Read Air Pacific Reviews and compare Passenger Reviews

Air Pacific Passenger Reviews and Air Pacific Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Air Pacific Customer review :  12 March 2012 by Michael Gott    (Australia)

BNE-NAD-LAX return. Ground/call centre staff are deplorable. We had our flights changed with 2 missed connections and weren't notified. Only upon noticing the changes were we able to rebook our flights which meant extended layovers in Fiji. We were told due to the delay our hotel would be covered by Air Pacific. We arrived in Nadi to find the help desk closed and at the hotel told there was no booking. Hard to review because the flights were perfect, on time with ok food, inflight entertainment was hit and miss but the flights were midnight ones so it was mostly sleep time anyway.

Air Pacific Customer review :  5 March 2012 by P Noake    (Australia)

Brisbane-Nadi-LA return LA-Nadi-Brisbane. I purchased the tickets for an excellent price but having read the reviews was apprehensive prior to travelling. My family and I were pleasantly surprised. The 747-400 was comfortable and the service was excellent. I would certainly fly them again.

Air Pacific Customer review :  28 February 2012 by K Whalan    (Australia)

SYD to Nadi and Nadi to LA. We had no problems, the 747 is older but seats were comfortable, staff friendly and I had enough leg room compared to Jetstar. Food passable, but average compared to other airlines. Inflight entertainment was poor, but we had our ipad. If you're on a budget like we were, I recommend Air Pacific.

Air Pacific Customer review :  27 February 2012 by C Crouch    (Australia)

Sydney-Nadi and Nadi-LA return with a stop over in Nadi on return to Sydney. Staff are lacking in professionalism and basic courtesy. From Nadi to Sydney we were advised we are only allowed one piece of carry on luggage and had to pay excess baggage and check-in the second piece of carry on. Encountered substantial delays which seemed to be the result of poor organization. Onboard it was hit and miss if personal screens actually worked and some of the seating did not recline - not comfortable for a 10 hour flight. The food was a warm unrecognizable soft slop consistency.

Air Pacific Customer review :  27 February 2012 by Steven Davey    (New Zealand)

AKL-NAN. 747-400. Flight delayed an hour. Once onboard the seats were quite roomy, lots of leg room. Took a while for the IFE to get started. Before the meal service I got up and asked for a beer and was given two. The service was excellent and friendly. Food was basic but the sandwich was tasty.

Air Pacific Customer review :  16 February 2012 by A Naidu    (Fiji)

My experiences with Air Pacific staff have been lacking in dignity, professionalism and basic courtesy. I have seen an air-hostess roll her eyes and 'tch' at a young boy because he stopped her to ask for another drink. I walked to the galley to ask for a second drink. The female attendant picked up a glass that already had something in it and proceeded to put ice in it. I made a point of asking for a fresh glass. Her response was immediately sarcastic 'oh you don't want this one..okaaay' and when she handed me my 'fresh' glass remained with her back to me while continuing her conversation with her colleague. Shabbiness has become common behavior. On my flight outbound to Fiji, FA sounded and behaved like it bored her to be there. I understand everyone has a bad day but this has been my experience often.

Air Pacific Customer review :  4 February 2012 by S Robertson    (Fiji)

I travel to and from Melbourne to Nadi every 3 months in business. Part of my enjoyment of the upgrade is the business lounge before boarding. For about 1 year now, the business lounge has downgraded! There used to be a wide variety of snacks as well as a good selection of wine and champagne. Now one can only expect toasted sandwiches, no wine, no champagne, no nuts, of course the spirits are still there, but I always leave hungry- disappointing considering the extra money I paid. Once onboard, I have to agree that most flight attendants are rude and make you feel as if you are bothering them. As the planes are usually small, by the time the attendant gets to you, often your meal choice has run out. The wine on offer is so cheap, it should not even be offered in economy, let alone Business Class. Also used to receive complimentary toiletry bags, now they have also been stopped! I would like to know why, when we are paying more and the prices are going up, but the quality is continually going down.

Air Pacific Customer review :  3 February 2012 by A Brown    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Nadi and Nadi-LA return. We encountered substantial delays through the entire process which seemed to be the result of poor organization. Onboard it was hit and miss if the personal screen actually worked and some of the seating did not recline - not comfortable for a 10 hour flight. At the back of the aircraft it was hotter than the ambient Fiji air temperature when we arrived midsummer. The food was a warm unrecognizable soft slop consistency. Crew - What crew? After greeting us on the plane and serving us the two "meals" they pulled a disappearing act and were never seen again. The crew demeanour was disinterested and rude towards passengers.

Air Pacific Customer review :  3 February 2012 by M Wales    (New Zealand)

This was the worst experience of flying I have encountered. From start to finish the service was nothing short of appalling. Some of the problems were - not notified of a departure time change, delayed in Nadi for 10 hrs with no information or assistance provided. No inflight entertainment that worked, seats did not recline or had broken tray tables. Over hot cabin temperature causing many passengers to feel faint. Extremely poor service from cabin crew who did not attempt to provide any beverages or assistance. Dirty toilet facilities. Poor food quality which even for a budget airline was below standard.

Air Pacific Customer review :  31 January 2012 by D MacPherson    (New Zealand)

Nadi through to LAX. Staff members were not interested in customer service nor did they smile at boarding passengers. After a relaxed safety briefing I attempted to use the inflight entertainment, many of the televisions did not work. The aircraft was extremely cold and seating area was very cramped. Many passengers became quite alarmed when the air conditioning vents started leaking large amounts of water, people had to move seats to avoid getting wet. Furthermore the meal was a cold hot dog bun with shredded chicken and grated carrot. Staff were arrogant, unhelpful and seemed to be busy discussing issues in the corner.

Air Pacific Customer review :  28 January 2012 by P Ewen    (Australia)

Pacific Sun is the domestic subsidiary of Air Pacific. They have serious trouble keeping schedule. In the past 6 weeks friends visiting here in Fiji were delayed one day each trip from Nadi to Savusavu. They had to fly in and out of Labassa, each trip a 90 minute drive from where they booked to arrive. My brother was held up for 2 days on the way back to Sydney and one day on the way here. As I write my mother in law is waiting for her flight in Nadi to Labassa, she will arrive at 16.30 rather than 11.00 and again a 90 minute taxi ride from where she was suppose to end up. Pacific Sun’s excuses are numerous, however it does seem to be factor of poor management and poor discipline. The lack of domestic competition gives them no reason to pick up their game. Fiji needs the domestic service desperately. Don't hold your breath it will probably get worse.

Air Pacific Customer review :  28 January 2012 by K Joel    (USA)

We flew LA to Sydney via Fiji and then Auckland via Fiji back to LA for four flights. The total time delay we experienced on these four flights was more than 8 hours ranging from 1/2 hour to more than 4 hours. The plane was kept uncomfortably cold during the more than 30 hours of flying. The worst part of our experience was that during the transfer of our luggage at the Fiji airport, in a very heavy rain, one of our suitcases got very wet.

Air Pacific Customer review :  24 January 2012 by Nigel W Shanks    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Nadi Jan 22. Arrived at Auckland airport to find flight delayed from 2pm until 3pm. An hour later, the issue was fixed but we were told there was a more serious problem. At 7pm, 4 hours on we, were told that connecting passengers were being transferred to the LAX flight on Air NZ. Fiji passengers were delayed until 11pm as a plane was coming from Fiji. Air New Zealand ground staff were handling the issue and did a fantastic job giving out vouchers and helping passengers. We finally took off at midnight – thankful we had paid $300.00 for an upgrade to a very old and tired business class – with a tired crew who were doing an unexpected double shift. The flight was uneventful, the food and service OK (but well below what you would expect for an international airline) and the crew clearly tired. Delays and very old and worn aircraft and I would be reluctant to use Air Pacific again in the future.

Air Pacific Customer review :  17 November 2011 by Daniel Bradford    (Australia)

Sydney to Nadi return. Our outbound flight was delayed 3 hrs and the food was terrible. The inflight entertainment was a selection of movies and the system worked intermittently. According to resort staff Air Pacific have a shocking on time record. The trip home today was no different except it was on time. I did not eat my processed chicken and egg muffin for breakfast. Staff were OK, but not like the happy friendly Fijians I met while on holiday.

Air Pacific Customer review :  16 November 2011 by D Simpson    (Australia)

Sydney to Nadi. There did not appear to be any air-conditioning. It was very very warm from the moment we entered the plane until we got off. The food was very substandard. Service levels have certainly dropped.

Air Pacific Customer review :  9 November 2011 by Alexandra Bley-Vroman    (USA)

Very satisfactory. Both flights Honolulu-Apia return left on time, return flight arrived early. Planes (Boeing 737, 3x3) seemed to be in very good condition. Entertainment worked fine, TV monitors suspended at intervals, no seat-back screens. Full meals were good.

Air Pacific Customer review :  7 November 2011 by Marcia Cavanagh    (Australia)

Nadi-Sydney. Old 747, with personal entertainment unit not functioning well enough to view all channels and volume not loud enough to hear with standard headphones. Breakfast was not really business class standard.

Air Pacific Customer review :  2 November 2011 by Marcia Cavanagh    (Australia)

Auckland-Nadi. Seats were old, but appeared to have been reupholstered. Flight crew very friendly. Meal delicious. The personal entertainment screen was difficult to get out of the arm rest, mechanism needed servicing. The choices available were limited.

Air Pacific Customer review :  28 October 2011 by R Webster    (Australia)

Although a full service airline, we enjoyed a plane 20/30 years old but not the service quality from those days. 2 seats were blocked off due to trim falling off, a toilet door bolt taped up with 'do not use', the food looked awful and didn't dare try. LCC service except check-in bags not charged. Overall very average.

