PAGE loading ... please wait!

Olympic Airlines Passenger Reviews and Olympic Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Star Ranking Suspended

Add your Olympic Airlines Review

Olympic Airlines Star ranking suspended

Customer Review scoring : Olympic Airlines
3.9 out of 10  3.9 out of 10

1 2 3

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  15 August 2011 by R Carvell   (UK)

Flew to Corfu with Sky Wings, aircraft was tired the seats were ripped, the trays had been broken and there was no leg room.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  2 June 2011 by R Dunigan   (Canada)

ATH-CHQ return. Q400 outbound, A320 on return, aircraft clean and well maintained. FA's friendly and attentive, snacks and beverages offered on both segments. On time departures and arrivals.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  28 September 2009 by F Nelson   (Austria)

We recently flew with Olympic Airlines. of our flights were delayed between a half an hour and two and a half hours. Our luggage was delayed by over twenty four hours. I would not recommend this airline.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  28 September 2009 by Chris Fox   (Australia)

Athens-Belgrade on ATR 72. Unique experience at Athens in the check-in queue with multiple flights departing in short space of time and 2 staff on duty. Subsequent mini-riot ensued with some of the local customers having to be subdued by the airport security. The flight was pleasant enough with a meal served. The 2 male flight attendants were pleasant enough. The most amusing part was ordering a cup of tea and having him return with multiple cups on the one tray, apparently made with the one teabag!

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  22 September 2009 by V Grigoropoulos   (Greece)

Athens-Milan return. Olympic Airlines has 3 more weeks of life until the new (private) Olympic Air takes on. Both legs of this trip were satisfactory enough. Smooth check-in, flights on time, good service (great food and drinks for a relatively short flight), adequate flight attendants (Olympic style for those who know). The aircraft, a B737-400 was quite old and rusty but did the job!

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  18 September 2009 by N Batchelor   (Greece)

EFL (Kefalonia) - ATH - LHR. Check-in it's usual chaos at EFL but completed in time to get everyone onto the ATR72 ready for on time departure - flight uneventful and quick with juice, coffee and cake provided. ATH-LHR was 20 minutes, no boarding announcement was made, the doors to the jet bridge were opened and everyone just piled on! Boeing 737-400 has to be the worst aircraft I have ever had the pleasure to fly, bits held together with tape, worn and dirty carpets, disgusting, old and worn lavatories etc. Legroom was good, hot and not unpleasant breakfast was served by a disinterested and clearly bored crew. The Purser having served her few Business Class passengers sat herself down on a jump seat a read a book for the majority of the 4 hour flight, with the rest of the crew retreating to the rear galley never to be seen again until arrival. I have flown Olympic many times and have always found them to be a good airline but not any more.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  15 September 2009 by Mark Wadham   (France)

FRA to ATH was quite good, and as the plane was 2/3 full there was plenty of space. Flight attendants attentive and professional. However disaster struck on the return leg - I selected my seat online the day before travel. Having flown on a 737-400 outward I was surprised to see a 3-2 seat configuration on the return. I selected row 24 (designated emergency on the plan) as being in a 2 seat section. I reconfirmed this selection at the check-in desk at the airport where I was informed that the flight would be operated by Sky Wings Airlines and not Olympic. We were bussed to a tatty ancient MD83 where the cabin was full of peeling off sticky tape and greek labels covering over the original spanish ones. The seats and carpets were grimy. Then the real problem - the configuration 3-2 was inversed compared to the plan and the emergency exit supposedly in row 24 was in fact in rows 22 and 23. The seating is extremely cramped on this charter-style aircraft. Furthermore I question the reliability of the seats to protect in accident - the seatback stopped at the level of my neck thus making whiplash injuries inevitable. Flight attendants, although pleasant seemed inefficient making constant returns between the trolley and galley during meal service. I was served my breakfast, but my adjacent passenger had to wait over 10 minutes longer before receiving his. Breakfast consisted of rubberized omelette, frankfurter and 3 canned mushrooms, plus a chocolate cup-cake. The flight arrived in Frankfut 40 minutes late after what was supposedly an ATC delay. I was thankful to get off this miserable flight. If I book Olympic I expect to fly Olympic and not a fourth rate charter airline. Next time I'll take Aegean or EasyJet - just to make sure I won't end up on Sky Wings.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  18 August 2009 by P Kitsos   (Switzerland)

