Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Mark LaPrairie    (Bhutan)

As a million miler with one of the Star Alliance carriers, this was my first time on QR and I was completely underwhelmed. QR837, BKK-DOH overnight. Business cabin half full, yet call button repeatedly went unanswered. FA screwed up my breakfast (so I got none). Flat bed seat seemed to curve downward at both ends and had lots of hard metalic edges which required an additional blanket to soften. Meals were minuscule. I understand small portions on an overnight flight, but if you are hungry, you are out of luck. I'd heard so much about the fabulous first and business class lounge in DOH. I must be in the wrong place (even though I have been told by two staff that this is the only QR lounge in the airport). What a disappointment. No particularly comfortable seating, very little privacy, meagre drink and food offerings, no organized system for getting a shower - seems to be catch-as-catch- can. I wonder if their famous premier lounge I'd heard so much about is under renovation or something. I expected much more than this.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Harish Jagannath    (USA)

My family did a European tour so we flew HYD-DOH-LHR and on the return FCO-DOH-HYD. First, the flights between HYD-DOH are single aisle on A321, feels cramped, IFE is just passable, but food was a big let down. We arrived at the brand new Hamad International airport so the airport experience was excellent, although very quiet. On flights between DOH and LHR (on A340-600) and FCO-DOH (on A330-300) there was a problem with the air conditioning at DOH so it was like an oven until the flight took off to LHR. In FCO, the flight was parked in the middle of nowhere so the boarding experience was terrible. IFE was a shocker - no touchscreens and an inspiring collection of movies and shows. The food was terrible. On the bright side, cabin crew were friendly, the seat configuration and space factor was really comfortable. Again, on the down side: no mood lighting, no hot towel, no menu card, and plastic spoons and forks is not what I expect from a five-star airline.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by H Zhang    (China)

I flew from London Heathrow to Guangzhou Baiyun. The trip was the best economy class long-haul flight I have had. Starting from check in, I checked in online the night before my trip. At the airport the ground staff who checked me in were very friendly. Because I had a short transfer flight to catch 1.5 hours after handing in Doha, they put a label of rapid transfer on my checked in luggage. The first flight from Heathrow to Doha, only 30% of the economy class were seated and basically every passenger had a row to lie down. The dining service was great, cabin crews were extremely nice, even though you ask them to get you another drink several times, they didn't have any printed forms of menu, they present you a menu on your personal IFE screen. The flight to Guangzhou was pretty much the same but with less choice of food and more crowded.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by I Orosz    (Australia)

BKK-DOH-EDI and LHR-DOH-BKK. First leg was on 777-300, then 787 and 319 from LHR. Service is first class. Seat is wide and comfortable, only thing was that they did not provide any mattresses so the seat was sometimes a bit hard. The 319 from London is an excellent experience along with the impressive LHR Lounge. Overall, Qatar Airways service is very impressive.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Gordon S McDougall    (Thailand)

As frequent flyer from Azerbaijan to SE Asia and Australasia over the last 15 years I'm delighted that Qatar now fly from Baku, cutting out the change in carriers. Lounges: Very poor. GYD, DOH and BKK are not pleasant. Emirates leave you so far behind in pre-flight care. Boarding: At both GYD and DOH when flying to GYD it is a scrum. No pre-boarding for BC and very little interest in premium passengers until we're onboard. I pay a lot of money for my flights and I expect a little bit more than QR provide here. Inflight: Staff are great, service excellent, movies and videos don't change often enough and food is a big problem. Many customers have been traveling for a long time before the airport and when you put us in a lounge where the snacks/food is atrocious, we are looking to be fed onboard. To wait six hours for a breakfast is ridiculous given that you only provide a snack after boarding. All in all, not bad, but some of your rivals really are so much better in many aspects. At least you provide genuine BC seats in the short haul sectors unlike some other carriers. If Emirates started flying into GYD tomorrow, you'd lose me and most of my fellow passengers.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by S McNeill    (UK)

I booked six Qatar Airways flights, which were from London to Bahrain, via Doha. In general, I have no adverse comments to make about the economy service and the crew have always been pleasant. In fact the economy service is better with Qatar than a lot of other carriers. However, it has been a nightmare on all but one flight, with the air conditioning not working on the ground during boarding either in London, Doha or Bahrain. As boarding takes a long time the temperature in the cabin reaches a very high temperature due to the confined space and the amount of people on board. Then the crew close the doors, and still there is no air con switched on. We taxi out and now there is minimum air coming through, but the air is hot, not cold. When I have asked the cabin crew what is happening on these flights, they always say the same thing - it is like this on all our flights and the cabin won't get cool until we have taken off. Such a shame because their economy service is good.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Pierre Jean Trebuchet    (UAE)