Air Pacific Customer review :  28 October 2011 by Chandra Naidu    (Australia)

Melbourne to Nadi B767-300. We were served a meal as soon as the flight levelled off and it was awful. 3 hours into the flight, I asked an attendant for water, I had to wait 30 minutes and when I pressed the courtesy light, the FA said she would be with me shortly. 10 minutes she appeared with a warm bottle of water with an unpleasant smile. Thirty minutes before landing there was an announcement that the bar was closed. Air Pacific advertises itself as a full service airline, however the service on this flight was that of a limited service airline. I have been travelling to Fiji for 22 years and service has certainly declined.

Air Pacific Customer review :  22 October 2011 by David Huang    (USA)

Seattle transfer through LAX to Nadi, Fiji. The only airline that flies to Fiji from the USA was Air Pacific and they are the worst. Our original flight going home was 9pm Tuesday - Air Pacific canceled the flight at 5.30pm Tuesday and didn’t notify anyone. We got to the airport to wait in line for over an hour to get our vouchers. The flight rescheduled for 0600 Wednesday and we waited in line for two hours to get rebooked (airport was unorganized and complete mess). Air Pacific agents allowed us to carry on our bags but airport security wouldn’t let us carry on our bags because we were over their ridiculous 7 kg limit – our bags were the right size but a bit overweight 9 kg and 11 kg but we had nothing but original clothes we carried to Fiji! The plane was delayed another 6 hours after we boarded the plane, so we de-boarded and waited. Total delayed time of 16 hours plus missing our connecting flights which Air Pacific said they would re-book but failed to deliver on – we worked it out with our connecting airline Virgin America which was great about re-booking us. I highly advise not flying Air Pacific and they are the only reason why I will think twice about going back to Fiji.

Air Pacific Customer review :  20 October 2011 by Roy Clogstoun    (Australia)

SYD-Nadi return, both sectors on B747. Staff friendly and attentive but food was inedible. Air Pacific economy catering seems to like processed chicken meat. I suggest people take their own food on the flight. IFE dated and not a great selection of films, mostly cheap US entertainment. On both flights my youngest daughter had a defective sound system but staff said that they were unable to rectify the problem.

Air Pacific customer review :  12 October 2011 by J Rose (USA)

SYD-NAN-LAX in B747-400 Business Class. While not up to the modern business class standards of Qantas, Virgin, etc Air Pacific was comfortable and efficient and an excellent cost-efficient alternative to the major carriers. Old style business class seats had reasonable recline and comfort, sleep quality was quite good. Food and IFE are sub- standard, but would use again on this route.

Air Pacific customer review :  6 October 2011 by N Patt (Hong Kong)

HKG-NAD-AKL. HKG-AKL on an old 767 no personalised TV's, only handheld 1980's ipads with poor choice. Seats comfortable enough. Service was great, plenty of wine and staff ever present in the cabin. Food was mediocre but edible. NAD-AKL same plane, same service. AKL-NAD on a new 737 which made a world of difference. Need to update the planes on the HKG route. But Business Class was the same price as Air NZ Economy and we got a nights stop over in Fiji.

Air Pacific customer review :  9 September 2011 by J King (New Zealand)

Nadi-Auckland Economy on old 747. All seats and fittings are long in the tooth. Food and beverage service was terrible - a sandwich in a plastic bag is not good enough for a full service airline. We experienced heavy turbulence during the flight, the Pilot said nothing of the incident and the crew pretended nothing happened. The Tabua Club at Nadi is a sad excuse for a lounge, there was toast and a tiny fruit platter. The only good thing is that it was quiet compared to the madness of the wider terminal.

Air Pacific customer review :  9 September 2011 by G Coquet (Wallis & Futuna Islands)

Been using for years to fly from NAN to AKL, CHC and SYD, both in Economy and Business cabins. Service is still friendly, however food quality has been declining. Now it is only a cold chicken or beef wrap, but it used to be a full hot meal with a choice of two dishes. This is not good enough for what the airline is calling full service.

Air Pacific customer review :  8 September 2011 by J Pallister (Australia)

Return to Nadi Business Class from Brisbane. Old aircraft with only 8 seats in BC. My seat would not recline at all, headsets crackly and distorted. Service was awful, my husband and I chose the chicken dish but were told they only carried 2 of each choice and someone had already ordered the chicken. Same with the dessert, only one cheese plate available. Tray covers had been used on the inbound flight and turned over to the clean side for outbound flight. Not good for BC. FA's lazy and yawning all the time. All in all a very slack, uncaring cabin crew and certainly not worth the extra price.

Air Pacific customer review :  2 September 2011 by W Moreland (Australia)

I have been travelling to Fiji for 20 years, the now and then service has changed. The then cabin service was 'Full service' the now service is a sad reflection of the current administration of the airline. The cabin crew can only deliver what is provided . A cold chicken roll and coffee delivered in polystyrene cup is not full service. As a member of Tabua club I use the club lounge at Nadi, the food refreshments offered were only one tray of cold sandwiches nothing else. Poor service.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  29 August 2011 by Shawn Sulton (Australia)

NAN to HNL on 737 aircraft. Served a cold dinner wrap (chicken or beef) on departure with a good selection of spirits and wine. However, prior to arrival in Honolulu there was no breakfast offered - just a glass of watered down juice. This could be improved. Previously a delicious hot breakfast was served and it would have been nice to have food at 7.30am in the morning prior to the long customs and immigration wait. Overall, friendly staff and great aircraft.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  26 August 2011 by Hematlal Soni (New Zealand)

Myself and my wife were flying to Auckland. I forgot my laptop in the departure lounge. Ground staff found the laptop and informed me onboard. On arrival, I was met by ground staff and given help, the laptop was in Auckland the next day. Staff were helpful and efficient at a stressful time.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  22 August 2011 by Lisa Greene (Australia)

Sydney to Nadi return. 747, with old Business seats and small TV screens. Sat in row 1 with plenty of leg room. Although the seats were older, there was no horrible "sliding" down when the bed is angled flat. Flight attendants were pleasant and continually wandered through the cabin offering drinks. Lunch was very nice. Return flight, check-in and boarding was seamless. Priority tags attached to luggage so it arrived quickly. At Nadi airport staff took all Business/Priority bags off the carousel and had them sitting next to it.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  18 August 2011 by M Prasad (New Zealand)

SUV-AKL. The interior of the 737-700 looked worn out and old. Certain films were slightly inappropriate. The food selection was poor, a cold burger was served, together with small packet of potato chips. Tea and coffee served was not even warm. Water was served after long intervals. Cabin crew were friendly but smiles are not enough to make the flight okay.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  17 August 2011 by Thomas Mackellar (Australia)

NAN-LAX return. Fares were very cheap, for this you can't expect much, but the seat even though old recliners were comfortable and spacious. IFE was very old (10 channel) loop. Food was fair. Lounge in NAN, quite good and lounge in LAX needed improving. A good alternative to travelling the other major carriers in Business from SYD- LAX.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  11 August 2011 by Helen Cameron (Australia)

Brisbane-Nandi-Tarawa return. Friendly captain, helpful and efficient crew. Food adequate and seconds were given. Aircraft clean, toilets ok, IFE bit fuzzy but could hear it. Blankets were handed out if necessary. The seats are a bit close. We enjoyed our flight and were encouraged to spread out as flight not full.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  10 August 2011 by Gary Eisner (Australia)

Sydney-Nadi-LA return. I had an iPhone loaded with videos in preparation for the failure of in flight entertainment and made sure I had plenty of food. The in-flight entertainment system was lousy (about 1 in 3 work), the food was dated and the seat covers were falling off, but for $950 return Sydney to LA I am not going to complain. Read the reviews, expect the worst, be prepared with food and entertainment and you really won't have a problem. Staff were friendly enough.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  1 August 2011 by Alex Chee (Australia)

On arrival at the airport 0900hrs we got behind a queue of more than 80 passengers and it did not move at all. After close up time at about 1115hrs an agent staff told passengers that the flight was full and all of us who were left behind had to be routed to either SYD, MEL or overnight BNE to catch the following night's flight which was scheduled to depart at 2300hrs. The four of us opted for the overnight stay in BNE, we eventually checked into the BNE (not NAN) hotel, as it was 1445 which was supposed to have been the scheduled arriva of our flight at NAN. The airport representative knew of the change in the aircraft type and was not forthcoming in warning the passengers of the offloading. We were made to wait like cattle in the queue and eventually wasted five precious hours. Our flight was rebooked for the next night with meals, accommodation and transport to and fro the airport. Vouchers refreshments were only handed to passengers after the 2 hours wait. Air Pacific staff should have adopted a positive attitude and taken advantage of the situation to provide a high standard of service with proper planning and execution to lessen the already inconvenienced passengers. Service on board was mediocre. With a flight of more than 3 hours from BNE/NAN a cold snack was inappropriate for a scheduled airline which charged international fares.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  28 July 2011 by W Moreland   (Australia)

Been travelling to Fiji for many years. Always found service to be great. On time departures, good cabin service and friendly crew. What more do you want.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  25 July 2011 by K Arnott   (Australia)

Sydney to Los Angeles via Fiji. 1st leg of trip with Qantas (Perth-Sydney) was cancelled due to the Chilean volcanic ash cloud grounding flights. We had booked our fare online and it was non-refundable. Air Pacific rescheduled our flight with no additional cost and were delightful to deal with. En-route, the flight attendants were friendly and helpful. We observed them dealing with a variety of situations and they displayed professionalism, courtesy and appropriate assistance.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  23 July 2011 by S Sheehan   (Australia)

