Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by L Munro    (Australia)

Qantas really needs to lift their game if they want to compete with the other airlines, who are miles ahead in almost every way! The trouble started when they tried to charge me around $150 to book our seat numbers - have never heard of international airlines doing that? I regularly travel to USA and have never encountered that. Travelled to Phuket with the kids, and shunned Jetstar (who fly direct) and paid extra to fly Qantas via Bangkok. The kids really had their hearts set on in-seat entertainment and games, so we decided the extra money wasn't too much, and the extra 4 hours it added to the trip wasn't a big deal if it kept them quiet. Well, what a mistake that was! Qantas in-flight entertainment was poor on the way over, and non-existent on the way home. Said there was a "Technical Fault" on the return and apologised at the end, but really? The planes are just too old. I tried to watch a movie, but the "buffering" and jumping made that impossible - I gave up after the 2nd attempt and just went to sleep. Ordered Duty free when the hostess came around approx 40 mins into the trip (6.25pm departure from BKK), and tried my best to stay awake, but was woken at 3.30am when she finally arrived with it (but had the order wrong anyway). My daughter opted for the pork for dinner - the hostess had run out and only had chicken, and said she'd be straight back with it, but forgot - so she was never fed.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by J Kilroy    (Australia)

I flew on QF1, Sydney to Heathrow, mid July 2014, Business class. This flight was fantastic, all aspects were up to Qantas's usual standard including the inflight entertainment choices. Being able to watch the Kerry O'Brien interviews with Paul Keating again was a very pleasant way to pass the time. Food and wine were fantastic and the crew personalised the service by using my name, this is a nice touch and not all airlines do this. Qantas has the A380 configured as 2x2x2 which is not as good as the 1x2x1 of Singapore airlines, but the mattress topper made a difference and the seat became quite comfy for sleeping. All in all a good experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Vijayakumar Preethy    (India)

QF 1, 29 July 2014. QF 10, 11 Aug 2014. Was very happy with this airline. I flew from LHR to Dubai and must say it was one of the nicer inflight experiences in quite a while. The crew were friendly and warm. The food served was quite nice, and were regularly served refreshments and snacks. The leg room was great compared to a few other airlines. Inflight entertainment other than an annoying radio was good as well.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Godfrey    (France)

Flew Brisbane - Hong Kong on August 16. Due to a mix up in online check-in I had been allocated seat 60B, nearly the worst seat on the aircraft and impossible to change. At the airport (a 55 minute wait for the 'bag drop') the check-in attendant initially said there was no hope of getting a better seat but eventually managed to find me 27A a window seat in the 'quiet' zone just behind Business. Also, an express pass through security. Lunch was served promptly and bottles of water distributed, although it was a day flight the window shades were all pulled down. Crew very helpful - endless pot noodles for those who wanted snacks, plenty of water and soft drinks passed around and - ice cream. Just before landing was served a very awkward slice of hot pizza - a simple sandwich would have been fine. Overall was just fine.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by C Feder    (Australia)

Flew LAX-SYD on Qantas QF12. An extremely enjoyable flight, which I can't say I've ever said about a long haul economy flight! I was lucky enough to score a seat in the upper decks small economy section, even luckier I had an entire row to myself allowing me to stretch out and even get 5 hours of sleep! The flight had an entire economy section empty on the lower deck so it was a quiet flight. Staff were great, very attentive, we had 2 flight attendants looking after our section of just 24 guests! The food as always was economy airline food, edible but nothing special. The wine however was great, the flight attendant was even giving me a Pinot Gris from the premium section as it was open. The IFE was okay, the new releases a were quite limited but the Oscar classics as always were a winner! All in all it was a great flight, even managed to clear customs in 15 minutes in sydney! If you can score a seat on the upper deck, especially one with extra legroom, its almost as good as paying the extra $2000 for premium!

