Philippine Airlines Customer Reviews and Philippine Airlines Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by L Ball (Laos)

Never again! We flew Bangkok to Manila. Manila to Cebu, and are flying tomorrow Manila to Bangkok. All 3 flights have had the times changed and quite considerably. This is not normally an issue but we have connecting flights. The worst being our flight tomorrow from Manila to Bangkok. It was originally at 14.15, arriving at 16.45, perfect for our connecting flight at 20.45 so we have time to clear immigration and re-check in. Then it was changed to 15.40, arriving in Bangkok at 18.10, which is just about OK for our 20.45 flight bearing in mind we must clear immigration as it's a different unlinked airline booking. Then, today, the day before, I go online to check in (a good job I have) and our flight has been changed to 17.50, arriving in Bangkok at 20.20, which is impossible for our connecting flight. The best PAL have offered is a 'free' change to the 09.35 flight, arriving in Bangkok at 12.05. We now lose half a day in Manila, and we had planned to do our souvenir shopping then, and we now have 8.5 hours at BKK airport. Yes, we could go into BKK but we've visited BKK many, many times before (we only live in Laos, an hour away). I am not impressed. How can an airline change all 3 flights we've booked?

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by C Estrella (USA)

I came back from Manila on March 31 2014, on flight to LAX. As I boarded in NAIA on March 31 2014, the first attendant did not make any courteous comments whatsoever. Her response was rude but I tolerated it because I chose to fly cheap. PAL's Business Class is around $4.000 cheaper than Cathay Pacific and PAL flies direct. Service was not bad and all facilities were working. On our previous LAX-MNL flight, the reading light above me wouldn't switch off and like other reviewers have said, nothing was done about it. On this leg, we paid the $50 for extra leg room in economy and ended up behind the main door with the big hump thereby preventing me from extending my leg forward. We can fly CP or JAL or SA and pay a lot more plus spend more time in the air and on layovers or we can just pay PAL their cheap fares and hope that the next PAL plane we board is newer.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Aeron Aquino (UK)

LHR-MNL-LHR. I had to fly to MNL for an emergency. I couldn't get any flight on the usual airlines I fly with, specifically Star Alliance member airlines, or Emirates. A PAL flight suited my schedule so I booked a flight with them. I was not sure of PAL when I did the booking as it is fairly new to the London market, though it is the only airline that offers a direct flight to between LHR and MNL. The day of the flight came. I did a web check in with no frills. When I got to the airport (LHR T4), the longest queue of passengers waiting to check in got my attention: all PAL passengers on the same flight I was about to be in. Luckily I checked in online so I did not have to wait for hours. PAL does not have its own ground staff, hence was outsourced with DNATA which Emirates owns. When I got onboard, very friendly FAs assisted me and changed my mood. Service really is great, may be the same as Singapore Airlines' service. Food is average, had 3 services all throughout the flight. Inflight entertainment is good though as not extensive as Emirates' ICE. No complimentary toiletries in flight unlike Asiana. Seats are wider and comfortable unlike seats on Singapore Air's A380s. On my way back to London, I am impressed with the service at Centennial Terminal that PAL exclusively uses compared to Terminal 1 which is stressful. The flight was the longest flight i have ever been into - 15 hours. The service was great. In total, PAL LHR flight is good value for money and will fly again with them. Hopefully PAL will have its own ground staff at LHR as DNATA staff do not care and gives bad impression on PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Gloria Pineda (USA)

3/8/14 we were denied to board our flight from Basco to Manila due to the strong winds. 10 passengers were bumped off including us. Reason given was they needed to reduce the weight of the plane. No assistance were given to find accommodation or a flight out. Told to go to the PAL office in the town and speak to a PAL agent there. The agent offered us a ticket on a flight 2 days later even though they had a flight next day. We were forced to buy tickets from another airline to be able to fly out next day.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by R W Langhorne (UK)

