Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

Qantas Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Jayne Young    (Australia)

An eight hour wait at Changi airport, I assume because it's more important to Qantas to fill their plane to capacity than it is to schedule enough services to avoid excessive waiting times. The inflight service was awful. I'm a vegetarian, so get meals served before other passengers and I can only assume this is a crime on Qantas flights. On Flight QF52 from Changi on Saturday 20/09/2014 I got my meal slapped in front of me about an hour into the flight, and then the tray sat there for around two hours whilst everyone else was served and their trays collected. I would guess I was probably the last passenger to have their tray taken away. By the time one of the stewardesses took the tray I had back pain and was cramped from being trapped in one position for so long. Likewise I got my breakfast shoved at me before everyone else too, and what a breakfast - a stale croissant and a sachet of awful tasting marmalade. I was given only a spoon with which to slice my stale croissant and spread the marmalade, and when I requested a knife and a sachet of butter I was grudgingly given the knife, but butter was obviously out of the question. Personally I think passengers seated near babies should be given a decent discount because it's simply unfair to be forced to spend long flights being prevented from sleep by crying babies. I first flew with Qantas about 10 years ago and swore never again back then, but my travel agent talked me into giving them another go. Never again!

Qantas Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by C Penrose    (Australia)

Flew from Singapore to Sydney. There was no reason why the plane left late as it was sitting at the gate four hours before departure. The plane left 30 minutes late and by the time we got to Sydney it was put into a holding pattern because it was late. By the time it landed it was nearly an hour late. Because of this we and many others missed connecting flights. Qantas on time performance is a joke. They got us to Singapore an hour late and nearly matched it on the way back. Going through customs we explained the situation to the officer and he said most Qantas planes were late. If you need a connecting flight steer well clear of Qantas as you will miss it. Is it any wonder Qantas is losing money hand over fist.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by John Shave    (Australia)

Perth - Dubai - Stockholm, then Heathrow - Dubai - Perth. On a Qantas ticket but code shared with Emirates. 3 legs on Emirates B777, 1 leg on QFA380. Contrast between Qantas and Emirates is very stark. QF not quite "sit down, shut up and don't bother us" - but that's what it felt like. Emirates Business Class consistently high standard. Personal greetings and introductions, nothing too much trouble. Food and beverages excellent. Lounges excellent, especially in Perth. Emirates Business seats are slightly narrow for sleeping, but overall good. The lesson is - get a QF ticket to get the points and status credits, but fly on Emirates code share planes to get the service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Chris Campbell    (Australia)

May 5 and 6, my parents and I travelled from Perth to Lax via Sydney for a holiday to US. We travelled on an Airbus 330-200 and B747-400 ER and were upgraded to business class on QF 107, SYD to LAX which was excellent and the food and service great. We travelled home from Hawaii via Sydney in economy class on our way home from mainland US on QF 4 and QF 577. We can recommend Qantas as a great airline to use for trips to the USA and within Australia.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by F Beggs    (UK)

Due to fly QF8006, Business to BNE via Dubai. No airline communication but Chauffeur rang to ask us if we knew anything about flight being cancelled. No. Rang Qantas who knew nothing and then Emirates who knew less (Codeshare). Eventually transpires mechanical problem with Airbus, delay at least until 11.45 am (departure due 22.15 today). We need to get to BNE so suggest less attractive flight available (with seats and originally lower cost) from BHX or MAN. QF say Emirates unwilling to reroute us, Emirates say unable to alter as only QF have the ability to do this! An hour spent on telephone to all corners of the globe and finally both QF and EK agreed they need to do something and we should wait. Number given for direct contact. No call from either airline but chauffeur rings us to ask if we know what is happening (No) and arranges to pick us up at 4.30 am to get to Heathrow. So, arrive at least 13 hours late in Dubai, means we miss connecting BNE flight (only one per day) and arrive at best 24 hours later than planned. An extra 24 hours travelling. Do you think we will use QF/EK again? Zero communication ability from airlines.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Craig Ritchie    (Australia)

QF97, Brisbane to Hong Kong. Seat okay, food very good for economy, plenty of snacks during this day flight to Hong Kong. Service from flight crew also good. The only gripe was the inflight entertainment was shown on a screen around 10cm in size. Not only that the inflight Movies, Music etc was abjectly woeful, not much of a selection and you can't call "Ironman 3" a "Classic" movie. In fact there were some 7 Ironman movies to watch in either the current or classic movie choice which was very woeful. We left late by around 20 minutes and arrived 15 minutes late into Hong Kong. Once on the ground it seemed to take forever for the baggage to come through for collection, immigration itself took all of 5 minutes. Overall the flight was okay but the seats get pretty hard after 9 hours and the aircraft was starting to show its age (needs a revamp).

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Gorton Anthony    (Australia)

QF581 from Sydney to Perthon Sunday 14 Sep. The quality has disappeared, the food was poor with the highlights being the cheese and biscuits, both hot meals were awful and we almost fought over my sons burrito he bought at the airport. Entertainment was like in the 90s with several shared screens, no personal TVs and we were informed that only business class and above had the individual q streaming. Last time on this flight we had ipads - obviously another cost saving courtesy of management. As for the staff, poor would be an understatement. On the flight from Perth to Sydney staff obviously wanted to be elsewhere.

QF98, Hong Kong to Brisbane (Overnight Flight). This flight left around 20 minutes later than it should due to airport issues. Captain kept everyone fully informed which was good. Flight crew provided prompt and excellent service which given it was an overnight flight was very good. Meal served after 40 minutes in the air, giving passengers around 7 hours sleep. Aircraft was only half full, so pretty much everyone had a spare seat next to them so they could stretch out a bit. I managed to get around 6 hours sleep in which is pretty good for me in economy as I'm tall (having the extra space really helped). Food was very good, although the breakfast pastry was bland. IFE was totally pathetic, IFE Screen only 10cm in size and the current selection of movies and music was simply appalling. You get much better IFE on domestic flights, so lift your game Qantas. Aircraft seat got pretty hard after 9 hours flying and the aircraft is looking old, needs to be revamped shortly. We all got through Brisbane Immigration quite quickly only to be held up for ages waiting for baggage to come through, this is another area that needs improving upon in Brisbane.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by A Joven    (Australia)

I've been a Qantas frequent flyer for a number of years now and fly with them domestic for the most part. For international flights, I avoid them like the plague as they are expensive and the service is sub par. This particular flight was BKK-SYD and I was just relieved I was able to secure an aisle seat (with the added bonus of the spot next to me being unoccupied). Online check in was not available for this flight for some mysterious reason. The cabin crew need a lesson in grooming and customer service ASAP. All of them looked bored and somewhat angry. The service, as usual was disinterested and disconnected. Breakfast was just thrown at the passengers. One of the ladies looked like she just rolled out of bed and one of the male attendants needs to shave so as one doesn't look like they've been awake for 24 hours. The food service was mediocre (as usual). Most notable was their 'breakfast' which was a small muffin, yoghurt and orange juice. Please note, that in their domestic flights (ie SYD-MEL), this is almost the same amount of food that's served. In a 9 hour flight, with a 4 hour gap between the dinner and breakfast service, one is left rather starving.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by A Hale    (Australia)

My wife and I did a trip from Perth to Brisbane, (return) on business class because it was 5+ hours. The seating was no better than Economy class, only a few rows behind us. Difference being we paid over $7500 for our seats and Economy would have been under $1,000 for the same trip. The plane was an A330-200, and had recently been changed from Jetstar (budget airline), according to a steward on board. We do a lot of International trips out of Perth in Business Class, now we know why we choose Singapore Air, Air NZ or Mauritius Air. Qantas has poor seating and service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Raath Henri    (Australia)

This is a very short flight, scheduled time 55 minutes but in practice it's more like 30 minutes, so one would expect things to go smoothly. And smoothly go it did. I checked in online on my phone, no paper needed, had no baggage so it was more like catching a bus than a plane. Literally walked through security, had a drink and onto the plane. Everything was on time and worked like clockwork. On that 30 minute flight they managed to serve everyone (about 100+ passengers) with a delicious sandwich and beverage of choice; mine a glass of wine - included in the fare. I noticed some people even got seconds. It's also worth mentioning the service was professional but more importantly very friendly; perfection. I almost wish the flight was longer.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by A Huggett    (Australia)

QF1, Sydney to London on August 23. A380 in good, clean condition. Seats comfortable with good footrest/net that compensated a little for the 31" seat pitch. Not exactly class-leading for long-haul. Food and drink service was fine. Crew were efficient and friendly. IFE was good. In all, it was a pleasant flight on a great, quiet aircraft. I had not travelled long-haul with Qantas for some years and while there was nothing particularly wrong with the flight, my journey home was QF-ticketed but operated by an Emirates A380. Their little extras highlighted that QF international is not the benchmark.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by F Jojart    (Australia)

PER-SYD-LAX. We flew this extremely long flight last week. The service from the time we left Perth until we touched down in Los Angeles was outstanding. The meals were of great quality. We used our frequent flyer points to upgrade us to Business Class and were so glad we did.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

DFW-BNE-SYD on 9/8-10/14 in Business Class upper deck of 747. Excellent flight in every respect: spacious seat layout, very comfortable seats in all positions, but particularly in sleep mode, good food, especially the late night supper. Flight attendants were experienced and efficient, friendly and accommodating. Video selections a bit odd but interesting, with plenty of choices. New crew and another breakfast from Brisbane to Sydney, equally good. Qantas lounges in DFW and Brisbane were fine. Luggage on the carousel before we arrived after a fast pass through immigration.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by D Nelson    (Australia)

Sydney-Dallas, QF007 on September 5, 2014. Paying a premium for QF Premium Economy, and looking at their website - I must say I was expecting something exceptional. This was not the case. 747-400 Seat 36K is said to be one of the best seats, but if you are 6ft+ then this is not the case. The wall in front means you actually have less leg room than standard economy. The cabin was 100% full, and the single toilet was used consistently, especially by QF staff as their rest area was adjacent to it. Meals etc were quite good, however it seemed economy passengers were offered ice cream/chocolates etc mid flight - but we were not (minor issue, I know, but at double the price I expected more). Was never offered a drink (except at meal times). An exit seat in economy would have saved me $2000 and been of better value, I feel.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by W Coenik    (Australia)

Flew business class Melbourne up to Sydney on 767 then over to Dallas on 747, seat 14A upstairs in the bubble. Then Dallas to Brisbane on 747, seat 3A in the nose then onto Melbourne in 737 again all business. Sydney - Dallas - Brisbane, business class was excellent. First time on long haul business - the service, the food and the seats were great. The attention that we received from the crew on all legs was good. The holiday started from the moment we boarded, even the domestic flight up to Sydney. We travelled on points so got a good deal money wise what would other wise be in excess of $7000 return. It will be hard to return to the back of the bus.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Robyn Lyall    (Australia)

Flew A380, LA to Melbourne, night flight, economy. Crew polite but disinterested. Food dull - Special K for the cold breakfast. Not enough water offered. Lots of movies but screen scratched so not much fun (this is the third time in a row I have had a dodgy screen with Qantas). No footrests, arm rests do not go up completely, and do not lock in the up position. Excellent landings (twice, as had to divert to Sydney due to fog). Cabin crew did not offer water during 2 hour diversion.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 September 2014 by John Curtain    (Australia)

Melbourne - Brisbane, 6 August. Departure 4 pm. Economy. Very friendly courteous service. The food was a bit skimpy for a 2 hour flight. Just some dry biscuits. The free wine was very much appreciated.

Brisbane to Melbourne. 10 August. Evening flight. Very friendly service. A tasty meal was also included. I also appreciated the good quality IFE.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Alan Woolf    (Australia)

Flew Business Class on 20th August Sydney to Manila. I haven't flown Qantas long haul for some time and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The inflight service from the cabin crew was outstanding. From the service manager down nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile. The drink service and the meals were first class. The meals were of exceptional quality. Seating was comfortable and soon will be even better with the A330 being upgraded to lie flat seats. Communication from the flight deck was very good and certainly portrays a very comfortable and secure feeling to passengers. Well done Qantas, I will certainly fly with them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by N Tilley    (Australia)

Flew MEL to PER 1/09/14. Had some concerns pre-flight because my mother is recovering from a major back operation. Could not have asked for better service. From check-in at Melbourne to bag collection at Perth, the quality of service was exceptional. Especially the flight staff, who paid my mother the utmost attention, did everything possible to relieve her anxieties about flying, and made the trip as pleasant for her as possible. The seats were comfortable enough, although a little more shoulder room would have been appreciated. The person next to me took the liberty o spreading out as much as he could and took up not only the left side armrest but also the one between us, leaving me with sitting in as cramped a position as possible. The food was good - just the right size serving for a mid-range flight of four hours. Ice cream was offered as well, which was a nice treat. Inflight entertainment was good and varied. Didn't use it myself but noticed others around me using it. Thanks again to the wonderful flight attendants - they really made the trip a most enjoyable experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Lesley Bradford    (Australia)

We flew Perth to Darwin, departure delayed in Perth due to fog, so got into Darwin late. Excellent service, great breakfast, friendly staff, fabulous entertainment. We then flew Adelaide to Canberra, quick flight. Dinner time was delicious, but because of the short flight we didn't get our cup of tea. Canberra to Perth - direct flight, great, couldn't fault anything except the food. I ordered the red curry and rice and there just wasn't enough. It was so delicious I could have eaten another two or three! I would love the recipe. Departure from Canberra on time, and we had an early arrival in Perth, which was good, as usually there are head winds and we are late. Qantas what a shame you don't fly internationally out of Perth.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by G Penola    (Australia)

QF52 SIN-BNE 31/8/14 - Singapore lounge was well maintained but busy with the atmosphere of a pub in many parts. Cabin crew were very attentive and helpful and very friendly - Qantas leave other airlines out in the cold when it comes to cabin crew service in business class. Unfortunately the business class seats on this A330 were angled which aren't as easy to sleep on compared to proper lie flat beds. The inflight entertainment on this flight seemed very dated but it was an overnight flight so wasn't a major problem.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Kearney    (Australia)

SYD-MEL-BNE-SYD sectors. My wife and I travelled the day after Qantas announced its record loss. We weren't quite sure what to expect from the staff but I am so proud of them all, they were wonderful. From the ground staff at check-in and the Qantas Business Lounge, they were all so friendly, professional and courteous. On board, they are just great. The service was fantastic.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Margaret Kuprecht    (New Zealand)

18 August, QF 138 from Christchurch to Sydney, QF 922 from Sydney to Cairns, on 24 August. QF 923 from Cairns to Sydney and QF 139 from Sydney back again to Christchurch on the same day. My wife and myself booked Qantas from Christchurch NZ to Cairns via Sydney. My wife was in need of a wheelchair. We were so grateful for all the help and kindness of the attendants at the airports as well as on the aircraft. It was a pleasant journey and a wonderful experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by David Dale    (Australia)

BNE-AKL return. B737-800. Seated in 4A and 6F respectively. Flights left early and arrived early. Aircraft was clean. Hot meal provided. Crew friendly. Check-in and boarding easy. Inflight entertainment was adequate for these flights. Overall a really good flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by K Cai    (Australia)

SYD-Shanghai PuDong and back in 12/2013-1/2014. 1st leg was the worst flight due to inconsiderate exit-row woman reclining seat. Even when eating. Asked staff for her not to do that, totally ignored. The best part of Qantas (which no other airlines can match) is the safety and smoothness of the flight: the 2nd leg for example had no turbulence, not a single minute where the seat-belt sign was switched on.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Reiner    (Australia)

Melbourne / Perth / Melbourne, A330 service on 23 August 2014. Very difficult to find fault. On time departure, early arrival in both directions. Aircraft immaculate, two meal choices for both breakfast and dinner, crew friendly and efficient on near to full flights. Flight over had touch screen video whereas flight back had a slightly older video system with a smaller screen. All this for $250 each way, really impressed.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by A Sullivan    (Australia)

SYD-BKK return. Flight attendants continued to serve alcohol to an obviously already intoxicated man, disturbing other passengers. Police called on landing. Also passenger caught several times smoking in toilet despite warnings. Food adequate. IFE very poor and not up too standard of other airlines. Return flight better but departed and arrived late into Sydney. Bag collection very quick. First time I've flown Qantas International and would not do so again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Baker    (New Zealand)

I flew Qantas before from NZ to OZ - frequently actually and no issues there but never before long haul - Dubai - Auckland. That's where it started - I booked Qantas - but only the Dubai - Auckland leg was actually operated by Qantas (A380) - must have been the oldest and dare I say it largest crew I had on any international flight ever - however they where friendly and very efficient. The plane was half empty so many people managed to get 3 or 4 seats for themselves (sadly not me) and sleep. The food was great - even for Economy and the selection of inflight movies was ok. The problems started when I had to catch my connecting flight to Auckland - operated by JetStar - and what a difference! Middle of the night flight and no pillow or blanket, no seats where one could even attempt to sleep on as they do not have head rests that would keep the head where it is - no food either (unless one pays for it and then it's only sandwiches or crisps) - On my online tickets it says by meals (Qantas) - "we offer a wide variety of food" - nothing! The least they could have done is tell their customers. If they do a codeshare that is fine but at least offer the same service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by L Munro    (Australia)

Qantas really needs to lift their game if they want to compete with the other airlines, who are miles ahead in almost every way! The trouble started when they tried to charge me around $150 to book our seat numbers - have never heard of international airlines doing that? I regularly travel to USA and have never encountered that. Travelled to Phuket with the kids, and shunned Jetstar (who fly direct) and paid extra to fly Qantas via Bangkok. The kids really had their hearts set on in-seat entertainment and games, so we decided the extra money wasn't too much, and the extra 4 hours it added to the trip wasn't a big deal if it kept them quiet. Well, what a mistake that was! Qantas in-flight entertainment was poor on the way over, and non-existent on the way home. Said there was a "Technical Fault" on the return and apologised at the end, but really? The planes are just too old. I tried to watch a movie, but the "buffering" and jumping made that impossible - I gave up after the 2nd attempt and just went to sleep. Ordered Duty free when the hostess came around approx 40 mins into the trip (6.25pm departure from BKK), and tried my best to stay awake, but was woken at 3.30am when she finally arrived with it (but had the order wrong anyway). My daughter opted for the pork for dinner - the hostess had run out and only had chicken, and said she'd be straight back with it, but forgot - so she was never fed.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by J Kilroy    (Australia)

I flew on QF1, Sydney to Heathrow, mid July 2014, Business class. This flight was fantastic, all aspects were up to Qantas's usual standard including the inflight entertainment choices. Being able to watch the Kerry O'Brien interviews with Paul Keating again was a very pleasant way to pass the time. Food and wine were fantastic and the crew personalised the service by using my name, this is a nice touch and not all airlines do this. Qantas has the A380 configured as 2x2x2 which is not as good as the 1x2x1 of Singapore airlines, but the mattress topper made a difference and the seat became quite comfy for sleeping. All in all a good experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Vijayakumar Preethy    (India)

QF 1, 29 July 2014. QF 10, 11 Aug 2014. Was very happy with this airline. I flew from LHR to Dubai and must say it was one of the nicer inflight experiences in quite a while. The crew were friendly and warm. The food served was quite nice, and were regularly served refreshments and snacks. The leg room was great compared to a few other airlines. Inflight entertainment other than an annoying radio was good as well.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Godfrey    (France)

Flew Brisbane - Hong Kong on August 16. Due to a mix up in online check-in I had been allocated seat 60B, nearly the worst seat on the aircraft and impossible to change. At the airport (a 55 minute wait for the 'bag drop') the check-in attendant initially said there was no hope of getting a better seat but eventually managed to find me 27A a window seat in the 'quiet' zone just behind Business. Also, an express pass through security. Lunch was served promptly and bottles of water distributed, although it was a day flight the window shades were all pulled down. Crew very helpful - endless pot noodles for those who wanted snacks, plenty of water and soft drinks passed around and - ice cream. Just before landing was served a very awkward slice of hot pizza - a simple sandwich would have been fine. Overall was just fine.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by C Feder    (Australia)

Flew LAX-SYD on Qantas QF12. An extremely enjoyable flight, which I can't say I've ever said about a long haul economy flight! I was lucky enough to score a seat in the upper decks small economy section, even luckier I had an entire row to myself allowing me to stretch out and even get 5 hours of sleep! The flight had an entire economy section empty on the lower deck so it was a quiet flight. Staff were great, very attentive, we had 2 flight attendants looking after our section of just 24 guests! The food as always was economy airline food, edible but nothing special. The wine however was great, the flight attendant was even giving me a Pinot Gris from the premium section as it was open. The IFE was okay, the new releases a were quite limited but the Oscar classics as always were a winner! All in all it was a great flight, even managed to clear customs in 15 minutes in sydney! If you can score a seat on the upper deck, especially one with extra legroom, its almost as good as paying the extra $2000 for premium!

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by S Hassan    (Australia)

Flew on QF2 from Dubai to Sydney in Economy class. I had the option to get on Emirates EK417 too for the same price (departs after an hour QF2 departs) but took QF2 to reduce the transit time at Dubai and in the end regretted my decision. After making the booking Qantas changed the flight time which reduces the gap between the two flights just to 30 minutes. This was not a big issue however simply put the seat pitch and width made it one of the most uncomfortable long haul journey with my wife and two kids. EK417 seat pitch is 32-34 in with 18in width whereas QF2 seats were 17.5in wide with only 31in pitch, hard to move in and out, very painful with the front seats reclined. Besides that the service was better than Emirates (flew on Emirates Sydney-Dubai on the same trip). Emirates served meals thrice whereas on QF2 it was twice. Emirates had also an edge with onboard wifi. But in the end the seat pitch mattered the most.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by R Kent    (UK)

Flew Melbourne to Alice Springs on 737-800. Seat comfort and pitch were fine for a 2 hour flight. Meal was a meat pie which was tasty but crew seemed rather slow with the distribution. Film shown on overhead screens.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Peter Snow    (New Zealand)

Further to my 9 August posting, the saga continued. Qantas phoned us on 8th, just before we left for Barcelona airport to tell us that our seats were required for a bassinet booking from Dubai to Sydney. When we boarded our flight in Dubai on Friday 8 August, there was neither a baby nor a bassinet to be seen. They had simply given our front row seats to two other passengers rather than letting us have our reserved seats back. If this is how the Qantas/Emirates codeshare works, I want no part of it. The Purser on the flight was bemused as he told us that they were not expecting any baby or bassinet at 43B and C. Also, our flight from Dubai to Sydney was going on to Auckland and the menu for breakfast arriving in Sydney was almost identical to that for the Sydney to Auckland sector, just some subtle changes. I have no idea what the Trans-Tasman passengers were actually served, as our flight was diverted to Brisbane for fuel when Sydney airport closed due to fog. Our flight arrived in Sydney about 11.00 instead of 06.00. To add insult to injury, Qantas could not even get our baggage onto our rebooked flight even though they had six hours to sort it out - not even on the following morning's flight across the ditch.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by P Gerner    (Australia)

Flew from Cairns to Melb on a weekday flight, which was completely full. The flight was 15 mins late departing but arrived in MEL on time. The crew were friendly and attentive and provided very good service throughout. This looked like a fairly new 737-800 and the quality of the in-flight entertainment and the viewing screen was excellent. As for the meal, this was a really pleasant surprise consisting of a nice Moroccan lamb dish followed later by an ice cream. Qantas gets its share of knockers, but this flight was certainly up there with the best of any domestic service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Wang Josh    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to Dubai return with Qantas. Onward journey with Emirates. Return flight from Dubai delayed by 3 hours+. On all legs, Qantas service was slow and disorganised. Meal service was reduced as were the drinks. No choice to pick meals either. "Snacks" on all legs were disgusting and mass-produced. Seat selection at online check-in was non-existent. IFE sensitivity was very low. Never again, Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by D Cummins    (Australia)

SYD-PER in business class on A330-200. First generation skybed was comfortable for 5 hour flight. Crew promptly met requests but weren't particularly warm. On entering plane CSM was fretting as crew member meant to be at door to plane wasn't there, not a good look in front of passengers. Wheels were up at 5.30pm but instead of immediately offering a drink once seat belt sign was up crew did not start serving drinks until 6.30. This isn't good enough for a dinner service in business. Whilst Qantas advertise dining for east-west coast flights as international business, selection of dishes a lot less than international flight and not filling, which for a dinner flight was a problem and I had to order room service when I arrived in Perth hotel. Overall adequate but not really doing much to lift the bar on this competitive route under pressure from Virgin.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Peter Snow    (New Zealand)

What a fiasco! The Emirates/Qantas partnership works for some, but obviously not for my wife and me. We booked flights in January for a regular trip from Wellington to Barcelona and return, and reserved our seats at that time. One day prior to our return, we have found that our seat reservation for front row on Emirates economy has been cancelled and we are now halfway back in the aircraft from Dubai to Sydney. Phoned Emirates who said that Qantas had changed them and could easily change them back to the original ones. However, Emirates could not change them for us. phoned Qantas from France (the callcentre is in Cape Town and Qantas does not even fly there) to be told that Emirates changed them and that Qantas could not change them back. During the conversation, the Qantas service agent even changed my seat from row 61 to row 78, and left my wife in row 61 - goodness only knows why! We are both Silver grade FFs and Qantas Club members but it counts for nothing. I am due to make the fifth trip in 18 months on this route and am about to cancel the next one, having only booked it three days ago, and paid for my seats. Singapore Airlines has never treated us like this on the same route - Wellington to Barcelona and return.