Pegasus Airlines Passenger Reviews and Pegasus Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  26 April 2011 by Sami Mikati   (Switzerland)

ZRH-BEY via SAW return. ZRH-SAW delayed 1 hour due to late arrival of incoming flight. B737-800 clean and boarding efficient on all sectors. Very good value for money, 3 out of 4 sectors on time. SAW airport new and comfortable for 2 hour transit.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  5 January 2011 by Ewan McKendrick   (UK)

London to Tbilisi to Zurich. Cheap fare is the only reason you would choose to fly with Pegasus but if Tbilisi or Beirut is your final destination I would choose similarly priced Air Baltic via Riga any day. Avoid at all costs a long layover at SAW as mentioned in earlier review! I've vowed never to fly Pegasus again and even found myself claiming Ryanair is better. I always sit on the back row - on 2 sectors TBS-SAW and SAW-ZRH someone was smoking onboard and crew didn't bother - both times turned a blind eye? Passengers up and about while the plane was still on the runway in Tbilisi and again in Istanbul on return - again crew didn't bother. All in all pretty chaotic. What they do seem to get right is the friendliness of the cabin crew - chatty and generally helpful. Onboard food ok (avoid hot breakfast) and by booking them ahead you get served first and it works out much cheaper. On all 4 sectors there was a problem with paying for my drinks with a credit card but eventually they somehow managed it - otherwise my flight on Christmas Day would be pretty gloomy. Great onboard tv's with aircraft location which you don't usually get on a budget airline. Safety demo featuring children whilst fun means that no one bothers watching it after first 30 seconds (probably doesn't help no crew are present in the aisle either when it's running). Last sector SAW to ZRH was operated by Tailwind Airlines in old 737-400.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  27 November 2010 by M Berry   (USA)

Kayseri - Istanbul SAW. Kayseri check-in was a nightmare compared to outbound THY flight. There will be Turkish families arguing with agents over the weight of baggage! I had paid a nominal 8TL to reserve front aisle and middle seat on web site, but were offered exit rows at check in. I had also purchased additional baggage kgs from the web site knowing 20k wouldn't be enough, and was still over. Agent spoke good English and was very friendly despite the chaos around her, and let my baggage and my companion's overweight baggage go on without additional charge. My two carry ons were not an issue despite policy. Kayseri airport is bleak and has only one restaurant with very limited selection. Grab a doner in town before you head out. Boarding was chaotic for this full flight, but flight departed on time. FAs where professional and went through the entire safety in both Turkish and English. Drinks were offered and food for purchase. Plane was new and clean with nice in-flight magazine. Exit row space was no bigger than regular rows. Should have kept my seats up front. Flight is quick and Istanbul SAW new and modern. Baggage wait was not bad. Bus service to Taksim Sq. (45 min) is easy departing every 1/2 hour for only 12 TL. Price for Pegasus flight was only $45 US, a great deal vs. THY's $70. However for only $25 more, check-in with THY would have been a breeze (as I gazed over at the agents just waiting for a passenger), the plane would have been empty and I would have had a hot meal for free, 23k baggage allowance, plus Star Alliance miles. You decide when flying domestic Turkey. Overall, I would fly Pegasus again.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  18 November 2010 by John Henshall   (UK)

London Stansted to Tbilisi Georgia via Istanbul return. I was relieved to find a normal airport check-in with allocated seats and 20kg checked baggage allowance at no extra cost and 8kg hand baggage. London to Istanbul was slightly late but no problem as I was using the Servisair lounge adjacent to the gate. All other flights on time. The long layover each way at Istanbul's modern Sabiha Gökçen (SAW) airport was the worst part, especially as neither of the lounges accepted Priority Pass but helpful staff at Gloria Jean's Coffees allowed me to plug my laptop into their power and there was wireless available. Hilarious safety video featuring children – a great idea because you just have to watch it. Planes modern and clean. I learned here that on-board prices are high so I ate and drank before the flights. Unlike others, I had no problems with cancellations. So far as I am concerned this is a budget airline which is much better than that very arrogant one which I could Harp on about.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  6 November 2010 by Andrew Coogans   (UK)

