Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by M Patt    (Australia)

We flew business class Perth to Sydney on Xmas Day and Sydney to Perth, Jan 17, one may expect Xmas spirit. On the Perth to Sydney flight, I asked the stewardess for a glass of water and champagne about 30 mins after takeoff and was told to wait till they served the food in half an hour. She then walked off and it took 10 mins to get another stewardess as they were all in the food area with the curtains shut. Finally got a drink of water and then when food came around, I was informed that from a choice of 4 only 1 was available as they had run out of the others. It was a one third full business class section and we were the second to be served! I questioned this and she grumblingly walked off and found me an omelette. We never saw the staff without having to ring the bell. Sydney to Perth again I was told to wait until the meal was served before I could get a drink of juice and wine. I got better service in economy. But the male crew were fabulous, friendly and brought us drinks without having to wait until the food was served. Seats were frayed and vinyl split, some of the reclining buttons did not work. Food very average. Very poor female crew and overall and I will not fly Qantas business class out of choice ever again. I will go back to Singapore, Cathay, Air NZ and Virgin.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by F Bernard    (France)

Cairns-Sydney, Business. Excellent cabin crew, always paying attention on me, large business seat (very comfortable) and delicious meal. I was disappointed by the bad quality of the headphones despite of the staff's efforts to change it (it was the same one than in economy).

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Huss Oliver    (Australia)

I have just flown from Munich to Melbourne and had a direct comparison between Emirates and Qantas. I have been flying Qantas for over 23 years and was always loyal to our national carrier however now having flown with another carrier and being able to directly compare Qantas have a lot of improving to do.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by F Bernard    (France)

LHR-SYD, QF2. My journey to Sydney began when entered the aircraft. The crew were friendly, did their best to serve us. I really appreciated the constant attention of the crew, when serving water and refreshment during this long "kangoo-route" via Dubai. The seat was very comfortable, the entertainment was the best of anglo saxon world, and meals was delicious (despite we hadn't starters) with locals Australian products. Qantas is for me the best airline in the world, this is not about "bling-bling", Qantas has his own identity and culture, and it give us the best example of the Aussie culture. I look forward to flying them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by D Mulcahy    (Australia)

SYD to BKK, 15th Jan. Return 19th Jan. Flight full both ways in both classes. Old plane, hard seats poor food choices outbound-didn't eat on return sector. Outstanding mature crew on both sectors. This business class service is now way behind Thai Cathay Singapore etc. Marginally better than Jetstar Star Class. Needs a drastic facelift.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by A Kutlu    (Australia)

A330-300, MEL-HKG QF29, HKG-MEL QF30. It was a quite old plane with very old seats and useless flight entertainment system. No hot towels neither refreshment wipes before the flight. Polite looking but unfortunately unhelpful cabin crew. I had a special request food but could not eat it because of the heavy spice taste and smell. I went to the kitchen and asked for something else to eat according to my special dietary requirements but got the answer "there is nothing for you to eat on this plane" rather then getting offered simply for a piece of fruit or a packet of crackers. The person in front of me asked for a spare bottle of water but was declined. Finally, I have got the impression from the cabin crew that I have to enjoy with what I have got because they were too busy and unwilling to offer any more than that. This was my first flight experience with Qantas and because of couple of small problems, it will probably be the last one.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by M Burrow    (Australia)

Flew Sydney-Melbourne late last week. I was shocked to be served a chicken and corn pie - it was awful, Qantas has really hit rock bottom, no alternative available like I would have had on other airlines outside Australia. The overall service is now much like American domestic carriers - little or no service at all! Staff gave little or no assistance to passengers trying to find locations for luggage storage overhead, hence the flight was 10 min late before all passengers were settled. The seats also have an unusual shape which for a longer flight would become quite uncomfortable. QF please learn from your Asian competitors.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by G Penola    (Turkey)

Flew QF548, SYD-BNE on 21 Jan on an ageing 738. Business class seats were worn out and filthy. Inflight entertainment was poor. Service from the cabin crew was very friendly. It's clear that some of QF's fleet need a "spruce up" to bring them up to the standards of their competitors.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Wade Lindqvist    (Sweden)

QF 5, A333, SYD-SIN, Jan 18. On time departure and early arrival. Service as per menu. The food was in fact very good for an economy experience. Efficient and pleasant cabin crew. The cabin manager was great Qantas need all the people like him they can get. Wide variety of quality drinks. Plenty of hydration runs. IFE OK screen a little small and variety adequate. Overall a pleasant experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Rob Cooper    (UK)

London to Dubai A380. This was my first time on Qantas in many years as last time I flew them I felt they were very poor, but have read how much they have invested in improving the product so wanted to try again. This was the first leg of a multi-leg journey in combination with partner airline Emirates which made for an interesting comparison. A380, although relatively new was starting to look tired inside. Dark carpets and dull seat colours made for a very dark, gloomy interior. Seat comfortable, but legroom surprisingly tight especially considering the long flying times Qantas international flights make. Inflight entertainment, good sized touch screen tv screens with very good selection of movies, TV, music and games. Inflight entertainment on from gate to gate which is a great touch. Crew predominantly British, friendly and professional. "Supper" service served from London to Dubai, which essentially consisted of choice of hot main meal and small desert. Tasty meal, but for an evening service where dinner would normally be served, very limited. A tiny carrot muffin and juice served just before landing. Qantas are obviously cost cutting, evident through their reduced meal service, adding more rows into economy by removing a number of toilets at the rear of the A380 and lack of legroom. It was not a bad service or product, but it could be so much better, especially in line with what their partner Emirates offer.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by B Lawrence    (Australia)

SYD-HKG, 747 with the newer seats and IFE that you can start from the moment you sit down. Much more comfortable than the other, older 747s and the same as the newer A380's. One thing that I really like about the newer Qantas economy seats is the footrest. It's like a spring-loaded hammock for your feet which I seen on no other airline and is much more comfortable. Staff attentive and I never had to wait. food was a bit better than expected (but who expects too much from Economy?). Still it was quite Ok. Departure was a little delayed but we caught up during the flight time and arrived on schedule, so no issue. Overall good service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by B Lawrence    (Australia)

SYD-MEL Return. Check-in very easy and service good. Attentive crew who did fine. The interior of the plane was a little older but the service made up for this. IFE not really a point on such a short flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Tony Hall    (Australia)

BNE-SIN. Economy. Pushed back nearly 40 mins late because of congestion at Brisbane airport and we also arrived late because of bad weather en-route. The IFE had a tiny seatback screen and I found it difficult to get a hang of how the menus worked. It was easy to accidentally knock the controls when seated. The new Qantas meals had not yet been introduced on this route but, nevertheless, the food and wine were of a very good standard for economy. However, what really made the fight were the older and very professional cabin and flight crew who instilled complete confidence throughout. Overall, a pleasant flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Darwin-Cairns. Evening flight to Cairns from Darwin, approx 2 and a half hour flight on Boeing 717. Flight comfortable, quite like these planes. Dinner is served on this flight, and as on previous flights out of Darwin, food served is a little over cooked. Salty chicken with rice and spinach. Nice food in refurbished Darwin Qantas Club and beverages of course. Took some snacks on board including the Christmas tree shortbread biscuits. Service was very good on this flight, purchased a couple of wines with dinner, and thankfully a drink service took place before dinner. Flight on time, comfortable overall, good price considering so close to Christmas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by J Weston    (Australia)

Since when did a full service airline stop letting you choose seats in advance or when checking in online? What kind of a joke is that? Even though I turned up at the airport 4 hrs before my flight took off I couldn't get my desired seating (aisle and middle seat in middle row) with my partner. Other than that, things were ok as expected but not great. Only flew with them because Virgin Atlantic stopped flying from AUS to HK.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by D Palmieri    (Australia)

QF36, SIN-MEL overnight flight on A330. A nice service although on such a short flight sleep time is limited given a dinner service and light breakfast before arriving in Melbourne. Top marks to the updated lounge in Singapore, dining options excellent.

