Olympic Air Passenger Reviews and Olympic Air Customer Opinions

Olympic Air Customer Trip Reviews

Olympic Air 3-Star Airline Ranking

Olympic Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Olympic Air Economy class seat reviews

Olympic Air Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Michael Tong (Singapore)

Our flight was scheduled for 1450hrs, but we were delayed at security screening due to the long queue and we came from a connecting flight. When we rushed to the boarding gate at 1440hrs, we were unable to board. The gate controller wanted to help us but somebody on the other end of her walkie-talkie refused to let us board. The bus driver was waiting to rush us to the plane but in the end everything was in vain. We had to get another pair of tickets for a next day flight and spend the night at the airport as a result. The plane did not even attempt to wait for us but preferred to take the time to offload out luggage. In all experiences flying, although not required, all airlines planes have always given an unspoken grace period of perhaps 5-10 mins for late passengers, some even longer as connecting passengers have to rush through gates. We would not have gone past 5 mins boarding time and Olympic Air refused to wait. We forfeited a booked hotel night stay and had a bad experience with getting another ticket.

Olympic Air Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Stuart Reay (Australia)

Very quick 40 minute flight from Athens to Mykonos and back. Great helpful staff and they tried to serve a drink each way and a snack but ran out of time. New aircraft and comfortable economy seating.

Olympic Air Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Konstantinos Kotzaridis (Germany)

Flight from Milos to Athens. Aircraft dash 8-100, old but with a clean cabin. Very good service for a 35 mins flight.

Flight from Athens to Vienna in business class. Very nice service from the crew and a fantastic breakfast. Aircraft was a new airbus A319.

Olympic Air Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Guy Mordo (Israel)

Flew OA on 21st July, Athens - Corfu route. Flight operated by bombardier Q800 aircraft. Before take off cabin was too hot. Airplane is not convenient if you have special needs. Aisle was very thin, and the toilet was so small it was hard to move with the door closed. I will avoid this airline.

Olympic Air Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Fang Jun (China)

From Athens to Santorini. The flying time was so short, around 35 mins. But served cookies and hot drinks. The flight departed from Athens on time. Flight announcement was clear and correct.

Olympic Air Customer review :  8 June 2013 by K Kokkas (Greece)

SMI-ATH-SMI route (once or twice a month). OA uses small Bombardier airplanes whose seats do not recline. There is enough leg space (I am 185cm) and the seat width is fine. There is no inflight entertainment. The personnel has always been very polite and helpful. The only problem with OA are the outrageously high prices for its domestic flights, especially for destinations like SMI, where there is no competition.

Olympic Air Customer review :  29 May 2013 by S Kantouris (Greece)

I fly with Olympic, Athens-Istanbul-Athens twice a month for the last 3 years and I'm very satisfied. They provide nice meals (even on short flights). What I dislike is that they partially switched to the Dash 8 Q 400 turboprops, from the A320 for some destinations (Istanbul included sometimes). I'd recommend them.

Olympic Air Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Michael Little (Australia)

Athens-Limnos on a Q400. Check in quick and efficient. Boarding by bus, but quite efficient too. The flight left five minutes early and arrived 15 minutes early. It was smooth, and the friendly crew worked very hard to get everyone a drink and nuts on this 40-min flight. There was ample leg room. A good experience.

Olympic Air Customer review :  9 October 2012 by Georgios Vrontos (Greece)

ATH-BEG-ATH with Q400 both flights were 5-7 minutes late. When I was web-check in I forgot the type of the aircraft and I checked a seat on the sun side. That is a problem because the aircraft has no shades. The service was excellent with very friendly staff but with an unfriendly / noisy aircraft.

Olympic Air Customer review :  25 September 2012 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Took a flight from Belgrade to Athens which was fairly empty. Friendly ish crew who brought a seemingly never ending supply of drinks plus a snack comprising a nice-enough sandwich and a delicious chocolate croissant. All on time.

Olympic Air Customer review :  30 August 2012 by Stéphane Dagot    (France)

ATH-LRS-SMI-ATH. Olympic has improved very much over the years: good check-in with friendly agents. Onboard, smart cabin crews who provide a good and smiling service. The transfer of our luggage to Paris was perfect, I would fly them again.

Olympic Air Customer review :  30 August 2012 by J Moore    (UK)

I have to admit to being somewhat concerned about booking Olympic Air but Aegean was very expensive in comparison. So I booked 2 tickets to/from Athens to Heraklion. The web-site was easy to navigate and the process simple. We did have one slight schedule change on our outbound flight which didn't affect our plans. We checked-in on-line the day before each flight and printed our boarding cards, bag drop was easy to find and our bags were taken quickly. Boarding in Athens a bit late but we made up the time en route. Aircraft in both directions a Q-400 which was bright and clean. We didn't expect anything on-board but were surprised to be served a beverage and a packet of nuts/cookie. Cabin crew were well presented and couldn't do enough. All in all a great experience.

Olympic Air Customer review :  25 August 2012 by S Messenger    (UK)

I have just returned from Zante and I found that both flights were what I'd expect from any other company. Seats were comfortable however there was not much leg room. Flights were on time both inbound and outbound, although there was a flight to Manchester with Olympic at the same time as ours to Gatwick which was delayed overnight.

Olympic Air Customer review :  17 July 2012 by M Tossounian    (UK)

Flew Mykonos to Athens with Olympic Air in Premium Economy. Check in was polite and efficient. Aircraft was clean inside and out, had seat 3A. Pre take off drink was served. Left on time and a filling and tasty snack of pasta salad and a cake was served with a drink by 2 polite and professional cabin crew. A very comfortable flight and we landed on time. Would recommend Olympic Air and would choose them again.

Olympic Air Customer review :  16 July 2012 by Minas Sotirakopoulos    (Greece)

I am a Gold member in both Greek airlines (Aegean-Olympic Air) traveling over 100 times a year and I have to admit that Olympic Air is below expectations especially in Ground services (Lounges - Luggage priority services). They must: Renovate their Lounges in Athens Airport as soon as possible. Dramatically improve their Luggage priority service. Improve their unacceptable prices and value for money for local flights.

Olympic Air Customer review :  3 July 2012 by Chris Tomko    (USA)

After an extreme delay in Milan on Aegean and missing my flight to Mykonos I was rebooked on Olympic Air. I took my new ticket and other Aegean info the Olympic counter to check in as I was told. I had been up all night with no sleep and after handing the agent the new tickets and my passport and my old Aegean ticket he literally threw it back at me and said "you are flying Aegean not Olympic" and rolled his eyes. After a deep breath I informed him I had been rebooked and he then asked why I didn't show him the new ticket in a nasty tone. I informed him I handed him the new ticket with my passport and if he took time he would have noticed. I asked him politely why he literally threw the papers at me even if I was flying with Aegean and if that was how he was trained to deal with the public. I also asked him if I needed a manager to check me in. Then after no apology he then checked me in and I was on my way. I go to Greece often and this experience is why I usually try to fly Aegean. The flight itself was a joke. They set up the beverage cart to serve two people (me and one other in front) and then took cart to back to breakdown. But everyone was nice except the ticket agent.

Olympic Air Customer review :  9 December 2011 by Sasun Vartanyan    (USA)

Flew several legs, Athens to Heraklion to Rhodes domestic, as well as Athens Tirana international. Even on the short haul flights, they had some sort of food and beverage service, other than the chaotic embarkation process, the flight and attendant experiences were very pleasant.

Olympic Air Customer review :  16 November 2011 by P Papa    (Australia)

Travelled from Athens-Rome then to Paris and London over a 3 week period. The cabin was clean and staff were attentive, polite and well presented. I will travel with them again in the future, true value for money.

OLYMPIC AIR review :  22 October 2011 by G Stragalinos   (Australia)

Athens to Kos and back. Both flights on time, aircraft new and clean. Ground staff and cabin crew nice and helpful. Happy with the whole experience.

OLYMPIC AIR review :  18 October 2011 by D Petsikas   (Greece)

ATH-LCA-ATH, on clean and comfortable A320 with plenty of leg room in economy. Efficient crew provided excellent service on both segments of the trip. Sufficient cold meal for this short flight, free drinks including wine and beer. Luggage was delivered quickly.

