Pegasus Airlines Passenger Reviews and Pegasus Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Jaime Jaramillo    (Colombia)

SAW-ASR, 28 June, Flight 166 and DNZ-SAW, 2 July. Travelled internally in Turkey. All flights left on time. Excellent, 737 aircraft and 320 Airbus comfortable for short flights. I recommend it and the price averaged $40 per trip.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Al Khalidi    (UK)

7 Jul 2014, Aberdeen - Dalaman. Return 21 Jul 2014, Dalaman - Aberdeen. My 3 members family flew from Dalaman - Aberdeen. I arrived at the check-in desk, only 30 mins before my flight due to a shuttle transfer mistake. The check-in desk was closed, after talking to the check-in staff, a few calls with security and the Pegasus captain I was checked in with 3 suitcases, fast tracked through passport control, security checks and boarded the plane 5 mins before take off. Check in Staff were not so friendly (no smiley faces) but very efficient. When I arrived at Aberdeen Airport I predicted that our luggage/cases would not make it until the next flight. What a surprise when we found our 3 cases were within the first 10 cases.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Gary Pollinger    (UK)

We have used Pegasus many times and cannot fault it, when you bear in mind it is a low cost airline. As a Turkish Airline it is obviously biased towards Turkish passengers, but this is only to be expected. The staff are efficient and courteous but the best thing is the price - they are consistently low and there are no hidden extra's. We travel from Stansted to Izmir, as we have a home in Kusadasi which is approx 45 mins from the airport, and the planes consistently leave and land on time, which makes the travel time about the same as it takes me to visit my daughter in Newcastle. Long May Pegusus Fly!

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Farid Behpour    (UK)

SXF to SAW, reserved the first row seats but could not even stretch my legs, the worst flight experience ever to be repeated. Rude flight attendants, flies on the plane. Take my advise - pay a bit more and fly a normal carrier.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by J Murad    (Sweden)

I traveled from Stockholm to Istanbul and then from Istanbul to Dubai. First of all, the staff were very rude and barely spoke English. The food was very poor with only sandwiches to choose from. I ordered a coke, expecting it to be cold, but the flight attendant gave it to me hot and not enjoyable. There was no entertainment whatsoever and the seats were very uncomfortable. The airport was also very confusing and if you would ask someone they usually did not understand English and the flight was always late. I wouldn't recommend this airline at all.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by James Martin    (USA)

I have flown on Pegasus airline as well as Sunexpress on several occasions. It is quite simple, follow the luggage rules, make sure your booking is correct and you shouldn't get many surprises as far as nickel and dimming. Eat before you get on the plane at a reasonable price or pack a snack! I have flown them in between Stuttgart and Izmir as well as within Turkey on numerous occasions. I use them to save major bucks when traveling major airlines international to Istanbul and then going to another connecting city in Turkey. You will probably pay excess baggage, but pay in advance and save hundred of $$ in some cases. In short pack a lunch, follow the rules, keep it simple and enjoy the ride. I travel them still as a desirable option, as for me they are predictable, so I am comfortable with them.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by J Collier    (UK)

I flew on 6/6/14 and again on 20/6/14 from Cardiff to Dalaman, prior to which I read the many reviews which were negative of Pegasus. I was therefore expecting the worst and was surprised that both flights were excellent from the early departures to early arrivals to pleasant crew who spoke clear English to clean and spacious interior. Well done Pegasus we look forward to flying with you again.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by D Leston    (UK)

STN-SAW-TLV-SAW-STN on Pegasus. My expectations were low, assuming it would be like Wizz or Ryanair, how wrong I was. What a great experience, even the connections. All flights on time, all cabin crews encountered were smiling and polite. The aircraft (all four of them) were clean and tidy with plenty of leg room and SAW Istanbul for transiting was a breeze. Great place with plenty of facilities - not what I was expecting from a 'low-cost' hub. Excellent value for money, would definitely recommend them.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2014 by L Fraser    (UK)

Just back from a weeks holiday to Turkey with Thomsons. When they changed our flights to Pegasus I checked the reviews and was horrified by what was being said and I was dreading our flight. How wrong were those reviews! Our flight was delayed by about 10mins, no problem. The aircraft was spacious, the seats were wide (and I am not a slim woman), plenty of legroom for my husband (he is over 6' and usually pays for extra legroom, but he found the normal seats were plenty wide enough for him). The staff were very pleasant and the coffee was good. What more could you ask for. I would say it is one of the best flights I have ever had and I have travelled with a few different airlines on short haul and long haul flights.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Mike Wiesner    (USA)

May 14, AMS-SAW, flight 672 and SAW-TLV, flight 779 (although I was supposed to be flight 785). They boast a high on time arrival/departure but my first flight was delayed 2 hours for technical reasons so I missed my next flight and waited an extra 1.5 hours in Istanbul. In addition, I found both Pegasus's flight crew as well as ground personnel unhelpful and at times actually rude. I fly often (about 1x per month) and usually fly Turkish Air. Pegasus doesn't even come close to providing the type of friendly, efficient service I've come to expect. Yes, Pegasus is cheap and no-frills but they have a lot of work to do before I fly them again. I'll pay a bit more and fly Turkish (or maybe try another no-frills airline).

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by M Ardak    (Kazakhstan)

My wife and I flew from Almaty to Paris through Istanbul's Sabiha Gokcen last year. It was a good experience overall. The plane was relatively new and the crew was really nice. I did not enjoy the space for legs, which was really small and I had trouble to spread out my legs and have a little nap. When we arrived in Istanbul, all the passengers who had connecting flights faced the worst level of service from Pegasus ticketing agents. Around 150 passengers were in transit and some of them had to catch another Pegasus flight that was leaving in less than an hour. There were only 2-3 agents printing boarding passes to these passengers. It was a mess, shortly speaking. We really didn't worry too much because our flight was 5 hours from the moment of landing. Other than that, I really liked Pegasus and people should not expect the world class service, comfort or facilities when they buy their tickets. It is a good value for money.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by J Bass    (Turkey)

My wife and a friend flew from Izmir, Turkey to Ankara for a one day trip and return the next. The flights over and back were horrible. The plane did not have a/c and the 200 people were wearing 200 hundred different kinds of perfume. To top it off, the napkins smelt just as bad as the colognes. The cabin was extremely hot. I had to apologize to my wife for getting these tickets for her. We will never fly Pegasus again. It is not worth the saving in the price of the ticket.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Matthew Takim    (USA)

PC334, 4/27/2013. I have taken this flight from Frankfurt to Istanbul with my 2 children and my wife after flying from Los Angeles to Germany, and this connection was offered to us. We were at first reluctant as we had not heard of this airlines in the US, but after we arrived in Istanbul in comfort, on time, good food service and with a clean plane we were impressed by it. This is the first time we have flown with a low cost airlines and was not disappointed.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by F MacKillop    (France)

Pegasus ok for short haul only. Long haul not good for following reasons: no legroom, very limited and expensive food/drink choices (breakfast not even available, and the only meal I could eat for medical reasons), no debit card payments allowed, meaning you have to put more debt on a credit card. Chaotic, unfriendly and unpleasant boarding process. Domestic flights feeding international flights almost always significantly late, with no reasons/excuses offered. SAW airport a pain to get from domestic to international; thought it'd be better than IST but is very similar in terms of very poor circulation between the two terminals, badly organized immigration procedures (a Turkish forte if ever there was one), and an abysmal 'food' selection at extortionate prices (just like IST in that regard). All in all, not sure the slightly lower price justifies this versus THL, given the non existent levels of comfort and service. Worse than Easyjet for sure.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by J Geels    (Netherlands)

We flew from Istanbul to Tel Aviv and return flight 2 weeks later. Both flights were fine, on time and modern aircraft. Legroom is extremely small, even for myself 1.67m. When buying your ticket you notice you have to pay an additional fee for a seat. The fare stated on their site is without a seat!

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  22 January 2014 by H Nilou    (UK)

London Stansted - Tehran via Istanbul and back. 5 hour wait between flights turned into 14 hours delay in Istanbul airport without even a sip of water being offered to passengers. No one explained to us what the plan was and no one spoke a word of English! After 14 hours they transferred us to a hotel for a few hours until they managed to find a plane for us. Return journey was delayed 2 hours and many people lost their connecting flights to their final destination. To top it all, on arrival at Stansted airport they told us our luggage was left in Istanbul! The planes were terrible, very old and the service on the flight was awful.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by K Hanna    (UK)

Flight London-Istanbul-Beirut. Outgoing flight has been changed which resulted on having to wait 6 hrs in Istanbul airport instead of 2 (would never buy tickets if knew about 6 hrs wait in that horrible airport). Always queues in transfer area, staff very slow and most know hardly any English so if you need some information then just guess. When coming back, check-in desk has been very slow, the girl on desk didn't print out the boarding pass for the final flight without any explanation, which resulted on waiting in a queue at Istanbul airport for an hour or more to have it printed out. Will never use them again.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Richard Strutt    (UK)

Istanbul to Stansted flight aborted landing seconds before landing then circled for 30 minutes before landing in Manchester due to fog, held on plane for a further 2 hours before being moved to terminal then a further 3 hour wait for a bus back to Stansted arrived there 12 hours late. No apology or explanation from very rude crew, when I asked for a drink of water after being sat on the runway for 2 hours I was told it would be £3, no food or drink vouchers for the additional 3 hour wait in terminal or the 4 hour bus journey south, disgusting way to treat paying customers.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Thomas Blashill    (UK)

Flew from London to Dubai via Istanbul last year. If Pegasus was the only airline flying I would walk. Not on time. Food ordered was poor and cold when served. My complaint was not dealt with in any sort of satisfactory manner - they just didn't care. Our luggage was not transferred at Istanbul so we had two days without our belongings in Dubai.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by M Witvliet    (Netherlands)

Brussels - Tbilisi. The check in was like a trip back to the seventies and of course the flight was delayed 2 hours. We boarded an extremely worn down airplane which was at a very uncomfortable temperature of around 35c. The flight attendants shouted at passengers, ordering them to hurry up. The seats were extremely uncomfortable, there was no legroom at all (I'm 1.83 meters) and you had to figure out what the buttons were for at the panel above your head because the signs were completely wiped out. After a very annoying instruction video that was completely unrecognisable, we got some further information from the flight attendant and captain, again in Turkish and English that was unrecognisable. The entertainment exists out of commercials of items sold on the flight, of course again in Turkish and English you can't understand. As the flight to Tbilisi is not direct we landed at Istanbul. Then we boarded an airplane that was more modern, flight attendants were far friendlier but they sadly also spoke very bad English as did the captain, but the flight was reasonably comfortable. I would rather cancel my holiday then fly with this company again.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Swarup Kumar    (Israel)

Flew from Tel Aviv to Sanliurfa via Istanbul (SAW). All four flights were on time, clean and new Boeing 737, friendly crew. Istanbul SAW is an easy transit airport. Will definitely use them again, I hope they make the food on board a little cheaper.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Alabay Ege    (Canada)

Had to fly AMS-SAW and back because it was part of my KLM ticket. The worst part is the lack of harmonization between KLM and Pegasus despite this codeshare agreement. You can't check in online, they don't have access to their seats, as a result I ended up having to sit between two strangers on both flights. Also Pegasus doesn't have a desk at Amsterdam so they literally give you boarding passes as you are boarding. You can't also shop duty-free because you are lacking the boarding pass. I had my luggage lost both ways. Pegasus baggage tracing services are extremely lousy. The magazine was missing from my seat pocket, the security video was annoying and confusing. The food is super expensive, I believe water was 3 euros. I can understand that low cost airlines don't give snacks or food but water? Plus I paid for this flight as a KLM customer so I deserve KLM treatment. Very bad experience overall.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2013 by P Nguyen    (USA)

Our 9:30 PM Pegasus Airlines flight from Istanbul SAW to Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport on October 31, 2013, was horrible. I had the misfortune of having as my neighbor a drunken passenger, who boarded with a nearly empty bottle of gin, from which he continued to take swigs! He reeked of alcohol, and was continuously making loud, incoherent, and inappropriate comments to all around him. We faulted the flight attendant of Pegasus Airlines, who told us that she saw "no problem" with this inebriated passenger, and that he was "completely normal" to her. BTW, it was not just us, but other passengers in front of us were making signs with their noses to indicate that they could smell the alcohol. (We had asked the flight attendant if we could be moved to a different seat lest we might be vomitted upon or suffer from other mishaps from the drunken passenger, but the flight attendant's response was that she saw no justification for our request, despite the fact that there were empty seats elsewhere.) In all of our travels, we have never encountered this type of irresponsible and unprofessional service from a flight crew. Compared to this, we will take gruff service any day!