DXB-DOH-CDG. June 26th, afternoon flight. New Hamad Intl Airport was most welcome for this Ramadan travel back to Europe. QR lounge for Glad and Silver transit passengers in Economy still not available, but this glitch has been compensated with 5.000 Qmiles and a $30 gift voucher. Good staff on both leg but food was inedible (Chinese style fried beef with rice and vegetables), just like in a bad canteen. Nice beverage selection and great staff however, despite a very rude hostess on DOH-CDG leg. 77W equipment was also highly appreciated.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Charles Kennedy    (UK)

LHR-DOH-NBO. First leg was in business, disappointed to find Qatar, are still using angled lie-flat seats in business class, a curse I thought has lifted from all decent airlines. It is probably easier for a customer to learn to fly than it is to find a comfortable sleeping position in these things. Another gripe, the entertainment system wasn't working at all. I was happy to read but another very basic omission from an airline that promises so much. Finally, despite the potential of an a la carte menu, which most airlines only offer in F class (if ever), the food was completely without any flavour at all. On the other hand, the fish may have been bland but the cabin crew were the catch of the day, not only kind and helpful, but also intelligent and articulate. Transit at the new Doha airport was easy and the building itself is stylish and functional - can't wait to come back. Finally, the flight to Nairobi in economy on an A320 was great, three choices of food (my vegetarian curry was very tasty) and working IFE meant I could finally catch up on two movies I hadn't been able to enjoy on the first leg. Both flights on time.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Jose Montoya    (USA)

MLE-DOH-JFK: The MLE-DOH segment was on an A320 (my least favorite aircraft) but the First class configuration was brilliant and extraordinarily comfortable. I am die hard Boeing individual but the 4+ hours on this airbus were great due to the comfortable seat great service and absolutely seamless experience flying Qatar was in this segment. From DOH to JFK I was on a 777-300. Honestly, every star given to this airline is clearly deserved. Staff are professional. Great entertainment (but now even horrible American carriers have it) and yes, kudos on the right temperature of food and champagne (concept foreign to all American carriers).

Qatar Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Jose Montoya    (USA)

QR702, JFK-DOH. Impeccable experience from comfortable seat to the most professional service in the air I have experienced. (Yes, included the usual suspects: Emirates, Etihad, Cathay. I have never flown Singapore or Asiana, but all American and all European). I cannot imagine myself flying some else when traveling to the ME and beyond.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by SzeKer Chew    (Malaysia)

Pleasant trip for both outgoing (KUL-DOH-MAN) and incoming trip (LHR-DOH-KUL). For outgoing trip, it was a red- eye flight at 3.30 am, QR 851 (KUL-DOH), Airbus 330-200, with USB port near the arm rest. The journey was smooth without any turbulence. Two nice meals were served - snack was served once onboard and breakfast was served before landing. A small pouch was given to all passengers which include eye mask etc. IFE was nice with touchscreen features and plenty of movies and songs. The transfer at Doha New Airport was a breeze although I needed to walk quite a long way from the landing gate to the transfer screening. Next flight would be QR 23 (DOH- MAN), Airbus 330-300, without USB port. This aircraft looked a bit old but the seat pitch was much better than the previous one. IFE was nice without touchscreen features. Two meals were served - breakfast was served once onboard and snack was served before landing. For incoming trip, QR 004 (LHR- DOH) at 1505, Boeing 777-300ER, with USB port. Two nice meals were served - lunch was served once onboard and snack was served before landing. IFE was nice with touchscreen features and plenty of movies and songs. The seat pitch is good. Next flight would be QR 848 (DOH - KUL) at 115, Airbus 330-200, with USB port. IFE was nice with touchscreen features. Two meals were served - snack was served once onboard and lunch was served before landing. For all flights, beverages were offered a few times along the journey. The cabin crews were very attentive whenever there was a request from the passengers. They would do their best to fulfil the request and they eventually did most of the time. I will go for Qatar Airways again!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Dupré Lombaard    (South Africa)

Cape Town to Barcelona: QR 1366 on 18 June 2014 Cape Town to Doha. QR 139 on 19 June 2014 Doha to Barcelona. After reading many less favourable reviews on Qatar Airways, we feared the trip when we were delayed at Cape Town before even embarking. However, a pleasant crew, outstanding service, a well maintained Boeing 787 an on time landing in Doha changed our views. The transfer was quick and easy and the onward flight to Barcelona as good as the first. We will follow the route again!

