Qantas Airways Customer Reviews and Qantas Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by R Turner    (Australia)

Last leg of a four leg return to Europe with Qantas/Emirates from Dubai to Sydney. My wife and I experienced the best flight service we have had. From the moment we arrived at the door we felt welcome and valued. The crew were friendly without being obsequious, efficient without being underfoot and always available. In short, nothing was too much trouble. The food was the best I ever had in an airplane and my wife agrees (we had different choices). I have flown many airlines and have yet to experience this quality of service. Although I have always rated Qantas service highly, this particular crew rewrote the book on how to treat passengers.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by W Williams    (Australia)

Flew on QF 107 - SYD-LAX-JFK - in premium economy in mid-June. All up a really good experience with really friendly crew plus decent food and wine. It has been a while since I have been on a 747 and I must say that it is a good solid plane. It is louder in-flight than the A380 but it certainly takes off and lands better. The only thing I could fault is the experience at LAX - I got lost transferring here and eventually found my way, quite frustrating though. They need to give out an instruction card or have people around directing you where to go. This aspect of it was poorly handled & I am not an inexperienced traveller. All up a very good product though and well worth the money.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by I Orosz    (Australia)

SYD-HKG, Business class on A380. Very impressive, warm service, food excellent, seat comfortable. Looking forward to flying with Qantas again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Katrina Kennedy    (Australia)

Flew 26/6 to LA with my two daughters, rude service from the very start at the check in desk, FA's in the economy section were also quite rude. When I asked for a coffee I was asked if I could wait 20 mins for breakfast which turned out to be 45 mins. Snack Bar? Always empty (I asked 3 times if it had been restocked). By the time we arrived in LA I was positive I would never fly Qantas again, I can see why Qantas is slipping down the ranks. As the inflight message states, we have a choice on who we choose to fly with. Thankfully the flight back was better, but I had paid more to fly upstairs. It seems money talks.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by W Williams    (Australia)

Flew JFK-LAX-SYD on the return leg - upgraded to Business on the way back. With the way Qantas have changed their redeeming of FF points, it seemed like a prudent investment of 60,000 points to upgrade (from Premium Economy). Going through the Express passport control at JFK is so much easier & the BA lounge is quite decent. The lounge at LAX is also good - albeit a little crowded when I was there. Both legs of the flight were really well done (very good crew) and good food - the omelette with fetta and smoked salmon at breakfast before landing in Sydney was especially good. The bed worked well - it is the first time I have slept solidly on a plane (and I have flown in Business many times). It was quite amusing seeing the mature FA wrestle the bed cover on with such vigour! I reckon she could take down any recalcitrant passengers easily! There are a lot of Business seats on these 747s and it is worth the upgrade. I only applied 2 days beforehand and managed to get it.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Sam Cramer    (Australia)

I recently flew to LA from Melbourne on an A380 and the entire experience was wonderful. The sale price of the ticket was great and then the flight was even better. Helpful staff, excellent and piping hot food as well as heaps of movies and TV shows made the entire flight a joy. I could not recommend them more highly! The only thing that was a little bit annoying was the default radio channel that plays while you select your viewing options was playing hideous old aussie songs which got a bit irritating after 13 hours.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Gunawanto Johannes Tamawidjaja    (Indonesia)

Jakarta to Sydney in economy class, QF 42 on July 6th, 2014 and departed on time. Returning on QF 41 on July 16th, 2014 but departed a little bit late due to catering. The PTV screen is pretty small and looks cheap. No amenities (toothbrush, sock, eyes shades etc) were given to the passengers. I can not even find any of these even in the toilet. The toilet only provides liquid hand soap and sanitary napkins. Fortunately, the cabin was clean and crews were polite and courteous. Meals were edible. Wines offered were good.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Luke Kelly    (Australia)

Flew on QF94 from LAX-MEL. The flight was delayed by an hour due to a connecting flight with most of the passengers being late. We pushed back to find there was an issue with a gauge on the aircraft and waited on the tarmac for another hour. The captain and crew kept everyone informed very well. The cabin crew were extremely friendly, prompt and professional on the flight. The economy seat is not that comfortable for a 15 hour flight and I found myself walking around a lot more than I should because of that. Food was good for economy as well. Overall a very good flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by D Olsson    (Australia)

I'm putting in a late review for travel Darwin-Sydney and return in early June because I was impressed by their handling of the ash cloud disruptions. Unlike another airline that completely mishandled my bookings, Qantas called me regularly, rescheduled flights quickly and allowed free changes to connecting flights that I couldn't make because of a problem with a different airline. That's generally the biggest plus about Qantas - their customer service and ground organisation is efficient and problems are generally resolved quickly. Inflight, the experience was good with nothing special.Medium-quality food. Service appears to improved drastically compared to a few years ago. Quality individual IFE on the 737 from Darwin-Sydney but the 737 in the opposite direction didn't have individual IFE - which really seems outdated for a 4 hour flight on a major airline.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by P Dean    (Australia)

QF971, July 2014, TVS-BNE. Online check in and boarding pass print out no problem. Always experienced good friendly customer service at Townsville Airport. Boarding went smoothly. Seat 26c as requested and husbands requested seat. Usually on Domestic short flights am offered fruit for snack apple usually on flight up to Townsville previous week as need gluten free so it was great to be offered gluten free ham and tomato sandwiches. Cabin crew helpful, another passenger had cut on head so offered assistants. Announcement to say why landing slightly delayed. Busy in BNE. This was booked as a Qantas flight using Emirates Skyward miles.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by P Beames    (Australia)

Fantastic service. Food was excellent. Cabin was comfortable. Self-service bars are well stocked with good quality food.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by J Morris    (Australia)

SYD-LAX, 21/6/14. Great service, happy crew, A380 great aircraft - quiet and smooth. Food ok, hot snack good. Arrived on time. Onward to JFK, flight up ok. Flight back to LAX, 3/7/14 delayed due to storm, boarded aircraft but sat on tarmac waiting. That is acceptable, however the temperature in the economy section was dangerous, even a crew member said it must be over 40 degrees. Of course the back section was the only hot area. The captain made several apologies but we still roasted. Food on this flight was a disgrace. Crew were great and agreed all was not good. Also the entertainment system had not been changed from the June program. A380 back to SYD, 9/7/14 paid extra for exit row on upper deck, discovered that this is really a walkway for passengers to get to the toilet. Food once again below standard, wine, some generic brand and no pre-dinner drinks allowed. One new film had been added to the menu. Service throughout the night was ok, breakfast awful, not even a bread roll. Overall, economy passengers pay a lot of money for this route, they do not deserve to be treated like peasants.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by J Thomas    (Australia)

Flew Qantas return between Brisbane and Cairns and it was fantastic. Brand new B737's with personal entertainment systems in both directions. The crew were fantastic on both flights. Breakfast and coffee was pretty good, and throughout the flight, the crew did a few rounds of the cabin offering bottles of water and handing out the extra muffins they had left over. Blankets and pillows were available, and we departed and arrived on time. They really exceeded expectations.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Tan Kim    (Australia)

Flew QF 78 from Singapore to Perth. I normally fly budget and they were terrible so Qantas was like heaven. Seats were comfy and spacious, lots of leg room, blankets, pillows, and staff were friendly. That was one thing that has improved over the years - the friendliness of attendants. The plane was well kept and clean compared to the budget ones. Flight was smooth and on time. Food was so so but no complaints from me. I feel the attitude of the flight attendants still has room for improvement in terms of friendliness and service.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Bird Graham    (Australia)

Dubai-Melbourne, June 13th, terrible service, water was served then a wait of 60 mins for anything else. Eventually meals served, Sorry no chicken left only Macaroni cheese! International flight. The breakfast was that terrible rubber omelette. Had to wait too long for wine. Why do we have to freeze, when I asked FA, said nothing can be done about it.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by F Wong    (Hong Kong)

A380, HKG-SYD. It was a great flight, A380 is steady and fairly quiet. The upper deck is almost entirely devoted to business class, it is spacious, a flat bed, with great service and nice food and entertainment. There is also a lounge for us to relax, read magazines, watch film and so on. Amenity bag and pyjamas were given out, it was overall, an impressive experience. Arrival to Sydney, was given express card for immigration and custom, it was welcoming as it was quite packed at 7am in SYD airport.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P Talbot    (USA)

