Philippine Airlines Customer Reviews and Philippine Airlines Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Leeming (UK)

Why have PAL started using old A340's on long haul flights to London? We flew Manila on September 29 2014 and frankly I was shocked when I got on board and saw no entertainment screens in the seats! Come on! This is long haul on a large scale! 15 hours. OK you gave out tablets to passengers that wanted them but to hold in your hand for hours on end is not good. Please get your act together PAL on this long laborious journey! Bring back the 777! Or we wont use you again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Mary Ann Mandap (UK)

The service is good. Comfortable seats. Friendly cabin crews. Very good airport shuttle bus for connecting flight, no need to get a taxi to transfer from terminal 2 to T3. Basic snacks provided. Good value for money.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Chris Bowd (Japan)

I'm a Mabuhay Elite member and fly around 30,000 miles a year on PAL. Most often I fly Tokyo - Manila and Manila - General Santos City but have also flown on PAL from Manila - London and Manila - Bali. Sometimes I fly Economy and sometimes Business. Yesterday (October 12) I flew Business in PR432 Manila - Tokyo NRT. The plane is an A330-300 with 3-3-3 seating in Economy and Premium Economy, and 2-2-2 seating in Business. The IFE is wireless and video choices are very limited (Ice Age and Avatar). You would not want to be in either Economy or Premium Economy if the flight was full. The seats are very narrow and if you are of average body width you will be pressing shoulders hard with the person sitting next to you. Business Class uses PAL's new herringbone seating which is the worst Business Class seating I have experienced in recent times. The seats are narrow, the herringbone layout means you are angled towards the person next to you and so is he/she angled towards you. You will not want to work on anything confidential because he/she can easily read your notebook screen. The layout would be great for romantic couples who want to be close to each during the flight, but for business-people? The flight attendants do an excellent job and both food and wine are very good, but 2-2-2 seating in a modern A340 is unacceptable compared to the 1-2-1 many airlines use in A330s and A340s. PAL used to fly 777s on the Manila - Tokyo route and that was a very enjoyable experience both in Business and in Economy, which again indicates that PAL's fleet modernization has everything to do with reducing fuel costs but nothing to do with passenger comfort. I am dreading being in a PAL A340 to London next month.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Luis Starr (Saudi Arabia)

Flight was an Etihad codeshare from Dammam to TAC, although PAL operated the MNL to TAC sector, check in was a breeze since I was already checked from Abu Dhabi, still the counter staff were very friendly and accommodating, and very informative since the flight will be on a Bombardier Q400 due to operational restrictions in Tacloban airport, meaning luggage weights were restricted. Staff explained the issue and possible solution, airport utilized was the new T3 terminal and it was well marked. Boarding was a breeze though we were bussed to the aircraft- boarding was organized. The aircraft itself was small, the seats were a 2-2 configuration but very comfortable and had wide legroom, take off was slightly delayed due to congestion but it was smooth. Snacks served were adequate for an hours flight, minimal cockpit info and the attendants were efficient, landing was a but bumpy due to slightly windy weather. Bags were out in less than 10 minutes. All in all a good flight, cant wait to have the airport renovation finished so that the bigger A320 are used.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Schrier Michael (Australia)

Flew from MNL to SFO and return on the 4th and 16th September. Check in a breeze as was the lounge. Totally uneventful flight with happy and very willing to please attendants. Champagne was nice and cold and the wine was quite acceptable. Plane was 777 and the seats almost lay flat but I got 5 hours sleep both ways. Movies were so so but some reasonable old classics. Very good value for money in fact I try to fly PAL whenever I am able. I would recommend PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Alex Page (UK)

Short flight from Manila to Caticlan. Flight was slightly delayed, but gave out snacks as a way of apology. Value for money and would recommend the airline.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by R Howe (Australia)

We flew Singapore-Manila-Vancouver then returned Vancouver-Manila-Bali in Business class. Check in was easy and efficient and lounges good. The service was just excellent - smiling, efficient, made you feel like a valued customer. Flight from Manila to Vancouver was on a 777 and return on an A340. Same lay flat beds, same great service and no discernible difference. My wife and I got a good 6-7 hours very comfortable sleep on each long leg. All in all, great value for money and we will recommend and fly Philippine again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by G Wood (Canada)

Flight 538, DPS-MNL, Sep 20. Flight 116, MNL-YVR, Sep 20. Only one bad children's movie played from a screen in the middle of the plane at the beginning. No more movies for the rest of the 10 hrs. They ran out of the meal I wanted then forgot to give it to me so 30 minutes later I had to ask. They have no alcohol except bad wine and bad beer. For a 12 hour flight it was horrible. Delayed flight of course and a bad terminal in Manila. Not worth the money cause for a little bit more money you can get a normal international flight with actual service and entertainment.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C P Garcia (Canada)

This is our first PAL experience (January 2014). We travel to Manila twice a year, via AC/ANA. Check-in was hassle free. Flight and service were excellent. Staff made us feel comfortable. Food was delicious. Lounge was okay. Seats were very comfortable. Managed to get good sleep, which is important to us in long flights, less jet lag. Will fly PAL again before Christmas! Hoping service and flight quality won't change under LT Group management.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Ken Goekcimen (Switzerland)

I flew from Manila to Hong Kong. I was pleasantly surprised about PAL. The food was very good. Unfortunately, the portion was too little and there was no appetizer salad such example but the dessert was very nice. The drink selection was great. All in all the quality of the food was very good. My seat was spacious enough although I'm tall. The flight attendants were cheerful and friendly and they were always ready for a smile. The toilets were clean and spacious. There was no IFE but for almost 2 hours flight it was not important in my opinion. Newspapers were distributed. The flight departed on time and arrived on time. Especially on this point i was really surprised.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by L Balonan (Hong Kong)

HK-Manila return. Outbound new A330, business seats in reverse herringbone configuration. Fully flat seats, however seats are quite narrow. IFE provided by ipad which is quite inconvenient having to hold or stare down when placed in table top. Tried their premium economy seats, quite surprising it had very good legroom and recline. Could compete with narrow-body plane's business class if only they had IFE. Inbound on an old A340, Tears are all over the seams of the seats, no IFE. Musty smell all over. Redeeming factor is the seat pitch. Really needs to be decommissioned as it is a disgrace to PAL's fleet. Food in both sector fair but not great. Cabin crew provided typical Filipino hospitality and are efficient.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Brian Soar (Philippines)

I flew from Manila to Heathrow on a 777, my return was on an old Airbus A340. To say the airbus was substandard would be an understatement, in an age of carriers using modern up to date planes, this was a great disappointment. London is a prime capital city. To look to increase passengers especially from the west you really have to up your game. There is no personal screen (the replacement was a small iPad to use which meant holding it while viewing it, not easy hour after hour on a long haul flight), my fold down table was broken, the seat was really uncomfortable, the toilets were not kept clean. I have flown China Southern and even this carrier had a better plane. I am not in a position to use business class but still expect a certain amount of service for my ticket money.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by D Remo (Philippines)