Gold Coast-Sydney-Darwin. 737-800, GC-Sydney, nice plane, fairly new, full, flight advertised as an hour and a half which it took due to bad weather. They serve lunch on this flight which consisted of a warm beef wrap and whatever drink you like, non-alcoholic. Wrap very tasty and fine for such a short flight after food in GC Qantas Club. Purchased a bottle of wine for the usual six dollars. Pilot kept passengers up to date the entire flight, overall good experience. Continued on to Darwin from Sydney after 4 hour stopover in Sydney Qantas Club, as usual very nice food and drink selections in QC. 737-800 to Darwin, plane seemed new, plane was barely a third full so service was quick, had a nice pasta dish for dinner. Crew were great both flights, and scored exit row seats both sectors. Good trip.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by T Angus    (Australia)

Perth-Sydney. Flight was on an A330-200 but we had to change planes because of malfunctioning landing gear. So I went back to the lounge which was ok but had a very poor food selection. We then changed planes to a former Jetstar A330 and got upgraded to business, there were no TVs but rather iPads, which didn't bother me. We then heard because of the delay we have no catering because it would take too long to load the food on the plane and if we put the food on we wouldn't beat the Sydney airport curfew. Because there was no food they had to use leftover pretzels and drinks from the other flight. Then when we taxied to the runway we had to return again because someone dropped their headphones which stopped the door from closing, then we finally took off and the flight attendants didn't want to be disturbed (which I don't blame them) but they where still quite responsive and they had a great sense of humour. Business class was bad but at least Qantas is upgrading them to a much better looking product. Overall the experience was bad, but they where very responsive and happy to help. I'll fly with them again and hopefully it will be better.

Cairns-Darwin. Flew this route late December. Left Cairns early evening, Cairns Qantas Club empty due to no flights. Dinner served on this 717 aircraft, tasty beef stir-fry with noodles and prompt drink service. Plane not overly full, great crew again, quick efficient service and staff on hand to meet drink requests. Scored an exit row seat as I had on my trip into Cairns, overall good flight and nothing to complain about. Flight on time, always enjoy this trip both ways.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by F Wong    (Hong Kong)

HKG-SYD-PER-SYD-HKG: Contrary to the previous comment left by J Rose. I got lucky and had the A380 on both international legs. The service and seat comfort are superb! The food portion tend to be a bit small because of budget cutting, but asking for second helping is never a problem with them. Very good wine served on board and topped up frequently. The A380 flat bed is very comfortable and provided several hours of decent sleep. Entertainment system is fine too with a vast array of choices to keep me happy. They give out express card to speed up the process at the immigration, I was able to drop the bags again, and relax at the domestic lounge (huge!) and had a nice shower and freshened up for the domestic leg. For domestic sector, they use the A330, but the seat is still comfortable, food and service decent. Return leg is more or less the same story, fabulous crew on all legs, friendly, pro-active and lively. Perhaps I was just lucky? I rated my trip very highly and will recommend.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by N Bettin    (UK)

So if you want to know what it would be like flying long haul on Ryanair, just book Qantas! Now to be fair, Ryanair do at least advertise themselves as a budget airline and the prices are cheap to reflect that. Qantas on the other hand are not! As a national carrier they should be ashamed of themselves - but to codeshare with the likes of Emirates is nothing short of farcical in this day and age. They are simply a world apart and do not deserve a 4-star rating. There were times past when BA were pretty abysmal, but sadly Qantas have managed to take that a step further. So we booked Economy seats but spent an extra 100 each to get extra legroom by the exits. By the exits also means by the toilets, so we suffered the inconvenience of people treading on our toes as they used the area to queue and perform their inflight stretching. But that is nothing really to moan about. What was really unacceptable was the general nonchalant and uncaring attitude of the staff - who freely admitted to being new to the long haul. It was New Years Eve, and one might have thought that being Australian was a good enough reason to celebrate the occasion as we flew across the various timezones on our Melbourne-Dubai-London flight. But no - Qantas managed to sidestep that and the thought that just a few of the passengers might appreciate a small bottle of bubbly to see in the New Year. Fat chance! About half an hour into the flight we were offered their 'Welcome drink'. A scratched plastic jug was waved in front of us containing some lemon and elderflower cordial. The dinner service followed about an hour later (about 2am Melbourne time) - though I wondered why? The food was actually pretty good - so no complaint there. But the general lack of attendance by cabin crew was appalling. Friends had warned me not to book Qantas - and it really would be my last resort from now. Anyone heaping praise on them in their review clearly expects vary little in the way of customer service. It begs the question what airline they normally fly on. Sorry Qantas - get your act together your were shocking!

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Forbes    (Australia)

QF511, BNE-SYD on a Boeing 737-800. What an enjoyable flight! For only a very short flight I was pleasantly surprised that seat-back inflight entertainment was provided with an excellent range of movies, television, music etc. The interior of the cabin was sleek, modern, comfy and clean with plentiful legroom and seating space. The FA's were professional and friendly, giving us extra bottles of water upon our request. Really cannot fault the service on board. Breakfast was simple - just muesli, milk and apple slices, adequate for such a short flight. Only negative was that my headphones snapped after opening the packet but this was easily forgiven when the lovely FA promptly fetched me a new one. Without a doubt this was the best domestic flight I had ever taken! Would definitely recommend.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by B Stewart    (Hong Kong)

Four QF sectors over Christmas/New Year, AKL-MEL, MEL-PER, PER-SYD, SYD-HNL. On all sectors, the food and wine offerings were excellent although on our SYD-HNL flight, the dinner service at three hours took far too long. First Lounge in SYD was chaotic but always is around the holidays. Cabin Crew service varied from outstanding to surly. Overall, happy that we chose QF despite variable hard product and a couple of unpleasant crew who should probably reconsider their career in the service industry.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by G Wayling    (UK)

Flight was London Heathrow (LHR) to Sydney (SYD) on the A380 both ways. I have to say this was one of the most comfortable long haul trips I've ever had to Australia. I think the economy seats on the A380 are as good if not better than anything that has been offered in economy before. I thought the staff were very good overall, although a couple of flight attendants were not very friendly. The food is now largely served without trays which is fine by me. I thought that the food was mostly good, especially the chicken salads offered on several legs. However I was a bit annoyed to miss some of the food which was delivered while most people were sleeping. I think they should perhaps deliver some of these things while more people are awake. I ordered the meal in advance on my Sydney to Dubai leg and this was a bit ordinary, but overall I thought the food was decent. My main gripe with the service is that they no longer offer a complimentary toothbrush on this (very) long haul flight. I think it is a bit mean to deprive people of something with which to clean their teeth on effectively a 24 hour journey and I hope they reintroduce this again, at least for this very long haul flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Tony Laverghetta    (Canada)

SYD-MEL, A333 and BNE-PER, A332. I love flying Qantas and they never disappoint me. First flight was a short one of approx. 1 hour and still the magnificent crew managed to provide with a light meal, soft drinks and good smiles. Departed and landed on time. Second flight was a long one from Brisbane to Perth on an old Airbus 330-200, domestic configuration. Again the crew was great, they couldn't do more to assist us, food very good, great variety of drinks. The only negative comment was that we didn't have IFE however the day before the departure I received an email from Qantas apologising and providing extra frequent flyer points for future use. Can't wait to fly internationally once again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by D Pugh    (Australia)

Flew Emirates from Sydney to Heathrow, and return Emirates (QF Codeshare) Birmingham to Dubai, and QF 2 from Dubai to Sydney. First time and last time I would ever choose Qantas. Received lunch about an hour or so into the flight from Dubai, and then nothing until 12 hrs later when dried scrambled eggs and "sausages" were offered for breakfast about an hour out of Sydney. Compared to food offered on Emirates, Qantas are way behind the 8-ball. Coffee was offered twice in 14 hours and both times cold and undrinkable. Qantas A-380 had far less comfortable seats as opposed to Emirates, could not get comfortable the entire flight. Inflight staff did not appear to be pleased if they were asked for anything, more along the lines of we were putting them out. I am ashamed to call them our national airline.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Howsam    (UK)

A380 London - Dubai, Melbourne to London via Dubai. Paid A$90 for exit row seat on each leg, which I think is reasonable and definitely worth it for extreme long haul. Although I chose row 79, which fronts a main galley and is very noisy, I'd avoid this row in future. Food was the real surprise - Qantas have done away with all the dinner accessories (biscuits, salad, cheese, chocolate etc) and instead serve much bigger main portions, and they were actually amazing, very impressed. IFE also very good. Around 100 Oscar winning movies going back to 1970, plus recent releases and full series of TV shows, which is great. Overall, very competitive full service airline - would recommend on the arduous Europe-Australia cattle class route.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by John Kneijber    (Australia)

Travelled Auckland to Brisbane 5th January, 2015. Have never been a fan of this over-rated airline, therefore I should have known better, however decided to give them a go after getting a sale fare. Positives - smooth check in, good customer service manager on board and ok food. Negatives - tacky lounge in Auckland, service operated by Qantas subsidiary, Jetconnect, who operate a handful of 737-800s across the Tasman, narrow body aircraft that have a premium cabin masquerading as a business class cabin, seats that could best be described as premium economy, crew who refuse to serve you 40 minutes before arrival because 'we are about to land', dreadful inflight entertainment, on tiny screens, with old movies, old TV shows and old music. Back to Air New Zealand from now on. At least they know what customer service means.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Lacey Heather    (Australia)

Paris-Dubai on Emirates, then Qantas from Dubai to Melbourne. We were simply amazed at how wonderful the Emirates experience was. The Economy class cabin was very well staffed, the cabin crew were impeccably dressed and couldn't have been more attentive. We were offered drinks early in the flight and they even had a brandy on offer! On the six hour flight we were asked twice more if we would like another drink. The meal was good for Economy and we got little extras offered like an ice cream. On the Qantas QF10 flight Dubai-Melbourne we had paid the extra for the exit row seats in economy but to our horror we were seated in 48 B and C so were adjacent to the cabin crew's work areas and kitchens. Note to self- don't book these seats again on an A380! While the Qantas cabin crew were very friendly, but we were not asked if we would like a drink of any kind until quite a way into the flight and then it was a small glass of cordial out of a jug. Then we were given a beef wrap (not bad) in a box (no tray) which was the last I saw of any service until two hours from Melbourne when I was offered a banana. Mind you, I was sleeping for a lot of the flight, so it's unfair to criticise as I didn't really need service but what would I have got had I been awake, I wonder? The meal offered at the end of the flight looked very poor and I opted for cheese and biscuits. Sadly we concluded that we wouldn't fly Qantas again on a long haul flight if we could get an Emirates option at the same time. Compared to Emirates, it would seem that everything about the inflight service on Qantas flights needs a big shake up. Our national airline looks and feels tired and will struggle to compete with the Middle Eastern airlines for much longer.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Heathcote Robert    (Australia)

QF 97, 3 Dec 2014 and return QF 128, 15th Dec. I have flown many airlines internationally and Qantas doesn't even come close. Poor level of comfort in business on the A380. Emirates business is first class compared to Qantas business. The meal (dinner) was ok, pretty basic but after 2 hours in the Hong Kong business lounge I wasn't overly hungry. The service was poor. Not a lot of attention given to individual passengers. Awoken a full 2.25 hours prior to landing for the worst breakfast I have ever had. Filling out a breakfast order form ala room service is just an aid for the staff to get it over as quickly as possible in the morning. No other airline requires this, just poor class. I was looking forward to the relaxing flight home in the flagship plane. Never again for me. No wonder the National Carrier is in trouble financially. 4 of us going to Europe in June, yes, with Emirates even though Qantas are now sharing the route. Be worth paying much more to go another airline even if Qantas are more expensive. Service with a smile..yes, but not much service though unfortunately and definitely a cheaper all-round experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Andrew Jane    (Australia)

Sydney-Dallas, LAX-Sydney. A380 PE window seat across, inside aisle back. All up a really good product and will definitely use again. Just a couple of minor quibbles, reflecting concerns of others. The foot rest extending from seat is a bit of a waste of time. I am only 165cms and it was too short for even me. Also, the seat recline perhaps goes back too far making access from window seat tricky resulting in a bit of arm rest gymnastics. I had no trouble with IFE or meal table with seat in front fully reclined as reported by others though. The meals were fresh and tasty, close enough to business class quality. PE now shares washrooms with business on upper deck. Thought the queues would be bad but not the case after all. All up though it was the warm, friendly, understated service from Qantas staff that was the highlight. An 'upgrade' to business class for last hour of flight into Dallas so as to exit plane quickly for tight connecting flight was a nice touch.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Hollows    (Australia)

BNE to LAX in December last year in business. We flew on one of the refurbished 747s on the upper deck and it was fantastic. The upper deck is definitely the place to be. I had expected to feel claustrophobic but it was surprisingly spacious. There were storage pockets everywhere, the cabin was spotless, and the flight attendants were relaxed, friendly and very attentive. I didn't manage to get any sleep (never do on planes) but enjoyed the flight nevertheless and arrived feeling relaxed. The espresso coffee was excellent. For the return - the new lounge in LAX was bigger than I'd expected after hearing all the talk about it being cramped. We were one of the last flights out for the night but there were still plenty of comfortable seats available and the food was good. The lasagne in particular was wonderful.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by N Kiss    (Singapore)

Its been a very long time since I flew QF internationally. Currently based in Singapore I've been travelling SQ mostly but a recent trip to London then down to Sydney then back up to Singapore I found the best pricing to be on QF business class. The A380 flight from London to Dubai was reasonably OK but only just. The A380 business class was very disappointing. The food and service was great but the seat and comfort was extremely average. I connected to Sydney in Dubai on an Emirates flight (QF flight number). Why would anyone fly Qantas on the same leg? When you are paying $8K+ for your airline ticket, Qantas just doesn't cut it. The difference between Qantas and Emirates was extreme. Emirates was probably the best business class I've travelled on. Service and food was exemplary (despite the noisy Australia soccer team being on the same flight). But unfortunately it got more disappointing when I got on the A330 flight from Sydney up to Singapore. This just doesn't compare with any of the major airlines business class. It's simply not worth the cost at all. I was very disappointed but I will say the crew were great and the food better than Singapore Airlines. Qantas really have been left behind. I may get on another international flight but It would be my 4th or 5th choice and I would only do it if it was my only choice. Why people would pay the same price and fly Qantas when there is so much more to offer on other airlines is beyond me.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Peter Deeps    (Australia)

Travelled business class from Sydney to Darwin. Cramped and uncomfortable in biz. Light dimmed for sleeping but light from galley glared into passengers faces all night. Staff never tried to pull galley curtain and QF have removed the aisle curtain in their minimalist obsession. Staff appear disenchanted and struggle to appear genuine.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

QF 127, HKG-STD in Premium Economy. In typical Qantas fashion they swapped out the scheduled A380 for an old B747 which made the trip miserable. To make it worse the entire P/E cabin filled with an oversold economy cabin overflow leaving the rest of their regular customers hung out to dry on Christmas Eve no less.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Humphris Andrew    (Australia)

Decided to try Qantas for the first time on an International flight to Dubai on QF 9 & 10. Short answer - sub standard. Flown on Singapore, Malaysian and Emirates over the last few years and Qantas is way behind the competition in terms of efficiency, service and comfort. From check in were we were told that that we had exit row seats which turned out to be incorrect, a 45min delay, slow service both getting meals out and in particular clearing plates and you cannot get a scotch whiskey or a brandy and dry? Our baby bassinet looked more like a solitary confinement gaol cell when compared to other airlines and our young one wouldn't sleep in it due to in being very claustrophobic. First and last time I will be flying Qantas International.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Nicholas Janides    (Australia)

Melbourne-Perth-Melbourne A330-200 services. Two excellent and faultless journeys. The crew were really friendly and a delight to be around. I noticed that the food is getting much better. The thai beef with noodles and my Texas BBQ Beef on the return journey was tasty and very fresh. I have mostly flown with VA for business over the last 12 months and was happy to make another return to QF for my latest flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by W Burchell    (Australia)

Flight from Melbourne to Brisbane on old 737. Started in Qantas Club whereby food was good but kids section is in need of a very urgent refurbishment. Flight departed on time, staff were all friendly and professional, food was a hot meal and was an improved offering compared to recent pas. More taste and more of it. Arrived slightly early and bags were ready by the time we got to there. The down side to Qantas is the variation in the 737 fleet and we coped an old one with no personal TV which in 2014 is just not good enough.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by S Aitken    (Australia)

My husband and I had not travelled on Qantas for a few years despite travelling to UK every year due to previous bad experiences with them. This year we thought we would give the airline another chance. Boy, were we sorry. Miserable staff, food appalling, headsets didn't work. When you can chose multiple airlines to travel overseas from Australia you would think they would at least try to offer a good service. The Asian and Indian airlines can teach them a few tricks.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Brennan    (Australia)

Flew Business Class Singapore to Melbourne on 10 December leaving at 8.30pm and were less than impressed with Qantas. The staff were excellent but the "meal" if you could call it that, was truly appalling. We could choose from about 5 dishes, no entrees, no salads to go with it. I had a chicken patty in a bun, that was it part from being offered a slice of bread. My partner chose a duck stew type of dish which was small and not very tasty. Dessert included a choice of cheese, a couple of others and a tub of ice cream! And this was supposed to be the much lauded Neil Perry food. Clearly part of the various economy measures from Mr Joyce, along with the disappearing QFF points, inability to use the Gold membership in the priority boarding queues etc. We paid a lot of money for our tickets and won't do so again. In contrast we flew to Singapore on Emirates which was a delight in every way from the service, aircraft, entertainment and food. Qantas entertainment was very limited with only a few movies and quite old TV series. After being a Qantas FF since the late 80s I will be moving to Emirates as soon as my membership runs out.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by H Tib    (Australia)

MEL-ADL. Short flight though meal was served. Tried the fish and chips thinking this was different to the usual fare however the fish and chips were tepid, soggy and inedible. Crew as always on Qantas were hospitable and efficient.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by L Baseley    (Australia)

Both my husband and I fly 2 domestic Qantas flights each week for work in Sydney, I can honestly say that in the last 6 weeks at least, not one flight has run to time. Last week my husbands Monday morning flight was delayed 3 hours, they don't notify you of delays which is very inconvenient. Yesterday my flight did three circles over Cessnock before heading to Sydney landing us nearly an hour over time. I think Alan Joyce should take up hotel management as that is where his head is and let someone who is concerned about getting people to where they need to go in a timely fashion and maintaining the services at the airport not worrying about the Qantas lounges, there are too many staff doing nothing and the inflight staff are well past their expiry date. When you do one or two flights a year its not concerning but travelling 50 weeks a year it gets a bit up your nose. If only we had practical choices other than Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Flew Darwin to Brisbane on 767-300, an aircraft used a long time on this route and about to be retired in a couple of weeks. Plane, while refurbished, was showing its age, however still very comfortable in exit row seat. Lunch served on this flight, chicken and macaroni, while tasty, tired looking with the usual bread roll and chocolate bar. If Qantas continues to promote itself as a premier carrier, might be an idea to reintroduce a new meal range for its domestic sector. Service was very good on this flight, great crew who were pleasant and efficient, even scored a free wine. Ice-cream served later. Flight was on time, overall, good experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

SYD-Santiago (SCL)-SYD in Premium Economy. I can only echo other's previous comments on the superb nature of Premium Economy on Qantas' long haul services. My very recent return to SCL could not be faulted, especially the incredibly professional cabin service and obvious professionalism of the flight crew on this flight, which could be considered one of the 'great airline journeys of the world' and the fact this flight skirts the Antarctic Ice Shelf. Food, wine and seating were excellent but the crew's attention to detail was outstanding. I sense Qantas becoming a world leader again in long-haul international flight standards. I only wish Qantas had Premium Economy in its A330s (as Cathay Pacific does).

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Selby    (Australia)

Domestic business Brisbane to Perth QF589 and 598, business cabins only up to premium economy standards but the crew and service made this trip great, highly professional, polite and nothing was to much trouble. When they do the refits to these aircraft's I think that Qantas will be number one on the east west route.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Kaushik    (Australia)

Travelled Y class from SYD to BNE on a 737-800. Flight was on time and quite comfortable. Ordered vegetarian meal was surprised to be served a hot meal on such a short flight. Quality of the food was so-so. Best part of the catering was the Lindt chocolate they handed out after the meal. Crew were friendly and obliging. Would certainly travel with them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by T French    (Germany)

QF09 from Melbourne to Dubai. This is the first time I have flown Qantas in a number of years and sadly the business class offering has not got any better. Despite being an A380 the seat was broken and was uncomfortable in the upright position. The cabin already looked worn, and the side lockers frequently popped open. After the initial boarding drink, it was 2.5 hours after take off when the meal was delivered and a second drink finally offered. However, they did manage to have time to walk the isles offering duty free for purchase. Considering the flight didn't leave until 23.30 even small things such as socks were not available until approx an hour in to the flight, which was quite frustrating for those wanting to get quickly in to the night time routine. The crew were abrupt to the point of being hostile. I can't think of a worse business class experience than Qantas. At least the next leg of the journey was with Emirates, but that just highlights how poor the Qantas offering really is.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

QF 127, SYD-HKG in premium economy. Absolutely delightful flight. The A380 seasonal service makes a huge difference in flight quality vs either the A330 or B747 service they run most of the year. Extraordinarily comfortable, with top notch professional crew and great service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Jarvis    (Australia)

SYD-DFW, B747. Average flight, thought the re-fit of the 747's would be a little nicer than it was. I guess you can't escape the fact that it was an older aircraft. Had an exit row seat - well worth the extra $$$ for a long haul flight. Flight Attendants were good - but not great. Not really interested in you, and very rushed and cold in everything they did. Having said that - inflight entertainment was great. All round pleasant experience, despite the slight downfalls with aircraft and staff.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Jarvis    (Australia)

MEL-ADL, B737. This was hands-down the best Qantas flight I've had. Better than any domestic - better than any international. The staff were excellent. Friendly and helpful and not stand-offish like some can be. The aircraft was brand new - so it was wonderful. Clean, excellent seats, lighting and the inflight entertainment was just as good as any international flight! Apart from the dry and disgusting muffin served as our snack - I could not fault it!

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by A D Storey    (USA)

DFW - SYD rtn in Premium Economy. Flight to Sydney diverted to LAX because a passenger had a heart attack. Crew and ground staff fantastic getting everyone booked and transferred to hotels and back to the airport the next day. Flight back to DFW was "uneventful". Crew service was excellent. Meals and wine selection also of a high standard. Definitely worth the extra money for a comfortable seat.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Thurgood    (Australia)

Very poor service these days. Used to be a premium airline, now very discount. Frequent delays, poor customer service (on ground and inflight). Constant cost savings. Very poor complaint resolution process, you can expect to receive a reply saying "we trust you will accept our apologies."

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by T Hundarto    (Indonesia)

QF142 AKL-SYD and QF42 SYD-CGK in economy. Got an exit row seat for the AKL-SYD leg, very comfortable and spacious. B737 in great condition. Breakfast was great, entertainment was good. SYD-CGK leg was unsatisfactory. A330, uncomfortable seat, limited entertainment and unresponsive PTV. Horrible lunch, but refreshments were good. Cabin crew were attentive in both flights.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Nichol    (Australia)

I fly every week, Brisbane to Perth return, I'm on Gold. Since the start of the year, they've slashed FF points and status credits, increased ticket prices, started charging for exit row seats and are now using hand me down A330 aircraft from Jetstar! Be warned that you most likely will no longer have an inflight entertainment screen in your seat, so will have a 5 hour flight with on a small old ceiling screen. Repeatedly these break down and have to be restarted, so good luck watching anything. My last flight, the meal service was only put up one aisle after 30 minutes, the second aisle took 1 hour 45 minutes to get half way down, and there was no choice, vegetarian only. To sum it up, Qantas aren't worth their costs anymore. Due to cost cutting, they are insulting the customer by cutting everything possible from the customer service and frequent flyer bonus aspect of their business, even though this is exactly where their earnings originate. I'll be letting my QC lapse. I'm disappointed as I had always recommended them to all I work with but now it's the opposite and am warning all others flying this sector (at least) that the value for quality is long long gone. I've already taken 10 staff with me to Virgin as of the first flight of 2015. Recent correspondence with Qantas was basically "Sorry to see you go, it's been nice knowing you", which falls in line with their attitude this year. Maybe once customers start to transfer they'll see it cost them more in customer base than they saved in slashing customer service, loyalty programs and below par aircraft for the longest transcontinental flights.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by C Kenneally    (Australia)

Flew business class 30 November NYC to LA to Melbourne. After travelling 6 weeks in the U.S. It was the nicest experience to board Qantas to such a friendly and welcoming crew. The flight from NY to LA was outstanding with the crew making it a fantastic experience. The flight from L.A. To Melbourne was also nice. It is really noticeable how friendly the Qantas crew are after flying on American carriers. I found the flat beds comfortable with a good variety of seat and bed positions. Having flown Air New Zealand last year, the seats on Qantas are superior. Food was ok and agree with other comments not much choice for snacks. Would have also been nice to have drinks offered throughout the flight but when asked for drinks, staff were quick to respond and no trouble at all. Would definitely fly Qantas as first choice again. Especially on the reconfigured planes.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Diana Briscoe    (Australia)

We flew to and from Singapore as part of their code share with Finnair. What wonderful service we had, the crew were genuinely friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. Drinks and food were plentiful - extra fruit and water offered during the night. The seats were comfortable.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by John Smith    (UK)

Flew on QF1/QF2 flight from London to Sydney return in October 2014 on the A380 Business Class. The overall experience was average. Pros - complimentary chauffeur pick up/drop off in London/Sydney, flight timings (late departure from London, early arrival Sydney and vice versa), good IFE with many options, pyjamas provided albeit of a sub-standard quality, friendly staff albeit service offering strange. Cons - not all seats have direct aisle access, the food/beverage service/options are absolutely sub-standard. Offered first drink within 30 minutes after take off and then a top up/glass of wine with dinner. That's it. For a 14 hour flight that is pretty shocking. You can stand up and go ask for another drink but I hate having to do that as it feels like asking someone to do me a favour. The entire Business class cabin shares 4 lavatories of which the rear ones are shared with Premium-Eco. The staff are friendly but are limited to the designed service offering. Qantas has a lot to catch up before they will be on par with the likes of Singapore / Cathay.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Dhruvin Pathak    (Australia)

Once again Flew with Qantas MEL-LAX and LAX-SYD-MEL. What more could one ask for? Great staff, A380, Family friendly, Best food, Kids loved the entertainment onboard, Best pilots and even not bad travelling with their partners American Airlines while we were in USA. Missed connecting flight SYD-MEL due to SYD airport being busy but were put on the flight we wanted straight away (more than 6 options given). Only problem with family travelling with kids Qantas and AA would always have the Prams ready for collection at the gate of the aircraft everywhere in the world except in SYD and MEL. No explanation given. Apparently its a special category luggage and have to line up to get with kids waiting for at least 40 minutes. Would definitely keep flying.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by C Down    (UK)

HKG-MEL, A330, Business. This is Qantas old business class product with only angled flat beds and a very old IFE system. The seat was quite comfortable in sitting / lounging mode, and while the mattress topper made the seat more comfortable in bed mode, the angled flat was still not very good for sleeping. The 2-2-2 configuration is also not great as I was in a window seat so getting to the aisle mid-flight in the dark was a bit of a challenge. Food and drink were both excellent and the service provided by the crew was faultless - naturally friendly and professionally efficient. The IFE is not good enough any more, with barely any movies on offer, and an old poor quality screen to view it on. The Qantas Club lounge in Hong Kong was very nice, and not too busy. Overall Qantas do a good job making this old product reasonable, however it does not come close to products on offer from competitors. I would recommend Qantas to others but only on their newer aircraft or after the current refit is complete on these aircraft.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne-Sydney and return, A330 out and B767 back. The check-in for our outward flight with international connection was smooth and friendly. The flight to Sydney was pleasant apart from the old style seat that offered little back support -- no match for the seat I experienced recently on a Virgin A330. Service and breakfast were good and the plane operated on time. On the return leg there was no business class boarding queue. The seat on the B767 was more comfortable. The service on board was excellent and a tasty early lunch was served. Both lounges were comfortable and offered many options.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Peter North    (New Zealand)

I flew Brisbane to Melbourne on a weekday lunchtime flight. I did not expect much in the way of lunch for a 2.5 hour flight but I did expect more than a muffin and an apple and a couple of tea. Flight was full - fair enough but my most abiding impression of the service on the flight was the rudeness and perception of seniority of the female flight attendants who looked after the economy cabin. They were on the older side, chatted to each other continually and just shoved out the lunchtime morsels on the dinner round. They simply did not seem to recognise the passengers as being worthy of their attention. To be fair, baggage came out reasonably quickly at the other end. I paid $239 for flight and would have expected more than I got. No loss for me, I have long ago given up on getting any decent value on the QFF programme - so this flight has made me eager to leave for the other side.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Alastair Finch    (UK)

Have flown several times with this airline recently Perth to Adelaide and Alice Springs to Sydney business class and Canberra to Melbourne economy. My wife and I were very impressed staff were brilliant and the business class food on both flights was exceellent. Seats were comfy and entertainment very good. The economy flight was only a short one but the leg room was good and the staff were excellent much older plane with overhead seats only.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Ray    (Australia)

SYD - LAX business class on an old 747-400. Starting with breakfast in the Qantas First Lounge is always a nice way to start a trip. Seated in row 2, I think has some of the best seats on the plane. The IFE did not work properly and when it did there was a very limited selection. Lunch (or dinner) on the flight was adequate, I actually can't remember it so it neither impressed nor repulsed. The flight crew were friendly, if a little inattentive. Breakfast healthy and a lovely coffee. The seat for an overnight flight was one of the most uncomfortable I've slept on. Especially compared to CX and similar offerings. All in all it's a tired airline well past it's heyday. I fly 80 or so sectors a year and it seems Qantas is struggling to keep up.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Gunawanto Johannes Tamawidjaja    (Indonesia)

Flew on QF42 to Sydney and back to Jakarta on QF41. Most of the crew were nice. A330-300 series back and forth. The interior was ordinary. Personal TV was a joke - pretty small. Cabin crew are now more helpful than 10-15 years ago. Plenty of drinks were served and nice hot chocolate drink was given. I noticed they changed their uniform. I do not like the new crew uniform - in my opinion it looks very plain.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Ebdon Linda    (Australia)

Brisbane to Singapore in business class on our way to Europe and the service was fantastic. There weren't many passengers in business, but the crew, service and food and beverages were excellent. They put a mattress cover on the seat before you go to sleep and a lovely quilt for sleeping. Seat had massage function which was lovely - Entertainment system was great. I have now been spoilt for life, it would be difficult to ever fly economy on long haul travel again. We booked these flights with FF points so can't really comment on value for money, but the points were definitely worth the comfort and service without doubt. Have already booked our next flights in business to Europe.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Walter Jennings    (Australia)

We recently returned from a holiday in South Africa. We flew Qantas on QF63 returning on QF64. Prior to travelling I tracked every flight to see what type of aircraft and what configuration we would be likely to get. Knowing that the run is 100% 747s I documented the age Registration number and name of the aircraft used for 96 flights. During October you were more likely to be flying in one of their oldest planes average age 23 years. 57% of flights which meant that if you were unlucky you got one of these and as we were flying Business class the cabins were still angle flat beds. As I have a bad back I really wanted a full flat bed, and you guessed it we got an old plane. Coming home on November 4th we got lucky and were on a younger aircraft with the A380 configuration and full flat beds. We were up in the bubble both ways. The older aircraft have 24 up top the younger models just 18. A big difference with space a bit tight on the older 747's. Since Qantas switched the Sydney Dallas run to A380's the pendulum has swung and you are now more likely to get a newer 747 with re fitted cabins. Aircraft - 5 out of every 7 flights now being the lay flat A380 cabin layout. If you are in the bubble be warned the newer planes have just one toilet upstairs in Business where the older 747's have 2.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Catherine Shaw    (Australia)

My husband and I had the best experience flying on the brand new A380 from Sydney to Dallas on October 2nd 2014. It was quiet and very spacious. We caught 10 flights in 5 weeks all business class (as we are both middle aged) and even our return flight on the Qantas 747 from Tokyo was great too. All our flights with other airlines were really very good, but the Qantas planes and the Qantas staff shone the brightest. All meals were excellent. We also loved being able to sit in the bar and chat with fellow passengers in the A380.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by T Redford    (UK)

Travelled from Dubai to Sydney on A380 and were very disappointed in the food on this flight. We had travelled on the A380 a few years ago and the food was excellent so was expecting similar. We boarded and were served lunch within an hour which was average but then no more meals until 8oclock at night when we were given a packet of crisps and on a 14 hour flight found this very disappointing. We travelled back with Emirates as they on a code share and the food was really good. We had several internal flights with Qantas and the sandwich or pizza snack was lovely so we were surprised at the quantity on the long haul flight. We really like Qantas but was a little disappointed on this occasion. All flights however were on time and comfortable.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by O Elizabeth    (Australia)

A380 Dallas Fort Worth to Sydney - over 16 hours in the air. Lots of room in a quiet business cabin. Disappointed that the 9pm flight did not have a dinner service, but a 'supper' provided. No pre-dining drink service. Large wine list in the magazine, but as others have noted - phantoms - with only 2 choices of red or white offered. Service was not at the level of other business class products on our around the world trip. The male steward was the busiest, refilling water bottles throughout the flight. Overnight snacks were poor and not replenished. Stewards fitted seat padding and sleep was possible. I found the seat less comfortable than Swiss Business, but partner disagreed, so personal preference? Would recommend for cabin, but don't expect anything else special for your money.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Simon Geddes    (Australia)

MEL-SIN QF35 on 15/10. Plenty of spare seats on daytime flight, so easy to find extra legroom. Cabin crew very friendly and attentive, which was a surprise given past QF experiences. The A330 seats are comfortable compared to the older 747s. Meals average, at best. On time departure from MEL and early arrival into SIN. IFE ok and easy to use. Return flight QF 36 on 21/10 was a much less enjoyable experience. Full flight, cabin crew took almost an hour to begin meal service (as is often the case on QF overnight flights) and then hurriedly dispensed meal trays. Cabin crew seemed rushed throughout, though not unfriendly. Food of similar standard to outbound flight. Overall, a better experience than I had expected with Qantas and would fly internationally with them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by G Bemrose    (Australia)

Perth - Sydney. Economy A330. I couldn't fault the experience. Full hot breakfast, plus another snack before Sydney arrival. Friendly flight attendants - especially helping parents with babies. The updated Q-entertainment is very good - comprehensive and no technical issues. Cabin and seats clean.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by M Travers    (Australia)

Once again I was let down by Qantas. The 3.00 flight from CBR-SYD was cancelled. No information was given to passengers until well after the scheduled departure time. When I asked why we hadn't been advised earlier I was advised that they were trying to rearrange schedules for everybody. Conveniently this was only advised after it was too late to transfer the 6 passengers going to Coolangatta to a Virgin flight that left at 3.20. The post script is the flight transferred to was 40 minutes late leaving. End result a 2.5 hour delay in getting to the destination. This is the third flight delayed by Qantas in the last 4 I have taken.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Paul Wylie    (Australia)

SYD-LAX on QF11 18 July 2014. Booked chauffeur transfer to SYD which was cancelled by Qantas a couple of weeks before flight because competitors on this route do not offer this service. Complained and the service was reinstated for us. Splendid late breakfast in Qantas Club lounge at SYD. Usual late departure but landed just about on time. Ground crew and cabin crew service was fine. Great service of lovely meals. Departure is early afternoon (13:30+/-) so it is a bit strange to find the cabin lights turned off and blinds down at 18:00. Eventually went to bed and had a good 6 hours sleep. DXB-SYD on QF2 on 3 September 2014. Upgraded to First so what can one say? Never thought we would experience this. First class service in every respect.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Darren Chew    (Australia)

Flight from SYD to AKL and back. On a 737-800 plane. Left late in the evening and arrived AKL just before midnight. AKL to SYD back with Emirates. I have to say as much complaints you can have about Qantas, I actually found their inflight service comparable if not better than most Asian Carriers. The flight attendants onboard were New Zealanders and their service was top notched! They offered a few rounds of drinks to all passengers and even remembered requested drinks. I normally will hesitate to fly with Qantas especially with their inflexible rules with ticketing however I feel the need to support our national carrier. Nevertheless I had a great experience with them having flown twice this year and if their ticketing and contact center can improve it will be a bonus to all.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by F Chatterton    (Australia)

I travelled with Qantas from New York to Sydney Australia via LA in October 2014. Qantas code share the NY to LA leg of this trip with American Airlines. I did not know that this means that this leg of the flight one has to pay for meals and entertainment. This was never made clear to me. The return flight SYD to NY and return was $2335 - not a cheap economy airfare. Not happy at all with this code share arrangement that left me feeling ripped off.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Virginia Bolton    (Australia)

Flew Qantas premium economy Melbourne to LA and LA to Sydney return. Extremely happy with the extra legroom and width of the seats making the long flight comfortable (I actually slept), but agree with other passengers about the seat recline of the person in front which makes it very difficult to get in and out of your own seat. Flight Attendants were excellent and very attentive on the Melbourne to LA leg. Qantas was very good to fly with, but still has a little way to go to provide the same service level as their Asian counterparts.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by O Weighell    (UK)

I agree with the problem with the seat recline in Prem Economy although I do not think they need to reduce the incline but remove a row to give more room to the seats behind. I had an aisle seat but even then found it difficult to get out of my seat when the passenger in front was fully reclined. My fellow passenger in the window seat really struggled to get out. (This could be a safety issue too). I flew the same route, same class and Qantas A380 four years ago and feel that they have reduced the spacing between rows since then. My trip this time was 40% more expensive too. Otherwise staff were great, food was lovely and everything else OK.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Chris Churchill    (Australia)

HBA-MEL-BNE return. All flights pleasant and uneventful. Inflight catering leaves more than a little to be desired. In future, a pre-flight snack or taking food on the flight might be a better option. Cabin crew were pleasant on all four sectors and an added bonus was the allocation of exit row seats on the return journey. Qantaslink causes a few anxious moments with their delays (HBA-MEL-HBA), but are good with informing passengers. Seating is comfortable in all economy seats - even more so in the exit rows where the centre seat is left vacant.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Ronald Zwart    (New Zealand)

Travelled QF172, Y, 21 Sep, Wellington to Melbourne, Boeing 737-800 us usual Y class service superb from the JetConnect crew. All aspects of the service were great and really can't fault the service on this sector of 4 hours. Travelled QF009, Y, 21 Sep, Melbourne to Dubai on the A380 Y Class, full plane, staff friendly and efficient. Food and Beverage service was good with continual water runs throughout the long overnight flight of 14+ hours. Seat comfort was good, limited recline but enough for me to get a good 9 hours sleep on a 14 hour flight.

QF036, J, 3 Oct, Singapore to Melbourne on A330-300. First time in Biz class on this aircraft. Seat was comfortable, roomy and found no 'space' issues. After take off, was served with my pre-ordered Satay Supper, which was yummy. Fully lie flat bed I found to be very comfortable, so much so, I managed a good 6 hours sleep on this sector. Cabin Crew very attentive, customer focused and were a delight. Food and beverage service was also good, can't complain like some others have. QF171, J, 4 Oct, Melbourne to Wellington. Have travelled this sector quite a few times, service is always consistent, friendly and efficient. Food quality and quantity is good, beverage service, just flows. Well done to the Jet Connect branch of QF.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by B Hunter    (Australia)

Flew LHR to MEL, 28 September 2014. On time both sectors. Agree with comments that Premium Economy seats should not recline as far as they do. Had seat in front in my lap the whole journey, which apart from inconvenience at meals also meant entertainment screen could not be viewed properly. The fussy tablecloths should be deleted and perhaps replaced by better food and tray. Extra legroom well worth it. Staff were active around mealtimes but rarely seen during long night sectors. However overall satisfactory but need to watch competition.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Paul Williss    (Australia)

Darwin to Adelaide. Upgraded to Business using points for this Saturday afternoon flight. The attention and service is very nice, bigger seats and plenty of legroom, but I feel somewhat let down by the catering. It's very nice to have a gin and tonic for a pre lunch drink, but do I need the pretzels they also serve in economy. There were only two mains offered, a hot and cold option, hot being duck, which I don't eat, and the cold being couscous. The meal was nice enough, but expect a bit more for Business Class. A warm bread roll and small bowl of fruit made up the meal, and later Maggie Beer ice cream. A beautiful Riesling was served throughout the meal, while partner opted for red, and assured me that both were extremely good labels. While the overall experience is very nice, I would like that little bit extra in Business food wise that distinguishes it from Economy. Perhaps because the economy product is generally very good is the problem - after all you get cheese and crackers on some flights, a hot meal and ice cream too. Overall, enjoyable experience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Schweizer    (Australia)

BNE-LAX return in business class. Both trips on refurbished Boeing 747-400 air craft. Seat 5 J on both flights is a great seat for single travellers and offers unlimited leg room. Service on both flights very good with good quality of meals and drinks. IFE of good standard with a great selection of movies and recent TV shows. Very comfortable seat and nice turndown service. Seat turns in a bed and I managed to sleep 6 1/2 hours on my way back from LAX. Not so fortunate on my way to LAX but crew kept me happy with good quality snacks and drinks during the entire flight. Did not use lounge in BNE as I am not overly impressed by this lounge. New lounge in LAX very nice but too small to handle all passengers departing on various QF flights in the evening. Will hopefully get better once the new first class lounge opens end of the year. I will continue to support Qantas and will make them my first choice as long as the air fare is competitive.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by P Corbett    (Australia)

Yesterday flew Brisbane to Perth, QF580. Plane full of families with children including us with two. No in seat entertainment even though it was a new A330. Seats had slots for iPads but no iPads on board. When someone asked, steward explained that it was a new plane that was waiting for fit out which sounds like nonsense to me. No kids pack (same on the way over). We travel frequently with kids. The last time was July and this is the first time no kids pack has been offered. Must be something else QF has decided to cut costs on. Food was average at best. My wife and I commented how the food service had deteriorated over the past 10 years. No care or attention from the predominately male crew. Flight 20 mins late. Bags available quickly which was good. Have been a long time loyal customer of Qantas mainly due to FF but seriously considering other carriers for our next OS journey.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by K Squire    (UK)

Travelled QF9, LHR-DXB on August 22nd. Had pre-booked at a cost of 25AUD per person to allocate seats 75D and 75E. Checked in with no problems, but at boarding gate were advised our seats had been re-allocated. We made the point that we had actually pre-booked and paid for the seat allocation, and were a bit put out that we had been selected to be moved, when in all probability there were other passengers on the flight who had not gone to the trouble of pre-booking seats. Apparently a family wished to be accommodated together. The clerk at the counter gave us our new boarding passes, row 88. We said we were happy as long as they were not next to the toilets. We don't make a habit of sitting near toilets in restaurants, or airplanes, hence the reason we paid the money to pre-book allocation. The clerk checked on his monitor and categorically assured us, they were not next to toilets. Having boarded the aircraft, we realized we were duped. Row 88 is the farthest row back, and is sandwiched between two toilets. Furthermore, the seats have limited recline. They are also immediately in front of a bulkhead, behind which is situated some form of noisy refrigeration unit for the self service galley area immediately behind us. We were not provided with equivalent seats, for which we had paid. More to the point, they were arguably the worst seats on the plane. The constant noise from the flushing toilets and refrigeration unit made it impossible to intelligibly listen to any IFE. My partner was very upset at the reallocated seats, and credit to the cabin crew, they were sympathetic towards our situation, and indeed was not their fault. Whilst on the flight, we walked through the cabin to check out our pre-booked seats. By no means was it a family with young children in our seats. Be warned about paying for pre-booked seats on Qantas.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Pope Michelle    (Australia)

Flew Adelaide to Melbourne on Monday 6/10/2014 at 6.05pm (QF694). Flight was delayed slightly, but cabin crew more than made up for this with their excellent friendly service. Very genuine friendly flight attendants who went out of their way to make us feel pampered. For this one hour flight it was incredible that we enjoyed a lovely hot meal which consisted of Spaghetti Bolognese or Stir fry noodles. Both were very tasty. I enjoyed a lovely glass of bubbly and my husband had a beer. They even spoiled us with a lindt choccie. Water was also offered to us. The service was second to none. This is exactly the service with a smile we are looking for. We will fly with them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Singh    (Australia)

Melbourne to Singapore return. Outbound a shambles. 10 hour delay at Tullamarine which highlighted Qantas' ineptitude in dealing with an unplanned situation. The flight itself was ordinary with a grotty plane, but by the time we left we were beyond caring. The return sector was all on time and went as expected. Its been a couple of years since I used Qantas business and (putting the delay issue to one side) their offer is second rate give the price paid. Emirates and Singapore are far superior (in areas of cabin, seating, IFE and service) for the same price.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Nyall Greene    (Australia)

Sept 1st, Economy on QF10 LHR-MEL via Dubai on a A380. We did get a seat on the upper deck and all in all were more than happy with the flight. Cabin crew were professional and yet were ready for a laugh too which always makes for a more enjoyable trip. Seating was a comfortable as one would expect when not flying further up the aircraft but the service, inflight entertainment (love the touch screen) and drinks service were all excellent. Now for the food. I have done this trip about 18 times over the years and honestly had the two best hot meals ever on any airline on this flight. Fish pie on the LHR to Dubai leg which was delicious and the Ricotta and mushroom ravioli. Normally would never touch the bread roll but used it to mop up every little bit of sauce on both dishes. Evidently Qantas are trialing a new menu and big thumbs up to that.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J ODonnell    (Australia)

Short commuter flight from regional area to Brisbane, FAs very professional and well presented, pleasant and helpful. Although on the hour flight there wasn't any inflight VOD the FAs chatted and interacted beautifully with pax and made the trip fun on a flight with school aged kids on a trip to the "big smoke". Flight was on time both going and return. Gate at Brisbane airport less than inspiring but worked for the aircraft. Beverage and snack provided both a pleasant surprise and great opportunity to display artisan Australian foods. Sad that Qantas is struggling at the moment because it has a great reputation IMO and a better product than Virgin Australian who has disappointed us every time we fly.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by P Neal    (Australia)

HK to MEL on an ancient A330-300 with no touchscreen entertainment and a very limited selection of movies. Service practically non-existent, not even a pre-dinner drink for the 8.30pm departure. Crew announcements a shambles. Embarrassed to think this was some people's first Qantas flight. Heard English people behind us swearing never again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Praszek    (UK)

I flew with Qantas at the end of Sept 2014 from LHR to DXB in economy. Seat was ok with some extra space for legs, which is essential for me as I'm tall. Flight attendants were polite and smiling. Pre-ordered special meal was of good quality. Toilets were clean and pretty well maintained. Inflight entertainment was great, especially the music collection. I don't mind flying with Qantas again in the future.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Clive Hutt    (Australia)

Flew QF23 to Bangkok and return QF24 in Business with my wife. Outbound crew was indifferent, ran out of Champagne soon after take off. Return flight over night, seats angled so not conducive to a great nights sleep. No extra pillow available. Crew better on return flight largely due to the efforts of the senior purser, she made up for the lack of enthusiasm for the rest of the crew.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Michael Jaboor    (Australia)

QF 422, Melb-Sydney, 29 Sept. Simply excellent. Left 10 minutes late, but reason explained (twice) and time made up in flight. Plane 100% full, but cabin staff unfailingly polite and pleasant.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Thomas Cunningham    (Australia)

I flew with Qantas from DRW-BNE on a 737-838 and was very pleased with every aspect of my journey. The aircraft was fitted with personal seat-back entertainment which contained a number of different entertainment options that kept me occupied during the flight. The crew were their usual bright and bubbly selves yet still professional about their jobs. The in-flight meal was quite good and was served both quickly and politely. During our descent into Brisbane, a passenger became rowdy and refused to sit down. The crew handled the situation expertly and efficiently. Qantas has again proved its self a quality airline that offers the highest possible level of service and hospitality.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by K Kenneth    (Singapore)

CBR-PER: Travelled in August 2014. Check-in was straightforward and staff was ready to assist me with the kiosk check-in. This was the only direct flight to Perth from Canberra. Was pleasantly surprised to find the plane was brand new and clean. AVOD had good selection and food was pleasant, where alcoholic beverages were served. PER- CBR: The return trip used a different plane. IFE was from the top panel rather than individual AVOD. The interior felt like I was in the vintage 90s, but the excellent service of the crew well made up for it. Flight arrived ahead of schedule. A couple of years I avoided Qantas's flights because of previous unpleasant international flight experiences with them, but it appears that they have improved their standards substantially for their domestic flights.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by M Whiteley    (Australia)

Flew Premium Economy, LAX to SYD. Flight left on time which was nice to have after some disasters on American carriers trying to get to LAX. Both the meals, dinner and breakfast were fine as was the in-flight entertainment. The staff on the flight were polite, efficient and very pleasant to deal with. My only complaint is the recline in premium economy which, in my opinion, goes too far back as it makes eating, watching movies and getting out of the seat almost impossible for the person behind. In my case, the less than considerate passenger seated in front of me decided to go to sleep just before both meals forcing me to eat in a contortionist manner. The very lovely flight attendant looking after me tried on both occasions to assist with no luck.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

JFK-LAX-MEL in economy. This trip turned into a nightmare due to an unimaginable 'operations' decision that adversely impacted the travel plans of 50-100 passengers. As background, QF runs the JFK-LAX flight for passengers going onwards to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. It is a huge convenience as there is no need to change terminals at LAX, no need to go through TSA security a second time and generally better to fly QF transcontinental USA than the US carriers, except on this night. That said, the JFK-LAX flight on this particular evening was running about one hour behind schedule due to late arrival of the aircraft and typical JFK evening delays - this isn't all that unusual and the delay not all that long. For inexplicable reasons however Qantas chose not to hold the LAX-MEL flight for all of the passengers on the JFK-LAX flight who were Melbourne bound. Even with the one hour delay on the domestic leg, we still arrived LAX before the scheduled departure time of the overseas leg, and the LAX-MEL flight was running 30 minutes behind as well, so Qantas had no legitimate reason not to hold the flight for another 30 minutes or so to get all Melbourne passengers on board. This forced all 50-100 of us to fly a packed B747 instead of the more comfortable A380, lost seat assignments, and change planes in Sydney which is more complicated than you would think (domestic and international terminals aren't close and there is no easy from one to the other), and even worse added approximately five hours to the trip. It is inexcusable, and Qantas has been unapologetic and unresponsive to emails I've written them about their decisions on that evening. It is no wonder that their international business is suffering - on this evening they disrupted the travel plans and offended 50-100 passengers with one very poor decision.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Brown    (Australia)

I found four things seriously wrong with Qantas First Class. 1) The "Chauffeur Drive" service. Arriving in Sydney at 6.30am, having booked a car, I was surprised to be told (after finally locating the tiny, unmarked desk) that there was a 15-20 minute wait until a car was available. Why? How? A car was booked. It should have been there, end of story. Also, in the car before my the previous flight (Sydney-London), I was delighted to receive an expletive-laden tirade across the driver's radio - apparently from one of his colleagues having a bad day. That is not "first class". 2) Baggage. Qantas advertises that First Class bags will be "among the first" to be delivered off the plane. On arrival in Sydney, mine were among the last (both turning up on the carousel a full 50 minutes after landing; I do not remember the timing in London). 3) The breakfast. Scrambled eggs were dry. Avocado was unripe. Pancakes were also dry and overcooked. Coffee was weak and burnt. That is all. 4) The champagne. Qantas advertises three varieties. On every leg of the Sydney-London return trip, the only one available was the Taittinger blanc de blancs. Methinks these are phantoms, included in the wine list solely for appearances.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D Mayo    (Australia)

Recently travelled SYD - Cairns direct and Cairns-Brisbane-Sydney return. Very disappointed on all flights. The food was some of the worst I have had on any flight for a number of years. With three meals in all the most I was able to stomach at each sitting was one mouth full. Entertainment on the Sydney - Cairns leg was a supplied ipad unit which didn't work. The Cairns - Brisbane leg seemed to be a newer plane with inseat screens which worked well and the final Brisbane-Sydney leg had nothing. For full service flights Qantas needs to make a massive improvement if it wants to be taken seriously.