Oasis Hong Kong Airlines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Add your Review

9 April 2008 : Oasis Hong Kong ceased trading

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by B Crockford

4 April 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

HKG-YVR economy one way in March. Just about OK for the price. Check-in team at HKG were lethargic. Cabin crew were disinterested even though we were with young children. Food acceptable. IFE did not work properly and childrens channel was only available in Cantonese despite being advertised as English + Canto. Requests for help were ignored. Came back on CX and got upgraded so that cements my decision when travelling alone in future.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by V Collins

20 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

LGW-HKG return. Plenty of leg room, food good for airline food, staff attentive. Toilets impeccable next morning. Return flight, food a bit ropey, but how much do you need with a 00.50 take off. Again good legroom, plenty of water available. Both ways, staff attentive. Only complaint was that air conditioning on return journey was a bit fierce. Check-in both ways very efficient and quick.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by K Yeung

17 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

LGW-HKG return economy. Bought the tickets a year early so very cheap. Meals average economy meals. Crew nice and attentive. Sat next to emergency exit, person sitting next to me had a broken entertainment unit (tv would not stay up). If you sit next to the emergency door, and have taken your shoes off, you will feel a noticeable draft coming in through the door, also leaving your feet extremely cold.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by M Archer

14 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

Business class return LGW-Hong Kong. Lounge at LGW is superior to Hong Kong, and as we had a long wait it was a disapPointment. FortunatEly the airport offer good restaurants. The entertainment did not work both way. Our seats were reserved on the upper deck both ways but for the return journey we were moved to the lower middle section because of faulty entertainment system again! Our new seats were a disaster as we were sitting next to the galley - when we asked to be moved to our previous seats we were told the upper deck was full - we were able to move to another row but still had a poor night sleep due to the constant go and forth of the crew opening and closing closets. The seats are hard and the old kind. The food was bad both ways so we pleased we had our meal before departure. The only good word I can say is about the crew very attentive and helpful, but they need to be. I will think twice before flying with Oasis again.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Chris Matthews

13 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

LGW-HKG return. Used Oasis as a cheap way down to Perth, Australia (Tiger Airlines onward Macau to Perth). Good value for money. Legroom acceptable, plenty of soft drinks and water and more if you asked. Food acceptable from LGW but pretty inedible from HKG - much on a par with 80's charter airline catering. Check in at HKG was slow with only one operator for Economy section. I'd use them again, due to LGW being very convenient for me and saving about 80 on Cathay, BA etc.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by K Reid

10 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Yvr-HKG economy return. Could not fault the airline except the fact that not enough water was offered. Got 4 cups each way which for a 11-14 hr flight is not enough. IFE worked, meals were enough - plane was a little tatty but comfortable.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by M Quinn

2 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW-HKG-LGW, Y class. Online booking and check in worked perfectly. Excellent onboard service, crew attentive and helpful. Flights on time, seats comfortable, IFE pretty good. Food bad. The price is unbeatable.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by M Hebblewhite

17 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Just returned from HKG-LGW economy yesterday. Flights there and back were on time. We found the cabin crew very helpful and friendly. They made sure everyone had cold drinks throughout the flight (free) in addition to the two meals. We thought meals were excellent. There was sufficient leg room, and the flight was as comfortable as an 11-hour flight in economy can be. There was a problem with the video screens on the way out - several of the channels weren't available, but there were more channels on the return flight. All in all, we thought the service was very good for a low- budget airline.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by H Yang

15 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

We just returned from HKG-LGW economy. It was 12 hours flight and the entertainment only work for about an hour - and staff were very child unfriendly both ways. Food was OK. Will not use Oasis HK again!

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by L Miles

7 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

LGW - HK economy. Check-in quick and efficient, reserved the seats 72hours earlier which worked well. Old plane a bit tatty, IFE entertainment worked for about 20 minutes then only the first 7 channels (1 english movie). Food the same as most carriers and Flight attendants good. Plenty of drink runs with no charges for soft drinks. Return flight on a slightly younger plane seats bigger and no problems with IFE. Both flights on time. One problem is the late departure time from HK If I travel again on this service I would book an extra night in the hotel otherwise its 13 hours from a midday checkout to takeoff.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Brian Elliott

4 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW-HKG-LGW Economy - an excellent flight for the price. Efficient check in both on-line and at luggage handover. Food excellent and staff friendly and attentive. No problems with IFE and seating comfortable despite my height (6'4"). For a budget airline, I found them to be extremely good and excellent value for money and would have no hesitation in using them again.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Andrew Guiver

4 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Business Class Vancouver to Hong Kong. Flight on time. Crew excellent, food OK, seats old style yet comfortable (upper deck exit row had excellent leg room) Great value for money Will fly Oasis again.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Chris Rogers

27 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

I travelled Christmas time, with my wife and 5 month old child in economy. Paid full child fare for the baby to guarantee seat with baby bassinet for flights both ways. I realise this is a budget airline, cost was right and did not expect too much. On flight from HK to London, failed to get family into bassinet seats, telephone service operator could not or were unwilling to assist. Oasis agents at the airport had to sort the matter out, their service and concern was excellent and managed to get family seated with baby facility seats. Return journey, did not manage to get baby bassinet seats, customer service UK useless, not concerned, thought it was good to actually seat baby alone a few seats back from parents. Again, agents at the airport were excellent, got us a row of four seats but not in bassinet section, this was taken by travellers without children, yet flight had at least 4 babies onboard. As a regular flyer to London and regionally, really disappointed, I thought it axiomatic that young babies flying get priority for bassinet seats, particularly if you pay full children's fare. All I can say, if flying on your own, you get a reasonable deal, if flying as a family, use BA or Cathay.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by T Judd

17 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW -HKG return. Booked economy class, and upgraded to business on the first leg. Crew were very attentive, many offers of drink. Seating comfortable (especially on 1st leg), economy a little tight but we managed a good sleep from HKG Food was nothing special (even in business) but you get what you pay for. Would use again and recommend.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Marc Lucas

17 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW-HKG Business Class. Lounge at Gatwick was hideous on the ground floor - nicer on the 1st floor, but still not an Executive Lounge. Upper deck Business Class feels claustrophobic and cramped, if you can get in the nose on the lower deck there is much more space. We moved to the lower deck but not in the nose as it was full. Flight Attendants very attentive and offered one of the friendliest services I have had. The food isn't up to much - it was adequate, and we could have as much to drink as we wanted, including spirits and even managed to get Champagne. Managed to get some sleep - I was expecting to get more, but its comfortable enough.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by M Brierley

10 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Cheap but poor. Cabin was too hot with all passengers complaining, but the crew did not lower the cabin temperature. To add to the problem they could only supply thimble sized cups of water for the sweltering passengers. Return flight delayed by 12hrs. Cancelled the flight and flew back with BA - what a difference. Refund was agreed upon cancellation. 3 months later and still waiting for refund. Complaint has been handled so poorly and I had to phone Hong Kong as they only have call handling staff in the UK. My advice, fly with BA or Emirates.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Frank Winter

10 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

HKG-VYR in Economy on old ANA plane (90 % full) . YVR-HKG in Economy on old Singapore Airlines plane (60 % full). Contrary to what others wrote here, I found the old Singapore Airlines plane much nicer. The ANA plane feels very old and much more cramped (although I think they have the same seating plan). I paid extra to book the emergency seat as I was quite concerned about legroom. However I think exit seat is not necessary as normal seat pitch seemed okay. Emergency exit seat felt very narrow due to the IFE and table stored inside the armrests. Food average to bad and extremely small portions, definitely not enough for a 12 hour flight! On the ANA plane my IFE was not working properly: only 6 out of 20 channels available which made the flight very boring (even the 20 channels not enough as mostly chinese and children movies). At check-in they had told me about an unspecified problem with my IFE and promised reimbursement for the booking fee for exit seat (400 HKD), which was credited to my credit card within one week. Flight times are pretty good especially YVR-HKG arriving 2200 which means you can go to bed straight after arrival. Overall you get what you pay for (HKD 5,000 return in Christmas time!). After this flight I realized I really prefer an IFE with video-on-demand and a good movie selection as I can hardly sleep on any long-haul flight. Plus I like to have edible food in normal portions. I will not fly economy class with Oasis again (use SIA and CX instead) but might consider business class if Oasis has a good deal.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by J Fong

10 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

I was really happy with our flights in and out of Vancouver. The check in service was excellent and staff friendly and helpful. The service onboard was great. Great value !!

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by G Pickford

9 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

I have flown 6 times from Gatwick to Hong Kong (as my daughter lives there now) with Oasis in economy class. With most other airlines, the prices are prohibitive in school holidays, whereas with Oasis (if booked early enough), the prices remain reasonable. Theleg room was comfortable and the staff were friendly and efficient.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Wesley Janetka

5 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

YVR-HKG return in Business Class. Friendly cabin crew eager to please, excellent service. The food was good. The seats while not as advanced compared to CX or AC, are suited for a comfortable flight. I enjoyed the lounge at Vancouver, much larger than the one in Hong Kong, but the latter's airport is much more amazing and you can walk around for exercise instead and take in the sights. Food and service coming out of HKG was even better - flight attendants introducing themselves, and delivering meals by tray instead of trolley. I reserved three seats on the upper deck online, very easy to use. I recommend OasisHongKong for flying to Asia, and for the discount Business Class Fare.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by L Davidson

2 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

YVR-HKG Flew out economy which was full. Check in easy, seat was like all other economy seats on other airlines. Meal and service was good. Coming back we did business. Check in fast, Lounge was great (maybe a little small), service on board was outstanding. The staff are young and fun. A nice change from the older airlines. I would not hesitate to fly with them again. I would suggest business class if you can do it. It is a great product for its price.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Glenn Watson

1 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

Economy back YVR-HKG return. Fare about 30-50% cheaper than alternative direct flights (Air Canada & Cathay Pacific). Young, friendly flight attendants. Good service. Only negatives were poor picture quality on IFE going to HKG and only 1 meal choice for both meals coming back from HKG. Economy section about 95% full going to HKG and about 90% full coming back from HKG. Excellent value for money. Would consider flying with them again.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Martin Webber

30 December 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Business Class HKG-LGW - flight delayed by 12 hours. No overnight accommodation offered and I was told to contact Customer Services on return to UK if I wished to complain. This I did. Customer Services totally ignored several emails but eventually sent a one line reply saying that no compensation would be paid for the delay. I wrote direct to Customer Relations in Hong Kong (six weeks ago) but they have ignored my letter. Overall a very negative experience.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Jim Macfarlane

20 December 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Business class both ways, basically to get a seat we could sleep in and that worked well. The waiting lounges were also good. Cabin staff ideal. Flight times help with sleep and there is no advantage in getting a window seat as you see nothing. We used the MyOasis webpage and had difficulty with advanced reservations which kept cancelling. The facility changed to 'online booking' in the last two days and this worked but we feel reserving by phone is safest. We will go again by Oasis.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Lee Hadfield

26 November 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

The fleet of Oasis its made up of ex Singapore and ANA aircraft. Both aircraft have an age and configuration difference. Both type of aircraft are used on all routes. We flew economy LGW-HGK on the ex ANA aircraft. We had no complaints, in fact I was impressed. The seat had plenty of leg room (Im 6ft 3") and was comfortable, PTV entertainment included new and old movies. Our return flight to LGW was on the ex Singapore aircraft, its the same product but I found this aircraft a little tired, seats narrow and inflight entertainment quality (same films as out bound) was very poor, so much so we turned it off. Soft drinks are free during the flight and meals are small but acceptable. Cabin crew delightful. I was able to check-in on line 72 hours before departure and select seats without a charge. This airline is not British Airways quality so if you don't benchmark them alongside them you will not be disappointed. I feel they're trying very hard to deliver a comparable product, with good value for money.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by K Obenson

23 November 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

YVR-HKG return Business Class. Check in rapid. Pre-board lounge great if a little small. Onboard, large spacious seats, cabin decor a bit worn. FAs young and eager to please - very attentive. Food of good quality with liberal amounts of alcohol. Bathrooms clean. Return of same high quality though preboard lounge in HKG even smaller than YVR. IFE dated and could be improved. Excellent bargain for service.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Anne Cattermull

