Ryanair Priority Boarding customer reviews

Ryanair Priority Boarding
4 out of 10  4 out of 10

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 11 February 2014 by Penny Statham

Customer Rating : 5/5

I have travelled using priory boarding / booked seats several times in the past six months, one time we were the only ones who booked seats, and I was upset with the way that as soon as we sat down the air hostess brought the next passengers into the seat beside/around us and another time actually put an overweight passenger beside us thus giving us less room, and we paid 20 euros for the pleasure. So with the new seating rules, does it mean if no one books the extra room seats they will be allocated to others who have not paid it does not seem right to me.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 20 December 2013 by O Wilson

It worked well in Dublin

Travelled from Dublin to Fuerteventura return. I paid for priority boarding. It worked well in Dublin. But there was only one queue in Fuerteventura. So non priority boarding passengers went ahead of us.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 9 September 2013 by N Hobbs

I would definitely insist on Priority Boarding

As regular travellers a family of 2 adults 2 children I would definitely insist on Priority Boarding. You are having flights at such a good price, the extra 40 is worth it as we have always boarded before the rest of plane allowing you to travel stress free and sit together. Those who do not book this should simply sit where available and not complain or even try to beat queues when some have bothered to pre book this as it is a cheek. Reus, Tenerife and Gran Canaria airports all have separate lines for Priority and leave you on well before main passengers.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 14 May 2013 by S Bordoni

Customer Rating : 0/5

I pay for priority to avoid a bit of anxiety but the money is wasted

I travel very often Edinburgh - Rome and I always book priority. In Rome you get on a priority bus and get to the plane before. In Edinburgh you get on the bus before everybody else and then the other queue enter and actually get out of the bus before you. I pay for priority to avoid a bit of anxiety but the money is wasted. I think it has more to do with the people of the airport though.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 17 April 2013 by Tom Cosgrove

Customer Rating : 1/5

It's like musical chairs or a rugby scrum

It's like musical chairs or a rugby scrum. You get a few seconds head start on the 'other queue' but if you can't run or walk at a very brisk pace you will be overtaken before reaching the plane. Going out from Liverpool was organised better and the mob were held back for a while longer but in Spain it was every man for himself as the staff couldn't care less, probably had a good laugh. If the majority of passengers have priority boarding it is fairly pointless so it should be limited. Far better to reserve a seat if you can.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 2 April 2013 by J E Clipson

Customer Rating : 5/5

Found the service at both airports fantastic

We had priority boarding with pre-booked leg room seats for our return flights from Manchester to Faro. We found the service at both airports fantastic. The seats were very comfortable and staff helped with our bags. We boarded first with no problems at all. We were seated before the non priority passengers were allowed on the plane. We cannot fault this service, it was very well organized at both airports and we would definitely use it again.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 4 February 2013 by Brenda Walker

No problems at all

Just came back today from Krakow Poland to Liverpool x2 return priority boarding. We would book priority boarding again. No problems at all, staff were very helpful in making sure all priority boarding passengers were first on the flights both ways. First time flying with Ryanair, staff friendly and helpful.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 22 November 2012 by M West

It is now of no use

I used to buy Priority Boarding each time I had the misfortune of flying Ryanair. It is now of no use as they have found another way to extort money from passengers: The preferred seats (the reason you got Priority Boarding in the first place) are now 'reserved' as premium seats and cannot be sat on unless they are purchased. They rarely are so that means that all the emergency exit rows remain empty (isn't there a CAA ruling about having someone available to open the door in case of emergency? I know they will have covered themselves - just - but it's still infuriating to be squeezed up in seats behind 2 empty emergency exit rows). Have decided not to use Ryanair at all now - even though it is 'convenient' for where I fly to on occasions, as the stress of travel with them is not proportionate to the small increase in cost of the legacy carriers on the route.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 10 August 2012 by Peter Loni

Customer Rating : 0/5

Its so badly organised that it can only be called a rip off

Returned from Pisa to Prestwick on Aug 8th 2012. Bought priority boarding. Was at the gate 90 mins before departure and not only did they not call priority boarders they didn't even announce the flight. When I did eventually get to the desk and pointed it out the agent just shrugged her shoulders. Save yourself 5 and don't bother with it. Its so badly organised that it can only be called a rip off.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 7 August 2012 by C Ashmead