BNE-NAN on a 737-700, flight was delayed by over 3 hrs, apparently due to a member of the crew calling in sick. Since we had come in on another flight from MEL, we had little choice but to wait the 3+ hrs at Brisbane airport. Once we boarded we were given a very warm welcome by the flight crew. The aircraft's condition was satisfactory - not great, but you can do a lot worse. Once in flight we were served breakfast consisting of tropical fruits, orange juice and a cupcake. I did notice that when the head flight attendant spoke over the PA he would take frequent and long pauses, which made him come across as nervous. The remainder of the flight went without a hitch, and upon landing in Fiji the flight crew was once again very apologetic about the delay. Overall a nice experience (3 hr delay aside) and very good value for money.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  19 July 2011 by Wayne Anstey   (Australia)

BNE-NAN-LAX-NAN-SYD. Admittedly BC but I can't say any negatives about any part of the flight. All left on time, all crew were friendly and as efficient as you would need. Price was very good and my kids are using them today to go and visit another sibling in Canada. The aircraft cabin up front still looks like the FC seats we used to use on Qantas in the early 90's however they are no worse than the Qantas dreamtime seats (apart from A380 ones) as the bottom part of your body is actually horizontal. Top part obviously isn't. We travel regularly in First and Business on all oneworld carriers and if you go into all flights with the right piece of mind you will find the experience is almost always better. I am looking forward to using FJ again in January but will most definitely look forward to the day when they can upgrade the 744's to something fresher.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  16 July 2011 by T Cooke   (Fiji)

Air Pacific remains the least expensive way (usually) to travel NAD-LAX. But as noted by many others, service is only barely adequate. Very few smiles, no friendly words. Flight attendants appeared very bored with their jobs. (Big change from several years ago!) Economy seats are very uncomfortable for 11+ hr. (Probably okay for somebody under 30, but not for a mature person.) I don't understand their "requirement" to keep all shades shut, as dawn over distant Hawaii can be spectacular, and there's nobody out there to peep in! Aircraft interior appears aged, with inadequate care. Customer Service (misnomer!) does not answer emailed questions (e.g., anticipated excess baggage limit/cost), despite giving that option. They also lie (or are completely ignorant of) seat selection policies, assigning seats months ahead, and then denying that possibility at check-in. This airline clearly has a near monopoly on their route (Qantas and Air New Zealand share the airplane and all its elements), and considers passengers as mere annoyances to collecting their salaries. Too bad. Fiji deserves far better.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  1 July 2011 by Michael Peters   (New Zealand)

I have been travelling on Air Pacific for many years mainly because I live in Fiji and the flight schedules of other airlines are not as frequent or suited. Of late I ensure that I have a meal before I board the flight and simply then try to sleep through the flight. This is because the service, the meals in particular are unacceptable. Cold sandwiches on a "full service" airline? The fleet is also very old and Air Pacific have dreamt dreamliners are stuck with this old fleet. What that means is that "on our all flights meals and handsets are complimentary", spare us the headsets, not worth watching or listening to. Pity that because Air Pacific is a poor representation of what Fiji is famous for - its sunny hospitality.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  9 June 2011 by T Doherty   (Australia)

BNE-NAN-LAX and return LAX-NAN-BN. Worst service ever, food atrocious. Smiles nowhere to be seen by any flight attendant. Seemed like it was a chore for them even if you wanted a glass of water. I would never recommend them to anyone nor would I ever fly with them again. It was not even a cheap deal. They were recommended by the Travel Agent - have changed travel agent too.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  25 May 2011 by G Odewahn   (Australia)

SYD-NAN-LAX return. First part of the flight was average, Boeing 747 desperately needs renovation inside, fittings broken, sink in toilet smashed, electrical and IFE problems, stained curtains and upholstery, seatbelt and smoking signs burnt out. Seat was quite comfortable and padded, there was a flickering light above my seat, cabin crew said that they couldn't turn it off. Instead, they distributed eye masks but the FA refused to give me one as he thought that the light wasn't disturbing me. Even though I demanded one, he refused. The food served was very poor. NAN-LAX flight at 2230 was delayed for 4 hours due to a mechanical fault and we were not allowed off the plane. LAX-NAN, the already poor IFE failed to work, I called the flight attendant who was rude and she said "yeah it clearly doesn't work does it?", then stormed off. She never returned to apologise for the issue that was only with 2 rows of seats. NAN-SYD, the same aircraft with faulty IFE and even poorer food. A child in front was disturbing me so I asked to the flight attendant to ask them to stop. She walked off and never did a thing about it. Absolutely disgraceful product and service, it is definitely not the World's Friendliest Airline and how it can be rated 3 stars is beyond me.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  15 May 2011 by P Tyson   (USA)