14 November 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Good value for money, although the comfort factor matched the price - ie low. Seats narrow and little legroom. Booking straightforward, able to reserve seats (for a price), check-in highly efficient with desk opening early, and flight arrived on time. Food basic but perfectly edible and cabin crew offered a pleasant service with plenty of water. Aircraft a bit tatty - out of a family of four at least one of us had a screen/headset/audio+fillm service that didn't work each way. Going out the seat in front of me came back further than it was meant to so that it was difficult to close my tray and very hard to get any sleep. On the way back part of the head support came off in my hand. But frankly the price was so good that we didn't really mind.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Bob Seager

9 November 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW-HKG Business Class. Flight delayed for 13 hrs. Put up in hotel and given 20 for Dinner and a further 20 for Breakfast. Once underway we were very comfortable, the crew attentive. Service a little chaotic and there seemed to be a lot of rushing around. We put this down to a lack of experience. Return service fantastic, calm and attentive. We were lucky to get the ex ANA aircraft with flatbeds from the 1st class section. Good product and value for money. The delay was a nuisance and is one problem with a small fleet - no backup available.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by C Waugh

26 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

HKG - LGW in economy. Reserved an exit row seat, which meant that legroom was fantastic, though ensure you get the aisle or the middle in exit rows, since the window legroom is obstructed by the main door. Seat was comfortable but narrow. FA's helpful, genuine and responsive, though maybe not as experienced yet. Food quality decent (ordered diabetic meal), though price e for alcoholic drinks put me off wanting to have any wine! IFE good, even if movies are a little old, there is still the chance you haven't seen one, or want to see it again! Overall, this was a good experience and better than expected. Only criticism is that they could perhaps brighten up their interiors, the colour scheme is a bit dark and somewhat 'depressing' in nature! For the cost I would not hesitate to fly again and they are great alternative to the 'full service' airlines that fly out of HK to Europe, on which I have had far worse experiences. I like the fact that now I have a reasonable low fare airline option.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Colin Pay

26 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW-HKG return economy. Just over 500 total for my wife and myself is great value. Paid 60 extra to book seats at rear that are only doubles (last 4 rows each side), plenty of leg room, service and food better than expected. IFE not that hot, my wife still managed to watch 6 films. Return aircraft a bit tatty also had a strange smell. Overall a good experience. Both flights also left on time and arrived early.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by B Stewart

23 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

LGW-HKG Oasis Business. Surly check in staff at LGW assured both my colleague and I that we had aisle seats. Upon boarding realised that only I had an aisle. Inflight crew could do nothing as the flight was packed. It took nearly two hours to be served dinner and repeated use of the call button went unanswered. Leg room OK although the cradle seats hard and uncomfortable and sleep was difficult. On time departure and arrival with food that was barely acceptable. Okay range of IFE however the audio was patchy. Since we booked late we paid top end for the tickets so relative to the competition on this route, value for money was questionable - even with the buy 1, get 1 free deal currently in place. I'll think twice before using Oasis Business again.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by M Evans

23 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW-HKG. Pleasant FAs, limited IFE. Meals basic but edible. Frequent offers of water/juice. Web site easy to use. Low cost flight (would have been 50 cheaper if I had booked two days earlier). Similar features on return flight. Would I fly again ? Possibly, but for an airline with few planes, any mech problems can cause big delays - airlines like BA/Cathay can draft in replacements or switch pax to other airlines.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by John Bursby

23 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

Just returned from a trip to Hong Kong with Oasis, for 75 (plus usual surcharges) each way economy. Checking in for the return flight at the Central Station Hong Kong to catch the Airport Express took about 3 minutes : no waiting with the added advantage of arriving at the airport with luggage already checked. Service on the plane was helpful and friendly. Food better that I expected for the price. The in-flight movies had problems but you can always read a book.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Lee Melbourn

