Fiji Airways (formerly Air Pacific) Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Fiji Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by S Michael    (Australia)

Used Fiji Airways as it was part of package - never again. SYD to NAN on 737, was ok, food below average, cabin crew would never get a job in one of the Fiji resorts. Return flight, NAN to SYD - 15 minutes prior to boarding they announced that due to fuel/weather conditions 50 bags have been removed from the plane. This left the whole passenger list wondering if they were affected. On arrival at Sydney only 1 of my 4 bags made it home. Only 1 person left to deal with this mess, and she was from a handling agent, no direct rep from Fiji airways present. I will never fly Fiji Airways again by choice.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by James Hever    (UK)

We were booked to fly on October 15 at 6.30am to Fiji. When we arrived to check in at Sydney airport at 5.00am we learned the flight was cancelled and a replacement could not be arranged for 12 hours. The excuse given was bad weather in Sydney the night before. We were to leave on the 19th October and had paid extra to book seats etc and when we arrive to check in at 07.30 for our 09.00 flight we were told the flight was oversold and that there were no seats available. About 8 other passengers were told the same thing. The Fiji representative refused to meet us and sent messages via the check in staff who are not employees of the airline. Virgin Australia came to our rescue.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Frances Smith    (Australia)

Was very disappointed from the start. Was sent a text at 2.20pm stating flight changed to 5.45 the next morning. As I was on my way from Brisbane to Melbourne to catch this flight I had to find somewhere to stay for the night. The flight was then delayed again till 6.30am. The service is nothing great. But sitting watching a movie in a small screen above the seats 3 row in front is disappointing. On the trip back my seat did not recline. On the upside the food was beautiful. I will not be travelling with Fifi Airways again.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by W Anstey    (Australia)

Economy from BNE-NAN then Biz NAN-LAX. Fly with Fiji alot and are very rarely disappointed. Both flights were good and the tidy up with the lounge in NAN has improved it as well. Flew home Biz with Qantas and their food was nowhere near as good as Fiji's. We have never had a problem with any of the cabin staff. Will be using them again in February and look forward to it.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by D Myer    (Australia)

Sydney - Nadi, outbound Aug 14, return Sept 14. Very happy with both flights. Departed on time and both arrived slightly early. Outbound was A330, inbound 737. Both planes clean and efficient. Service was fine, friendly but not in-your-face (others may see this as distant). Food was fine - pasta with chicken, coleslaw, and a cake, I was happy with it. A330 is the new plane, with in-seat screens for entertainment, and a 2-4-2 config. Entertainment selection was fine - a few movies and TV shows, and decent range of music. Kids' programs unavailable on our flight (unfortunately). 737 has overhead screens with single film offering (not suitable for under 10s). Price comparable to Virgin's no-frills offering, service was far better.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Norris Will    (Australia)

We flew SYD-NADI, 21 Aug 2014 on B737/800. Check in was efficient. As we were running late after a hold up going though security we had to rush through duty free and find our way to the gate. All the way to the end. We had to run as they announcing gate close time in 5 mins. We made it with another couple who just flown in from London via Dubai. We left promptly at 6.30am. Breakfast was slow in being served but it was tasty and hot. Coffee was good too but was slow in coming. Crew were nice and offered all the passengers Fiji beer prior to our arrival at Nadi. Entertainment is from drop down screens for movies. Music channels have a good selection. Our luggage was off in quickly and we were out of arrivals in about 30 mins to wait for party from NZ.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by H Brown    (New Zealand)

I flew from Auckland to Nadi on FJ410 and back a week later on FJ411, both flights were on the new Airbus A330. On the way over the food was terrible, Udon noodles next so some pieces of chicken, it was the worst airline food I have ever had. The flight on the way back put me off Fiji Airlines, the pilot seemed to try to take off to soon and but the noise of the aircraft back on the ground before trying to take off again about 5 seconds later. The food on the way back was marginality better but only just edible. The entertainment system was ok, some of the settings were "unavailable for this flight", there were about 10 movies and 10 TV shows to chose from at least half of these were Indian and a few were Chinese but most were in English. The landing back at Auckland was fast but smooth and was the only point on this flight. The attendants were always nice and cheerful. All up only fly with this airline if you want to think you are going to die from lack of oxygen when the air conditioning unit starts making sounds.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by J Reynold    (Vanuatu)

I recently had to fly from Port Vila to Suva for work. Fiji Airways has recently purchased some new ATR planes for these shorter-leg routes. The problem is these planes don't have enough storage capacity to fit everyone's luggage if the flight is full. On the Vila-Suva leg the passengers weren't told that all of our luggage had been offloaded and left in Vila until some time after we arrived in Suva and stood around waiting in the baggage claim area. The customer service was pretty much non-existent and it took 2 days to get our bags. The return flight to Vila the following Sunday used the same airplane with the same result. It's now been 3 days and no word about our luggage. It's not lost; they know exactly where it is but they won't send it to us or contact us on its status. No FA staff met us in Vila and have been ignoring repeated emails. Avoid Fiji Airways if you can!