MNL-SIN-MNL. Check-in in both airports were fast and efficient. Lounge in MNL is a great improvement from its contemporaries in T1 and T3 in MNL. Seats were standard 20 inch width and 38 inch pitch. Service in the air was great. F/A addressed me by name and were more than happy to provide refills. Flights on time and ahead of schedule. Only complaint would be IFE was a bit limited with few films and TV shows. Overall a great experience with PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Edward Simmons (UK)

I flew with PAL on a new 777, PR721, Business class, the seat was very hard and the food very poor, the lounge at LHR, Malaysia Airlines was also very poor, I have also noted that on my return trip on 21st September 2014, that I will be flying on a 15 year old A340, which I am led to believe is an ex-Iberia plane that PAL have leased. I suppose that when I complain they'll say that the plane was changed for operational reasons. I think that they are going to lose a lot of customers from the UK.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Oscar Medina (Philippines)

PR731, BKK to MNL on Aug 25th. I am a very tall overweight guy. I simply do not fly economy ever. PAL changed the plane to the very cramped A330 with no business class available. Wish they had told me in advance so I could have bought a business ticket with Thai. At the counter they gave me 150 usd credit per ticket which in no way covers the fare difference I had paid. They said even with Premium Economy seats they would give Business service. Not true at all. Seats are a nightmare, food was horrible and I got a cranky face when I asked for a drink refill. They can keep their money because I'm not flying PAL again, which should be tricky living in Manila, but doable.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Karami Semira (Canada)

PR 118, August 20 2014, Manila-Vancouver-Toronto. Everything went well until we reached Vancouver airport. The airplane didn't land smoothly, we found out later on there was something wrong with the aircraft. We were in our seats just waiting for our flight to Toronto while the pilot announced we were going to have a short delay of 2 hours. They served us a meal. An hour after a meal they announced again that we should leave the airplane with all our hand carry luggage. We were kept in a small part of airport. 5 hour delay by that time. Told the delay would be 7 hours by this time. It was around 7pm. We supposed to be in Toronto by 9.30 pm. We went to the baggage claim and waited an hour for our things. Then they made us line up for food vouchers for almost 2 hours. Given 15$ each. 12.30 we were lined up to check our luggage in again. The line was pretty long and it moved so slowly. We got on the plane at 3 am. We got to Toronto but our luggage was late. We got out of airport at almost 12 noon. More than 13 hour delay.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by M Vir (Australia)

Flew from Denpasar to Manila, PR538, 31 March and was pleasantly surprised. Staff service was perky, crisp, and efficient which is not the usual PAL service of ten or even five years ago. The flight was full, and since it was a red eye flight, I did not have full use of the IFE. Price is affordable, and even got my excess baggage charges waived because the handling agent in Ngurah Rai were so slow in checking in passengers that it was almost near boarding time. Above-average if not most improved.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by D Jones (UK)

I am a regular business class traveler on the London - Manila sector, and was happy that Philippine Airlines introduced a direct flight from London to Manila. Travelled on the London - Manila - London sectors several times from early December 2013 and was generally happy with the 777 comfort. However my recent journey from Manila to London was terrible. Evidently Philippine Airlines started using 15 year old A340 planes on the route in early August, that appears to be part of the problem - slower plane, takes 1.5 hours longer than the 777, now only 2 hours faster than quality Middle Eastern carriers, very poor seats, no full pull down separators between adjacent seats, no current affairs or news programs on the in-seat media system - understand the programs are only changed every 2 months, only 3 small toilets for business class, with old scoured and discoloured wash basins. Very basic food compared to alternative carriers. Philippine Airlines are selling upgrades from economy to business at the airport for $500 which is then $500 less than a business ticket purchased online. Advised that only 14 business class seat had been sold, but business was full - presumably passengers took the $500 check in upgrade. Philippine Airlines need to decide whether it wants to be a budget or premium player in the airline business. Needless to mention that I will not travel again with Philippine Airlines on the London - Manila route.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Monjer Floje (UK)

PR721, LHR-MNL, 9 June 2014. Flight was on time and we arrived in Manila ahead of schedule. Return from Manila to London was on time as well. Great food, service etc. I was very satisfied.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by P Saowarat (Thailand)

June 14 2014, flight 731.Everything was fine on the plane except there was no proper inflight entertainment. Only a few TV screens in the middle row of the plane (I was expecting PAL to be better than AA). Anyway, the food was horrible and was very bland. The seat was okay. MNL airport was ugly.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Emma Soriano (Philppines)

I flew from SFO-MNL-SFO only because of the direct flight schedule. I've flown most of the airlines in the Star Alliance, Sky Team and OneWorld and it is with extreme disappointment to say that PAL does not come close to the level of any of the airlines in these groups. PAL fare is significantly higher, being on schedule is an issue (I can't believe that the one time I had to fly PAL, both inbound and outbound flights were delayed! On the inbound flight, the pilot says after passengers are boarded, "we have a mechanical failure, your safety is our concern so we will be delayed on take off for at least an hour". The flight attendants have an attitude - they see you struggling with your luggage and stare at you. I asked an FA for water, she looked annoyed that I asked her for something and to top it off, she never came back with the water. They must be cutting back on food (considering how much more expensive they are compared to other airlines) - by the middle row, there were no choices left - you just have to take what they give you!

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by N Clemente (USA)

Flew from MNL-MPH-MNL-TUG. Uneventful flights except for a 90 minute delay on NAIA (very congested airport and needs to be shut down). What made a difference is how the airline immediately accepted my sister's medical equipment even though it is a bit overweight. This was unlike Emirates (IAD-DXB) where they made us wait until the flight was about to board when they finally accept her medical machine/supplies. And yes I do agree that PAL has good landings.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by C Jeff (Singapore)

Travelled SIN-MNL-SIN. Flight to MNL was rescheduled twice. PR's A321 has not IFE which is quite disappointing. Then I asked the crew for a blanket and said there are no more blankets. Food was ok. Then MNL-SIN is on time. Only complain is that they ran out of wine. But PR's landing are the best. Very smooth.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by A Bradley (Australia)

MNL-SYD. This was a horrendous flight! The plane was older and rattly. Luckily it was a night time flight and most was spent asleep. If this was my first time on Philippine Airlines I would never travel with them again! But luckily this is the first time I've had a bad thing to say about them.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by A Bradley (Australia)

SYD-MNL - This flight was wonderful it was very comfortable, the staff were very courteous and helpful. The plane was a newer one and had all the comforts.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by D Brown-Bouvier (USA)

I booked business class SFO-MNL-BKK only to have them "downgrading" my seat without notifying me. I booked business class and PAL flies me coach and hopes I won't figure it out. I called and they offered very little in the way explanation, other options or compensation. They don't seem to have any concept of customer service. When I asked to speak to a reservation supervisor I was told they don't have one tonight. They simply don't care if they fail.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by C van der Hor (Philippines)

