Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by M Wam    (Australia)

We flew Singapore - Sydney (QF 82) in Dec. We had not flown Qantas for many years however we were unable to get a flight on our usual carrier (SIA). We felt like we were on a budget airline - the service (which started off by flogging duty-free), the food, the screen. There were babies/toddlers who screamed all the way. We used to always fly Qantas about 15-20 yrs ago, I was even a Qantas Club member and racked up 500,000 pts. I was very loyal - I thought I was on a different airline on this last flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne-Canberra and return in B737s. Very smooth check-ins at the kiosks and bag drops. On both legs the planes operated on time, or a little early. The cabin interiors were a bit tired and the seats a bit tight, but the in- flight service was friendly and the snacks served were fine. Wine and beer were available on the late afternoon flight from Canberra. I travelled using Emirates Miles. I could not check-on online on either the Qantas or Emirates websites. The seats I had chosen when booking on the Emirates website were not honoured by Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by J Busworth    (Australia)

OOL-SYD, QF865, Jan 14 2014. Check in was seamless and very speedy with very good staff. Qantas Club at Coolangatta Gold Coast is not as good as Sydney but was still quite good. Boarding started 30 mins before flight and was, like check in, very speedy. Cabin Crew very courteous and attentive. IFE was old drop down screens with QEntertainment but the News and Double Episode of Modern Family was quite enjoyable. Also the 12 radio stations were entertaining during take off and landing. Food was a dinner of penne with cream of pumpkin sauce and chicken which was good and it came with a small chocolate and water. Soft drink or wine were also offered. However no beer. Qantas T3 in Sydney was good and arriving from Gate 8 seems to be my lucky charm. As usual my luggage was the very first bag onto the carousel. Taxi line was short and was in a Taxi in less than 5 minutes.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

BNE-MEL-BNE in mixture of economy out and business back. As is often noted in these columns, if you get a good Qantas cabin crew they are the world's best. The FAs in business were superb and extremely professional. Lunch, service, and wines excellent. Only downside on this trip was that the business lounge in Brisbane (used for business class and platinum members) was closed so one had to endure a bunch of yobs and their beer and noise in the normal Qantas Lounge. Impossible to work in the normal Qantas Lounge that day so better to sit and work outside in the boarding area. Shame Qantas don't have a dress policy for their lounges, at least just to exclude the dirty singlets and flip-flops mob. However, I am again pleased to recommend Qantas to others.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Y Balfour    (New Zealand)

Flew AKL-SYD-HKG on 737 and A380. The Trans-Tasman service was the early business shuttle, with a Jetconnect 737-800. Firstly, the IFE itself was fantastic, same provided on the A380. For a 3 hour flight, it was more than satisfactory. The screen itself was large and at the perfect height for viewing. The seat itself was rather narrow, and the seat pitch was rather narrow (and I have a height of 5ft 5!). However, we can attribute this to the size of the aircraft. The Flight Attendants themselves were fantastic and were overall bright and cheerful for the early flight time, despite one haughty young woman (no more than 20) who was leering and smile-less for the entire flight. When I merely asked her for a blanket and pillow, she gave me a scowl as if it were the hardest thing for her to do. However, the overall flight was great. On to the A380 service to HKG. The seat pitch was more than sufficient, and the width was great. The IFE screen was large and had more than enough entertainment for the 9 hour flight. The Flight Attendants were bright and cheerful for the whole flight, and the catering of lunch and pizza bread refreshment was hot and fresh - probably due to the introduction of induction ovens on the A380. Overall, a great Qantas experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by B Williams    (Australia)

NRT-SYD on an un-refurbished B744. The flight arrived about 10 minutes early. The seats were reasonably comfortable but were quite old. The IFE system was old but still had a wide variety of quality programs. The service as usual was attentive and polite with a warm Australian charm. Though Qantas usually provides a quality food and drink service, I was quite disappointed by the food on this flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Fepuleai    (New Zealand)

After two days of flight cancellations and reschedules, very happy to have arrived back safely in NZ after a surprise gift by my children of a return flight to Seattle for the 2013 Christmas break. I fully commend the ground staff, cabin crew and every other QANTAS employee that I encountered on my journey for kind and efficient service. Demonstrated excellent customer care service from my point of view. Nothing was too small or big a deal to ask about and I felt genuine warmth from the cabin crew, even after over many hours of catering to everybody else's needs, both on my way to LAX and returning from LAX. The cancelled flights in L.A resulted in Qantas putting us up in a Hilton Hotel in Anaheim and we even got food vouchers! As we had missed our connecting flight in Sydney, once again Qantas provided lovely overnight accommodation at the Rydges Hotel, again with more than adequate food vouchers.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by A Newson    (Australia)

Final sector from Dubai to Melbourne, QF 10, Jan 14. We had paid for exit row seats and the extra leg room was most appreciated. I was most unimpressed when we boarded in Dubai (after the London - Dubai leg) to find we were unable to use the overhead lockers which we were compelled to use because the crew had their luggage there. When I questioned why I was told there wasn't where else to put it. As customers who have paid extra for these seats I believe the crew should put their luggage in the hold or in another area in the plane. Crews attitude quite patchy. Breakfast very ordinary.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  17 January 2014 by K Mullins    (Australia)

Last year we flew on the A380-800 from LAX-SYD on Qantas economy. The seats were comfortable and the foot rest was a bonus. On this sector dinner and breakfast was served. For an inflight meal I couldn't fault it. IFE was extremely good for a 15 hour flight and not to mention the skycam feature. On the IFE people you were able to message each other from different seats. Qantas crew was caring and attentive and kept walking around the cabin asking for refreshments and so on. A snack bar at the back of the aircraft offered soft drinks and snacks if anyone was picky. Overall it was a smooth flight and thoroughly enjoyed.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  16 January 2014 by B Le Quesne    (Australia)

