PIA Pakistan International Airlines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  11 March 2014 by Mohammad Saeed    (Canada)

PK790 from Toronto to Lahore on May 21, PK307 on June 8th from Lahore to Karachi and on PK783 on June 9 from Karachi to Toronto. 2ndflight schedule, PK790 from Toronto to Lahore on Tuesday Nov 19, on PK307 on Dec 7th from Lahore to Karachi and PK783 onDec 8 from Karachi to Toronto. My experience has been, I shall put it very good if not excellent., very comfortable flights. Plane interiors were clean, staff very co-operative, minor issues like the entertainment system at my seat not working or the fact that on the flight from Karachi to Toronto there were only two meals on offer on a 14.5 hr flight.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  10 March 2014 by Arhat Muneer    (USA)

Flew JFK-LHE-ISB in December 2013 and ISB-LHE-MAN-JFK in January 2014. Travelled with PIA after along time and have to say, I loved it. The food was excellent. Had some technical issues with IFE on the return flight but they were solved quickly by the crew. The seats were very comfortable. The crew was very helpful and understanding. Good hotel provided during long stopover/delay on return flight. Overall, a great experience and above all, PIA flies direct to Pakistan. I highly recommend it.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  3 March 2014 by Ahsan Ali    (Pakistan)

Lahore to Dubai return (A310). My worst experience with PIA. Both times flight was delayed, very poor staff onboard. Meals quality was very low, nothing for entertainment. Cabin crew offered us head phones but due to technical faults they were not working when they were inserted on seat arm.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  20 February 2014 by M Shah    (UK)

My family and I have been using PIA for almost 40 years. The one and only reason I use PIA is that they fly direct to Pakistan. On this particular journey I booked a direct return flight from London Heathrow to Islamabad and then back to London Heathrow. Sadly this is not what I got. My flight was diverted from Islamabad to Karachi then onto London Heathrow. A flight that was meant to take 7.5 hours took almost 12.5 hours. The plane was dirty, smelly, and unkempt and 1 toilet did not work at all. Another toilet was leaking. More than 60% of the in-flight entertainment was not working. No TV, no radio, nothing. No explanation as to why. The attitude of the staff was bordering on arrogant. The food was atrocious. Not one apology of the flight being diverted to Karachi. I was travelling with my elderly mother, who is a diabetic and the extra journey time had a huge impact on her.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  4 February 2014 by Hassan Aftab    (UK)

Flight PK731 from Karachi (KHI) to Jeddah (JED) on 27th Dec 2013 on board a Boeing 747-300 (AP-BFY). I was seated on the upper deck of this jumbo, seat 92A. It was my second flight with Pakistan International, and I was still impressed. Even though the aircraft was an old 747-300 the seat was comfortable and the service was delivered by an attentive and friendly cabin crew. The IFE screen was a small LCD screen which only worked for the Safety Video, then after that only a few PTV screens were working. The IFE was the only downside to my flight experience. Other than that I really enjoyed it on the upper deck of this beautiful B743 bird which there aren't many of today.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  31 January 2014 by Moeed Khan    (Pakistan)

PK-781 ISB-YYZ about 2 years ago. The seats were just okay. IFE was fair though there was less choice of channels. That flight is about 14 hours long but PIA is doing well to keep passengers entertained throughout that long flight. The staff were good. The food was just okay, it was not how it should be. The washrooms were clean. The plane was also in good condition.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  23 January 2014 by Naseer Khan    (UK)

Flew business class, LHR to Islamabad overnight and direct. Great flight out, slightly delayed due to illness but service inflight was excellent as was food. Seats not horizontal flat bed, I believe called angle flat bed but comfortable enough for snatches of sleep. Only 5 people in business class section so plenty of attention from cabin staff when required. Return flight though, should have been direct but instead routed via Karachi, 4 hour delay! Evening meal arrived, one pack of peanuts priced, one biscuit and a cup of tea/coffee/juice. Note to PIA delays, plane changes and joke meals are not the way to retain your premium paying business class passengers. The inflight staff were excellent but embarrassed on the return leg, they were simply let down by operational staff and management.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  21 January 2014 by Humayune Khalid    (Pakistan)