LAX-NAN-AKL. LAX check in friendly and helpful. Agent changed our seats on NAN-AKL leg as requested. Gave us a coupon for admission to the departure lounge at LAX which was well stocked with snacks and drinks . We flew business class and had seats in the first row of the B747-400. With the seat fully reclined, there was still two feet of space in front of us. The business class section was very small for this airplane. Cabin service was friendly, food pretty good. Entertainment system adequate. Newspapers available. Transferring from the 747 to NAN-AKL B767-300 involved walking a few hundred feet into the terminal building where our names were checked off on a roster, then carry on bags put through the x-ray and hand searched thoroughly. This seemed a bit extreme as bottles of water given to us on the previous flight were taken away from us. This caused quite a bottleneck behind us as most passengers aboard were in transit. Any duty free liquor purchased in LAX and carried, was taken by authorities in Nadi. General departure lounge is surrounded by huge duty free shops and business class passengers have separate departure lounge downstairs (no elevator) where breakfast items were furnished. NAN-AKL flight was uneventful.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  28 April 2011 by Markus Pesch   (China)

Worst airline ever. Food terrible, service only friendly on the surface. Onboard entertainment worst ever., not even a local newspaper. Nearly could not leave from Nadi to HKG because they told us that we need onward tickets from HKG which is rubbish when you are on transfer to Macao or the mainland. They forced us to buy an expensive ticket to Frankfurt (German passport holder/2,000 Euros per ticket one way on a Cathay Pacific flight) and told me I could cancel it at their counter in Hong Kong. The staff refused talking to me and others and just said we would have to buy another ticket (with time running out and only 2 flights per week that are mostly sold out for several weeks). Some couples were left behind since they did not have the necessary funds available to do so. On Spanish couple started crying - can understand. At HKG it became clear that they do not have a ticket counter in all of HKG. They sent me to Cathay Pacific (partner airline) which explained that they are not responsible which made sense since Air Pacific received the money. Contacted the handling agent in HKG (only available Air Pacific contact in Hong Kong) and told me has to send copy of ticket to Fiji and it will take 3 months to refund me.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  4 April 2011 by C Rushton   (Australia)

MEL-NAN 20 March 2011. Flight was called to board early in Melbourne but we still sat at the departure gate for almost an hour before boarding? Seats are small even for economy. Had 2 idiots sitting behind us who had obviously been drinking heavily before boarding and were swearing and kicking the seats. Luckily cabin crew noticed this and refused any service of alcohol. Still not sure how they managed to board. Food was really dreadful. IFE non existent as headphone jacks in our seats were non operational. Flew Pacific Blue back to Melbourne, premium economy, large seats with legroom. Much nicer although be prepared to pay for IFE and food and beverage. Air Pacific is a cheap alternative but keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Air Pacific is looking old and tired.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  1 April 2011 by Martin Davis   (UK)

Nadi to Los Angeles as part of a round-the-world package with Air New Zealand. Paid for Premium Economy but automatically downgraded by Air Pacific to economy. Seats uncomfortable, food dreadful, entertainment system sub-standard. Worst of all Air Pacific would not honour the higher baggage allowance of Premium Economy, so whole trip had to be planned around this leg. Told to confirm booking 24 hours in advance, a practice I thought had stopped many years ago. When I asked about an upgrade, I was told a 100 FJD rebooking fee was required, plus the cost of the upgrade. As flight was an hour late leaving, we were confined to a small hot area with no toilets and seating for about one third of passengers for over 2 hours.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  19 February 2011 by S Davison   (Australia)

LAX-NAN-BNE. I booked the ticket for a very good price at last minute and was not sure what to expect. Check in at LAX the toughest part - I am a professional musician and fly regularly with my instrument, I was informed at the check-in desk that I would have to pay $50 USD for extra equipment and gate check the instrument as the flight was full and it wouldn't fit in the overheads on a 747-400. Check in clerk got the manager who advised me they would tag the instrument and if the flight crew deemed it too large than I would have to gate check it. This was great as I never have a problem with any flight crew and I know it fits in any over head locker, it's smaller than most peoples carry on bags and very precious to me. LAX-NAN was fully booked and the overhead lockers were packed, I did what I do every flight and presented myself at boarding at the front of the line, secured my space in the overheads and took my seat, we managed to fit everyone's carryon's from the row behind me, my row and the row in front in the over head bin. The food was OK, entertainment system was awful but I never use them. I did manage to catch a movie when I awoke 3 hours outside of Nadi, they seemed to have got the system working by then. Seats were comfortable, cabin crew friendly, more so than Qantas. Nadi was unorganised with 3 departing transfer flights leaving at the same time roughly with one transfer desk with two staff for everyone. I think the entire 747 was transferring. There was also another security check point after the transfer desk which I thought was strange. NAN-BNE was great, on time and no problems on a 737, had an entire row to myself on a 4 hr flight! I didn't bother with the entertainment again as I stretched out and slept the duration of the flight. Got all my luggage with no problems, walked straight out onto the street and into the car. Cheap, good Service, excellent flight crew, good friendly cabin crew, on time and spacious. Against - charges for equipment despite it being my carry on. Food only OK, Entertainment system poor. Management staff at LAX not the best and not that friendly. Will fly with them again if they are the cheapest.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  4 February 2011 by Gary Kumar   (Australia)

Sydney to Nadi. Would say crew were friendly but need to smile a bit more as their slogan says "the worlds friendliest airline". I had flown Air Pacific several times mostly in economy class but have found some serious cost-cutting. The lunch served was shocking, 1 packet of cheap crisp, 1 packet of local savoury bhuja mix and a chicken roll on sweet bread which was disgusting. They still charge a high fare price but customer care is very poor.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  1 February 2011 by Sid Bearak   (USA)

LAX to Auckland return in Business class. While it is not equal to Singapore or Cathy it was well worth the lower price. Great breakfast and good crews. The only problem was the lady who checked us in at LAX who could barely speak understandable English and completely misdirected us. I would fly with them again.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  31 January 2011 by U Anthony   (Australia)

Business Class SYD-NAN. Seats are very old, although we found them quite comfortable for a short trip to Nadi. Service was excellent and food fantastic. Old IFE and very small screens. Great value for money and would fly them again.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  20 January 2011 by Stuart Espey   (Australia)

Air Pacific Business (Tabua) Class SYD-NAN-LAX. Air Pacific Business is a really good premium economy. The seats are business class from 10-20 years ago, and food was economy grade. Staff were lovely. We were flying with a 1 year old, and we were seated in Row 1 on both legs, which meant our daughter had a play area at the nose of the 747. Seats are not lie flat, but are quite comfortable. IFE is woeful. Food/Entertainment was less than other airlines premium economies, but seating/space was better - but not competitive with modern business class. I had a big problem with the cabin being far too hot when they put the lights out, maybe its a Fiji thing. Fiji Business lounge didn't have a lot of substantive food, which was a problem because the meal service on the second leg was at local fiji time, not sydney time - we were very hungry by then.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  14 January 2011 by James Wallace   (USA)

LAX to Auckland with a 3hour stop in Fiji in economy round trip during the Christmas holiday. I received miles with American Airlines immediately after the flights. Flight attendants excellent and kept the bathrooms clean. Food consisted of a sandwich with a glass of wine free, and before landing in Nadi a full hot breakfast. They serve some nice fruit on this flight. The fasten seatbelt sign was turned off five minutes after take-off and not put back on until about eight minutes before landing which means a very smooth flight. I would rate this airline higher than a US airline but not as high as an Asian airline. The use an older 747-400 which has no First Class and a small Business Class section so there are a lot of people on the plane in economy. Many of Air New Zealand's tickets do not include miles (in Economy) with Star Alliance carriers (like United and Continental) and when one flies this many miles it is nice to get them.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  29 October 2010 by A Libien   (Australia)

Air Pacific economy SYD-NAN-HNL and LAX-NAN-SYD. SYD-NAN on 747 was reasonable. Hot lunch served with beverages. Seats reasonably comfortable. FAs quite pleasant. FAs asked passengers to return seats to upright position during mealtimes which I appreciated. NAN-HNL on 737, a small plane for an 8-hour flight. FAs wonderful with humour and a smile. Food was okay, hot breakfast before arrival in HNL. LAX-NAN on 747. Check-in LAX was quick, counters opened nearly 4 hours before flight time. Service superb, meals a bit disappointing for an overnight flight. Transfer in NAN was chaotic and departure lounge at NAN is way too small. One set of toilets for 4 flights in departure lounge. NAN-SYD standard of service dropped markedly. Crew couldn't wait to get to SYD. Overall, we found our Air Pacific experience on 4 flights to be positive.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  4 October 2010 by S Taylor   (New Zealand)

AKL-NAN-AKL Economy class. World's friendliest airline? We didn't get one smile the whole trip! The one and only smile we actually got was from the Air New Zealand check in clerk in Auckland. B767 terribly old, seat was lumpy and had a dip in it so was very hard to get comfortable. Food very poor and not enough. Crew unfriendly and seemed uninterested the whole flight. On the way up there were passengers standing in the cabin talking to each other across the seats, drinking as if they were in a pub. Cabin crew did nothing about it. Way back was a surprisingly spacious B737-700. Same as flight up - food disappointing, crew unfriendly. Although I am not a fan of Air NZ at all, I will certainly pay the extra to fly them next time.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  1 October 2010 by T Richmond   (Australia)