I fly regularly (4 times a month) from Perth to several regional destinations in WA. I always fly with Qantas on these sectors and have to say they have their good and bad points. The good points are planes always on time (never had a flight delay longer than 5 mins), food is quite good and IFE on the 737-800 quite good for domestic travel. The bad points; seats in economy are possibly the most cramped and un-comfortable of any airline I have ever flown with, even the newer 737-800 aircraft have a very tired and old look and feel inside, some of FA's seem to just go through the motions and boarding at Perth Airport is just a cattle stampede but that is not all down to Qantas. On a side note, the few times I have upgraded to Business Class it has been a wonderful flying experience and one of the best regional domestic business class offerings. Far better than what the Americans call 'First Class' on their domestic routes. Overall a pass mark for Qantas, just.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  16 January 2014 by Adrian Morgan    (Australia)

19th Dec, PER-DXB, DXB-LGW, QF8423 and QF8011. Return 7th Jan, LGW-DXB, QF8010 and 11th January DXB-PER, QF8424. Had the misfortune to travel on return economy flight to the UK via Dubai on a Qantas ticketed flight, the carrier being Emirates. This was my worst air travel decision and flight experience ever in 40 years. The customer focus of cabin staff from the point of boarding to alighting on the two legs outward bound legs of the journey were appalling and I cannot think of anything positive to say. The return journey was only marginally better and the cramped condition of economy seating, cleanliness of the plane, poor standard of food and inattentive crew made the long haul flight, for the most part, unbearable. I would usually rate Qantas as an adequate carrier, no more, no less, but it's ticketing partner Emirates, will do nothing to improve the perception of Qantas' reputation. If you are looking for a long haul Qantas flight that tickets through Emirates Airline, seriously consider using an alternative airline.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  15 January 2014 by G Alexander    (Australia)

Jan 14: SYD-MEL-SYD. It has been 5 years since I flew domestically, although I still fly internationally a lot. The planes were very clean and comfortable. FA's were excellent, although perhaps lacking a lot of the spark they used to have. Flights were both on time and very efficient. What shocked me was the food offering. Since when did flying Qantas become a no frills airline in terms of food. Served in cardboard boxes, the food was uninspired. Breakfast was a hard, cold cake/bread type of "thing", along with yoghurt and granola. The coffee was dreadful. Dinner was a cold chicken and potato salad. What shocked me was that you used to get a proper breakfast and dinner, hot and quite tasty for airline food. The food was delivered so quickly and taken away so quickly, it was like being in a cheap cafeteria. While Sydney Airport is immaculate and very well presented, Melbourne Airport was dirty and looking very worn. Sydney Airport was renovated for the Olympics and is well maintained and updated. Melbourne looks like it did 10 years ago, and like it hadn't been touched in 10 years, especially in terms of maintenance. I wanted to try out QF to see if I should use it again internationally, but frankly I get much better quality in terms of food, comfort, entertainment, service and price by flying Cathay to Paris regularly.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Clinton Pope    (Australia)

I fly between Canberra and Brisbane quite frequently and have to say that Qantas are simply the best! The cabin crew are outstanding as are the aircraft they use on these sectors. Brand new 737-800's and the Qantaslink 717's. The entertainment is far superior than the competitor and the overall service and experience is just wonderful. I agree with a few other people when they say how lucky we are in Australia when it comes to service. You only have to fly on some other airlines to realise how fabulous Qantas is. My flights have always left bang on time and arrive on time if not early.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Lydon Amanda    (Australia)

We flew premium economy with Qantas last year in August / October return Sydney to Dubai with ongoing and returning flights from Europe to and from Dubai in Economy with Emirates. We were very happy with the Premium Economy experience and if we could have flown the whole way with Qantas we would have been even happier. The seats were comfortable, the food and wine great and the service very attentive. For those of us on normal incomes Business is unaffordable and not justifiable but Premium Economy makes the long haul flights less tortuous and bearable We were so happy with the flights that we have rebooked for our holiday this year but would have to say we are not looking forward to the economy sectors with Emirates because the legs to Rome and back from Paris were very poor in comparison.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2014 by A Kumar    (India)

SCL-SYD and SYD-HKG in business. Flight from Santiago to Sydney did not get off to a flying start due to a ridiculous check in system that took 20 minutes at the counter and another 10 minutes waiting in a line for a point to point journey. Unacceptable for business class. Flight was on-time and the Boeing 747 was complete with comfortable fully flat beds which while in a conventional forward layout were incredibly spacious and converted into a full length bed. IFE was AVOD had a good number of options which while not as extensive as some ultra tech savvy carriers like Emirates was wonderfully edited with excellent selections. The food was wonderful with a clear emphasis on fresh food that included a number of options prepared onboard. I loved the flexibility of choosing from an extensive menu at any time instead of the conventional set options at set times. The crew service was mostly exceptionally warm and attentive save for one crew member who seemed totally out of place. SYD-HKG was on an A380 and once again the check in time was far too long although the agent herself was efficient and friendly. Boarding staff greeted me in Hindi. A380 had the same seats and was immaculate. The small lounge area was a nice touch. The catering on this leg was excellent beating the high standards of the previous legs and I can safely say that it was one of the best inflight meals I have had. Crew were friendly, attentive, relaxed and very efficient. I was overall pleasantly surprised. There are some issues however particularly check in and certain crew and ground members that are marring the work of other staff who are going above and beyond and an airline that is trying to compete with the best in the business and seems to be pretty much up there particularly in terms of product quality. Overall better then BA, Swiss, Emirates and Qatar. I rate them at par with CX and perhaps just shy of sq. Hopefully their ongoing financial crisis will not let standards slip.