Madrid-Athens-Thessaloniki and Thessaloniki-Stuttgart. Olympic airlines is in terminal phase as the company closes in September. But with the disastrous image last month given by Olympic, I don't know if it will remains passengers. MAD-ATH was operated by Air Comet, a Spanish charter company with two hours of delay. No refreshment was given due to the delay. The plane was an old A320, but nice staff. ATH-SKG without any indication delayed one hour. Old B737 but clean and comfortable. SKG-STR chaotic. Two counters opened at the airport for all Olympic flights. At luggage check in, we are informed that the flight will be operated by Sky Wings, a Greek charter airlines who owns two old (1989) MD-83.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  8 August 2009 by S Delorme   (France)

Paris to Alexandria via Athens. On the plus side: the planes are not new but seemed well maintained, cabin clean if not freshly upholstered. The cabin crew were overall friendly enough, and seemed experienced and charismatic. Connecting flight Athens to Alexandria was late, no information as to why the delay, nobody at the gate, then the pilots and crew arrived at the gate at the time we were supposed to be taking off, looking very cross and agitated, nobody at the gate to let them onto the plane, were stuck waiting with the passengers when they should have been preparing for the flight and were clearly dissatisfied. Then 15 mins after they got onto the aircraft we were called to board, and the woman making the announcement slipped in very fast and casually that "the flight would be operated by skywings", half the passengers didn't notice it had been said at all - a chartered plane which looked shabby, and asked before boarding why it was not an Olympic flight, which I'd booked specifically. They replied that Olympic had run out of aircraft and had chartered this one but that we should have been informed of it beforehand. Of course we had not, and they were forcing people at the last minute to just step into a plane. I refused to board the plane as the new regulations stipulate that an airline has to inform its passengers in advance if it has hired another carrier (not 2 minutes before boarding) and it is my right as a passenger to refuse to be treated like cattle with a total lack of transparency. The flight manager was tough and only agreed to allow me to rebook the following flight once he understood I would not let go and I knew what I was talking about. He offered no excuse for the treatment we received, apart from saying the check-in staff were in the wrong for not informing us and the airline was closing down next month and re-opening under another management. Despite the airline being in the wrong, the hotel was not paid for us. The following day, my new booking had not been registered and the manager had to be called so that I could be put on the flight.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  28 July 2009 : by Stefanos Kordas   (USA)

This is an airline in the terminal phases of existence. It is a sad shadow of it's former self. Perhaps the unions need to consider what role they played in this Company's demise? New owners not even interested in maintaining an international route structure. How smart can they be? Just flew Athens to NYC in business. Which is a major misnomer. There was marginal food, mediocre looking cabin (at best) and nonexistent traditional business services - no travel bag, no duty free, poor entertainment system.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  20 July 2009 : by Linda Gass   (USA)

We were on flight OA412 from JFK to Athens on June 3rd 2009. Passengers were not given a definite reason for the cancellation or offered another flight. When we arrived at Athens airport our connecting flight to Crete was also cancelled. We lost one and a half days of our vacation in Crete and had to pay for our room there to hold our reservation. It was horrible.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  16 July 2009 : by Martchela Koleva   (Bulgaria)

My flight Johanesburg-Athens-Sofia was delayed for more than 12 hours. No help at the Athens airport. If you ask them what's happening, all they tell you is "We do not speak English!".

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  29 June 2009 : by C Ioannou   (UK)

LHR-ATH return. Outward flight 50% full and return only 25% full, and yet still the prevailing attitude of both cabin crews was generally sullen, unsmiling service and no attempt to engage with customers. On both flights after the meal was cleared away (only one hour into the flight) the crew disappeared and were nowhere to be seen. On the return leg I went to ask for a glass of water at the back of the plane (A340) and a curtain had been firmly drawn across the galley area as if to say 'we are not available so don't disturb us under any circumstances'. The crew are so disinterested in the passengers I wonder if they have any idea that they are working in a service industry. The planes are old (I don't think Olympic have bought a new one for at least 15 years), shabby and past their best. The only reason I flew Olympic on this occasion is because they were cheap.

OLYMPIC AIRLINES review :  29 June 2009 : by M Dada   (USA)

ATH-HER. Check-in at ATH is a nightmare. Olympic have a number of counters but hardly any staff on them. The check-in queue fr a 40 minute flight took nearly an hour. Further 2 hour delay on the flight, initiated by no staff at the gate to open the flight without any explanation on screens or through announcements. Much rather travel with Aegean, who are more professional.

1 2 3