Stansted - Istanbul Return. Very short check in at STN - agent seemed surprised at our relative lack of luggage, perhaps understandable given that 20kg free allowance was included in the ticket price. Chaos at the other desks as Turkish families seemed to be trying to take huge amounts of luggage with them. Flight was around 45 minutes late but kept well informed with regular announcements. Aircraft clean and fresh but legroom very tight. Great, funny safety demo video. Crew friendly if a little slow at service. Prices on board were very high - even higher than Ryanair. SAW airport in Istanbul offers limited transport connections into the city but was a much larger airport than expected. Return journey much the same, hand baggage limits strictly applied, and slightly more chaos at check in. Again crew seemed very genuine and friendly but slow at serving meals and snacks. Flight only 25 minutes late this time.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  3 November 2010 by Peter Wheeler   (UK)

I booked 3 seats, 5 months in advance. Due to travel at 22.15, I checked the web site on the morning of flight to see that it had been cancelled. I rang the Customer Service line who told me that the flights were still operating. At 1200 I had a call to say my flight was indeed cancelled as was my return. Could I make Stansted by 1200 next day (originally Gatwick). Coming from the Isle of Wight, the answer had to be no. Okay, I could have a full refund if I supplied IBAN numbers (not credit card refund you would expect) this would be in my bank within 8 days. Got alternative flights and checked bank 2 weeks later - no refund! Rang and e- mailed help desk who took my credit card details and promised refund within 5 days. One week on and still no money. E-mailed again - still no response. We live in hope.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  27 October 2010 by B Dearing   (UK)

Stansted to Ercan via Istanbul return. Planes modern, flights on time cabin, crew had little English but pleasant enough. Drinks and food very overpriced, gin and tonic £10 but then reduced it to £8-50 : still did not buy. Buy food and drink before boarding.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  21 October 2010 by T Barrett   (UK)

We have had the same problems as most of the UK people have already put on here - that flight cancelled 3 days before due to return with no explanation as to why. There are a few of us who are still in contact trying to get money back from flights, lost day holiday and taxi fares from Stansted to Gatwick. Still no reply for me after first writing to them on 18 August!

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  9 October 2010 by Alan Sayers   (UK)

Last December booked Gatwick-Dalaman return for September. Message was left on my mobile 3 days before outbound flight to say that the outbound flight was cancelled, also received an email. No replies to my emails so had to call the shambolic call centre in Turkey (cost £5.20) and was told there was an alternative Stanstad-Istanbul-Dalaman a day later than original outbound date or £126 refund within 48 hours. Booked alternative with Onur, no problems whatsoever. That was over 4 weeks ago, have sent over 50 emails to various email addresses within Pegasus and to date have had no replies whatsoever.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  22 September 2010 by M Tuffin   (UK)

London Stansted-Bodrum return. I am a believer that you get what you pay for, and as such I have no problem with budget carriers. What I do have a problem with is when you book flights 6 months in advance, only to realise that the airline have decided to habitually cancel that flight every week for the past 2 months without good reason (this was confirmed by Stansted Airport information), each week then only informing passengers 24-48 hours before departure of the cancellation. In our case offered no viable alternative departing even on the same day was offered. I had to incur extra costs and book alternative flights at the last minute, and am still waiting for the refund to be processed for the original flight costs. Chaotic call centre in Turkey is the only way to communicate with the airline, as emails ignored, and advertised customer services number in UK does not work. My advice is to avoid this airline at all costs.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  20 September 2010 by B McNamara   (UK)

Manchester to Antalya return. The plane was clean and staff extremely helpful and we had a most comfortable journey. The flights were on time and enjoyable.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  19 September 2010 by M Cornish   (UK)

Going out at Gatwick, we had been moved along with about 20 or so other people to a charter flight that Pegasus was operating for Olympic holidays at exactly the same time as our scheduled flight. However they had forgotten to send an updated flight manifest to Gatwick. I spent the best part of an hour phoning a rather useless call centre who kept saying 'you are on the flight' - until the lira finally dropped that he actually had to do something. Cabin crew useless, didn't get our pre-booked meal. Pegusus then cancelled the return flight and told us there was no flight back to Gatwick and we'd have to wait a week to fly back to Stansted. It was only when we pointed out they would have to pay for accommodation that a flight suddenly appeared via Istanbul. We had no transfer from Stansted - point blank refusal. On the flight back from Istanbul it was full of very disgruntled people, some who's flights had been cancelled and had been held at Istanbul airport with a promise of a flight for nearly 48 hours.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  6 September 2010 by R Craigie   (UK)

