PAGE loading ... please wait!

Porter Airlines Customer Reviews and Porter Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3

Porter Airlines customer travel guide

Porter Airlines 4-Star ranking

Porter Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Porter Airlines customer review :  25 January 2013 by Judy Lee    (Canada)

My colleague and I booked our seats separately and asked if we could sit together (PD421 - Toronto to Montreal Jan 23). The young lady behind the counter in the lounge said the flight was full and we would have to ask customers on the plane ourselves. We asked twice and got the same answer. When we got on the plane it was half empty. Needless to say we sat together but were both surprised since Porter is known for their extra mile service. Sloppy was among our comments. Rethinking Air Canada if Porter gives the same attitude.

Porter Airlines customer review :  10 January 2013 by D Green    (Canada)

Outrageous baggage fee policy. Paid $90 for an extra piece, total weight only 80 lbs too bags, and to know the bag I paid $90 did not even get placed on the plane and had to go back to airport the following day to retrieve the bag. Definitely not premium service for premium charges. Be cautious of lower fares because you may get charged others ways. Totally unreasonable baggage fees.

Porter Airlines customer review :  22 November 2012 by J Mosca    (Canada)

Flew YHZ-YTZ one-way with a brief stop in YUL. Despite leaving 30 minutes late due to mechanical problems earlier in the day, we arrived almost on time. Cabins were modern and comfortable, and the provided beverages/snacks were quite nice - the free wine was a nice touch too. Ground staff, in-flight attendants and pilots all seemed to share a camaraderie I haven't seen too often when flying. And very reasonable prices too. YTZ is a great airport as well - real easy to get out of.

Porter Airlines customer review :  21 November 2012 by Maulik Thakkar    (Canada)

YTZ-EWR return. On outbound leg, flight was slightly delayed but arrived on time in EWR. Lounge at YTZ brilliant, with convenient WiFi access. Boarding smooth and without delays, GatePorter service is fantastic for carry-on items too big for the passenger cabin. Flight not entirely full, and fantastic food and beverage choices surprisingly served in glass instead of plastic. On return, pleasant surprise at EWR lounge, which is always kept replenished with many choices for food and drink. No inflight entertainment, but this is not missed on flights underneath 2 hours. Staff service mediocre and leaves much to be desired on both legs - no smiles, and stiff service, though helpful upon request. Plane small, but seats comfortable. Overall, a fabulous experience lying with Porter that could be slightly improved with more warm staff service - would love to fly them again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  25 October 2012 by Carol James    (Canada)

I have mixed feelings about Porter. I have found flights between Ottawa and Toronto are getting cancelled more and more often. Sure, they'll bump you to an earlier flight if there is room, but they are also quick to cancel your flight and leave you stranded for another hour or four in the airport. It's not bad in Ottawa, as you can walk around (just a huge inconvenience) but in Toronto, it means you're stuck at a tiny airport with nothing to do! The lounges are nice, and it's great to get wifi service, but if these flight cancellations become any more frequent, I'm going back to the other airlines, which is why I'm giving this air service a lower score (otherwise, I'd probably put it at a nine). Staff have been nice enough, which is why I'm not reducing the score to lower yet.

Porter Airlines customer review :  17 October 2012 by A Johnstone    (UK)

EWR-YTZ. Delightful flight. Small lounge by the gate at Newark serving soft drinks and tea/ coffee. Friendly onboard service given with a smile. Arrival at the Toronto City Airport was simple - in my hotel less than an hour after landing.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  30 August 2012 by Michael Dielissen    (Canada)

Toronto to Moncton. Overall, I was satisfied. I wasn't "wowed" by the airline like a lot of other posters, however the service was professional, prompt and of good value. The flight to Moncton is 3 hours and has a quick stop over in Ottawa. The direct flight from Pearson is two hours, however I live 10 minutes from the island airport and over an hour from Pearson so for me the time was neutral and avoiding the crowds, annoyance and expense of getting to Pearson was a big plus. Check-in, security and the waiting area at the island airport makes you feel like a person travelling again. The turbo prop planes they use have no vibrations (unlike other prop planes I have flown on) and it really feels just like a jet. You do fly lower so there is a better chance of turbulance, but my flight had none. The seating has legroom like premium economy, but seat width like economy.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  29 August 2012 by N Macdonald    (USA)

Porter finally opened a leg to Dulles International to/from Toronto and the sales offered through the summer were great! Our flight up to Toronto was fantastic, on time, complimentary glass of wine, Porter terminal in Toronto is easy to navigate, quick trip on ferry. I was impressed with the service for the value. On the morning of our flight back to Dulles I received an email that our 11am flight had been cancelled and we were rescheduled on the 6pm flight. I called customer service to get booked on the 1pm flight, and of course that flight was fully booked. Porter had only re-booked one seat on the 6pm flight, not two. I spoke with the customer agent and the best they could do was put us one in front of the other and recommended I ask again at the airport. As we were 2 hours from the airport, I had to reschedule our transportation to the airport. At the airport the check in rep did manage to change our seats together. The terminal is comfortable and complimentary coffee, snacks and soda helps pass the time. I would fly Porter again when offering a decent sale price, but I would be prepared to be flexible! I would not recommend Porter if you are on a tight timeline and check your email to ensure your flight is still scheduled!

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  7 August 2012 by Josh Goldstein    (USA)

Having heard great things about Porter though friends and online I was eager to give them on a try on a recent trip to Toronto. I was quite pleased with the service and professionalism displayed by employees. All my flights were on time, aircraft's clean and airport personnel were helpful. Porter offers an excellent meal service for being a regional airline on short flights. Although they are small, it's still a very nice touch. The terminal in Toronto is fantastic however there was a real shortage of seating on my recent trip.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  20 July 2012 by J Middleton    (USA)

First time flying Porter, Chicago Midway to Quebec City via Toronto, round trip. Bottom line: excellent. Arrived in Toronto and was a bit confused on how to transfer to the connection. Coming into Canada from USA, one retrieves checked bag (even though checked through) and goes through Canadian customs. Once through customers, one takes it upstairs to connecting flight bag transfer where it is scanned and sent on its way to the connecting flight. On the return to the USA, this step is not necessary since USA passport control and customs is done at the USA destination airport, in my case Midway in Chicago - which was very fast. I echo the comments of others pleased with on board services. The only thing that would make Porter even better, from my point of view, would be to add on board wi-fi. One additional suggestion I would add is to always check in at the Porter service desk once you get in your lounge (they have a USA bound lounge and a domestic Canadian destination lounge). For web check in travelers, which I was one, there is an added security step that they need to do. I had thought this was done in Quebec city, but apparently they had missed that. In any case, my first trip with Porter certainly won't be my last.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  17 July 2012 by Ted Farley    (Canada)

A disappointing first Porter experience. Ready to take airport shuttle from Guelph to Toronto at 10 am when we happened to check our email at 9.15 am and found an email sent at 9.02 am saying flight cancelled and if we wanted to take a later flight we had to go to web check in. Tried to go to web check in but only one of two of our reserved seats showed up and there were no two available seats next to each other and web check in would not let us proceed to next screen. Had to call Porter and was told two seats beside each other weren't available and to speak to FA when boarding. Refunded both seat reservation fees but not willing to compensate in any other way. Told that flight was cancelled because of a maintenance issue. Enough to make a suspicious person suspicious - trying to consolidate flights? Won't fly Porter again.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  16 July 2012 by R Adams    (USA)

First time flying Porter from Newark to Quebec City. My originally booked flight was cancelled and I was moved to an earlier flight. Luckily I was still able to get to Newark in time for my flight. I was slightly concerned about the time between flights, but border control and customs was very quick even with having to retrieve my checked bag. My second flight was a little delayed, but less than an hour. Staff was great, seats were fine, food was decent, and beverages were served in glass! I would fly Porter again.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  19 June 2012 by Haris Saeed    (Canada)

Washington (IAD) - Toronto City (YTZ). Had a pretty good flight on my first flight with Porter. Friendly service throughout from boarding to leaving the aircraft. Really comfortable leather seats (2x2 configuration) and enough leg room. Served snacks (almonds or crisps) with drink (water or alcohol). Enjoyed the real glass provided and inflight magazine was printed on quality paper (small details make the difference after all). Flight took off on time, arrived 5 minutes early. Had to take the ferry/bus to reach downtown - but was provided and very convenient. No Inflight entertainment however.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  8 June 2012 by C Williams    (USA)

Washington Dulles-Toronto return. The pros are many: no fee baggage check (result: faster trip through security and time to gate, faster boarding as fewer passengers try to stow oversized bags onboard), friendly flight crew and free inflight beverages (including wine or beer) served in glasses. Comfortable leather seats, arrival in downtown Toronto at smaller airport (result: quick trip through border patrol, quick retrieval of checked bags, and quick trip to downtown (on free shuttle bus provided by Porter). Business class style lounge at Toronto airport with free beverages and light snacks (result: again, you are treated like you matter). No real cons to speak of on this trip. On-time flights with all of the above.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  17 May 2012 by M Triner    (USA)

Washington Dulles to Toronto. Had made online seat selection. Seat confirmed at check-in and issued boarding pass. Then boarding pass checked at gate again. Went to seat and found another passenger who had same seat issued. Flight attendant was not very pleasant and had us wait while she boarded other passengers. Fortunately another seat was available. How can 3 different seat checks miss a double seat booking?

