Philippine Airlines Customer Reviews and Philippine Airlines Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Philippine Airlines customer review :  14 September 2012 by R Tolentino   (USA)

I flew PAL for the first time on a trip to Manila and Bangkok from Honolulu. The service was good and food was tasty. Flight Attendants were courteous and friendly.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  12 September 2012 by J Boyd   (Canada)

YVR–MNL-YVR (Aug 26, Sep 10). The service was great. The flight attendants were always available to assist passengers and several times they go around to give water and snacks. They serve dinner and breakfast. The food is tasty and comparable with other Asian airlines. The B777-300 aircraft is spotless, the legroom is ample, the seat will recline and it has personal entertainment system with good selections of movies, games, and music. Overall, PAL did a good job, and I will fly with them again.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  4 September 2012 by C Figueroa   (Philippines)

BKK-MNL, business class on the refurbished B747. Flight on time. Meals were tasty. Legroom was ample and seat reclined to around 160 degrees. Asked flight purser to reserve an item for me from their duty-free upon delivery and she gladly delivered it to me right after a few minutes even before take-off. AVOD was also working and offered several options.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  23 July 2012 by S Fitzpatrick   (Australia)

BXU-MNL-HKG-MNL. Basically on time all sectors. As all sectors were 2 hrs or less didn't really miss fancy entertainment system. Cabin crew were good as was the food.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  23 July 2012 by P Chambers   (USA)

Flight 102 from Manila to LAX, July 15, 2012, returning home to LA from lovely trip to Thailand. We flew from Bangkok to Manila, then Manila to LAX. First flight delayed by 5 hours, which prevented us from taking the original second flight. The airline did a good job of trying to reach us about it, ground staff in Bangkok did a good job of getting us onto a later flight and ground staff in Manila airport did a good superb job of expediting us from the first flight to the second, which had been held for us and seven other people who had the same problem. It had been held an entire hour waiting for those last 9 passengers - with all other passengers on board and apparently no AC. Plane felt like a sauna when we boarded. From here it all goes down hill. This was the most uncomfortable plane I have ever been on. Very little legroom, and the seats were unusually narrow, so no elbow room. When the guy in front tilted his chair back, it felt uncomfortable and intrusive. Food was average except for the fluffy cake desserts. Service was adequate, some attendants were nice but others seemed apathetic. We would not choose Philippine Airlines again.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  16 July 2012 by E Carew   (Australia)

The new Boeing 777 on the Australia routes (serving MEL and SYD from MNL) makes a huge difference as it has AVOD. Flights were full in economy in both directions with excellent punctuality coming back, but half an hour late or so on the forward journey. Overall, a good experience.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  5 July 2012 by Eric Brian Roca   (USA)

My flight from Iloilo to Manila and on to Los Angeles was really good. The food was good but the inflight entertainment was pretty bad. However I think they are getting new inflight entertainment so I would recommend PAL.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  2 July 2012 by Ram Drilon   (Philippines)

MNL-YVR-MNL. The service is impeccable. Check-in is a breeze. From ground crew to cabin crew, they were hospitable, and assist you all the time. Long Haul Business Class is just smooth for nearly 12 hours flight and the entertainment is indeed good. Food is good though it needs more presentation.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  25 June 2012 by Bob Nell   (Canada)

Manila to Vancouver April 15, 2012. Crowded flight-terminal hot and waiting area over flowing with passengers-long evasive pre-flight baggage check. Plane an old Airbus 340. Seats adequate. Entertainment system terrible with only three channels one so fuzzy could not watch it. Plane was hot and complained twice to no avail. Passenger to my left had a caregiver to attend to her and she blocked the aisle for 30 % of the flight. Staff were pleasant enough and food adequate. Prices have increased to the point where it is poor value for the money. I asked to be seated in the premium business section as I have been a Mabuhay member since 2005. I was refused and I know the section was almost empty. Will never fly PAL again to Canada.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  14 June 2012 by Phyllis Wong   (Hong Kong)

3 flight delays in one trip! HKG-Manila-Tagbilaran City Bohol. For the first flight, when we arrived the boarding gate, there was no aircraft at HKG for Manila. We waited an hour for departure, and arrived in Manila one hour later than scheduled. We asked the crews and interestingly, they said the connecting flight to Tagbilaran city would wait for us. After we landed, we rushed to transfer desk, and were informed that the connecting flight had already departed. Subsequently, the airline scheduled us for an early flight the next morning. Arranged shuttle to and from hotel. Return flight from Tagbilaran City to Manila, delayed 20mins. When we reached the boarding gate for connecting flight back HKG, we almost missed the flight with only 8 mins to spare. No one helped us through the domestic terminal to the international airport. However, the flight back HKG was delayed again. Overall total: 25% on time rate!