OLYMPIC AIR review :  30 September 2011 by J Priest   (UK)

2 hour delay going out from Birmingham only to be told when we were up in the air that we would be landing in Greece to refuel and no one could provide us with an explanation. The plane was dirty with rubbish on the floor and in the back of seats, chewing gum stuck to the side of the chair. They missed our meals out and we had to point it out, staff throughout the flight were chewing which was unprofessional. On the return we were delayed for 15 hrs with no explanation what so ever, we were given a 3.50 euro voucher. Instead of returning on 24th we returned on the 25th. We will not be travelling with them again.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  11 September 2011 : by A Hashim    (Malaysia)

Despite the delay departure of 30 mins from Athens to Tirana due to system's break down, the flight went smoothly. I was excited onboard DHC-8-400 for the first time. The plane was clean and seems new. The onboard crew were friendly and helpful. The refreshment service for this 1 hr 15 mins flight was rendered efficiently.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  31 August 2011 : by John Plevris    (UK)

Athens to Chania Crete, return. A pleasant surprise given previous problems with Olympic airlines. New aircraft A320 both ways, clean, pleasant friendly staff, excellent door-to-door service for my elderly parents on the way to Chania, no delays.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  9 August 2011 : by Ilias Vounelakis    (Greece)

Athens-Kythira Island (ATH-KIT) on a Bombardier Dash-8-Q400 NextGen. This is a Public Obligation Service route in Greece and the price is reasonable (120 euros return ticket). The flight takes only 30-35 minutes. The cabin interior was clean and modern and the cabin crew very good offering a small snack and bar service to a full load of 78 passengers in such a short flight.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  26 July 2011 : by Stathis Panagiotopoulos    (Greece)

I found a good deal from Athens to Vienna return. I went on Airbus A319 (SX-OAF). The plane was clean, the seat pitch good but not as good as the seat pitch of Boeing 737-300/400. The staff were friendly and the menu good. I returned on another A319. Was very full because Austrian Airlines cancelled their flight to Athens. The only problem is that they don't fly to destinations in Europe.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  15 July 2011 : by Boudewijn Van Sante    (Netherlands)

ATH-AMS. Check in a breeze, friendly ground staff and at the gate. Punctual departure, candy given for departure and hot lunch and 2 rounds of drinks offered on this 3h10min flight. Young and friendly staff also showed interest in passengers and cared for flight safety. Flight was only half full, but this airline is definitely a good deal nowadays both in price and service. On time arrival and bags showed up soon. They are better value then most competitors. No IFE though in this new A320.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  30 June 2011 : by S Giaerl    (Greece)

ATH-RHO excellent and new A320 aircraft, smiley crew and very helpful, leather seats, excellent service and enough legroom. The flight was on time. Excellent take off and Landing.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  4 May 2011 : by A Wisniewski    (Philippines)

ATH-CHQ return. Nice new aircraft in both directions, ATR-72 and A320 with leather seats and good seat pitch. Check-in fast in Athens, onboard service was great, and surprised to get a meal on short flight. The only annoying thing - we checked in an hour and 45 minutes ahead in Chania (a bit early I know) and the staff were present but made all of us wait another 20 minutes until they opened the counter. Other than that, we had a good experience with Olympic.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  14 December 2010 : by N Antony    (UK)

EFL-ATH-LHR return. Can't fault a thing really, good snacks and coffee served on the short hop to Athens, a good hot lunch / dinner served by very attentive crew on LHR sectors, seating comfortable with more than adequate leg room although some form of entertainment would have been appreciated. Service only slightly marred by being told by a crew member that they would only serve me two white wines as if I was some school child! All flights on time, baggage delivery at LHR painfully slow though which needs some attention but not really the airlines fault.

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  9 December 2010 : by T Gouwerok    (Netherlands)

AMS-MUC by Lufthansa - my flight AMS-KTM was cancelled due to weather. I was rerouted via Athens by Olympic. My two bags were not accepted by Olympic Air unless I paid 160 euro for the flight to Athens. The fact that Lufthansa had accepted the luggage made no difference. I refused to pay and had to call family to collect one of the bags. At the gate I was told that there was no meal for me. I got the lame excuse that my booking was made at the last minute. Had they told my while checking in I could at least have bought some sandwiches at Schiphol. After arrival in Athens and while checking in, it became clear the my luggage was only labelled to Athens despite my request to label it all the way to KTM. My booking was all the way to KTM on one PNR. Filing a complaint with Olympic Air customer service produced a deafening silence. Beware of these amateurs!

OLYMPIC AIR customer review :  6 December 2010 : by R Vilander    (Finland)

JTR-ATH on DHC-8. Plane loaded due to ferry cancellations. Very small overhead bins. Enough legroom for a short flight. Service was drink with cookies/sandwich - surprised on such a short flight. FAs quite friendly.

1 2