Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by W Simpson    (Thailand)

Travelled BKK-DOH-EDI on 10 Sep and was impressed with all aspects of QR. Use of THAI lounge at BKK is a real let down. Inflight service excellent. DOH Business Class lounge excellent. Returned EDI-DOH-BKK on 15 Oct. Flight departure delayed by 1 hour, which caused some anxiety, given a 1.5h stopover. But this was made up so there was a 55 minute stopover, allowing us and our luggage to connect successfully. Inflight service on both sectors excellent. Boarding at DOH chaotic, with no accessible separate boarding at gate for Business. Food is OK, but not exceptional. But any downsides are certainly made up for by service which is above and beyond.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Takizawa Emilio    (Brazil)

My wife and I flew GRU-DOH-SIN on 21/07/2014. The first part GRU-DOH, we flew out on a 777-200LR, it was clean inside and we loved the full flat bed. The other part DOH-SIN on their new 787, a first time for me on the Dreamliner, excellent airplane. Very good seat pitch and width. We had a excellent staff service in both parts. Flight attendants readily and frequently serve you drinks or snacks. Food was tasted fresh and the best airline food we have tasted quite frankly.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Arrie    (Malaysia)

Decided to travel Business Class SGN-FCO-SGN last summer holidays (May/June 2014). The experience was great. Hubby and me + 3 kids aged 8 months, 5 year-old and 9 year-old. All the crew were really helpful with the kids. They even allowed my baby to sleep on the unused seat. I cannot imagine how tedious it could be travellling with 3 kids, but surprisingly, everyone in my family was more than comfortable flying Qatar Airways. Will definitely use Qatar Airways again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by B Bernhard    (Germany)

Fairly disappointed. First class seat was narrow (much smaller than others like LH, LX on the same aircraft type). Crew not proactive, need to request everything. Food mediocre (compared to Asian airlines in F), no pyjamas, no F lounge in DOH (C lounge was relatively good, food offerings look impressive but everything is pre-cooked and dried out. Entertainment system needed rebooting and was unreliable.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Ishaan Lamba    (India)

I've traveled a lot of times to London from New Delhi via Doha and have always enjoyed my experience. The food is good. The entertainment systems provide a varsity of options. The window seats in economy can be a bit inconvenient as there's some plane's equipment under every window seat.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Geoff Harris    (UK)

Qatar Airways has really gone downhill, at least from the UK. I have flown with them several times to Asia over the last 8 years and it was OK but last week I went to Dubai via Doha. Unless I have got a lot bigger, the seats are cramped and uncomfortable and designed so that when the person in front reclines, you have hardly any room. The food was average too. Then, I had only one hour to change at Doha and had to literally run to get my connecting flight to Dubai as the airport is quite big. Exhausting. On the way back, the check in lady at Dubai told me the flight was quiet (it wasn't) and again the seats were really cramped, so much so my leg ached. The inflight crew were bossy and you very much were made to feel like a second class citizen in Economy. They couldn't even serve you a cold beer. I will book Emirates next time.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Browne Philip    (UK)

Manchester - Doha, business class plane was A330 in good condition. Seats were comfortable and everything worked as it should. We were greeted by name and cabin crew were attentive and friendly. Dine on demand but I was not impressed with the food offered although the wine on offer was very good. Took off on time and landed on time. Have travelled previously with Qatar and am a frequent flyer member but I feel that the level of service is slipping.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Browne Philip    (UK)

Doha to Colombo. Plane was a B777 and appeared to be almost new. Flight was 20 minutes late being pushed back and then we spent 30 minutes riding round the airfield, no announcement why we were delayed. Business class only half full so service was excellent. Food offered was uninspiring but drinks were good and were refilled regularly. No comfort pack supplied on this flight. Seats were very comfortable and the 777 is, in my opinion, better than the A330.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Browne Philip    (UK)

CMB - DOH, used the business class lounge at Colombo, food was cold and of limited choice. Plane was A321 of reasonable standard, business class was half full. Seats were uncomfortable and the leg rest could not be raised when the seat back was in the upright position. Meal provided was reasonable but not business class standard. Not overly impressed with Qatar on this flight.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by G Taylor    (UK)