We decided to fork out the money for business class because one of us has a medical problem, so needs leg room. What a waste of money. The seats were angled downwards, so you are continuously sliding down your seat. Very uncomfortable to sleep. Seats are very close together (old airplane), so if you are seated next to a stranger, be prepared to climb over someone or have them climb over you. Food options ran out (and we were seated in the front section), so we could not get the food we wanted. The inflight entertainment was outdated, no new movies! Also one of our screens (we were a family of 4 traveling) was not working. 3 out of our 4 reading lights were not working. The business class lounge of Philippine Airlines is a joke. Not a lot of food options and insufficient quantities. The lounge in San Francisco looks worse than an outdated dentist office and the hot food was placed out on the counter (no cover at all). Of course it was cold within minutes. Anything that ran out was just that: finished. Nothing was replenished. So once people got that, the food ran out even faster. Same for the few cans of juice in the fridge. But the worst part really was the business class cabin. It is like going back in time 20 years. The arm rest of my seat was completely ripped. On the way from Manila to SFO they did not have the business class packs (with the socks etc), so we received the economy class bags. Not a good look at all! On both trips the food ran out, according to the staff they simply do not get enough to stock their kitchens with. For breakfast it was oriental fare only - no Western choices at all. The staff are continuously apologizing and they seem genuinely uncomfortable. The reading lights, for instance, were reported by them countless times. And then nothing happens. If I compare this with other airlines, Philippine Airlines gets a zero out of 10!

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Mon Dy (Singapore)

Flew SIN-MNL-SIN. SIN-MNL was good. The FAs are really nice. Food is superb. MNL-SIN is okay. FAs for the return flight are not as pleasant as the SIN-MNL leg. Food is still superb. Both sectors used new A320 planes which don't have personal screens. There's an overhead screen though. The seats are a bit cramped. I feel like I'm flying on an LCC.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Chris Newman (UK)

Great service non stop LHR to Manila and back. Flights on time staff pleasant and efficient. Will only use this airline for future trips to Philippines!

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Tirol Leahy Sebastian (Singapore)

I was going to Boracay in April and came back to Hong Kong with 1 stop over at Manila. We flew a 747-400 jumbo jet, for an old plane the cabin looked clean and new. There was AVOD/IFE capability personal TV screens, it worked well and cabin staff were warm and friendly and the food was good. There was one slight problem though, it was delayed for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I would definitely fly them again, the flight was quite full. The 747 is absolutely the queen of the skies.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Luther (Canada)

Very good experience over all. Being married to a Filipino, we find travel by PAL the most convenient. On trips from Toronto to Manila and back there is a short stop in Vancouver and back on the same plane. Flight attendants, stewardesses, and all others were friendly and helpful. On arrival to Vancouver my wife and I were moved to business class for the remainder of the trip to Manila free of charge. All in all a really good travel experience. My one complaint if I could think of any would be the food, although that would be very nit picking of me. I'm not a big fan of Filipino foods, though the ones they served I'm sure were prepared well. My wife enjoyed what they served as well as I'm sure 99% of the other people on board. My opinion on food should not be important here perhaps, because most who fly this airline will love the food. We will continue to fly PAL when ever possible and build up our air miles. So far it has been a really good experience for us, and everything has been as advertised or better.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by L Bart (Australia)

In April this year by boyfriend and I flew Philippine Airlines and without a doubt the worst most disorganised airline I've ever traveled with. First, the flights were rescheduled to nearly 4 hours earlier than originally planned and we were not notified, no email, no call nothing. I only found out because I checked the airport flight times to see what gate we would have to board from. My boyfriend and I were both travelling on connecting flights which meant we would not make our new flight times. We had to rearrange our connecting flights and fork out a lot of money to change these. Secondly, online states that everyone will have ipads to watch TV/movies on. No this was not the case either. There were 3 TV's in our section of they plane and I'm not talking out 3 TV's per row, I'm talking about 3 TV's for the entire section. Also these TV's were not made in the 2000's they were at least 20+ years old. I felt like I was watching a video rather than a DVD or anything of quality. All in all, worst experience I've had with an airline.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by B Hare (Hong Kong)

Return trip (4 sectors) with transit in Manila experienced delays of between 15 minutes to 2 hours. When final connection could not be made, staff rebooked the next delay resulting in 11 hour overnight transit in Manila. When I requested where I would be accommodated they advised I would have to wait in terminal! After an hour of arguing and being told that no managers are available, they acknowledged they would accommodate me in Manila overnight with transport and meals. Accommodation was appalling. I am sorry PAL, passengers are customers, maybe you could notify your staff about this.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Bryce Diaz (Philippines)

PR430 from MNL-NRT was operated by an A321-200 registered as RP-C9906. There were no delays and luggage came out just after immigration at Narita. The plane was hot, the leather seats are too warm and not comfortable. There was no IFE nor PTV's, even iPad's were not available. The food was very bad. I will never fly PAL's A321 again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A Scott (UK)

I am a regular business cabin flier, usually clocking up between 4 and 5 long haul flights a month. I flew Philippine airlines Jakarta to Manila and Manila to London on July 5 2014. The latter leg is a 14.5 hour flight. Having read some of the reviews on this site, I was an exceptionally reluctant flier and in fact protested, belatedly, at the choice of airline. I will be apologising to my agent for my complaints. The service on the flight was exceptional, staff were professional, courteous and always helpful in spite of some difficult requests (I chose to anticipate change in time zones by sleeping and eating at all the wrong times). The food was great, wine was good, cabin and toilets spotless. Although the seats don't recline all the way, it is flat bed at a slight angle and perfectly acceptable for sleeping. They have a relatively sparse choice of inflight movies and shows, only somewhat compensated for with loan iPads for the flight with additional choices, so if are a big consumer of inflight entertainment, it may be worth bringing your own, especially given the length of the flight. Both flights were on time, transfer at Manila, faultless, if surprisingly personal (escort for most of it) - this in spite of only a 1hour 10 minute layover. Check-in at Jakarta is through a dedicated business class channel which includes immigration. In all a great experience. I realise two flights don't make a big sample, but I am happy to recommend until I experience differently.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Pathmarueban Naidu (Singapore)

PR501, MNL-SIN, 1 Jul 14. Flight was delayed 2 hours, they were to rebook me on Singapore Airlines flying out of T1 at 16.50, but the check in counter had already closed and they apologized to me. However I had noticed a spark of attitude shown towards me by the Ground Staff at Philippine Airlines. Paid 100SGD to change the flight to an earlier date and time so with the delay I was rather angry and frustrated at them. They had changed the aircraft in use nearly 4 times. Departed at 6 instead of original 3.30pm. Have to say crew and the flight to Singapore was good. PAL needs to work on their ground crew customer service.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Pathmarueban Naidu (Singapore)

