Pegasus Airlines Passenger Reviews and Pegasus Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2012 by C Shawcross    (UK)

Manchester to Dalaman. Waited over an hour to check-in even though 3 desks were open. Everyone who had overweight luggage was given a ticket then wandered around the airport to pay whilst the check-in assistant sat back and waited for them to return instead of dealing with the next customer. We paid for extra legroom and got the front seats. Compared to other airlines, this was minimal. We have never sat in smaller width seats. All 3 of us had to raise our glasses together to drink in unison. Extremely uncomfortable for 4 hours! The cabin crew never smiled and were downright surly. The drinks are extortionate. We do not have a good thing to say about Pegasus.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  1 June 2012 by Carolyn Blake    (Romania)

Dalaman to Bucharest. I took my flight from Dalaman Turkey to Istanbul. Flight was delayed so long I missed my connecting flight in Istanbul for Romania. It took me 4 hours to find someone at the airport to "help" me. She offered to sell me another ticket for a flight 2 days later. I told her it was not my fault I missed my connecting flight, to which she said, "You are welcome to go to any other airline." I ended up having to purchase a very expensive last minute ticket from another airline for 3 times the cost of my entire Pegasus flight. On the flight from Dalaman to Istanbul, we were in tiny, cramped seats, and they only sell food and drinks. Never ever again.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2012 by Michael Curran    (UK)

Stansted to Ercan via Izmir. Check-in was smooth and swift, the plane was on time and was spotless. The legroom is a bit cramped but not the worst we have been on. The food and drink onboard were no dearer than a UK based budget airline all in all a very positive experience.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2012 by Peter Gardner    (UK)

We flew via Istanbul to North Cyprus on 24 March 2012 returning a week later. The aircraft on both legs of the journey were immaculate, seating was good and the service professional and efficient. I will be travelling with this airline again.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2012 by Chantal Di Donato    (UK)

We flew to Istanbul. Online check-in and boarding smooth. The flight, however, was terrible. On most night flights they serve drinks and food and dim the lights so passengers can rest. Not on Pegasus! They kept the lights on the whole flight and the crew kept going up and down the aisle selling products! The return was the same story!

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2012 by S van Wijk    (Netherlands)

Düsseldorf-Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen return on Boeing 737-800. New clean planes, on-time departures and arrivals, friendly staff. Very cramped seating arrangements. Food and drinks overpriced. No inflight entertainment, only flight status information. All in all good value for money if you don't mind being folded up for 3 hours.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2012 by M Dogan    (USA)

Ankara-Izmir. Flights were cheap, overall the service was excellent for a low cost carrier. Plane took off and landed on time. Clean planes, and for once a happy flight-crew.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2011 by D Heaney    (UK)

London Stansted-Istanbul S Gokcen, Istanbul S Gokcen-Tbilisi return. No complaints at all, in fact three of the four flights left on time, and arrived on time - the fourth was delayed because of heavy and sudden overnight snow at Tbilisi airport. The rows of seating a little more cramped than I am used to, but not intolerably so. The food (paid for - and bookable in advance via their website at a discount) was surprisingly high quality. Really rather good, in all.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2011 by C Newton    (UK)

There are always snags but as a first time traveller with Pegasus it was extremely good vale for the money. Booking efficient. Aircraft new, clean. Flight times spot on. Food a little costly but good. Check-in efficient and cabin staff friendly. Flight time from Stansted to Arcan Cyprus is only 5 hrs including a 50 min stop at Istanbul. Hold luggage limit 20k. Pegasus should impose a restriction on cabin luggage, the huge amounts of 'hand' baggage taken by some was absolutely ridiculous.

Pegasus Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2011 by H McIntosh    (UK)

Clean aircraft, friendly staff, flight was on time. However, the food was well overpriced (£4 for a chocolate bar) and seating arrangements were cramped, leaving you feeling like you are sitting on the person in front of you - how they expected us to fit down onto a brace position in a emergency I do not know. All in all, I would say you pay for what you get.

Pegasus Airlines customer review :  22 October 2011 by John Wagner   (USA)

My flight from Istanbul SAW to Tbilisi was quite good - efficient and friendly service. My flight from TBS back to SAW was just the opposite - this flight was operated by IZair (doing contract work for Pegasus), and this flight had some of the most disorganized FA's I've ever encountered and an ancient A320 with a cabin that was badly in need of a refurbishment (my seat controls did not work). Because of this IZair incident, I will not be using Pegasus in the future.

Pegasus Airlines customer review :  10 October 2011 by C Atkinson   (UK)

Manchester to Ercan via Antalya. Take off delayed by security alert at Machester for approx 3 hours. After security hall the last call was put out for passengers so we went to the departure gate straight away only to be told there were more than 55 passengers still to be boarded so sat in the plane for another 45 minutes. then we sat on the runway for another hour. Finally took off. By this time we were very hungry - there were no meals or sandwiches available on the plane. This was a 4.5 hour flight followed by 50 minutes on the ground at Antalya and a further 45 minute flight to Ercan. Snacks grossly overpriced but needs must. Had we been told when booking that food could be ordered online we would have done so. The cabin crew were miserable throughout and seats very cramped and hard.