Flew RT economy NYC - Sydney last spring (March 2014). Personal entertainment system was fantastic. Seats were very good (considering I was in economy.) With one exception the attendants were all exceptionally nice. The food was very good and the wine was great. The whole experience was excellent.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by M Xiao    (Australia)

Flew QF29 to Hong Kong from Melbourne - great flight, good service, kept asking for drinks. The entertainment system is really old and our entertainment shut down and we were ignored for 1 hour, the head flight attendant gave us $50 duty free vouchers.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Melbourne to Darwin and Alice Springs to Melbourne on B737s. Both flights were smooth and pleasant. Bag drop at Melbourne and check-in at Alice Springs (no check-in kiosks) were easy. Due to strong winds which affected the incoming plane, the Alice Springs to Melbourne flight operated about an hour late. On the 4 hour flight to Darwin a pleasant cold breakfast was served (yoghurt, muesli etc), and just before landing a couple of biscuits and mineral water. On the return flight from Alice Springs my vegetarian roll looked better than the squishy meat pies and sauce served to the other passengers. The seats were comfortable enough for the flight sectors. The second flight was booked using Emirates frequent flyer points. Unlike a previous experience, there was no problem checking in online via the Qantas (not Emirates) website 24 hrs beforehand.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Jennison    (Australia)

We travelled to Melbourne from Dubai on QF110 in economy last month. I have flown Qantas for forty years and each time I fly the seats are more cramped and the service is reduced. Never again. My seat 67B would suit a child of 12y or younger. My knees came to within 5cm of the seat in front of me and when the girl in front lowered her seat it was right in my face. I could not stand up to get out of the seat but had to crawl across the seats to get out. I am 70 years old so this distressed me and I could not face 13 hours in such a cramped situation. The staff were kind and as the plane was not full (am I surprised!) my partner agreed to move to another seat freeing up the three seats for me and allowing me to lie down. We had already flown 7 hours from Madrid with a 2hr stop over in Dubai so were very tired. I slept for a few hours on the mini seats but the armrests don't completely disappear so it was very uncomfortable. We had 2 meals in 13 hours, all forgettable. However the wine helped. I am not heartless and did swap places with my partner to allow him to lie down too for a while.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Harold Bush    (UK)

QF28, Santiago to Sydney in business. The seat was very very comfortable, the service was exceptional and the main course was delicious, although not so the rather boring pumpkin empanadas that I chose for starter. Qantas flight attendants are some of the most attentive and professional I have come across. The amenity kit was nice and included what one would expect. The printed menu was a bit too casual and three were left for me, which was a bit confusing because they were all different. It took me a while to realise (small letters which I find hard to read) that two were from the previous Sydney to Santiago and Santiago to Rio legs (on 11 June the Rio service was a special for the World Cup). Qantas certainly are well above the average and are different in many ways from other airlines. They try to be so different that they do not have a sign for the Business or First classes check in areas in Australia but instead there is just one in black that says Service. This is annoying and idiotic. I went the length of Sydney domestic terminal trying to find the Business class check in area which of course I did not find and was directed to the 'Service' area by a Qantas employee.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by David Jordan    (Chile)

MEL-SYD-SCL. First time with Qantas and liked it a lot. Fast check in, great inflight service. Great food, with lots of wine. Unusual and very tasty mid flight snack. Comfortable seats and enough legroom. I'll be using them again.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by L Green    (Australia)

Flew QF702, MEL to Cairns and QF703, Cairns to MEL. The two flights were as different as chalk and cheese. Flight up was not enjoyable at all. The food was an inedible tasteless disappointment, with no choice as to what you would like. Lucky we brought some snacks from home! No seatback IFE, only a shared boring movie on a screen I could not even see. Come on Qantas, entertainment is available on Jetstar, for a cost but who cares. How can you expect people to just sit there for 3.5 hours. The small shared screens are an absolute joke. Please either use newer planes with IFE flights 3+ hours or give out ipads Q streaming as is done on the 767. Flight back was on the new VH-XZO with IFE and the food was a lot better and with choice this time. What a difference, it was like flying a completely different airline. I really hope these inconsistencies are dealt with. I have always been a fan of our national carrier, but why pay more if you are getting less then budget airlines are offering. Will recommend mainly on the basis of safety and punctuality.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Donal Ryan    (Ireland)

