Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by E Shek    (Australia)

SIN-MEL (booked as EK8036). A surprisingly unfull flight on 29th December during the peak season with many passengers switching seats after takeoff. So I luckily had two window seats to myself. Attendants simply could not be bothered greeting passengers as they walked into the cabins (with one crossing her arms at the back of the cabin, although she did turn out to be quite friendly). However, service was friendly and attentive with smart use of torches to avoid disturbing passenger's sleep during the night flight. The medium size dinner and small size breakfast did leave me wanting for a little more food - although the crew happily gave me a banana on request. Inflight entertainment options were solid, although screen was very small. Baggage was instantly available on the belt at MEL. Overall a satisfying flight, although it lacks the sparkle of its competitor on this route Singapore Airlines, which perhaps explains the high proportion of empty seats on this flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by B Klug    (Germany)

DUB-MEL / MEL-HBA / HBA-SYD / SYD-HKG. Superb as always. Comfortable seats, plenty and tasty food, very good cabin crew on all legs. Highly recommended.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by S Beri    (India)

Flew from New Delhi to Singapore to Melbourne to Sydney and then from Brisbane to Cairns. Delhi-Singapore leg was covered by Jet Airways and was a disaster - cramped seats, ok food, indifferent staff. Just before boarding, our baby pram was taken from us saying, it will be given to us in Singapore. The pram was not given to us in Singapore as we exited the aircraft. To collect the pram, we had to cross immigration and collect it from the baggage carousel. Singapore onwards was covered by Qantas and was a dream. Ironically, I had the best inflight Indian food on any airline and this was on the Qantas flight between Singapore and Melbourne. Seats were spacious in economy class throughout - to Melbourne and even within Australia. The cabin crew were always helpful - always enquiring if our 2 children (7 yrs and 14 months) were comfortable and if they could do something for us. All calls were promptly attended. If the flight had empty seats, we were allotted seats with empty seats next to us to provide additional room due to kids. Inflight entertainment was excellent with latest movie releases and media content to address all age groups. On the return leg from Cairns to Delhi, our Qantas flight out of Cairns was delayed and consequently we would have missed our international connecting flight out of Brisbane. When we reached Cairns airport in the morning, the Qantas staff had already worked out 3 flight options for us. Based on our preference we were put on a Cathay Pacific flight. Brilliant work by Qantas staff across flight sectors.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by I Cheung    (Australia)

Our trip from Singapore to Brisbane was very unpleasant. During our holiday we also flew with Emirates, Cathay and Dragonair and all 3 were vastly better airlines to fly with. The seats on the 747 are the narrowest I have encountered, and the armrests which could not be tucked away were an inconvenience, a waste of space and made the seats all the more uncomfortable. The meals were pathetic, and the flight attendants took forever to serve the meals. Furthermore, our meal choice ran out quickly, and the only available meal, fish in kung pao sauce, was spicy. The lack of a hot breakfast on the 7 hour flight was also disappointing, and the breakfast of yoghurt and cinnamon scroll left us very hungry. The overall flight experience was awful. Qantas is simply incompetent and no competition for professional airlines like Emirates and Cathay. Will avoid Qantas at all costs.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 January 2014 by P Radford    (Australia)

We travelled to Noumea after Xmas with AirCalin, code share on a Qantas flight - I thought we were lucky to be on a Qantas flight initially. The check in process was great, the boarding Ok but the inflight meal was foul. The hot breakfast option was poached eggs-these arrived hard as anything, covered in disgusting beans with hard boiled potato-totally inedible. The bread roll was hard and the tea was stewed! Thankfully one hostess offered me a fresh cup which was better but still not enjoyable. I was very surprised as I expected better service from Qantas than AirCalin. We travelled back with AirCalin and the service was so much better, the meal was enjoyable, the drinks, bread etc was freely offered, even brandy at the end of the meal. Qantas is off my valued airline list after this trip.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 January 2014 by O Petersen    (Australia)