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Ahmet Aydin    (UK)

Still waiting for Pegasus to respond to a complaint I made 2 weeks ago. I flew from Izmir-Istanbul-Stansted but my luggage never left Istanbul! Waited 3 hours at Stansted, no one to help and had to drive 2.5 hours home with no clues and certainly no luggage! Called every tel no. under the sun the following day (PGS Istanbul head Office, PGS Istanbul airport, PGS Stansted airport etc), numbers either did not work or we were fobbed off and told to call elsewhere. In fact PGS at Stansted told us we would need to go to Stansted and deal with the matter in person, even though were 2.5 hours away and it wasn't our fault! A helpful lady at Stansted found our luggage in the end and sent it the following day via courier. Pegasus offered no help, no interest and certainly no apology and can't even respond to an email we have sent three times now.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Vaxman Itshak    (Israel)

Flew with my wife on a round trip Tel-Aviv - Antalya. All 4 flights were remarkably on time, much better than any other airline I use to fly. The SAW (Sabiha Goken) airport in Istanbul is just what is necessary for a customer, not too much shopping, but pretty comfortable seating. Check in was fast, so were all the boardings as well. The aircraft's are very modern 737's, nice and relatively clean. Extra 17 EUR for emergency exit seat is worth the money. The connection is faster than any other, and the flight is cheaper by $300, so buying a sandwich on the flight or at the airport is still worth it.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by P Madsen    (Denmark)

Copenhagen-Istanbul-Tel Aviv. Online check in didn't work. No automatic check in at airport either. Stood for more than 1 hour in line for check-in. Sat at the back of the flight, most food and drinks were sold out by the time they got to us. Thirsty and hungry, we arrived late in Istanbul - without boarding cards for the next flight. Disembarking as the last passengers, and with a 2 yr. old in a stroller, we were met by chaos of stressed passengers without boarding cards, all fighting for a spot in line! We happened to be the last passengers to get boarding cards for the next flight. Eventually they gave us some handwritten boarding cards and allowed us through security, we had to run to the gate for boarding. I asked there staff where we were going to sit, only to discover we had no seats for this flight. Again, no information, just stressed staff making phone calls. Luckily, some passengers emphasised with us and gave up their seats. So at the last minute, we were allowed to board. They had forgotten half the luggage in Istanbul. Again, no information on arrival.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Aytek Cingitas    (Turkey)

I frequently fly with Pegasus both on Turkish domestic flights and international flights mostly from Istanbul SAW - AMS. I am generally satisfied with the airline. They take off on time and makes me feel at home and safe.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by R Hayes    (UK)

I regularly use Pegasus for trips between Stansted and Nicosia (N Cyprus). Flights to / from N Cyprus have, by law, to land first in Turkey before continuing. The last outward flight landed at Istanbul; the aircraft was new, very clean and comfortable and the service excellent. Returned via Izmir in an older aircraft which was not so clean or comfortable, nor did it have video screens but the crew were very courteous. I wish I could say the same for the British passengers who boarded at Izmir: the mess they left behind was embarrassing.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by D Mcaleny    (UK)

Having read some reviews on Pegasus Airlines we were very worried what we were going to expect, but this was totally the opposite as the flight we were on was very good and the crew were very attentive to our needs. We flew from Manchester to Alanya in Turkey.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by G Stoykovich    (USA)

BEG-SAW-TEH-SAW-BEG. Four flights within a month. Very happy with my first Pegasus experience, and if there is opportunity I would fly them again. Planes new and clean, sufficient leg space. Crew professional, no objections there. Food and drink need to be purchased but this is a low-cost after all. Take off and landing very smooth and the flight times shorter than expected, usually making up for any delay. Check-in swift. My only problem was long connection times, 8 hrs to Tehran, 6 hrs back to Belgrade. Not much to do at the airport during such a long time, but that is an altogether different matter.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Gerge Lamprou    (Greece)

There is no leg space even for the seats where are paying more for leg space. Seat extremely small and no A/C. Even if you do online check-in you do not have any priority at the check in counter (3 counters for 2 departing flights!). I flew from Athens to Istanbul (SAW airport) and this is the last time! The fare was not lower than other airlines.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  13 September 2013 by B Alatas    (Turkey)

Ankara to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport every week with Pegasus. I buy my tickets in bulk at the beginning of the semester and pay embarrassingly little. Pegasus do their job in a professional manner. It is not about good food, legroom, in-flight entertainment, etc - it is about travelling on time at a very reasonable price.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by P James    (USA)

We flew from Izmir to Istanbul, August 2013. The plane was awful, dirty, old, uncomfortable and the crew were miserable. The service was terrible. We were given emergency exit seats not by request and were told if we wanted to change they did not know where we would sit and probably not together. They took our personal belongings and put it in the overhead. When I asked why they said because we were in the emergency exit seats and if we didn't comply would be moved.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by H Marketa    (UK)