Melbourne to Nadi return, My wife and I bought Qantas Business class flights and were given Air Pacific to fly on - had I known I would not have flown, The seats were large and fairly comfortable but not up to Business Class standards, nothing on the flight was up to standard and I have written a formal letter of Complaint to Qantas as their codeshare partner is well below the business class that I expected. I would only recommend this airline if Air Pacific changed their class to Premium Economy as Business Class is way off the mark in their case.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  27 September 2010 by K Murphy   (UK)

Nadi to LAX. Checked in early and asked for extra legroom exit row seats and quite surprised to be given them! Usually you have to book in advance and pay extra. However, the aircraft seemed very old and the entertainment system is terrible - it's not a touch screen TV and movies are played on loop so you can't pause them - that's even if the movie is playing at all which half of them weren't on our flight. Cabin crew were quite friendly but not overly so. Food bad. 10 hour flight and we got a sandwich and some crisps! Water was offered but it was really warm. We got this as part of a round the world ticket with Qantas but wouldn't recommend you use this airline unless you have to.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  27 September 2010 by D Nichols   (New Zealand)

AKL-NAN September B737-700 clean. Cabin crew indifferent. Cabin Manager friendly and chatty. Excellent welcome on board. Meal was cold and was a hamburger bun with chicken and salad, a small pack of potato chips and two biscuits. Vegetarian option available. Free wine available. IFE drop down screens and showing was a documentary. Overall a pleasant flight. Old 767-300 on the way home. Clean and tidy. Continental breakfast was muesli, fresh fruit, coconut cake, tea or coffee and orange juice. Was very tasty. Staff okay. When offering water later on in flight, cabin manager flew through the cabin with glasses and water so no opportunity to ask for drink at that time.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  3 September 2010 by T Collins   (USA)

Booked a flight from Malololailai to Taveuni via Nadi for part of my honeymoon trip. We checked online the day before to ensure everything was on time and got confirmation that we were good to go. On the day of we headed over to Malololailai only to be told that Air Pacific / Pacific Sun are no longer flying from there. We then proceeded to get a boat and taxi to Nadi but still missed our connection flight from Nadi to Taveuni. Air Pacific told us that they notified us but they did not. We were stuck in Nadi until the next day for the next Taveuni flight. Air Pacific didn't even offer to put us in a hotel for the night. I'm speechless about the whole event. All I can say is if you have a choice, choose another airline. Its not worth risking your vacation.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  27 August 2010 by B Elliot   (Australia)

SYD-NAN return B744 Service. Overall, an excellent experience. Crew gracious and attentive yet unobtrusive and kept drinks refreshed. The seats are showing their age, but I find the old wide and padded cradle seats quite comfortable, especially for short haul international flights. AV is poor - not AVOD and screens are so small. Meals were of an economy class standard, but served with business class service. For the price - would do it again.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  3 August 2010 by Steve Jacques   (Australia)

BNE-NAN-BNE Business Class. Flight departing BNE comfortable enough but dated Business Class seats and older plane. Food was excellent and customer service good outward and return. Good IFE with a portable movie player. It seems when things go well they go well, but when things go wrong it seems disastrous!

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  25 July 2010 by S Kazim   (UAE)

We were a group of 7 flying Business class from NAN-HKG. Upon check in, shocked to be told that the flight was cancelled. No one called us beforehand. Total chaos at the airport and apparently there were other flights to MEL and SYD from a day before that were also cancelled due to technical reasons. Total incompetence prevailed and just 1 staff serving a huge line of pax at the service desk. Absolutely no consideration or preference for premium fare pax. Not for all the money would I ever fly this airline again or recommend it to anyone.

AIR PACIFIC customer review :  1 July 2010 by Peter Hauser   (Australia)

SYD-NAN in economy and NAN-LAX in business class. Air Pacific economy is rudimentary, and that's putting it politely. There is an extra inch of legroom over most other airlines' economy classes, but that's where the superiority ends. One major bugbear was the time it took to collect the trays after dinner - a full two hours after putting them in front of us. Dinner itself was less-than-ordinary pasta made with mystery-meat. Wines were the cheapest bulk-buy available. IFE was a tiny screen with a serious colour-balance and contrast problem, but it worked in the front economy cabin, unlike the seats down the back. The staff were pleasant and polite, but I got the impression they felt intimidated by the passengers. Air Pacific economy is pretty awful. Air Pacific business class is a throwback to the early 1990's, but it's much better than their economy. The cabin is in the nose of the 747. Seats recline to about 150 degrees. Food quite good - delicious fried-rice snack on departure from Nadi, and a huge breakfast before arrival at Los Angeles. Breakfast was substantially larger and tastier than the offering in Qantas business a couple of weeks later. The FA who looked after Biz on our flight was charming and professional. We arrived on time at LAX, and unfortunately we parked at a remote gate so disembarking before the economy passengers was of no benefit. I was happy with Air Pacific biz, and for the bargain-basement fare we paid it was great value for money. Economy was not great, though, which markedly effects my overall score.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8