Flight PR502, SIN-MNL. Inbound Aircraft had a sight delay, other than that fantastic for the boarding, welcome by the crew and the service received. Inflight meal was fantastic, paid additional 20SGD for the Front Row, extra legroom. This seat offered as forward seating choice economy seat. IFE needs some work though, overhead screens are too old for the current generation and instead all seats should be equipped with IFE'S. Will fly them again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Luis Belicena (USA)

On February 10 I flew from SFO on PR105 which was initially supposed to be a direct flight to Manila. Upon arriving at SFO, we were instructed that we had to make a "tech stop" in Guam. My first concern was not making it on time in Manila to make my connecting flight, but we were notified that the flight was going to arrive in Manila around 5.30am. So then the flight left but encountered a 2hr delay in flying out of SFO. We made our 'tech stop' in Guam but then arrived Manila around 7.30am instead of the previously scheduled time which was 5.30am. As a result, I missed my connecting flight with another airline and had to purchase another ticket to flight out of Manila. My original flight was PR105 SFO to Manila, arriving at 3.30am!

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by R Clarke (Saudi Arabia)

CEB-MNL - normally fly Business class but when booking my ticket 2 months in advance surprised that my agent said no Business class available. But on the 17th when I flew there was indeed business class but this cabin had been taken up by PAL employee trainees by the looks of things so they have no sense of putting the paying passengers/Mabuhay flyers first in this cabin. So to any business class passenger be warned you maybe bumped into Economy.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by A Jose (Philippines)

MNL-LHR-MNL in business class. We flew on PAL's new 777 but the cabin looks old. Both on the way to LHR and back to MNL, the controls to the AVOD did not work. The headphones also had problems. Limited movie selection. The seats do not lie fully flat, there is a slight angle. The food is good, but the portions are small. On the way back, they ran out of choices. On the LHR-MNL leg, it appeared that the FAs were new on the job and appeared nervous, were stumbling a lot and did not know how to properly serve.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by K OConnor (Singapore)

BKK-MNL. Older A330 but immaculately clean inside. Nice lunch including ice cream. IFE on overhead monitors rather than seat back TV screen. Not much full service competition on this route, only other choices being Thai or Kuwait Airways. PAL were the cheapest and I was very happy with them, will definitely use again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Robert Robinson (USA)

My wife and I have flown between the US and Manila-Cebu several times. We always fly Philippine Airlines as the service and non-stop flight from LAX to MAN is unequalled by other airlines. Overall, we have been very happy with the service of PAL, with one exception: The Airport at Manila is intolerable. There is now no Air Conditioning in most of the terminals as those in charge of this airport have let these units go into disrepair. We are seriously considering changing to another airline that fly's directly into Cebu to avoid the Manila Airport. If this does not change this year, we will not be flying Philippine Airlines again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2014 by M Binas (Saudi Arabia)

RUH-MNL in a single all-Y-class configuration. Plane was a new A330 high density configuration meaning seats are cramped. No entertainment for 9.5 hours direct flight. Food was OK though and punctuality is commendable.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by John Mower (Philippines)

Rating Philippine Airlines is like rating two separate airlines. My wife and I flew Bacolod - Manila - Hong Kong return, out May 24, return May 28. In common with all recent flights there were very long delays in and out of Manila on PAL Express, and a complete inability to keep passengers informed. I eventually left the Bacolod departure lounge and spoke to the very charming, apologetic and unimpressive station manager to suggest they at least update the flight departure time with their best estimate, and employ someone who spoke clearly on the communication system. Again, in common with my recent experience, the international flights were punctual. Along with many other passengers we were so cold on the flights we asked for blankets - on both flights they ran out!! The apologetic hostess explained this had been reported many times but "passenger feedback reports were not being acted upon". I am booked to Thailand in June and London in September and am fearing the worst for delays - I will bring my own blanket.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Mejia (Philippines)

MNL-CEB return. A330 both ways, delayed both ways. One hour on the MNL-CEB leg and almost 3 hours on the CEB MNL leg. Seats were cramped, service (which was supposed to set it apart from "budget airlines") consisted of inedible nuts and warm water (or coffee). Since domestic routes were taken over by PAL express, they did away with business class and started treating passengers like cattle. I can't find any justification choosing PR over Cebu Pacific in the domestic route.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2014 by P Tyrrell (Ireland)

Bangkok-Manila-Bangkok in business. As expensive as Thai Airways but that is the only comparison. A poor business product in terms of seat food and service. Not worth the money and ground staff at Manila in my opinion not a good advertisement for this airline.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Hazel Carumba (UK)

5th April 2014, London to Manila, PR721. 7th April 2014, Manila to Puerto, PR2781. 15th April 2014, Puerto to Manila, PR2782. 15th April 2014, Manila to Davao, PR2817. 20th April 2014, Davao to Manila, PR2820. 21st April 2014, Manila to London, PR720. Four of us flew to the Philippines and out of our 6 flights (2 international and 4 domestic) all were delayed. All our itineraries were affected because of it. Also, the PAL domestic flight has 2 terminals which is so inconvenient for the passengers who have local connecting flight from one island to another.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Gerald Juatco (USA)

MNL to LAX flight. They have 2 flights to LAX daily now but they have stopped using 747's, instead they are using the old AirBus. Old means smelly rest room, no personal entertainment, and very limited complimentary services. Old leased plane, limited to non-existent entertainment system, poorly maintained rest rooms and complimentary service that are limited. They are not that cheap, there are other airlines that offers the same price and they have newer planes, better service and good food. Here's the catch, if you want to go on a long haul flight, Do you want to ride a 15 yr. old leased Airbus? The only good side is the non-stop flight to LAX and that's it.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Leonnicol Maeda (Philippines)

Took this flight from SFO-MNL non-stop. I chose this Airline because it was a non-stop flight and I didn't have to worry about transferring my luggage during a connecting flight. Flight attendants didn't smile a lot. It seemed that they looked very tired of what they're doing. Meals were fair but nothing special. The seats were okay but not very comfortable for a 14-hour flight. IFE was very poor. My headphone jack was broken and I could barely hear the movie I was watching. It turned out that the jack in my seat was the problem. Also, not all the lavatories were in a working condition. 2 in the middle were out of order, 1 lavatory at the back produced a strong odor of cigarette smell. Not all the amenities were complete.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Andre Krummacher (Thailand)

BKK-MNL-TCL-MNL-BKK in December, January and April. While the international flights were largely on time (usually delays of about 30 mins), PR does have a horrible on time record on domestic routes. The TCL-MNL flight in December and April was delayed by 3 hours, I was lucky to made the BKK connection (rushed in minibus over the tarmac from T3 to T2). On all three trips the MNL-TCL flights were delayed by 1 hour. The excuse is always "late arrival of aircraft" which they claim is beyond their control! Food on the international flights is inedible, I rate it the worst airline food I have come across. On my last MNL-BKK flight it was freezing cold - passengers complaining. However, they only had 20 blankets for 100+ passengers. I guess I need to look for alternatives.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by L Ball (Laos)