18th January 2014 from ISB-KHI. Aircraft was Boeing 737-800 that had been wetleased from some European country. Aircraft was relatively newer than the older Boeing 737-300 that PIA operated, however, the seats were cramped and passengers were packed like sardines. Flight was 40 minutes late and I was supposed to come back the same evening at 7pm. As per my booking the aircraft was supposed to be a Boeing 777-200 but flight from Karachi to Islamabad was 4 hours late and the same wet-leased, B737-800 clunker in which passengers were squeezed like tuna in a can. There was no IFE and food was provided was a sandwich, with cold drinks. I have been travelling PIA for a long time, but this was the worst experience. No economy plus, no business class. The inflight staff could not speak proper English and were rude.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  13 January 2014 by Abbas Tanweer    (Canada)

Travelled between Toronto-Lahore-|Toronto. The ground crew at the airline counter displayed attitude and lacked any courtesy. The food quality on the way to Lahore was just acceptable. On return to Toronto, the food portions were not even enough to feed a 6 year old. Also, the breakfast was served one hour after takeoff and then no food until next 8 hours. That too was not enough. There was no food/snack/beverage for next 7 hours. 70% of Pakistanis living in North America drink coffee. Coffee was not available for economy class. No more PIA. There are better choices available now.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  13 January 2014 by M Aftab    (UK)

PK788 from London-Heathrow (LHR) to Karachi (KHI) on 18th Dec 2013 on a Boeing 777-200ER (AP-BHX). It was my first time flying with Pakistan International as I normally fly with the Arab airlines (Emirates, Gulf Air etc). I was amazed by the service delivered to me! The crew were really friendly, IFE was working, seat was comfortable and in good condition & the meals served were delicious and more food was available upon request. I would say that their service is better than Emirates and a lot of other airlines eg BA. The things I would say that PK need to improve on is the crew uniform, aircraft interior and the IFE systems.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  20 December 2013 by Yazdani Usman    (Pakistan)

Travelled from Peshawar to Karachi and back. The flight was on time and boarding was quick and easy. There was a lack of entertainment on the A310, but being a short flight, it wasn't a problem. They did have a drama playing on a projector sort of thing and the headphones were synched with it. The food was delicious and fresh, which is usual from PIA. Over-all a good experience. I would recommend it, as the entertainment systems on international flight is also now very good.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  12 December 2013 by Muzzy Ali    (UK)

Went on fairly new B777-300er plane straight from Birmingham to Islamabad, meals were nice and the flight was on time, no fuss at all. Quick and easy boarding process. I went with my family (6 people, 4 adults 2 children) and it only cost me 2000 pounds - great value for money!

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  11 December 2013 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

We were flying from Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan to London Heathrow, on-board PIA's Boeing 777-300ER AP-BID on August 31st 2013. We checked in at Allama Iqbal International airport and then headed down for the gate. Breakfast wasn't very nice it was a Burger with a Muffin and a drink, however Lunch was excellent! We were served Curry, Rice, Vegetable curry, drinks etc. However then the In-flight Entertainment systems were switched on and only a half of the plane's entertainment system actually worked. This time this aircraft had more working IFE's than my previous PIA flight from LHR to ISB. My sister and mother's IFE worked and we shared that. It was a decent Entertainment system. The staff were friendly, they talked to passengers, checked if we are okay.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  10 December 2013 by R Edward    (UK)

Travelled PIA for the first time (LHR-ISB, PK786, 13/11/13, PK785, 20/11/13) to be different from the usual Emirates and was quite pleasantly surprised. Slight delay on departure, passenger had to be off loaded but the pilot was very informative and the crew had a pleasant feel to them, polite, courteous and cheerful - this carried on throughout the flight. The journey was uneventful (as are all flights now a days) and the food - that was scrumptious to say the least. Granted, not like the Arab airlines who give you options to keep you content, but this food was really nice and I actually had to ask for seconds to which the staff quietly smiled and returned with another helping! The IFE was so so, not brilliant but enough to get you through the journey. Overall, having flown a many 'third world' airlines, I can honestly say PIA is probably the best when compared to its neighbours, though still has some way to go to become an Emirates/Etihad.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Iqbal    (UK)

London Heathrow to Lahore, Pakistan, PK758, 2 Nov 2013. Returned on 3 December, PK757. The only reason we choose PIA is due to the direct flight to Pakistan, we have used them for several years. The value of what you pay for is deteriorating. I travelled with a 2 year old and keeping him entertained for over 7 hours is difficult without entertainment. No earphones for the entertainment, no pillows and no blankets. The food is getting worse. You get the food shoved in front of you without even being asked what you want. On the way to Pakistan my son wasn't even offered a meal. So if you want to fly directly I suggest you take iPad for entertainment, don't expect anything else from PIA. I would never use them again!

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  4 December 2013 by Altaf Ayesha    (UK)

Been using PIA for several years. Mainly because of their direct flights from London To Lahore. Have had problems in the past. This time booked tickets 9 months before flight date. Phone PIA a few week before to confirm flight. Only to be told that return flight had been cancelled. No notification by airline. No suitable alternative flights available. Unbelievable!

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  21 October 2013 by Mohammad Asif    (Saudi Arabia)

Flew from Multan-Jeddah, on PK-731. Basically it was a direct flight but we had a 2 hours stay at Karachi. We where treated with nice meals and good service. Unluckily, boarding started 3 hours late in Karachi. We were unaware until we boarded the aircraft that we were going to Lahore to drop passengers and to merge Lahore-Jeddah flight with us. It was a very boring journey with no entertainment and an ageing B-747 aircraft. Although, the journey was fine, with a helpful and smiling crew. Meals were also nice and delicious.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  28 August 2013 by Huzayfah Alam    (UK)

London Heathrow to Islamabad, Pakistan, July 24th 2013, Boeing 777-200ER. Aircraft was scheduled to be a Boeing 777-300ER, but it changed to a smaller aircraft - a Boeing 777-200ER which was chaos! Some passengers couldn't fly and everyone's seats changed! As we boarded we were greeted by cabin crew. Our meal was chicken curry, rice and vegetable curry served with bread, butter, drinks etc. The meal was fantastic! Inflight Entertainment screens were about to be switched on when all the passengers realized only about 10 out off 200 screens were working! We had no entertainment for 7 hours. Always bring an Ipad, Ipod or entertainment device with you. The cabin crew were fantastic! They always had a smile on their face and communicated with passengers very politely! I would only recommenced PIA If you have patience and don't mind about no entertainment.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  5 August 2013 by Ahmed Rashid    (Pakistan)

KHI-LHE, PK306. Originally, I was supposed to be on PK304, which departed 4 hours earlier, but since PIA did not have enough passengers for PK304, they merged it with PK306. This meant my flight was cancelled and I had to go 4 hours late. The plane was a very old 747-300, which had minuscule TV screens, but the in-flight entertainment did not work at all. However, seat comfort was decent and I had good legroom. Even though there were stains everywhere around me and I couldn't see through the window properly, the takeoffs and landings were good. I would rate this airline as average.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  11 July 2013 by Sara Ali    (UK)

My family and I took the flight from London Heathrow Airport to Islamabad last week, on board we noticed how the staff were unwelcoming to not only us but every passenger. It is not nice to board a plane where the staff cannot make an effort to smile. The whole planes interior was outdated, scruffy and looked somewhat unhygienic along with the toilets. It didn't feel pleasant or comfortable at all. The food was both bland and lacked variety. Blankets were given out selectively so not everyone received one and the remote to my seat was broken off which meant no entertainment. After no action taken by staff I took matters in my own hands and moved to an empty row. Overall I am dreading flying back to the UK using this Airline.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  4 July 2013 by Mohammad Mustafa    (Canada)