BNE-SIN-BNE. QF 51, 27th Dec, returning QF 52, 6th Jan - very enjoyable experience on both legs. Staff professional and attentive. We were a little hesitant having read so many poor reviews and decided to comment as there needs to be more positive feedback for a job well done. We enjoyed ourselves and will not hesitate to fly with Qantas again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 January 2014 by S Wilson    (UK)

Flew First from Sydney to Heathrow via Dubai on A380 and was impressed by nearly all aspects of the trip. Check in at Sydney was a little chaotic as the First Class check-in area was overwhelmed by large families of Platinum members using the facility, but then having the usual priority immigration and security available to premium travellers, I enjoyed the Qantas First Class lounge. An enjoyable spa treatment. The food at the sit down restaurant was one of the best lounge restaurants I have been to. On board service was indeed First Class, with staff making sure they knew all passengers by name and able to respond to any queries. The seat itself is comfortable and infinitely adjustable, although the controls for it are rather complex and take a little time to get used to. Made up as a bed it is easy to get sleep with adequate privacy and space to sleep on one's side, and upright it is good for relaxing, eating and working. Inflight pyjamas were better than those provided by other airlines, and the amenities kit more useful as well. The massage function is enjoyable, although a bit noisy. Quality of food for dining was excellent, although it would have been helpful to know that the supper menu either side of the Dubai transit was nearly identical. Large range of food items, although I thought the dessert selection was rather poor and the champagne in the lounge was better than that inflight. Inflight entertainment system excellent with a good choice and high quality screen and headphones. Transit at Dubai is pleasant at the enormous Emirates First Class lounge, although at the time I travelled the spa was closed, and it wasn't entirely clear when the boarding announcement would be. On arrival at London we had the same experience as other travellers, and it took 20 minutes for bags to arrive - hardly priority. As an added touch it was good to be able to use the AA Arrivals lounge for a shower and a quick cup of coffee before heading into town. An excellent experience, competitive with others, but unclear if it is good enough to justify the price premium over business.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by S Gallagher    (Australia)

Brisbane - Auckland and Auckland - Melbourne. Flying 737s made these flights feel more like a bus trip than a full service flight, despite paying full service prices. Brisbane - Auckland departure was delayed ~90 minutes - an experience that we've encountered all too often with Qantas. Auckland - Melbourne departure was likewise delayed by over an hour, with the added bonus that our luggage (plus the luggage of another ~40 customers) wasn't on the flight. Unless and until they get the basics right, they will continue to lose customers and quicken their demise.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by S Mitchell    (UK)

DUB to MEL. Economy, upper deck. I was desperate to travel on an A380! But it was the worst flight I have ever experienced, I was so very disappointed, to say the least. I felt really hemmed in, I'm not tall, but the leg room was cramped even for me, and I was dismayed to realise that one could not stroll about to get some form of exercise. Water was not offered, neither was fruit as advertised, I was genuinely thirsty and hungry. The whole experience will not be repeated by me, my next scheduled flights to Aus will not be with Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by B Brian    (Australia)

Flew 27th December, QF 924, SYD-CNS, Boeing 767-300. These so called refurbished old 767-300 planes are the knee jolt reaction to Qantas cancelling it's Boeing order for the new 787 Dreamliner. First time to self check in at SYD Domestic staff were too busy chatting with one another to assist. Departure 15 mins late due to late aircraft arrival. Old aircraft which should have been retired by now, poor quality refurbishment of interior / seats. Entertainment offered was an ipad which slotted into a bit of fabric in front of you, the only problem is when the person in front reclines it is basically resting on your nose. Breakfast served was basically a yoghurt & drink, really poor for a 3 hour morning flight. All in all very average experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by B Brian    (Australia)

January 2nd 2014 - QF927 - CNS-SYD - Boeing 737-800. Self check in at CNS - No assistance offered however friendly service at bag drop counter. Received SMS from QF during boarding flight would leave 15 min early, good job I was on time. Clean aircraft, shared video system, old, very old cabin crew. Cold potato salad offered as in flight meal, tasteless and bland.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by A McNicol    (Australia)