Never again! We flew Bangkok to Manila. Manila to Cebu, and are flying tomorrow Manila to Bangkok. All 3 flights have had the times changed and quite considerably. This is not normally an issue but we have connecting flights. The worst being our flight tomorrow from Manila to Bangkok. It was originally at 14.15, arriving at 16.45, perfect for our connecting flight at 20.45 so we have time to clear immigration and re-check in. Then it was changed to 15.40, arriving in Bangkok at 18.10, which is just about OK for our 20.45 flight bearing in mind we must clear immigration as it's a different unlinked airline booking. Then, today, the day before, I go online to check in (a good job I have) and our flight has been changed to 17.50, arriving in Bangkok at 20.20, which is impossible for our connecting flight. The best PAL have offered is a 'free' change to the 09.35 flight, arriving in Bangkok at 12.05. We now lose half a day in Manila, and we had planned to do our souvenir shopping then, and we now have 8.5 hours at BKK airport. Yes, we could go into BKK but we've visited BKK many, many times before (we only live in Laos, an hour away). I am not impressed. How can an airline change all 3 flights we've booked?

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by C Estrella (USA)

I came back from Manila on March 31 2014, on flight to LAX. As I boarded in NAIA on March 31 2014, the first attendant did not make any courteous comments whatsoever. Her response was rude but I tolerated it because I chose to fly cheap. PAL's Business Class is around $4.000 cheaper than Cathay Pacific and PAL flies direct. Service was not bad and all facilities were working. On our previous LAX-MNL flight, the reading light above me wouldn't switch off and like other reviewers have said, nothing was done about it. On this leg, we paid the $50 for extra leg room in economy and ended up behind the main door with the big hump thereby preventing me from extending my leg forward. We can fly CP or JAL or SA and pay a lot more plus spend more time in the air and on layovers or we can just pay PAL their cheap fares and hope that the next PAL plane we board is newer.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Aeron Aquino (UK)

LHR-MNL-LHR. I had to fly to MNL for an emergency. I couldn't get any flight on the usual airlines I fly with, specifically Star Alliance member airlines, or Emirates. A PAL flight suited my schedule so I booked a flight with them. I was not sure of PAL when I did the booking as it is fairly new to the London market, though it is the only airline that offers a direct flight to between LHR and MNL. The day of the flight came. I did a web check in with no frills. When I got to the airport (LHR T4), the longest queue of passengers waiting to check in got my attention: all PAL passengers on the same flight I was about to be in. Luckily I checked in online so I did not have to wait for hours. PAL does not have its own ground staff, hence was outsourced with DNATA which Emirates owns. When I got onboard, very friendly FAs assisted me and changed my mood. Service really is great, may be the same as Singapore Airlines' service. Food is average, had 3 services all throughout the flight. Inflight entertainment is good though as not extensive as Emirates' ICE. No complimentary toiletries in flight unlike Asiana. Seats are wider and comfortable unlike seats on Singapore Air's A380s. On my way back to London, I am impressed with the service at Centennial Terminal that PAL exclusively uses compared to Terminal 1 which is stressful. The flight was the longest flight i have ever been into - 15 hours. The service was great. In total, PAL LHR flight is good value for money and will fly again with them. Hopefully PAL will have its own ground staff at LHR as DNATA staff do not care and gives bad impression on PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Gloria Pineda (USA)

3/8/14 we were denied to board our flight from Basco to Manila due to the strong winds. 10 passengers were bumped off including us. Reason given was they needed to reduce the weight of the plane. No assistance were given to find accommodation or a flight out. Told to go to the PAL office in the town and speak to a PAL agent there. The agent offered us a ticket on a flight 2 days later even though they had a flight next day. We were forced to buy tickets from another airline to be able to fly out next day.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by R W Langhorne (UK)

We fly PAL regularly from San Francisco, London, and Tokyo to Bacolod. In January after a meeting in Manila we were to take the 12.30pm flight to Bacolod - which PAL was charging a premium for. Six hours later we arrived in Bacolod at 7.45pm. No offers of a meal, premium ticket refund, or any customer assistance. We are trying to find alternative airlines to fly. It should be noted however, that inflight service has always been good.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Michael Daugherty (USA)

I fly LAX-HKG twice a year and am still wondering why my company got tickets with PAL. Starts off 12hr delay at LAX. Every 2 hours they would bump it two more. I live about 30 minutes from the airport and would have gone home if I had known it was going to be 12hrs. Then to add salt to the wound when I landed in HKG and they had lost my luggage. At least they got my luggage to me in Shenzhen about 40 hours later so I feel fortunate. Food and crew were very nice and no complaints there.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by Sharrett James (Philippines)

Flew from Singapore to Manila. Last group to get on, locker space over my seat was full with other passengers excess baggage, they had to find a space half way down the plane! Airline should only let 1 carry on, the rest should be checked in. Staff didn't care. Flying out to CDO, plane was 1.5 hours late taking off, same problem again, my locker space crammed with other passengers baggage, had to put my bag under my seat.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Sebastian Tirol Leahy (Hong Kong)

I went on it last summer 2013 with my family from Hong Kong to Manila on an A320. Cabin was clean, cabin crew were friendly, comfortable seat but poor entertainment system. The food was good and no delays were required. I recommend this for tourists to the Philippines for holidays. It's much better than Cebu Pacific.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Todosychuk Ken (Canada)

Here we sit in Manila airport waiting for our 2.35 in the afternoon flight to Puerto Princessa. It is now 5.45 pm. No compensation offered, no excuses offered, they do not care, they are extremely disorganized, we will never use this airline again. The staff working at the customer service desks had no idea what was going on, as well as being too busy on their phones to even look up and address us.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Martin (Philippines)

MNL - Puerto Princesa - MNL flight using a PAL Express A320. Crew was courteous. Pilots and crew spoke fluent English. Complimentary snacks. No flight entertainment as this was a domestic flight. Both flights to and from were on time.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by J Casaol (Australia)

Paid for 20 domestic flights for a big family travelling within the Philippines and had at least 2 flights delayed by at least 2 hours (9 tickets affected) without any offer of stay i.e lounge access. Requested Lounge access as my flight delay would mean 7 hours out of hotel accommodation and 4 hours in airport but was told Lounge is for first and business class. No manager on customer service would talk to me as were too busy. Embarrassing as they are the national carrier.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Scarlett (Australia)

Travelled Sydney-Manila return in business class. I was pleasantly surprised - the flight was very comfortable with excellent service, comfortable lie-flat seats, and was pretty much on time. The only real issue was the poor entertainment system, best bring a good book.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by S Bagsit (USA)