Customer Rating : 3/5

we didn't really have any issues with it

I would recommend the priority boarding, we didn't really have any issues with it. When flying from Bristol - Reus there was a separate queue for priority boarders and we were let onto the aircraft first (we were given about a 30 second head start, so we were up the plane's stairs before the non priority boarders were allowed to walk to the aircraft.) On the way back from Reus-Bristol, it was a little more hectic as people seemed to be queuing before the boarding time so it was a mad rush. However we simply told the Ryanair employee that we were priority boarders, and showed her our tickets. She then showed us to the priority boarding queue and again we could enter the aircraft first.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 10 July 2012 by Mark Wadham

boarding procedure a very anxious and unpleasant experience

Now Ryanair offer assigned seating for a supplement of €10 per sector it has changed my appreciation considerably of this airline. I board without the stress that I previously endured with this airline and continue to do with other airlines that I would have to spend a miserable flight Houdini style. I will now dare to say that Ryanair has consequently become my first choice - even if I still find excessive credit card charges, being charged to print my own boarding card, over the top baggage charges extremely annoying.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 18 October 2011 by L Buckett

boarding procedure a very anxious and unpleasant experience

The boarding procedure a very anxious and unpleasant experience. Boarding gate is not announced until near boarding time resulting in mad rush to reach the departure gate in order to join the priority boarding queue. Would gladly pay extra to reserve seats in advance. Like to see Ryanair introduce reserved seating on all flights for summer 2012. Holiday should start at the airport but the boarding experience spoils this. Shame, as have no other complaints re Ryanair and would certainly recommend to others if reserved seating was available. Flight prices excellent and flights on time but boarding experience is so bad that we try to use other carriers where possible and avoid Ryanair simply because we cannot reserve our seats.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 19 February 2011 by L Price

Customer Rating : 4/5

never waste our money on priority boarding again!

We have just returned from Marrakech and as the flight was not full the first 8 rows were empty for safe balance on take off, which meant that everyone else had come from the back to the seats before us priority boarders coming in through the front! Absolutely useless and made us feel too embarrassed to mention it to the staff. Lots of smug gloating going on around us though! We shall never waste our money on priority boarding again!

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 14 September 2010 by Caroline Wilson

Customer Rating : 4/5

when the bus arrived at the plane, it was a stamped

At Prestwick, where you walk to the plane, it was organised and priority boarding worked. Everyone respected those in front of them and we were all seated before the other's were allowed on. However on departure at Alicante it was a complete shambles. We all stood with priority boarding on the front line. When the doors opened and the call was raised for us to enter the bus, all hell broke lose. It was survival of the fittest. When the bus arrived at the plane, it was a stampede. Priority boarders were shouting and being shoved aside by these speed racers. We did manage by sheer luck to get seats together. If this was a comedy programme it would have been hilarious, but this is real life - Ryanair, you really need to look at this, as it is a tragedy.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 8 September 2010 by P Saunders

Customer Rating : 2/5

Don't waste your money on priority boarding

What a joke! I paid for priority boarding for family of 7 for outgoing and incoming flights, a total of 56. outgoing flight we waited on the tarmac to board the plane in the pouring rain while Ryanair proceeded to open the back of the plane for non priority bookings to board the plane at the same time. Same thing happened on the return flight! Don't waste your money on priority booking - do what the others do and infiltrate the queue.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 6 September 2010 by C Gourlay

Customer Rating : 4/5

felt like I was fighting for a place on board

We received priority boarding in Edinburgh and Palma. But it was still a total scramble and really felt like I was fighting for a place on board - rather than to get on first, but that's fairly typical of the Ryanair process I think.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 1 August 2010 by A Lowri

Customer Rating : 1/5

Priority boarding is an absolute con

Priority boarding is an absolute con. It has existed in the past but now the crew simply do not care. On the last two flights we purchased priority boarding and there wasn't any and on another occasion, the priority passengers were shoved on the transit bus first, closely followed by everyone else. The non-priority boarders actually got to the aircraft first. It is one more way of making money out of passengers.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 21 June 2010 by R Sanderson

with Ryanair, 'Priority' means very little

People have to recognise that with Ryanair, 'Priority' means very little. You can expect to be asked through the boarding gate first, closely followed by 'Other Q' passengers. This gives a better choice of seats including extra leg rooms seats. The downside I can see to the scheme is that Ryanair does not limit the number of people who can purchase priority boarding and usually encourage the sale of this at the gate.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 17 June 2010 by D Walker