Fiji Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by L Gerson    (USA)

Recently I traveled LAX-NAN-SYD and return and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! This airline is rated 3 stars but should be higher. I traveled in business class and wasn't sure what to expect reading less than kind reviews but I was very happy with the service. The seat was very comfortable for sleeping and the FA's were very kind and pleasant. the meals were fine and the lavatories were kept clean through out the flight. There is a mandatory layover in Nadi for 3+ hours in each direction but the lounge is pleasant enough though rudimentary.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Elizabeth Stuart    (New Zealand)

Christchurch to Fiji, FJ451 and left Christchurch on 2nd August 2014, left Fiji for Christchurch on 9th August 2014. I found that Fiji Airways were pretty good. Plenty of leg room. Helpful flight attendants. The food wasn't so good but plane food is renowned to be bad! I would definitely fly with them again.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Hottola Petri    (Finland)

On transit in Nadi my name was not on the passenger list, even though I had a ticket. According to a Fiji Airways representative, this was normal: the communication between their central reservations and the airport could be better. Our flight to Honiara was aborted over Vanuatu, and we returned to Nadi, where Port Vila passengers were told to leave the plane and the rest of us were informed that we would have direct flight to Honiara. This departed three-and-half hours later. Two hours were spent matching the boarding passes with passenger lists. We arrived in Honiara at night, after a six hour delay. The once-in-a-week return flight Honiara - Nadi was cancelled. There would have been alternative connections with empty seats, e.g. Honiara - Port Moresby - Nadi for passengers such as myself, who had a Fiji Airways connection to LAX, but we were left stranded there, without re- routing, help or information. I never saw a Fiji Airways representative after the problems surfaced. Personally, I managed to buy a Virgin Australia seat to Brisbane at a local travel agency, a visa to Australia at the airport and book transit accommodation in the Internet, connecting with my Nadi - LAX flight the next day, just on time. In Nadi, not even a single apology was heard. The next time, I will spend a little more for a more reliable service and skip Fiji altogether, instead of risking a need to by a second ticket to reach my destination.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by L Martin    (Australia)

Enjoyed on time and very pleasant flight Sydney to Nadi. Attentive staff who stayed circulating and not disappearing after meal service like many others.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by H Kaaber    (UK)

Flew SYD-NAN and return leg ten days later. Flights were punctual on both legs, planes clean, seats comfortable, service very friendly and decent food. IFE was perfectly adequate for a 4 hour flight. Would happily use Fiji Airways again.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by K Butler    (Australia)

Very disappointed. Our trip from Sydney to Nadi was cancelled from a 6.30am departure to an 11.55am departure so lost 1/2 a day at the resort and our return flight was brought forward from a 6.30pm departure to a 9am departure which meant in total of our 7 day holiday was reduced to 5.5 days - not good enough. Unfortunately I have already booked and paid for a trip later this year and my return flight has already been changed to an earlier morning departure reducing that trip by one day can only hope they don't change the departure time from Sydney but not holding my breath. Would not recommend Fiji Airways to anyone.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by G Cotterill    (Australia)

Just back from a trip to Fiji. The only sour point of the entire trip was Fiji Airways. Like everyone else we bumped into, our flight was changed. For us, we were not notified of this change until we were in Fiji We lost half a day of our holiday because of this. In fact, we had to fly another airline home (I give virgin Australia 10 out of 10). I will not fly Fiji Air again. Poor customer service, bad food, poor online tools and an old plane!

Fiji Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Andrew Mowbray    (Australia)

When attempting to fly back from Apia (Samoa) to Sydney via Nadi, Fiji Airways moved the Apia-Nadi flight from 5.30am in the morning to 6.30pm. This meant I could not make the Nadi-Sydney connecting flight. There were no seats Nadi-Sydney the following day. At no point was I contacted by Fiji Airways. I approached the ground staff in Brisbane (where I departed from) and in Nadi. I didn't get any assistance let alone an apology. Gave up in the end and flew home with Virgin.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Brian Crawford-Greene    (USA)