I flew to Manila, Philippines with PAL last July 2013 and it was the worst airline experience I have had. The crew were not willing to help passengers. Inflight service was slow and did not even offer drinking water during the flight. I asked for one and the flight attendant said "in a while" and never came back. I will not fly this airline again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Roland (Austria)

MNL-HKG. Chaotic and long waits at Terminal 2. Very friendly check-in. Paying the terminal fee (not knowing why) is not possible to pay with credit card like in Terminal 1 and 3. Flight was delayed for nearly 2 hours. Staff onboard were very friendly, few films only (compared to EK or TK), but very delicious food. Seats were ok! In HKG the luggage took a very long time to arrive. I will fly again with PR.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Jacek Zielinski (Thailand)

PR731, BKK-MNL, Feb 27th. Online booking smooth, as was online check-in. At BKK priority Immigration and lounge pass given, direct down to THAI Business Lounge D. Far better lounge than the SATS that PAL uses at Changi. Onboard seated, beverage requests taken, asked for Champagne. 5 min later told they have ran out of Champagne. I ask how is this possible when we are still firmly at the gate. Purser explains PAL is not allowed to restock anywhere other than at home base in Manila. Since Feb 1st they are allowed to load only 2 bottles for Business class for 2 sectors. This A340 had 24 Business class seats, 13pax. Outbound had 19 pax and all Champagne was consumed. Purser visibly frustrated by this policy but powerless. Same policy applies even to long-haul flights. Equally Economy is now limited to 120 cans of beer. Running out of Premium Class service items even before departure is ridiculous. This is regrettable because food was good and portions adequate and PAL Cabins Staff in Business is very friendly, courteous and attentive. Seating was also comfortable as this was their long-haul A340 (Crew rest area in front Galley). Departure was delayed by about 20min, arrival almost on time. Will fly again 2 weeks from now but if the same repeats itself, I'm done with PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by John Contreras (Philippines)

MNL-BKK-MNL. Flew last summer on an A340. interior are old, entertainment is poor (drop down tv monitor only) boarding is delayed by 15 min only (no problem) take off is again delayed by 10 min (not fault of the airline). Flight crew robotic (not consistent with their domestic crew). Return flight is same crew are robotic and not warm but they are professional. PR lags behind other Asian competitor. Will fly them again maybe after rehabilitation is finished.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2014 by C Reuben (New Zealand)

Brisbane-Darwin-Manila return Mabuhay (Business Class) on Airbus A320. This is a very poor business class product. Seat was an old style recliner seat with a pitch comparable to economy class of other carriers. Seat reclines for about 2 inches and does not have any leg rest making it the most uncomfortable during a 7.5-hour journey. Entertainment is very poor, no noise cancellation headphones and no amenity kits were given despite being advertised in the website. Service was attentive but food was very standard. Overall it was a very disappointing experience flying the Mabuhay Class product on this route. Unless they will upgrade their equipment, the product is not worth the price.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  5 March 2014 by S Sab (Thailand)

I flew Bangkok to Manila once a month for business for almost one year, unfortunately I don't recall having one single flight on time. The average delay on this route is about 1-2 hours. Whether morning flight or late flight you face the same issue, missing your connection, no compensation nor accommodation arrangements. I am a gold frequent flyer on Air France, China Eastern and Thai Airways, from now on I am going to stay away from this airline.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Mueller Martin (Germany)

Flight from Cagayan de Oro to Manila, plane was clean, staff always friendly to the passenger. PAL is really a much better airline than the years before. Snacks, coffee and water were offered. All in all a nice flight again with PAL.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Gallucci Charles (Canada)

YQT-YYZ-MNL-YYZ-YQT in May-June 2013. I had flown through HKG and NRT to get to the Philippines in previous trips. So much easier to make one connection in YYZ rather than having to make 2 connections. Staff were good, plane was very good. I paid the $20 for premium economy. Was a newer Boeing 777-300ER with a fair bit of room. (Pro tip: Sit on one of the sides not the middle section.) The warm cloths towards the end of the trip are a nice touch as I usually only get those when I fly in Business Class. Only complaint was not enforcing carry-on restrictions which can get out of hand. Ample baggage allowances. Terminal 2 is better than Terminal 1 but not as good as Terminal 3 IMHO, but it's good enough and certainly not the fault of the airline. Immigration and Baggage was probably about an hour but again not the fault of the airline. Flight is overnight which means you arrive early the next day and can start your business or whatever immediately. I have another trip booked on the same route this May 2014, so yes I will be flying again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J Jones (Canada)

YVR-Manila, Dec 2013 return in Business class. As always the service was exemplary and we were made to feel welcome by the 2 crew members assigned to us. This was our third time in Business Class with PAL. The food was faultless. I do not know why people complain about their lie flat beds, they are comfortable. The new business class lounge in Manila is a huge improvement and is very welcoming airside. The cabin on the 777 was spotless though there was an issue with my pillow not being clean as we boarded in Vancouver but this was changed. The purser approached me to apologise.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by S Osmundo (USA)

I flew business class round trip from LAX to MNL in January/February 2014. The 747 and A340 were older models. The service was excellent and made up for the older generation aircraft. The pilots were also very good, with smooth landings. There was moderate turbulence on the way back to LA, but the pilots handled it very well.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by S Simon (Australia)

I have been flying MEL-MNL-MEL and SYD-MNL-SYD for the last 6 months. Initially PAL we're using 777 for both of these routes. Planes were brand new with lie flat beds in business. Since about September PAL have been using older 330/340 planes. Business seats are old and just a little better than economy. Business upgrades have been a waste of money on these. Service though has remained top class throughout the period.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by G Greenwood (Australia)

Hong Kong to Manila, PR 301, 27 Jan 2014. A320 cabin was very confined and there was a long queue for toilets - was nowhere near as pleasant as previous flights taken in their A330. I will make a conscious effort to book PAL flights on their larger aircraft in future.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Haveri (USA)

My husband and I traveled recently from LAX to Manila and back. We are vegans and had called Philippine Airlines twice to confirm our meal requests. On the trip from LAX to Manila we were served excellent vegan meals and the cabin staff were excellent. We had a problem on the return trip. We arrived to Manila airport 3 hours before our flight after traveling 2 hours from our resort. The business class lounge had no vegan or vegetarian food. We walked all the airport food concessions. Not one had any vegetarian food. Then we boarded our flight. The business class stewardess asked us for meal choices and when we said we had requested vegan meals she looked surprised. The Catering manager and his assistant came on board to speak to us to tell us to take the next day flight and the airline would have a meal for us. The only thing I can say is the business class stewardess was excellent. She did her best to find nuts, fruits and remove meat and cheese from salads.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by G Lebo (USA)

