PAGE loading ... please wait!

Nepal Airlines Passenger Reviews and Nepal Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 2-Star Airline

a World 2-Star Airline

Add your Nepal Airlines Review

Nepal Airlines 2-Star Airline Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Nepal Airlines
6 out of 10  6 out of 10

Nepal Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by A Khan    (UK)

KTM to BKK. It is good and like others mentioned here the plane was quite old and there's no inflight entertainment. The website must be upgraded as there is no way to book online. However, its worth travelling.

Nepal Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by P Mishra    (Australia)

BKK-KTM, economy. B-757, though ageing, the aircraft was nice and clean. Good language skills with very friendly cabin staff. Captain provided plenty of information. Food was served hot and delicious. I would certainly recommend Nepal Airlines on that price.

Nepal Airlines customer review :  29 November 2010 by Ashik Gurung   (Nepal)

Customer Rating :  4/10

Kathmandu to Hong Kong. It is the cheapest anyone can have in this route but so are the facilities. The cabin crew are friendly, the seats are old and not comfortable, there is no entertainment during the flight.

Nepal Airlines customer review : 30 June 2010 by J Gurung

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

KTM-HKG. Food was good, service was nice. Cabin crew would promptly attend to you when you buzz them. Ticket was cheap compared to other airlines flying KTM to HKG. All in all would fly again with them if they keep their on-time schedule.

Nepal Airlines customer review : 17 April 2009 by M Trachsel

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

KTM-BKK Flight in March 2009, as it was only half the price of Thai. Booking, Check-in and Boarding went surprisingly without problem or delay. B757 is pretty old but clean inside. The staff provided a good service with a hot meal and passengers are provided with the Thai immigration papers. The inflight entertainment is outside the window, as you see lots of the Himalayas for the first 40 mins after departure.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Kenny Andreasen

30 November 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

BKK-KTM, economy. B-757, pleasant and clean. This was the cheapest option BKK-KTM and our expectations were low. We were surprised! Very friendly and serviceminded cabin staff in traditional, local dresses. Good language skills and plenty of information from the captain and FA. Good, local food. Arrival on time despite delay from BKK. No baggage problems and high level of service in KTM intl airport. An overall positive experience in spite of lack of IFE. I would definitely choose Royal Nepal Airlines again and have recommended others to fly them.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Alex Thomas

23 November 2007

HKG-KTM. On the whole not bad, left on time, Cabin crew friendly. Plane a bit dated, magazine was fairly informative. The best thing was the food, hot fresh and tasty.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Kumar Shrestha

29 July 2007

I am a Nepalese and well used to the awful standards of Nepal Airlines, formerly Royal Nepal Airlines. If you are thinking of flying by Nepal Airlines, don't ! Pay the extra and find another carrier. They have been operating their international services with two ancient Boeing 757s and both were grounded in early May resulting in the cancellation of all their international flights. These long delays and cancellations have happened to me several times in the past and I now pay the extra money and fly by Thai Airways on the same route. If you are lucky enough to take off, the meals and wines are good and the crews are efficient enough and do speak English regardless of any previous comments on this site. I want to be proud of my national carrier but at the moment it is a complete shambles and I advise everybody not to fly on this airline.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Keith Kriel

24 May 2007

I had the misfortune of making a booking on Royal Nepal Airlines from Kathmandu to Delhi. Little did I know that this was the worst airline I had ever encountered. I had a connecting flight at Delhi. On the morning of my departure I arrived at the airport only to discover that the flight had been cancelled. I was told to return to Kathmandu as the offices opened at 10am. Only after we, myself and a few other passengers, refused to go away, did the ground staff make a plan to get us on an alternative flight with Sahara Airlines. On arriving at Delhi there was absolutely no Royal Nepal Airlines staff to meet us, to try and arrange alternative flights or even provide support in any way. It cost me about $700 to make alternative arrangements as I had missed my connecting flight. Never use Royal Nepal Airlines, they are absolutely useless.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Robert Sampson

6 May 2006

KTM-HKG Business Class. Arriving at the airport we were faced with huge lines to get in as all baagage had to be x-rayed prior to check in. No agent present at the business class check in counter so my wife and I proceeded to the economy check in. Only one person in front. The agent was friendly and soon gave us our boarding passes, with the Economy Class name crossed out and Business Class written by hand - nice. Flight was delayed due to late arrival of aircraft - not an unusual occurrence with Royal Nepal - most people are just thankful the flight's not cancelled. Flight departed an hour and a half late though we arrived just 20 minutes past our scheduled arrival time. On board there were 2 FA for the 9 people sitting up front (including 2 relief pilots). Meals were fine and service was friendly. No inflight entertainment - only international news magazines and newspapers were available. FAs came around frequently to check if everything was ok. Overall an ok experience - the staff usually try their best, but are let down by shoddy management, ageing planes and poor infrastructure at the airport.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Ajay Sharma

24 February 2005

Granted this airlines has lot of problems I disagree with the comment that airline crew speak little to no English. Their English is quite good actually. In fact better than lot of airlines in South East Asia.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Subodh Burathoki

13 December 2004

I would agree with everyone in terms of Royal Nepal Airlines and its timings and delays. However, those are not the only problems this airline faces. It has only two aircrafts (the 757-200 and the 757-200C) which have no form of entertainment onboard, the cabin crew only speak Nepali, Hindi and very little or no English. And they know no other language, which is quite important considering most tourists are from Japan and France who will definitely have a lot to complain about. Being Nepali, I have had to fly this airline thrice and all the flights turned out to be as bad as the last one. The airline personnel in Delhi for RNAC is the worst I've ever come across as well. All these problems are probably due to corruption.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by N Bahadur

9 March 2004

Royal Nepal Airlines - you cannot depend upon its timing, and the airline should take care of time.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Kishor Shreshtha

1 October 2003

I think Royal Nepal Airlines is one of the most unreliable airlines in the South Asian region in terms of timing. I have had to travel on Royal Nepal (not out of choice!) on Kathmandu-Delhi sector a number of times and it is never on time. The delays are of the order of six to eight hours for a flight of one and a half hours.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Jonathan Stewart

4 May 2003

I have flown both Royal Nepal and Thai Airways on the route between Bangkok and Kathmandu, and I prefer Thai. Royal Nepal is very inefficient in making any changes to your itinerary (going to their office is, in fact, dealing with a government bureaucracy, and it feels like it), and they are chaotic in the airport. Thai is more organized and easier to deal with -- up to major airlines' standards. Royal Nepal was just fine once in the air, but the plane was a little older than I would have liked.

Royal Nepal Airlines - by Hirofumi Suda

25 May 2002

The airline from a small kingdom in the Himalayas - I had a really good impression on the short flight from Kathmandu to Delhi. Although there is no entertainment system at all apart from its inflight magazine, the crews were very friendly and attentive. The food was gorgeous! In just one hour flight, full meal was served including 2 choices in econ, which include hot meal, bread, cheese, dessert, salad, coffee....and it was very delicious. Frankly I think that Royal Nepal Airlines meal is the best inflight meal - it's catered from the Crown Plaza Hotel. Drinks were served regularly, and seats were not bad. I would give RNA at least 4 star for its excellent service.