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Hirshfield    (USA)

Flew Qatar from BCN to Doha, the new airport, then from Doha to BKK on June 1, 2014. I was in business class. The first plane was an Airbus 330 with Lie flat seats. The service was fantastic! The seats were extremely comfortable, the monitor was quite large. Everything about this flight was wonderful. Next segment was on a B777-300 and the seats had even more room! Fantastic lie flat beds, excellent service. They don't feed you like they used to, but the meals were fine, service was very good. I would highly recommend this airline and service. You had tons of movies to choose from that were all recent releases as well as some older ones. The inflight entertainment system was very good. The monitors were at least 16”. They offered me pyjamas on the second leg to change into, they provided very nice pillows and blankets on both flights as well as a nice amenity kit.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Aplas    (South Africa)

13/14 June 2014. CPT-DOH-LCA. First flight (CPT-DOH) on a new 787, I was very excited for my first flight on a Dreamliner but was rather disappointed by the poor seat pitch and width, being 1.9m tall (6'2) I was very uncomfortable and unable to sleep the whole way. The movie choices were also disappointed being very old and not updated to the current months entertainment suite. Food was very good, cabin crew were sweet but seemed extremely flustered. Second flight (DOH-LCA) on an old A320. First thing I noticed was there was no inflight entertainment which was very sad, however it was a shortish flight so not a big issue. For the most part cabin crew were very nice, except one lady who was rather obnoxious and put a sour taste in my mouth for the rest of the journey. Luckily flight was only half full so I had an entire row to myself. Extremely good fare on entire trip.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Mumford Patricia    (Australia)

Flight from Doha to Melbourne was excellent, most comfortable bed I have encountered in Business Class. Service meals and Pyjamas all exceptional - Flight QR904, 22nd June 2014.

Flight QR210 - Budapest to Doha, 21st June. Appeared to be a very old plane, seats were hardly much better than economy, hardly any foot room, I am rather a large person (which is why I chose Business class), but the seat belt didn't fit, table wouldn't come down across my stomach, TV was too uncomfortable to watch and anyway my earphones didn't work (seat 1A), so very glad it was only a 4 hour 50 minute flight. I couldn't eat anything as the table was too uncomfortable. The Flight crew were very pleasant though, so pleased I was transferring to a 777 at Doha, I couldn't have stood being in that plane for any longer. The onward flight to Melbourne was amazing and would recommend Qatar for Doha/Melbourne leg (unlucky I got that aircraft I guess).

Qatar Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Linda Olsen    (South Africa)

QR 1365, DOH-JNB - lounge access but disappointing, food available was very poor. Messy and not appealing or comfortable. Left my laptop in security in DOH, was not able to return to look so security followed up but to no avail. Pilot was patient but still they did not find. On route to Johannesburg they found it and put it on the next flight, then on to Cape Town for us where we were able to organize a courier to return to us in Plettenberg Bay.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Entwislte Simon    (Thailand)

Taif to Doha, 18 June, TIF-DOH, QR 1207. Doha to Bangkok, 18 June, DOH-BKK, QR 822. The first leg was First class on an Airbus 321. Small aircraft and got shaken a round a bit during fine weather. The service was outstanding. Only 2 people and a family. The cabin supervisor went out of his way to please us. No Alcohol on the first leg. The second leg fro Doha to Bangkok was again exceptional service. The food was hot of and extremely high quality by any restaurant standard yet alone up in the air at 39,000 feet! The cabin staff were pleasant, always had a smile and nothing was too much trouble. Both the supervisors and staff on both legs should be commended for their efforts. The new airport was a pleasant surprise with no buses. No problems accessing the premium lounge, Plenty of drink and food available even though it was a little bit busy. Be prepared to walk a long way to get there and to the gate. However they give you plenty of warning when you are due to board. They scan all passengers in the lounge. You should not be overlooked. Best of all was the smoking lounge where in this politically correct world we live in was a bonus. It is isolated so those of us who wish to smoke can do so in peace. Hats off to the entire experience. I will choose no other airline if it flies the route I am taking. The new airport is big and will take some getting used to.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by O Lefevre    (France)

Flying Paris to Bangkok in business a few days ago. Amenity kit is really poor, the food is not adapted to the schedule, the wine list is not as good as to be excepted (bad champagne served too hot), no business lounges in Doha (for more than 6 months), usage of very bad lounges in Paris or Bangkok. The real good points are the staff and the seat.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Philip Mcdaid    (Australia)

Perth-Doha-London, 23rd May. Barcelona-Doha-Perth, 8th June. All on 777, apart from Barcelona-Doha on 330. 777 comfortable and great seat pitch. 330 comfortable but entertainment remote in awkward position in armrest. Flights on time. Crew generally very pleasant and reasonably efficient. Food from Perth to Doha lovely. Then breakfast on arrival and departure from Doha which were fine but nothing special. Food on both return flights really not good, didn't eat much of it which is not like me! Strangely, didn't mind the old airport too much this time despite the long bus trips. Returned through the new Hamad airport which seems like a big improvement especially the aerobridges but didn't really feel fully finished, seemed like half of the lights still weren't functioning yet. Overall a reasonably pleasant trip especially given the good price we got the tickets for.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by D Upton    (Australia)