YYZ-MNL-BKK on Jan 10 2014. 777 plane fairly new and very clean. Stop in YVR for more passengers and crew change. Then 13.5 hours to Manila. I thought overall the food selection was very good. Nicely presented and well garnished. Seats were comfortable with almost full flat. Was able to sleep and I am a fairly large man. Although the on demand entertainment system worked well, I found the selection a little small and the movies somewhat aged The 3.5 hour flight from MNL-BKK was on an A340 that was showing some age. After take off, we found the entertainment system did not work. Seems it was ok in economy, but Business was not. The FA returned shortly with a stack of I Pads and gave them out. They had music, games and movies. Really nice touch. The lounges in both YYZ and MNL were nice with food and WIFI.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Castagno Mauro (Italy)

I booked 2 domestic return flights, Manila-Caticlan/Boracay-Manila and Manila-Busuanga/Coron-Manila. The first one, that was also their first flight to Caticlan in the early morning was incredibly delayed whereas their bigger competitor was continuing to announce boarding and boarding to Caticlan/Boracay and to various other domestic destinations. My second flight (from Caticlan to Manila on 2nd January 2014, morning) was also delayed, but not too big a delay. My third flight, from Manila to Busanga on 2nd January 2014 (afternoon) was cancelled. My fourth flight, from Busuanga to Manila on 6th January 2014 (afternoon) was cancelled as the third one. Canceling the above mentioned flights meant one extra night in Manila and one extra night in Coron Town (both paid by Philippine Airlines, including return transfers, and very small meals, both for Dinner and Breakfast). Based on what I experienced directly, i.e. my same (afternoon) flight from MNL to Busuanga was canceled also on 1st January 2014, on 6th January both flights from Busuanga to Manila were canceled, it seems that at least during the first week of 2014 the route Manila/Busuanga-Manila was operated by Philippine Airlines/PAL express on a Best Effort way, so beware! Based on my personal experience, if you plan to fly to Busuanga then Cebu Pacific looks like a much more reliable option.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by D Mosley (Australia)

Melbourne to Manila. Aircraft was an old A330 (scheduled to be an old A340 - normally a 777 though). Lounge in MEL is the Air NZ Koru Club lounge - one of the better lounges in Melbourne. Initially delayed for 2 hours due to late arrival of inbound a/c, then further delayed by 1/2 hr due to technical problem. Bussed out to plane. Inflight seats are old. Do not recline much - no lie flat beds here. Luckily its a day flight. Service was quite good. Meal was average. Luggage arrived as expected. 4/10 overall.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by C J Toledo (Australia)

Business Class from Manila to Tokyo and the only issue I had was their inflight meal portion size. There were two options of either Chicken or Fish, I decided to have the fish and the portion size was ridiculous for a business class meal. I am no way a big eater but for a business class flight this should be looked at. The 2 pieces of fish were smaller than a matchbox with only 2 string beans and 2 roast potato balls. I have flown with Singapore Airlines and their business class meal portion size is worthwhile. The solution was - I had mentioned this to the inflight crew and they had offered me another meal, which was nice of them to do so and they said they would report this to the catering department. Bottom Line: The overall service for PHP Airlines business class is good and staff are friendly. I enjoyed the experience and would fly with them again but I strongly suggest that the portion size for the business class meals are looked at and adjusted to a suitable size that's worth the fare paid. The overall experience was very good and the service was above average.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by E Klein (USA)

I have flown three times for LAX-MNL-CEB-MNL-LAX. Each time has been a good experience. Food was good, attendants very friendly and service is excellent. Called by my name. Always use PR103 if you are leaving LAX, the other one, I think it's PR113 is an A340 without the lie-flats. The 747-400 has the lie-flats.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by S Chastain (USA)

BKK-Manila-SFO. There is no web check-in. We waited in line for 2 hours in BKK to check in and check bags. We spoke with airline after booking and prepaid for preferred economy seat (bulkhead 31 A and C), when I checked the flight status before leaving for the airport it would not let me check in, but it did show our correct seat assignments. After the 2 hour check in process, the check in woman handed us boarding passes with different seats. Told that we needed to go upstairs to their airline office and find out about the payment status. We had less than 45 minutes to clear immigration and security before boarding, so we ran up. They then informed us that Philippine airlines does not take credit cards over the phone, so we could not have prepaid, we had to run down to a money exchange, to exchange Thai Baht, and then go back to the check in counter. I have never encountered a more disorganized and unfriendly airline. We arrived into Manila, and it only got worse. We were ushered into a dirty holding area after presenting our boarding passes at the transit desk and then us and a small group of people traveling to SFO were walked into our terminal where our next flight would depart in 4 hours. We then realized that we were completely trapped for 4 hours between 6-10.30pm in a terminal with no food other than a disgusting hot dog stand that only accepted Philippine quezos. It was awful, and so dirty. I was told that a request for a vegetarian meal on the flight could only be done in person 4 hours prior to the flight. As soon as I realized the situation, I walked up to make my request. They then told me that could only be done 72 hours before! But, it cannot be done online, because nothing can with this airline. The plane had very narrow seats, and was an old 747. I asked the flight attendant about the meal situation. She said she would check and left me with an empty tray with a roll and cup and never returned with anything or an explanation. The only positive was that the pilot did keep us updated with clear communication in English and allowed us to arrive safely as he navigated through some bad turbulence.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by E Caren (Australia)

MEL-MNL. Check-in was fast as I skipped the main line. Very close to full flight. Departed about 25 minutes late and arrived 20 minutes late, Catering in business class extensive and of good quality, with the salads particularly enjoyable. It was also great to have cheese and biscuits as part of the offering. In flight entertainment is only available in business class and was only passable. Immigration quick; luggage took another 15 minutes to arrive.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Lowie Starr (USA)

I have been flying PAL for the last 26 years. Still the best local carrier there is and for the past year or so, they certainly upped their game with new route and equipment used. I mostly fly with them domestically and never had a problem in check in, so far no delays, and meals satisfactory for short and mid haul flights, probably better the most. T2 is fine. it is well priced, and a value for money compared to other airlines especially on mid haul and long. Plus who can beat the baggage allowance. Hopefully they change their A340 and older A330 quickly or have them retrofitted with new products, and a better hospitality training on some FA's on long haul especially the older one's or replaced them. Other than that will fly them again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2013 by Alex Wilke (Canada)

YVR-MNL, MNL-BKK. Excellent service and seat-back entertainment systems. The food was very good, and was served often throughout the flight. Transfers were handled quickly in the airport and all connecting flights were made without issue. Seats aren't amazing, but are on par with other airlines.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Mariacielo Galam (Australia)

My partner and I traveled from Melbourne, Australia last September, this was my partner's first trip to Manila. He was appalled at the service onboard. Once the meals were being served he asked if he could have a scotch on the rocks, to which the stewardess said very quietly to "have a look " in the kitchen? She came back with a half- empty bottle and her face expression was like "don't tell anyone that we are serving wine, beer, or any kind of alcohol". Food was alright and not too heavy on the stomach.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Erik Galvez (Canada)

I flew from Vancouver to MNL, October 5 at 1.40am. This was my first time flying PALs B777. It was a brand new plane, compared to their past planes which were A340 or A330. Service was excellent with a very smooth landing.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by J Siojo (Singapore)