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by S Hassan    (Australia)

Flew on QF2 from Dubai to Sydney in Economy class. I had the option to get on Emirates EK417 too for the same price (departs after an hour QF2 departs) but took QF2 to reduce the transit time at Dubai and in the end regretted my decision. After making the booking Qantas changed the flight time which reduces the gap between the two flights just to 30 minutes. This was not a big issue however simply put the seat pitch and width made it one of the most uncomfortable long haul journey with my wife and two kids. EK417 seat pitch is 32-34 in with 18in width whereas QF2 seats were 17.5in wide with only 31in pitch, hard to move in and out, very painful with the front seats reclined. Besides that the service was better than Emirates (flew on Emirates Sydney-Dubai on the same trip). Emirates served meals thrice whereas on QF2 it was twice. Emirates had also an edge with onboard wifi. But in the end the seat pitch mattered the most.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by R Kent    (UK)

Flew Melbourne to Alice Springs on 737-800. Seat comfort and pitch were fine for a 2 hour flight. Meal was a meat pie which was tasty but crew seemed rather slow with the distribution. Film shown on overhead screens.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Peter Snow    (New Zealand)

Further to my 9 August posting, the saga continued. Qantas phoned us on 8th, just before we left for Barcelona airport to tell us that our seats were required for a bassinet booking from Dubai to Sydney. When we boarded our flight in Dubai on Friday 8 August, there was neither a baby nor a bassinet to be seen. They had simply given our front row seats to two other passengers rather than letting us have our reserved seats back. If this is how the Qantas/Emirates codeshare works, I want no part of it. The Purser on the flight was bemused as he told us that they were not expecting any baby or bassinet at 43B and C. Also, our flight from Dubai to Sydney was going on to Auckland and the menu for breakfast arriving in Sydney was almost identical to that for the Sydney to Auckland sector, just some subtle changes. I have no idea what the Trans-Tasman passengers were actually served, as our flight was diverted to Brisbane for fuel when Sydney airport closed due to fog. Our flight arrived in Sydney about 11.00 instead of 06.00. To add insult to injury, Qantas could not even get our baggage onto our rebooked flight even though they had six hours to sort it out - not even on the following morning's flight across the ditch.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by P Gerner    (Australia)

Flew from Cairns to Melb on a weekday flight, which was completely full. The flight was 15 mins late departing but arrived in MEL on time. The crew were friendly and attentive and provided very good service throughout. This looked like a fairly new 737-800 and the quality of the in-flight entertainment and the viewing screen was excellent. As for the meal, this was a really pleasant surprise consisting of a nice Moroccan lamb dish followed later by an ice cream. Qantas gets its share of knockers, but this flight was certainly up there with the best of any domestic service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Wang Josh    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to Dubai return with Qantas. Onward journey with Emirates. Return flight from Dubai delayed by 3 hours+. On all legs, Qantas service was slow and disorganised. Meal service was reduced as were the drinks. No choice to pick meals either. "Snacks" on all legs were disgusting and mass-produced. Seat selection at online check-in was non-existent. IFE sensitivity was very low. Never again, Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by D Cummins    (Australia)

SYD-PER in business class on A330-200. First generation skybed was comfortable for 5 hour flight. Crew promptly met requests but weren't particularly warm. On entering plane CSM was fretting as crew member meant to be at door to plane wasn't there, not a good look in front of passengers. Wheels were up at 5.30pm but instead of immediately offering a drink once seat belt sign was up crew did not start serving drinks until 6.30. This isn't good enough for a dinner service in business. Whilst Qantas advertise dining for east-west coast flights as international business, selection of dishes a lot less than international flight and not filling, which for a dinner flight was a problem and I had to order room service when I arrived in Perth hotel. Overall adequate but not really doing much to lift the bar on this competitive route under pressure from Virgin.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Peter Snow    (New Zealand)

What a fiasco! The Emirates/Qantas partnership works for some, but obviously not for my wife and me. We booked flights in January for a regular trip from Wellington to Barcelona and return, and reserved our seats at that time. One day prior to our return, we have found that our seat reservation for front row on Emirates economy has been cancelled and we are now halfway back in the aircraft from Dubai to Sydney. Phoned Emirates who said that Qantas had changed them and could easily change them back to the original ones. However, Emirates could not change them for us. phoned Qantas from France (the callcentre is in Cape Town and Qantas does not even fly there) to be told that Emirates changed them and that Qantas could not change them back. During the conversation, the Qantas service agent even changed my seat from row 61 to row 78, and left my wife in row 61 - goodness only knows why! We are both Silver grade FFs and Qantas Club members but it counts for nothing. I am due to make the fifth trip in 18 months on this route and am about to cancel the next one, having only booked it three days ago, and paid for my seats. Singapore Airlines has never treated us like this on the same route - Wellington to Barcelona and return.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by I Piet    (Australia)

MEL-DBX, 24th July. Having flown the ME carriers between Europe and Aus a few times, I opted to fly Qantas this time and. I was pleasantly surprised. The A380 looked nice and provided enough room for this 1.90m tall to feel somewhat comfortable during the long flight. Soon after take off they distributed water bottles, which was appreciated as nowadays with the rules on bringing fluids in the plane, I tend to forget to get that bottle on the other side of customs. Our hostess was very friendly, genuinely interested in the passengers she was serving, and smiling even at the end of the very long flight. Plenty to choose from the on board entertainment system and a very smooth flight. I will certainly consider flying Qantas again for the long haul flights.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Susie Rogers    (UK)

LON to DXB, seat 32G - pleasant surprise flying Qantas operated flight on EK ticket. Small economy section upstairs much better than main Econ cabin - only drawback was FA's passing by with service for prem Econ not offered in Econ and having to constantly ask for things. However, once asked, staff were responsive. Eg. Staff coming by with trolleys of drinks in glass/plastic for prem Econ and then returning with paper cups for economy passengers! No drinks service before meal service but meal was edible and perfectly acceptable. Snack was warmed up pizza still in cardboard wrapper, however, overall a better experience than EK on the way back and would definitely choose Qantas in preference to EK in future.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by T Brown    (Australia)

Travelled from Sydney to Perth return on business class. Very impressive service over the continent. Offered juice or water prior to take off. Had a choice of 3 entrees, 3 mains and 2 desserts on each leg, both legs were a lunch service. Food was great as was the choice of beers, wines and desert wines. Seat was comfortable enough for the flight and I was provided with a pillow and a blanket. IFE was of international standard with plenty of options. Highly recommended east to west service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Gary Strahan    (Australia)

QF702, 25th July 2014, from Melbourne to Cairns. The service from the cabin crew to ground staff was outstanding. Meal served was excellent - hot and delivered with a smile from very present young crew member. It's just a pity the airline does not advertise the quality they offer in comparison to their competitors. This is a first class airline that should be supported by all Australian travellers. We will only fly Qantas in future.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Wells    (Ireland)

MEL-DXB, 9 July. The service from Qantas from check-in to landing was warm and efficient and far superior to that of their partners Emirates (who we have had several bad experiences with over the last year or two). There were regular drink runs throughout the flight, the food was decent, the A380 well maintained and the inflight entertainment was great. The 15 hours flew by! Highly commendable all round.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by I Hockley    (Australia)

I returned from Johannesburg South Africa on 25 July 2014. Security was stepped up at JHB airport but was not an unpleasant experience. Boarding went smoothly and so was the flight. Service was great and lots of surprises. I was just very disappointed with the interior of the plane. The seat in front of me on QF64 row 69 was torn and near the service area the plane showed its age. Overall it was a good flight and I will use Qantas again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by L Cervai    (Australia)

QF438, MEL-SYD in Business on B767-300ER. Q streaming product was very average. Incorrect head phones are supplied so that only one ear piece works. They I-Pads have been beaten around and one of ours didn't work properly. The food and service were great but don't think the Q-Streaming is very good at all.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by C Broderick    (Australia)

Recent flight, Hong Kong flight A380 was a refreshing change. Young crew who genuinely wanted to be there. I had a spare seat next to me which was good as my entertainment was not working even after resets. Not a full flight but very relaxing with the chance to talk to the steward looking after me. Welcomed by name and nothing was too much trouble for him. How I remember Qantas being in the "good old days" . Flight departed late due to weather and loading baggage however we made up a little time. The manager even though he seemed rushed and stressed did keep us in the loop with what was happening. It really was a pleasant journey.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Annette Lee Hang    (Australia)

