Philippine Airlines Customer Reviews and Philippine Airlines Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by L Miaco (Australia)

MLA to DGTE in June. Flight ended up being cancelled after 7 hours of waiting due to various unrecognizable reasons. We were already taxiing to the runway when the pilot decided to cancel the flight. Came back this month (September) and bought again a return ticket for MLA-DGTE-MLA. The outgoing flight went well although with the usual delay (2 hours), but on my return, I decided to get an earlier flight from another airline because a day before the return trip I have been monitoring the airline's reliability and they were way off their declared schedules. Fearing I'd miss my international flight later that night I took the noon flight on another airline placing my afternoon flight with Air Philippines as backup. The other airline got me on time for my international flight and a phone call from my sister confirmed that I wouldn't have made it had I took Air Philippines as they arrived and left DGTE late, again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by A Sullivan (USA)

SFO-MNL-DVO-MNL-SFO. I couldn't have asked for more. Each flight I was on was excellent, though, I guess it all depends on what you expect. I expect to get to where I'm going as safely as possible, in an aircraft that's worthy and has been cleaned, and with pilots and crew that know what they're doing. Oh, if there's some food and drinks, fantastic. I'd fly with PAL again in a minute! Excellent!

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by A Flores (Singapore)

SIN-MLA, one-way Economy class on A330. The cabin looks tired. Seats are ok. Food was tasty. The flight attendants are polite but they lack the smile and hospitality that I'm used to, when flying PAL. Overall experience still good. Price is cheaper as compared to other full-serviced airlines in the region. Definitely will fly again on this airline.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Nicolas Tantoco (Canada)

Flew B777-300er to Canada. Delayed 1 hour due to some technical problems and miscommunications between ground staff. The cabin was pleasantly relaxing, generous legroom with inflight entertainment monitors each seat offering lots of good movies, games and music. Food was tasty, it satisfied my palate, crew were very friendly, professional, immaculately neat and well groomed. Philippine Airlines is improving now, becoming more competitive I would say. Will definitely fly with them again In the future.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by M Cabarubias (Japan)

DVO-MNL-NGO, the service was good and the meals are based on Japanese taste. The seats though not first class were comfortable, leg room was sufficient. The cabin crew were very friendly and hospitality to each passenger. I will choose to fly PAL again.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Trevor Donaldson (Australia)

Manila-Melbourne, 21.00 hrs on their new fleet Airbus A340 and was very impressed. As you would expect, modern seating, everything worked, lots of space and great value for money.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Chin Wan (Indonesia)

July 2013, we flew CGK-MNL-CGK. Used credit card to purchase tickets online through official PAL website, when we checked-in, we were not asked to show the credit card used to purchase ticket. During the flight, hot meal was a choice of chicken or beef (CGK-MNL). Also a piece of bread on the tray, but no butter. No wet towels provided. Also flew MNL-LAO-MNL and MNL-CEB-MNL on PAL, not one departed on time (weather good, no typhoon). Bought domestic tickets online (separately), didn't notice that baggage allowance could be different for the trip to LAO and CEB (10 kg & 20 kg respectively). Found out later that baggage allowance for domestic flights depends on the price you pay for the ticket, but no such information before you click purchase. Since PAL is a full-service airline, I think baggage allowance should be 20kg for economy class at whatever price you pay.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2013 by J Ong (USA)

LAX-MNL-LAX, June - July 2013. Outbound flight delayed due to late arrival of aircraft, went non-stop to Manila, seat was good - had the bulkhead seat, row 45. Leg room adequate, flight attendants very nice, food was adequate - served snack in between meals. On return left the gate on time but had to return to the gate due to some mechanical problem causing a delay of 2 hrs. Seat was better this time, had another bulkhead seat row 32 H,J,K. 32 H was excellent with nothing in front of you, flight attendants were the same, very nice food. AVOD did not work in my seat but was given IPAD by flight attendant which has similar movies and music.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Ace Chris (Philippines)

Flew via PAL Express flight in NAIA T3. (2P-971, MNL-TAC) last June aboard their newest A320 in their fleet (RP- C8399). Courteous and friendly Flight Attendants.. having free biscuits, nuts and coffee/water served on board (even they classified as LCC). Interior smells like brand new car. Even my co-passengers upon arrival told that the service of PR/PAL Express is nice.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  2 August 2013 by Palaniswamy Suresh (UAE)

Booked from Abu Dhabi to Manila via Bahrain on Etihad and Philippine Airlines (code share flight with Gulf Air). Etihad was great but Philippine Airlines (Gulf Air) was terrible as I could not chose an Aisle seat and also could not do online check-in. I am a bit taller and I always choose an Aisle seat for comfort, imagine travelling 10 hours in a middle seat - cramped! Terrible experience. I have to travel again on 5th August 2013 and still no one from the airline is ready to help.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by R Antonio (USA)

HKG-MNL-LAX (JUL 12, 2013). Flight from MNL to LAX was delayed 4 hours. Old and worn out plane for both flights. No personal entertainment screen which is terrible considering it's a 13 hour flight. Food is OK but the portions are way too small. The only thing that could have redeemed this airline was if their cabin crews are friendly and hospitable enough - but they aren't. There were Malaysian passengers who were requesting the vegetarian meal but they did not request it online / before the flight. Ideally, an airline should be prepared for such situations. It was very disappointing how the cabin crew handled such thing. Makes me wonder what kind of training they undergo. They should learn a lot from Singapore airlines crew. PAL crews will serve food, then disappear and reappear again when the next meal is to be served. Again, learn from Singapore airlines.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Ariel Macario Engr (Saudi Arabia)

Flight from Manila to Korea with Airbus A340 was good enough! The plane does not have the Video Entertainment to watch! Not recommended to fly again! They're still using the old plane.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Michael McKay (USA)

Flew return LAX-MNL-LAX in April 2013. Outbound delayed 2 hrs due computer problems. Boarded 747 aircraft. Looked very old and worn. Only movie screen was on bulkhead. No seatback video. Food was small portions for 17 hr flight with stop in GUM for fuel. Flt Attnd's very friendly. Some value for ticket, but not enough to make me want to fly PAL again. Return trip to LAX was A340. Again very worn and not new by any standard. No video or entertainment of any kind - was broken. After meal service apx 2 hrs after take off, flt attnds disappeared and occasionally would see one walking from front to back quickly. Poor service, old worn out aircraft and no in flight entertainment of any kind. Would not fly PAL again for any reason. They are the bottom of the list for comfort, convenience, or customer service.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by R Wildwooder (USA)

I flew round trip from San Francisco to Manila in Mabuhay (business) class in January 2013. There is no first class on the planes. The Mabuhay Lounge at SFO offered a superb light dinner. Business class was only half full. I had no one sitting next to me. Flight attendants addressed me formally by name and went out of their way to provide my requested food and beverages. Although the seat did not fully recline, the seat plus the superb leg rest gave me enough room to curl up and sleep well. On the return, which I had to make ahead of my schedule for personal reasons, there was only one Mabuhay class seat available on the main deck of the 747 and the check-in agent obtained permission from the supervisor to assign it to me. The food in the Manila Mabuhay Lounge was superb-enough variety for a delicious complete dinner. My seat was in the first row of the plane which meant that I could place my carry-on in a closet in front of my seat, rather than in an inconvenient overhead bin. I had the aisle seat, but the person in the window seat had enough room to walk around the front of my seat and I was not disturbed during my sleep. Once again I was addressed by the crew by my title and surname and the food and beverage selection and service were superb. The outbound flight was two hours early as the light load enabled it to skip refuelling in Guam. The return flight was on time.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  9 June 2013 by Malik Ahmad (Canada)

Booked 2 tickets leaving June 30 and coming back July 5, PR 119 and PR118. Staff seemed very tired, I pressed the button for stewardess attention, she passed by me several times until I physically had to touch her and tell her I needed a glass of water. The food quality falls below the standard for international airlines, there were no snacks served in between meals. Flight duration between Toronto to Vancouver was 4 hours and from Vancouver to Manila 12 hrs. At check in we were asked to pay $20 per person to get a better economy seat even though we paid $4200 for the ticket. The only advantage was that you don't need to change planes between Toronto to Manila.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2013 by G Mac (Canada)

