Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by O Weighell    (UK)

I agree with the problem with the seat recline in Prem Economy although I do not think they need to reduce the incline but remove a row to give more room to the seats behind. I had an aisle seat but even then found it difficult to get out of my seat when the passenger in front was fully reclined. My fellow passenger in the window seat really struggled to get out. (This could be a safety issue too). I flew the same route, same class and Qantas A380 four years ago and feel that they have reduced the spacing between rows since then. My trip this time was 40% more expensive too. Otherwise staff were great, food was lovely and everything else OK.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Chris Churchill    (Australia)

HBA-MEL-BNE return. All flights pleasant and uneventful. Inflight catering leaves more than a little to be desired. In future, a pre-flight snack or taking food on the flight might be a better option. Cabin crew were pleasant on all four sectors and an added bonus was the allocation of exit row seats on the return journey. Qantaslink causes a few anxious moments with their delays (HBA-MEL-HBA), but are good with informing passengers. Seating is comfortable in all economy seats - even more so in the exit rows where the centre seat is left vacant.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Ronald Zwart    (New Zealand)

Travelled QF172, Y, 21 Sep, Wellington to Melbourne, Boeing 737-800 us usual Y class service superb from the JetConnect crew. All aspects of the service were great and really can't fault the service on this sector of 4 hours. Travelled QF009, Y, 21 Sep, Melbourne to Dubai on the A380 Y Class, full plane, staff friendly and efficient. Food and Beverage service was good with continual water runs throughout the long overnight flight of 14+ hours. Seat comfort was good, limited recline but enough for me to get a good 9 hours sleep on a 14 hour flight.

QF036, J, 3 Oct, Singapore to Melbourne on A330-300. First time in Biz class on this aircraft. Seat was comfortable, roomy and found no 'space' issues. After take off, was served with my pre-ordered Satay Supper, which was yummy. Fully lie flat bed I found to be very comfortable, so much so, I managed a good 6 hours sleep on this sector. Cabin Crew very attentive, customer focused and were a delight. Food and beverage service was also good, can't complain like some others have. QF171, J, 4 Oct, Melbourne to Wellington. Have travelled this sector quite a few times, service is always consistent, friendly and efficient. Food quality and quantity is good, beverage service, just flows. Well done to the Jet Connect branch of QF.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by B Hunter    (Australia)

Flew LHR to MEL, 28 September 2014. On time both sectors. Agree with comments that Premium Economy seats should not recline as far as they do. Had seat in front in my lap the whole journey, which apart from inconvenience at meals also meant entertainment screen could not be viewed properly. The fussy tablecloths should be deleted and perhaps replaced by better food and tray. Extra legroom well worth it. Staff were active around mealtimes but rarely seen during long night sectors. However overall satisfactory but need to watch competition.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Darwin to Adelaide. Upgraded to Business using points for this Saturday afternoon flight. The attention and service is very nice, bigger seats and plenty of legroom, but I feel somewhat let down by the catering. It's very nice to have a gin and tonic for a pre lunch drink, but do I need the pretzels they also serve in economy. There were only two mains offered, a hot and cold option, hot being duck, which I don't eat, and the cold being couscous. The meal was nice enough, but expect a bit more for Business Class. A warm bread roll and small bowl of fruit made up the meal, and later Maggie Beer ice cream. A beautiful Riesling was served throughout the meal, while partner opted for red, and assured me that both were extremely good labels. While the overall experience is very nice, I would like that little bit extra in Business food wise that distinguishes it from Economy. Perhaps because the economy product is generally very good is the problem - after all you get cheese and crackers on some flights, a hot meal and ice cream too. Overall, enjoyable experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Schweizer    (Australia)

BNE-LAX return in business class. Both trips on refurbished Boeing 747-400 air craft. Seat 5 J on both flights is a great seat for single travellers and offers unlimited leg room. Service on both flights very good with good quality of meals and drinks. IFE of good standard with a great selection of movies and recent TV shows. Very comfortable seat and nice turndown service. Seat turns in a bed and I managed to sleep 6 1/2 hours on my way back from LAX. Not so fortunate on my way to LAX but crew kept me happy with good quality snacks and drinks during the entire flight. Did not use lounge in BNE as I am not overly impressed by this lounge. New lounge in LAX very nice but too small to handle all passengers departing on various QF flights in the evening. Will hopefully get better once the new first class lounge opens end of the year. I will continue to support Qantas and will make them my first choice as long as the air fare is competitive.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Corbett    (Australia)

Yesterday flew Brisbane to Perth, QF580. Plane full of families with children including us with two. No in seat entertainment even though it was a new A330. Seats had slots for iPads but no iPads on board. When someone asked, steward explained that it was a new plane that was waiting for fit out which sounds like nonsense to me. No kids pack (same on the way over). We travel frequently with kids. The last time was July and this is the first time no kids pack has been offered. Must be something else QF has decided to cut costs on. Food was average at best. My wife and I commented how the food service had deteriorated over the past 10 years. No care or attention from the predominately male crew. Flight 20 mins late. Bags available quickly which was good. Have been a long time loyal customer of Qantas mainly due to FF but seriously considering other carriers for our next OS journey.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by K Squire    (UK)

Travelled QF9, LHR-DXB on August 22nd. Had pre-booked at a cost of 25AUD per person to allocate seats 75D and 75E. Checked in with no problems, but at boarding gate were advised our seats had been re-allocated. We made the point that we had actually pre-booked and paid for the seat allocation, and were a bit put out that we had been selected to be moved, when in all probability there were other passengers on the flight who had not gone to the trouble of pre-booking seats. Apparently a family wished to be accommodated together. The clerk at the counter gave us our new boarding passes, row 88. We said we were happy as long as they were not next to the toilets. We don't make a habit of sitting near toilets in restaurants, or airplanes, hence the reason we paid the money to pre-book allocation. The clerk checked on his monitor and categorically assured us, they were not next to toilets. Having boarded the aircraft, we realized we were duped. Row 88 is the farthest row back, and is sandwiched between two toilets. Furthermore, the seats have limited recline. They are also immediately in front of a bulkhead, behind which is situated some form of noisy refrigeration unit for the self service galley area immediately behind us. We were not provided with equivalent seats, for which we had paid. More to the point, they were arguably the worst seats on the plane. The constant noise from the flushing toilets and refrigeration unit made it impossible to intelligibly listen to any IFE. My partner was very upset at the reallocated seats, and credit to the cabin crew, they were sympathetic towards our situation, and indeed was not their fault. Whilst on the flight, we walked through the cabin to check out our pre-booked seats. By no means was it a family with young children in our seats. Be warned about paying for pre-booked seats on Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Pope Michelle    (Australia)

Flew Adelaide to Melbourne on Monday 6/10/2014 at 6.05pm (QF694). Flight was delayed slightly, but cabin crew more than made up for this with their excellent friendly service. Very genuine friendly flight attendants who went out of their way to make us feel pampered. For this one hour flight it was incredible that we enjoyed a lovely hot meal which consisted of Spaghetti Bolognese or Stir fry noodles. Both were very tasty. I enjoyed a lovely glass of bubbly and my husband had a beer. They even spoiled us with a lindt choccie. Water was also offered to us. The service was second to none. This is exactly the service with a smile we are looking for. We will fly with them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Singh    (Australia)

Melbourne to Singapore return. Outbound a shambles. 10 hour delay at Tullamarine which highlighted Qantas' ineptitude in dealing with an unplanned situation. The flight itself was ordinary with a grotty plane, but by the time we left we were beyond caring. The return sector was all on time and went as expected. Its been a couple of years since I used Qantas business and (putting the delay issue to one side) their offer is second rate give the price paid. Emirates and Singapore are far superior (in areas of cabin, seating, IFE and service) for the same price.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Nyall Greene    (Australia)

Sept 1st, Economy on QF10 LHR-MEL via Dubai on a A380. We did get a seat on the upper deck and all in all were more than happy with the flight. Cabin crew were professional and yet were ready for a laugh too which always makes for a more enjoyable trip. Seating was a comfortable as one would expect when not flying further up the aircraft but the service, inflight entertainment (love the touch screen) and drinks service were all excellent. Now for the food. I have done this trip about 18 times over the years and honestly had the two best hot meals ever on any airline on this flight. Fish pie on the LHR to Dubai leg which was delicious and the Ricotta and mushroom ravioli. Normally would never touch the bread roll but used it to mop up every little bit of sauce on both dishes. Evidently Qantas are trialing a new menu and big thumbs up to that.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J ODonnell    (Australia)

Short commuter flight from regional area to Brisbane, FAs very professional and well presented, pleasant and helpful. Although on the hour flight there wasn't any inflight VOD the FAs chatted and interacted beautifully with pax and made the trip fun on a flight with school aged kids on a trip to the "big smoke". Flight was on time both going and return. Gate at Brisbane airport less than inspiring but worked for the aircraft. Beverage and snack provided both a pleasant surprise and great opportunity to display artisan Australian foods. Sad that Qantas is struggling at the moment because it has a great reputation IMO and a better product than Virgin Australian who has disappointed us every time we fly.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by P Neal    (Australia)

HK to MEL on an ancient A330-300 with no touchscreen entertainment and a very limited selection of movies. Service practically non-existent, not even a pre-dinner drink for the 8.30pm departure. Crew announcements a shambles. Embarrassed to think this was some people's first Qantas flight. Heard English people behind us swearing never again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Praszek    (UK)

I flew with Qantas at the end of Sept 2014 from LHR to DXB in economy. Seat was ok with some extra space for legs, which is essential for me as I'm tall. Flight attendants were polite and smiling. Pre-ordered special meal was of good quality. Toilets were clean and pretty well maintained. Inflight entertainment was great, especially the music collection. I don't mind flying with Qantas again in the future.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Clive Hutt    (Australia)

Flew QF23 to Bangkok and return QF24 in Business with my wife. Outbound crew was indifferent, ran out of Champagne soon after take off. Return flight over night, seats angled so not conducive to a great nights sleep. No extra pillow available. Crew better on return flight largely due to the efforts of the senior purser, she made up for the lack of enthusiasm for the rest of the crew.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Michael Jaboor    (Australia)

QF 422, Melb-Sydney, 29 Sept. Simply excellent. Left 10 minutes late, but reason explained (twice) and time made up in flight. Plane 100% full, but cabin staff unfailingly polite and pleasant.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Thomas Cunningham    (Australia)

I flew with Qantas from DRW-BNE on a 737-838 and was very pleased with every aspect of my journey. The aircraft was fitted with personal seat-back entertainment which contained a number of different entertainment options that kept me occupied during the flight. The crew were their usual bright and bubbly selves yet still professional about their jobs. The in-flight meal was quite good and was served both quickly and politely. During our descent into Brisbane, a passenger became rowdy and refused to sit down. The crew handled the situation expertly and efficiently. Qantas has again proved its self a quality airline that offers the highest possible level of service and hospitality.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by K Kenneth    (Singapore)

CBR-PER: Travelled in August 2014. Check-in was straightforward and staff was ready to assist me with the kiosk check-in. This was the only direct flight to Perth from Canberra. Was pleasantly surprised to find the plane was brand new and clean. AVOD had good selection and food was pleasant, where alcoholic beverages were served. PER- CBR: The return trip used a different plane. IFE was from the top panel rather than individual AVOD. The interior felt like I was in the vintage 90s, but the excellent service of the crew well made up for it. Flight arrived ahead of schedule. A couple of years I avoided Qantas's flights because of previous unpleasant international flight experiences with them, but it appears that they have improved their standards substantially for their domestic flights.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Whiteley    (Australia)

Flew Premium Economy, LAX to SYD. Flight left on time which was nice to have after some disasters on American carriers trying to get to LAX. Both the meals, dinner and breakfast were fine as was the in-flight entertainment. The staff on the flight were polite, efficient and very pleasant to deal with. My only complaint is the recline in premium economy which, in my opinion, goes too far back as it makes eating, watching movies and getting out of the seat almost impossible for the person behind. In my case, the less than considerate passenger seated in front of me decided to go to sleep just before both meals forcing me to eat in a contortionist manner. The very lovely flight attendant looking after me tried on both occasions to assist with no luck.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

JFK-LAX-MEL in economy. This trip turned into a nightmare due to an unimaginable 'operations' decision that adversely impacted the travel plans of 50-100 passengers. As background, QF runs the JFK-LAX flight for passengers going onwards to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. It is a huge convenience as there is no need to change terminals at LAX, no need to go through TSA security a second time and generally better to fly QF transcontinental USA than the US carriers, except on this night. That said, the JFK-LAX flight on this particular evening was running about one hour behind schedule due to late arrival of the aircraft and typical JFK evening delays - this isn't all that unusual and the delay not all that long. For inexplicable reasons however Qantas chose not to hold the LAX-MEL flight for all of the passengers on the JFK-LAX flight who were Melbourne bound. Even with the one hour delay on the domestic leg, we still arrived LAX before the scheduled departure time of the overseas leg, and the LAX-MEL flight was running 30 minutes behind as well, so Qantas had no legitimate reason not to hold the flight for another 30 minutes or so to get all Melbourne passengers on board. This forced all 50-100 of us to fly a packed B747 instead of the more comfortable A380, lost seat assignments, and change planes in Sydney which is more complicated than you would think (domestic and international terminals aren't close and there is no easy from one to the other), and even worse added approximately five hours to the trip. It is inexcusable, and Qantas has been unapologetic and unresponsive to emails I've written them about their decisions on that evening. It is no wonder that their international business is suffering - on this evening they disrupted the travel plans and offended 50-100 passengers with one very poor decision.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Brown    (Australia)

I found four things seriously wrong with Qantas First Class. 1) The "Chauffeur Drive" service. Arriving in Sydney at 6.30am, having booked a car, I was surprised to be told (after finally locating the tiny, unmarked desk) that there was a 15-20 minute wait until a car was available. Why? How? A car was booked. It should have been there, end of story. Also, in the car before my the previous flight (Sydney-London), I was delighted to receive an expletive-laden tirade across the driver's radio - apparently from one of his colleagues having a bad day. That is not "first class". 2) Baggage. Qantas advertises that First Class bags will be "among the first" to be delivered off the plane. On arrival in Sydney, mine were among the last (both turning up on the carousel a full 50 minutes after landing; I do not remember the timing in London). 3) The breakfast. Scrambled eggs were dry. Avocado was unripe. Pancakes were also dry and overcooked. Coffee was weak and burnt. That is all. 4) The champagne. Qantas advertises three varieties. On every leg of the Sydney-London return trip, the only one available was the Taittinger blanc de blancs. Methinks these are phantoms, included in the wine list solely for appearances.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D Mayo    (Australia)

Recently travelled SYD - Cairns direct and Cairns-Brisbane-Sydney return. Very disappointed on all flights. The food was some of the worst I have had on any flight for a number of years. With three meals in all the most I was able to stomach at each sitting was one mouth full. Entertainment on the Sydney - Cairns leg was a supplied ipad unit which didn't work. The Cairns - Brisbane leg seemed to be a newer plane with inseat screens which worked well and the final Brisbane-Sydney leg had nothing. For full service flights Qantas needs to make a massive improvement if it wants to be taken seriously.