounge at CMB didn't offer much. Boarding at CMB is hectic, but J class pax were told to push their way to the front! Would be better if they called you from lounge after the melee had died down. Short transfer was fine at a quiet mid day DOH. LHR sector crew very nice, but service procedures could be improved - they needed reminding to serve my partner and I together, so we could eat at same time. Angled lie flat seat was OK for daylight flight. You had to ask for fast track immigration invitation. J class bags came last at LHR, not QR's fault.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by J R Hubbard    (Bulgaria)

QR219, 4th Jan. Having been a Privilege club member for 10 years, I have seen the standards of service and quality of catering markedly decline. I flew Sofia-Doha last week. Having identified myself to cabin crew as a club member, instead of being given an early choice of menu items I was told, when they served dinner, that my first choice was finished. However, they somehow rustled up my first choice, unfortunately it was inedible. Wine, which used to be served in proper half bottles, is now dispensed in plastic cups, my request for a second glass was granted rather grudgingly.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 February 2014 by A Harsh    (India)

Flew on 12th Jan on Doha - Bangalore sector. Affairs at Doha airport are not as exquisite. Check in area is dull. No airbridges means we had to shuttle in a bus for flight that was to take off right on time. Saw Dreamliner marking near tail and had mixed feelings of excitement and fear. 10 min into seating and pilot announced some technical snag. 10 more minutes and he announced that the wind shield had cracked and we that the plane can't take off. Surprisingly, QR managed to arrange alternate plane of exact make, sat us comfortably and took off in an hour. Food and IFE were perfect for 4 hrs long flight. I did not miss my connection from Bangalore. Wanted to shop for a few things in-flight but unfortunately they had run out of stock. We fly for safe and on time travel. QR managed to satisfy that need in-spite of the glitch.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 February 2014 by A Longden    (UK)

On 2 legs of a 4 leg trip the airline did not have enough food choices to accommodate business class passengers, which is unacceptable. On one leg (Doha to London), several women who were seated in business class but had children in economy class - these children were allowed to repeatedly run through business class cabin disturbing other passengers. These passengers also repeatedly ignored safety instructions, viz seatbelt signs and mobile phone regulations. Overall, flights were on time and otherwise comfortable. We would also comment that the boarding arrangements at Colombo were complete chaos with no separate boarding for premium passengers - a total free for all. Finally, on one leg (London to Doha) my wife's inflight entertainment had no sound.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 February 2014 by R Maddalozzo    (USA)

Flew VCE-DOH-CMB and TBS-GYD-DOH-ORD. Friendly and extremely helpful crew, great entertainment and affordable price. I've flown them four times already and would recommend.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by R Carlson    (UK)

Flew Business class from Nairobi - Doha- Manchester this week and were very disappointed with lack of facilities at Nairobi. A recent fire meant there was no longer a lounge facility available but as premium passengers we were not offered anything in recompense. Even a voucher to enable us to get some food and drinks at the two upstairs cafes would have helped but on enquiry we were told that business class passengers were to get nothing just as the economy passengers. Thankfully the flight in an airbus A320 was comfortable and we were well looked after and the same could be said of the Doha - Manchester sector.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by H Jensen    (Denmark)

CPH-DOH-SGN and back, 4 flights in total. Good product consistency. Crew helpful and reacting quickly on all call bells by passengers within 1-2 minutes maximum. Bar and food service great. One could though, wish there were more after dinner liqueurs apart from just brandy. Rest of bar service is very good with choice of 2 red and 2 white wines of good quality, even free (and real) champagne in Economy, impressive! CPH-DOH-CPH, 787 Dreamliner, seats narrow. DOH-SGN-DOH A330 and more comfortable. Bathrooms kept tidy at all times with lotion and eau de toilette. Current airport in DOH is a nightmare and destroys the whole superb inflight experience. All in all excellent!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Thomas Wengler    (Denmark)

BKK-DOH-BKK in Business Class, January 2014. First leg was on the 777-300ER and was fine with very friendly and attentive staff. However, staff had no idea about where we should go when we landed and I insisted that they were wrong about where they were sending us as we were having a one night layover. However, staff insisted that we take the bus and get off at the Premium Lounge. This was of course wrong and we had to wait for a new bus to take us to immigration. Several movies were not showing on the plane but still it was ok. Personally I do prefer Emirates as they seem to have better entertainment onboard and better service. I only used Qatar cause they had joined Oneworld Alliance.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Lucy Earnshaw    (UK)

MAN-DOA-MEL return. I wouldn't fly with anyone else now. First long haul flight on my own and I thought it was fantastic. Thought the aircraft's, the staff and the service were great. Looking forward to flying again with them.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax