Qatar Airways Passenger Reviews and Qatar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Qatar Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by E Chabbert    (France)

24/02, DOH-DPS on QR 944. The airline provides a high level of service with a superb wine list and meal menus. The seat on the B777 is great, better for me than the new 787 one as I never travel alone and always wanted a window seat. Crew were excellent except on the short SIN-DPS. Premium terminal at Doha is fine but crowded, and without enough facilities.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by I Radhiya    (Spain)

I have traveled many times with Qatar Airways, I am never disappointed and I feel their service is getting better. The last flights I had was from JKT-DOH, DOH-ANK, IST-DOH, DOH-JKT. All staff were polite, friendly, responsive and helpful. For economy class the seats have more space than EK or EY. The only complaint is transferring at Doha was not as convenient as transferring in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by L Stiles    (Australia)

Travelled with Qatar 6 times now, first 4 or so were great and was left impressed. The last few flights have seen a decrease in service. Having said that, seats are comfortable, in-flight entertainment is pretty good, food is ok but doesn't seem to change often (if at all) and flight attendants really do depend - have had really great ones and have had rude ones. I find the service a big part of the overall rating. Would fly again but not before looking around.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Y Tomlinson    (UK)

LHR to DOH en-route to Perth. This plane seemed very new, it had a good touchscreen TV and a little tablet in the seat. Good movie options, clear screen and sound. Seats were comfortable and roomy, I also had 2 seats to myself which helped. Service was good, the food was ok, offered plenty and had some lovely bruschetta in-between meals. Boarded a different plane from DOH to PER, this was definitely an older plane. I was in an aisle seat and it was the most uncomfortable plane I've been on. Staff never smiled and when you asked for a drink they seemed annoyed. The food wasn't that good. On the return, I had an 11 hour PER to DOH and this only bearable because I luckily had a row to myself, so lay down and slept. Again, staff never smiled and there was only one girl who was friendly. On the next 7 hour flight to LHR I was absolutely freezing! So much so I had to ask for a 2nd blanket.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by C Philander    (UK)

LHR-CPT (via Doha). LHR lounge is phenomenal. Attentive service, great food, modern relaxing layout. Onboard seats great, service lower than usual. Very sad to see the menus have still not changed in a year. It is sad to see levels in my favourite airline dropping. No value for money. I'm looking forward to see what my return flight has in store, including a visit to the dreaded bidvest lounge in Cape Town, which makes a wait in the terminal more pleasant than visiting the 'exclusive' lounge. Flagship premium terminal service and offering appalling. Will switch to another larger gulf carrier from now on, despite frequent flyer status.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Wawyk Mikolaj    (Poland)

Warsaw - Doha - Bangkok: Our first flight was really good , the seat was very comfort and there was plenty of legs space . I'm very happy with this flight and nothing more to add , there was good foods, friendly staff and a USB charger. Bangkok - Doha - Warsaw: Boeing 777, the plane was really old and my seat had a broken audio. We tested with 3 headphones and none worked, so I had to sit for 7 hours watching the screen without any sound. One of the staff was rude, we called her several of times and she ignored us and walked away.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Sourbut Philip    (UK)

London - Cape Town via Doha and Jo'burg on 6th Feb returning on 18th Feb. Outward flight from Doha delayed (awaiting connecting passengers) which meant I missed my connection in Jo'burg. This was on South African but booked as through ticket with Qatar. No-one from Qatar to assist on arrival. SA would not rebook. Had to search airport for Qatar desk (which was in international departures miles away (and well hidden). This was highly stressful after 2 flights. Return trip flight one hour late into Doha. Efficient transit meant I caught the London flight, but again one hour late. It seems that the transit for many passengers is leading increasingly to delays. Inflight service ok. 777 comfortable - 340 less so and poorer AVOD. Choice of films etc was excellent. Food tolerable but had the same chicken wrap 3 times and breakfast orange squash described as orange juice was disgusting. 3 flights out of 4 were an hour late. I would probably try to fly direct next time.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by J Leewis    (Belgium)

2/14, QR192, BRU-DOH. 2/15, QR806, DOH-NRT. BRU-DOH, 787: Great seat and IFE. Good food and service. DOH Airport: Buses, lines, slow and bad communication. DOH-NRT, 777: Feels old. Seat not bad. IFE cumbersome to work. Service and food good. NRT Airport: bus ride to terminal almost as long as the flight.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Denzil Bourne    (UK)

Flew LHR-CMB on 11 Feb 14 (via DOH). First Sector was on an A332. Aisle seat and IFE box was in the way but for a short leg wasn't too bad. Breakfast wasn't great. Second sector on an A320. IFE was from shared drop-down screens. Dinner was ok. Crew excellent as usual on both of these sectors. Return sectors with a long layover at DOH (I left the airport to visit the city). CMB-DOH, 17 Feb 2014 was on a B777, excellent leg room but IFE screen kept freezing and restarting of its own accord. Once again Breakfast wasn't great. 18 Feb 14 DOH-LHR on the Dreamliner, the reason I chose this carrier. Seat was comfortable and IFE seemed to have more choice. Crew excellent as they always are.

Qatar Airways Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Michael Hoffmann    (Qatar)

QR817, 27/1/2014. Food during flight very good while service was average as well as comfort of the seats. There is no where to store your glasses while you are sleeping. Drinks come only on request. Qatar Airways is not willing to transfer your baggage to another airlines. You have to pay extra or go through immigration to collect it and check in new. The infotainment is not that great. If the flight is cheap go for it.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax