Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Qantas Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by M Graham    (Australia)

I have always received excellent service from Qantas. In particular, I thoroughly enjoyed a recent A380 flight from Los Angeles to Melbourne. The flight attendants were friendly yet professional and the A380 was great too. I particularly loved the self-serve snack bar and in-flight entertainment on the A380, as well as how quiet the aircraft is. Despite flying in economy, I managed to get a good rest on the overnight flight. The plane departed and arrived on time too. I had a good experience and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this airline.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by N Hai    (Australia)

Sydney to Manila return, Airbus A330-300. Two perfect flights. The planes were clean and the seats were comfortable with sufficient leg room. The flights departed on time and arrived slightly earlier than scheduled. Entertainment system was good with lots of choices Food and drinks were also very good. Qantas must have just about the most generous servings of alcohol in Economy class of any airline. Outstanding service from the whole crew, polite, friendly and efficient, nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by J Austin    (Australia)

The Qantas club in Perth was nice with the usual inclusions, service and food on the plane were great, but the key down was the oldest seats I have been in since I was a teenager. The entertainment system is poor, with no individual screens, manually adjusted seats. The worst part was my feet were hard up against the row 1 when I had the chair reclined, and when I has to get out of my seat I would hit the drink rest in between my seat and the next as there isn't a lot of room between rows. Very disappointing compared to the virgin business class flown from BNE to PER.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  11 April 2014 by J Salman    (Australia)

Excellent customer service. A better than expected trip overall. Gone are th edays of the extra snacks and ice- creams between meals. But hey, do you really need them? I don't normally get into the inflight entertainment but this time there were programs of interest. Only annoyances, the crazy prices for date changes. The fare was already considerably dearer than competitors. Furthermore, Thailand is number one destination for Australian travellers. Why don't they fly a Bangkok to Melbourne route? Not everyone wants to travel Jetstar. Going via Sydney is a major and exhausting inconvenience.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by Caroline Parsons    (UK)

1st and last time with Qantas, SYD-DXB-LHR, A380, Business. Seat comfortable, timings good, food/service 3/10. Ran out of the chicken option and having returned inedible bath sponge covered in cheese I asked some toast and marmalade. Served 2 sliced barely warmed white bread and jam as they had run out of marmalade. No magazines or duty free mag and mattresses removed 1 hour before we landed at LHR. Cabin Steward rude and huffed if we queried anything. Code share with Emirates miles away from Emirates service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by K Pellberg    (Sweden)

Singapore to Brisbane on March 30th in J lower deck. Had an exit-row seat (5J), which was great and comfortable. The food was nice, and so were the wines too. The cabin was served mostly by two bored male crew-members with no smiles what I am not used to on Qantas flights.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  10 April 2014 by A Laila    (UK)

December 2013 from LHR-DXB in business class on A380. After sitting on the aircraft for 5 hours the flight was announced cancelled and we all had to disembark. During the 5 hours onboard we were not served food, even after asking for at least a sandwich. We were not allowed any hot drinks in case we were going to suddenly take off - which was very unlikely! We were asked to keep our seats upright, also in case we were going to suddenly take off! We were then left with no information regarding our next flight details. After managing (with great effort and with absolutely no assistance from Qantas staff) to transfer onto Emirates 18 hours later than initially scheduled to depart. Arrived in DXB without baggage! After disembarking the plane 5 hours later without being served any food, Qantas refused to even provide dinner. The worst service I have experienced from an airline.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by N Forbes    (Australia)

Sydney - Santiago. Haven't flown Qantas for years and was pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent, food was great and the seats very comfortable. Made a 12 hour flight very enjoyable and arrived in Santiago refreshed and relaxed.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by P Simmonds    (Australia)

My wife and I flew Brisbane - Hong Kong, QF96. Having done some review reading we had mixed feelings about what to expect. Arriving in Hong Kong we agreed that it was a really good trip. The aircraft was a bit aged and due to be replaced in a few months. Not before time. This meant the screen were small and image quality uninspiring. They did have a solid collection of new movies, TV shows and we had no problems finding something to suit. The main meal was hot and very tasty. The later meal of pizza was soggy and to honest mushroom, while I love them are not for everyone. The service of the cabin staff was outstanding. They went out of their way to deliver quality service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by G Paynter    (Australia)

Flew from Brisbane to Singapore Qf51, the revamp 747 to A380 spec is great. I am on a plane 4 times a week so I know what I'm talking about. I never thought I would say this, but Qantas now has the best international service and business class. The Asian carriers still have good service are Singapore/Cathay but their food and options have dropped in quality. The overnight sleeper beds of Singapore are better on the 777 and A380 though. For many years most of the flights I took with Qantas the crew would serve lunch/dinner than disappear for the rest of the flight to the back.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by D Henry    (Canada)

QF16, Los Angeles to Brisbane is one of the best flights into Australia. It departs from the American Airlines terminal in LAX (rather than Bradley), which means that connecting AA flights bring you conveniently to an adjacent gate. The plane has the upgraded business class seats and IFE, which compare well with other carriers. The service and food are fine. I have used the flight several times and it has been on time. Australians tend to criticize Qantas but if you live in North America it is a relief to get on one of their planes. What I don't understand is why it is almost $2000 cheaper if I purchase the flights from a Canadian or US site than from an Australian site.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by B Calcutt    (Australia)

Having flown Sydney - Dubai- Frankfurt - Dubai - Sydney, with the first three flights through Emirates and the last one with Qantas, it was only on the flight with Qantas that there was any real customer care. Emirates continually disappointed and told outright untruths.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 April 2014 by S Proctor    (Australia)

My wife and I recently booked a reward flight Brisbane/Perth in business and then Perth/Brisbane economy. I fly a lot, well over 10 flights a year in business class and up until recently with Qantas, hence I earned Platinum. On the flight back in economy from Perth to Brisbane I was told by the flight attendant "did I want the beef for my meal"? I asked if there was a choice and she said "no do you want the beef"? "Ok" I said "I'll have the beef then please" she said "I'll have to come back" but she didn't. When I asked another attendant some 10 minutes later about my "beef" she roared with laughter and went off to see where it was, the original attendant arrived back 2-3 minutes later and apologized with the "beef". I forgot to mention the back section of the plane where we were seated was barely half full and I am positive the attendant served the people behind me meals. I have flown with Emirates and Singapore as a Gold member many times around the world in both business and economy class and they make the effort to know your name and ensure your travel is comfortable, nobody forgets meals or "roars with laughter if they do. After that flight I flew to Manila with Singapore Airlines and the service was impeccable, the food/seating was far better and the selection of entertainment was way more than Qantas. I think I will continue to fly with Singapore for now.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Bronwyn Hughes    (Australia)

CNS-SYD, 12pm, 23/3/2014. It has been a while since I have flown with Qantas but it did not disappoint. It was a full flight so since we were sitting near the back of the plane it took a while to get served. The food was great and the ice cream after lunch an added bonus. The new look cabins and uniforms were also nice and a great improvement. I am a short person so leg room doesn't bother me but it could be a bit restricting for a taller person. The only draw back was I couldn't get the complimentary ipad to work and neither could my travelling companion however having a decent movie to watch compensated for this. Only one side of my headphone worked but again there was nothing I could do about this so I couldn't see the need to cause a fuss with the cabin crew. Overall I was pleased and will consider paying that little bit more to fly with them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by A Storey    (USA)

LAX-SYD return on A380 and SYD-AKL, WLG-SYD on B737-800. Great service on all legs. Qantas knows how to make passengers feel comfortable in Economy, especially in the long haul legs with the A380. Those who complain should pay some more money for bigger seats! Food, drinks runs, movie selection were all good. One catch for Oneworld travellers who use the Qantas codeshare flight on an Emirates plane. Qantas do not allow access to their lounges unless you are in Business or First, even though you may be Emerald in the Oneworld system.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by G Thomas    (Australia)

QF35, Melbourne to Singapore. I have been travelling this leg with Qantas for over 15 years and normally travel business class, as I did on this occasion. I can tell you that the seats have improved but that is about it. The amenities kit is a waste of money. I do use them normally but compared with the past Qantas could save money and not start to replicate the type of services that they use on jet star. I would also suggest they get back to basics with the menu and ditch Neil Perry. The inflight entertainment range is getting smaller and smaller and if you are a regular traveller like me it starts to become tedious. My loyalty to Qantas, once rock solid, is I'm afraid, no longer. Emirates is now my first choice. I should add the staff on this flight were great but only as good as the tools they are given to use.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

BNE-SYD-SCL (Santiago) -SYD-BNE. Superb flights. Qantas seems to me to have recently undergone a 'mood change' with a noticeable enhancement of service. Best aspects of this particular trip were the First Class Lounge at Sydney, the American Airlines Admirals Club (which Qantas uses) at Santiago, the excellent food and wines but, above all, the superb service, despite a very full aircraft. If you get a good Qantas cabin crew you will get some of the world's best. Perhaps a word should also be said for the level of engineering and technology that we take for granted these days: it simply amazes me that an aircraft (747-400 in this case) can transport us accurately for 14 hours non-stop over the remote Antarctic Ocean in absolute comfort and safety and also arrive at destinations within one minute of scheduled times - incredible.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Peter Lo    (Hong Kong)

Flight was delayed 2 hours, no drinks and snacks provided for the delay on the flight from SYD-HKG, a little bit frustrating. The A380 was a little bit crowded as it was Christmas season peak. Staff were friendly as usual, luggage fine, check-ins are a little bit slow in Sydney. They need to make some improvements. TVs are good and kept me busy for the 9 hour flight, meals were ok, but a little bit rushed, they need to deploy 1-2 more staff on a busy plane.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by M Stringfellow    (Australia)

Sydney-Cairns-Sydney. Business class. Very good crew for this domestic trip on both sectors. Seems more attention is paid to full paying customers than people using points. It's pretty obvious when the crew start engaging with passengers. Comfortable seating and good lounges at both locations. Food was okay and crew constantly enquiring about re-fills etc. Honestly, crew made both sectors a enjoyable experience. Interior of the aircraft is pretty out of date.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Roche    (Australia)

My latest trip was to Singapore and back and I couldn't fault the staff. They were polite, welcoming and efficient. They were on the look out for passengers needing something and most often got to them before having to press the button for assistance. I did once and a crew member was with me within seconds. Flights were on time, baggage was fine, food was good and plentiful, good variety of entertainment. My only peeve was that the arrow button on my handheld remote was stuck so I was limited with what I could watch but still had 8 hours worth I could use the 'up and down' arrows for. Good beers and wine on board too.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Vicky Valerin    (USA)

Flew economy from Dallas to Brisbane in February and from Melbourne to Los Angeles (A380) in March and I love Qantas. I was served multiple meals on both flights and the service was excellent. The plane was new and clean. The in-flight entertainment system/computer was great with recent movies as free options to view through a long/overnight flight. The crew were hospitable and professional. Flights left and arrived on time or earlier than expected. I would strongly recommend Qantas for international travel.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Connor D'Monsoon    (Australia)

I had the displeasure of flying with the "Red Kangaroo" Business Class, 20/3/2014, Melbourne to Perth. It's hard to really know where to begin - having flown Virgin Business to Melbourne maybe my expectations were too high. Unlike Virgin no champagne before take off, no warm towel and no effort by the cabin staff to get on a first name basis. Old Plane, tired 90's ear seat which was barely better than an Economy class Seat, completely inadequate in every aspect. Inefficient cabin crew whose service appears false and scripted. 90's era Drinks trolley, staff still push the slow, tired drinks trolley down the aisle. The quality of the alcohol is "woeful". The Food Service, Neil Perry inspired Menu, international fare served on Perth - East Coast flights? - Complete Joke. My entertainment system was adequate although the constant crackling in the earphones and primitive interface caused mild frustration.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 March 2014 by A Sloan    (UK)

First time on Qantas business, overnight from SIN-MEL. Lounge at SIN overcrowded and noisy, so moved to Emirates lounge. What a contrast! An oasis of comfort and attentive service, and almost sorry to leave when flight time arrived. A330 business cabin one of the dullest and least appealing we have experienced, but seat comfortable. Supper menu was a joke, and by the time my wife and I came to chose, our preferred choices were unavailable. My wife ended up with a crew meal, not too bad, but really, is this what flying business class is about? We have flown business on 5 other major carriers and this experience puts Qantas right at the bottom as far as my wife and I are concerned. Crew however really did their best for us, but admitted they were embarrassed by the menu.