Philippine Airlines customer review :  11 June 2012 by K Robinson   (Canada)

I am waiting for my international flight as we speak and I have never been on such a disorganized airline! After passing several gates and several metal detectors and waiting in several lines I wanted to sit, relax, eat and wander around and shop until my flight. Unfortunately that is not happening because we had to go through an additional line, baggage screening, pat down and talk to more people at their kiosk! We could not have our water that we just bought inside the gate area and now we are stuck in a roped off area at our gate unable to go out and have lunch or a drink of water! I am so frustrated, if only they had checked all of our stuff properly at the gate entrance there would not be this problem of waiting and not being able to leave. This is the first time using Philippine Airlines and I will not be using them again.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  8 June 2012 by L Reyes   (Philippines)

CEB-MNL I was excited to try their Mabuhay Class onboard their brand new B777-300ER. I had a great time with them. Check-in was a breeze and boarding was smooth for business class. Seat was very comfortable and I could fly that seat for 16 hours with no discomfort. The B777 features an AVOD. Food was average though it was a pasta meal they served on business class. Landing was smooth as always. I will definitely fly them again.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  24 May 2012 by J Urtus   (Canada)

Manila to Vancouver. The seat was ok, not too crowded, nice screen on the seat back to watch movies etc. The female stewardesses were rude with no please or thank you. I had no blanket, when I asked the stewardess she told me if it wasn't on my seat it was too bad as there were no more. Aircraft was good , service staff need to be brought up to standards!

Philippine Airlines customer review :  22 May 2012 by Geoff Mayo   (USA)

Good food, could have done with more liquid refreshment, baby bassinet on floor meaning no legroom in bulkhead row, reasonable AVOD IFE, no airshow (map) on entire plane on return journey. Terrible terminal at MNL for arrivals (1hr wait for immigration, 1.5 hr wait for baggage), terrible terminal at MNL for departures (cannot buy liquids airside despite going through 2x security lines, little to eat, few places to sit, aircon broken down). I've flown with Cebu Pacific and PAL before, and used all 3 terminals at MNL, but this is by far the worst experience so far in so many ways.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  18 May 2012 by Bruke Lachowski   (Germany)

MNL to Tag Bohol. Flight on time, flight attendants very professional and service was great. Quite expensive but I will definitely fly them again.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  15 May 2012 by M Binas   (Saudi Arabia)

Travelled PR several times already both on International and Domestic routes and on both J and Y class. Impressed that no flight was delayed. Their new safety video catches one's attention. Food is not the best but not the worst one either. PAL may be a bit expensive compare to other local airlines but you get what you paid for.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  11 May 2012 by Raenard Llano   (Philippines)

Cotabato (RPMC) to Manila (RPLL). I was not impressed nor disappointed. Flight delayed 45 minutes. The service was fine. The cabin crew were very professional, very informative displays, however their inflight snack was a let down. Aircraft was an Airbus A319. Although there was enough leg room, the space is still so limited that you cannot go to the washroom without disturbing other passengers. My return flight to Cotabato was a little bit better. Delayed only 20 minutes, the plane was Airbus A320, the snack was a little better considering they served coffee that day, and the cabin crew professional as always. However, the cabin was too hot.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  10 May 2012 by E Cabilis   (Philippines)

MNL-PEK-MNL on an airbus 320. New, clean with good legroom even in economy. No personal AVOD, only overhead screens but a good movie selection. Both flights on time and inflight catering was good with ice cream served. Flight attendants very professional.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  8 May 2012 by Paul Wells   (Australia)

Hostesses were great, the plane was clean and the food average. The entertainment was below standard, on the flight from Melbourne to Manila I could only see a screen 8 rows in front of me in the next section. They need to lift their game to get more westerners to fly with them. If you want the whole package fly Singapore or New Zealand.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  8 May 2012 by Matt Buck   (Thailand)

BKK-MNL-KLO return, O/N in Manila on outbound trip. First leg non-refurbished 747-400, A319 on flights to and from KLO and A330 return to BKK. All flights were delayed, IFE was on overhead monitors and bulkhead screen. Seat comfort was okay, service was professional. Vegetarian Meal was tasty and drinks, snacks and ice cream were served. Some passengers weren't given their meal preference as it had run out and were given what was left. Overall experience was not bad, but not great either. I flew PAL for the scheduling and destinations and would fly with them again based on price and routing.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  25 April 2012 by D Perez   (Japan)

Cancelled flight from Cebu to Narita and didn't tell the passengers until after 8 hours waiting in the terminal. Never offered any compensation. Plane left the following day like nothing happened and everything was normal. A truly non-caring airline towards customers.

Philippine Airlines customer review :  24 April 2012 by D Bendavid   (Philippines)

MNL-CEB-MNL. No problems with check-in and security in Manila. NAIA Terminal 2 was a bit spartan but much nicer compared to the dreaded old NAIA 1. Boarding this non-AVOD A330 (filthy inside and out) and departing 30 minutes behind schedule. No blankets or pillows offered. No service except for some peanuts/crackers and coffee/tea/water. Safety video not played and a live, manual demo was done. Overhead screens not functioning, not even the airshow. Inflight magazine missing from all Economy Class seats. Seats fairly comfortable, legroom much better than Cebu Pacific but lesser than Korean Air. Carpets and footrest are filthy. Cebu airport is in a bad state, though check-in was not a hassle. Return flight on A330, equipment change from a 747. Same complaints concerning the overhead bins and food/drinks however, this time overhead screens were functioning but only airshow was shown and a live safety demo was done in lieu of airing a safety video. In short, mediocre (but not poor) experience.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7