We fly PAL regularly from San Francisco, London, and Tokyo to Bacolod. In January after a meeting in Manila we were to take the 12.30pm flight to Bacolod - which PAL was charging a premium for. Six hours later we arrived in Bacolod at 7.45pm. No offers of a meal, premium ticket refund, or any customer assistance. We are trying to find alternative airlines to fly. It should be noted however, that inflight service has always been good.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Michael Daugherty (USA)

I fly LAX-HKG twice a year and am still wondering why my company got tickets with PAL. Starts off 12hr delay at LAX. Every 2 hours they would bump it two more. I live about 30 minutes from the airport and would have gone home if I had known it was going to be 12hrs. Then to add salt to the wound when I landed in HKG and they had lost my luggage. At least they got my luggage to me in Shenzhen about 40 hours later so I feel fortunate. Food and crew were very nice and no complaints there.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Sharrett James (Philippines)

Flew from Singapore to Manila. Last group to get on, locker space over my seat was full with other passengers excess baggage, they had to find a space half way down the plane! Airline should only let 1 carry on, the rest should be checked in. Staff didn't care. Flying out to CDO, plane was 1.5 hours late taking off, same problem again, my locker space crammed with other passengers baggage, had to put my bag under my seat.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Sebastian Tirol Leahy (Hong Kong)

I went on it last summer 2013 with my family from Hong Kong to Manila on an A320. Cabin was clean, cabin crew were friendly, comfortable seat but poor entertainment system. The food was good and no delays were required. I recommend this for tourists to the Philippines for holidays. It's much better than Cebu Pacific.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Todosychuk Ken (Canada)

Here we sit in Manila airport waiting for our 2.35 in the afternoon flight to Puerto Princessa. It is now 5.45 pm. No compensation offered, no excuses offered, they do not care, they are extremely disorganized, we will never use this airline again. The staff working at the customer service desks had no idea what was going on, as well as being too busy on their phones to even look up and address us.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Martin (Philippines)

MNL - Puerto Princesa - MNL flight using a PAL Express A320. Crew was courteous. Pilots and crew spoke fluent English. Complimentary snacks. No flight entertainment as this was a domestic flight. Both flights to and from were on time.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Casaol (Australia)

Paid for 20 domestic flights for a big family travelling within the Philippines and had at least 2 flights delayed by at least 2 hours (9 tickets affected) without any offer of stay i.e lounge access. Requested Lounge access as my flight delay would mean 7 hours out of hotel accommodation and 4 hours in airport but was told Lounge is for first and business class. No manager on customer service would talk to me as were too busy. Embarrassing as they are the national carrier.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Scarlett (Australia)

Travelled Sydney-Manila return in business class. I was pleasantly surprised - the flight was very comfortable with excellent service, comfortable lie-flat seats, and was pretty much on time. The only real issue was the poor entertainment system, best bring a good book.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by S Bagsit (USA)

I flew to Manila, Philippines with PAL last July 2013 and it was the worst airline experience I have had. The crew were not willing to help passengers. Inflight service was slow and did not even offer drinking water during the flight. I asked for one and the flight attendant said "in a while" and never came back. I will not fly this airline again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Roland (Austria)

MNL-HKG. Chaotic and long waits at Terminal 2. Very friendly check-in. Paying the terminal fee (not knowing why) is not possible to pay with credit card like in Terminal 1 and 3. Flight was delayed for nearly 2 hours. Staff onboard were very friendly, few films only (compared to EK or TK), but very delicious food. Seats were ok! In HKG the luggage took a very long time to arrive. I will fly again with PR.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Jacek Zielinski (Thailand)