Vancouver to Manila flight. A 777 airplane. Landed at Manila International Airport Terminal 2. Positives: Very friendly staff, Prompt service of meals and snacks, Some extras - toothbrush, toothpaste, morning face towel, Fun, amusing safety video, Clean, Individual video screens. Touch screen. Negatives: Middle of the night snacking - they turn the lights on, thereby "forcing" everyone to wake up to eat the snack. In flight entertainment of movies does allow you to select the latest movies among the rest of the movie selections. During the duty free shopping time, FAs were very noisy and in our section, there were 6-7 of them. They were passing items over the heads of passengers. It was very noisy and invasive of passenger space and peace. Tons of babies on the flight. Very noisy. When passengers were seated, you still have lots of seat transfers because they have this policy of charging people $50 or $20 if you wanted to move to economy plus or to an exit row. Instead of having some peace of mind, you have loud speaking passengers asking questions then moving their hand baggage to their new seats.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2013 by S Middleton (Hong Kong)

HKG - Manila return. Flight out was 3.5 hours delayed and not even the merest hint of an apology on board. We were provided with a 75 HK$ meal voucher at check-in. On board, the seat pitch is very good and the crew were courteous and professional. Planes are quite dated, but fine. The return flight was only 20 minutes late and the meal was delicious. It was one of the tastiest meals I've had on about 300 flights over the last 15 years. I just wish PAL could be more reliable in terms of scheduling as hanging around the airport for 3.5 hours late at night is not fun at all.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2013 by M Mejia (Philippines)

PR512, SIN-MNL. After a rather lacklustre MNL-SIN leg (an early morning flight marred by dismal FA service and attitude), I was optimistic that the outbound leg was merely a fluke. Check in at Changi and the ground staff messed up seat assignments (I traveled with 3 children and we were separated on the flight - good thing we were able to switch with a friendly lady so we can sit together). Flight delayed an hour out of Singapore and FA attitude was exactly the same as our outbound flight. Service was hurried, cold and distant. Food was inedible. Good thing we had dinner at Changi before the flight. I really wish PAL would pay more attention to the people skills of their staff.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2013 by A S Moulic (Philippines)

Our family of 5 went to Boracay for vacation last week (starting May 16). Manila-Kalibo on May 16, Kalibo-Manila on May 19, 5.15pm. Trip going to Kalibo was ok, however, I was shocked to receive an email advisory from PAL, on Saturday night at 6.35pm, that we have been re-booked from our May 20 5.15pm flight to May 20, 6.30am instead! It is impossible to get from Boracay island to Kalibo by that hour. CS agent and supervisor were insisting we either take the 6.30am May 20 flight, or do a "go-show" for their 8pm or 10pm or 12.15am flights. I had to stay on the line with their CS Supervisor until he finally got us confirmed seats on May 20 4.15pm flight. In all of this, all PAL could say was "sorry for the inconvenience". I will avoid this airline from now on.

Philippine Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by M Mejia (Philippines)

Flew PR 511, MNL-SIN on 19 May 2013 in coach. PAL doesn't have online check in for international flights. Fortunately, flight was fairly empty and an early morning flight and check in meant that the airport was not as crowded as usual. Painless going through check in with a full compliment of baggage from the family (wife and 3 kids). Immigration and security was a breeze. Because of the few number of passengers on this 6am flight, boarding was easy. In fact, the plane was fully loaded a good 20 mins before scheduled push back from the terminal. The good part of the flight ended there. I knew beforehand that there was no personal entertainment on PAL's A330 so I loaded the kids' gadgets with entertainment to keep them occupied for the 3 plus hour flight (an eternity in kids' clocks). What ruined the flight for me was the FAs attitudes of just going through the motions of completing the cabin service. It was rushed and no effort was made to accommodate passengers' requests. My wife's aisle cart ran out of the beef option but mine was stocked with it. When she requested for the beef, she was merely told they ran out. I had to point out to the FA in her aisle to get the selection from the other cart. The food was pretty tasty for airline food, though. Twice requested for coffee and it never came. No after meal drink run and the FAs were just in the galley chatting away. I recall the time when the saving grace of Philippine Airlines was the friendly and efficient service of the staff. Now they seem to even be losing that. I never thought I'd live long enough to see the day when I had better service from American FAs (was on Delta a few months ago) than from Philippine Airlines' FAs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7