Northwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Northwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Please refer to Delta Air Lines

Add your Northwest Airlines Review here

Airport Reviews : A-Z Index

Customer Review scoring : Northwest Airlines
5.3 out of 10  5.3 out of 10

1 2 3 4 5

Add your Review

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  30 March 2010 by Fiona Lawrence   (UK)

On return flight from Memphis on a Delta Flight was told by checkin that I would have to $90 because my bag was 2 pounds overweight. Had to take stuff out of case and squeeze into hand luggage, which was already at maximum weight - but they didn't even weigh that one.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  29 January 2010 by Mike Kwan   (Hong Kong)

HKG-NRT-HKG on A330 during the Christmas peak season. AVOD for my first segment does not work but it is OK for this 4 hours trip. The food is fine and flight attendants generally friendly. It is a slightly above average flight. Given the good price during the Christmas peak, I have no complaint.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  23 January 2010 by G Davis   (USA)

AMS-MSP on A330-200. Check in at the gate in AMS is now a nightmare after the Xmas day bombing attempt. Be prepared to stand in a security line for over an hour if you are in economy. Business class gets to jump to the start of the line, but it still takes 20 minutes to go through security at the gate. I recommend avoiding AMS for now. Flight was fine. AVOD good, seats OK, food good. NWA now has the polyester duvet and big pillow that Delta has, which makes it easy to sleep.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  19 January 2010 by O Youngmi   (USA)

I thought I got a great deal on my flight from LAX to ICN on Northwest. Little did I know, the service quality was going to be so horrible. If you're in economy, forget about asking for anything beyond what they serve you. More than half the flight attendants were rude and don't realize that the money we pay for our plane tickets pays their salaries. They should reconsider their profession in customer service - they're doing a bad job representing Northwest/Delta. I know we will never fly Northwest/Delta again.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  9 January 2010 by R Knecht   (USA)

BWI-DTW-ERI-DTW-SNA. Silver Medallion upgrade to F on the two mainline flights. Check-in was quick and efficient in BWI (F) and in ERI. Service on all four aircraft courteous and professional. Except for a bottle of water placed at seat, no welcoming drink offered in F on the mainline flights. Typical long wait for bags in SNA, but priority tags were honored.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  9 January 2010 by Susan Lethbridge   (Canada)

I was flying to Detroit from Los Angeles for New Years. I was informed that I would not be able to make a connecting flight out of Detroit and I should get off the plane and be put on the next available flight. When I went to the desk I was informed that there was not an available flight for 2 days. I asked where my luggage was. I was told that I should go down stairs to baggage claim and it would be there. I said that they were not taking any luggage off the plane, and in fact I could see the plane taking off. I was rushed away downstairs, and of course no luggage was there. I told them I had no clothes at all and was now staying in Los Angeles for another 2 days. They told me that they would contact Detroit and have my luggage sent back on the next available flight. Again, needless to say when I called Detroit I was informed that no one from Northwest in Los Angeles had called them, and in fact the bag was there. When I finally arrived in Detroit I went to claim my bag. No one asked me for my ticket or baggage claim. They merely pointed to a huge room full of luggage and told me to get mine. In this day and age of tightened security I was appalled. I cold have come out with anyones bag, or have tampered with bags. No one at Northwest seemed to care.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  1 January 2010 by W Pollitt   (USA)

MSP-LAX . Flight started on a poor note. Had to buy a first class ticket outbound because of the Thanksgiving holiday, only to find out there were plenty of seats in coach that were offered later for same flight. But once in First class was happy I paid the extra for it. Drinks always topped off, excellent attentive service. Priority handling of luggage would have made this rating a 10.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  31 December 2009 by C Gossett   (USA)

We travelled during the holiday season with holiday and weather delays abundant. Ohio to Vancouver, British Columbia and the staff at Minneapolis were superior! We needed to be put on a different flight on our way out which was done both efficiently and friendly, in spite of long lines and irritated passengers. On our way home our son needed assistance and we were treated with expert assistance which enabled us to make our flight in time!

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  19 December 2009 by K McCorm   (Canada)

YXU-DTW-TPA-DTW YXU. Was scheduled for 630am departure from YXU, flight was overbooked so we had to wait for next flight which was at 1200pm - this flight was also delayed due to late a/c and de-icing. Got to DTW and of course missed our connection to TPA, ended up being routed YXU-DTW-IND-ATL-SRQ. Arrived 12 hours late, and not even at the airport we were supposed to, because there were no more seats to that airport for the day.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  12 December 2009 by T Schalkham   (USA)

ATL to NRT. It was the worse flight I have ever flown on. No individual screens for movie viewing and very few tvs to view. I went through 2 pairs of headsets and finally gave up on trying. Very unfriendly flight attendants. The food was okay, but that was the best part of the trip. Recommend going with someone else if flying from the USA to Japan.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  13 October 2009 by Neil Ramsay   (Australia)

LAX-MSP and return in economy on full flights. Despite emphasizing their carryon regulations on their web site and having testers at each gate, NWA does nothing to control the size and number of carryons brought onto their aircraft. It is really a joke to watch some pax trying to pound their huge bags into the overheads effectly damaging what is already in there and/or taking up too much room for those following. Then to be requested to remove our smaller "legal" bags from the lockers and put them under our feet to make room for the "illegal" sized bags was the last straw. I refused and that was that. The surly in flight service is limited to a drink (90% ice) and a bag of nuts (12) on a 4 hour flight. Good thing NWA's fares were cheap.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  28 September 2009 by Ian Smith   (UK)

GLA-AMS-DTW-MCO return. Both transatlantic flights with NWA-Delta on A330-300 which were clean and tidy with good AVOD. The cabin crew were friendly and efficient. The inflight meal to Detroit was probably the worst offering I've had in 40 odd years of flying transatlantic. The food on the return to AMS was slightly better, but pretty poor fare. On the bright side they flew us from GLA to MCO for 350 return, so we don't have much to complain about.

1 2 3 4 5