Flew via their new A321 on a morning flight. The service was excellent which made up for the loss of on-board entertainment. There were not headsets nor movies to watch the entire flight! I hope they solve this as soon as possible.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Chris Bowd (Japan)

If you have a choice avoid Economy class in all new Philippine Airlines planes, whether Airbus A330-300 or Boeing 777-300ER. Philippine Airlines has installed very narrow 3-3-3 seating in Economy on it's A330-300's (originally designed by Airbus for 2-4-2) and 3-4-3 on it's 777-300ERs (originally designed by Boeing for 3-3-3). The result for passengers is a horrible narrow shoulder-to-shoulder seat making a very claustrophobic and degrading experience for anyone of normal adult size. Since its acquisition by Philippines' San Miguel group Philippine Airlines has turned into a petty-minded low-cost cargo plane for people.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Michael Schrier (Philippines)

MNL-SYD-MNL. My wife and I left Manila via terminal 2 on 1st November 2013, check in was great no holdups. The Mabuhay Lounge is quite good, food adequate and freshly replaced frequently. The flight itself on a 777ER was a night flight and uneventful except the leg rest only came up halfway. The service was very good and the food choices also very good. The return flight was on the 16th November. Check in again very easy. The flight itself was a day flight on a A440 the plane itself although a bit old was ok. The seats were larger than economy but still comfortable, but again the footrest would not come up, resulting in swollen feet again. However the service was absolutely first class as was the food so this made it worthwhile. PAL have certainly lifted their game over the last few years and I would rank them as equal to any other Asian Airline. Definitely not a 3 star airline but at least a 4 star airline. We are going to Bangkok in December so I will compare that trip to this.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by K O'Connor (Singapore)

MNL-SIN on new A321. Seat would have been very comfortable if a footrest was provided. As it is your legs just dangle over the edge of the chair with no support. USB power supply provided but no outlet for a laptop. No TVs - not even over head ones, or any other inflight entertainment. Crew helpful and attentive, toilet kept clean. Dinner was excellent, better than I've had on some 5 star airlines. Nice lounge at Manila airport. "B" grade business class but priced accordingly. Will use again if the price is right.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by S Lubis (Indonesia)

CGK-MNL-CGK, flight to MNL departed late due to late arrival from Manila. A319 is used on this route and timing of the flight is a bit inconvenient as you left Jakarta at 1AM and arrived in Manila at 6AM. Aircraft is clean and well maintained, no PTV but overhead screen is available. Returning from Manila in a more convenient morning flight, arriving in Jakarta at 1PM. Inflight service on both flights are good, meal served is adequate with plenty of drink service. Cabin staff friendly and willing to help. . Only drawback is their entertainment inflight as the flight lasted around 4 hours and it would be better to have PTV in each seat rather than overhead screen.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by A Johnston (Canada)

October 13, YVR to MNL, Business class on a 777-300. Very comfortable seating, great service and reasonably good food (only ate breakfast). These seats are almost flat bed seats, with a minor recline when fully extended. I was able to sleep for 7 hours on my side without slipping to the floor - pretty good.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Darcy Mead (Canada)

Oct 10th, Vancouver to Manila, flight PR 117, A340. Oct 12th, Manila to General Santos, flight PR 454V, A320. Their website needs a makeover as it has too many pages with jumbled information, one needs to search out web check in instead of having it on the front page. It needs to add an APP to make it easier for the busy traveller to use his smart phone to check in, not just to use it as a boarding ticket. The staff also needs to understand web check in, as the three terminals I used (Vancouver, Manila and General Santos) had web check in lines but were not used. In Vancouver I lined up in the web check in line only to be told to go to the long regular line. The A340 long haul aircraft needs to be outfitted with an entertainment system for every seat, like most world class airlines. Their recently acquired 777's have it, which makes the long flights over the pacific more tolerable. Staff are exemplary, always showing the level of service which put North American carriers to shame. Overall I would give them 3 stars out of 5, easily able to go higher with a few touch ups in their online system and aircraft entertainment systems.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Mon Dy (Singapore)

Flew SIN-MNL-SIN. SIN-MNL flight was a 777. New plane, great service, but I think the movies in the inflight entertainment were the same as last May's. The MNL-SIN flight was wan old plane that with an overhead TV screen.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Nolasco (Philippines)

I was rescheduled to an earlier flight which is PR880. I was surprised to experienced their new A321. Flight PR880 was on time departing 7.45pm from Cebu to Manila. The flight attendants are all up beat and friendly. The inflight snacks was a biscuit and peanuts only. The seat in economy was fine for a short trip. The seat reclines a little and the seat slides forward. What I liked is the attentiveness of the cabin crews. After 50 minutes in the air, we landed smoothly and on-time.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by N Siotto (UAE)

MNL-BKK-MNL in business class. The business class lounge at the international PAL terminal has been totally refurbished compared to the one I saw in November 2012. Its modern, clean, comfortable, the food and drinks selection is good. En route to Bangkok by coincidence we have been embarked into an A321 maiden flight. Being a 3.5 hrs trip and a day flight comfort is not as important as for the long haul ones. However the seating was narrow without any leg rest, no power sockets and no inflight entertainment, which is awkward for a brand new plane of latest generation. After we took off we have been given iPads which did the job with a wide selection of movies and inflight electronic entertainment. On the way back I have been boarded into an A340, former Iberia, but the experience in this case was excellent compared to the outbound route. Lie flatbed powered seats, inflight entertainment (although the selection was limited to just one movie) and good service onboard. Must throw a huge commend for the attendants, fantastic, attentive, professional, all of them. Concluding, for mid-short flight the experience its ok. Considering that the airline came out from tough times in the recent past, it is fair to say that they did a good recovery job, but from a passenger point of view there is certainly room for improvement, except for the cabin crew which clearly stand out compared to most other competitors even if big names.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Zabrina Santos (USA)

Our plane was downgraded from a 747 to a A340. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard of when travelling on a long-haul international flight. Why on earth would Philippine Airlines downgrade a plane that is travelling from Manila to SFO knowing that there are hundreds of passengers on this long-haul flight? The supposed reason from the supervisor was that the 747 was under maintenance and there wasn't a back-up plane for them to use. That is ridiculous that Philippine Airlines doesn't have a back-up 747 for a long-haul flight. Because of this, we spent 2 hours waiting at the check-in counter until 3 seats became available for my party (and this was accomplished by compensating passengers willing to give up their seat). Once we were on our flight, the flight attendants did not clean the bathrooms at all. When you have 260+ passengers on a plane using 6 bathrooms, they need to get cleaned regularly. Additionally, this downgraded plane did not provide personal entertainment systems. Having personal entertainment systems should be a requirement for a long haul international flight. The only good thing about this experience was how patient the check-in associate was with us, and the fact that she was able to get 3 seats open for us.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7