Edinburgh-Doha-Male return. Check completed in under five minutes but surprised no fast track through security, Qatar use the No 1 traveller lounge, adequate but nothing special. Boarding was quick and staff apologised for small delay whilst a family with young children boarded in front of us. We flew the Dreamliner and had chosen window seats specifically with my partner seated directly behind me. Seat was very comfortable and the general cabin ambience was excellent, the cabin layout is 1x2x1. Served a very nice rose champagne after boarding, food, choice of wines and entertainment all very good. Crew excellent and very attentive, flight departed on time, was a bit concerned as we had a fairly tight connection but we arrived early into Doha - security was a breeze with a dedicated Business class area and we passed through in under 5 minutes. Had time to make a quick visit to the new lounge and very pleasing on the eye. Onward flight was on an A320 with the newly refurbished cabin, seat excellent and very comfortable - even managed a few hours sleep. On arrival and departure from Male they now have a fast track desk for Business class passengers. On return through Doha Business class immigration processing took around 20 minutes, the queues for Economy were fairly large and doubt those in that queue would clear in anything under an hour. Checking in at Doha on the return was very quick and Hamad Airport pretty special, small queue in front of us so asked to take a seat for no more in 2-3 minutes and a staff member came over and assisted us with the bags to check in. Had more time to see the new Al Mourjan Lounge this time, it's very large, good choice of food and lots of seating although at 06.00 it was very busy. All in all great experience and would have no hesitation flying Qatar on future trips.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Brian Homewood    (Australia)

Flew PER-LHR in Economy early August 2014. Aircraft PER-DOH B777ER. Plane was fairly new, clean and comfortable, a good flight. DOH-LHR was supposed to be a B787, but was changed to an A340 with no notice. Originally selected 2 seats together (window and aisle) these were changed to 1 window and 1 middle row several rows away. Only found out at online check-in. Managed to get 2 seats together with negotiation with other passengers. Cabin staff did not assist. Return LHR-DOH, again supposed to be a B787, was changed to a B777ER. Plane still OK but older. Again seats changed (2 together this time) with no notification, and further back than originals. Food a little better than average, and cabin staff attentive. Seat leg room good, but seemed hard. Overall, a good airline- Doha airport is big and roomy, but few places to get coffee if you have a wait. No alcohol, but that is expected.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Browne Philip    (UK)

Doha - Manchester A330, seemed to be a new plane, very clean and seat material bright and comfortable. Business class was full. Took off bang on time and was informed that dine on demand was available. When looking at the menu it seemed that there was only a choice of snacks or omelette and chicken sausage. Companions IFE did not work and had to be reset four times. For a seven hour flight I was very disappointed with the food offered. Flying to Thailand in February 2015, I will not be using Qatar for this journey.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

HAN-BKK-HAN on Boeing 777-300 on 1 and 4th October 2014. Flights on time. Check-in in Hanoi and Bangkok smooth and excellent. Lounge access without problem (as gold card holder). Lounge in Hanoi suffer from dormant staff busy with own activities but the airport view is gorgeous and food is plenty, though mainly industrial. Onboard recognized and nourished as gold member. New wines in economy and for the first time after 50 flights with QR, they changed the beer to Foster from the usual Heineken. So a boring brand replaced by an even more boring brand. However, hot snacks were tasty, service on board excellent and caring. From BKK till Hanoi 3 days later I was upgraded to business class by 8 only Q-credits (from Privilege FF-Program). What a pleasure in the Airport as fast track gives you better service. The Lounge (they use Thai Airways lounges) was very spacious and quiet, but no wines nor champagnes were offered. Food displayed nicely but hardly acceptable except for loads of Chinese dishes (all Chinese tend to go to Thailand these days as they are not welcomed in Vietnam). The QR flight (got seat 1K in a 2x2x2 configuration) and service onboard was very, very good and matches that of a 5-stars airline as Qatar retains.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by P Read    (UK)

London to Doha return. Economy class just average no signs the five stars advertised on TV. Seats are fine if you manage to avoid the numerous seats that have a box in the foot space. Entertainment system is old and tired. Better with your own tablet. Food basic. Cabin service very slow on both legs of my journey and staff seemed very tired and stressed. Flight almost on time and baggage all safe and sound.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by R Woodhead    (Thailand)

Bangkok to Manchester return via Doha 12th and 19th September. The new Doha airport is of course a great improvement on the old one but some issues still continue: checking into the flight at the gate meant pushing 250 people into a space designed for probably 100 rather an unseemly start - it wasn't possible so many of us had to wait until some had got on the plane. The privilege club silver lounge was hard to find I was sent from one lounge to the next [visiting 4 in all] before I found the right one - the staff seemed confused about who could use which lounge. Now that Qatar have joined One World I may change to Finnair as their prices and travel times are better than Qatar. All in all Qatar is a good product.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by P J Trebuchet    (United Arab Emirates)

A short SHJ-DOH return experience on September 21st, 23rd. Overall a very good product excepted the extra-low quality on food (snacks) served on board. A generous 30kg luggage allowance applies, increased by extra 10kg offered to Gold Privilege Club members. New HIA Doha Airport is really efficient and comfortable, also, new Business Class lounge is really fantastic, despite of a poor dining offer. Nothing you can compare with grotty Flydubai or Air Arabia's crockery.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Patricia Carey    (USA)

My husband and I flew a promotionally rated flight(s) from Chicago to Doha, and onward to Dubai, on 9/14. We then returned on an early flight from Dubai to Doha, and back home to Chicago, on 9/20. QA is a wonderful airline, and we had lots of room in the 777 for our main flights. The flight coming back was packed and the crowd was kind of unruly to board. We were in the back of the plane so among the first to board, other than people with kids and first class, etc. It was a 14.5 hour trip from Doha to Chicago. A passenger behind us took it upon himself to to chastise my husband for reclining his seat back. We changed seats later, as I prefer the aisle. The flight was (other than the passeger) was great - great service, leg room, entertainment and good food as well. All trips on QA were great.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Priyanu Two    (Germany)

QR060, MUC-DOH-BKK on 6 September. Boeing 787. I have flown Qatar Airways many times already and always have had a good experience. Started of rather good but then the cabin came to take my dinner order. I asked to have red wine with my dinner after take off, however, nothing came until I had finished my dinner. The cabin crew said that they had been busy. I was not very impressed with the service but it was only on this particular flight and this particular cabin crew that did not know how to provide a proper service to a premium customer. But my flight from Doha to Bangkok everything was excellent. Therefore on this occasion I would only give Qatar Airways 5 stars out of 10 on Trip Satisfaction.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by C W Li    (USA)

Among world class airlines and its 5-star competitors, like Cathay Pacific, Qatar definitely holds its own. This past summer, I took a trip from Philadelphia, US to HK, and the overall quality is definitely quite exceptional. The seats were comfortable enough considering the long flight, the leg room was decent for economy class, and the food was at least a step up from average. What stood out the most was their customer service, both onboard and on theground. Flight attendants readily, and frequently, serve you drinks or snacks. There was a mishap in my journey, in which I was stuck in Doha for a day, one of the three options I was given. I will never regret it. They provided complimentary stay at a cozy hotel (along with 3 meals!), and I got to see the beautiful city. The only slight drawbacks was the longer-than-required duration of the flight (not direct route, and trip from PHL to DOH was an hour late), and the arrival / departure time gap is short enough to cause problems if the first flight is late but how it played out made it worth the while. Overall, worthy of being a top international airline and recommended. Will fly (am flying!) with them again.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

QR771 from GRU-EZE on 12 Sept. 777-200LR aircraft was in good condition. Boarding was organized with families with kids first and people with special needs. Then Business class and priority customers. The flight originates in Doha so there were people on-board already - they aren't required to disembark on the transit stop. Economy was around 80% full while Business looked 30-40% full. Flight attendants were great! Super friendly - handed out headphones and served a very good meal of either chicken or pasta. AVOD entertainment is fantastic - the 2 1/2 hour flight went by quickly. Bags were unloaded by the time you cleared immigration and I was in a taxi in 20 minutes after disembarking. Always love to travel on Qatar Airways.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Ahmed Nash    (Jordan)

QR401. AMM-DOH. Flight departed earlier than the scheduled time, which was good because I had less than 1 hour to catch the next flight. However, two young passengers seated next to me made me uncomfortable. They jumped, stood on chairs, played with their food, annoyed the passenger in front of me, cried, crossed my seat just to peek into the window, and my bag under the seat was nearly drenched in coffee. The food was ok (chicken, potatoes, green beans in soy sauce). Overall, it was a nice flight. QR844, DOH-KUL. I had more than enough time to catch my next flight. It was not a full flight so I got the whole aisle row to myself. For the first time in my life I could lay down completely on a flight. The food was great (noodles, again in soy sauce). The sandwich offered was OK. One of the FAs was nice, we had a chat during boarding.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Junaid Hussain    (UK)

DXB-DOH-MAN one way with 2 kids, 7 Sep. Short flight to Qatar was ok, staff friendly and helpful. DOH-MAN - plane older, but bassinet seats good for kids. Seats uncomfortable to get any sleep in economy. Staff very helpful throughout journey. Food was excellent, tasted fresh and the best airline food I have tasted quite frankly. Good activity pack for kids.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by R Raj    (USA)

We traveled from Philadelphia to Singapore this summer. Flights were enjoyable both ways. Crew was excellent, but at times they get too comfortable and not attend to basics - my little one did not get a toy or anything, though the attendant paid much attention to one family with a baby on our flight back from Doha to Philadelphia). The first issue we had was with the transit, first leg it was about 19 hours, Qatar Airways did not provide transit accommodation. We paid USD 125 each to get the transit accommodation (beware of the limitation of the allowance for Meals even with this paid service, ours covered only 2 meals which was not that great in Swiss-belhotel), on the return journey it was an hour and a half, with long walk between terminals to security check and back to gate, there was no consideration for short transit passengers. Second issue was with food preference, we had 2 vegetarian meals ordered, which were not offered on way to Singapore, though I had talked to Attendants they confirmed our meal preference; but asked me to talk to a Supervisor in one of transit gates, who promised it will be corrected in other legs, which did not help much. I will consider flying with them again, due to convenience flying out from Philadelphia.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax