PAGE loading ... please wait!

Northwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Northwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Add your Review

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  4 March 2009 : by G Keens  (UK)

Mumbai to Amsterdam overnight in business class, service poor and quality of cabin crew appalling. I suggest that they need serious retraining, especially in courtesy and level of service. Probably the worst business class flight ever taken, all services well below the standards that you would expect from any other airline.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  3 March 2009 : by Sam Rahm  (USA)

AMS-MEM-IAH Business class. Cabin is similar to KLM but seats longer - but also have angled- lie flat affect which makes you slip down while trying to sleep. AVOD system easy to use with clear screen but with a terrible with a choice of maybe 10 movies only 3 of which were recent. Not even close to Emirates or Singapore. Food was better than KLM but leagues below competitors on other European airlines. Crew was relatively pleasant in business class but ancient and lack finesse of other airlines. Nice touch was purser came and thanked each passenger for flying with them and requested us to return. Would consider flying them again but would never fly through Memphis airport which is dreadful!

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  28 February 2009 : by J Pohland  (Netherlands)

Not an airline I would recommend. On board, FA over 50yr with an attitude. Seat was standard. Food awful, and so was the wine (including sparkling wine). AVOD was not user friendly and selection was terrible.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  27 February 2009 : by Phillip Brander

Trip Rating : 4/10

SEA-MSP-LGA in economy (Select Seating). First and probably last flight with Northwest. Flights departed / arrived on time and baggage wasn't lost. Service was dismal with flight attendants looking like they would prefer to be elsewhere. No pillows, no blankets and a free glass of water or juice was the best on offer. Seat pitch on the B753 and A319 seemed to be around 31" at best.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  23 February 2009 : by Michael Shafer

Trip Rating : 1/10

Seattle/Tacoma to Honolulu return Coach Class. No baggage charge for first leg of trip from Reno to Seattle (that was on Alaska Airlines). Flight was about 90 minutes late getting into Seattle. Chaotic boarding process. Only drinks and a snack pack available for purchase on flight; no meal served. Awful in-flight movie with no choice for entertainment options. Cramped seating. Flight on return was more of the same, but at least the flight was on time. Was extremely annoyed that there is now a $15 charge for baggage for ONE checked bag. When I asked why I had not been charged $15 for the trip there, it was explained to me that because I flew Alaska going there, and their policy is everyone gets one checked bag for free, their rules applied on the first leg. When I asked why, since I am flying Alaska/Horizon back to Reno, I should be charged for the bag, I was explained that the first airline's rules apply. Check in in Honolulu was very rude. Was asked to have my suitcase examined for weight before I was told about the $15.00. Was told by the check in counter that my ID had expired; she failed to look at the renewal sticker on back. As a passenger, I deserve better than this!

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  23 February 2009 : by R Knecht

Trip Rating : 8/10

LAX-MSP-DTW-ERI return Y class. Five of the six were either early or on-time. Check-in at LAX and ERI efficient. Flight attendants ranged from friendly to silent, but service professional. LAX-MSP a red-eye so a quick beverage service only; MSP-LAX late morning with one cart service but multiple coffee and water runs through the cabin. Additional payment for exit row seating worth the expense.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  12 February 2009 : by James Westenberger

Trip Rating : 7/10

Northwest has been very reliable for me. I travel frequently for business and rarely had a business trip disrupted because of service issues in the past 10 years. I do have some issues with their frequent flyer program "WorldPerks." I have been a NW Platinum Elite for the past 6 years. This is their highest tier. In the past year or so I have notice much less frequent upgrades to 1st class. NW claims is all computerized based on Elite Status, fare class, time of booking, etc. but I question that. Recently I was returning from a business trip on a Friday morning from San Diego to Mpls and not only was I not upgraded - I was #16 on their upgrade waiting list. Lately I have been upgraded about half the time, despite being in their highest Elite Tier for the past 6 years. I think the merger with Delta may have something to do with this. Each year more and more benefits get taken away. This year NW Platinum Elite mileage bonus decreased from 125% to 100%. And NW Platinums used to have changes for Award Tickets waived - this year there will be a charge. Sometime I wonder if NW merged with United, not Delta.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  27 January 2009 : by Hirofumi Suda

Trip Rating : 9/10

Hancock to Washington via Minneapolis return. Pleased with the service having been upgraded to First Class on both return trips with K-class fare, which was $300. The meal was excellent, and kept filling up with drinks. I know the upgrade occured because of my elite silver status, but it's the only airline so far that I have experienced this. On the last return sector (coach-class), the flight was delayed for over 9hrs over-night due to weather problem at Hancock, and I had to pay for the hotel over-night, but the crew on the last sector filled us with drinks and engaging with passengers.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  26 January 2009 : by M Blosser

Trip Rating : 9/10

Connecting flight from Royal Jordanian was hours late, so we missed our Northwest flight to Minneapolis. The staff at the NW counter at JFK very helpful and patient. Our group of 32 was sent to Laguardia for a different flight. Staff at the counter there was also helpful. Got us all safely home. Flight itself was comfortable.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  24 January 2009 : by D Schmeisser

Trip Rating : 8/10

IMT to DEN return was a very pleasant trip. All segments boarded on time and arrived early at the destination. The flight attendants were friendly, and the ground staff in IMT, perhaps because it's new service, were friendly. Planes clean and in good condition.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  19 January 2009 : by M Preece

Trip Rating : 3/10

Seoul to Tokyo was on a new plane with in-seat entertainment in economy and a light meal. The staff were mostly Korean and Japanese and kind and attentive. My connecting flight from Tokyo to Minnesota was on a very worn 747 - no personal entertainment, meals were horrendous and the flight crew wasn't as professional as one would hope. I do not appreciate when they yell across the plane to get someone elses attention because they have run out of water. The food was for lack of a better word, disgusting. My second connection from Minnesota to Toronto was on an aged 50 seat jet - our flight attendant was friendly and funny and the flight was better. On my return I had the same 3 planes going the opposite way. The long flight from Detroit to Tokyo was a little better while the food was heads and tails better. I will pay a little more to never have to take Northwest again.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  15 January 2009 : by Agnes Bach

Trip Rating : 2/10

MSP-AMS. Boarding was very slow, cabin crew not helpful or caring at all. One of the FAs made fun of a pax who did not speak English - such a rude way to treat an old man who obviously did not feel comfortable onboard. Food was horrible, was offered only vegetarian food that tasted awful. We were offered minimal drink, even water. Staff vanished after service, and warned many pax not to push the calling buttons! Entertainment was good, wide selection of movies in many languages.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  13 January 2009 : by Patti Chase

Trip Rating : 0/10

December 23rd 2008 my husband I had boarding passes in our hands for Providence RI, when the flight at the gate just disappeared! No announcement of cancellation, nothing. That was after 3 delays and two gate changes. There was no Northwest employee who knew anything about all of us stranded with seat assignments and no plane. We were on our own to try and rebook. What a nightmare. We ended up flying to Washington DC and connecting with US Airways and arrived seven hours late with no baggage. It never left with us and could not be found. We had nothing!! And again Northwest did not help. US Airways now had the baggage problem. We went shopping on Christmas Eve to have some clothes to wear and some essentials. The baggage arrived the day before we came home. Northwest was horrid, just truly rude in every way.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  6 January 2009 : by J Goh

Trip Rating : 6/10

I flew on NW for the first time last month from PHL-KIX (Philadelphia - Kansai). My flight had a connection in Detroit. The flight was late leaving from Philadelphia because for some reason the plane, although it was in the terminal, was not pulled up to the gate until 30 minutes after the projected departure time. We boarded and made good time to Detroit and I had at least an hour and a half to spare, but I think some people missed local connections and were none too happy about that. My flight to Kansai International was about the same. On NW you have to pay for otherwise complimentary transpacific alcoholic beverages. Plus the food was so-so, although they did manage to get my special request correct. The FAs were okay, mainly because not too much was asked of them. I tried to get a drink a few times during the 14hr flight and all of the times it took at least a good 30 minutes before anyone would respond. I slept most of the time and didn't expect too much, so perhaps in that way my expectations were fulfilled.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  10 December 2008 : by Judith Greenfield

Trip Rating : 3/10

I was travelling back from Hawaii to Heathrow via Portland and Minnesota. On the Portland/ Minnesota leg it was announced that you were into recycling and would be collecting all cans and plastics during the flight. The air stewardess walked up the aisle with her bag saying, "anyone have any trash, any trash anybody". Obviously on the way back she was getting a bit tired of saying it and could only managed to look at all of us poor suckers sitting there and grunt the word "trash" to each and everyone of us. It just sounded So very Rude. It's my guess that she secretly enjoyed saying it. I have told several people since I got back and it has given them a good laugh though.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  3 December 2008 : by P Perera

Trip Rating : 7/10

SIN to LAX in Business. SIN checkin was very fast, used the Thai lounge which was quite nice. On board SIN to NRT it was nice service. Food average business class breakfast which has not changed in five years. In Tokyo the NW lounge was nice with showers and great food and computer stations. From NRT to LAX more of a US crew the service was quite rushed.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  30 November 2008 : by Mauro Zampa

Trip Rating : 2/10

MSP-RSW return (return via DTW). NWA has hit rock bottom both on customer service and comfort. What was once an enjoyable experience is now appalling; flights on A320's left and arrived on time, but attendants looked as if sick to be there, please don't do anything to make me work attitude, seats small and cramped. I hope Delta restores some pride and quality to this ailing airline and it's employees, or it will be a long road ahead for passengers to come.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  25 November 2008 : by A Nicholas

Trip Rating : 4/10

Pack a Lunch! The food on Northwest was foul. Full of fat, literally and sugar. I felt so sick after my 11hour flight from LAX to TYO. Service was okay, but not out of their way. Not a very child friendly airline, not enough to entertain them. Kids constantly running up and down the aisle.

NORTHWEST AIRLINES review :  23 November 2008 : by Leo Enticknap

Trip Rating : 5/10

MAN-AMS-DTW-DCA and back in economy. Outward transatlantic flight was on KLM and return on NW; both A330s. All the flights were on time and connections (both me plus luggage) were made without any problems. The KLM cabin crew were courteous and professional in dealing with the person behind me who started complaining when I reclined my seat. The return transatlantic flight was a horrendous experience. The legroom was so small as to be virtually unbearable (much worse than on KLM), made even worse by a large metal object under the seat in front, and the flight attendants were rude and aggressive. When booking an NW/KLM codeshare trips, always try to get KLM flights if possible, especially for the long-haul segments. If you're over six feet tall, the lack of legroom in NW economy class will probably leave you in significant pain at the end of a long-haul flight unless you can get an exit row seat (which is now virtually impossible unless you're willing to pay extra).

1 2 3 4 5