Customer Rating : 2/5

other passengers got on board at the same time

LTN to BTS. The only advantage of priority boarding was that we got thru the gate among the first passengers, but right afterwards the other queue was allowed to board, so first of them used the rear entrance and got on board at the same time.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 27 May 2010 by Susan Seabrook

Customer Rating : 1/5

What a con - won't be caught out like that again

Paid for priority boarding - didn't get it. My observation was that even though there was a separate section at Stansted for priority bookers, those who had not paid for such a service were called through directly behind those who had, went up the rear steps and got on board before priority bookers queuing up the front steps! What a con - won't be caught out like that again. No way of getting money back via Ryanair but phoned credit card company who said they would credit me and investigate.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 30 April 2010 by B Anderson

Customer Rating : 3/5

think it is very unfair when we have paid extra to board

The only fault with priority boarding at Brest Airport is there is not a separate queue for boarding. They just let anyone through who happens to be there. I find it is money wasted , and think it is very unfair when we have paid extra to board. The other passengers think it is great.It could be organised the same as Luton Airport.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 14 February 2010 by A Wood

Priority boarding worked well

First time user of Ryanair Edinburgh to Tenerife. Priority boarding worked well at both Edinburgh and Tenerife, distinct queues and staff checking Priority tickets.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 19 January 2010 by A Parlane

Customer Rating : 1/5

how else can I rate my boarding experience than very poor

Even with priority boarding, you can be asked without explanation to vacate the seats you have chosen, being among the first passengers on the plane since you have paid for priority. Then you must go, without any help and find whatever seats are left. So how else can I rate my boarding experience than very poor.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 20 November 2009 by S Bott

Customer Rating : 4/5

it works well if only a few purchase it

STN-BLQ-STN. Boarding at both Stansted and Bologna was good: Passengers with Priority Boarding called to board first, and staff made sure that there was an efficient queuing system. Whilst these experiences were good, there were admittedly not many passengers who had purchased Priority Boarding : it works well if only a few purchase it; however, it is useless when the overwhelming majority purchase it.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 19 October 2009 : by G Evans

Bit of a rip-off

Priority booking for Rome flight from East Midland worked well, with staff walking along queue to ensure priority ticket holders were brought forward and despatched to aircraft in separate bus. Return from Rome was a shambles - no attempt made by Ryanair staff to create a separate queue and when flight was called a complete mass of people surged forward so there was no advantage whatsoever in making a priority booking. On top of this, we were mixed in with the Dublin flight passengers so it was not clear until we arrived at the plane that we were even boarding the correct flight! Bit of a rip-off.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 18 September 2009 : by Sheila Crawley

Very Poor

no benefit whatsoever in having paid for priory boarding

We have recently travelled to Carcassonne and back with Ryanair. We paid for priority boarding on both legs. On the way out from Liverpool, we were placed in the priority boarding queue, and then boarded a bus, onto which all the non-priority boarding passengers later boarded too. So there was no benefit whatsoever in having paid for priory boarding.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 10 September 2009 : by M Ransome

Very Poor

What a sham!

What a sham! Even with priority boarding they cannot get it right. They were charging 4 Euros for this service - so of course most passengers bought it. Where is the priority in this? Another way of making easy money!

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 11 October 2008 : by Colin Gregory

Fair

if they sort out the queuing system it would be a good service

Stansted - Salzburg return, priority booking worked. At Stansted a priority queue was formed although those without it at Salzburg were still at the front of the queue and I had to barge through to get on. If they sort out the queuing system it would be a good service.

RYANAIR PRIORITY BOARDING REVIEW : 30 September 2008 : by M Hartner

Poor

be very careful about paying for this

At Stansted there was just a limited level of priority to board, but other passengers pushing so much it was hard. In Lubeck, standards even worse and a complete waste of money. Be very careful about paying for this service - it is a sham.