PR731, BKK-MNL, Feb 27th. Online booking smooth, as was online check-in. At BKK priority Immigration and lounge pass given, direct down to THAI Business Lounge D. Far better lounge than the SATS that PAL uses at Changi. Onboard seated, beverage requests taken, asked for Champagne. 5 min later told they have ran out of Champagne. I ask how is this possible when we are still firmly at the gate. Purser explains PAL is not allowed to restock anywhere other than at home base in Manila. Since Feb 1st they are allowed to load only 2 bottles for Business class for 2 sectors. This A340 had 24 Business class seats, 13pax. Outbound had 19 pax and all Champagne was consumed. Purser visibly frustrated by this policy but powerless. Same policy applies even to long-haul flights. Equally Economy is now limited to 120 cans of beer. Running out of Premium Class service items even before departure is ridiculous. This is regrettable because food was good and portions adequate and PAL Cabins Staff in Business is very friendly, courteous and attentive. Seating was also comfortable as this was their long-haul A340 (Crew rest area in front Galley). Departure was delayed by about 20min, arrival almost on time. Will fly again 2 weeks from now but if the same repeats itself, I'm done with PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by John Contreras (Philippines)

MNL-BKK-MNL. Flew last summer on an A340. interior are old, entertainment is poor (drop down tv monitor only) boarding is delayed by 15 min only (no problem) take off is again delayed by 10 min (not fault of the airline). Flight crew robotic (not consistent with their domestic crew). Return flight is same crew are robotic and not warm but they are professional. PR lags behind other Asian competitor. Will fly them again maybe after rehabilitation is finished.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2014 by C Reuben (New Zealand)

Brisbane-Darwin-Manila return Mabuhay (Business Class) on Airbus A320. This is a very poor business class product. Seat was an old style recliner seat with a pitch comparable to economy class of other carriers. Seat reclines for about 2 inches and does not have any leg rest making it the most uncomfortable during a 7.5-hour journey. Entertainment is very poor, no noise cancellation headphones and no amenity kits were given despite being advertised in the website. Service was attentive but food was very standard. Overall it was a very disappointing experience flying the Mabuhay Class product on this route. Unless they will upgrade their equipment, the product is not worth the price.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by S Sab (Thailand)

I flew Bangkok to Manila once a month for business for almost one year, unfortunately I don't recall having one single flight on time. The average delay on this route is about 1-2 hours. Whether morning flight or late flight you face the same issue, missing your connection, no compensation nor accommodation arrangements. I am a gold frequent flyer on Air France, China Eastern and Thai Airways, from now on I am going to stay away from this airline.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Mueller Martin (Germany)

Flight from Cagayan de Oro to Manila, plane was clean, staff always friendly to the passenger. PAL is really a much better airline than the years before. Snacks, coffee and water were offered. All in all a nice flight again with PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Gallucci Charles (Canada)

YQT-YYZ-MNL-YYZ-YQT in May-June 2013. I had flown through HKG and NRT to get to the Philippines in previous trips. So much easier to make one connection in YYZ rather than having to make 2 connections. Staff were good, plane was very good. I paid the $20 for premium economy. Was a newer Boeing 777-300ER with a fair bit of room. (Pro tip: Sit on one of the sides not the middle section.) The warm cloths towards the end of the trip are a nice touch as I usually only get those when I fly in Business Class. Only complaint was not enforcing carry-on restrictions which can get out of hand. Ample baggage allowances. Terminal 2 is better than Terminal 1 but not as good as Terminal 3 IMHO, but it's good enough and certainly not the fault of the airline. Immigration and Baggage was probably about an hour but again not the fault of the airline. Flight is overnight which means you arrive early the next day and can start your business or whatever immediately. I have another trip booked on the same route this May 2014, so yes I will be flying again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J Jones (Canada)

YVR-Manila, Dec 2013 return in Business class. As always the service was exemplary and we were made to feel welcome by the 2 crew members assigned to us. This was our third time in Business Class with PAL. The food was faultless. I do not know why people complain about their lie flat beds, they are comfortable. The new business class lounge in Manila is a huge improvement and is very welcoming airside. The cabin on the 777 was spotless though there was an issue with my pillow not being clean as we boarded in Vancouver but this was changed. The purser approached me to apologise.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by S Osmundo (USA)

