Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Modak Sanjay    (UAE)

JFK to DWC via DOH. Managed to get first row economy bulkhead seats for self and wife. Found myself sitting next to some sort of bodybuilder guy whose biceps extended over into my space. When they announced all pax on board, we swiftly moved over to the centre three seats and took up aisle positions with the centre seat empty. Flight was decent but the IFE was abysmal. Poor choice of movies and entertainment. We were among the first to transit the new airport in Doha - thank goodness no more buses! Marked improvement over the existing airport. At JFK, we got 5K miles extra because the Silver lounge was not ready yet but we used our HSBC Premier cards to get into the Oryx lounge. Decent service, clean cabins and bathrooms maintained well. Food could do with an improvement and the IFE needs a complete overhaul.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by O Zenik    (Australia)

25th April, QR 905, MEL-DOH. 28th April, QR 904, DOH-MEL. Very boring IFE. Food and staff were good. Value also good. Seats were bad and not comfortable at all.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Doug Caldwell    (USA)

London to Doha, Boeing 787. Qatar Airways sets the standard for luxury business class with this airplane, and it was the best experience I've had in many years. First class lounge at Heathrow Terminal was fantastic, fabulous good, great wines and nice staff. Onboard the airplane, brilliant business class cabin and nice color scheme. I had a single window seats and truly private - better than most airlines first class. Meals served individually table style and food was good, with a great selection of wines. Staff very efficient, they don't smile much though, but are courteous. The in flight entertainment had massive choice of movies and tv programs. Downside was arrival into Doha with long bus ride, but the new airport is flagged to open this week, and that will top this off as the best business class out there.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Sandy Shi    (USA)

BOS-HKG via Philadelphia and Doha. When we arrived in Philadelphia, we needed new boarding passes so went to the Qatar Airways counter for them. The attendant said that there was something wrong with our ticket, boarding passes cannot be issued and only US Airways can fix the problem. She sent us to the US Airways counter without telling us what was the issue. We went over, stood in line for 45 minutes, waited for someone. Of course, nothing was wrong. We went back to Qatar Airways, for sure the issue had cleared and we were all set to board. We wasted over 90 minutes for no apparent reason. Philadelphia to Doha was delayed severely due to a bathroom issue. Doha Airport itself was small and messy, with the new Hamad Airport opening 27 May, it will probably get better. HKG-DOH with Cathay Pacific, we were upgraded to Premium Economy free due to overbooking. The seat was very comfortable. The in flight entertainment system was more responsive compared to Qatar Airways. DOH-PHL I slept through most of the flight and my husband most of the flight. I don't recommend this airline unless you are flying business or first class, where Qatar Airways actually value you.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by M Shamin    (South Africa)

JNB-DOH-BCN return. All flights on time, early into JNB on return home. All flights on newish aircraft, comfortable seats and nice meals. Staff on night flight were not present in the cabin as much as I would expect, but the rest was nice and attentive. Doha airport was bearable and quite quick connections both ways, but can't wait for their new airport to finally open. Didn't use the IFE myself, but my partner was impressed and watched endless choice of movies.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by S Harding    (UAE)

AUH-DOH-LHR return. 90 minutes delay at DOH waiting for late connections/congestion. Things will improve with the new airport opening 27th May 2014. The pilot did apologize and water was passed around, but it was very hot. It is hardly becoming a 5* airline to operate aircraft with defects that impact on passenger comfort. The system did not work for the safety video and a manual demonstration was provided, which appeared hurried and rather perfunctory. Missed connections at DOH for myself and others, and the horror of the Doha Airport transfer desk. Only the attendants on the first leg welcomed me onboard as a Gold Card holder.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by F Paul    (Australia)

1st time flying with Qatar. Flights were from Perth to Dusseldorf. The flight was OK, food was enjoyable, but the list of inflight movies where old, and not that many. All announcements where done in both English and Arabic, which get annoying, especially the videos of the same safety procedures interrupting the in-flight entertainment. All flights were delayed, some by over 1 hour, which does not help with tight connections. Missed our flight from Berlin to Dusseldorf, for which they took over an hour to get us on the next flight, which we almost missed again. Lost our luggage as well, at least it turned up the next day. Our return flights were also delayed. It may have been cheaper, but Singapore Air does it best. Also Doha airport is not great at all.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Eu Jin Song    (Malaysia)

As a frequent flier who travels on business on average of once a month, I was rather disappointed to note the poor quality of the cabin crew on both legs of my recent Business Class flight onboard Qatar Airways. The crew were indifferent, cold and impersonal. There was no initiative shown by the cabin crew, no greetings upon boarding or as the meal was served, no offer of newspapers or selection of reading materials, service was inconsistent, with the crew (with the exception of the inflight supervisor) unwilling to engage in conversation. I mentioned being hungry at 11pm for a 8.30pm flight departure, and was rudely told the Captain had the seatbelt sign on. Dinner was finally served at 11.45pm. The plate service does not work, as between the first pax being served and the last could take as long as an hour!! Too much time spent in the galley, and not enough walking the aisle. Food was good but not fantastic. The inflight entertainment offered all the choices to be expected, but the navigation was a little ungainly with the mouse like cursor. The seat was similar to other airlines offering a full flat product. Happy to note that Qatar still provided pyjamas and a small overnight bag, which many other airlines have discontinued. Overall my disappointment with the cabin service overwhelms what positives I obtained from a good lounge in Doha and efficient check in service.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