QF52, SIN-BNE then QF8, BNE-SYD in business class on a frequent flyer points redemption so I can't fault value for money. Also impressive were the staff on both legs and the comfort of the business class cabin on both aircraft. Like others comments before the cafe style menu out of Asia on the overnight flights has to go - it is simply not up to business class standard. A tired ham and cheese croissant for breakfast or a small fruit bowl the equivalent of what Silk air provided me in economy class on the connecting flight to Singapore! Contrast this with the full breakfast service on QF8 from BNE to SYD all in a rushed hour and a bit. Qantas proved on QF8 that it can be done. Please bring back real business class food on flights out of Asia!

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Z Zissman    (UK)

Flew LHR-MEL-LHR return on A380. Outbound I sat downstairs, booked extra legroom. The seat was very comfortable and the recline is great as the seat cushion slides out so the seat back doesn't recline as much as a normal seat. Foods was edible (it was much nicer on the LHR-DXB leg than the DXB-MEL leg). I managed to get some sleep too. Return leg I sat upstairs again in extra legroom seats. From all the good reviews I was looking forward to sitting upstairs but how wrong I was. I spent the whole journey to DXB with an inconsiderate woman in the seat behind me poking her screen and jolting my seat. She then moaned at me because I reclined my seat (when she was asleep). Another passenger then decided to shine an LED torch around a dark cabin looking for something blinding the rest of us. Cabin crew were brilliant though! Lovely attentive chatty happy! Been singing their praises ever since, just a shame I had to share my experience with horrible selfish passengers.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by B Stewart    (Hong Kong)

PER-SYD-LAX in business and on both the domestic and international sectors the crew were friendly and attentive and the food tasty. The forward business cabin on the A380 was quiet and the seat comfortable. The only negative I can raise is the business class seat on the PER-SYD A330 sector which is a bit of a joke although I understand QF are in the process of moving to something along the lines of what Virgin currently offer. Although I'm an Emerald member of CX’s Marco Polo Club, on QF I'm always greeted by name and thanked for my business.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Syed Mukhtar    (Malaysia)

London Heathrow to Dubai with Qantas for the first time. Warm welcome from crew, to good quality pillow and blanket compared to other airlines, nice food, great service and what an awesome A380 experience. I will definitely fly with them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by S Lim    (Singapore)

SIN-SYD on the A330-300. A drastic drop in service as they used to operate the A380 on this flight to now an old A330-300. Entertainment AVOD screen is so small and selection of movies and entertainment were very limited. Food was satisfactory. Cabin crew didn't seem interested in their jobs, no smiles at all. Some crews were even unfriendly and hostile. BNE-SIN on the 747-400, better entertainment systems and large AVOD screens. Flew with Qantas as they offered a good promotion price for this flight, however their service standards is definitely falling behind many other airlines. Will only fly with them again in the future should the prices remain good.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Handoko Taniwidjojo    (Indonesia)

We were a group of 5 that flew with QF 151, MEL-AKL on December 19. It was a pleasant flight, overall experience was satisfying.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by C Treleaven    (New Zealand)

Great flight from Sydney to Christchurch. Service excellent from a very professional crew. Great choice of movies. Exit row seat comfortable. Will look at future travel with Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by J Chang    (USA)

Round trip between LAX to MEL on business trip for approximately 16 hours in the economy section at the window (to MEL) and aisle (to LAX) seat with price tag of $2,660 USD. Overall experience in seating was not pleasant, rather painful experience. 1) Leg room space appears to be one of the smallest of all the planes I have traveled with. This leg room issue is made worse by the passenger in front of you if (s)he pushes the recliner back. With the recliner pushed back, there is little space to enjoy the food. No wonder the movie monitor has great viewing tilt angle (top-bottom) as the screen gets so close to your face. 2) There is a rectangular shape power box on the floor between the middle seat and the aisle seat which forces your leg to be tilted while resting. You will need to place your foot at an off angle. (4) Rest room was very small, so small that I couldn't even bend over to wash my face. No more Qantas!