Qantas is an excellent airline (domestically). We were served delicious chicken curry with fresh garlic rice and chocolates, wine and bread on our flight's from TSV-BNE-SYD. We had a very new aircraft with the Boeing Sky Interior and PTV's. I also really enjoyed the cabin and ground crews help as I have an amputated-leg.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Flew Darwin to Cairns on Boeing 717. Flight leaves Darwin at 8pm, getting into Cairns around 11pm. Dinner is served on this flight, hot dish with usual bread roll and dessert in form of cookies, brownies or scrolls of some type. Alcohol is served after and not during or before meal service which I think is odd. Service is adequate, though I find you need to ring for service more and more on Qantas. Food was fine, though beef stew was a bit strange. 717 is quite a comfortable plane, flight was good, though for a two and a half hour flight and no entertainment, prices are quite steep. Used Qantas voucher and points, though if we had paid, would have come close to $800 return each.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Cairns to Darwin on 717. Dinner flight to Darwin. Qantas Club at Cairns practically empty a bit after 6pm. Food on offer very nice, nice wines on offer. Plane full to Darwin, managed to get exit row seat. Dinner was pretty good, spinach pasta with roast pumpkin and sun dried tomatoes. Flight was on time even though it left a little bit late, service fine, but always seems to be a long gap before food trays are collected which is a pain when trying to watch I-pad. Overall, good flight, nothing to complain about.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by P Williams    (Australia)

Flew from Brisbane to Darwin and return Business class. Tired old aircraft, crew were excellent both way. Did the same Hawaii - Brisbane, must have been the oldest aircraft in the fleet. Wont be flying with them again I hope.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by H Gehararigo    (Switzerland)

QF12, LAX-SYD, Business class. My expectation was high since it was my first QF business class experience in the Airbus 380. As frequent users of European and Asian airlines, it was a quiet experience. It seems fellow passengers knows services and facilities very well but I would appreciate some explanation from staff but none. Their service was absolutely minimum. I had to request each time. My largest problem was the seat. Fully flat but there was a hard part at the back which made me very uncomfortable in sleeping position for which I paid a large sum. With regards to food and beverages, I skipped dinner and only had a breakfast. Their continental breakfast was the minimum quantity and quality. Overall, I left pain with disappointment and back pain.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by M Nichols    (Australia)

Flew 747, Business SIN to BNE connecting with my Air France flight from Paris. Flight Attendants were pleasant and helpful and the flat bed seats were comfortable. Food was disgusting and mean! Although the flight departed at 7.20 pm we were offered " supper" which consisted of a small dish of inedible food (dry, rubbery pork and tasteless rice), a slice of bread and a tub of ice cream. Breakfast was similarly lacking - choice of a small bowl of muesli, or a bowl of fruit or a slice of egg pie and the worst coffee ever! After the wonderful service, food and wine on my recent Air France flights, Qantas was a disappointment. Worst business class I have flown and one of the most expensive.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Jansen    (Australia)

Flying with Qantas SYD-BNE-TSV as well as BNE-AKL. All the services that I had received were in my opinion in line with the highest quality (ie: on par with SQ and EK), I had received all options when dining. Departing from Sydney can be a nightmare on even the best airlines, however we departed and arrived on time with the feel that each passenger was a person not just a seat number. All in all, thank you very much Qantas and you are a spirit of Australia.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Anoma Yao    (Ivory Coast)

SIN-SYD, QF6, June 23rd. 1st time with QANTAS, best experience in Economy. After an exhausting 24 hour journey with Emirates between Abidjan and Singapore my son and I boarded an old B747 for the last bound to Sydney. 8 hours night flight in an empty cabin. Seats were comfortable, food was good, wine was excellent, IFE offered plenty of recent and good movies and overall cabin Crew was warm and caring, the best attention I have had in 40 years of flights. Once again hats off to Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Baumberg Gavin    (New Zealand)

AKL-HKG via Sydney on 19th July. This was the first time that we had flown with Qantas for many years. The round trip price was excellent and all sectors of the outwards trip were very good. The SYD-HKG sector on the A380 was excellent. Every aspect of the service was first class and staff were always willing to assist in any possible way. Meals were well presented and quite adequate for the journey. Trays were cleared away at regular intervals and regular water runs made throughout the flight. Nothing was too much trouble for this specific crew on this flight. We look forward to our return flight with them in August.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Chris Dodd    (Australia)

Flew Qantas Sydney to LA on 22nd June 2014. Paid extra for Exit Seats and was not disappointed, extra legroom made the 15 hour flight seem less. The FA (Ned) in our area was extremely helpful at all times. Meals were better than we expected. Overall Qantas is by far the best airline we have travelled with and will do so again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Jacob Choi    (Hong Kong)

QF10 for LHR-DXB connecting to EK380 from DXB-HKG. The first flight aboard QF10 was excellent. If you compare the Qantas IFE to the ICE entertainment on Emirates, I actually found the Qantas one to be slightly more appealing. This is because there were more recent movies that were actually attracting aboard Qantas whereas for Emirates, it is just sheer breadth, but the amount of movies that I actually wanted to watch was just a handful. As I have a habit of collecting playing cards from airlines I travel with, I found it slightly frustrating that you have to actually have to buy it aboard Qantas, whereas you get it for free onboard airlines such as LH, CX, KA, EK, SQ, AY. Nevertheless, the seat pitch, comfort and food service were top notch for economy. What stood out the most were the most friendliest cabin crew, who did not hesitate to help during any time of the flight. As there was a tight connection, I love how the ground staff isolated passengers connecting on EK380 upon disembarkation in Dubai so they could speed us through immigration and transfer.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by R Turner    (Australia)

Last leg of a four leg return to Europe with Qantas/Emirates from Dubai to Sydney. My wife and I experienced the best flight service we have had. From the moment we arrived at the door we felt welcome and valued. The crew were friendly without being obsequious, efficient without being underfoot and always available. In short, nothing was too much trouble. The food was the best I ever had in an airplane and my wife agrees (we had different choices). I have flown many airlines and have yet to experience this quality of service. Although I have always rated Qantas service highly, this particular crew rewrote the book on how to treat passengers.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by W Williams    (Australia)

Flew on QF 107 - SYD-LAX-JFK - in premium economy in mid-June. All up a really good experience with really friendly crew plus decent food and wine. It has been a while since I have been on a 747 and I must say that it is a good solid plane. It is louder in-flight than the A380 but it certainly takes off and lands better. The only thing I could fault is the experience at LAX - I got lost transferring here and eventually found my way, quite frustrating though. They need to give out an instruction card or have people around directing you where to go. This aspect of it was poorly handled & I am not an inexperienced traveller. All up a very good product though and well worth the money.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by I Orosz    (Australia)

SYD-HKG, Business class on A380. Very impressive, warm service, food excellent, seat comfortable. Looking forward to flying with Qantas again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Katrina Kennedy    (Australia)

Flew 26/6 to LA with my two daughters, rude service from the very start at the check in desk, FA's in the economy section were also quite rude. When I asked for a coffee I was asked if I could wait 20 mins for breakfast which turned out to be 45 mins. Snack Bar? Always empty (I asked 3 times if it had been restocked). By the time we arrived in LA I was positive I would never fly Qantas again, I can see why Qantas is slipping down the ranks. As the inflight message states, we have a choice on who we choose to fly with. Thankfully the flight back was better, but I had paid more to fly upstairs. It seems money talks.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by W Williams    (Australia)

Flew JFK-LAX-SYD on the return leg - upgraded to Business on the way back. With the way Qantas have changed their redeeming of FF points, it seemed like a prudent investment of 60,000 points to upgrade (from Premium Economy). Going through the Express passport control at JFK is so much easier & the BA lounge is quite decent. The lounge at LAX is also good - albeit a little crowded when I was there. Both legs of the flight were really well done (very good crew) and good food - the omelette with fetta and smoked salmon at breakfast before landing in Sydney was especially good. The bed worked well - it is the first time I have slept solidly on a plane (and I have flown in Business many times). It was quite amusing seeing the mature FA wrestle the bed cover on with such vigour! I reckon she could take down any recalcitrant passengers easily! There are a lot of Business seats on these 747s and it is worth the upgrade. I only applied 2 days beforehand and managed to get it.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Sam Cramer    (Australia)

I recently flew to LA from Melbourne on an A380 and the entire experience was wonderful. The sale price of the ticket was great and then the flight was even better. Helpful staff, excellent and piping hot food as well as heaps of movies and TV shows made the entire flight a joy. I could not recommend them more highly! The only thing that was a little bit annoying was the default radio channel that plays while you select your viewing options was playing hideous old aussie songs which got a bit irritating after 13 hours.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Gunawanto Johannes Tamawidjaja    (Indonesia)

Jakarta to Sydney in economy class, QF 42 on July 6th, 2014 and departed on time. Returning on QF 41 on July 16th, 2014 but departed a little bit late due to catering. The PTV screen is pretty small and looks cheap. No amenities (toothbrush, sock, eyes shades etc) were given to the passengers. I can not even find any of these even in the toilet. The toilet only provides liquid hand soap and sanitary napkins. Fortunately, the cabin was clean and crews were polite and courteous. Meals were edible. Wines offered were good.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Luke Kelly    (Australia)

Flew on QF94 from LAX-MEL. The flight was delayed by an hour due to a connecting flight with most of the passengers being late. We pushed back to find there was an issue with a gauge on the aircraft and waited on the tarmac for another hour. The captain and crew kept everyone informed very well. The cabin crew were extremely friendly, prompt and professional on the flight. The economy seat is not that comfortable for a 15 hour flight and I found myself walking around a lot more than I should because of that. Food was good for economy as well. Overall a very good flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by D Olsson    (Australia)

I'm putting in a late review for travel Darwin-Sydney and return in early June because I was impressed by their handling of the ash cloud disruptions. Unlike another airline that completely mishandled my bookings, Qantas called me regularly, rescheduled flights quickly and allowed free changes to connecting flights that I couldn't make because of a problem with a different airline. That's generally the biggest plus about Qantas - their customer service and ground organisation is efficient and problems are generally resolved quickly. Inflight, the experience was good with nothing special.Medium-quality food. Service appears to improved drastically compared to a few years ago. Quality individual IFE on the 737 from Darwin-Sydney but the 737 in the opposite direction didn't have individual IFE - which really seems outdated for a 4 hour flight on a major airline.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by P Dean    (Australia)

QF971, July 2014, TVS-BNE. Online check in and boarding pass print out no problem. Always experienced good friendly customer service at Townsville Airport. Boarding went smoothly. Seat 26c as requested and husbands requested seat. Usually on Domestic short flights am offered fruit for snack apple usually on flight up to Townsville previous week as need gluten free so it was great to be offered gluten free ham and tomato sandwiches. Cabin crew helpful, another passenger had cut on head so offered assistants. Announcement to say why landing slightly delayed. Busy in BNE. This was booked as a Qantas flight using Emirates Skyward miles.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by P Beames    (Australia)

Fantastic service. Food was excellent. Cabin was comfortable. Self-service bars are well stocked with good quality food.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by J Morris    (Australia)

SYD-LAX, 21/6/14. Great service, happy crew, A380 great aircraft - quiet and smooth. Food ok, hot snack good. Arrived on time. Onward to JFK, flight up ok. Flight back to LAX, 3/7/14 delayed due to storm, boarded aircraft but sat on tarmac waiting. That is acceptable, however the temperature in the economy section was dangerous, even a crew member said it must be over 40 degrees. Of course the back section was the only hot area. The captain made several apologies but we still roasted. Food on this flight was a disgrace. Crew were great and agreed all was not good. Also the entertainment system had not been changed from the June program. A380 back to SYD, 9/7/14 paid extra for exit row on upper deck, discovered that this is really a walkway for passengers to get to the toilet. Food once again below standard, wine, some generic brand and no pre-dinner drinks allowed. One new film had been added to the menu. Service throughout the night was ok, breakfast awful, not even a bread roll. Overall, economy passengers pay a lot of money for this route, they do not deserve to be treated like peasants.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by J Thomas    (Australia)

Flew Qantas return between Brisbane and Cairns and it was fantastic. Brand new B737's with personal entertainment systems in both directions. The crew were fantastic on both flights. Breakfast and coffee was pretty good, and throughout the flight, the crew did a few rounds of the cabin offering bottles of water and handing out the extra muffins they had left over. Blankets and pillows were available, and we departed and arrived on time. They really exceeded expectations.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Tan Kim    (Australia)

Flew QF 78 from Singapore to Perth. I normally fly budget and they were terrible so Qantas was like heaven. Seats were comfy and spacious, lots of leg room, blankets, pillows, and staff were friendly. That was one thing that has improved over the years - the friendliness of attendants. The plane was well kept and clean compared to the budget ones. Flight was smooth and on time. Food was so so but no complaints from me. I feel the attitude of the flight attendants still has room for improvement in terms of friendliness and service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Bird Graham    (Australia)

Dubai-Melbourne, June 13th, terrible service, water was served then a wait of 60 mins for anything else. Eventually meals served, Sorry no chicken left only Macaroni cheese! International flight. The breakfast was that terrible rubber omelette. Had to wait too long for wine. Why do we have to freeze, when I asked FA, said nothing can be done about it.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by F Wong    (Hong Kong)