I was booked on a flight LAX to Nan FJ11 13th May. I booked a flight from Chicago to LAX on United as I was not sure what day I was going to travel. I was informed when I arrived in O'Hare that all flights had been cancelled but flights were being opened up and it looked like all would be well although less than the three hours. I called Fiji Airways to give them a heads up. I was informed it was the weather that caused the problem, however then learned it was a fire in one of the main traffic towers. Again I called and informed Fiji Airways what was transpiring and that my flight was getting me in later. Finally we started to board and I called and said that I was going to miss the flight - this was a good 4 hours before FJ811 was due to take off. I was told that the fare was to be $120 for the change plus the change in fare which came to a total of $350. While I was giving my credit card information I was cut off. I immediately called back as I was in line to board and was then informed the fare was now $780. I do not know what sort of scam that was in motion but I am disgusted at the manner that the transaction occurred and feel I should be compensated back to the $350. A change of one day cannot be almost a full fare. I called numerous times to say I was going to be late and was accepting the change in price but to go to double in a matter of 2 minutes is contemptible and it would appear on the surface a way to extract more money due to duress. Very, very disappointed in your airline.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Sharon Hnatiuk    (Canada)

Sitting here at the Sofitel (April 16th) in Denauru after Fiji Airways cancelled our return trip tomorrow to a day later. With that new schedule, now they are wanting us to move for one night to another hotel. We are arriving a day later home, plus with the new itinerary of our connecting flights have added an 10 hour wait in LA. Not fun. The least they could do is leave us here in this resort as we are being disrupted quite enough.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Ritter Stefan    (Germany)

NAN (Nadi) to LAX (Los Angeles) on 24 Mar 2014. Very pleasant experience. Reassuring new A330-200 aircraft, professional crew, efficient and helpful ground staff. Flight was delayed and rescheduled to next early morning: transparent communication, swift providing of transport, accommodation and food in Nadi as well as in Los Angeles. Would recommend Fiji Airways over other airliners in the Pacific region.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Amita Prasad    (USA)

I used Fiji Airways to travel from Los Angeles to Nadi on flight number FJ811 on December 31, 2013. After we checked in and were waiting to board the plane, the Gate number was changed and we were given another Gate number to go to. Once there, the Supervisor announced that the flight was being delayed and kept announcing that every 30 minutes. Later that night we were told the flight was cancelled and was not going to fly at all due to maintenance. We requested that we be re-routed via Australia or New Zealand so we could arrive into Nadi on time but nothing was done to help us. After waiting for hours at the Airport, Fiji Airways arranged hotel accommodation for us. Later they provided a taxi and we arrived at the hotel at 2.30am. Our baggage was already checked in and we did not have any clothes on us. Back at the airport, we were told to go to the gate and our names will be called if there was space in the plane. To our surprise they fitted all passengers from December 31 and January 1st on one plane. Therefore they combined the passengers of December 31 and January 1 on that one plane which flew on January 1st.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Michael Hoffmann    (Qatar)

Personnel very kind. Food ok and seat comfort great. The long flight from Hong Kong to Nadi was a pleasure. Drinks were served all the time. Checking my baggage through to final destination with another airline was absolutely no problem.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  13 February 2014 by M James    (USA)

Flew BNE-NAN as part of a longer itinerary in business. I wasn't provided with an express pass in BNE for exit immigration when I checked in, though I barged my way through when they saw the biz class ticket. The ordinary line was 150 deep. The Qantas lounge in BNE used by FJ leaves something to be desired for an int'l biz lounge, but it's adequate. The cabin condition on the 737 was worn. Service was excellent. The salmon in my lunch was rather desiccated from overcooking. Wines ok, good spirit selection. Dessert was delicious and simple: a strawberry mousse cake. Would recommend.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Mickey Asgar    (USA)

Flew FJ from LAX to SYD via NAN, LAX-NAN was on a A330-200, the plane condition was good and clean still had the new plane smell, the seats were comfortable even it was angled flat, the meal and the service was good and was able to get 6-7 hours of sleep. We had 5 hour layover in NAN, as we arrived at 4am every shop and lounge was closed until after 6am. The lounge condition at NAN was OK at best. Originally was booked on a A332 from Fiji to Sydney but noticed that they have switched equipment to B738, was looking forward to stretch out on flat bed seats and watch couple of movies on the 4 hour journey but unfortunately had to put up with regular recliner seats and provided tablet to watch the movie, the service and the flight crew were excellent.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  3 February 2014 by L Frochter    (Australia)