Singapore to Brisbane. Old 747, Showing wear and tear. Seats very tight no leg room. Staff not friendly and very slow to serve food. No water run during the 7 hours.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by K Dee    (Australia)

JFK-SYD via LAX. Following my review SYD-DFW, I cannot believe Qantas sends an old 747 to New York. Its a 20 hour flight from JFK to SYD via LAX. The seats are like timber and are surprisingly narrow, the leg room is minimal, entertainment system is terrible and very small screen though food was fine, I couldn't wait to get off that flight. Next time I'm flying from JFK I'll just connect to Dallas and fly with Qantas from there, Qantas should be ashamed they send such an old 747 to JFK. Why is there no A380 or 747 similar to the Dallas flight.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by T Murphy    (Australia)

Flew Melbourne to London return (QF 9/10) in business, row 12 both ways (A380). Service on the Dubai - London legs both ways from the London based crews was absolutely superb. Professional, friendly, slick. I would fly Qantas every single time without hesitation if this was the standard. Unfortunately the service from the Australian crews on the Melbourne - Dubai legs both ways was kind of amateurish. Hot towels given out to one side of the cabin and not the other; crews coming through and starting to deliver pyjamas, water and amenities kit without noticing that this had already been done; some customers receiving drink orders before dinner while others did not. The list goes on. Not earth shattering, but disappointing. Row 12 is excellent, with very few distractions or noise. The First lounge at Melbourne airport is a superb experience, while the Dubai and London equivalents are fine. The chauffeur service in both Melbourne and London was excellent.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by K Dee    (Australia)

SYD-DFW, JFK-SYD (Economy). 15 hour flight to Dallas was quite possibly the best flight I have been on. The seats in Economy class on the 747 were excellent, excellent legroom, entertainment was brilliant, food and service excellent. I will more than likely when flying to Mexico or East Coast use Qantas and fly via Dallas. Please see next Review for JFK-SYD.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Boehm    (Australia)

QF 568, PER-SYD, June 17 2014. Boarding was easy. The very seat comfortable good leg room. The food was fine. An overnight flight, it was served in a sack of wrapped snacks, with juice and fruit. I liked the fact the menu keeps changing and isn't the same year in year out. Drinks were served again before landing. Staff were fine.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by John Smith    (Australia)

Flew business class MEL-CNS, 9.30am departure was late due to change of wind. A last minute arrival of a family in business class = parents not seated together so I moved to allow the couple to sit together opposite their two children. I suspect last minute upgrades or Qantas family on standby. The 737-800 was the next gen so very new with very good ambience and good quality entertainment, however, very poor meal service, bread, no salad - main was fruit salad or two eggs with chorizo and spinach. Despite a lunch service and 1.30pm arrival wine not offered, but I think you could request it. I feel that if I was paying $1,000 for the ticket I would feel upset, but I was using points to upgrade and so was the passenger seated next to me, but he paid double my costs as a last minute booking.

Qantas Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by D Cummins    (Australia)

Flew SYD to LHR return in economy and I noticed the little extra no longer exist with Qantas in economy. The food on both legs was tasty however the serving size small. The wine was nice and drinkable and no complaints when I asked for refills. Whatever happened to the hot towels? Whilst Qantas still advertise a basic amenities kit on both flights these were not offered. I found the staff service was friendly and efficient. As a gold FF member I put in for points upgrade and was lucky to get short DXB to LHR leg on outbound flight but would seem very hard now to get an upgrade on this flight. The possibility of the upgrade is why I choose Qantas over Singapore Airlines. Return flight home was delayed by 3 hours with an SMS notification which was later updated to inform the flight was on time only to turn up to the airport for and find out the flight was delayed, so a 6 hour wait at Heathrow. The flight was only half full so I extra space made the seating more comfortable than it would have if packed in. All in all, adequate but there is a reason why flight is half full, hard to maintain the brand loyalty when other airline products are similar priced and better.