I flew business class round trip from LAX to MNL in January/February 2014. The 747 and A340 were older models. The service was excellent and made up for the older generation aircraft. The pilots were also very good, with smooth landings. There was moderate turbulence on the way back to LA, but the pilots handled it very well.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by S Simon (Australia)

I have been flying MEL-MNL-MEL and SYD-MNL-SYD for the last 6 months. Initially PAL we're using 777 for both of these routes. Planes were brand new with lie flat beds in business. Since about September PAL have been using older 330/340 planes. Business seats are old and just a little better than economy. Business upgrades have been a waste of money on these. Service though has remained top class throughout the period.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by G Greenwood (Australia)

Hong Kong to Manila, PR 301, 27 Jan 2014. A320 cabin was very confined and there was a long queue for toilets - was nowhere near as pleasant as previous flights taken in their A330. I will make a conscious effort to book PAL flights on their larger aircraft in future.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Haveri (USA)

My husband and I traveled recently from LAX to Manila and back. We are vegans and had called Philippine Airlines twice to confirm our meal requests. On the trip from LAX to Manila we were served excellent vegan meals and the cabin staff were excellent. We had a problem on the return trip. We arrived to Manila airport 3 hours before our flight after traveling 2 hours from our resort. The business class lounge had no vegan or vegetarian food. We walked all the airport food concessions. Not one had any vegetarian food. Then we boarded our flight. The business class stewardess asked us for meal choices and when we said we had requested vegan meals she looked surprised. The Catering manager and his assistant came on board to speak to us to tell us to take the next day flight and the airline would have a meal for us. The only thing I can say is the business class stewardess was excellent. She did her best to find nuts, fruits and remove meat and cheese from salads.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by G Lebo (USA)

YYZ-MNL-BKK on Jan 10 2014. 777 plane fairly new and very clean. Stop in YVR for more passengers and crew change. Then 13.5 hours to Manila. I thought overall the food selection was very good. Nicely presented and well garnished. Seats were comfortable with almost full flat. Was able to sleep and I am a fairly large man. Although the on demand entertainment system worked well, I found the selection a little small and the movies somewhat aged The 3.5 hour flight from MNL-BKK was on an A340 that was showing some age. After take off, we found the entertainment system did not work. Seems it was ok in economy, but Business was not. The FA returned shortly with a stack of I Pads and gave them out. They had music, games and movies. Really nice touch. The lounges in both YYZ and MNL were nice with food and WIFI.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Castagno Mauro (Italy)

I booked 2 domestic return flights, Manila-Caticlan/Boracay-Manila and Manila-Busuanga/Coron-Manila. The first one, that was also their first flight to Caticlan in the early morning was incredibly delayed whereas their bigger competitor was continuing to announce boarding and boarding to Caticlan/Boracay and to various other domestic destinations. My second flight (from Caticlan to Manila on 2nd January 2014, morning) was also delayed, but not too big a delay. My third flight, from Manila to Busanga on 2nd January 2014 (afternoon) was cancelled. My fourth flight, from Busuanga to Manila on 6th January 2014 (afternoon) was cancelled as the third one. Canceling the above mentioned flights meant one extra night in Manila and one extra night in Coron Town (both paid by Philippine Airlines, including return transfers, and very small meals, both for Dinner and Breakfast). Based on what I experienced directly, i.e. my same (afternoon) flight from MNL to Busuanga was canceled also on 1st January 2014, on 6th January both flights from Busuanga to Manila were canceled, it seems that at least during the first week of 2014 the route Manila/Busuanga-Manila was operated by Philippine Airlines/PAL express on a Best Effort way, so beware! Based on my personal experience, if you plan to fly to Busuanga then Cebu Pacific looks like a much more reliable option.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by D Mosley (Australia)

Melbourne to Manila. Aircraft was an old A330 (scheduled to be an old A340 - normally a 777 though). Lounge in MEL is the Air NZ Koru Club lounge - one of the better lounges in Melbourne. Initially delayed for 2 hours due to late arrival of inbound a/c, then further delayed by 1/2 hr due to technical problem. Bussed out to plane. Inflight seats are old. Do not recline much - no lie flat beds here. Luckily its a day flight. Service was quite good. Meal was average. Luggage arrived as expected. 4/10 overall.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by C J Toledo (Australia)