Pegasus Airlines customer review :  6 October 2011 by Warren Brown   (UK)

Booked our midday flight from Stansted to Northern Cyprus 6 months in advance only for it to be changed without notification to a flight leaving at midnight, luckily we spotted this early enough to get it changed back. We boarded the plane on time but it soon became evident there was a problem with the seating arrangements and we waited 2 hrs onboard while this was sorted out, a lone traveller finally volunteered to get off which solved the problem. We had booked and paid for inflight meals but the staff had no record of this so we had to buy poor quality sandwiches and drinks for our family of 5 at a cost of around £40. The flight home was pretty similar, absolute chaos when trying to get seated, passengers sitting wherever they wanted as there was no control exercised by the cabin crew, resulting in families with pre-booked seats being split up. This time we were prepared and took a packed lunch, but this time we were on the food list. All in all a terrible service with the most expensive in flight menu I have come across.

Pegasus Airlines customer review :  21 September 2011 by L Enersen   (Denmark)

Copenhagen-Istanbul-Dalaman and Antalya-Istanbul-Copenhagen. Satisfied with the service, although everything onboard has to be paid for, that is more than made up for by the low price.

Pegasus Airlines customer review :  14 September 2011 by K Lankarany   (Germany)

Istanbul-Berlin. Competitive pricing - narrow seats but new cabin. Definitely worth paying extra for the exit row seats. Indifferent but not unfriendly crew. You need to pay for everything but as it was a night flight, it did not matter much. Flight on time. Recommended as a non-thrills airline that delivers what it promises.

Pegasus Airlines customer review :  26 July 2011 by J Glover   (UK)

I was travelling back from Istanbul to London Stansted. I had paid to reserve an aisle seat at the front, on boarding the plane there was someone in my seat. When I questioned the woman sitting there she said she had been moved by the previous crew (from Northern Cyprus-Istanbul) because she was uncomfortable in a middle seat. When I told one of the crew who had taken over she said I would have to move to the aisle seat as they could not move the woman back. After complaining for some time that I would like the seat I had paid for the Chief Steward told me to sit where you are told. I did so but received no apology and no real reason why I would have to move. When I arrived home I completed the complaint form and sent it together with a letter to their customer services. Despite numerous follow up letters, and telephone calls I have still not an apology.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  21 July 2011 by Bob Bokyepgt   (Cyprus)

We unfortunately had no option apart from to book these flights, which were done through their website showing a departure time of 11 am. We arrived at the airport to find that the published time was wrong so we were faced with a longer wait. At check in we requested an aisle and a window seat, and were told that there was an extra charge for the window and aisle seat, the only seats you do not have to pay for are the middle seats. On board there was a very tight seat configuration where even water is charged for, blankets, pillows, food are extra.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  19 July 2011 by Simon Oakley   (UK)

Stansted-Ercan via Izmir and return via Istanbul. Check in at Stansted was quick with no queuing. We were allowed to pool our family luggage allowance, a generous 20kg each which appeared very sensible. Planes clean and on time (early) and the attendants were professional and provided very good service. Leg room was a bit restricted for a 5 hr flight and the in flight catering was very expensive, but I would use again.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  12 July 2011 by Ersin Genc   (Czech Republic)

Everything on and off board is money to them. There was an old lady on board whom requested a blanket (it was a 6hr flight and it was freezing on board). The stewardess said that they didn't give any blankets for free but if she was really cold she could buy one for 15$! All food on board is disgusting and over priced. (I bought chicken for 30$ and couldn't eat it). The crew sucks big time. I didn't see one of them smile the whole journey. One stewardess even yelled at my nephew when he asked if he could play music on his phone which was on "flight mode "(I have used flight mode on all of my other flights).

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  11 June 2011 by Lyn Haslam   (UK)

Supposed to travel from Izmir to Stansted on 5th June. Got to check in desk at Izmir 2 hours before, as requested only to find they have oversold the flights by 5 seats and they would only let 3 members of our family fly home. After much arguing at the check in desk with no apology from the ground staff, myself and my daughter stayed back to let the rest of our family board the plane. Also bumped off our flight was an elderly lady travelling alone and in need of a wheelchair, who was diabetic and on heart medication. This airline is a shambles. What makes the matter even worse is that we had all paid £10 per person to pick our seats, which were clearly printed on our confirmation. Why did they sell our seats. The call centre is a joke, you cannot talk to anyone who understands English, they promise to call back and then they do not. My advice would be never to fly with this airline. If you do, do not pay for reserving seats as you will not get the seats you pre book, especially at Izmir as when you board the flight at Izmir, people from Northern Cyprus where the plane picks up from first are already in your seats.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  8 June 2011 by Donald Spencer   (UK)

London Stansted-Ercan, booking done on line, allocated emergency row seats pre-ordered meals, which were excellent. B737-800's with leather Recaro seats, aircraft immaculately clean, cabin crew friendly and efficient. Check in at Stansted and Ercan easy, all flights on time. Someone had said that the Pegasus website is difficult to navigate and they try to sell to many extras. I disagree - extras are there, but you don't have to buy them and there is no pressure to do so.

PEGASUS AIRLINES customer review :  1 June 2011 by Ertan Atay   (Turkey)

Planes quite new and prices is low if you book and buy well in advance. However, they have a ticketing website that almost prevents buying tickets instead of making it easy - they try to sell extra services such as excess baggage, food, seat selection, insurance etc. If you simply want to buy a ticket, you have to look elsewhere. I have tried to complain using their web forms but as you can guess, it was pointless it did not accept my long complain text.

1 2 3 4