NBO-DOH-BUD on 19 May 2014. All flights on time. Check-in was done well - I had two tickets and 4 sectors in front of me – only the first 2 sectors were with Qatar Airways but they managed to issue all 4 boarding cards thus the last two sectors were with Turkish, who are in Star-alliance. Also the luggage was checked through beyond Budapest –- a nice touch. First leg on A320 night flight, load only 60% - thus offered 3 seats in a row. Nice touch is that they offered 3 options of dinners (instead of breakfast) thus the clock was 2 am. I had red-marinated sea-bass as 1st main-course and as there were plenty of food left as many were sleeping, I had rice and chicken as a 2nd main-course. Staff were proactive and I was greeted by name again by at least 4 FAs. Wines in mini-bottles and of reasonable quality. DOH-BUD A321. Flight full, except 1 seat next to me. I was greeted and respected as Privilege Club Gold Card holder. Morning flight with 3 options of hot food. I chose the vegetarian omelette. Champagne Jacquart upon request. Juices and coffee ad libitum. I was explained by the chief purser on QRs new booking system which make it possible to combine tickets and transfer luggage across airlines, many sectors, and different alliances. IFE good, though my monitor froze an hour before landing.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by U Colombo    (South Africa)

CPT-DOH-MXP-DOH-CPT. Big surprise was QR122 MXP-DOH on A320-200 aircraft where the old uncomfortable seat have been replaced with lie-flat ones! Well done Qatar Airways, being a six hours night flight it made a difference. DOH-CPT on new Boeing Dreamliner was a good one. Pity a technical glitch kept us on the tarmac in Johannesburg for an extra three hours with little said from the captain. Overall a positive experience with a competent and professional cabin crew.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Peter Otto    (Germany)

MUC-CRK-MUC. Flight was very, very good. In time, good Entertainment system. Only point: I flew at night. I had to wait long until they served dinner and I could get a nap.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Khan Muhammad    (USA)

I flew on a connection from JFK-FCO-DOH-LHE. The ticket was a combination of Alitalia and Qatar. Excellent flight from JFK with Alitalia, very impressed with their new business class. Of course when I arrived in Rome, it was the traditional European lounge which was decent for a 3 hour layover. I have been flying Qatar for the past 6 years now. As soon as the flight was announced for boarding I didn't pay attention at that time, Qatar airways ground staff came and assisted me to the aircraft with a very friendly attitude. The moment I entered the cabin they knew who I was and escorted me to my seat. The cabin manager then came, introduced herself to me and thanked me for being their loyal Qatar Airways member. Throughout the flight the cabin crew were very friendly. 7 hours journey, great food great hospitality. Landed at Doha Airport, again separate terminals for First and Bus class passengers, was treated very well and acknowledged by everyone for my membership status. Took a shower in the lounge and 2 hours later boarded for LHE. Again great service till LHE and enjoyed every minute of my flight. Etihad and Emirates should learn from Qatar Airways. Looking forward to their new Airport soon.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Zelda Gilpin    (South Africa)

I flew 4 long flights with Qatar Airways. Their staff are friendly and helpful. The seats are comfortable and have enough leg-room. The food was tasty and more than enough. The entertainment on board is some of the best. Even the help at the airport was great, we never worried about getting to the right place. Qatar even booked a hotel room for us at a 5 star hotel at no extra cost, as we had a long stop-over in Doha. This was really great as we could have a shower to freshen up and have a quick rest in a comfortable bed. I will recommend Qatar Airways to anyone.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by P Mercer    (UK)

LHR-DOH-BKK-DOH-LHR. On the first flight there was a family consisting of husband, wife and children, all in business, but with a number of maids and a baby in economy. During the flight the maids were constantly coming into the business section and squeezing between the seats and using the toilets. When I asked the cabin manager whether it was Qatar Airways’ policy to allow economy passengers to walk around the business cabin he said it was not but this particular passenger was listed on the manifest as a ‘VVIP’ which meant they could do nothing about it. At one level it was an excellent experience – the quality of the food in both the lounges (LHR and DOH) and on the aircraft was remarkable and the cabin crew were consistently friendly, responsive and effective. The Boeing 777 seats were comfortable and the IFE varied and stimulating. All of the aircraft were clean and although one of them was getting old there were no signs of wear. Qatar Airways wants to sell itself as the ‘World’s 5-star airline’ but it must ensure that it behaves like one and not allow its VIPs to let their staff enjoy the business cabin without actually paying for it.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by T Vernet    (France)

CDG-DOH-NRT return. Y class. QR deserves its five stars. FAs were always smiling, very helpful, and some of them truly friendly. Extra drinks I ordered were never forgotten. Food was above average for Y class. IFE is excellent with dozens of films and lots of languages to choose from. But I was most of all impressed by the DOH-NRT flights on B777-200: the planes were brand new, seats very comfortable with good legroom, the cabin is small and stylish for Y, IFE perfect, food very tasty from NRT, and the crew largely Japanese were fantastic, as well as the ground staff at NRT. Without doubt the best Y flight I made in many years. On the downside, A340 were ageing, organisation of meals was often weird (too short or kept for too long), temperature in the cabin was curiously always badly managed (too hot or too cold) and most of all Doha's airport is awfully crowed and dull. New airport will be a major improvement.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by L De los Reyes    (Qatar)

Flew from Doha - Hong Kong via airbus A330. I will definitely try to avoid this aircraft of Qatar, the aircraft was an old one based on the looks and the seat was really uncomfortable. I sat on the pillow and blanket just to make it feel better. The inflight entertainment isn't as entertaining as before.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by D Walker    (UK)

Very good service providing the price. Staff are very helpful and very attentive to any request you put to them. Entertainment was good but kept disconnecting / freezing during the flight but was always fixed. On our connecting flight from Doha to DXB the rear toilets were not in use and the door kept slamming open during the flight. Overall I would use Qatar again considering the price.