Booked on the airline by our travel agent for our return flight from Dalaman to London (26 August). It was simply the worst experience I have had on a flight. Pegasus makes Easyjet and Ryanair look like a relaxing first-class experience. Check-in took a long-time, the aircraft was run down and dirty, the crew were quite unfriendly but the worst part was the flight itself when passages were allowed to behave disrespectfully, jumping on seats, ignoring the flight-rules throughout. On landing while the aircraft was still taxiing, passengers were walking around, getting luggage from the overhead-compartments. The crew just looked on, not saying anything to attempt to control the situation at all.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2013 by Pär Tyskling    (Sweden)

It was a 3.5 hrs flight between Stockholm and Istanbul on a Boeing 737. They had compressed in at least 50% more passengers than the airplane is designed for, the 737 is a totally fine aircraft but when you put in 6 rows of seats and minimize the leg space to an absolute minimum it is unbearable. The air-conditioning was not coping and they refused to give any water unless you had cash.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Ahmad Aweidah    (Palestine)

Tel Aviv to Trabzon via Istanbul Sabiha airport and back, very satisfied overall. Planes were clean, comfortable and brand new on the SAW-TLV leg. Paid a higher price because of last minute booking. I am beginning to prefer these low cost airlines to regular ones. They get you where you need to go, no fuss and no pretence. All four flights were on time and flight crew as expected. Istanbul SAW is a haven to transit through vs Ataturk airport hell. Will use them again for sure and highly recommend them for short European hops.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2013 by R Antoine    (Canada)

Trip from Paris to Istanbul on Aug 7 2013. Very Bad seats, no room. You must pay to even get a drink of water! Cabin crew very unfriendly.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Bassem Tellawi    (Lebanon)

PC 862 from Istanbul to Beirut on July 19 2013. I have tried several airlines but Pegasus is the worst. In fact, I have tried it from Istanbul to Beirut and it is expensive compared to other airlines. Flight delayed 1.5 hrs without informing passengers and they have very poor leg room and the food on board is expensive. I will not try Pegasus anymore.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by John Kryzyanowski    (UK)

Flight Istanbul to Antalya, seat allocated with online check-in, Flight on time, short hop to Antalya, pleasant crew. In fact absolutely nothing wrong with this budget flight company, would use them again for internal flights.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by John Kryzyanowski    (UK)

Flight Ankara to Istanbul, flight on time, pleasant air crew, bought tea and cake, asked for milk for the tea and it was given, very impressed with this internal flight.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by W Magnus    (Sweden)

SAW-ARN (Stockholm, Sweden) this morning. The airport was a pleasant surprise, having been riding on low-cost airlines for a long time now, hence visiting old/2nd-tier airports a lot. Check-in as well as boarding went smoothly in terms of the process. Flight was in general decent (however, I got the worst seat, 32D). However, what pulls the overall impression down is the level of service provided, both at check-in and in-flight. Staff do not care and the total lack of professionalism from the onboard crew was like nothing I had seen before. A number of passengers hurried to get off the plane from the rear. Crew opened the door to get air and chatted, but ignored the passengers looking at the crew to get a hint if rear would be opened or not. Tiny detail, but this was an example of their non-caring attitude.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  27 June 2013 by R Ellis    (UK)

MAN to Dalaman and return, June 2013. Booked cheap flight last minute, so was prepared to "rough it" but was pleasantly surprised. The plane was new, clean and comfortable and the staff very good. I booked a meal each way at a cheap cost in comparison with other charter flights, and the quality was very good. The only drawback was the flight time was slightly longer than UK charters but it was acceptable for the cost.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2013 by Judith Dand    (Turkey)

Antalya - Izmir return. Two short flights. Pros: price; ease of on-line booking, seat selection, meal choice, check in; flights on time, excellent quality cold breakfast tray, coffee not bad, service fine and friendly. Cons: very hard narrow seat.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2013 by A Linsley    (UK)

I flew from Stansted to Antalya via Istanbul, it was my first time with Pegasus, I found the planes to be clean and modern and the legroom wasn't too bad. The only problem was not checking in online all the way to Antalya, so we had to collect our luggage and re-check in at Istanbul.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by A Milossavlyevich    (Turkey)

SAW to ASR. Plane older but clean, staff courteous. Have no illusions - service at Pegasus is plain and correct. No ads, no hidden fees - just transport. The airport they operate from (Sabiha Gokcen) is far from the city and has its own separate issues.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by Alan Cooksey    (UK)

Stansted to North Cyprus. It was so hot on plane that this made journey was very uncomfortable. Our return flight was just as bad. Felt ill after both flights. Never again with Pegasus.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2013 by E Ilhan    (USA)

IST-ANT-IST on brand-new B737-800s. The safety videos were fun and innovative. Both flights on time and Sabiha Gokcen is better than Ataturk Airport. The legroom was good. What else can you expect from a low- cost airline, mostly flying short distances?