Business Class from Manila to Tokyo and the only issue I had was their inflight meal portion size. There were two options of either Chicken or Fish, I decided to have the fish and the portion size was ridiculous for a business class meal. I am no way a big eater but for a business class flight this should be looked at. The 2 pieces of fish were smaller than a matchbox with only 2 string beans and 2 roast potato balls. I have flown with Singapore Airlines and their business class meal portion size is worthwhile. The solution was - I had mentioned this to the inflight crew and they had offered me another meal, which was nice of them to do so and they said they would report this to the catering department. Bottom Line: The overall service for PHP Airlines business class is good and staff are friendly. I enjoyed the experience and would fly with them again but I strongly suggest that the portion size for the business class meals are looked at and adjusted to a suitable size that's worth the fare paid. The overall experience was very good and the service was above average.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by E Klein (USA)

I have flown three times for LAX-MNL-CEB-MNL-LAX. Each time has been a good experience. Food was good, attendants very friendly and service is excellent. Called by my name. Always use PR103 if you are leaving LAX, the other one, I think it's PR113 is an A340 without the lie-flats. The 747-400 has the lie-flats.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by S Chastain (USA)

BKK-Manila-SFO. There is no web check-in. We waited in line for 2 hours in BKK to check in and check bags. We spoke with airline after booking and prepaid for preferred economy seat (bulkhead 31 A and C), when I checked the flight status before leaving for the airport it would not let me check in, but it did show our correct seat assignments. After the 2 hour check in process, the check in woman handed us boarding passes with different seats. Told that we needed to go upstairs to their airline office and find out about the payment status. We had less than 45 minutes to clear immigration and security before boarding, so we ran up. They then informed us that Philippine airlines does not take credit cards over the phone, so we could not have prepaid, we had to run down to a money exchange, to exchange Thai Baht, and then go back to the check in counter. I have never encountered a more disorganized and unfriendly airline. We arrived into Manila, and it only got worse. We were ushered into a dirty holding area after presenting our boarding passes at the transit desk and then us and a small group of people traveling to SFO were walked into our terminal where our next flight would depart in 4 hours. We then realized that we were completely trapped for 4 hours between 6-10.30pm in a terminal with no food other than a disgusting hot dog stand that only accepted Philippine quezos. It was awful, and so dirty. I was told that a request for a vegetarian meal on the flight could only be done in person 4 hours prior to the flight. As soon as I realized the situation, I walked up to make my request. They then told me that could only be done 72 hours before! But, it cannot be done online, because nothing can with this airline. The plane had very narrow seats, and was an old 747. I asked the flight attendant about the meal situation. She said she would check and left me with an empty tray with a roll and cup and never returned with anything or an explanation. The only positive was that the pilot did keep us updated with clear communication in English and allowed us to arrive safely as he navigated through some bad turbulence.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by E Caren (Australia)

MEL-MNL. Check-in was fast as I skipped the main line. Very close to full flight. Departed about 25 minutes late and arrived 20 minutes late, Catering in business class extensive and of good quality, with the salads particularly enjoyable. It was also great to have cheese and biscuits as part of the offering. In flight entertainment is only available in business class and was only passable. Immigration quick; luggage took another 15 minutes to arrive.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Lowie Starr (USA)

I have been flying PAL for the last 26 years. Still the best local carrier there is and for the past year or so, they certainly upped their game with new route and equipment used. I mostly fly with them domestically and never had a problem in check in, so far no delays, and meals satisfactory for short and mid haul flights, probably better the most. T2 is fine. it is well priced, and a value for money compared to other airlines especially on mid haul and long. Plus who can beat the baggage allowance. Hopefully they change their A340 and older A330 quickly or have them retrofitted with new products, and a better hospitality training on some FA's on long haul especially the older one's or replaced them. Other than that will fly them again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2013 by Alex Wilke (Canada)