A real mixed bag - some staff friendly and courteous, with good English language skills, and some staff having none of the three, and being flat out rude. Most planes do not have enough toilets on board, with long queues being common. Food standard quite decent for a plane, but drinks service is not nearly frequent enough. I waited two hours during a flight for someone to come past with the little drinks tray that they usually provide, and in the end had to push the call button to get a drink! It took them 10 minutes from the button being pushed to arrive. The amenities kit is excellent, with the ear plugs being a rare and thoughtful addition. Not sure I would fly again, not with so many other options available for similar money.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by A Cianetti    (Italy)

FCO-DOH-BKK and vice versa. Finally a new hub, but after I've traveled this month with LH, AF and BA I had a lot of expectations. No meal menu on 3 of 4 flights. On the 6 hours night flight the second meal was served very early (more than 2 hours before the landing), so no one was able to rest.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

SGN-DOH-NBO on 14 June 2014. Metal was A330-200 and A320, respectively. Both flights on time. Lounge access granted in SGN and DOH due to my status card to the airline. Got the seat I wanted and when on board I got assistance by FA to remove intruders encroaching my row. Opportunity to flat out on both sectors. A dinner served after midnight was of poor quality (warm snack), but edible. Champagne offered in economy class upon request. Staff alert and welcoming. New airport in Hamad, Doha is still a mess, too many staff that don't know how to help, lots of bottlenecks, too few toilets, too few lounges (many pax denied access due to fully crowded lounges). Those denied were given “gift-vouchers” which force them to queue up for long time to actually get them. Many regional flights and “small destinations like NBO are still not accessed directly by gates but require the usual, awful, humiliating, imprisoning bus-rides. QR are still delivering, FA and ground staff are world class. However, the food quality is sliding a bit, and the concept on board could need some refreshing. No choice on beers. Wines are acceptable and provide 4 choices plus champagne on some sectors.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Lam Kok Wai    (Singapore)

Six of us took the segment from Singapore to Doha, followed by Doha to Sao Paulo. The 787 that flew us from Singapore to Doha was brand new and very comfortable. The long flight from Doha to Sao Paulo was comfortable too. The flight didn't feel long as we were sleeping quite comfortably, and there were lots of TV programs/movies to tie us through. Much more comfortable than we thought. Both flights have USB charging point so you can charge phones/laptops. Crews were friendly. The seat that I was on (Doha-Sao Paulo) had faulty inclination though, it couldn't sit straight. Would be good if such defects were rectified prior to the long flight as I could not sit upright during take off and the stewardess thought that I didn't follow the instruction.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Frank Mauz    (USA)

KIX-DOH-DXB. Truly a 5-star experience, even in economy. Excellent fare. On KIX-DOH leg with 330 Airbus, wide seats, plenty of leg room. Two complete, delicious meals with choice on flight departing 11 pm, arriving 4.30 am. Friendly, hard-working cabin attendants, Nice amenity bag, excellent variety of seat-back entertainment. On DOH- DXB leg with 321 Airbus, served breakfast on one-hour flight. New Doha airport was not ready, so experienced "unique" bus transfers from and to aircraft in the middle of the desert-handled efficiently.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Al-Ani Ayad    (Austria)

Degrading the Business Class experience at the new airport in Doha, and Business Class passengers will no longer have automatic access to lounges at departure and transfer - I know of no other airline doing this. Under the old regime Business Class passengers regardless of their loyalty status benefited from a separate terminal that provided a very good seating area, separate check in and boarding facilities. At the new airport, this is currently not available, and no lounge access to all Business Class passengers. Lounge is only accessible if you are a gold or silver card holder even if you paid a full price business class ticket. They indicated however, that you would be able to access the lounge by the way of paying an extra fee! Flight experience on the other hand was fine. Crew is very good. Entertainment systems breaks down and needs to be restarted. New seats are very good too.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by M Sidhu    (UK)

QR006 from London to Doha then onward to Amritsar (India). Flight from Heathrow was poor. An old airbus A330-200. The seat pitch was bad. Not comfortable. The IFE was ancient. The control was fixed in the arm rest so navigation was hard and you had to press it hard a few times in order for it to function. The Hollywood selection was good but the world cinema choices were poor. The food was exactly the same as I had 2 years before on the very same flight. It was tasteless. The crew were good, just did what they had to. The flight from Doha to Amritsar was much better on a new Airbus A321. IFE was faster and easier to use but same movies. Arrived on time in India. On the return, the flight was overbooked at Amritsar and after much confusion, was put on Air India which was surprisingly better than Qatar Airways.