29th Dec 2013 Sydney-Nadi-LAX, then return on 29th Jan 2014 with 3 other family members. Very pleasantly surprised-all cabin staff on all 4 flights very friendly and polite. I asked for a hot tea during cold drink service and it was brought to me as soon as service had finished. Sydney-Nadi boarded 10mins late, but managed to leave only 2 mins late and all flights arrived 30 mins early. Nadi was longest transfer as only 1 person on desk. The food varied from ok to really good. It is airline food in Economy Class and Fiji Airways is not your top end Airline. Flight from Nadi-LAX left at 9.40pm, so we had a small roll with vegetable patty served as snack, but a large breakfast of scrambled eggs, grilled veggies, fruit, muffin, yoghurt, juice and a breakfast bar. On return trip, was prawn cocktail, beef and rice, fruit, juice, chocolate bar and scone. Both large meals were very tasty and vegetarian rolls also had a great flavour. Water was on offer regularly during flights. My only negative was that I had requested Vegetarian Meals for all 4 of us, however this information did not get through. On trip to LAX, there was a vegetarian option (although not booked), however on return flight there wasn't. The planes were new, which was a bonus and seating, although a little uncomfortable at times, was probably more to do with being on a long flight than anything else. It felt no different to the 5hr flight Sydney to Perth on Qantas. Toilets were exceptionally clean at all stages of all flights. We went with Fijian Airways mainly due to cost. I was more than happy with the service, and happy, friendly nature of the cabin staff.

Fiji Airways Customer review :  30 January 2014 by F Dafono    (UK)

We booked our holiday's return flight trips to Fiji with Qantas airline. The route from London to Sydney was superb. Unfortunately, Qantas have code shared with Fiji Airways, and the trip from Sydney-Nadi-Sydney was operated by the Fiji Airways newest fleet. There's nothing good to say about the flight crew, airline and services. The plane may be new but the inflight entertainment wasn't working properly and was told to pay if my family wanted to watch movies! There's no option when it comes to food. The only option, including kids was a horrible wrap stuffed with scrambled eggs/chicken/tuna. The flight attendant looked disinterested and almost unwilling to help, most of the time. Overall I personally wouldn't recommend Fiji Airways to anyone travelling to Fiji in the future.

Air Pacific Customer review :  28 January 2014 by L Miller    (Australia)

Nadi to Melbourne. Flight was on time however there were multiple problems with the flight. Service staff was rude. They never handed out headsets so there were movies on but you couldn't hear them. I did ask an attendant for a headset but she said it would be a while because she had to serve everyone food and then she'd be able to bring it to me. Well, I never did get the headset. The food is awful. Nobody expects great food on a plane but what they serve is just a small bun with some sort of nondescript patty, coleslaw, juice and a biscuit. Lastly, we travelled with small children and they do not let people with small children board first. They also call people from certain rows and then just let anyone from any row board so it is a real free-for-all in terms of getting on the plane. Improve the service and the food and this airline could be considerably better.

Air Pacific Customer review :  17 January 2014 by R Wibisono    (New Zealand)

Flew AKL-Nadi-LAX-Nadi-AKL in December 2013 and January 2014. Excellent service. Very nice, clean and fresh cabin. Always on time (on the dot). Will definitely fly with Fiji Airways (Air Pacific) again in the future.

Air Pacific Customer review :  14 January 2014 by A Mclean    (Australia)

Air Pacific now Fiji Air went from Melbourne - Nadi return over Christmas. The plane took off on time with the new cabin fit out on the Airbus, the seats recline flat with lots of space, the screen in fixed position with an easy use remote control. Food And Drinks excellent without having to ask. The check-in areas at both ends very good as well.

Air Pacific Customer review :  13 January 2014 by S Kozak    (Australia)

LAX-NAN-BNE. Check in at LAX efficient and friendly. Boarding and departure smooth and punctual. The cabin crew were polite and efficient. The airbus still had that brand new feel about it. The personal IFE worked well, though the selection was limited. The two meals served LAX to NAN were actually pretty good. Regrettably, the seat width and pitch seemed the most constricted I had ever experienced in an economy class on any airline. After two hours in the air I was very uncomfortable and eventually just being there was something like torture. I was glad when we landed at Nadi and I had a chance to get off the plane. The flight from NAN to BNE was on a rather dated 737, but the seats were wider with more legroom. Unfortunately, the uncomfortable seating conditions on the airbus preclude me from ever flying with this airline again, no matter how cheap.

Air Pacific Customer review :  13 January 2014 by S Adlam    (USA)

Nadi-LAX. Business. Return evening flight back to States from Fiji. Fiji Airways performed to the great standard flying down here a weeks ago. Full cabin with children in business but very well behaved. Service was prompt and friendly as crew tried to give us as much time to sleep. Meals very good and seat was comfortable enabling 6 hours sleep which is great. I don't get that on BA club world. The angled flat sit is very good as I am not a fan of this seat at all. Breakfast wake was very cool with passengers lightly woken up which was a great touch. Will fly FA back to south pacific, Australia and NZ again.

Air Pacific Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Don Campbell    (New Zealand)

Booked to LAX out of AKL, Dec 21 2013. Flight overbooked so many hours wait for an Air NZ flight. Return flight on Dec 31 didn't eventuate due to a breakdown. Over 6 hours spent in a remote departure area with few announcements and not even a coffee. Sent to a hotel with no bags and not even a toothbrush provided. Finally caught Air NZ flight 24 hours later.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8