I booked flights last October, they took nearly a £1000 more than the quoted cost, it took 4 months of phoning every week to get a refund. When we booked I made it clear our 11 year old granddaughter was severely disabled and requested additional baggage allowance as we have to take liquid food with us plus equipment, told no problem, but to ensure I had a doctors letter, I phone a week before we travelled and this was confirmed as being OK again. Arrived at Stansted and was told we would have to pay excess of £440, after arguing for an hour this was reduced to £120. The flight was delayed and we arrived in Istanbul with 30 minutes to transfer to the domestic terminal, my wife was given a broken wheelchair and had to carry our granddaughter on her lap. We were not given any assistance or directions to the next flight. The same happened on our return today. The main problems seems to be having staff who cannot speak English. If you have a disability and risk flying with Pegasus, ensure you have it confirmed in writing what you will receive in assistance. There were 2 other families on our flights who experienced problems not related to disabilities, they also stated they would not accept flights with Pegasus as a gift.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  23 August 2010 by Michael Davies   (UK)

Istanbul Gocken to Bodrum. Flight cost £45 return each. Great value. Cabin crew efficient and friendly. New B737-800, nice leather seats and safety video. Inflight service efficient. Prices what you would expect. A fellow Turkish traveller says their domestic network is fantastic compared their international service.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  23 August 2010 by J Emmins   (UK)

LGW to Dalaman - a week before we are due to travel we have flights cancelled, booked onto another one but when we get to Gatwick it is chaos as the flight we had been booked onto does not even exist - after a long delay we finally get on a flight which does not match any paperwork we had previously been given, nor even the boarding cards? On the day we were due to fly back we checked online to see if anything was happening and the flight does not exist! After a dash to Dalaman Airport, we established that we had been put on a flight on the night to Istanbul and the following evening to Stansted. Then we had to pay for a taxi to get us to home. After much discussion with the manager of Pegasus at Dalaman Airport we were put onto the Gatwick flight but had to be back at the airport in 30 mins with no guarantee - rude staff.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  13 August 2010 by T O'Leary   (UK)

I was called last night and told my flight on the return was cancelled and I had to fly 10 hours earlier which meant changing my plans - also losing the night before as we had to leave at a ridiculous hour to catch this flight. We have been calling them and getting one different story after another about this flight change and it all sounds like a big lie. When I asked for a manager I was told "NO" . I was also told "this is your problem". Never again, don't waste your time!

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  12 August 2010 by Cathy Guenier   (UK)

I can honestly say that Pegasus is the worst airline I have ever flown with. We were phoned 3 days prior to our departure to be informed that our flight was canceled, we had been transferred to an alternative flight 12 hours earlier with no alternatives offered. After waiting for 1.5 hours for check in, we were then flown from Gatwick to Manchester prior to going onto Dalaman - flight took a total of 9 hrs, it should have taken 4hrs. The plane was clean, but had poor service, staff spoke little English and we were poorly informed of times etc. Upon our return the same thing happened - but worse, we were offered a flight via Istanbul to Stansted, we needed to get to Gatwick! We declined this flight and were offered a very poor refund for which we are still waiting.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  12 August 2010 by O Vuigner   (Switzerland)

SAW-Malatya, Trabzon-SAW with connection to Milan Bergamo. Quite friendly onboard staff with mostly decent English, new planes (737-800) on SAW-MLX and SAW-BGY (on TZX it was an older 737-500). Security measures seemed to be followed. Onboard catering is good value for money.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  17 July 2010 by G Miosch   (Cyprus)

I've used Pegasus several times on Europe to Turkey and Turkey to Cyprus routes. The airline is a low-cost carrier and that does show in the quality. Staff speak little to no English (or any other language than Turkish for that matter) and subsequently most announcements are in Turkish only. Recently the security advisory video has been changed to be conveyed by a 5 year old Turkish boy putting on fake English accent for comic effect. Unfortunately the hybrid Turkish/English is so bad that one can hardly understand what he is saying - I don't even what to image what it's like for non-native English speakers. Okay given - most frequent fliers already know how to open a seat belt and where the life jackets are - but the attitude towards safety this shows does give you cause to worry. The planes were generally in okay shape and the food/beverage prices are a bit on the expensive side but not outrageous.

1 2 3 4