A380, HKG-SYD. It was a great flight, A380 is steady and fairly quiet. The upper deck is almost entirely devoted to business class, it is spacious, a flat bed, with great service and nice food and entertainment. There is also a lounge for us to relax, read magazines, watch film and so on. Amenity bag and pyjamas were given out, it was overall, an impressive experience. Arrival to Sydney, was given express card for immigration and custom, it was welcoming as it was quite packed at 7am in SYD airport.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P Talbot    (USA)

Flew RT economy NYC - Sydney last spring (March 2014). Personal entertainment system was fantastic. Seats were very good (considering I was in economy.) With one exception the attendants were all exceptionally nice. The food was very good and the wine was great. The whole experience was excellent.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Xiao    (Australia)

Flew QF29 to Hong Kong from Melbourne - great flight, good service, kept asking for drinks. The entertainment system is really old and our entertainment shut down and we were ignored for 1 hour, the head flight attendant gave us $50 duty free vouchers.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne to Darwin and Alice Springs to Melbourne on B737s. Both flights were smooth and pleasant. Bag drop at Melbourne and check-in at Alice Springs (no check-in kiosks) were easy. Due to strong winds which affected the incoming plane, the Alice Springs to Melbourne flight operated about an hour late. On the 4 hour flight to Darwin a pleasant cold breakfast was served (yoghurt, muesli etc), and just before landing a couple of biscuits and mineral water. On the return flight from Alice Springs my vegetarian roll looked better than the squishy meat pies and sauce served to the other passengers. The seats were comfortable enough for the flight sectors. The second flight was booked using Emirates frequent flyer points. Unlike a previous experience, there was no problem checking in online via the Qantas (not Emirates) website 24 hrs beforehand.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Jennison    (Australia)

We travelled to Melbourne from Dubai on QF110 in economy last month. I have flown Qantas for forty years and each time I fly the seats are more cramped and the service is reduced. Never again. My seat 67B would suit a child of 12y or younger. My knees came to within 5cm of the seat in front of me and when the girl in front lowered her seat it was right in my face. I could not stand up to get out of the seat but had to crawl across the seats to get out. I am 70 years old so this distressed me and I could not face 13 hours in such a cramped situation. The staff were kind and as the plane was not full (am I surprised!) my partner agreed to move to another seat freeing up the three seats for me and allowing me to lie down. We had already flown 7 hours from Madrid with a 2hr stop over in Dubai so were very tired. I slept for a few hours on the mini seats but the armrests don't completely disappear so it was very uncomfortable. We had 2 meals in 13 hours, all forgettable. However the wine helped. I am not heartless and did swap places with my partner to allow him to lie down too for a while.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Harold Bush    (UK)

QF28, Santiago to Sydney in business. The seat was very very comfortable, the service was exceptional and the main course was delicious, although not so the rather boring pumpkin empanadas that I chose for starter. Qantas flight attendants are some of the most attentive and professional I have come across. The amenity kit was nice and included what one would expect. The printed menu was a bit too casual and three were left for me, which was a bit confusing because they were all different. It took me a while to realise (small letters which I find hard to read) that two were from the previous Sydney to Santiago and Santiago to Rio legs (on 11 June the Rio service was a special for the World Cup). Qantas certainly are well above the average and are different in many ways from other airlines. They try to be so different that they do not have a sign for the Business or First classes check in areas in Australia but instead there is just one in black that says Service. This is annoying and idiotic. I went the length of Sydney domestic terminal trying to find the Business class check in area which of course I did not find and was directed to the 'Service' area by a Qantas employee.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by David Jordan    (Chile)

MEL-SYD-SCL. First time with Qantas and liked it a lot. Fast check in, great inflight service. Great food, with lots of wine. Unusual and very tasty mid flight snack. Comfortable seats and enough legroom. I'll be using them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by L Green    (Australia)