5 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

Oasis Hong Kong Input LGW-HKG-LGW Economy. Check-in excellent at Gatwick. It opened 4 hours prior to the flight. One top tip when flying with Oasis is the online check in. If you book online, you can reserve a normal seat for 15 or an extra legroom seat for 60. If you are quick and get to the online check in 72 hours prior to your flight you can assign yourself an extra legroom seat for free! This was a great added bonus on both flights. Both flights on time and landed ahead of schedule. The cabin crew on both flights were helpful, friendly and efficient. The pilots were really informative and from BA. The down side was the planes. Both planes were old Singapore Airlines fleet and were a little shabby and dated. IFE was very poor. Headphone sockets on both flights did not work properly and the films on offer were dated. The other downside was the food. I couldn’t eat what they offered. Although this is included in the price, if you have a special diet or vegetarian, you have to pay an additional fee for this. All in all for the 75 each way I paid, I cannot complain and would use Oasis Hong Kong again. They have moved to T2 at Hong Kong which is a really excellent terminal with a 4D cinema. Check in was a lot slower than Gatwick. It was scheduled to open, and we were advised it would open at 9pm but staff did not arrive until 9:40pm. One other great thing about Oasis is the time of flights. Both overnight which mean you can sleep and arrived partially refreshed.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by C Zeng

5 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

I got the 85 each way deal and total was just under 300 after taxes. Check-in was fine, but the management of passengers entering the plane was very poor. If they would just put a big sign up to say people with children, elderly and those with special requirements first. It was no better at HK International, than it was at Gatwick. The ex-ANA 747 was better than the ex-Singapore Airlines 747. It was pretty cramped in the latter. The crew were generally friendly and eager to please - some seem a bit disorganised at meal times, but it is a lack of experience and more consistency is needed by various crew teams. Many people I've spoken were hooked on the low prices, but these are only low if you booked in advanced. I am not sure how well 109 each way will go down as after tax, they are bordering mainstream prices, as I have seen Cathay Pacific post like-for-like prices already.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Stephen Lloyd

5 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

HKG-LGW Business Class. Seated in the upper deck we had the old Thai style seats of two years ago, cradle not angled lie-flat seats, but enough comfort to sleep. Service good and with a smile. As it's budget, meals are standard not exceptional and there was no sign of spirits being served, but wine and beer was plentiful. The lounge is sort of BMI/Schipol standard. Overall a simple and rewarding experience. I did not expect SIA but am pleased with value and quality.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Darren Jones

18 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

LGW-HKG-LGW. Whilst not up to the standards of business class with the flag carriers, Oasis is still a good product with excellent pricing. The big bonus of travelling business class on a long overnight flight is the ability to get a good night's rest and in this respect the flight was excellent. Food was OK if unremarkable and the service was excellent. On the return journey we were on an ex-ANA aircraft on its first flight with Oasis and had the added bonus of being located in the old first class cabin with flatbed seats.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Andrew Coogans

11 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

HKG-LGW Business Class. Impressed with the lounge in HKG - peaceful and relaxing and close to the boarding gate with a wide range of drinks and food. Onboard the seats were comfortable enough for a 7 hour sleep on the flight. Basic amenity kits were offered containing socks, toothbrush and toothpaste. Food unspectacular - plastic cutlery and basically an economy class meal. Paid 6 for a vegetarian meal too when booking. IFE system showing year old movies and occasional problems with the headset sound. Toilets clean throughout the flight. Crew friendly but little glitches in their service (they forgot about a soft drink request, took a long time responding to a request for salt) showed through. Overall very impressed with the value since it was only UK50 more expensive than economy class on other airlines.

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines review - by Tony Duggan

9 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Business Class - have flown Oasis over 6 times now and each time I see a decline in service. Technical problems seem to be increasing in frequency. New planes have a 50" pitch not the 60" previously standard on Oasis (see the subtle tweak to the description of the seat on their website which now states 50-60") plus mechanical rather than electric seat controls. Oasis claim that these planes were rushed into service due to demand but in reality they are not much better than premium economy at full price on Virgin or BA. Constant excuses from management re the service degrade and the price with taxes is not much cheaper than Emirates or Qatar business class now which have real business class albeit with slightly longer journeys.

Add your Review