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  25 April 2012 by Madeleine Romain    (Canada)

Toronto to Halifax. Service was great, flight attendants friendly and cheerful. Little touches like free water, tea, coffee or juice were great. Free beverages and meals are good and finally the price was also great.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  31 March 2012 by D Watts    (Canada)

Return trip from Newark to Toronto. This was our fourth flight in as many weeks on Porter, and we are both VIP Porter members. Booked on the 6.15, but our business in NYC finished earlier than expected, we arrived at Newark to get on the earlier 4pm flight. We were then told we had to wait over 3 hours as we had booked firm fare. We sat for 3 hours and watched the half empty 4pm leave, before boarding our nearly full 6.15.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  15 February 2012 by D Fowler    (UK)

All employees gave an excellent service. Very comfortable, hassle free departure lounge with free snacks and Internet access. This level of service transferred to the flight also, Toronto to Boston, with a personable crew, comfortable leather seats and again, a free tasty lunch and wine in real glasses. I just wish that we had a comparable airline here in the UK.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  1 February 2012 by Amit Dubey    (UK)

Toronto to Boston return. A problem with booking was solved extremely quickly via email. Their lounge in Toronto was excellent for an economy-class ticket (free wifi, snacks and coffee). As an added plus, there was a free seat next to me on both legs. Above all that cheaper than Air Canada and American Airlines.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  6 January 2012 by Eric McLoughlin    (Canada)

Return-trip to Toronto from Sudbury, and although delayed for 1.5 hours in Sudbury, staff were informative, courteous on the ground, and in the air, they offered as much as we could eat and drink. Return trip was flawless, on-time, great service and always with a smile at an affordable price.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  5 January 2012 by J Henderson    (Canada)

Had my whole family aboard on a new flight route from Toronto to Burlington Vermont return. On arrival in Burlington (a flight that takes just over a hour) they kept everyone waiting to go through customs at a separate building then bussed passengers to baggage claim. It took over an hour for the baggage to arrive. On the return flight to Toronto, the flight took off a hour late with no milk onboard for 2 toddlers.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  14 October 2011 by Sheena Jones    (Canada)

Best experience ever! I was very impressed with Porter. From the private lounge with computers to use, free snack area, to flight crew - who doesn't love free booze?  Great lunch sandwich and cookies!

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  22 September 2011 by K Marelle    (UK)

London to New York then NYC to Toronto. The outbound flight was delayed due to fog but they were lovely about it and let us off the plane. They explained several times and didn't leave us hanging. Staff were accommodating. My luggage was over the limit as I had flown premium from London to NYC and that allows me two cases. They were understanding. On my return, I was worried as my luggage was even heavier but I explained that I was going back to London and they were lovely. Free coffee and shortbread was a nice extra. The flight was on time and I would use them again.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  16 September 2011 by R Martelock    (Canada)

This was my first experience flying Porter and it won't be my last. From the moment I got to the Ottawa airport to check-in, I was pleased. The agent at the counter was friendly and helpful. She proceeded to inform me of my departure gate and where the Porter lounge was and to help myself to anything I wanted. Onboard the attendants were helpful and attentive, once in the air we were served a box lunch, wasn't expecting this at all (considering it's only a 45 mins flight from Ottawa to Toronto) and a beverage of your choice. Arrived at Billy Bishop airport in time for my connecting flight to Windsor.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  2 September 2011 by S Kean    (Canada)

Windsor to Ottawa. Windsor airport lacks services in general. The Porter staff were friendly and check-in easy. The lounges in Ottawa and Toronto were quite comfortable and it was a plus to have the free Internet access. The snacks are certainly an upgrade from anything offered on other carriers and the flight costs were far more affordable.

PORTER AIRLINES customer review :  31 August 2011 by T Goh (Canada)

YQM-YOW-YTZ. Check-in was easy at YQM with polite staff. Bright, airy cabin, clean-smelling inside the cabin, comfortable leather seats with generous space between each row. Professional flight attendants, because of a quick turn around at Ottawa before continuing to Toronto, we were served food and drinks twice. Both times we were given a box containing a sandwich, a salad and a piece of chocolate candy, plus the drinks service. Even though it's not warm food its tasty, better than pretzels and appreciated on a short flight. The flight was smooth and we landed in Toronto 20 mins ahead of schedule.

1 2 3