Flew to Karachi from Toronto 3 weeks ago. Checking in at Pearson international airport was fairly smooth but we had to face a 30 minute delay due to electrical problems. Already tired from a long flight from Hong Kong to Los Angeles I was already disappointed. Boarding on business class felt like flying on economy class. Boarding a Boeing 777-200, the cabin crew were friendly enough to direct me to my seat. After boarding it took another 30 minutes to find a family of 5 which had not boarded the flight. Flight was rather comfortable with the exception of some minor turbulence. Food was good and the cabin crew helpful. It took 15 minutes to leave the aircraft and the baggage came out quickly.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  2 July 2013 by Hassaan Sadiq    (Pakistan)

I had a chance to travel from London to Lahore on PIA, Boeing 777-200. Flight was on time, though we faced difficulty during the check in process. The staff were not so co-operative and friendly. The flight temperature fluctuated and caused discomfort. The tasted excellent but the presentation was poor.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  19 April 2013 by Amna Shafqat    (Pakistan)

Flew to London from Lahore. This trip to London was very enjoyable. The cabin crew was very helpful, the aircraft was a 777-er, and the food served was excellent. Blankets and pillows were handed out when needed. Even though the seat covers were torn here and there, yet the comfort was there. Recommended.

I returned from London on 26th August, 2012. Flight was ok but it started with a delay of 4 hours from Heathrow, London. For me it was a comfortable flight, the crew friendly, even though the gentleman sitting a seat away from me was barking out loudly just because he couldn't find space in the overhead container for his luggage. Apart from this incident, the flight was comfortable.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  25 March 2013 by Rizwan Ahmed Khan    (Italy)

Travelled last week on PK 733 from Lahore to Malpensa. I have flown with many airlines in the world but the comfort and friendly environment which I experienced with PIA was never felt before, I hope PIA will re-gain its glory.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  19 March 2013 by Ali Abbasi    (Canada)

I travelled to Karachi from Toronto on Sunday. No blankets, seats were uncomfortable and our flight to Karachi required us to stop in Islamabad, get our luggage out, and check in again before we were on our way to Karachi. The entertainment system did not work for the whole journey. The service has become extremely poor now.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  20 February 2013 by Azam Qureshi    (UK)

London to Islamabad. Boarding was quick and easy, flight was smooth and the plane was fairly new 777-er. Business class was excellent - the best I experienced on any airline. The food was delicious and the plane was clean. The meal's were warm and fresh and had a lot of choice. The crew were smart and kind and the entertainment was enjoyable. Real Pakistani hospitality with a Western twist.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  12 February 2013 by Z Shah    (USA)

LHR-KHI. We flew PIA from Lahore to Karachi at the last minute due to our Air Blue flight being cancelled due to bad weather. The plane was a 777-ER and was relatively new. The seats in Economy were extremely comfortable and the seat configuration was excellent as well (2-4-2). The cabin service on PIA was very friendly. The food though was some type of unidentifiable sandwich (the rumor though is that PIA will stop serving food on domestic flights). But overall a pleasant experience for a two hour flight.

PIA Pakistan International Airlines customer review :  30 January 2013 by B Fazal    (Denmark)

MAN-JFK. Overall trip was acceptable. ground staff poor, ground procedure useless, procedure was long and ineffective. Onboard, the seating procedure was awful. Misplaced hand baggage and families were the main reason behind this. Cabin crew not really able to help, they just let passengers figure it out. When airborne inflight entertainment was poor due to technical issues, furthermore only some IFE were working. No maps nor flight info or flight data. Food was poor, only served a proper meal once. On the bright side the aircraft was modern and new.

1 2 3