YVR-MNL, MNL-BKK. Excellent service and seat-back entertainment systems. The food was very good, and was served often throughout the flight. Transfers were handled quickly in the airport and all connecting flights were made without issue. Seats aren't amazing, but are on par with other airlines.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Mariacielo Galam (Australia)

My partner and I traveled from Melbourne, Australia last September, this was my partner's first trip to Manila. He was appalled at the service onboard. Once the meals were being served he asked if he could have a scotch on the rocks, to which the stewardess said very quietly to "have a look " in the kitchen? She came back with a half- empty bottle and her face expression was like "don't tell anyone that we are serving wine, beer, or any kind of alcohol". Food was alright and not too heavy on the stomach.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Erik Galvez (Canada)

I flew from Vancouver to MNL, October 5 at 1.40am. This was my first time flying PALs B777. It was a brand new plane, compared to their past planes which were A340 or A330. Service was excellent with a very smooth landing.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by J Siojo (Singapore)

Flew via their new A321 on a morning flight. The service was excellent which made up for the loss of on-board entertainment. There were not headsets nor movies to watch the entire flight! I hope they solve this as soon as possible.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Chris Bowd (Japan)

If you have a choice avoid Economy class in all new Philippine Airlines planes, whether Airbus A330-300 or Boeing 777-300ER. Philippine Airlines has installed very narrow 3-3-3 seating in Economy on it's A330-300's (originally designed by Airbus for 2-4-2) and 3-4-3 on it's 777-300ERs (originally designed by Boeing for 3-3-3). The result for passengers is a horrible narrow shoulder-to-shoulder seat making a very claustrophobic and degrading experience for anyone of normal adult size. Since its acquisition by Philippines' San Miguel group Philippine Airlines has turned into a petty-minded low-cost cargo plane for people.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Michael Schrier (Philippines)

MNL-SYD-MNL. My wife and I left Manila via terminal 2 on 1st November 2013, check in was great no holdups. The Mabuhay Lounge is quite good, food adequate and freshly replaced frequently. The flight itself on a 777ER was a night flight and uneventful except the leg rest only came up halfway. The service was very good and the food choices also very good. The return flight was on the 16th November. Check in again very easy. The flight itself was a day flight on a A440 the plane itself although a bit old was ok. The seats were larger than economy but still comfortable, but again the footrest would not come up, resulting in swollen feet again. However the service was absolutely first class as was the food so this made it worthwhile. PAL have certainly lifted their game over the last few years and I would rank them as equal to any other Asian Airline. Definitely not a 3 star airline but at least a 4 star airline. We are going to Bangkok in December so I will compare that trip to this.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by K O'Connor (Singapore)

MNL-SIN on new A321. Seat would have been very comfortable if a footrest was provided. As it is your legs just dangle over the edge of the chair with no support. USB power supply provided but no outlet for a laptop. No TVs - not even over head ones, or any other inflight entertainment. Crew helpful and attentive, toilet kept clean. Dinner was excellent, better than I've had on some 5 star airlines. Nice lounge at Manila airport. "B" grade business class but priced accordingly. Will use again if the price is right.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by S Lubis (Indonesia)

CGK-MNL-CGK, flight to MNL departed late due to late arrival from Manila. A319 is used on this route and timing of the flight is a bit inconvenient as you left Jakarta at 1AM and arrived in Manila at 6AM. Aircraft is clean and well maintained, no PTV but overhead screen is available. Returning from Manila in a more convenient morning flight, arriving in Jakarta at 1PM. Inflight service on both flights are good, meal served is adequate with plenty of drink service. Cabin staff friendly and willing to help. . Only drawback is their entertainment inflight as the flight lasted around 4 hours and it would be better to have PTV in each seat rather than overhead screen.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by A Johnston (Canada)