Flew QF702, MEL to Cairns and QF703, Cairns to MEL. The two flights were as different as chalk and cheese. Flight up was not enjoyable at all. The food was an inedible tasteless disappointment, with no choice as to what you would like. Lucky we brought some snacks from home! No seatback IFE, only a shared boring movie on a screen I could not even see. Come on Qantas, entertainment is available on Jetstar, for a cost but who cares. How can you expect people to just sit there for 3.5 hours. The small shared screens are an absolute joke. Please either use newer planes with IFE flights 3+ hours or give out ipads Q streaming as is done on the 767. Flight back was on the new VH-XZO with IFE and the food was a lot better and with choice this time. What a difference, it was like flying a completely different airline. I really hope these inconsistencies are dealt with. I have always been a fan of our national carrier, but why pay more if you are getting less then budget airlines are offering. Will recommend mainly on the basis of safety and punctuality.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Donal Ryan    (Ireland)

Singapore to Brisbane. Old 747, Showing wear and tear. Seats very tight no leg room. Staff not friendly and very slow to serve food. No water run during the 7 hours.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by K Dee    (Australia)

JFK-SYD via LAX. Following my review SYD-DFW, I cannot believe Qantas sends an old 747 to New York. Its a 20 hour flight from JFK to SYD via LAX. The seats are like timber and are surprisingly narrow, the leg room is minimal, entertainment system is terrible and very small screen though food was fine, I couldn't wait to get off that flight. Next time I'm flying from JFK I'll just connect to Dallas and fly with Qantas from there, Qantas should be ashamed they send such an old 747 to JFK. Why is there no A380 or 747 similar to the Dallas flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by T Murphy    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to London return (QF 9/10) in business, row 12 both ways (A380). Service on the Dubai - London legs both ways from the London based crews was absolutely superb. Professional, friendly, slick. I would fly Qantas every single time without hesitation if this was the standard. Unfortunately the service from the Australian crews on the Melbourne - Dubai legs both ways was kind of amateurish. Hot towels given out to one side of the cabin and not the other; crews coming through and starting to deliver pyjamas, water and amenities kit without noticing that this had already been done; some customers receiving drink orders before dinner while others did not. The list goes on. Not earth shattering, but disappointing. Row 12 is excellent, with very few distractions or noise. The First lounge at Melbourne airport is a superb experience, while the Dubai and London equivalents are fine. The chauffeur service in both Melbourne and London was excellent.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by K Dee    (Australia)

SYD-DFW, JFK-SYD (Economy). 15 hour flight to Dallas was quite possibly the best flight I have been on. The seats in Economy class on the 747 were excellent, excellent legroom, entertainment was brilliant, food and service excellent. I will more than likely when flying to Mexico or East Coast use Qantas and fly via Dallas. Please see next Review for JFK-SYD.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Boehm    (Australia)

QF 568, PER-SYD, June 17 2014. Boarding was easy. The very seat comfortable good leg room. The food was fine. An overnight flight, it was served in a sack of wrapped snacks, with juice and fruit. I liked the fact the menu keeps changing and isn't the same year in year out. Drinks were served again before landing. Staff were fine.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by John Smith    (Australia)

Flew business class MEL-CNS, 9.30am departure was late due to change of wind. A last minute arrival of a family in business class = parents not seated together so I moved to allow the couple to sit together opposite their two children. I suspect last minute upgrades or Qantas family on standby. The 737-800 was the next gen so very new with very good ambience and good quality entertainment, however, very poor meal service, bread, no salad - main was fruit salad or two eggs with chorizo and spinach. Despite a lunch service and 1.30pm arrival wine not offered, but I think you could request it. I feel that if I was paying $1,000 for the ticket I would feel upset, but I was using points to upgrade and so was the passenger seated next to me, but he paid double my costs as a last minute booking.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by D Cummins    (Australia)

Flew SYD to LHR return in economy and I noticed the little extra no longer exist with Qantas in economy. The food on both legs was tasty however the serving size small. The wine was nice and drinkable and no complaints when I asked for refills. Whatever happened to the hot towels? Whilst Qantas still advertise a basic amenities kit on both flights these were not offered. I found the staff service was friendly and efficient. As a gold FF member I put in for points upgrade and was lucky to get short DXB to LHR leg on outbound flight but would seem very hard now to get an upgrade on this flight. The possibility of the upgrade is why I choose Qantas over Singapore Airlines. Return flight home was delayed by 3 hours with an SMS notification which was later updated to inform the flight was on time only to turn up to the airport for and find out the flight was delayed, so a 6 hour wait at Heathrow. The flight was only half full so I extra space made the seating more comfortable than it would have if packed in. All in all, adequate but there is a reason why flight is half full, hard to maintain the brand loyalty when other airline products are similar priced and better.