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  16 January 2013 by P Sosnitsky    (Colombia)

We flew from Athens to Izmir hassle free. Modern airplane. Great safety video. Bags arrived. Its a discount airline but was ok for our needs.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  4 January 2013 by G Tuncer    (Netherlands)

I travelled last week from Amsterdam to SAW (Sabiha Gokcen Istanbul). Although Online check-in is promoted, there is none at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, so you still need to stand in line for an hour to check in. At Sabiha Gokcen Airport, ground staff are not capable of being friendly. Very unprofessional. No more Pegasus for us.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by A Jumani    (UK)

Flew with a family of 4 children to Dubai for a week, first time and last time with Pegasus. A day before departure, I was called to be informed that the flight 'might' be cancelled. The uncertainty helped make it a stressful day. At check-in, was informed that the flight was not cancelled, but we may be changed to Azerbaijan Airways for the Dubai leg, and have an additional stop. Finally arrived at Dubai only to find out that our 5 checked in pieces of baggage, primarily the children's items, had been sent to Cyprus. Promised to have them in 24 hours, but took over 3 days. To make matters even worse, I had to go back to the airport to collect the bags. Overall, I would pay the extra next time to fly with a more reliable carrier.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2012 by S Daniels    (Israel)

Flew TLV to SAW return. Short flights were on time, and no frills as per the pricing, but no surprises either. No free water in Gokcen, so we were thirsty on the flight. Bags came promptly, and no complaints about the airline. Third party ground staff in Istanbul had weak English, but not a major issue. Plane was clean and modern.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  19 December 2012 by R Reineke    (Germany)

I travelled on the 17th December 2012 from IKA to SAW and unfortunately arrived late at the airport. The check-in counter were already closed and no personnel to be seen. Finally, 35min before departure, an Immigration officer called to the Pegasus gate and the employee agreed to pick me individually up at the Immigration. Go with me through security and check me in manually. I have been travelling with Pegasus four times already from SXF to IKA via SAW and am satisfied with their value for money and now even their flexibility. The aircraft departed on time.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2012 by Evert de Jong    (Netherlands)

My wife and I took a return flight from Amsterdam to Dubai. Departure at Amsterdam delayed 5 hours due to weather in Amsterdam so we missed our connecting flight to Dubai. PGS call centre offered us the choice of refunding our money or taking the next flight, 2 days later. Both options not acceptable for we were booked on a cruise ship leaving the next day. Decided to take the delayed flight to Istanbul and booked (and paid for) a flight with Emirates from Istanbul to Dubai the next day. Not very convenient. However, the way Pegasus dealt with their delayed passengers was a pleasant surprise. Upon arrival, PGS staff were available, got us through customs and assisted in claiming our luggage and within half an hour, we were in a nice hotel at PGS cost. For a low-cost carrier like PGS, this exceeded my expectations. Flights were convenient given the price. Free baggage allowance of 20 kg is not common these days. Positive surprise was the apt of Sabinha Gokcen, nice and modern and easy to find you way. Return flights were spot on time. If you are looking for a low priced carrier, Pegasus is a reasonable choice and I would not hesitate to book them again.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2012 by S Seacroft    (UK)

Flew Stansted to Tbilisi AND back changing at Istanbul - very satisfied. Booking was easy, and I was delighted to be able to book through journeys with automatic transfer of baggage (not always possible with budget flights). Hold luggage was free, staff pleasant and unobtrusive. The planes, which seemed pretty new, were as comfortable as one can expect on a budget flight, with screens showing flight paths which was interesting as it was unknown territory for me, and the flight information done on screen by kids rather than self-conscious flight attendant was a novelty (though it palled a bit by my 4th journey). Arrived on time with each flight. Best of all was the price - a quarter of what a direct flight with a big airline would have been. I'll definitely use them again.

1 2 3 4