October 13, YVR to MNL, Business class on a 777-300. Very comfortable seating, great service and reasonably good food (only ate breakfast). These seats are almost flat bed seats, with a minor recline when fully extended. I was able to sleep for 7 hours on my side without slipping to the floor - pretty good.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Darcy Mead (Canada)

Oct 10th, Vancouver to Manila, flight PR 117, A340. Oct 12th, Manila to General Santos, flight PR 454V, A320. Their website needs a makeover as it has too many pages with jumbled information, one needs to search out web check in instead of having it on the front page. It needs to add an APP to make it easier for the busy traveller to use his smart phone to check in, not just to use it as a boarding ticket. The staff also needs to understand web check in, as the three terminals I used (Vancouver, Manila and General Santos) had web check in lines but were not used. In Vancouver I lined up in the web check in line only to be told to go to the long regular line. The A340 long haul aircraft needs to be outfitted with an entertainment system for every seat, like most world class airlines. Their recently acquired 777's have it, which makes the long flights over the pacific more tolerable. Staff are exemplary, always showing the level of service which put North American carriers to shame. Overall I would give them 3 stars out of 5, easily able to go higher with a few touch ups in their online system and aircraft entertainment systems.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Mon Dy (Singapore)

Flew SIN-MNL-SIN. SIN-MNL flight was a 777. New plane, great service, but I think the movies in the inflight entertainment were the same as last May's. The MNL-SIN flight was wan old plane that with an overhead TV screen.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Nolasco (Philippines)

I was rescheduled to an earlier flight which is PR880. I was surprised to experienced their new A321. Flight PR880 was on time departing 7.45pm from Cebu to Manila. The flight attendants are all up beat and friendly. The inflight snacks was a biscuit and peanuts only. The seat in economy was fine for a short trip. The seat reclines a little and the seat slides forward. What I liked is the attentiveness of the cabin crews. After 50 minutes in the air, we landed smoothly and on-time.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by N Siotto (UAE)

MNL-BKK-MNL in business class. The business class lounge at the international PAL terminal has been totally refurbished compared to the one I saw in November 2012. Its modern, clean, comfortable, the food and drinks selection is good. En route to Bangkok by coincidence we have been embarked into an A321 maiden flight. Being a 3.5 hrs trip and a day flight comfort is not as important as for the long haul ones. However the seating was narrow without any leg rest, no power sockets and no inflight entertainment, which is awkward for a brand new plane of latest generation. After we took off we have been given iPads which did the job with a wide selection of movies and inflight electronic entertainment. On the way back I have been boarded into an A340, former Iberia, but the experience in this case was excellent compared to the outbound route. Lie flatbed powered seats, inflight entertainment (although the selection was limited to just one movie) and good service onboard. Must throw a huge commend for the attendants, fantastic, attentive, professional, all of them. Concluding, for mid-short flight the experience its ok. Considering that the airline came out from tough times in the recent past, it is fair to say that they did a good recovery job, but from a passenger point of view there is certainly room for improvement, except for the cabin crew which clearly stand out compared to most other competitors even if big names.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Zabrina Santos (USA)

Our plane was downgraded from a 747 to a A340. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard of when travelling on a long-haul international flight. Why on earth would Philippine Airlines downgrade a plane that is travelling from Manila to SFO knowing that there are hundreds of passengers on this long-haul flight? The supposed reason from the supervisor was that the 747 was under maintenance and there wasn't a back-up plane for them to use. That is ridiculous that Philippine Airlines doesn't have a back-up 747 for a long-haul flight. Because of this, we spent 2 hours waiting at the check-in counter until 3 seats became available for my party (and this was accomplished by compensating passengers willing to give up their seat). Once we were on our flight, the flight attendants did not clean the bathrooms at all. When you have 260+ passengers on a plane using 6 bathrooms, they need to get cleaned regularly. Additionally, this downgraded plane did not provide personal entertainment systems. Having personal entertainment systems should be a requirement for a long haul international flight. The only good thing about this experience was how patient the check-in associate was with us, and the fact that she was able to get 3 seats open for us.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7