LAM Mozambique Airlines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

LAM Mozambique Airlines 3-Star Airline Ranking

LAM Mozambique Airlines Passenger Reviews

LAM Mozambique Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

LAM Mozambique Airlines Economy class seat reviews

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  17 February 2014 by Danilo Schlegel   (Germany)

Flight TM 333/TM 2332 on 14th February 2014 4 hours too late - I missed my connecting flight to CDG with AF. No help and paid all additional costs myself. The service from the office in Johannesburg was not professional.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  4 December 2013 by R B Hackland   (South Africa)

Always delays with LAM. Flight was delayed for whole day from JNB to Beira. Worst part is there is no communication from LAM! If the flight is cancelled / delayed then advise your passengers!

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  3 October 2013 by Karim AlSayed   (Egypt)

Round Trip Flight MPM-NPL-MPM. Boeing 737-500 To Nampula and back With Embraer 190 To Maputo. Staff kind and helpful, food nice and seats comfortable. Only 2 disadvantages: tickets are really expensive and delayed in Nampula more than 1 hour inside the aircraft.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  31 July 2013 by Jose Silvestre   (Portugal)

June 2013 from Johannesburg to Maputo return. They used the Embraer 190 which is very comfortable and spacious. Although the departure left almost one hour later of scheduled the service was very good. The only negative thing is the price. The route needs some competition to help the prices go down.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  30 August 2011 by Paul Arnold   (Jordan)

JNB-VNX then VNX-INH-JNB. Perfectly comfortable flights with friendly crew. Snack and drinks served both ways. Wine and beer available if required. Aircraft not the newest but fine. Flights punctual. Tickets a little pricey for the distance but probably not a lot different to their peers on the same routes.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  30 July 2011 by S Pyne   (UK)

I have never ever come across such appalling service and lack of human decency. Not only did they cause me (and others) to miss our connecting flights from Johannesburg, but the way we were treated was despicable. We were ignored, treated like we were not worth their time or effort. They lied blatantly and smiled while doing it. Even whilst acknowledging it was their fault I missed my connecting BA flight, they refused to pay for a rescheduled flight because I had booked that ticket with a travel agent - and they only told me this at 5pm the next evening having promised all day that they would sort tickets out - too late for me to phone the UK. I had to pay nearly £600 to get back, nearly as much as my original return ticket cost. I have learnt they are notorious for delayed flights, cancelled flights, shocking customer service, losing luggage, generally being the worst airline ever.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  29 July 2011 by L Sanneh   (UK)

We flew Vilankulos to JNB. The plane seated 27 and there were 51 passengers on the list - in spite of having booked and had confirmation of flight 3 months before this flight, and having to connect with international flights at Joburg, we were left to wait for another plane to come, which eventually reached JNB after our flight had left. We were stranded without our baggage for over 24 hours in Johannesburg Transit area, with no information, no food, lies, unhelpful staff, and were eventually put into the Protea transit hotel at LAM's expense. The next day we were told we would be able to take the Air France flight we had been originally booked on for the previous day, but they had no idea where our baggage was. Eventually Air France located it and booked it through to the UK for us, but LAM was just chaotic and completely unprofessional and unhelpful.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  19 May 2011 by Francois Koenig   (South Africa)

Vilanculos-JNB. Check in quick and efficient. Q400 very neat and tidy, cabin crew very pleasant. Full service meal with 1st round of drinks free. Quick and easy transfer in JNB for connection to CPT.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  12 May 2011 by A Cotrim   (Portugal)

JNB-MPM, new Embraer E190 airplane. The crew was kind and friendly, food (snack) was very good for a short flight of 50 minutes. The space between chairs was very good.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  11 May 2011 by L Elliott   (South Africa)

I flew to Inhambane from JNB, flight was re-directed via Vilankulos without notifying any passengers. Sat on the tarmac for a couple of hours without any information being relayed to passengers. Missed arranged lift from Inhambane to Tofu as a result. On return flight from Inhambane to JNB, my suitcase never reached Jhb and to-date no communication has been forthcoming. I have phoned repeatedly and emailed the JNB LAM offices as well as BIDAIR and have to stress that I am not sure whose service is worse. Eventually, after losing my patience and being downright demanding to staff, I was emailed claim forms. Is this what we almost always must expect from Africa? How very sad that people just do not give a damn and why the hell do these entities operate when the owners/directors and staff just do not really care or look after what is a just essentially a service industry. Do they not realise that the customers are paying their salaries and bonuses? I will make sure that I never fly LAM again and pass this on to as many poor unsuspecting people out there as possible.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  26 April 2011 by António Cotrim   (Portugal)

MPM-VNX-MPM.I flew with 11 persons. We are a group that was in holiday in Mozambique. When we did the check-in the two last person of our group didn't have place in the plane. How could it was possible? We had all trip confirmed. Then a couple arrived at airport and the check-in desk gave to them 2 boarding-pass. We ask for the woman who was at the check-in desk and she said that she only did what the company said. They gave to us many apologies and kept out two passengers (only knew after the departure when another passenger told us). The flight was delayed 2hours 30 minutes and we lost the connection to Bazaruto island.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  25 April 2011 by C Davies   (Mozambique)

Appalling airline, rarely maintains schedule, exorbitant prices, no compensation or help when flights are delayed, diverted or cancelled as they are on an almost daily basis. Staff are surly and rude, theft from baggage is a regular occurrence.

LAM Mozambique Airlines customer review :  11 April 2011 by A Anthonioz   (France)

JNB-VNX Embraer 120 / 30 seats. Excellent flight. Plane was clean and well-maintained. Feel safe on both flights.

1 2